[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The graphics are customisable" - 10/10 Video Game Marketing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

File: custom_resolution.jpg (116KB, 854x477px) Image search: [Google]
custom_resolution.jpg
116KB, 854x477px
Why are PC games advertised as "60 FPS Gameplay" and "Unlockable framerate" when that's pretty much 99% of all games on PC.

Not everyone knows how amazing Vanquish's gameplay is, so why not focus more on that with the marketing other than "It runs well" and "Customisable graphics"?
>>
>>376596015
To advertise how they actually did something and made a good port so the game is not hindered by limitations of the hardware it was designed for at the beginning.
>>
>>376596173
FPBP

/thread
>>
First part of it is that nobody is going to care about the Vanquish PC port except for people who wanted it in 60/144FPS. The second part is that advertising about the unlocked resolution and framerate was only four words buried in the rest of an action packed teaser trailer. If you only focused on that, then you only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>376596015
>Not everyone knows how amazing Vanquish's gameplay is, so why not focus more on that with the marketing other than "It runs well" and "Customisable graphics"?

did you not see the trailer? it's got a shitload of gameplay footage. it's just that it's also a rerelease of a game that wouldn't run as well on the original hardware.
>>
>>376596015
>>376596293
The real reason for this type of marketing is that PC gamers aren't fucking retards like console gamers and know how to look into games. If they want to watch the original trailers they can and will. The trailer lets them know what they can't find out otherwise, given that the console version ran horribly.

This lets everyone know what couldn't be researched and it also panders to the PCMR crowd by getting them hyped for the special treatment. And given that it's a niche game they know the majority of buyers already played it on console.
>>
>>376596015
After the Dark Souls blunder they realized you CAN actually fail to include those.
>>
>>376596015
PC master autismos only care about MUH GRAFIX and framerate. they're the only ones that are dumb enough to buy a PS3 game that everyone beat 10 years ago for $20.
>>
>>376596015
Because it's a port you fucking idiots
>>
thanks for beta testing
xoxo
>>
>>376596439
>>376596293
These pretty much. People who are excited about this port most likely have already played it or seen it being played beforehand. What they want to know is whether it'll be a good port or not and being told, straight up, whether it has unlocked resolutions and frame rate is one way of doing that. These things matter to the PC crowd and putting them into the trailer of an 8 year old port is a good idea.
>>
>>376596551
Everyone but them, and they get it cheaper and better.
Nobody cares when you beat it.
Except maybe MUH LIMITED EXCLUSIVES plebs.
>>
>>376596015
Because Vanquish ran like ass. It was one of the complaints from way back iirc

They want fans to know that it no longer runs like ass, so yeah 10/10 marketing
>>
>>376596643
you're still buying sloppy seconds from 10 years ago for $20. it's literally a cashgrab, and you're falling for it like the dumb cuck you are. I don't own any consoles past my PS3, and I play on PC only nowadays but im not so much of a cuck to buy a 10 year old PS3 game ported over for retarded Steambronies lmao.
>>
File: download.png (8KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 231x218px
Are PC gamers really excited for this game? I'm not really sure how an unlocked framerate would make this game less dull. Bring something like Anarchy Reigns to Steam. At least so the multiplayer can see some life again.
>>
>>376596015
Because if it didn't say so, retards like you would be ready at the gate with pitchforks
>>
>>376596736
We'll just pirate it then.
>>
Because it's a re-release and 60fps/4K are the main new features? Have you never seen a trailer for a remaster before? There's plenty on consoles to compare with.
>>
>>376596770
>Bayonetta is brought to Steam
>Vanquish is brought to Steam
>Certainly Platinum will not bring Anarchy Reigns to Steam

Inb4 is f2p
>>
>>376596709
>It was one of the complaints from way back iirc
Those threads gave me cancer.

>post that the frame rate is terrible and analog sucks
>console sperglords slip their shit at me and say it's silky smooth 60fps and that the game(A SHOOTER) is meant to be played with a controller
>also "NEVER EVER"

They weren't even being ironic. Those were dark days and I remember them well because I've wanted to finish this game ever since back then but decided to wait for the port.

