[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did SFV fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 46

File: 1441257878355.jpg (781KB, 1080x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1441257878355.jpg
781KB, 1080x1100px
Why did SFV fail?
>>
The same reason 3s failed. Shit neutral and forced literally who characters.
>>
>>376600558
Who cares post more fightan girls.
>>
cuz it's kinda bad
>>
>>376600558
Karin and R. Mika are the only video game girls that get me hard for some reason and they're not even the type of girl I'd go for irl
>>
>>376600558
Capcom assumed people would buy a game that was less than half finished because "it's Street Fighter". They vastly underestimated how much of a fighting game's sales comes from people who don't even care about competitive multiplayer.
>>
>>376600558
Casualized the gameplay but removed the modes casuals actually like to play.

Looks like shit and runs like shit in toasters.

Awfull cast.

Awfull stages.

Released unfinished so a bunch of DLC.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 600x431px
>>376600558
Hmm OP maybe regular people don't respond well to a new game coming out with less content than the previous games wether they are important modes or not, it's bad for the old purchase psychology.

You know what elese is bad? Knowing its actually just a licence to an ever changing and updating online lobby and shop. In years to come SFV will have no reason to be played. When the servers shut down one day and you load up a vanilla copy, you will have an unfinished game with a shit survival mode.

It may be true that when i fire up SF Alpha anthology or Capcom Vs SNK2 on my PS2 thats its a dead game and i can only play it alone, but at least i know that they are always what threy are. A finished product. Forever.

SFV wanted to set a terrible precedent for how fighting games tether to their online functionality. Wether its a good game mechanically ia now irrelevant, it left a bad taste in common sense consumers mouths.
>>
>>376600558
>censorship
>small roster
>lacks 1/3 or more of the classic characters
>no one wants to pay full price for a demo and them have to buy the rest of the game as dlc over 4 years
>>
>>376600558
try to appeal non-player/espn audience
>>
>>376600558
Failed to realize no one cares about esports
>>
>>376601029
More like trying to force people who don't play competitively to play competitively.
>>
>>376600872
>They vastly underestimated how much of a fighting game's sales comes from people who don't even care about competitive multiplayer

This, and only this. Even worse were the "just" brigade on /b/ who came to defend it.
>its only for multiplayer anyway
>SF has never had extra costumes anyway why SHOULDN'T you pay for them in 2015?
>so what? They have PROMISED more content later via updates AFTER you paid full price. Its coming just trust them
>stop picking other stages, we only use training stage here. As far as im concernsd all other stages should be optional $$$ DLC
>>
Just played a Juri what do you do against her *teleports behind you* attack?
>>
>>376600558
Launched as a $60 beta and didn't leave it for almost a year. It's fine now but the damage is done.
>>
>>376601091
This. They even had to apologise when they realised most players dont give a fuck about your bronze rank and never will
>>
Because the 90's are over
>>
>>376601162
Close the game.
>>
I want to impregnate mika-chan
>>
Same reason why SF3 failed. Capcom oversaturated the market with iterations of their previous game and people lost interest because they didn't want to keep paying full price for updates.

The community probably didn't help either.
>>
they tried to early access their video game

instead people wrote off their game forever
>>
Post Cammy
>>
File: 1452118827167.gif (456KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452118827167.gif
456KB, 420x315px
>>376600558
Too casual for Hardcore players.
Not casual enough for casuals.
>>
>>376601091

More like promising they made a beginner friendly game but then released it with a 2 minute tutorial that explains nothing while tons of other fighting games have HUGE tutorials
>>
>>376601202
What if I want to win though?
>>
Core mechanics are trash.
Horrible launch.
Capcom cares more about DLC rather than fixing the game.
>>
>>376600558
Everytime I see a R. Mika post I get incredibly horny and have to jack off immediately.
>>
>>376600971
>SFV wanted to set a terrible precedent
It's not a precedent. They're basically trying to copy MK and KI's model.
>>
File: 1451421371411.png (20KB, 474x987px) Image search: [Google]
1451421371411.png
20KB, 474x987px
>>376601381
Close the game.
>>
>>376601280
As someone who's too casual for in-depth mechanics but more hardcore than the average player I enjoy SFV a lot.
>>
>>376600872
This really.
People can shit on NRS games here all they want. But there's a reason they sell as well as they do.
>>
>>376600558

>We have an established player base but it's getting old.
>We need new players to join the scene.
>How do we do it?
>Let's force them!
>>
Does this have an arcade mode yet?
>>
>>376601147
>so what? They have PROMISED more content later via updates AFTER you paid full price. Its coming just trust them

This defense is always so sad.
>>
>>376601463
Really? Kek. No wonder Tekken 7 is going to be the golden boy. OH LOOK A FINISHED GAME WITHOUT HALF THE ROSTER AND COSTUME BEHIND DLC PAYWALL"

Devs are basically telling us they want £120 for their games now. You can have the £40 version, but please understand this is like a finance option, you get half the game now if you like.
>>
I dunno mang, I'm just a casual SF player and I've played SFII, 3rd Strike and USFIV and EX+a and I can't get into it. Just feels stressful and annoying to play. I play Gief and in IV it felt like advancing an utter wall towards someone that they just had to keep back and if I could get a knockdown or they tried to jump in I could fuck them like a Russian bear. Felt like more of a constant dance between me and the other person to get in.

In SFV it feels more like I just have to lumber this big shit across the screen through infinite fireballs until I get close to them and once I do I have to win ten rock paper scissors reads or guesses in a row and if I lose one of them then I have to do it all over again, and if I get hit anywhere between myself and them then I might as well just put down the controller and concede the round because I'm just gonna get vortexed/juggled across the screen. Feels like they made a game where Gief can get rushed down and then dominated up close. It's like I'm walking on a tightrope solving a rubix cube and if I don't solve the cube in ten moves I get shot off the rope. It's just not fun to play.
>>
>>376601590
Nope
>>
>>376601590
Hah! No.
>>
>>376601507
Exactly.
People who just enjoy fighters on a pure game level love the game.
The kind of people who don't Main a single character but like to learn several or to be specific try to get the most out of the game they payed money for.

