[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 452
Thread images: 82

File: d.jpg (51KB, 590x515px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
51KB, 590x515px
> IGN 4
>Gamespot 6

so games journalism is finally dead?
>>
>tfw Bethesda keeps trying to push a dead game and won't release any info on TES VI
>>
They are probably trying to act like they have standards after people have been shitting on them for not having any for so long.
>>
>>376593102
They are full of baby rage because they didn't get review copies and had to compete with youtubers for clicks and views.

Sad but it's probably true.
>>
>>376593102
the game isnt good on pc? how does that equate to game journalism being dead.
>>
ITT: Bethesda shills
>>
>>376593102
How much did they give Alien Isolation again?
>>
File: 1493900963059.jpg (93KB, 592x790px) Image search: [Google]
1493900963059.jpg
93KB, 592x790px
clearly Bethesda didn't make the standard industry bribes you are supposed to make as a AAA studio now.

Too bad, I watched a couple of playthroughs and the game actually seems really damn good.
>>
>>376593309
The save file bug the IGN review is about was fixed before they published the review, meanwhile the PS4 has abysmal input lag.
>>
>If the PC version of Prey hadn’t become completely unplayable from crashes and save-game corruption just as it was hitting its stride, I’d have called it a very good or perhaps even great game. Its strange alternate-history universe, sidequests, hidden threats, and detailed environmental storytelling make Talos I a joy to explore, one that’s well worth slogging through combat that doesn’t feel fresh enough to sustain it throughout a long game. But there’s little so frustrating in a game in which you’ve invested dozens of hours as having your progress wiped out or blocked before the end, and my time with Prey concluded so poorly that I can’t in good conscience recommend you risk hitting the same game-breaking bug I did.

Pretty fucking stupid to score the game like this but at least it's not another god hand situation where they pretend to have played the game past three levels and mercilessly shit on it with no reasonable argument as to why
I think the fucking obvious solution, one a professional website should know to do, is to say "The game is an 8.0 but until these issues are resolved, I give it a 4.0" fucking duh
>>
>>376593102
>Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
So this guy could have simply finished the game on a new patch, but gotta make it look like IGN is actually tough on games sometimes. Why do people bother reading these critic sites?
>>
The game to me is a surprise

I expected it to suck. I got it for cheap as fuck, but ti does suffer from instances where I'm not sure I'm missing something or if I'm experiencing glitches.

Like the Greenhouse. I kill the Telepath, free the 3 employees with Mindjack, but the one girl is still hostile to me. It says to save her, but I knock her out or use Mindjack on her and she gets back up and continues shooting me

It's frustrating, but I still feel like I'm missing something.

I didn't expect anything at all going into the game, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

Nothing game breaking, just occasionally frustrating.
>>
File: 3435678.jpg (14KB, 175x330px) Image search: [Google]
3435678.jpg
14KB, 175x330px
>>376593102
Wait, IGN has a PC that can current gen games? I thought they all have are a bunch of macbooks, hence why their Overwatch team is playing on consoles
>>
>>376593604
>"The game is an 8.0 but until these issues are resolved, I give it a 4.0"

they basically said that in the text you just fucking Greentexted, do you need it spelled out for you or something. They literally said they were having a good time even though the bugs were very frustrating.
>>
>>376593623
Use stungun usntead of mj. Or just gloo them.
>>
>>376593754
Metacritic only accepts the first score and Metacritic is super important
>>
>>376593102
>finally dead
it was never alive to begin with. gaming "journalism" never had much credibility, and threw whatever it had away in the recent years. anyone taking them seriously is a fucking idiot, especially since the vast majority of their reviews are paid for and made by absolutely incompetent inbreds who can't play games (see DOOM)
>>
>>376593102
I think judging games for game breaking bugs is fair. The dude himself says the game is fun. This is just another reason and example of how reviews are a tool to inform readers, NOT to validate your opinions.

Game is 7/10 for me, I kinda wish it was more linear, or at least had more engaging side missions.
>>
>>376593782
I did stun-gun her

Haven't tried gloo-ing

Wondering If the Telepath needs to be killed first before trying to free her. I'm supposed to talk to her, and I can't talk if she's hostile. Some people are saying that she talks for about 20 seconds that she's mindjacked, then goes right back to being hostile
>>
>Game has a gamebreaking bug
>Reviewer actually takes it into account when reviewing the game

Huh. That's a first.
>>
I'm nearing the end, and had a blast all the way through it. IDGAF about review scores or /v/ spergs shitting over the game.
>>
>>376593623
Some characters become hostile if they see you use typhon powers. Not a bug.
>>
wtf I like fake Prey now
>>
>>376593102
Gamespot hasn't reviewed it.
>>
>>376594080
good to know

I loaded a save to a previous instance and decided to try again later.

Damn, killing the telepath is gonna be a bitch without them, then.
>>
>>376593847
>their reviews are paid for
They arent payed for. At least directly.
Its just that the companies advertise on the sites and give out little "gifts" to them too
>>
>Game nobody knows about loosely based off a franchise nobody remembers
>$60
I'm not sure what Beth is expecting.
>>
I love how Oblivion and Skyrim all had multiple game breaking bugs but still got rave reviews from IGN
>>
>>376593102
>>Gamespot 6

???
>>
>>376594035
Yeah, salty critics that didn't get their advance copies and salty nostalgiafags shitting all over it.

I bought it day one and don't regret the purchase. Shit really ramps up at the end though. gives a nice sense of urgency after a certain point.
>>
>>376594124
their video review is up
>>
>>376593102
No the game sucks
>>
File: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.jpg (83KB, 663x622px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.jpg
83KB, 663x622px
Bribe giving and taking should be an executable offense. I guaran-fucking-tee you that politics, news, and journalism will straighten out when heads start rolling. Granted, IGN, Polygon, et al. would be dead in the water, but that might actually be a blessing.
>>
>>376593102
What's this? A game reviewer actually reviewing a game properly? That's unheard of.

I had a laugh when reading the comments for that review. People don't seem to understand that if a game ships with game breaking bugs then it deserves the piece of shit score it gets. No game should ship broken, that's what QA is for. It's also magnified by the fact that they refused to release a PC demo in order to find bugs like this and test performance on rigs.

This game is a clusterfuck and the review score nails it.
>>
>>376593997
He didn't take into account the fact that the bug was already patched by the time the review was published.
>>
>>376594147
I jumped up onto the roof with gloo stairs and murdered it with the Q-beam. Went down nice and quick.

>>376594186
Probably expecting the salty press to get people interested in an IP reboot more tailored to the majority gaming market.
>>
i freed aaron ingram from the mimic harvesting cell then when i completed some other objective he went hostile and the turret i left in that room killed him

i don't even have any typhon abilities ;~;
>>
>>376594172
The only time reviews seem to actually have been paid for in a "gib money for review and positive review" sense that we know of is with Shadows of Mordor. And then only with Youtubers. And they got smacked by the regulation laws for it.
>>
This... not a review. I have no idea what the fuck is IGN doing here.

It's a report on a major bug. And that is fine. The game crashed on the guy which is a serious problem and should be definitely pointed out and potential customers warned, but it's not a review. The guy played if for about an hour and half, loved it, then it crashed on him and that is it. You don't end your review there.

The fuck is going on here? Did they just go completely fucking insane?
>>
>>376594287
>A game reviewer actually reviewing a game properly?
>actually reviewing a game properly
> properly
Fuck off. This is as "proper" as IGN's God Hand review. They're snubbing it because they didn't get their kickback. Journos are fucking scum.
>>
>>376594379
They just dont care and theres no standards they have to uphold at all
>>
>>376594368
Still got GOTY for their efforts, didn't they?
>>
>>376593398
8 if memory serves.
>>
>>376594287
The bug was already patched by the time the review was out.

>refused to release a PC demo

Post 5 games that released a PC demo in the last year
>>
>>376594339
I just got the Q Beam cell diagram from exploring the exterior so I guess I'm going hunting

You can walk along the rail to Alex's escape pod and jump in from there, too.
Gotta say, the freedom to explore and multiple approaches is something I appreciate

Not really getting what people are saying about lack of ammo, though. I always have enough materials for the fabricator to make ammo and I haven't been duping at all
>>
File: 1482653512222.png (898KB, 3000x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1482653512222.png
898KB, 3000x2100px
>>376594379
clickbait and trying to get back at a dev for having them compete with better content producers on youtube, it's sad but true
>>
>>376594449
Nope.

It was 5 or 6.

Reminder, Fallout 4 got a 9.5 and had worse gamebreaking bugs.
>>
>2017
>basing your entire review on a bug that will likely be patched within days of you writing it

Top kek, I'm glad reviewers are finally punishing punlishers for releasing unfinished messes and patching later, but come on. This is an outlet that gave Fallout 4 a fucking 9.5, and I'm pretty sure it's full of game breaking bugs, and if it's not it's still a clearly very unfinished game, much less so than Prey. At least be consistent with your criticisms.
>>
File: 1465390541541.jpg (79KB, 508x604px) Image search: [Google]
1465390541541.jpg
79KB, 508x604px
>>376593102
Imagine being a game dev and your game goes from like 85 to 78 on metacritic because one guy gets a bug that hasn't affected any of the other reviewers at all
>>
>>376594461
They already said something along the lines of "We don't want to spend the resources to make a PC demo. Use Steam's refund service if you don't like the game."
>>
>>376594401
Did you even play God Hand? It's a shit game and if you like it then you need to reevaluate your gaming tastes fuckboi.
>>
>>376594208
>salty nostalgiafags

I played through the real Prey fairly recently. It's a far more enjoyable game than this crock of shit, so don't be mad when people call you a shill for implying otherwise.

Get a real job, shill. If you had to actually work for your pennies, you'd better understand why bad products and aggressive marketing have no right to exist.
>>
>fps with skill system is my fetish
>really want to play prey
>got a €13 policy
n-next year on a sale for sure
>>
>>376594584
t. game journo SJW cunt
>>
>>376593102
Paid reviews for ME:A
>Game breaking bugs but we still love it and the gameplay outshines the bugs, 10/10!
Unpaid reviews for Prey
>Game breaking bugs, fuck this game! Can't believe anyone would want to play it 1/10
>>
>>376594421
This is a major release, a completely unusual behavior out of the site and clearly a bad idea. It's more than just "we don't care", it's either absolute lack of professionality, or someone is intentionally trying to piss somebody else off or exact some kind of vendeta.
But even that seems unlikely. The review even flat out states that it's not actually a review, that they just ran into a bug and can't get past it, and that they are actually focusing on finishing and reviewing different version of the game.

