[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played the Yakuza series, looks really interesting and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Yakuza0.jpg (22KB, 250x313px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza0.jpg
22KB, 250x313px
Never played the Yakuza series, looks really interesting and immersive. Is this the right game to start it? All opinions welcome.
>>
Although it's not the best one in terms of story, it's a good jumping off point. Just remember that there will be a lot of call backs to previous titles that will soar over your head. Still, I'd recommend Y:0 to anyone.
>>
If you start with 0 it might be hard going back to the other games because 0 probably has the best gameplay in the series.
>>
0 is my first. I'm not far but it's a little repetitive. I was really digging the story until the character switch. You get encounters all over the map though and they're literally just button mashing.
>>
>>376591042
It's a prequel, so you can start with it if you want, but I recommend starting with the first two games if possible. If you don't want to do that/can't then that's perfectly fine.
>>
Alright guys, thanks for the input. It's looking to be this month's purchase so far.
>>
>>376591748
I get you, but unfortunately I don't have a PS2 anymore. Maybe I can emulate them.
>>
>>376591938
Knock yourself out

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Yakuza

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Yakuza_2
>>
anyone tried 6? I saw some videos on youtube and the game looks so much more open and gorgeous, apparently it's going to take them till 2018 to localize 6, why the long wait I wonder.

I'm also planing to get the remake of the first game but it looks like I have to emulate 2 since there isn't any news of a remake
>>
>>376592052
Ah, now this is the money. Much appreciated.
>>
File: 1433065459270.jpg (69KB, 1282x721px) Image search: [Google]
1433065459270.jpg
69KB, 1282x721px
>>376591938
Just a heads up if you do start with the PS2 games. Y1's combat is kinda clunky and rough around the edges, but if you can stick with it then Y2 will be your reward. Y2 fixes all of the issues with Y1.
>>
>>376592142
some of them timed climax battles were pains in the ass
>>
>>376592324
Not him, but can I just wait for Kiwami?
>>
>>376592324
Noted. I recently played Nier on PS3, I think I can handle some more clunky combat if the rest of the game is engaging. (Not comparing them, just giving another example of rough gameplay)
>>
>>376592138
6 is complete shit for a multitude of reasons, and actually looks worse than Zero.
>>
Is the Tiger Drop in 0?
>>
>>376592460
You can, but in the time it takes for Kiwami to come out, you can probably beat Yakuza 1-3.
Plus, Kiwami adds this annoying mechanic where you gotta grind battles like crazy if you wanna use the default fighting style.
>>
>>376592460
Yes you can. A lot of long time Yakuza fans on /v/ will tell you that its shit and that you shouldn't do it, but thats just nostalgia speaking.
You can start with 0 now and then go with Kiwami.

If you want to experience the way the games evolved though, then its better to start with emulating the older ones. But that would end with the PS3 titles anyway(unless you still have a PS3).
So unless you wanna go all the way, just play 0 and then wait for Kiwami. Then you can see what you wanna do in the future.
>>
>>376592521

explain what's bad compared to zero, as for the graphics can you really say it looks worse than a port of a ps3 game?
>>
File: いらしゃいませ.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
いらしゃいませ.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>376592138
Just play the demo to get an idea of 6, it's disappointing in regards to fighting but it's orgasmic with how open it is and how everything looks. Sadly they took a lot of Kamurocho out for whatever reason so there's not as much to explore. My biggest problem was people guarding attacks while they're in the middle of getting hit while you can't do anything like that at all which causes you to recoil and start over again.
>>
>>376591042
Started it myself recently as a first timer to the series. It has a somewhat slow tedious start, but it really starts holding its own once you get into the second chapter and you start doing all the various sidestories and minigames. Not quite like anything I've played, and even if it's a bit rough around the edges, you're in for a treat if you dig the setting and mood.
A very solid 7/10 for me.
>>
>>376592670
Only 4 and 5 for the PS3, right? Hopefully they're still available in the online store.
>>
>>376592528
No, Kiryu doesn't learn the tiger drop until Yakuza 1. There are moves similar to the tiger drop in 0.
>>
>>376592930
3 is on the PS3, but it's not on the PSN store.
>>
>>376592930
PS2 has 1 and 2.
PS3 has 1 & 2 HD (Japanese), Kenzan (Japanese), 3, Dead Souls, 4, 5, 0 (Japanese), Ishin (Japanese), Kiwami (Japanese). You need to buy 3 physically, it's not on the store.
PS4 has Ishin (Japanese), 0, Kiwami, 6.
PSP has the two Black Panther games (Japanese), only the first one has a translation patch that's close to being done but it's not out yet.
>>
>>376593095
Ah, hell. Gonna have to track down a copy of 3. Well, at least I first have 2, maybe 3 games to play before that.
>>
>>376593393
It's pretty easy to grab it off of Amazon, there was even a restock of 1-4 though now they're like $30-40 instead of the $20 it was going for a year or two ago.
>>
>>376593760
I'm from Argentina, it's... kinda hard to get physical copies down here, without getting too political. (And if you do find them, they're horribly overpriced, think $100 and upwards)

I'll see about buying it off eBay or something when the time comes. Them shipping fees hurt, man.
>>
>>376593938
Ouch, well here's hoping you can find it physically on the cheap side if at all possible. I know how bad pretty much everyone gets shafted when it comes to importing stuff in regards to shipping.

Doing a quick search for you I found this:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-662442094-yakuza-3-ps3-_JM
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-665209553-yakuza-3-ps3-fisico-tomo-juegos-envios-a-todo-el-pais-_JM
Not sure if the site is legit or not but it's a shot.
>>
>>376594226
Site's legit and very popular, it's like an eBay for South American/Spanish countries (name literally means "Free Market").

I'll keep an eye out.
>>
>>376594332
Just don't overpay for 3, it's not the best of the series though it's still fun, but anything more than $40 US is definitely too much.
>>
>>376596597
Gotcha. Thanks for all the data man.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.