I love how i can literally pick any character in the game spend 5 minutes in training mode and go online and stand an actual chance of wining.

Contrast this to BB or GG where i don't stand a chance of wining online even vs casuals unless i sped 30 minutes in training mode learning how to convert most attacks in to combos.
>>
>>376601590
Haha
>>
>>376601458
>>376600558
I WANT R MIKA TO SIT ON MY FACE
>>
>>376601590
No, but it does have a story mode now. Kind of weird that they haven't added a basic arcade mode, it'd be better than fucking survival.
>>
>>376601458

I wanna lick clean her ass after her hard training
>>
>>376601237
They have been doing that since SF2. Everybody that plays SF games are used to all the different versions.

Gameplay wise i think the game is somehow worse for casual players if you do online or play with friends. I have a group of friends that are better at fighters then me. And in SF4 i would win here and there cause they were going for 1 frame links and FADC combos and drop them every so often giving me a chance to do damage or gain the upper hand. Things went back and forth a little bit more.

But now since 90% of the characters in this game best damage is just "button-button-special" i just get shit on so much worse since they can just keep applying pressure with safe normals and easily link anything i cant block into damage since i believe the smallest links in the game now are 3 frames.
>>
>>376601718
she has a butt move dude
if you don't want that you are maybe homosex
>>
>>376601458
>face sitting looks pretty hot
>look it up on gelbooru
>nothing but face sitting where the guy heavily sniffs the girls brown anus
Y. I just want it simple
>>
>>376601595
Isin't it true there was a season pass and people found they STILL had to pay for certain costumes? What the fuck did that thing pay for??
>>
>>376600639
>Shit neutral

what? the neutral game is excellent in 3s or are you bad at parrying?
>>
>>376601892
>I want to sniff her ass not HER ASS
>>
>>376601932
>parry OSes out the ass
>lmao look at me guessing right in neutral once then losing the game, it's gonna look sick on youtube
Garbage game.
>>
Who /Rashid/ here?
>>
>>376601851
>get shit on so much worse since they can just keep applying pressure with safe normals

You're doing it wrong then. Applying pressure in this game is about as safe as getting shot in the nuts, they'll have to back off at some point and the neutral resets.

No you're not getting blown up by the pressure. You're getting blown up by 2 things: priority system and crush counters. These destroy everyone from casual to pro and destroy even the game itself.
>>
File: EdCloseUp[1].jpg (49KB, 354x627px) Image search: [Google]
EdCloseUp[1].jpg
49KB, 354x627px
Give me your honest opinion on this character
>>
>>376601851
>They have been doing that since SF2.
Yes, and midway through SF2's lifecycle the popularity of the game plummeted due to all of the fucking updates and the elitist community at arcades. Nobody really gave a shit after Turbo because they'd had enough.
>>
>>376602056
So you are fucking bad, lmao.
>>
>>376602113
RA
SHI
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>376602181
We want Cody in SFV, but not really
>>
>>376601905
All the different categories of costumes are retarded. Tournament, holiday, and sponsored costumes ("Red Bull" Ryu? wtf) aren't covered, I believe. Plus they play favorites with costumes, so Chun Li has twice as many costumes as most of the roster. The fact that Fight Money is only good for Story costumes sucks too.
>>
>>376601991
I like asses. I don't like shit. Anusses don't look appealing to me. I just want to see asses being motorboated.
>>
>>376602194
You have never in your life touched 3s kid, don't flatter yourself.
>>
I didn't buy it cause of how awful the art style is honestly... It makes me angry how bad it looks
>>
they censored it

rip nipples
>>
>>376600558
sony
>>
>>376602181

Hi, I'm Abdudy and I'm here to gentlemanly throw rocks at whoever stole my memories.
>>
>>376602181
He seems alright, only part I don't like with his design is the hat. His gameplay seems pretty cool to. I don't really care if he looks like a total faggot.
>>
File: smug marisa.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
smug marisa.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>there are people on /v/ who actually consider 3s and Garou good
>>
>>376600558
Early Access launch not labeled as such.
No Arcade for Japan
Basically lied about everything you promised to do.
Rootkit for PC
fps dips on consoles in offline play (how???)
Trying the freeinium model but having a base cost
Launch with no dinput
Launch with no punishment for online leavers and basically actively reward them
Launch with fucked lobbies
Launch with fucked online
Have a buy-in beta that's less memory intensive and runs better than your final product
No fucking benchmark tool on online PC game when you got that right 10 years ago.
fail to meet deadlines for everything except just barely characters
nerf anything and everything that isn't a frametrap or a CH combo
Betting on the casual market without realizing casuals don't buy fighters unless you aggressively big bucks market it.

Probably forgetting shit
>>
>>376602305
You sure about that, shit-for-brains? That's kind of a big assumption from someone who's shit at 3s.
>>
>>376600558
The game has some severe technical letdowns but the core gameplay was and still is really fun for me. When you get good, the amount of layers of mind games there is is astonishing. Problem is, most of what makes the game fun is hidden from the average player eyes which make the game boring to watch if you don't know all of the rules to understand what is happening in the players head. Result is that it's not popular outside of the hardcore fandom, and even there there is some clashes.

Probably not the best fightan ever but definitely not as bad as the haters make it out to be.
>>
>>376602181
How do I DP: The Character
>>
>>376602434
>Rootkit for PC

explain
>>
>>376602492
You've never even touched the game so I think I'm good.
>>
>>376600639
Dumbest post on /v/ today. Gg.
>>
>>376602173
Oh i know im doing it wrong. There is a reason im worse then my friends. Its the worst feeling. I love playing fighting games. But i plateau hard with how good i actually get with them.