Which is exactly what I'd expect them to do. But then they fucking add an OFFICIAL SCORE which links into metacritic?
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCKING FUCK is this? It's absurd. It's not even unprofessional, it's nonsense. This is not how you do this job. And they had been in the business for long enough to fucking know that.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nm2z21ABvf1t7j9pc.gif (973KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nm2z21ABvf1t7j9pc.gif
973KB, 500x250px
>>376594547
The bug has already been fixed BEFORE the review was published and it is the same reviewer that gave fallout 4 a 9.5

Dan Stapleface is cancer
>>
>>376594379
Did you not read/watch the review? He played it for 40 hours and then his saves got corrupted. Arkane then sent him a save file around the same area and that got corrupted as well. I don't know why you're speaking out of your ass.
>>
>>376594590
Don't worry, this game has a strong "humble monthly poster child" vibe.
>>
>>376594554
>imagine being a game dev
maybe i should of done my job and make a game that fucking works
>>
>>376593102
>[Note: Please take notice that this review applies exclusively to the PC version of Prey. We’re currently playing the console versions to see if we encounter similar issues, and if not we will score them separately at a later date.]
>>
>>376593862
>I think judging games for game breaking bugs is fair.
Not when the bug is fixed before you even publish your review and retroactively fixes all saves.

I think ultimately it's this >>376593308
>>
>>376593102
Oh man, Prey is getting fucking wrecked in the reviews department for such a high-profile release.

I'm still personally hoping it's closer to System Shock than Bioshock, but I got enough of a backlog to get through before I pick up Prey.
>>
>>376594301
Well yeah he had already written the review. The editor should note that on the article.

Games shouldn't ship with game breaking bugs regardless, but that's just my opinion
>>
File: 1491291064614.jpg (233KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1491291064614.jpg
233KB, 960x731px
>>376594691
A man can dream.
>>
Really enjoying the game, surprised it has such wide dislike. Guess it'll hit a bit of cult status because I have seen peeps enjoying it on 4chan. Only thing that gets it down is the combat is a tad clunky. But it does the immersive-sim shtick where you have so many options with how to deal with situations that it doesn't force combat much. The station and the mystery, all that reality bending stuff, well and truly make up for it.

Easy 8 on a traditional review skill (not videogame industry) but i hear the ending is poor so ill reserve judgement.
>>
>>376594775
It's definetely closer to System Shock and Deus Ex
>>
>>376594774
If your game ships with game breaking bugs then it deserves the low score it gets. There's absolutely no reason for it.
>>
>>376594208
Nostalgia for a game that doesn't EXIST.
>>
File: 1369021470844.jpg (22KB, 422x347px) Image search: [Google]
1369021470844.jpg
22KB, 422x347px
>PS4 Metascore: 81
>PC Metascore: 78
>Xbone Metascore: 88
>"How the fuck is Xbox so much higher?"
>6/8 highest scores are Xbox sites
>Mass Effect: Andromeda has the highest score on Xbone
I know the system is starved for games but really?
>>
>>376594585
>S-Shill!!
Not an argument
>>
>>376594775
it is very close to system shock

it also doesn't treat you like a retard like bioshock does
>>
>>376594871
Neat.

>>376594928
Well thank fuck. That bumps it up the backlog a fair bit.
>>
>>376594881
How many have actually reported on it?
>>
>>376593523
Shame, if IGN was properly paid for their real review then it would have gotten atleast an 8.5.
>>
File: HL2Physics.webm (2MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
HL2Physics.webm
2MB, 1080x608px
The only thing I dislike about the game is the fucking physics for objects that require the leverage skill. Firstly, you can hardly pick them up or you always drop them if they so much as touch any other object, and then shit like .webm related happens.
>>
>>376594782
Considering it was only a small fraction of players that had this issue, this stuff can slip through Q&A
>>
Game really is mediocre. Deserves a 5 max.
>>
>>376594881
>If your game ships with game breaking bugs then it deserves the low score it gets.
Sure, I agree. But why does IGN then score games that released with and still have gamebreaking bugs, with 8s, 9s, and 10s?
>>
>>376594585
>I played through the real Prey fairly recently
No you didnt haha you are shitposter haha
>>
>>376594928
Well said. I think most people don't know how to play this game and get frustrated because they actually have to figure shit out themselves.
>>
>>376594990
They take OH&S very seriously.
>>
File: 1355710653425.jpg (21KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
1355710653425.jpg
21KB, 367x451px
>>376594990
>try to cheese an enemy by one shotting it with a physics object
>it backfires and kills you
fucking perfect.
>>
File: 1421807412376.jpg (69KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1421807412376.jpg
69KB, 453x439px
>>376593102
So Bethesda didn't pay their shillbux to IGN?

Honestly this is utterly unprofessional. Readers wanting an actual review (lol IGN tho) are getting some sob story narrative from some dweeb who couldn't be bothered trying it on a different system or doing a clean re-install.

Deduct marks for instability - but don't throw a temper tantrum and give up. Absolutely pathetic.

Personally I didn't like the game, but other people wanting a well reasoned rundown aren't going to get one.
>>
File: RightRadiantCornsnake.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
RightRadiantCornsnake.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>376594995
Combat is a bit meh, everything else about the level design, abilities and interaction with the environment, aswell as the exploration of the station itself, is fantastic. It really does feel like the best of System Shock 2, Deus Ex and Dishonored
>>
>>376594881
The bug was patched out very shortly after, and it only affected a small percentage of the population. It absolutely does not deserve a huge point drop because of it, especially because said bug no longer exists.
>>
>>376595176
This is a review for PC, not for the game
>>
Why don't they just like, withhold the score until it's fixed or not and then score it accordingly instead of knowingly dropping something like this just to mess with people?
>>
>>376594925
there's obviously a noticeably smaller amount of reviewers for xbox
>>
>>376594993
And it just so happens that it happened to a reviewer on one of the more popular review sites.

Q&A you gotta step it up.
>>
>>376595284
No, if anything they should be more punishing.

Prey drew the short end of the stick but thems the breaks.
>>
>My experience with Prey on PC started out as a promising dark science-fiction adventure, but after 40 hours in this atmospheric first-person RPG it’s descended into a literally unplayable technical nightmare.

I thought I was super slow since it took me 37 hours to beat the game on Nightmare.
>>
>>376595179
How does this shit work?
Ok, so you become(possess?) a towel, but why and how does a towel move?
>>
>>376595284
Because it's being sold right now
Also because IGN needs money
Not to mention this is only for PC build, IGN doesn't have a review for the game yet. The dude seems to be okay with the game, but he's frustrated with the save glitch
>>
>>376594652
How retarded. I know QA should be much more vigorous to avoid this shit, but to literally brand a game as dogshit (and yes, a 4 from IGN is basically calling it dogshit since they give every fucking game a 7.5 minimum) because of a bug that is fucking fixed and therefore will not affect the people reading your review is baffling. He must have been so salty when it happened.

If ALL reviewers started holding games to this standard, I'd be happy, because we'd stop seeing half finished games get released and fixed within the first few weeks, but that'll never happen. And since this very guy who came down so hard on Prey literally hailed FO4 as a masterpiece, well, we know what his opinion is worth. It's possible a good game that was properly QA'd could be released with a game breaking bug, it just happens sometimes, but games like FO4 and Skyrim are undeniably unfinished.
>>
>>376595284
Because Bethesda didn't give them early review copies and they're incredibly triggered they had to compete against more competent players and reviewers on Youtube.
>>
>>376595360
Like the mimics in-game, you alter your form into that of the towel. As for how it moves, I would assume the fibers act like thousands of tiny legs.
>>
>>376595372
I'd be fucking pissed too if my game corrupted after 40 hours.
>>
>>376593102
They shouldn't have called this a review and simply named the video "Why we can't review Prey on PC"
>>
>>376595502
I wouldn't expect Bethesda to fix it. New Vegas never got a fix for it's fucked up save system.
>>
>>376595502
Maybe he should have installed the patch that came out the same day that fixes the bug and renders all corrupted saves playable.

Or not. This clickbait score is much more profitable.
>>
>game is good but i experienced crashes
This is why scoring systems are a fucking joke.
>>
>>376595502
It corrupted and he restarted from the other save, which was 5 hours before. Then it started crashing. He asked Arkane for a new save, they gave it to him, but it went corrupt as well. Then he gave up.
>>
>>376595263

It hides behind a platform review, but almost the entire article is him talking about "muh atmosphere" and mechanics... like a normal game review. He arseblasted a game with a 4 (below average) but the only justification he gave was instability that was mentioned for only a few lines. Pathetic.

And it's a garbage port report.
> no mention of whether it's an actual port
> no talk of framerate
> no description of specs or build
> no attempt top replicate it on another PC
> no examination of what could be triggering this

Weak as fuck.
>>
>>376594208
Every post you make is pretty much shill speak

Try not making it so obvious next time
>>
>>376593102
The game is broken, it corrupts save files.
>>
File: f.jpg (12KB, 307x51px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
12KB, 307x51px
>>376595374
It is literally clickbait or an attempt to get back at the devs for having to compete with better content producers on youtube, literally no reason to publish a rant review on something already fixed.
If I was a dev I'd be furious, the review dropped the metascore by 5 points alone. Considering what happened with Obsidian not getting a bonus for having a sub 85 metascore this stuff has a real impact on studios
>>
>>376595176
>Deduct marks for instability - but don't throw a temper tantrum and give up. Absolutely pathetic

This. He considered the game an 8, she should have knocked it down to a 7, and mentioned that he came across a game breaking bug, and to wait for it to get patched before buying. This is the point of reviews. Coming down so hard on one aspect of an otherwise good game is just nuts. I get it fucked his experience up, but he's supposed to review the whole game in an unbiased manner.
>>
>>376595502
This was on PC right? The game gives you ability to make 20 save files. He played the entire game on 1 save file? Kinda stupid for not saving a couple of times more.

