[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games you got because /v/ loves but you ended up hating.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

File: persona-5-2.jpg (1MB, 1746x2147px) Image search: [Google]
persona-5-2.jpg
1MB, 1746x2147px
ITT: Games you got because /v/ loves but you ended up hating.
>>
File: image.png (986KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
986KB, 1334x750px
Dark souls , Ocarina of Time , Red Dead , New Vegas, Witcher 3, and worst of all Nier Automata. /v/ never has good taste
>>
File: 492131412.jpg (14KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
492131412.jpg
14KB, 259x259px
>>376578196
OP you are literally fucking retarded if that happened. Why the hell would you buy a game and not even look up online if the game is for you or not?
>>
>>376578586
I read the reviews and shit and I just wanted to try out new games
>>
I really enjoyed the game in terms of gameplay, but I hated the story. The story in the previous two games were silly too, but this one takes the cake in stupidity. The writing was at an all time low and I hated the edgy undertones. The last portion of the game was really bad too. It was boring gameplay wise because there was nothing left to do and the last palace and dungeon were full of puzzles that existed just to try to pad the game's length.

The villains were all one dimensional mustache twirlers that were not even remotely interesting, and the final stretch came out of the left field and felt so forced.

>gotta rebel against adults!
>gotta rebel against society they are all sheep!
>gotta rebel against god! XD

The protagonist this time was the most cringy too as far as self inserts go. You feel like the life force flowing in everyone around you. They can't even survive without you. The dialogue with them is painful to read because of how reliant they are all on you.
>>
>>376578697
But did you bother to even look at the game and tell that it's a turn based jrpg that's heavy on visual novel aspect. I don't think I've ever bought a game that i've ended up disliking because I'm smart enough to know if a game is for me or not.
>>
>>376578196
>/v/ promise you is the best game of the year>
>its a fucking VN
you wot /v/
>>
>>376578586
Too be fair the game was a let down in terms of story and free time. Also fuck the space palace, I haven´t touched the game in like 2 weeks because of the shit.

>>376578781

>The protagonist this time was the most cringy too as far as self inserts go. You feel like the life force flowing in everyone around you. They can't even survive without you. The dialogue with them is painful to read because of how reliant they are all on you.

Dude that happens in other personas too, have you not played them?
>>
>>376578781
>and the final stretch came out of the left field and felt so forced
>gotta rebel against adults!
Dropped halfway through the game when Sojiro and then Sae work with you. The team actually matures.
>gotta rebel against society they are all sheep!
Every single villain goes on about how society passively let them get away with it. You're an idiot for thinking this came out of nowhere. Every single person involved with the school knew Kamoshida was abusive but ignored it because his name was good on their kid's resume. That's shoved down your throat right out the gate.
>gotta rebel against god! XD
It wasn't even god. Again, you didn't pay attention. Yaldabaoth was just the treasure of mementos that gained its form due to all of humanity wishing someone would take their responsibility away. Back to point 2.
>>
>>376579068
Why does everyone complain about the space stationa? Can someone explain to me? The only trouble I had was with those 1 eyed elephant fucks who spam deathbound but after fusing unicorn that shit stopped being a problem.
>>
>>376578196
you already posted, the setting and story is cool, the thing is: i fucking hate turn based combat. that doesnt make the game bad of course
>>
>>376579417
Because it isn't fun. It is universally agreed to be the worst Palace. The enemies are boring, it comes in an awkward transition phase in the game, and the battles against the workers are really tedious due to them all having very specific strengths and weaknesses. It also has hands down the worst boss fight in the entire game. It doesn't help that it comes between the two best palaces in the game.
>>
>>376578396
How's life in the contrarian lane?
>>
File: this cat is BULLSHIT.jpg (85KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
this cat is BULLSHIT.jpg
85KB, 750x734px
>>376579417
the fucking airlocks
>>
>>376579534
>it is universally agreed to be the worst Palace
I dunno, doesn't sound like >>376579417
agrees about that.
>>
>>376578196
I got this game because I loved P3 and P4 and was disappointed in it. I'm not buying any new Persona games until they get a new director and creative producer. The current guy is garbage.
>>
>>376579417
Long ass hallways with NO COVER.
Also shit song.
Kinda loved the boss fight
>>
>>376579417
It´s not that it´s hard it´s just if it was about 20% shorter, didn´t have a half assed boss fight, and stupid puzzle where you have to find the director or whatever, and those fucking cutscenes every time you shut off and restart those moving platforms. It was all around a shit palace.
>>
>>376579571
It fucking sucks I have to admit it's not fun hating on games that people other like
>>
>>376579609
What's wrong with the airlocks?
>>
>>376578396
No, you're the problem here.
>>
>>376578781
>The protagonist this time was the most cringy too as far as self inserts go. You feel like the life force flowing in everyone around you. They can't even survive without you. The dialogue with them is painful to read because of how reliant they are all on you.
You're mistaking 5 for 4.
>>
>>376578196
I should have bought a 3DS and some mainline games or just DDS and Nocturne from the PSN.
>>
>>376578396
just have to agree with new vegas here what a fucking shitshow of a game
>>
>>376579609
?