Its just an example i have had to deal with and one i have heard a few others in a similar situation have to put up with. The easier combo system the game has gives a larger percentage of more skilled players less things that can go wrong and leave less chance for a lesser skilled player to do damage.
>>
>>376600558
It should have been Darkstalkers IV.
>>
>>376602618
Another shitter who never played 3s.
>>
>>376602398
stop, they just saw evo moment #37 and think 3rd strike is the greatest game of all time

all sf games have their flaws but are still fun games :)

except 5
>>
>>376601595
Most of the DLC characters are free to prevent user fragmentation.
>>
>>376602276
Its was a fucking disgrace then, and its still a disgrace now in 2017. Faggots will actually defend that as optional AS IF IT SHOULD BE.
>>
>>376602630
You know you're doing wrong but you don't know what you're doing wrong.

You're not supposed to be a reaction god that can convert 2 jabs into a special or combo a counter jab into a medium button. You can start doing those after you have character familiarity.

What you should be doing is fishing for crush counters. Its literally 90% of the neutral and the surefire way to combo.
>>
>>376600558
Where are her nipples?
>>
File: lol.png (53KB, 1177x326px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
53KB, 1177x326px
>>376602596
Are you autistic by any chance? Man, the type of fucking freaks you find on this site sometimes.

Here's a little taste. I also have hours in the online edition and more if you count local tournies. Show me yours ;)
>>
>>376602725
Why Garou then? Is it just hipster 3s?
>>
>>376600749
>they're not even the type of girl I'd go for irl
Implying youd ever talk to a human let alone a female. You jerk off to fucking street fighter characters you loser.
>>
>>376603049
Damn anon you destroyed him

But semantically speaking you could have taken this screenshot from someone that isn't you. Do you have a proof that this is you ?
>>
>>376603049
EU?
>>
>>376600558
You've heard it multiple times, they aren't getting the roster wrong though, it's turning out to be bretty gud, too bad they are dripping out the characters in a slow as fuck way. Capcom is dumb, good roster will be complete near 2020 then the game dies, they're gonna do the same with Infinite, it's pretty stupid.

Despite the flaws, gameplay wise they can still redeem themselves, window is closing though.
>>
>>376603147
I have no shame. R Mika is hot af
>>
>>376602056
>>parry OSes out the ass

lol you may as well be complaining about empty cancels.
>>
>>376603287
Kara cancels don't break the game, shit systems do.
>>
>>376603149
I can, I go by the name of Night on fightcade and i'll be willing to show him how "not touched" I am at 3s for him but he's pussy ass broken record.
>>
I dunno, USFIV felt far more fluid and more like an exchange of blows. Maybe SFV will become that much of an interaction by the time of its final patch.
>>
I spent countless hours in tekken's ghost battle mode. I love playing Arcade mode in Old Capcom fighters.

Why doesn't SF5 have either of these
>>
Aside from the cheese hair and a couple of faces I like the artstyle. I like how ripped everyone is too, though this is maybe the only type of setting where it'd work
>>
>>376603158
No, Canada
>>
>>376600558
Because 4 wasn't very good either and people are sick of it
>>
>>376603331
>>376603384
>pussy
>dodges all the way back to canada
lmao
>>
>>376600558
We know why, for well over a year. For more clarity see >>376600872 >>376602434. The decision to release a game that lacks more than half of what base SFIV had was fucking stupid. On top of that what they did to the core gameplay was not satisfactory to neither casual nor competitive. On all fronts they shot themselves several times over and now they're trying to bandage the holes with the bullets in place.

At this point they should just release a Super or Turbo version of the game with all the bells and whistles that USFIV had then build on top of it. Afterwards release an arcade version because fuck console exclusivity. Sometimes it's better to start over than continue with something that's busted.
>>
>>376603489
Can someone explain this post to me? How am I dodging when I am willing to fight your sorry ass. Or are you just going to continue shitposting like a retard but then again, your very post on this thread has been retarded so why stop now right?
>>
Launching with no arcade
That fucking atrocious survival mode
The grind required to unlock anything
Worst online and loading times of a modern capcom title
Huge inconsistency between models, Chun Li and Cammy look amazing and Ken still looks like hot shit
Weird as fuck DLC lineup that hasn't generated any hype since the game came out
>>
>>376603673
I specified a location first, you picked the other side of the world therefore you are dodging with your shit game.
Do you play anything decent at all?
>>
I can't find a fun character to play, and I don't know if it's because there's no fun characters to play, or no fun characters to play against, or if the game itself is just unfun..
>>
File: 1484716418294.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484716418294.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
>>376602571
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/

tl:dr: Capcom trying to stop hacks, did it so bad it became a backdoor
>>
>>376603774
you are dumb as a brick lmao
>>
>>376603728
>loading times of a modern capcom title

You forgot to mention that it was intentional as seen by the one modder who decreased them by just changing a value in ini.

It's just that ps4 is a shit console and capcom can't optimize for shit.
>>
>>376603837
Cool dodge, so you have no experience in anything but a shit game yet you defend it. That's not how it works, kid.
>>
no butt slapu
no game buyu
>>
This game, for the first time, made me wish Capcom didn't own the competitive SF community, so we could just keep playing older games without them being dead.
>>
>>376603774
maybe fucking word your fucking posts right, dum dum. I thought you were asking about MY location. Besides judging by your attitude and shit I don't think you've touched any fighting games at all.
>>
>>376600872
This is the only correct answer.

People might bitch about the game's mechanics and general balance, but at the end of the day that still isn't why SFV flopped. It flopped because it had fucking no content on launch. Injustice and Mortal Kombat have proven you fucking NEED SP content if you want your fighting game to succeed.

Capcom shipped a game with little core appeal and no casual appeal.
>>
>>376604016
I'm playing sf4 right now.
>>
>>376603875
yeah that guy you are replying to is obviously me... atleast his post isn't wrong about you
>>
I didn't buy it for Capcoms DLC practises.