Although I agree that 40 hours lost is bad.
>>
>>376594716
>i
>should of
Hmmm
>>
>>376595593
There was a fix that went up before this review was made.

Not one mention of it anywhere.
>>
>>376595617
Seems like a clickbait. They can also rereview it later if Bethesda will somehow message them
>>
File: tweeten-1494491992982.jpg (43KB, 913x321px) Image search: [Google]
tweeten-1494491992982.jpg
43KB, 913x321px
>>376593102
same reviewer
>>
>>376593102
holy fuck its real
i dont know anymore
>>
>>376593169
You mean *Skyrim 2
>>
>all this damage control from Bethesdrones

Have you ever considered that the game might actually be shit? I mean after that demo, it's not a fucking surprise. you autists. We literally lost Cyber-Prey-Punk for this garbage.
>>
>>376595179
How to spot a shill post
Every single time this game is talked about, the shill ALWAYS says
"IT FEELS LIKE SYSTEM SHOCK 2, DEUS EX AND DISHONORED"

EVERY TIME
>>
>Waaaaah games should always be bug free
You kids dont remember hell having unpatched fallout 2 or VTMB.
>>
>>376595765
>Waaaaah games should always be bug free

what's wrong with this?
>>
>>376595765
>games should be progression-breaking bugs free

ftfy, you stupid mong
>>
>>376595683
Definitely seems like clickbait, I know I'm preaching to the choir here but holy fuck this is why game """journalism""" is laughed at.
>>
>>376593102
This is retard, you don't give a score base on a bug.
You give the game a proper score and put a warning at the end.
>>
File: NightmareCombatFocus.webm (3MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
NightmareCombatFocus.webm
3MB, 1080x608px
>>376595137
Using physics objects isn't any cheaper than using combat focus which lets you shred a nightmare within seconds even if you sperg out like I did.
>>
File: fps_evolution.jpg (120KB, 250x447px) Image search: [Google]
fps_evolution.jpg
120KB, 250x447px
>>376593102
>FPS's
>good
>,,,ever
>implying

gg
>>
>>376595759
How to spot shill shitposter
Every time when any new game is talked about, the shill shitposter autistically starts screaming "FUCKING SHILL REEEEEEEE"

EVERY TIME EVERY GAME EVERY THREAD
>>
>>376595802
He means that he wants bugs in his games.
>>
>>376594287
>pc demo
what is this, 2005?
>to find bugs
oh, I see you're just a retard
>>
>>376595765
This. Try playing almost any major release from the past 15 years I patched and see how it goes. This is just the sad state of the industry, reviewers have been eating this shit up for years. This one review just comes off as very petty. If it had come from a guy who had previously given games harsh reviews for shit like this I'd at least say he's just a decent reviewer with a strict standard, but he'd praised many an unfinished game.
>>
>/v/ is defending bugs now

Holy shit
>>
>>376595863
>all these misses
What are you doing anon?
>>
>>376595898
Prey has a pretty clean hud.

For the most part.

>>376595930
He is retarded, but demos are a good thing.
>>
>>376595930
I'm sure even a short demo would have presented the general populace with a whole slew of bugs, maybe even this game-breaking save corruption bug. And for your information, they released demos of this game on the console versions. So yeah, I guess it actually is 2005 you dumb shit.
>>
>>376595974
>/v/ is defending the integrity of IGN now
>>
>>376595974
I am personally defending a game which is actually pretty good, calling out the hypocrisy by them giving Andromeda/Fallout 4 a better score AND the fact this particular bug had a fix before the review was made.
>>
File: QBeamFTW.webm (3MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
QBeamFTW.webm
3MB, 1080x608px
>>376596004
I panicked because of the nightmare spawning on my ass. That's what I meant with sperging out.
QBeam also makes stuff pretty easy.
>>
>>376595974
> /v/ is lamblasting some faggot who only provides 2 lines of text for a massive deduction in score.
Seriously, I learnt fucking nothing from the review about the bugs. Read it, it's just about mechanics, atmosphere and setting.

The shitty score almost completely blindsides you.
>>
>>376595974
>4:44:44 4
>review score is 4
Do yoy know something we don't?
>>
File: spiderman aint no nigga gun ho.jpg (130KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman aint no nigga gun ho.jpg
130KB, 500x368px
Bethesda for some reason didn't start up the AAA marketing behemoth for Prey, so the people at IGN probably got pissy that they didn't get their usual bribes for a new AAA release and decided to send Bethesda a message to show them what happens if you release a game and not buy the journos.

It's the only explanation, because Prey is fairly fun and even objectively at least a strong 7/10, no debate. I feel bad for Arkane. This game's my contender for GotY so far and I really doubt there'll be a better release, on PC at least.

I'm loving the amount of player agency and the fact that despite me hoarding everything like crazy, I can occasionally still find myself low on certain supplies on Normal, which is something Resident Evil 7 has miserably failed at.

I love the fresh experience of being on my guard vs. mimics, but it's kind of retarded how they throw the mimic detection mod at you as the very first helmet implant. Kind of redundant to come up with a brand new gameplay element in a shooter and promptly remove it's impact early on.
>>
>>376596080
The game shipped with a bug that literally corrupts your save files. How the fuck can you defend this shit?
>>
The game really loses its tension after 4 hours. The nightmare is supposed to be an unstoppable beast but you can just shotgun him to death in 7 shots with combat focus.
>>
>>376595974
Already patched bugs
>>
File: god damnit.jpg (275KB, 580x707px) Image search: [Google]
god damnit.jpg
275KB, 580x707px
>>376594035
I saw a floating trashcan like that, too, and still shat myself when it burst into a mimic. I was so disappointed at myself.
>>
>>376596141
>The game shipped with a bug that literally corrupts your save files.

And he makes almost no mention of it.
Doesn't talk about replicating it on another PC.
Doesn't talk about any troubleshooting he did.
Doesn't talk about other user reports or prevalence

It's fucking useless clickbait.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (14KB, 276x127px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
14KB, 276x127px
>>376595754
Unlike you, I don't bash or praise games I haven't played. And unlike IGN, I wouldn't destroy a game's score just because I had a game breaking bug after 40 hours.

The only time I had a corrupted save from alt-tabbing while saving, I loaded the previous one which was barely a minute before.
>>
>>376596127
>but it's kind of retarded how they throw the mimic detection mod at you as the very first helmet implant
Chipsets are randomized.
>>
>>376594642
They paid almost every youtuber, go look how much they were gushing on it.

..while having "this video is sponsored by prey" undernearth
>>
>>376593102
game is good but there are some really anoying things
picking up an heavy object and throwing it is a pain in the ass most the time it just miss your target or hurt you
>>
>>376596220
Arkane sent him another save file and it also got corrupted. How much more do you want? He should have gave it a 0/10 because it was unplayable for him.
>>
This Metacritic bribing has to stop. I truly feel sorry for Arkane. They get bonuses depending on metacritic scores.
>>
>>376596004
Game has a negative status called "Fear" which makes your crosshair go all over the place.
>>
>>376596141
It is shit, but it is a bug that isn't that common.

Common enough to make a fix, sure, but not common.

Also, it's mostly me dumbfounded that the same reviewer, the exact same one, gave Fallout 4 a 9.5, one with WORSE bugs. He said that this game was to be an 8/10 before he encountered the bug. Now, if he held every game in the same standard, shouldn't Fallout 4 be treated the same?
>>
File: gtdero.png (24KB, 110x119px) Image search: [Google]
gtdero.png
24KB, 110x119px
Ok, so for the third time now, I've turned around, only to see something that looks like a recycler charge float towards me slowly until it disappears under my feet. It's so fucking trippy, has anyone else experienced this? Given the themes of this game, I can't even tell if it's a bug...
>>
>>376596236
Most but not all. A few, like mimic detection I, are fixed. Its kind of a tradeoff though with the psychoscope since having it one kills your peripheral vision, makes what you can see darker, and makes it harder to hear things like a phantom clomping around the corner.
>>
File: PhysicsFun.webm (3MB, 920x518px) Image search: [Google]
PhysicsFun.webm
3MB, 920x518px
>>376596236
Plus then you get Greater Mimics...
I am still looking for the fucking leverage chipset, I think I might have found some duplicates of other chipsets, and I'm close to the end of the game.
>>
>Andromeda gets a 7.7 despite being choke full of bugs even after the patches
>some of them game breaking, the rest just making the game completely unenjoyable
>Prey has one game-breaking bug and that warrants a 4

I'll buy Prey twice.
>>
>>376596276
A fucking explanation, not a short paragraph that told us almost nothing.

I do appreciate that they reached out to Arkane, but did they alter user settings at all; try reinstalling on another PC; try verifying integrity of game cache in steam?
>>
File: 1446626966466.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1446626966466.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>376596236
Oh.... well shit. Can't tell if I'm lucky then or not. The mimic detection chip literally spawned on the corpse of the same character I picked the Psychotron up from.
>>
>>376596321
That's the poltergeist. A somewhat frustrating, though underused enemy.
>>
>>376596036
>game corrupts after 30-40 hours
>if there was this demo with one level, they'd surely find it!
>>
Which is the best part of the game and why is it the Sticky Note room?
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 256x197px
>>376596286
>they get bonuses depending on metacritic scores
i get flashback of fallout new vegas anon
>>
>>376593308
this
>>
>>376596395
It's not his job to troubleshoot their game.

He reviews what they have sent him. If it doesn't function, it automatically gets a bad review. It's really simple.
>>
>>376596276

Yoy fucking idiot. You fucking idiot. So if a movie critic goes to see a movie, and the teather has some technical problems, the movie is to blame? Game is fantastic, and this is clearly bullshit from IGN.
>>
>>376596239
I can guarantee you they didn't pay this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP7UV2Ez_jE
>>
>journalists are too retarded for it
>/v/ hates it
>NeoGAF are tasteless
>Reddit is too cumbersome
>The Escapist's community thinks of me as less than human and so do their mods
>thejimquisition.com only has comments
I think I'm done with the gaming community..
>>
>>376596398
That one is fixed.
>>
>>376596226
>get a game-breaking bug 40 hours in
>contact devs and ask for a spare save-file to continue from
>start playing again
>bug happens again, alongside even more technical bugs

Seems like a pretty reasonable score to give to me. Besides, the game has other major flaws, like the Gamespot review mentions
>>
>>376596465
That's retarded.