>>376596830
Unlocked. 4k 60fps is small time my man.
>>
>>376596801
yeah, thats what you should be doing. the dumbfuck Steam kiddies will buy it though, because they think they're "sticking it to the console players" or something. it's autism.
>>
>>376596551
and you're a cutting edge gamer huh? only playing the latest games, on the latest gadgets, cause damn dude, what else is gaming about other than being first in every line to consume the latest interactive cinematic storytelling experience?!?
>>
>>376596875
Anarchy Reigns being F2P would actually be a good thing
>>
>>376596015
>why not focus more on that with the marketing other than "It runs well"
Vanquish was notable for being a PG title stuck at a 30fps cap, everyone who wanted a PC port mainly did it to see the framerate unlocked. Besides, the trailer footage speaks for itself more than putting text saying "AMAZING GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE" or whatever the shit you want.
>>
File: Shinji Mikami.png (104KB, 450x262px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji Mikami.png
104KB, 450x262px
>>376596015
>tfw a game you love is reduced into ammo for console vs pc faggots
>>
>>376596942
It's honestly disheartening that there are a shitload of people who honestly play games this way, who honestly believes a game becomes shit and not worth playing the longer it's been released.
>>
>>376596942
no, you autistic monkey from reddit, I just don't pay for 10 year old cashgrabs aimed at reddit PC master race retards. you know, the ones that take the "thanks for le beta testing xDD" shit seriously?
>>
>>376596015
Played the demo. I saw nothing special about this game. It is way overrated by you neckbeards.
>>
>>376596958
Not if it's filled with microtransactions

Although I guess it guarantees players
>>
>>376596439
i finished the console version on the hardest setting and back then i didn't have any hardware problems on the 360? maybe i was just young back then and didn't pay attention
>>
>>376597068
t. got a high cover rate
>>
>>376597119
Ran worse on PS3 which is what I tried it on. Also in general for me a 30fps fast paced shooter with an analog stick is simply unplayable. I can handle Uncharted but Vanquish was just annoying.

Shooting with a controller in GTA games is bad enough.
>>
>>376596891
It was a similar time anon. Granted some shooters did run relatively well on consoles back then, but this was not one of those.
>>
>>376597178
>Ran worse on PS3 which is what I tried it on.
Ran fine with fast loading times for me.
>>
>>376596015
>Why are PC games advertised as
They're not. Ports of old games are though to highlight the improvements.

This isn't hard to understand. This is really basic stuff to anyone with basic literacy skills.
>>
>>376596439
>Not fucking retards
>The same people who kept Day Z, GTAV, a bunch of early access trash and now Battlegrounds at the top of Steam sales for months
Don't forget to tip your trillby on the way out you massive fucking faggot
>>
>>376597119
there is no problem on either of the consoles it was released on, the game runs well. I remember when some aspies on /v/ were crying about the console versions of MGR running poorly when they were in 60fps and they didn't even know.
>>
>>376596736
>cashgrab
>sloppy seconds
So a better version in every way is a cashgrab?
This is like saying "Woah I watched this movie in VHS, enjoy my scraps watching it in 4k bluray."
Fucking retards I swear to god
>>
>>376596551
yes of course you revisionist piece of shit.
lets forget the literal years that people argued about which console had the best grass in gta v and the constant uncharted and hzd threads talking about nothing but graphics.
>>
>>376597224
>with fast loading times
THEY'RE BACK.
>>
>>376597072
Fill it with cosmetics and double exp items and stuff like that, Anarchy Reigns needs a pull if it's too sustain players.
>>
>>376596173
fpbp
>>
>>376597260
>stop liking things I don't like reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't even like those games champ.
>>
>>376597007
bayonetta was far worse here, literally constant never ever it was an april fools joke its really a switch port threads from people who didnt even realize the countdown site originated from the 8bit bayo game they put on steam. its still amazes me how serious platform war shitposters take themselves.
>>
>>376597041
its a well regarded game being given an official, and seemingly very well done, preservation treatment, something that very few console games from the 2000's get. And it is very reasonably priced compared to most past gen remasters. That's something worth supporting.
>>
>>376596293
>nobody is going to care about the Vanquish PC port except for people who wanted it in 60/144FPS
So everyone then. After I saw the trailer I played a bit on my PS3 and the frame rate was just as bad as I remembered it.
It's not Bayonetta bad, but it's a shame they took so long to get to PC. Maybe 360 was different but on PS3 the games run like ass.
>>
>>376596562
So all PC ports don't need any advertising about the gameplay/story, but only about how "It's on PC!" and "It runs well!".