And I'm still mad about SFxT.
>>
>>376604087
I can't tell you are both braindead.
>>
>>376603954
i still can't believe they censored the ass slap. how fucking gay is that. and cammy's nipples too.
>>
>>376604181
lmao, that is a pretty ironic post.
>>
>>376602181
Real talk
He should have been in the launch of the game. If his 'baby's first streetfighter' moveset is designed to ease beginners into the game, why wasn't he in at launch?

What day one beginner is going to buy SF5 and immediately gravitate towards Ed and think "yeah he looks like a beginner friendly character". Not to mention he is DLC so even if you do buy the vanilla game, you don't even have access to him.

Lets just step back to apprechiate how stupid that is, its like having the tutorial be paid DLC, excluded from the base game.

Moveset wise, he seems pretty okay. He is like a Balrog(boxer) but "better". Ironically Balrog(boxer) in SF5 is already fucking beasting so Ed is better than past Balrog but worse than current Balrog.
>>
>>376602571
One of their updates litetally ibstalled a rootkit on pc, they removed it after one day.
>>
>>376601610
Tekken7 already has character DLC and season passes.

Golden boy my ass.
>>
>>376604420
He's not babys first streetfighter at all you fucking idiot.
He involves pianoing and negative edge. Thats infinitely harder than charge or DP motions.

You sound like one of the idiots who actually cannot pull off a shoryuken.
>>
>>376600558
Because it didn't respect women.
>>
I wish there weren't so many fucking frame traps in this game. I know I shouldn't be pressing buttons anyway, but if I go on defence even once I fucking lose.
>>
>>376604723
(you)
Since you have no idea what you are talking about or are using the lowest quality bait you can, here you go, here is a (you) just for you :)

Don't spend it all in one go now.
>>
>play Gief
>get hit
>lose

>play gief
>get a hit
>play 50/50 game twenty times in a row off knockdown and if I guess wrong once I get hit and lose

sweet game capcom
>>
>>376605014
This is the garbage level /v/ posts are at now.
>>
>>376605035
>play Gief
>get hit
>lose

You know, getting hit implies they are close enough to hit you which as a gief player means you win.

Unless they are projectile spamming.
>>
File: RMIKA.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
RMIKA.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>376600558
R Mika is best girl
>>
>>376600558
>Censored butts
>Terrible netcode
>Goddamn awful loading screens especially between very short sequences during the story mode
>DLC
>>
>>376600558
Someone post some good juri's.
>>
>>376605098
>You know, getting hit implies they are close enough to hit you which as a gief player means you win.

Every other character dominates Gief up close because they have hit confirms into vortex shit. Gief only has hit confirms into a long series of winning reads/guesses. Confirms up close > reads guesses up close.
>>
>>376604626
"Better" boy
>>
Is anyone playing the beta right now? Im gettign a missing executable error, should I redownload or is it happening to everyone?
>>
>>376605312
beta starts tomorrow 2am EU time.
>>
>>376603049
whats your name? i do know canadians are super good in 3s on fightcade, i hope you are not arczer or night or shinsetsu or jinrai
>>
Why is obtaining future DLC chara for free via in game currency bad when ArcSys fighters like Guilty Gear forces you to buy their next game to keep up with the playerbase and new charactetrs with older versions becoming obsolete?
>>
>>376605116
I just want some good R Mika porn man.
>>
>>376605420
there is not even an arguement there. Did you hit your head violently midway through posting?
>>
>>376605098
Projectiles are shit in SFV because capcom was catering to retards who couldn't deal with it.
>>
>>376605547
I agree with you.
>>
>>376605420
Its not bad. SFV sold like ten times more than any GG game, people dont care about that shit series.

GG players are an extremely vocal minority.
>>
>>376604626
Tekken 7 ships out with 35+ characters and an hilarious amount of content while Capcom's plan is to trickle down SFV content over the months and charge exhorbitant amounts for it.
>>
>>376605656
>posting this in a thread asking why SFV failed
>>
File: remy sad.png (86KB, 261x333px) Image search: [Google]
remy sad.png
86KB, 261x333px
>>376601932

Neutral in SF3 is god awful. Fireballs are weak and have immense recovery. They travel extremely slowly, almost as if to say 'please, parry me for no damage.' The only exception to this is Remy's sonic booms, but they're booms, so require a charge, and he has literally every other disadvantage in the game anyway, so it doesn't really count for much that his projectiles are a bit less shit than the rest.

The movement speed difference makes silly differences. So Dudley vs Chun gives Chun free reign to sit in a corner or triangle jump away, mashing buttons to build her meter, while Dudley's too fucking slow to catch her.

Characters with telegraphed, strong normals end up far weaker than those who can mash out jab jab jab strong combos. Remy's HP and HK do lots of damage, but are incredibly easy to parry, nullifying his supposed damage advantage completely, and leaving him with an extensive grab range and an extra-extra invincible flash kick as his only viable tools, which means shit in a world populated by Chunners, Kens, and Yuns.

It's just a terrible fucking game, man. Defensive shit mechanics make for shit gameplay. Capcom never went back to it for a reason, and there's more SFA3 being played than SF3 for a reason.
>>
>>376605381
Damn, really? They said it was the 11th so I just assumed it'd be ready to go now
>>
>>376605754
Namco was milking the asian playerbase with 3$ per game arcade credits while withholding the home release so that they can make more cash.
They are much more exploitative but nobody cares about that.

Those 35 characters have been paid for by the japanese and the koreans. You are essentially buying a two year old game at a discount and now you brag about it.