You would do everything in your power to make sure that the problem doesn't come from your end so you can make an objective review.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 1024x657px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 1024x657px
>>376596141
A bug encountered by a fraction of players, that was already fixed, that retroactively fixed corrupted files, that was patched BEFORE the review was published.

If they didn't fix this weeks after release he would have a point, but this stuff can slip past Q&A with how few players encountered it.

There is no excuse for shitting on a game like this when the problem has already been resolved.
>>
>trusting reviewers in 2017
They don't even play video games.
>>
>>376596473
In this case it's the movie itself that is not working.
>>
>>376596465
Then why did he even bother mentioning about how he'd spent so many hours trying different things if he isn't going to tell us what they were?

Is he some faggot that likes hurting others?
>>
File: 1487632217147.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487632217147.png
168KB, 400x400px
Prove to me you're not just a salty westaboocuck, mad over the fact that western games are dying.

Post your anime games right now.
>>
>>376596473
No, but if the distribution company sent out a bunch of broken reels which fucked up viewings across many theatres, you'd see a backlash much more fierce than this.
>>
>>376596408
Aren't Poltergeists the ones that go all BOO SPOOKY SPOOK, WOO I'M MOVING ALL THESE PROPS, ZOINKS!

I don't get into combat, I just turn around and there's a Recycler Charge or EMP floating on the ground, then disappearing when it's under Morgan. The first time I thought it was a mimic and I shot it, but nothing happened. Phantoms would actually attack.
>>
>>376596493
https://youtu.be/1-JVa6BuewQ
Im pretty sure this guy isnt getting any money either
>>
>>376596529
If the problem comes from his end, that means the product didn't properly pass QA which again, isn't his fault. The developers are the ones to blame.
>>
>>376596540

This. A million times this.
>>
File: 20170510190740_1.jpg (550KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170510190740_1.jpg
550KB, 2560x1440px
Those fucking Looking glass screens get me everytime...
>>
>>376596540
>score goes from a 4 to a 6

woo!
>>
>>376596540
If you buy something and it doesn't work, would you be happy?
>>
File: 1413397640831.jpg (21KB, 399x396px) Image search: [Google]
1413397640831.jpg
21KB, 399x396px
>>376596427
>game corrupts after 30-40 hours

Kek. Skyrim all over again. Come the fuck on, Bethesda, holy shit.
>>
File: 20170510191106_1.jpg (648KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170510191106_1.jpg
648KB, 2560x1440px
>>376596681
Same room.
>>
File: 1458744802457.jpg (39KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
1458744802457.jpg
39KB, 600x557px
>same guy gave Fallout 4 a 9.5
>>
>>376596642
No games are 100% perfect in terms of QA though.

There is always at least one bug that goes under the rader.

This one has only affected a small portion of players, and it was fixed with a patch that went up before the review or use of a different machine fixed it.
>>
>>376593102
This is the last straw for me boys, I cant care about game politics anymore. Maybe I never truly realized how monetized the gaming world is until seeing this. The hypocrasy is unnerving, I feel lile I'm reading some kimd of propaganda. A game that didnt send out review copies magically gets called out on the major flaw we have seen time and time again on 90% of big name releases specifically for the reason of them not bending to these children that supposedly judge the quality of games.
It didnt used to be like this, I believe there used to be a bond between creator and player but its dead.
Im out, it makes me angry and stupid shit like this shouldn't.
>>
Played through Prey twice because I wanted to like it enough to give it another shot, here.

It's not 4.0 bad, but it's certainly not the SLEEPER HIT (NEW HALF-LIFE?) Some places are pushing.

I'm a big generous with my ratings, I'd give it a 7.5 I think, honestly. Great ideas, mediocre execution. It's... Just boring. It starts out interesting and spooky with the opening twist and the sense of helplessness as you have no way to detect mimics and phantoms overpower you, but as soon as you really level up your character the game becomes
>mash ability to win
>backtrack for days to finish sidequests

T. Played all three Bioshocks, Dishonored, and System Shock 2
>>
>>376596717
it's fixed already
>>
>>376596717

He's a reviewer, a critic, not a consumer. The issues are solved. His bug shouldn't determine the score. This is either manchild entitlement or IGN's message to Bethesda.
>>
>>376596717
works for (smug smiley krauts alway use)
>>
File: 1486917471075.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486917471075.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>376593102
How do you get a game-breaking bug in a game with saves, quick saves, and auto saves, and basically infinite save slots?
>>
>>376596634
Hmm, trippy. then again, the whole thing is trippy.

maybe its a glitch since the whole thing is a simulation anyway?
>>
>>376596810
Even if it affects one person, that's one person too many. It's completely unacceptable to ship a broken product in any way shape or form.
>>
File: almost mad.gif (995KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
almost mad.gif
995KB, 500x281px
>>376596498
Yeah, Prey is such a weird experience. I'm loving every minute of it, and I'm the kind of person who never would have thought I'd ever buy a Bethesda game again, let alone full price.

But then I take a break and come here to see jaded /v/irgins thinking it's just another run of the mill, shitty AAA game, like they know what they're talking about.

I worry, because this is a chance for Bethesda to fix up their approach in this industry, but if Prey tanks, we'll just go back to more Fallout 4 and Skyrim.
>>
>>376593102
He's lying about 40 hours. There's no fucking way he has 40 hours in it.

I have 22 hours in it and completed the game twice, the first run took me 12 hours to explore about 90% of the ship and the 2nd run 10 hours by using no mods and somewhat speeding through the maps.

I call bullshit. Even with the save game bug he should have been able to finish 1 run in at least 12 hours.
>>
>>376596851
>His bug shouldn't determine the score

Do you even read the absolute shit you type? He's a reviewer, if he gets a game that corrupts his save files then he has every right to call them out on it.
>>
>>376593102
Fuck Prey. They launch a buggy game and say they cancelled Prey 2 because it wasn't up to quality standard.
>>
>>376596889
Then no game should ever get a good score ever.

And explain to me why he decided to give this game a 4 WHEN FALLOUT 4 HAD WORSE BUGS AND THAT GOT A 9.5, AN ALMOST PERFECT SCORE
>>
>>376594928
Here it is
https://youtu.be/l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>376596978
Or maybe P2 got cancelled because it was a 2011 game using ancient engine that still wasn't anywhere ready to be released by 2017?
>>
File: 20170510193101_1.jpg (826KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170510193101_1.jpg
826KB, 2560x1440px
>>376596939
I am at 29 hours, close to the end with a lot of exploring and a sneaky approach to the enemies.
11 hours seems like a rushed playthrough to me?
>>
>>376596908
Bethesda's a good publisher now. Dishonored, Wolfenstein, DOOM, and TESO were all great.

If anything, it's the games developed by Bethesda that suck now.
>>
>>376596959

The bug isn't present in the retail version. Let that sink in. I know what I am saying.
>>
File: 1450485229156.png (291KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1450485229156.png
291KB, 600x512px
>>376593102
>played for 34 hours
What the fuck did he do? Let me guess, he also played on Easy? I beat the campaign and did most of the sidequests and explored everything I could except for the outside of the station and it took me 25 hours. I also played on Nightmare difficulty.
>>
>>376596990
This is about game breaking bugs. I have only experience one game out of 20 years of gaming that had game-breaking bugs to the point where it was unplayable. It was Risen.

Not even Fallout 4 had game breaking bugs for me.
>>
>>376596312
This is my main issue. The arguments against Fallout 4's stability at launch were endless.

I guess you can only go off what you personally experience and he just drew a shit hand, but to call the game a technical nightmare when you've given Fallout of all games a lot of praise is taking the piss.
>>
>>376593102
Are they wrong? Game looked like shit to me from the get go.
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 342x147px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 342x147px
Hey IGN sorry this was so late I had to run some last minute release errands, but anywho heres that bribe money you demanded, wouldnt want that 4.0 you threatened us with!
Thanks!
Beth.
>>
>>376596908
Let me guess? You're 30, closing in on 40; your life is slipping away and you're desperately trying to recapture your youth by playing games that remind you of "le good ol' days".
>>
>>376593102
>Game has a bug
>Quick, give it a 4.0

IGN will never learn.
>>
>Walk through here.
>BLARING FUCKING SPOOKY MUSIC WWAAAAMM BWWAAAMMM SPOOPY SPOOOOKY WHOOOOSH BOOM ARE YOU SCARED!?
>Every. Fucking. Time.

I like the game, but the audio design is so fucking jank. In a game where dynamic soundtrack kicks in when you get in and out of combat/stealth/zoom/etc. it's really fucking stupid to have so many "SPOOPY LOUD AMBIENT SOUNDTRACK" triggers littering the maps...
>>
>>376597056
>implying like that isn't based on the incompetence of the publisher
>>
>>376597075
So then why didn't they send him a retail version since he didn't get early review copies anyways? I'm not sure why you're trying to defend this debacle.
>>
File: 1492832771153.jpg (72KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1492832771153.jpg
72KB, 604x516px
Do items respawn?

I'm only four hours in and I'm roaming around the lobby.

I have it set on hard but I'm the type of player that hacks an explosive canister with a wrench blowing off more than half my health. I've done that twice. Turns out beating the shit out of everything looking for mimics has some drawbacks.

Anyway, I'm going thru consumables like crazy.
>>
>>376597149

Not him, but he's right. What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>376597092

And we're all very proud of you Anon, don't ever forget that.
>>
File: metaheaderimg530pxheadre.jpg (44KB, 530x257px) Image search: [Google]
metaheaderimg530pxheadre.jpg
44KB, 530x257px
So, new Prey is New Vegas of immersive sims?
>>
>>376593243
basically this. read up on how bad traffic went for most game sites after the Mass Effect 3 fiasco.
>>
>>376596681
Explain to me how we can have Looking Glass screens but not working mirrors.
>>
File: you fucking WHAT.png (121KB, 248x222px) Image search: [Google]
you fucking WHAT.png
121KB, 248x222px
>>376596681
>Walk into a new area.
>Pull up Psychoscope to check for mimics.
>3 mimics disguised as lilypads on a pond.
>Think I'm smart and throw a recycler charge on them.
>Pond was actually a looking glass, recycler uselessly crashes through it and down below into a maintenance room.
>Mimics ran off.

