[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Telltale Games thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Telltale_Games_logo.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Telltale_Games_logo.png
22KB, 400x400px
What's their best game? Just finished Tales from the Borderlands and it was unironcally one of the five best experiences I ever had in gaming and I'd like to play more from them now.
>>
Walking dead s1's great too. I started the wolf among us and I got tired of if after a while, but maybe that's just me. I'm assuming the other WD seasons are worth playing, though don't reach the heights of S1. Walking dead s1 and tales of the borderland to seem to be the most favoured
>>
>>376597816
Don't listen to this guy.

Even people that mostly hate TTG usually admit that The Wolf Among Us is their best game. It helped get my wife into vidya. You should absolutely play Wolf Among Us next.

Game of Thrones is okay, but (spoiler) just like the show, none of your choices matter and everyone gets betrayed and murdered. Play it if you enjoy the setting but don't expect a masterpiece.

Walking Dead starts very strong and slowly tapers off. The main benefit to TWD is that it's their only series to get all the way up to Season 3 (+2 different spin-off mini-stories) so there's A LOT to see and do.

You might also enjoy the non-TTG game Life Is Strange. Yes, yes, it often sounds like an adult man trying to write dialogue for teenage girls, but the characters are fun, the setting is well-realized, and it has a neat gameplay hook instead of constant QTE's.
>>
>>376597816
>>376599121
Ok, I'll probably go for whichever one is on sale next, will get both though if I like the next one.
>>
>this fucking thread

Everything they made after Sam & Max s3 is fucking garbage
>>
>>376600026
>I grew up playing Sam & Max, but haven't played any of telltales later games.
>>
>>376600418
I played them because I was a fan of the studio. Sorry, having no actual gameplay with no actual choices isn't a "game". It's incredibly unsatisfying awkward storytelling.

Oh wow, my choices give me... a statistic at the end of the game of how many other people did the same thing. Player empowerment!
>>
The Wolf Among Us.
Easily.
>>
>>376599121
Life is Strange took a really fucking dark turn. I mean it could have been a fun time travel story about stopping a disaster without having the spoopy murder/rape subplot.
>>
>>376599739
Life is Strange is great, even though it's not telltale and kind of goes bananas in the end.

Game of Thrones is alright, but probably the title where your choices matter the least, with an exception of one of the later episodes ending.

Tales from the borderlands is great.

TWD is great too, but kind of loses momentum every season.

Minecraft: Story Mode is a moneygrab directed at children.

Wolf among us is fucking great.

I have yet to play Guardians.
>>
How is Guardians of the Galaxy? I think the reason I liked Borderlands was because it was just dumb fun. TTG trying to into drama just isn't a fun experience. I'm hoping GotG is more in line with what made Borderlands fun.
>>
>>376600557
Yes, but the villain is the fucking greatest.

[spoilers]DAVID, KICK THE TABLE[/spoilers]
>>
Aren't the "tales from" games just movies?
>>
>>376600520
this, i can't wait for season 2
>>
Have you only ever played 5 games?
>>
File: 1493397667391.png (1MB, 786x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1493397667391.png
1MB, 786x1019px
>>
>>376597305
Tales from the Borderlands is by far their best game, and is unironically the best Borderlands game.

Wolf Among Us is good but suffers greatly from obvious rewrites and MUH CHOICES

Walking Dead season 1 is good
Walking Dead season 2 is trash
Walking Dead season 3 is slightly better trash

Back to the Future is fantastic

Game of Thrones is utter fucking sewage and not only is it the worst Telltale game it's a fucking atrocious game in general
>>
>>376599121
>>376600557
>>376600596
Life is Strange is fucking retarded with awful writing and a time-travel mechanic which constantly breaks its own fucking rules
>>
Batman is really fucking good
>>
Sam & Max S1 > Sam & Max S3 > Sam & Max S2

The rest of their shit is boring. Sam & Max comedy falls flat a lot, don't get me wrong, but it has actual puzzles and adventure gameplay. The later TellTale games are utter shit with zero user thought.
>>
>>376604142
Back To The Future is a great balance IMO
>>
>>376600596
>Dude, your time-travelling caused natural disasters and a typhoon
nice main plot
>>
>>376604330
>Dude, your time travelling caused natural disasters and a typhoon because Chloe was meant to die and chaos theory!
>oh but stopping Chloe's dad from dying did literally nothing and the disasters and typhoon are still showing up like 10 years later
>>
File: 1494339337662.png (282KB, 451x417px) Image search: [Google]
1494339337662.png
282KB, 451x417px
>ctrl + f
>Puzzle Agent
>nothing

Peasants.
>>
>>376597305
Tales from the borderlands is the best telltale's game and I loved it. I can't even remember last time a game made me laugh.
>>
Have you perhaps played only 5 video games?
>>
>>376600680

Table kick makes me laugh every time
>>
>>376599121
>life is strange
>the characters are fun, the setting is well-realized, and it has a neat gameplay hook instead of constant QTE's.
LOL
LiS literally has the most UNLIKABLE cast of characters I have ever seen in a game until it got to the point where I found myself cheering on the teacher because he was the only likable character
>the setting is well-realized
Generic northwestern town school
>neat gameplay hook
>gameplay
If you consider walking around for hours and then press the rewind button to win occasionally to be gameplay
Time travel is moderately entertaining for the first few times then gets boring
>>
I want Poker Night 3 with Kenny.
>>
>>376603657
no, I play 2-3 games different every month
I just liked the story and the characters, it did a better job in keeping me interested than the gameplay of most other games (and most movies in general as well)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.