And they STILL sell you seasons passes. The full Tekken7 game costs 90$ at launch.
>>
If I've played a fuckton of airdash fighters and NRS games and loved SFA3 but couldn't get into any of the versions of SFIV is it worth picking up SFV for the 15ish dollars it is on G2A?
>>
>>376603364
I doubt since between season the gameplay didnt chabge at all, so expect every character being rushdown heavy or simply shit.
>>
>>376605839
SF at its absolutely worst is still much better and more popular than Guilty Gear.
GG is fucking insignificant.
>>
>>376605909
its the 11th but its the 11th america west coast prime time because their offices are in san francisco like the gays they are.
>>
File: rock deadly rave sprite.gif (107KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
rock deadly rave sprite.gif
107KB, 300x256px
>>376602398

Garou is legit a good game, but there's this huge bug that scrubs don't know about which breaks the whole game and renders two characters completely pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gRoJcRI-Jc

Behold.
>>
>>376604626
The thing with Tekken is that they did the exact same strategy that SFV did but with one key difference. Bamco released an unfinished product and milked the audience to finish it within asian arcades only. Capcom did that but to everybody.
>>
>>376605927
Yeah, everyone is asshurt about launch but it's good now
>>
I came to like this game more when I realized I was playing it wrong. It really is almost braindead. I just started learning how to be outputting constant hitboxes and now I floor people just by knowing how to autopilot out attacks and once something lands it's over. I literally barely mentally engage with the game, there's a tiny bit of decision making on neutral and if I get hit and have to do a defensive 50/50 decision, but outside of that there's no footsies or shimmyshimmyshakes and so on and so forth it's literally just put out hitboxes with as little intermittence and you'll perform to a moderate competitive level on almost zero thought.
>>
>>376605927
any fighter is worth it for 15$ to try out.
>>
>>376605914
God forbid Namco wanting to make money off their arcade machine, and you can't even begin to compare Tekken 7's launch content to SFVs.
>>
File: NoFunAllowed.gif (4MB, 402x226px) Image search: [Google]
NoFunAllowed.gif
4MB, 402x226px
>>376600558
It could always be worse
>>
File: 1494374178853.jpg (67KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1494374178853.jpg
67KB, 680x1020px
>>376605957
>more popular
sure
>much better
This is the 3rd worse Street Fighter game
>>
>>376601685
What's your rank may I ask?
Because you talk like you are a fucking casual and are enjoying SFV because it's the first time a fighting game has catered to casuals this hard.
Maybe, you know, just stop shitting up the genre and play minecraft.
>>
>>376606390
neat
>>
is there a /v/ discord group for people who play sfv?
usually met decent players on /vg/ for sf4
>>
>>376600558
>it's a moan about sfv then go play sfv thread
>>
>>376606336
>guys everything Capcom does is so evil
>its ok when namco exploits a whole region while neglecting other regions to make money though
get fucked.
Street Fighter V is not even two years old, Tekken 7 is.
By the time it actually ends up being two years old it will have as many characters as Tekken7 and you will be able to buy the core game and all the characters for less than 90$, which is what Namco is charging for Tekken now.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>376605887
I mostly agree with what you said, sf3 could be fucking awesome if it wasnt for the balance issues
>>
>>376606210
>>376606281
I'll give it a go then, gonna wait til a complete edition for Injustice 2 since it'll inevitably happen but I need something to distract me from impulse buying it
>>
My friend asked to play EX plus alpha over this.
>>
File: IMG_9461.jpg (74KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9461.jpg
74KB, 640x360px
>>376600558
Why isn't she real I would pay millions to have her thighs around my face
>>
>>376605420

Because ARC gives you a 7 hour animeme movie, 12 hours of voice actor interviews, interactive lobbies, and has actual voice talent for their characters. It also helps that everybody's got a gimmick, and some kind of superpower that makes them shine at certain things, so you don't end up with karate man #1, who can't do more than 3 hit combos, karate man #2, who relies on doing fat combos and kicks, karate man #3, who's a joke character, karate man #4, who's a demon that has better versions of all the regular karate man moves, but dies much faster, karate man #5, who can shoot fireballs into the air, karate man #6, who's actually a karate girl, that for some reason moves half as fast as the karate men, and karate man #7, who's also a girl, but dressed up as a sailor scout.

Arcsys also sticks religiously to established shit, and refuses to deviate because some scrub somewhere complains that so and so is too hard. Romans are too hard? More like they're not used as intended. So we get rid of the 2 frame FRCs, and now you get 3 types of RCs. One for neutral, one to extend combos, one for bailing your ass out of shit/advanced baiting. They're more dynamic, and shit players feel it's easier, when it just got a lot more difficult. Everybody wins.

I also like that the only true karate man in GG is a DLC old man mecha robot suit piloted by a korean loli with huge headphones. The only thing you actually have to pay for, DLC wise, is Dizzy. Kum's shit, and raven's available for fight money.

Also really helps that the music, the graphics, the designs, the fight engine, the netcode, and even the little details like Ky's hair coming undone when he gets tripped too many times are just fucking top notch.
>>
File: 015.png (428KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
015.png
428KB, 500x500px
>>376602181
can wait he looks so cool.
>>
File: fuck am i doing here.jpg (222KB, 850x1087px) Image search: [Google]
fuck am i doing here.jpg
222KB, 850x1087px
>>376605927

For 15, sure. More than that, no. Better to save it for GG Rev 2, or tekken 7.

>mfw Akuma is in SF5.
>mfw he looks like shit.
>mfw voiced by the new guy.
>mfw Akuma is in tekken 7.
>mfw he looks like Akuma.
>mfw he's voiced by the OG Akuma voice actor.

How did it come to this?
>>
>fighting game thread devolves into "missing" 3S/Garou/VF/+R by people who pretend to have played them seriously
As expected
>>
>>376606907
Capcom released an early access title at full price but I guess I'll see after its done in two years and paid the copious amounts of DLC, of course.
>>
>>376602618
Agreed
>>
File: fighting game lore.png (4KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
fighting game lore.png
4KB, 320x240px
>>376607827

No one's mentioned VF. It's literally such a dead franchise it can't even get a single shitpost in its defense on /v.
>>
File: C7YRoKyWkAA4mFW.jpg (117KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C7YRoKyWkAA4mFW.jpg
117KB, 1000x1000px
>>376607830
Wow posters here really get fucking dumber by the minute.
Tekken7 was released two years ago as an early access title charging you 8$ for two hours of play.