I'VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED!
>>
>>376593102
he could put the review on hold until its completely fixed and not rushing it out of the door.
which they did in a patch before the release of this review.
oh well, i stopped giving a damn about critics when i fell for games like bioshock infinite and dragon age 2
>>
>>376597191
>Human Head was a good boy they dindu nothing wrong
God, shut the fuck up with Prey 2. Open world FPS? Come the fuck on, it was bound to be shit
>>
>>376596908
In a world where Zelda cotw gets showered with 9/10s and 10/10s, and this fraud gave Fallout 4 a 9.5, Prey might aswell be a game of the generation masterpiece.
>>
>>376593102
A professional journalist and reviwer would say we wait with a judgment until patches fix the fundamental problems with the game and this is only an early impression. I'm probably asking for too much here
>>
File: Preyhandson1.jpg (438KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Preyhandson1.jpg
438KB, 1920x1080px
>generic black goo monsters
>prop hunt
>scary
>>
>>376594585
>the real Prey
Nigger if you actually thought 2006 Prey was anything more than mediocre, then you legitimately have shit taste.
>>
>>376597226
>>376597149
He's a teen mad because PREY doesn't conform to the conception the endless pre-release threads shitting on it gave him. ToRtanic permanently ruined any logical discourse about new games on /v/.

>>376597278
Ye. I said it'd end up like New Vegas right after playing the demo.
>>
File: llz.png (5KB, 298x249px) Image search: [Google]
llz.png
5KB, 298x249px
>>376596818
It's not about the difficulty. (On Normal, anyways.) It's more about the player agency and emergent gameplay. It lends itself well to immersion. If you're the type of person who plays games to win and has 2000 hours logged in CS:GO, there's probably not much worth for you in Prey.
>>
>>376597439
It's not meant to be scary, in the same way system shock wasn't scary. It's meant to be about problem-solving and survival in a fucked up situation.
>>
>>376597191
>>376597412
Chill out. We will never know. What we know for sure that original Prey was style over substance (cool design, boring bland gameplay with shit weapons and zero difficulty), this Prey is completely the opposite (derivative as fuck with boring art-direction, but good gameplay and actual challenge).
>>
>>376597062
Holy shit this reminds me of the System Shock grove so much.
>>
>>376597225
No, but what you can do is unlock the neuromod that lets you cut out mimic tumors. Those can be recycled for a little bit of every material.
>>
>>376595863
>screen is literally covered with white filth that flickers and then turns to black filth
woah
>>
File: 1472176156755.gif (664KB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472176156755.gif
664KB, 253x200px
>>376597340
Speaking of shitty mirrors, has anyone dicked around with the mirror in Morgan's office? Go right up facing it and walk to the right...

I promise, it's not a jump scare or anything. It's just...eerie.
>>
>>376593308
Yep. In a world where turds get 7s there's no objective reason they have for giving prey less than an 8
>>
>>376597262
Thanks, anon. Means a lot to me.
>>
How much of the game is left after getting the ability to scan coral?
>>
>>376597446
This. The beginning part on rails is the best one.

Holy fucking shit, guns sucked, enemies sucked, difficulty was all over the place (that fucking gf boss).

Level design was kinda solid for a linear game, but it had to do more with art-direction than the actual level layout.
>>
>>376597491
Prey really isn't that good, though. I love immersive sims and I love New Vegas, and this doesn't rate that highly for me at all.
>>376597550
Played both of my runs on Nightmare and it's still turns utterly trivial right around arboretum.
>>
File: 1484211462711.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1484211462711.png
37KB, 1127x685px
>>376594585
>Shitty gimmick shooter riding Id coat-tails known only for being a launch title which got middling reviews at the time versus a great game in the vein of System Shock and Deus Ex/Thief

I think you're probably a 15-20 year old spouting shit about two games you never played.
>>
>>376594990
At least it's not the HL2 ai, where you can hold a chair and walk past enemies and stop shooting, because they "can't see you"
>>
>>376596939
It took me 15 hours to reach the Arboretum. Some of us get immersed and play meticulously, you know. Not everyone plays headstrong and uncaring like you.
>>
>>376597671
Depends how much you like sidequesting.
>>
>>376597693
>I love immersive sims and I love New Vegas, and this doesn't rate that highly for me at all.
New Prey has better gameplay than any immersive sim from past ten years except maybe for STALKER. It's a fact. E.Y.E. was buggy as fuck and NuDX, BioShock and Dishonored - all have zero difficulty.
>>
File: 1476978635516.jpg (240KB, 3800x3760px) Image search: [Google]
1476978635516.jpg
240KB, 3800x3760px
If this is a big spoiler then maybe don't flat out tell me, but I'm at the part when the military robots just arrived on the station. I was in my office and was just about to leave when January said,

"You've been stuck in a simulation for 3 weeks; normally it only lasts a few days." znd then never acknowledged it again.

What the fuck was that all about?
>>
>>376597712
>At least it's not the HL2 ai, where you can hold a chair and walk past enemies and stop shooting, because they "can't see you"

That's not a thing. Holding up big metallic objects protects you, but anything else and the enemies will either shoot through or around it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
deus ex mankind divided - flopped
dishonored 2 - flopped
prey - flopped
system shock remake is looking terrible so far
fallout 4 sucked big time
hitman which is inspired by this genre also sold like shit, and square enix dropped io interactive
is this the end of this genre?
system shock 3 is the only one left
>>
>>376597569
>>376597550
>>376597491
>>376597412
>>376597567

samefag bethesda shill
>>
>>376597785
The intro sequence in the apartment; are you retarded?
>>
>>376597225
It took me like 4 canisters before I finally started recognizing them...
>>
File: firefox_2017-05-11_13-22-23.png (6KB, 446x182px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-05-11_13-22-23.png
6KB, 446x182px
>>376597846
Mad?
>>
File: K-MPKzXI.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
K-MPKzXI.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
>Prey 2 is cancelled
>ACTUALLY IT WOULD'VE BEEN SHIT IGNORE ZENIMAX'S LONG HISTORY OF HOSTILE ACQUISITIONS AND SCUMMY SHIT LIKE STRAIGHT UP LYING ABOUT THINGS TO MAKE THE DEVS THEY'RE TRYING TO ACQUIRE LOOK INCOMPETENT
>Also we made fucking System Shock again but this time you can turn into a towel !!!
>IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD GUYS IT'S LIKE SPIRITUAL SUCCSOR TO

oh boy can't wait to purchase another quality zeninmax entertainment product
>>
>>376597785
Remember the beignning when they talk about "today's testing" like you've done it multiple times? its either that or...the fact that the entire game is a simulation because the real M. Yu is dead and you're a typhon being injected with the memories from his neuromods.
>>
>>376597906
Zenimax/Bethesda are dicks and new Prey should be called different, true.

That doesn't mean it's a bad game, hon.
>>
>>376597851
Well, that's what I thought too, but it's the first time he's mentioned it and it was so out of the blue. It was just weird. I assume the ending has to do with Morgan not being Morgan as the flashes from before are to indicate.
>>376597919
I'm definitely not reading that....but I assume I'm correct.
>>
>>376597340
My theory:
-They knew they couldn't enable mirrors for consoles, so if they'd code them in, it'd only be for PC.
-If they had mirrors, they're the kind of design team that'd combine mirrors and mimics for cool experiences.
-But then consoles would miss out.
-Easier to just not code them in, wouldn't wanna go there.
>>
File: 1463025562974.jpg (42KB, 436x365px) Image search: [Google]
1463025562974.jpg
42KB, 436x365px
>>376597846
I wish this place would just word filter 'shill' to 'I have no actual constructive arguments or criticisms about games themselves'

Calling anyone who disagrees with you a shill has probably done more to erode actual games discussion on this board than anything else
>>
>>376593102
IGN was always maximally overrating all western games. seems like they just have stopped it for now.

that score is pretty decent, actually
>>
>>376597783
I played Bioshock and Bioshock 2 on the hardest difficulties available for each fairly recently and they're still more difficult than this

I've died twice on my second run here, first was a fairly honest death although I had an annoying wanker in teamspeak screeching in my ear and my focus probably wasn't all that there and the second was me blundering into an electricity trap that has a habit of instantly killing you if you haven't healed up to full.

Dishonored is admittedly completely trivial but I like the setting and exploration a LOT in it, and the way the narrative can change entirely depending on whether you kill and whether you're seen period is so nice.
>>
prey is a solid 7/10. Wouldve been an 8 if not for that weak ass ending
>oh shit morgan. The colosal alien fuck is attacking
>fight it? Fuck no just run around the station until you trigger a short cutscene
>then the epic tweest is after credits for some reason
>>
>>376597439
I thought the same exact thing, but in practice, mimics lent a very fresh experience to the game that I haven't really felt before in vidya. Mimics are just agitating enough to slow your progress down and keep you alert.
>>
>>376593309
Not really a good experience on other platforms either. The PS4 version has horrendous input lag and this bug was already fixed.
>>
>>376598028
shillposters are paranoid retards
they should be banned on sight indeed
>>
File: 1492483502099.png (42KB, 507x534px) Image search: [Google]
1492483502099.png
42KB, 507x534px
>looking at all these videos
>well this looks like a nice system shock clone
>ooh those are some neat things you can do
>wait what's this game called again?
>PREY
WAT
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO PREY2 AWESOME BOUNTY HUNTER COWBOY TIME?
>>
>>376597825
It's a good thing. And this is coming from someone, who's enjoying Prey.

System Shock, Thief and Deus Ex - all of them was not only good games, but original and groundbreaking at the same time.

BioShock, Dishonored, new Prey, etc. - they all fell detriviative and too damn casual. Prey is arguably a better game than BioShock and Dishonored, but it's still baby's first System Shock. We already played this game in 1994 and again in 1999 and it's retarded brother in 2007 and it's less retarded bother in 2010. Well, at least, it's not Thief with no shadows and teleport.
>>
>>376593102
LOL they really gave it 4

Arkham fucking Knight worked like absolute TRASH on PC and guess what score it got.
>>
This is it. We're never going to get any more 90s insipired immersive sims. It's nothing but corridor shooters and cinematic experiences from here on out.
>>
Ign 4.0
Ign Italy 9.1

inconsistency detected
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (20KB, 457x178px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
20KB, 457x178px
>>376597846

>>376597906
>ACTUALLY IT WOULD'VE BEEN SHIT IGNORE ZENIMAX'S LONG HISTORY OF HOSTILE ACQUISITIONS AND SCUMMY SHIT LIKE STRAIGHT UP LYING ABOUT THINGS TO MAKE THE DEVS THEY'RE TRYING TO ACQUIRE LOOK INCOMPETENT

Yeah, and lets also ignore the fact that Human Head never made a good game, and lets also ignore the fact that they never made an open world game either. And Lets ignore the fact that /v/ almost universially shits on open world games. And lastly, let's forget that the only footage we ever saw was a hyper-polished and choreographed E3 vertical-slice demo made just to impress simpletons like you, that the game had no chance of living up to.