Imagine if Superman 64 got a PC port and the trailer was all:
"60 FPS gameplay"
"Unlocked resolution"

Is that enough to sell a game like Superman 64?
>>
>>376597805
this salt
>>
>>376597921
you seem to have mistaken this thread for twitch chat
>>
>>376597805
I agree the trailer should have some story bits in it but the footage more than explains exactly what the gameplay is like and I think just showing the shooting off is better exposition.
>>
>>376596015
If you played or have played Dark Souls(1) on PC you'll know why Jap devs tout this shit, DS was genuinely the worst PC port I've ever played.
>>
>>376597805
Everyone already knows what the game is about you retarded fuck
>>
>>376597805
Technically yeah since this is a trailer for the port. The regular trailers of the base game still exist on youtube so you can get what you need there. I honestly don't understand what your gripe is here since the example you gave with Superman 64 would be the same deal too. They can port it and make the trailer say 60fps and unlocked resolution but that wouldn't be enough to carry the game since everyone already knows it's a piece of shit. And if they don't, there are hundreds of other videos that they can watch to get more information.

Not everyone is as retarded as you and is unable to watch things to research a product they're interested in.
>>
>>376597805
Butthurt consolecuck detected
>>
>>376598154
>Everyone

Everyone in your bubble you mean.
Newcomers?
Normies?
Hello? What about them?
>>
>>376598424
Old trailers of the game still exist. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
>>
>>376598374
You have to make the trailer for the game interesting enough for newbies to even want to bother googling what it is about in the first place.

"Unlocked framerate" and "Unlocked resolution" isn't telling me about the game itself.

There was just the other line "revolutionary action shooter" that tells me a little bit about the gameplay.
>>
>>376598758
are you going to cry over it?
>>
>>376596015
weeb devs cant pc they are behind in tech at least a generation or two simple for the fact that they kicked the "hd" can down the street and thought they could get away with producing mobile shit for the rest of their lifes which ment to them they dont need to stay up to date on tech. This all comes directly from my ass but makes sense to me on why they cant at all compete even with average looking western hd games.
>>
>>376598758
Seeing the gameplay where the dude was rocketing around from cover to cover, punching giant robots in the face and the hundreds of missiles coming his way somehow don't matter because the words 60 fps and unlocked resolution appeared?
>>
>>376598521
Only if the new trailer is interesting enough for the normies to google the old trailers.

Saying that you can customise the options on the PC version might not be the most exciting thing about it. Don't misunderstand me I thought the trailer's gameplay footage was alright, but slapping on the "unlocked framerate/resolution" text was laughably cringey.
>>
>>376598916
>PCfags are famous for being prickly when it comes to performance and resolution in their games
>they include information to put these worries to rest in the first trailer and announcement of a port of an old game
I still don't see the problem you're seeing here. From what I can gather, they know the crowd they're marketing to and are catering to them in the advertisement.
>>
>>376596173
This. There's too much ports with a shitty engine designed around console limitations that now can't use the more powerful hardware.
>>
>>376599043
Don't you find it weird that we've reached the point in time where marketing a game in the trailer as "It runs well" is a marketing technique?

I imagine the next trailers for 2017 games would have text that goes like:

"Little to no glitches!"
or
"Optimised to drain less battery from your handheld than other games!"
>>
>>376599646
It worked for Bayonetta's Steam port, didn't it?
>>
>>376596015
Nice, i've always wanted to replay Vanquish but when my 360 died and i switched to PC only it seemed like the only real way i would ever play it again is with an emulator.
>>
>>376599646
If it were a new game.