But thats perfectly fine because they actually delayed it and didnt release it overseas at the time?

Nobody is making you buy SFV shit right now. You can wait for two years if you like. With Tekken7 we didnt have that choice. We were forced to wait.

And fucktards like you defend this.

>>376607827
pic related
>>
>>376608345

I'll play you at SFA3 if you can demonstrate that you possess at least the basics.

For instance, if you claim that Charlie's your main, you must know all that's demonstrated in the following video, or you're a waste of fucking time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKWuLlOgAS8
>>
>>376607830
>Tekken7 was released two years ago as an early access title charging you 8$ for two hours of play.

?????
>>
File: 1491776741156.png (136KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
1491776741156.png
136KB, 500x477px
>>376608345
It's missing Samurai Showdown

What fighting games this gen had an actual "complete" release on launch? Does Kof 14 count or no
>>
>>376608463
You're so retarded that you dont even know how to quote anymore.

The game was released in 2015. In arcades. There they charged 1$ per play and 8$ for two hours.
Its a gigantic ripoff, but its ok in the eyes of retards like you because you dont know about it.
>>
>>376601638
>Zangief players still complaining
>When he's top 5 and getting buffed

can't make this shit up
>>
>>376600558
There was a time when literally neutral jumping was op and would punish toooo much shit... this didnt really help, neither did the inputlag, missing fan favorite characters, only slowly releasing new characters, no single player mode (probably the biggest...yeah laugh morons but MK story mode raised the bar for normies)
>>
File: deadly alliance.jpg (165KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadly alliance.jpg
165KB, 864x1080px
>>376608852
MK story mode was fun.
>>
>>376608463
It was only in arcades for the last 2 years and only in some parts of the USA and most of Asia. And a play in Japan was something around 1.25-2.00 dollars.
>>
File: 1378059402683.jpg (81KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1378059402683.jpg
81KB, 350x350px
>>376608736
>top 5
>top 10
>top 15
>Gief

What are you some sort of Ironshitter who got lit up by a random Gief online?
>>
>>376606785
everyone who played games on fgg fled into discord

we have a few sfv players but idk how active they are because I don't play sfv or pay attention to that channel
>>
>>376608736
Since whe? What makes him a top 5?
>>
>>376600558
Bad gameplay and shitty boring characters combined with a shitty netcode and forced hype
>>
>>376608852
>only slowly releasing new characters
no fighting game releases characters this quickly.

neutral jumping was also never broken what the fuck
>>
>>376600558
Mediocre gameplay and non-meme characters combined with a meme netcode and artifical hype.
>>
>>376609195

Mostly his stupidly broken oki game.

The Japanese think he's easily one of the best in the game.
>>
>>376609195
Since season 2. He has stupid oki now and his lariat is legit again.
Only thing that stops gief right now is his few bad matchups.
>>
>>376608667
>baaw how dares bamco make bank with their game you meanie poopheads
>>
File: v.png (51KB, 430x176px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
51KB, 430x176px
>>376600558
because they were appealing to people who don't play fighting games
>>
File: 1489523282689.jpg (64KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489523282689.jpg
64KB, 657x527px
>>376609378
>shitposts got this bad and low effort
>>
File: SFVEd[1].jpg (63KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
SFVEd[1].jpg
63KB, 400x540px
Beta will be up in 12 hours.
Will you play it?
>>
How come the CFN beta is only 100mb this time?
>>
>>376609502

Yes, because I want to learn Ed.
>>
File: 1461170424872.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1461170424872.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>376603147
there is nowhere on the entire internet less fitting to exert unwarranted self-importance than 4chan. it's like a rat calling another rat gross for eating a slightly moldier piece of garbage
>>
>>376609502
Yeah. Wanna get a taste of that buffed Birdie cr.mp, also wanna see if Ed can deal with Guile and Dhalsim.
If his chain is fast enough to grab their asses then I'll sub him.
>>
File: 1463673192531.png (146KB, 422x493px) Image search: [Google]
1463673192531.png
146KB, 422x493px
>>376600558
can't wait to see this exact same thread when MVC Infinite comes out, but with a picture of morrigan or something instead.
>>
>>376609414
>not an argument
>>
File: implying dangerous implications.jpg (130KB, 581x546px) Image search: [Google]
implying dangerous implications.jpg
130KB, 581x546px
>>376609351

>few.
>>
>>376609351
>>376609343
>Mostly his stupidly broken oki game.

Not sure if i saw much difference besides his lariat htting crouched opponents on the first hit. Than again i Don't play Gief that much. What chabged to make his okizeme scary in any way?
>>
>>376602181
I believe he will be very hard for newbies to handle, all of his specials involve "investment". If the player mashes at all, he will be very fucked. If the player isn't very good at hit confirming, they're going to leave themselves wide open after any special.

Few of Ed's moves look safe on block, using any specials cold will be seen coming from a mile away compared to a motion input character. Probably the only thing of his that will be safe on block is the a full hold Psycho Knuckle at the edge of its range. Given the air juggle style of several of his combos in the reveal video, even his combos may end up being difficult to pull off, discouraging mashing.

His description as a "soft zoner" makes sense with very strong air game and mid range attacks. He'll probably be very reliant on V-Trigger to apply any significant pressure at all. Depending on how may bars he has, he may be commonly pulling off two or more in a single round.
His command grab VSkill looks like it may be too slow to be used as AA on reaction.