>Also we made fucking System Shock again but this time you can turn into a towel !!!
>IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD GUYS IT'S LIKE SPIRITUAL SUCCSOR TO
I doubt you've actually ever played a Looking Glass/Ion Storm/Origin game, but if you did you'd realize that games like this are extremely few and far between, and that this was a treat.

>oh boy can't wait to purchase another quality zeninmax entertainment product
Everything Bethesda has published recently has been gold. DOOM and Wolfenstein are lauded, even on /v/.
>>
>>376597652
Do you have a webm or something? I almost don't trust you.
>>
File: Jonhn Shreprhed.png (7KB, 182x130px) Image search: [Google]
Jonhn Shreprhed.png
7KB, 182x130px
>>376598146
Development hell. Then the IP changed hands and that just killed it. But it's more a case of Duke Nukem Forever, rather than a typical EA-style "Jew kills good thing, more news at 9".
>>
>>376598270
>And Lets ignore the fact that /v/ almost universially shits on open world games

Only retards believe that, which is most of /v/ indeed
>>
File: Before.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Before.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
A few small tweaks can make the game look a fair bit better
>>
File: 1335317473965.jpg (27KB, 296x286px) Image search: [Google]
1335317473965.jpg
27KB, 296x286px
>>376598316
Why call it Prey though?
Why rape an IP that barely anyone remembers?
>>
>>376598270
mad nerd
>>
>>376598290
I'm retarded and can't figure out how to get my captured footage of it over to my laptop since I don't have PS Plus right now and can't share the video. If you can and take a webm, i'd greatly appreciate it. I swear, it's not a spook. The reflection in the mirror changes to another room all together that I haven't seen in the game.
>>
>>376593102
Maybe the game is just bad though.
>>
>>376597846
LOOK MOM I CALLED SOMEONE SHILL AGAIN!
>>
>>376598270
>Human Head never made a good game
Rune was alright in mp.
>Everything Bethesda has published recently has been gold.
TEW was enjoyable but far from gold.
>DOOM and Wolfenstein are lauded, even on /v/.
Just like Prey, these games has nothing to do with the originals. While I do believe NuPrey and NuDoom are alright games on their own, NeuWulf is just a boring ass HL2 wannabe with god awful hitscan enemies and boring as fuck exposition parts.
>>
>>376598094
I really wanted to fight that shit in space, I really though that's where it would end.
>>
>>376596473
lol so mad u cnat evn spel rite
>>
>>376598371
They spent money on the IP. What are they gonna' do, not use the name? What's the point in not using the name? It's not like the game's shit and actually rapes the memory of another game.
>>
File: After.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
After.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>376598028
>>376598112
I've been sperging about this in various threads recently, including this one, but ToRtanic was what killed /v/.

Before ToRtanic, /v/ was skeptical of new games, but there was always discussion to be had. Now, after ToRtanic, literally every game is torn down and attempted to be made into the next "LE BLUNDER OF LE CENTURY XD XD XD." Even shit like Zelda and Persona 5 weren't safe.

Now every thread about every game is people calling each other shill, people who haven't played the game shit-posting, and people posting out of context .webms of bad looking moments and glitches.
>>
>>376598371
>Arkane is developing game
>Bethesda comes along and says "hey want to use this name?
>ok
That's literally it
>>
>/v/ happy when ME:A gets reviewed low cause of all its bugs
>/v/ is upset when prey gets a 4/10 cause of a game breaking bug
>>
>>376598403
I think I know what you're talking about.
You're probably looking at a super cheap solution of simulating a mirror effect. Taking a snapshot of a room and projecting that image onto a mirror surface. There's probably several other mirrors in Talos 1 Lobby that project this same image. Saves system or video memory and such.
>>
>>376598371
>Make a game leagues ahead of the original
>Rape

I wish every franchise got "raped" like this.
>>
>>376598628
The problem being that everything but the bug (And some other things) is good.

ME:A has nothing and the bugs are the highlights in the game.
>>
>>376598628
>/v/ happy that a shit game gets reviewed low
>/v/ upset that a good game gets reviewed lower

really activates my almonds
>>
>>376598628
ign gave mass effect a 7.7
gtfo
>>
>>376598629
Neat. It's just done in such a strange way though. The mirror goes from a really shitty image of Morgan's office to a really shitty image of an ominous looking board room with computers on the far right wall.
>>
>>376598628
>/v/ happy when ME:A gets reviewed low cause of all its bugs
The joke is that it didn't.
>>
>>376598640
In case of Prey it's hardly a great achievement. And art-direction was better in the original. In new Prey it's literally BioShock in space. Art Nouveau, my ass.
>>
So hows the game?
>>
File: i see what happened there.jpg (16KB, 222x279px) Image search: [Google]
i see what happened there.jpg
16KB, 222x279px
>>376598505
Nah, I just think casual newfags kept coming to /v/ and, being the retards that they are, got the impression that /v/ just hates everything, since shitty games like Skyrim WAS everything to casuals at the time. Now they have it in their head that they're "old-guard" like the /v/irgins before them and they are supposed to hate everything that's popular. They couldn't make a good game if they were given a billion dollars for that express purpose. They just think anything that has some popularity is bound to be shit because they are baseless non-conformists.
>>
>>376598762
>literally bioshock in space
so... system shock?
>Prey was designed as a spiritual successor to system shock
GET ME OFF THIS TRAIN - I DON'T WANT TO RIDE IT ANYMORE
>>
>>376598762
>every idtech game from that era
>more interesting artstyle than a highly stylized vaguely art-deco sci-fi

now you're just having a weird opinion
>>
File: 1479885942504.jpg (57KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1479885942504.jpg
57KB, 600x444px
>>376593102
to be fair prey sucks, only retards who are gullible bought it
>>
>>376597062
speed run is already under 10 minutes
>>
>>376598762
you don't know what art nouveau means do you
>>
>>376598887
You can speed run Morrowind in 4 minutes. Just what, exactly, is your fucking point?
>>
>>376598725
I mean, I could be wrong, I'd have to check for myself... once I work up the nerve to visit the Lobby again...
>>
File: 1493959796058.jpg (71KB, 656x626px) Image search: [Google]
1493959796058.jpg
71KB, 656x626px
>fuck the nightmare so hard he refuses to spawn again

Hurry up fucker I want your materials
>>
>>376598802
Derivative ideas and premise but good gameplay nonetheless.
>>376598838
I was talking about art-direction, which is uninspired as fuck.
>>376598861
I really liked the locations of the original Prey. It was weird as fuck and memorable.
>>376598901
I do. And this is precisely why Prey's art-direction does nothing for me.
>>
>>376598725
Maybe they're using something similar to cubemap reflections like the Source Engine and it switches over to a different cubemap?
>>
>>376598762
You're a fucking retard. Are you actually a teen or something? You legitimately don't know what Art Noveau is and Prey, the original, had a terrible art style.
>>
>>376598938
Use your attract nightmare signal family - or did you use all 4 up?
>>
>>376598951
>I do. And this is precisely why Prey's art-direction does nothing for me.
You obviously don't. There's nothing art nouveau in the game, how retarded are you?
>>
>>376594257
> Implying such a motion would get through the congress of any countries.
Welcome to politics
>>
>>376598505
The problem is that people who haven't played a game, instead of asking those who have for some legit criticism would rather cherrypick on little details and make unrelated autismo collages, thinking that makes them worth listening to.
>>
>>376597712
Lies; that's one minor enemy, and that's a side effect of its gimmicky purpose.
>>
>>376598938
>ever needing exotic material

what
>>
>>376598172
Get over yourself, most games are derivative, what matters is execution and Prey is better than the originals in many ways.
>>
pls share this and stop anyone from thinking this wasnt a total scam on igns part

http://it.ign.com/prey-2017-ps4/125125/review/prey-la-recensione
>>
>>376595736
You mean Morrowind 4?
>>
were there suckers that actually bought this garbage and couldnt read through to see the only threads about it were from shills?
>>
>>376598696
>good game
If its not popular then it good xddd
>>
>>376593102
They've also given Alien: Isolation low score because Destiny-bro considered it too hard.

They are as relevant as my local newspaper.

On the other hand, I've heard signals that game has strong PC gameplay and is not console port. Maybe that's the issue?
>>
>>376596687
From the review it doesn't seem that he would rate it 6. If he would rate it 6 then I have no idea what made him rate the game this way
>>
>every bugging out model in game is actually a mimic
I don't know if it was sudden inspiration or not, but so far that's been the case for me.

>Coffee cup randomly jumping around and falling through textures? Mimic.
>Half-stuck in a table office chair? Mimic.
>Slowly rotating on its own axis computer terminal? That's a mimic.

I think if you replace all broken models in every bethesda game with mimics, the experience will become better.
>>
File: 20170510190650_1.jpg (460KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170510190650_1.jpg
460KB, 2560x1440px
>>376599087
For crafting neuromods?
I know, some people say the necropsy skill is useless since you'll have more than enough exotic materials anyway, but this wasn't true for me. I got the skill late-game since I did NOT have enough exotic mats for crafting neuromods.
>>
>>376599206
>Bethesda manages to create a bug that every object is a mimic.
>>
>>376598762
> And art-direction was better in the original
???
Prey looked like Doom, with the exception of stuff happening in the magic land of native Americans. The only good looking area too.
>>
>>376599145
The local teams have their own editorial offices that don't really have to report on every article, they are basically they own independent magazines working under the same franchise
>>
>>376599343
literally just loot every fuckier you kill and you'll be fine, there's loot too
>>
Unfortunately this is my case too. The game itself is awesome and I felt like back in System Shock again.