that shit is easy as fuck
>>
>>376580723
bullshit
>>
>>376579609
>>376579761
I don't like to be that "guy" but the las t puzzle isn't even hard and this is coming from someone who is generally shit at puzzles. Literally just look at your map for more than 10 secs and you'll realize the solution.
>>
>>376579609
Those parts were so linear and you could look at the map to see what doors were open and what levers affected which doors. I can't see how people had trouble with them.
>>
>>376580761
Not that guy but I had no problems with it. Maybe I got lucky when I was at that part.
>>
>>376579609
What about them? I just walked through that section, no problems. Think I turned around a grand total of once.
>>
>>376580860
I´m this guy >>376579761
The last puzzle is the airlocks right? I agree I had no issues navigating that section, it just sucked because pretty much all battles were forced due to lack of cover and narrow ass corridors which was annoying after dealing with that place for as long as we did. It just felt so unnecessary.
>>
How do you end up hating Persona 5? At it's very least it is a competent JRPG with a typical JRPG "chosen one" storyline.

I can't stand The Last of Us. It's a boring movie wrapped around bad stealth and middle of the road cover shooting.
>>
>>376580860
some people have poor 3 dimensional path finding

the airlocks puzzle was the only thing that annoyed me not because it was hard but because it was so annoyingly long in general the space station is the worst dungeon
>>
>>376581257
>I can't stand The Last of Us. It's a boring movie wrapped around bad stealth
So Persona 5 is a fucking VN with 10% at best of gameplay and its the babies version of SMT games.
You can't be more hypocrite
>>
>>376581257
agree with everything except the last of us part that game is legit 10/10 but if you choose to hate it from the start without giving it a chance i could see how someone could hate it simply because of that

desu if it was a pc exclusive it would be on /v/'s top list
>>
Honestly bloodborne. I just don't like it sorry.
>>
>>376578396
I can understand Red Dead, Witcher and Nier, but the rest?
>>
>>376581257
It just feels so much shitter than persona 3 and 4 which i loved so much. I would say its age, since its taken them 8 years to shit out this miserable sequel, but i just replayed persona 3 after beating 5 and still love it. Going to start 4 again in a few months so i dont burn out
>>
>>376581556
>a game gets shittier the longer it takes to develop

More wise words from /v/
>>
>>376581403
Persona 5 is competent at what it does. The only way I could see someone hating it is not knowing it's a turnbased JRPG before playing it but how the fuck does that happen if you browse /v/?

TLoU I expected something like Resident Evil 4, I got slow Uncharted.
>>
>>376581403
Not him but to be fair p5 story is kind of original and TLoU is the most generic zombie story you could think of (only good thing about it was how the infection started). Also p5 had actual gameplay.
>>
>>376581403
Give other Anon a break he likes actual stealth in a game unlike TLOU
>>
>>376581643
you mean you got a better resident evil 4 with more suspense and a better story line that actually surprises you at the end fixed that for you m8 no problem
>>
>>376581635
Well, clearly a million delays and 8 years of time to move on doesnt make good games either. Maybe they should have focused on making a good story with a good cast instead of milking persona 4 with non rpg sequels?
>>
>>376581635
Look at FFXV
>>
>>376581724
No that's deadly premonition you idiot (love you anon)
>>
>>376581672
tell me about the zombie movie that has the exact same story the last of us has tell me about it you fucking retard
>>
>>376581403
Your opinion was invalidated as soon as you called it babie SMT. Although I love SMT, I would not play many JRPGs if they were all difficult atmospheric commitments. Sometimes a light game like P5 is perfect.
>>
>>376581481
The Last of Us is a solid 7/10 for a first playthrough, and is pretty much impossible to replay.
>>
>>376581635
EA blamed the gameplay and open world feeling antiquated in Mass Effect Andromeda on how long it took to release. It would have been the best game of 2015 maybe.
>>
>>376581793
TLOU is the film "The Road"
But with fungus zombies
>>
>>376581790
yeah...fuck me well youre deffinitly right about deadly premonition
cannot argue with someone who likes that game i just cant
>>
File: 1494473279340.jpg (607KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494473279340.jpg
607KB, 707x1000px
>Muh Space Station