Idiots will see the lack of motion inputs and think he's a "made for beginners" character.
If there's one thing he'll be "easy" for, it's use with a keyboard.
Like his outfit, his tiny hat is dumb.
>>
File: 1370641781645.jpg (81KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
1370641781645.jpg
81KB, 259x383px
>>376609538
What is it with this board and retarded analogies?
>>
>>376600558
it didn't highest views and numbers in the fgc...oh also on tbs.
>>
>>376609276
Quick releasing characters doesnt mean shit when the game already starts out missing several fan favorites like ehonda or balrog.
neutral jumping was fucking broken sorry it really was you had jump kick beat actual anti airs no matter the angle.
>>
>>376609502
Not after the mess that was the last beta. No training mode means nothing to do while fight request searches meaning everyone's in lobbies and nobody in ranked and casual.
>>
>>376609739
Yeah few, you fucking shitter. Only Guile, Dhalsim and Rashit are a proper problem for him.

>>376609759
things like ex grab leave him closer to the opponent now.
>>
>>376609759

>What chabged to make his okizeme scary in any way?

He can option select a bunch of shit on oki so your opponent has like a 1 in 3 chance of not eating a shit ton of damage and ending up back in an oki situation again. It's a really obnoxious vortex.
>>
>>376609815
>neutral jumping was fucking broken
the fuck are you talking about? they literally havent changed anything about neutral jumps either.

also
>honda
>fan favorite
lmao
>>
>>376602181
kinda neat
probably not going to be remembered, but still not bad
>>
>>376609959

Gief also has the added benefit of shitting all over Rog and given that Rog is probably the best character in the game, and the most overused at the higher levels, that's a pretty sizeable advantage.
>>
>>376600872
I only care about competitive multiplayer and I still don't like the game.

The problem with SF5 is that Capcom failed to achieve any of the goals they set for it. It's a game for nobody.
>>
>>376610106
Gief shits on most of the characters that people dislike right now.
He has the advantage against Laura and Mika.
>>
>>376610106
Balrog doesn't have the advantage, but it's closer than it should be due to how braindead Balrog is in general due to his damage as well as how strong 2-button TAP is because of it being throw-immune.

Everything about S2 Balrog is a mistake.
>>
>>376608345
>people liking 2nd impact
>people even pretending to like 2nd impact

is this a new thing?
>>
File: Rape.jpg (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rape.jpg
526KB, 1920x1080px
>>376602181
>Literally everything i have ever wanted in a character
You tell me.
>>
>>376610304
Rog just has a generally shitty time because gief can flex his dash punches and eat him alive. Having higher healtlh also helps with dealing with his garbage retard trigger.

Its obviously not unwinnable for Balrog, but tougher.

>>376610338
I think he just picked a random SF3 image, because I dont believe that this is a thing either.

2i has the better soundtrack though.
>>
>>376602181
Why does he dress like that? Is he gay?

Bison wears his little uniform because he's in a paramilitary organization. Ed is just some guy.
>>
>>376610338

People don't like 2i? Aside from the glitches, it's a good game.
>>
File: karinswimsuit.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
karinswimsuit.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>376600749
You have a top taste and you don't even know why?
>>
File: crumbMika.jpg (106KB, 450x599px) Image search: [Google]
crumbMika.jpg
106KB, 450x599px
>>376600558

Cause the waifus are ugly and boring. And the game is too simple.
>>
So basically, Capcom tried to release SF5, then sell us SFV Ultimate, and SFV Last Round in DLC?
Tecmo burned us bad enough with this crap, we aren't about to do it again.
>>
>>376609794
After you've been through these arguments ten billion times you have to try and mix up your analogies. not that the one i used was inaccurate, regardless
>>
File: 1407450903868.jpg (6KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1407450903868.jpg
6KB, 250x190px
>>376605014
>Gets destroyed
>Damage control emoji
Literal facebook teir mentally challenged
>>
>>376605014
No, he's absolutely right, you're the retarded one
>>
>>376608095
>like vf
>can't ever talk about it because of the SO DEEP AND TECHNICAL morons

rotten
>>
>>376610613
What do you smell like?
>>
>>376606051
Its a shame too cause Tizoc is the grappler I consider the most fun to play with
>>
>>376600971
>Hmm OP maybe regular people don't respond well to a new game coming out with less content than the previous games
but switch has less features than a wii u and normalfags are defending it to the death

it's not about having a fair amount of content, it's about marketing. the only thing a product needs to sell even if it's literally dogshit in a box, is good marketing, and timing i guess.

people look to marketing WANTING to be sold to. gamers especially, our money is practically straining to break free of our wallets and go towards all these shiny games and merchandise. but if the marketing fucks up or can't successfully distract people from what a nothing-product it actually is, it'll flop.

capcom went overboard and put a beta of the game into the spotlight, a full year before the game even felt close to finished.
>>
>yfw the only reason Choi isn't doing his 19 year old routine autopilot Sagat game is because there's no Sagat in SF5.
>>
>>376601147
Why would /b/ defend Street Fighter?
>>
>>376600982
killer instinct managed some relative success with that model, iirc they let you play the game free as your preferred main and you don't have to buy the rest at all.
>>
I just went back to playing previous iterations with my friends. It's not like I'm being forced to move on because I'm competing in the Pro Tour or something. I can play whatever game I like best.

I wish steam would accept "I hate this shit" for refunds past the time limit though.
>>
>>376611862
Yeah but having different characters be different prices is pretty horseshit.
>>
>>376611939
seperate characters are generally a shit deal with that model and only worth it for people who want that specific character only and nothing else.

for most others its better to buy the character bundles.
>>
>>376606907
How much is SFV now with all the DLC and the game is not even complete?
>>
>>376612075
You can get the core game at like 15$ and the seasons passes for like 40$ together.
I've seen core game+S1 for 20$.

Game is pretty damn complete at this point too.
>>
>>376602181

I've warmed up to it, Capcom actually experimented quite a bit with Ed's moveset and even shit like his theme song have legible vocals.