Sad that first my saves broke (after like 20 hours of play... really hurts) and now the game crashes every time I enter Talos Exterior.
>>
Wait so this isn't an extension of the first Prey game universe?
>>
>>376594401
Prey tries too hard emulating 90's System Shock concept and it gets bored really quickly with the lack of enemy varieties and weapons, you're a fucking moron if you compare this to the God Hand review I'd rather play the unfinished Prey 2 than this garbage
>>
I've been playing for ~30+ hours and have had no problems other than 1 death loop. But I guess you can even get a job with anecdotal blog posts now eh.
>>
>>376599892
but that's been fixed and supposedly you can access your broken save in the new patch
>>
>>376599892
Prey>Properties>Beta>Opt in>download beta patch

I just solved your problem and fixed your corrupted save friendo. Happy playing.
>>
>>376594186
According to this logic, no new IP can cost $60 either.

People like you are why we have soulless rehashes instead of new titles.
>>
>>376599957
No, Prey is a marketing name.
>>
File: 20170510185246_1.jpg (330KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170510185246_1.jpg
330KB, 2560x1440px
>>376599780
I DID loot everything, and still had more of the non-exotic materials required for neuromods than exotic material without the necropsy skill. That's why I decided to spend the points on it. Gotta say that I by now crafted >40 neuromods though.
>>
Just finished my 100% alien power run. Shit was harder than I expected as I couldn't upgrade Psi points.
>>
>>376600186

The fuck? Fuck these faggots then.
>>
>>376593643
>we reviewed the pc version of a multiplat for the first time ever just to make sure we can could find things to shit on

NEXT level.
>>
>>376595325
I would put money down that QA caught the bug, but the game had to meet a date, and the higher-ups evaluated the situation and figured they'd get it in a day 1 patch.

Most of the time when you see bugs like this, it has nothing to do with QA and everything to do with business decisions.
>>
>>376593102
Crack yet?
>>
File: 1434253132752.png (86KB, 283x262px) Image search: [Google]
1434253132752.png
86KB, 283x262px
Poorly ported or buggy games are why I don't feel bad about pirating most of my games.
>>
>>376600584
The fuck are you on about? Poorly ported? Did you actually play the game?
>>
>>376600253
Yeah, alien powers have no passives, you're getting all these skills but no resource to use them.
>>
>https://www.gamekult.com/jeux/prey-2017-3050713579/test.html

>Gamekult
>9

B A S E D
>>
>>376600668
Shouldn't it be easy after doing the psychic water quest though?
>>
>>376600669
Never heard of them, but I really like the idea of benchmarking the game on 4 different builds after the review
>>
File: 1li1sj.gif (2MB, 360x229px) Image search: [Google]
1li1sj.gif
2MB, 360x229px
>>376593102
>giving prey 4 because of bugs
>giving MEA 7.7 while saying quote " major performance problems and bugs take their toll."
Really makes you think
Prey is not 10 but it's more in 7-8 range. While MEA is actually real 3-4 game
They are mad they didn't get early press copy and/or shekels
>>
>>376600709
Yeah but you're more than halfway through the game at that point.
>>
>games been out for just under a week
>missed out on all that sweet sweet day 1 review revenue
>no one is interested in reading another 8/10 review for the game
>give it a 4 and get all the clicks
>Ad revenue CHING CHING CHING
>>
>>376600750
The most reliable french site.
>>
>>376600669

how come only europe takes games journalism seriously anymore?
>>
>>376600652
Nah it's not cracked yet lol, but alot of people are having corrupted saves and other issues on PC and same goes for the console version plus input lag.
>>
>>376600857
>lol

The corrupted save issue was fixed shortly after being released it also retroactively fixed corrupted saves.
>>
Are consumers smarter by not listening to these sellouts? Is it just they have been replaced?
Watching a stream of a game is a way better indicator of how good it is compared to listening to some score.
>>
I just watched digital foundry saying the game is a technical marvel on PC. It looks good, runs really stable and the technical capabillities of the cryengine are used to good extend.

I'm at the last part of the game right now and the only bug I encountered was the nightmare sitting in some corner in the greenhouse until I pulled his agro.
I think people who are cyberpunk or systemshock fans feel nore positive about it than chad thundercock here. No surprise there.
>>
File: orangutan.jpg (34KB, 330x549px) Image search: [Google]
orangutan.jpg
34KB, 330x549px
>>376600898
Good to know, still gonna wait for it be cracked tho
>>
>>376600959
>Are consumers smarter by not listening to these sellouts? Is it just they have been replaced?

There is no general sentiment on this and that's the problem. You have to go on case-by-case basis and your average consumer isn't aware of what to judge these outlets on. Does your average person know that, for example, Polygon is in Microsoft's pocket because they gave them half the funding to get the site started?
>>
>>376600898
>it also retroactively fixed corrupted saves.
That's really nice.
>>
>>376600709
Yeah but you have to kinda get their early for that to have much of an impact. I'm not sure how early you can get there however.
>>
File: 1494034329922.jpg (569KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494034329922.jpg
569KB, 1200x1200px
>mfw I'll buy the patched/fixed product in 1 month @ 50% off

thanks early buy fags
>>
>>376601185
>I'll pirate fixed game with all DLCs in 2-3 months
FTFY
>>
IGN is a fucking joke and has been for years, so I'm not sure why people are suddenly bothering. They gave prey a 4 because the reviewer himself encountered a bug that was patched by the time the review itself went up. IGN gave a perfect 10 to Skyward Sword despite it having the same bug; a bug that STILL hasn't been fixed. One of their other reviewers gave Alien Isolation a shit score because he couldn't get away with hiding in nothing but lockers for the whole game, dying literally hundreds of times because the alien started checking them. The incompetence they display over and over again isn't anything short of amazing.
>>
>>376600769
>MEA is a strong 7

Does he elaborate on his gamebreaking bug in prey? Ehy not just load an earlier savefile or start the game anew, heck its their job to play these games.
To be honest a lot of great games come to mind when I think about gamebreaking bugs, especially older ones. Heck even the super popular fallout and skyrim games are victim of those. Really makes you wonder.
>>
>>376595863

What diff is this? Im going to make sure to not be a bitch and play a higher one with some challenge where something that big takes more than 6 shotguns shells and doesnt damage you at all
>>
>>376601350
>Ehy not just load an earlier savefile or start the game anew, heck its their job to play these games.
read the review, he did, it broke the game
Arkane send him a new save and it got corrupted as well
>>
Remember to turn both Screen Space Reflection options off and on again before each playthrough.
>>
>>376601027
I love cyberpunk and played the system shock games to death and I still found Prey boring. Played the demo and it bored me, so I thought maybe the full game will be interesting so I bought it. Played it for hours and I did find it immersive and the environments nice but after a while it started to get stale with fighting the same enemies over and over. Maybe the same isn't for me but I do find it weird that some people think it's GOTY, best game since sliced bread.
>>
Hay Arkanecucks, does Zenimax demand logs of you shilling the game on Cantonese claymation forums?

Or do you do it because you desperately hope the game ends up a sleeper hit so that you don't get the ax?
>>
>>376601635
Elaborate?
>>
>>376601705
Fixes the reflection effects on pretty much every surface.
>>
>>376601757
Actually I'll elaborate more, because durr.
When you quit the game, the engine turns off the Screen Space Reflection effects despite saying they're on.
When starting the game, you have to load the game, go into the options menu, disable both settings, apply, then enable both and apply again.
>>
>>376593102
>yfw games "journalists" are giving it bad reviews because bethesda didn't want to send them copies weeks in advance and wanted them to play it at the same time as the general populace and it upset the "journalists"

>yfw kotaku made an entire article crying about this and how they have been blacklisted by bethesda for over 3 years and had to buy their own copy of the game
>>
>>376601684
I just liked how the skills feel like they mean something. A lot of them open up new pathways and if all fails there is the gloogun. That's very systemshocky.
>>
>>376594927

> not an argument
Go bald and die Stephen Molycuck
>>
>>376595759
>How to spot a shill post
>Every single time this game is talked about, the shill ALWAYS says
>"IT FEELS LIKE SYSTEM SHOCK 2, DEUS EX AND DISHONORED"
>EVERY TIME
this poster is a confirmed shill he just did what he said a shill will post
>>
I watched GB's quick look of it and it seemed boring as fuck and unoriginal. However, it was Brad playing the game so that could've been the reason why it didn't seem like much.
>>
File: 1293752897935.jpg (55KB, 750x536px) Image search: [Google]
1293752897935.jpg
55KB, 750x536px
>>376602418
fuckin GOT EM
>>
>poltergeists start showing up
>they never attack they just make me levitate and then put me back down

at least throw a mimic disguised as a coffee cup at me you lazy fucks
>>
File: 1494345670977.jpg (28KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
1494345670977.jpg
28KB, 600x335px
>this thread right now
>>
>>376596498
What the fuck are you talking about? I've seen dozens of
>"Why does /v/ hate this game? It's fun as fuck!"
Threads, but no actual hate threads. I think you're all fighting your own imaginations.
>>
>>376594379
It's a weird situation where they simultaneously don't want to review a game that's already out, but feel like they have to review it since it's from Bethesda. So the compromise is the editor let's this shit slide out without a care. It's literally not a review, but they still published it as a review, and the game will never be properly reviewed by IGN. I bet you the guy who wrote this has moved on to some other May release, and hasn't touched Prey since.
>>
>>376598407
> 9/10 reviews on Steam
I seriously fucking doubt that.
Even in his reviews he praises the game and mentions very small annoyances and whatnot. Basically describes the game as an almost perfect, 9/10 game.

Then in the end, due to the bug, he spergs out and gives it a 4.0 score.
Guy should be fired IMO, this is retarded.
>>
>>376603094
I both agree and disagree. From a traditional standpoint, shipping a game with a bug like that means it wasn't play tested very thoroughly and the game deserves a low score. If this exact game had come out to consoles in 2001, you would say "Fuck yes it's a 4.0. The game is broken". We've just been conditioned by the industry to accept day one patches and several weeks of bug fixes post launch. We're the new play testers and everyone's just sort of okay with that.