When you're talking about a rerelease of an old game, of course you're going to talk about the changes you made to it. That's the enticement.
>>
>>376596173
To be fair this shit should be also expected. Having customizeable settings is not a feature, it's a standard. If the settings are not customizeable, then it's an issue.
>>
>>376599646
Yeah I do find it weird but these are the times we live in. There have been too many ports that run badly or are not able to take full advantage of the hardware you have. There are also lots of games that are interesting or good enough on their own but are held back by technical limitations like shitty framerates and resolution. It's a shitty time, no doubt about that but we're talking about a port of a game that famously ran at 30fps in the past that's going to be released on a platform to a crowd that's well-known for being prickly when it comes to performance and resolution as well as 'customisable graphics settings'. It's no wonder that they included these information in the announcement trailer for the port. That said, I hope they get a reputation for releasing great ports and just generally aim for 60fps and unlocked resolution enough that it just goes without saying that these are features that people can expect from their games.
>>
it just won't feel right on pc
>>
File: laugh 12.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laugh 12.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>376596015
>console "games" are so shit they have to market customisable settings as a feature
>>
>>376597260
Ark is one of ps4's top sold games.
>>
>>376599832
off with the goggles: most old pc games did not have uncapped framerates or unlocked resolution settings by default.
>>
>>376600510
I'm aware of that, so?
>>
>>376600539
well vanquish is an old game
>>
you niggers better buy this to encourage "unlocked" ports
>>
>>376600759
It's not from the mid-to-late 90s when that was an issue. The games from early 00s may have not had support for various resolution in the options menu, but the engine itself still supports them fine through config
>>
>>376596173
No. They are advertising the fact that it is a port and was not designed for PC to begin with.
>>
>>376599832
well, isn't it fair for them to announce
>HEY GUYS, WE'RE NOT SHITTERS CAPPING OUR GAME
when they're not being shitters that cap their games?
>>
>>376604552
they are shitters if that's the best thing they can say about their game
>>
>>376604935
>SEGA releases 2 great Platinum games on PC, finally, and without shitty console limitations
>they're shitters
care to enlighten me?
>>
File: hole technology.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
hole technology.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>webm related

The only marketing words I really enjoyed were "strategic dismemberment" for Dead Space because it's precisely that and it's fun playing the game around it
>>
>>376596015
Because this isn't how it is on consoles. Thery jusy keep lying.
>>376596173
this
>>376596551
>Not wanting your games run better and look prettier for an overall better gaming experience is AUTISM
(you)
>>
>>376596898
>Someone decides they want to support more ports like this happening from Sega so they purchase the game
>Wow way to stick it to console owners
Please tell me you're pretending to retarded, you can't possibly think that someone buying a port of a game automatically means they have blind hated towards another group like your autistic rant that you just went on
>>
File: 1492233845435.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492233845435.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>376596015

Consolefags Eternally BTFO
>>
File: really makes me think.gif (490KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
really makes me think.gif
490KB, 256x256px
>>376606575
>Consolefags Eternally BTFO
>with a seven year old game
Were the seven years worth it? Really makes you think.
>>
>>376606879
Most PC gamers already own it on console since the 360 and PS3 were actually worth owning at the time, which is not so much the case with the current console gen. It's nice to replay it on PC with all the bells and whistles. Don't you guys ever get tired of getting butthurt every time a game gets ported? Why do you care?
>>
>>376596015
Dark Souls 1 and lots of other ports failed hard in PC release, so it is actually quite logical to advertise that your game isn't just another shitty port.
>>
>>376607167
>which is not so much the case with the current console gen
Don't know man, the PS4 is pretty heavy (especially lately):
>Resogun
>Bloodborne
>Gravity Rush
>Gravity Rush 2
>Yakuza Zero
>Nioh
>Persona 5

And if Rockstar doesn't fuck up, then
>Red Dead Redemption 2

Eight games and coming. Tell me moar.
>>
>>376607916
>Resogun
weebshit
>Bloodborne
memeborne
>Gravity Rush
weebshit
>Gravity Rush 2
weebshit
>Yakuza Zero
weebshit, outdated gameplay
>Nioh
Looks pretty good to be honest
>Persona 5
weebshit
>RDR2
I can wait for the PC release

Why would I get a console for only 2 games?
>>
>>376608331
>other games
>weebshit
>nioh
>not weebshit
You are a memelord
>>
>>376597358
THE POWER OF CELL!!!
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.