The age boost just reeks of copy and pasting Ryu's body again but that's my only serios complaint.
>>
He said that pressing abutton twice is harder than down, downforward, forward and punch.

Lets see how many retards agreed with that statement?

>>376610624
>>376610647
>>376605056

Only 3? Not bad /v/ not bad at all. And 2 of those are probably samefagging.

I enjoy /v/ pre-summer.
>>
>>376611452
>but switch has less features than a wii u and normalfags are defending it to the death
Huge difference between a console and a game.

Besides, what features are not on the swtich that were worth keeping from the wii U?
>>
>>376611780
Because they are motherfuckers anon, you know that.
>>
>>376612228
Yea and holding a direction, moving the stick the opposite way and pressing a button is MUCH easier then regular commands everytime and has no constraints bound to it at all.

Fucking A+ skippy, don't you have an Injustice thread to be in?
>>
>>376613060
still arguing that pushing a button twice is hard.
Don't you have a smash thread to be in?
>>
>>376606098
Then how come Namco made bank with T7 and SFV is a flop?
>>
>>376613407
No you're just too retarded to get the point.
But that's fine, everyone learns at their own autism pace son.
>>
>>376600558
utterly disgusting character design and art pandering to roided gorilla fetishists
It was already too much with SFIV but those mentally ill Japs with their degenerate sex fetishes went and uped it up to full retard mode.
>>
File: 1479769388162.jpg (39KB, 389x361px) Image search: [Google]
1479769388162.jpg
39KB, 389x361px
>Beta starts 1am standart GMT here in EU
>It's gonna be 2am here before i can play my real main
One fucking job capcom
>>
>>376614363
>Implying that Capcom would do anything competent ever
>>
>>376610772
Your mum's mangy minge juice.
>>
File: 1473732330652.jpg (24KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1473732330652.jpg
24KB, 401x401px
>/v/ trying to talk about fighting games
>>
>>376614738
Thanks for the free filter.
>>
File: 1488893427141.jpg (57KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
1488893427141.jpg
57KB, 600x673px
>>376614868
how will I EVER recover....
>>
>>376613593
holy shit, thats not how autism works!
You can't make this shit up xDDDD
>>
>>376605471

you aint the only one
>>
>>376609645
Anon, are you me?
>fell in love with Birdie during 2015's October Beta
>been maiming Dudley since III
>Ed looks like Dudley with psycho powers
Could be fun. I loved Kolin but wasn't feeling her damage output so I didn't invest as much as I wanted to.
>>
File: C_L29FSU0AAp30c.jpg (305KB, 1748x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C_L29FSU0AAp30c.jpg
305KB, 1748x2048px
>>376609502
Hell yeah

Let's fucking go
>>
>>376610476
He's called the Young Commander, so he's likely in Shadaloo still.
>>
>>376614972
go back
>>
File: 1493229590636.jpg (39KB, 241x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493229590636.jpg
39KB, 241x225px
>>376600558
>No arcade mode.
>FANG.
>No Saggat.
>Shit Netcode.
>Installed a rootkit on PCs.
>20 dollar dlc to support fat diabetics at tournies no one cares about.
>They fucked up Juri's theme.
>Every new costume is for Chun li.
>Ken's face.
>Necali was meant to be a big bad threat but Ryu defeated him by simply ignoring him.
>Censored a harmless ass slap.
>Baby's first combos.
>CPU cheats in survival mode.
>Overpriced DLC is never out on time.
>Ed.
I have no idea why it failed Anon its a mystery.
>>
>>376600558
Overly casual
Shitty artstyle and models
Next to no content at launch (with shit still missing to this day)
No characters that people actually wanted, which turns off people who main certain characters (especially veteran characters who should be in every game as the starting roster)
Micro transaction bullshit
Lack of Supers and Ultras
No arcade mode
No vs CPU
and in my own opinion, it's just really not that fun, which is kind of a huge deal with video games, believe it or not
I'm probably missing a thing or two, but that's just off the top of my head
>>
>>376600558
Because people are still talking about it and playing it one year later.
>>
File: marvel_vs_capcom_2_heroes.png (524KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
marvel_vs_capcom_2_heroes.png
524KB, 640x480px
Capcom still doesn't understand that people buy fighting games for content and not how easy it is to play.
>>
>>376616076
>They fucked up Juri's theme and costume
Fixed. Please bring back her old design, enough of poor-men's catwoman which is only bait for latex feticists.
>>
>>376618148
This. A bunch of robots who play only training stage with no music could never understand thst fighting games (pretty much like real life pro fighters) trades on investing yourself into interesting characters.
>>
For some reason they rushed it out for the Capcom Pro Tour season (probably because of Sony), when really it should've launched in September last year.

Then aside from lowering the input delay, they haven't done anything that would help public perception of the game, and even did things that were clearly detrimental to the game (like the majority of S2's changes, and the rootkit fiasco). Then there's a huge list of things that have needed fixing since the beta, but still aren't in the game, or stuff they promised but haven't delivered.
>>
Designed from the ground up for eSports.
>>
>>376610624
>emoji
It's a smiley face you fucking newfag.
>>
>>376600558

Shit artstyle
Shit launch
Half-shit roster

It has no flair and even if it is a decent game I never got the urge to buy it like I did with SF IV.

And no, all the females having THICCC models doesn't makes it have good character design.
>>
>>376600558
I hate her design.
>>
File: MvCI.png (613KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
MvCI.png
613KB, 640x482px
>>376618148
It's depressing looking at this roster now. I left all the SF characters in, but I doubt we'll get more than 4 total.
>>
>>376609378
The point the anon was trying to make was that Bamco and Capcom did the same sort of release strategy, only difference being that Bamco restricted their unfinished game to asian arcades whereas Capcom didn't. That doesn't mean Capcom should be forgiven (far from it even) but rather that Tekken shouldn't be held as some sorta gold standard here, it's hypocritical.
>>
>>376600558
Women are too objectified.
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.