[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Humble Monthly bundle worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

is Humble Monthly bundle worth it?
>>
The recent book bundle is definitely worth it.
>>
So far there's always been at least one game that I thought made it worth it, I usually just sell the ones that I'm completely uninterested in and it usually makes the cost pretty low sometimes even profit on it.
>>
>>376579770
NACL!
>>
Depends on the month

The monthly game has to be worth more than it would be to pay for it individually to be worth it IMO like when they did Xcom 2
>>
I just subscribe when the featured game is one I want, and then unsubscribe. If you just do that, it's absolutely worth it.
>>
>>376580068
What do you read your books on? I can't imagin sitting at my PC reading a book.
>>
>>376580338
Yeah, Sodium Chloride
>>
File: bea in the rain.gif (523KB, 1049x1169px) Image search: [Google]
bea in the rain.gif
523KB, 1049x1169px
>got Xcom 2
>got Total Warhammer
>didn't care about The Witness
>or DIRT
>already have Stellaris

Guess I'm putting it on pause for the third month in a row. Only other games I cared about were Black Mesa and This is the Police, but I'm definitely not losing sleep over not getting them for 24 dollars.

If you want the main game that's on sale, sure, get it. But the tagalong games have been incredibly mediocre to "that thing everyone already has" so definitely don't bank your purchase on the bonus games making it worth it. That said, the first bundle did alert me to Hollow Knight with the demo it came with. So that was neat.

My overall advice is to treat Humble Monthly as if it is a monthly sale, not a subscription.
>>
>>376579770
>>376580652
>>376580846
Same person. OP is a shit-poster who keeps posting Jimmy Neutron threads on /co/, sometimes on /v/.
>>
>>376579770
I'd pay a buck for the baseball game, I wanted that anyway. Space game looks interesting but the pixelshit indie goth girl lovecraft shit looks trite as fuck.
>>
>>376581981
Probably a kindle or other e-reader.
>>
>>376582393
is Stellaris good?
>>
File: Capture.png (107KB, 438x191px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
107KB, 438x191px
>>376582915
I honestly don't know.

It's slow to start, combat is not in depth and tends towards one side steamrolling the other, micromanaging becomes a huge pain by mid game but the AI governors are fucking retardedly incompetent. Yet, it's very fun to build a massive Empire, or a little scientific union, and to make alliances, and as simple as the combat is, watching you fleet dance around space firing those fancy new lasers is enjoyable. It's Europa Universales Light but in Space. If you can enjoy a bit of light roleplaying to actually try to create and play as a specific species, you can have a lot of fun with it. My favorite race I made was the Korvalis, who were fanatical materialists that were super about personal rights, so they'd immediately go to war against Slavers and Fascists and the like, while happily trading and building robots otherwise.
I also had a hive mind scientific race that only cared about themselves and viewed other races as tools at best. Mostly isolationists.

And I haven't played it in half a year. There's been significant overhauls since then, so maybe my complaints are null and void.

I had a lot of fun with it either way. But I'm the kind of guy who plays RTSs to build bases and set up patrols but doesn't want to play City Builders because they're boring without combat.
>>
>>376580486
>reads forums all days
>cant imagine reading a book
I think that is more of a (you) problem
>>
>>376583546
This. It's the most fun to RP shit.

I remember when I RPd each of my sectors being its own separate "state" that were paying tax to the central core worlds for military protection. I made a giant fucking "confederation," and I didn't influence the elections at all.

It was a blast, especially when civil war occurred.

I know I explained this like shit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.