[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never played bioshock - He's The Hero, Right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Andrew_Ryan.png (594KB, 485x905px) Image search: [Google]
Andrew_Ryan.png
594KB, 485x905px
I never played bioshock - He's The Hero, Right?
>>
>>376599128

He tried really hard to be the hero and trust the people around him to live according to his ideals, but in a knee-jerk reaction he went too far and kind of fucked himself and everyone else out of having a good life just by creating Rapture in the first place and expecting everything to be okay.

He also had no way of knowing that Adam would have such disastrous side effects.
>>
yup

i played thru it this past week

basically you play a guy who is a sleeper agent by andrews nemisis. your a pawn.

also comstock didnt dew nuttin wrong
just wanted races to be with their own kind.
>>
He's the guy who wanted to institute the equivalent of Ayn Rand's objectivist wet dream of his own creation, but when things didn't go his way, completely abandoned that principle, yet still acted like a smug asshole.
>>
>>376600090
>being this upset about a fictional character
Do you know how I know you're a leftist?
>>
>>376600237
Because I talked negatively about objectivism? I mean, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
>>
>>376599128
His city was ruined and he was killed by the very pieces of shit he tried hard to get away from. So yes he is the tragic hero, the bald fat fuck and the communist bitch are the real villians.
>>
File: 1490382283123.jpg (39KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
1490382283123.jpg
39KB, 640x623px
He created a society where commies are unwelcome, of course he's the hero.
His only fault was not putting in an NAP.
>>
He was done in by his autism.
>>
>>376600090
>equivalent of Ayn Rand's wetdream
>Where they will break NAP because they feel like it with no repercussions
>Where there are free speech laws against stuff like religion
>Where security is maintained horribly and never protects people who are being attacked
Bullshit. Ken Levine is just horrible at writing and couldn't figure out how to write the failure of an actual objectivist / ancap society, which would just be someone essentially creating a new government of either monarchy, fascist, communist, or possibly (though unlikely, since republics are usually created by the people not by individuals) a republic.
>>
>>376599128
He tried to live by his ideals, but in the end relised they were flawed.
This broke him as a person, as he became the very idea he wanted to fight against, that there has to be a government and regulation of experimental science and taxes to fund public serves like police etc.
In the end, seeing his own son that had been taken away from him brainwashed into killing him made him give up.
In his last act of defiance, he choose to die by his own terms, his own words, while telling you that you were being controlled.
Hes a very well written character imo, a man who tried to make his dream society but failed while trying his very best to make things right.
>>
File: indefx.jpg (6KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
indefx.jpg
6KB, 192x192px
Yes. Andrew ryan is the hero. Fontaine was the real villain all along. Fuck this guy.
It's fontaine who destroyed rapture. But i know that Andrew was dumb... WHO THE FUCK GIVE POWER (LITERAL SUPERPOWER) TO A POPULATION? I GET GIVING POWER TO A FEW ELITE, BUT WHY EVERYONE? IMAGINE IF WE ALL HAD SUPERPOWER! OF COURSE RAPTURE WOULD FALL!

He was a genius and a dumbass. Also, why didn't he sent back the construction workers back to the US once Rapture had been finished? That was asking for a "Poor class" there for Fontaine to influence. Also, why didnt he just exiled Fontaine?

and bioshock infinite.. i havent played it yet, still on Bioshock 1 for the moment (i'm in hephaistos) but i've already seen that it was heavily downgraded..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJYTeQlvC4

but boy, even downgraded, it LOOK AMAZING AS FUCK !
>>
>>376599128
he betrayed his conviction in the free market by using the authority of a police state to control what could and couldn't be bought
his fear of the collapse of rapture from too many surfacers finding out about led to the collapse of rapture

he made the same critical mistakes all objectivists do
1) assume that as an objectivits all his decisions are wholly rational and logical despite all evidence to the contrary
2) fail to account for human psychology when cooking up his master plan, just assuming everyone participating will act wholly rational and without emotional bias
>>
>>376601150
Because word would get out that there exists a city in the bottom of the sea. Poor peoples lips are pretty loose. And being evicted from a very lavish city tbat you've built outta cause some very unhappy and talkative poor workers.
>>
>>376599128
yes hes against fucking commies and thieving states
TAX IS THEFT!
>>
>>376601265
Why not just shoot all of them or something then
>>
>>376601774
>trying to kill hundreds of poor people when your security force is greatly outnumbered
Granted they could just collapse the buildings the poor people are in but still Raptures security would be overwhelmed if they did it the not smart way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.