That being said, in this new environment we do have, while I still personally consider stuff like that to be a deal breaker, the average consumer has grown accustomed to it and it is just another part of playing games. Penalizing it so heavily feels less like being 'honest' about the game and more vindictive or petty.
>>
>>376598628
MEA is a 6/10 game at best. Any site that gave it higher than that was either legitimately faking their review, or mentally damaged. The game wasn't awful by any means. It just so damned average, with the gameplay being barely above average.
>>
>>376603497
But look a bug is a bug. A game is a software in the end, and softwares have bugs. Even heavy playtesting cannot catch all bugs and I am sure the studio is on their best to fix the problem as soon as possible.

The game is 9/10 (or whatever, I think it's a solid single player title with new setting, innovation and whatnot, it deserves a high score.)

I still find it dumb and pointless to destroy a game for a bug that will be ironed out. And last but not least, see ME:A, they gave it a high score. Even though the game was in a very shit, awful shape when it came out. Everything was bugged.

But in the end we know how "gaming journalism" works.
>>
>>376603497
The bug was literally already patched, and fixes saves that were affected by the issue. It's not affecting that many people. It's not surprising it made it past their QA. I agree something should have been taken off for it, but knocking the review from an 8 to a 4 over it is just plain childish.
>>
>>376602750
>bottom feeder internet meme
Have I just been baited?
NANI?!?
>>
>>376602997
The guy who wrote the review is the actual executive editor. He is notoriously bad at video games and is generally considered a fucking ingrate. Something he proved yet again.
>>
It's like a 7, 7.5 game
Deal with it
>>
File: 1493599017776.png (190KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1493599017776.png
190KB, 872x632px
How is a game breaking bug not a bad thing? What did OP mean by this?

I ran into two game breaking bugs during my playthrough, had to jump back twice into earlier saved, likely added on about 4 hours of playtime.
>>
>>376603784
Do tell.
>>
>>376603587
Mea is a 3 at best you mean.
>gameplay
Who cares about the gameplay? If I want to shoot some "ai" opponents I'll play joe shmups third person shooter 2.
The goddamn studio itself wants to have a COMPLETELY reworked version in a month, fixing all the things this game is k own for: disgusting models,faces,animations,voice work,story and the writing as a whole for that matter. The uninspired shootersnoozefest that is "da gameplay" doesn't even have to be tpuched upon because its literally the one thing thats just ripped off 50 other games and is proven to work
>>
>>376603893
The bugs? I had one in the cargo bay, where you need to open up the door to bay 8. Doors open, everything would die but the objective wouldn't get completed. Had to jump back to a far earlier save to reload the cargo bay.

Second was the Alex cutscene (When you open the door to his hiding spot) not playing, Alex just stood still, not doing anything.

If a game has game ending bugs it doesn't deserve anything over a 5/10. This coming from someone who fucking loved the game.
>>
>>376603784
how the fuck do you not save every room ?
never had the game crash on me tho
>>
>>376604134
Savescumming shouldn't be a requirement for compensating shitty dev practices.
>>
>>376604134
>You should have saved every room in case of this
Maybe, maybe not, but either way it doesn't excuse the bugs being present.
>>
>>376593102
Games journalism is dead because two people gave a game different scores?
>>
File: IMG_1093.jpg (178KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1093.jpg
178KB, 1024x1024px
>>376593862
>more linear
>more side missions
What
>>
>>376604175
True, but it turns an autistic 4/10 into something you quickly forget about.
>>
>>376604175
>I'm a millenial and i have been playing games since 2015 guys, I loooove videogame communities like 4chin! much wow.
>>
>>376593243
No they've been doing this forever. They pick certain weak impact games to throw under the bus to try to maintain an illusion of integrity. Games that are safe to shit on basically.
>>
File: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED.gif (2MB, 398x183px) Image search: [Google]
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED.gif
2MB, 398x183px
>>376593102
>>376595717
slightly triggerd
>>
>>376604118
That stinks to read. Those bugs don't appear to be very prevalent though. I'm not sure the game as a whole should be judged for that, but I can't blame you for being angry at it.
>>
>>376595754
>We lost an fps cover shooter with regenerating health.

Prey 2 would've been worse.
>>
File: 1490654008021.png (187KB, 299x286px) Image search: [Google]
1490654008021.png
187KB, 299x286px
>go to Steam hub of Prey to discuss the game
>see /v/irgins threads like "now that the dust has settled"
>Steam reviewers are paid shills
>/v/ memes spouting left and right in some threads

You guys should stick to your containment board.
>>
>>376593169
TW3 got them scared so now they actually have to try and make a good game
>>
>>376594881
Except when it's Fallout or Elder Scrolls game developed by Bethesda.
>>
File: Dancing_baby.gif (322KB, 200x230px) Image search: [Google]
Dancing_baby.gif
322KB, 200x230px
>>376605064
>bethesdrone so blown out they have to come here to bitch
Shouldn't you be playing TES:O?
>>
>Dan Assblast Stapleton
>Ran into bug
>Bug gets fixed
>Review as if bug was still in place

What a massive entitled cunt. It's worth at least an 8.
>>
File: 656456.jpg (89KB, 1184x404px) Image search: [Google]
656456.jpg
89KB, 1184x404px
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>376605491
Seems legit. :^)
>>
File: 20170507012712_1.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170507012712_1.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>376601534
Hard. With a fully upgraded shotgun + security wepon skill + combat focus though
lol@ your name btw

Meet Mr Glooey McGlooface.
>>
File: 1490469048155.png (139KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1490469048155.png
139KB, 377x377px
>>376605219

I don't play that garbage.
>>
>>376593102
>bug prevented me from playing
opinion
discarded
>>
>>376604380
Exactly. You'll never find them shit on a Bethesda games the same way, even though they've put out absolute garbage consistently for 10+ years now.
>>
>>376605285
That fix wasn't going to bring back the progress he's already lost, the damage had already been done.
>>
>>376600092
>Install a BETA patch
In other words, they don't even know if the patch is stable.
>>
>>376600050
>>376600092
Thanks guys, that actually helped.

You are awesome, Anon!
>>
>>376606797
EDIT: Thanks for the gold kind stranger!
>>
>>376606971
You are part of the problem.
>>
I dun get it.
> killed only criminal guy in a chamber
> saved almost every person
Game doesn't give me pacifist trophy
>>
>>376608891
I can't tell if you're serious or not.
>>
>trying to find Yellow Tulip keycard
>no avail after like 30m of running around crew quarters
>look it up
>bugged operator spawn, if its not there for you, get fucked apparently
Well that is fucking upsetting. Apparently several areas have this issue
>>
>>376609018
Yes I am. Killing this guy is ok and shouldn't affect it since it's only -1 point
>>
>>376593102
>games journalism
>>
File: 1490845845028.jpg (172KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1490845845028.jpg
172KB, 621x621px
>>376595502
Here's what bothers me; even most normal, overly watchful players have beaten this game in half that time. 40 hours is what I expect out of someone on a second or third playthrough, which means either the IGN player wouldn't stop backtracking to every little thing, kept getting lost for excess periods of time with no idea what he should be doing, or kept leaving the game running and accumulating false hours in the background for a playthrough that was technically much shorter.

No average playthrough of Prey should be 40 hours over the course of a week.
>>
What about Skyrim? There used to be so many bugs in the main quest alone that you had to enter console commands in order to proceed.
>>
>Skyrim didn't work on PS3
>10/10
>PC version of Prey has a save bug, that's been fixed
>4/10

Interesting

Can't wait for the 9/10 score for PS4 version, ignoring the input lag & lack of Pro support
>>
This guy gave No Man's Sky a 6/10
>>
Tons of Console games have save corrupting bugs, Dragons Dogma, Skyrim, Skyward Sword, most recently Horizon Zero Dawn

None of them got low scores for it though, this just reeks of the reviewer being a console fanboy

Fuck IGN
>>
>>376604118
>If a game has game ending bugs it doesn't deserve anything over a 5/10

I don't think anyone here disagrees with that. The issue is that game studios have been shitting out mediocre games with multiple game breaking bugs for goddamn YEARS, yet those games never got hit for it. Now an actually decent median between Bioshock and System Shock tanks the low score so many others deserved? Bullshit.

To give Prey a rating below No Man's Sky and Mass Effect Andromeda is insanity
>>
>>376609873
http://it.ign.com/prey-2017-ps4/125125/review/prey-la-recensione?p=3
>>
Been playing on pc since day 1 and had no issues aside from the shit audio.
>>
>>376593102
Because they can't / won't patch it like everything else
>>
>>376611735
>they've already patched it - before the review was even live
>t-they won't patch it
>>
File: 1362484334137.jpg (76KB, 632x640px) Image search: [Google]
1362484334137.jpg
76KB, 632x640px
>>376611735
You're not very bright are you, anon?
>>
>>376594990
Reminds me of system shock 2 running into a wall on full sanic build
>>
>>376593825
>Metacritic is super important

t. zelda
>>
hypothetically, if a game is good enough to be a 9 or 10/10 on its own merit, could it achieve that without bribes, or will failing to bribe automatically lower your score?
>>
>>376597729
>guy did it faster therefore is smarter/better

You then proceed to use headstrong and uncaring in a negative context, despite him obviously being better. Projecting much?
>>
>>376593417
This
>>
File: Unlocking Security.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Unlocking Security.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376594035
It is pretty neat.
>>
>>376594928
>>376597034
BioShock Infinite =/= BioShock

That's like saying Invisible war is representative of Deus Ex as a whole.
>>
>>376613194
in my book prey is at worst 9/10
but this game is nothing like modern AAA games, doesnt hold your hand and further progress relies entirely on how you (want to) play. i think this might be the issue
>>
>>376593309
But the game is great on PC unless you're literally on Windows 95 or something.
>>
>>376594540
no it was a 4 because MaCaffrey is a giant baby who said it was too hard.
>>
>>376593102
i've never seen so much shilling for a game that flopped.
>>
>>376615457
Shill :D
>>
>>376594035
I care because games like this are rare as fuck these days and faggy reviews aren't helping much so we can have more of this shit instead of cinematics
>>
>>376593102
Can't wait to see when this turd starts popping up in 3x3 threads. I'm gonna shit on you so much.
>>
This reviewer is the same guy who literally wrote an article bitching and outright lying about Bloodborne and crying about people criticizing his shit review.
Thread posts: 452
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.