Mouse puzzles are infinitely worse, the entire final palace instantly killed the pacing of the game. Absolute shit.
>>
>>376581793
Not that moron, but TLoU rips of the film of Children of Men pretty fucking hard.
>>
>>376581793
You're shifting the goalposts. He said that it has the most generic zombie story you could think of, not that there's another zombie story with 100% identical plot and characterization.
>>
>>376581840
>/v/ is still mad about last of us being better than the walking dead
>>
>>376581793
The story of some special snowflake being the cure? I Am Legend was pretty much that, I´m sure theres a few more out there from the 10,000 zombie movies.
>>
>>376581839
Its a babies version
So much that even negotiations got toned down because Atlus know Persona """fans""" are casual as fuck.
>>
>>376581908
I just finished the ship and I have no idea why anyone hated the mouse puzzles. They were braindead simple and over in minutes. I'm not even sure that they should qualify as puzzles.
>>
>>376581914
children of men? that movie about absolutly no women being on earth except that little kid? what?? what the fuck does that have to do with the last of us? it seems more akin to lisas story line youre just pulling stuff out of your ass m8
>>
>>376578196
Lol Persona 5, blows my mind after years of complaining about "cinematic experience" and aaa "cutscene" but then it suddenly it isnt a problem anymore with /v with a half dating half cutcscene and average rpg combat in persona 5 a game which has more wasted time and cutscenes in it than all uncharted games hell probably all first party sony aaa games released on ps4 combined .... this is /v for you add weeb nonsense and masturbation bait and suddenly they are blind to every and all criticism they themselves throw around, pretty revealing :P
>>
I'm not even sure my hate for TLoU is it's fault. There was so much Zombie over-saturation in pop culture. I'm done with zombie anything for years.
>>
Nioh

Didn't hate it, but the hype on this board was way over the top. Still don't understand the great reviews.

Also: Senran Kagura Burst

Just a shit game. Nothing else to it.
>>
>>376582070
"cinematic experiences" does not refer to games that have a lot of cutscenes. Games like Uncharted don't have many cutscenes at all, and there are plenty of far gamier games that have far more cutscenes than Uncharted.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 500x667px
I think we can all agree that Fallout 4 sucks
>>
Persona 5 is good, but overrated. Has way too many flaws.
>>
Doom is probably my favorite game of the last 5 years. A lot of /v/ said Wolfenstein was as good but that wasn't true for me.
>>
>>376582062
>that movie about absolutly no women being on earth except that little kid
You're thinking of something entirely different.
>>
File: toob.jpg (19KB, 236x419px) Image search: [Google]
toob.jpg
19KB, 236x419px
>>376578196
Nier automata. I'm about 20 hours in and I can't play it for more than half an hour at a time. What a boring game.
>>
>>376582229
No. It is above average and most people think that. A handful of people will disagree in this bred but sales and scores on websites don't lie.
>>
>>376582173
Sorry after years of complaining this excuse now really is some mighty big bullshit and goes against everything. Dont fucking even play stupid.
>>
>>376582415
How is it above average? There's zero roleplaying and terrible writing in a so called RPG, but the game is below mediocre as a shooter as well.

Fallout 4 doesn't succeed in any area.
>>
>>376582229
Building settlements was the only thing I enjoyed in fallout.
>>
>>376582362
but dude le nipon renaissance :D

just like the ps2 ah the days of every game being anime shovelware with a 60 metacritic X3
>>
I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy so this paind me, but Breath of the Wild. I see so many people talking about the near never ending exploration and how amazing it is to just wander to rock formations that catch your eye. What's the point when I know that every interesting thing I find ends in a Korok seed or boring ass trial?
>>
>>376582508
Fanboyism is a strong thing
>>
>>376582604
Especially when it comes to Nintendo IPs
>>
>>376582362
I had to go to the pit near behind the Desert Apartments and fight the endless robot spawns for chips, money, but mainly to fight sleep.
>>
>>376582604
>>376582671
But it wasn't just normal forum fanboyism praising it. Even long time critics who thought TP was meh and Skyward Sword was dog shit talked about how it is the 2nd coming.
>>
>>376582864
Well, it is an open world game. When you get dumped into an open world game you tend to love it and only realize the flaws later on, which is precisely why so many developers make their games open world. It hides the flaws until a honeymoon wears off.
>>
>>376579930
Not that guy. They are both fucking self-inserts man, grade of cringy is up to you I guess.

>>376578781
I'm enjoying the game, but for me the main problem is that the game drags a lot in various areas especially compared to 4.

Dungeons in general feel like they drag too much either by crappy puzzles or backtracking (the only one I felt more or less escapes this is the pyramid until now). Story also feels like a drag specially when you get a target and don't get a choice of what to do for various days(especially before Kaneshiro and Okamura's dungeons).

Villains after Madarame felt really lacking due to lack of interaction with them, they end up becoming plot devices rather than characters.

>>376579417

It drags a lot and has an uninteresting villain
>>
>>376583223
I didn't say 5 wasn't a self insert, I was referring to how 4 is definitely worse with people relying on you to exist, everyone sucks your dick at all times in 4.
>>
>>376582864
Isn´t TP and SS universally regarded as okay/shit?
>>
>>376582508
Because exploring is fun.

You shouldn't even play open world games if you don't get a thrill from literally just going and seeing things and places.

Nothing upsets me more easily in a BotW discussion than powergaming wierdos who think games are all about rewards.
>>
>>376583374
Every fucking SL in 5 does the same regarding to you. Also team members are still way too fucking dependent on you.
>>
File: 1482987936504.jpg (14KB, 231x285px) Image search: [Google]
1482987936504.jpg
14KB, 231x285px
>Get Nintendo Switch with BOTW and MK8 because why not i got a job
>BOTW was fun
>MK8 felt sluggish but alright
>that's it
>no more interesting games out there for months
>play 2 games for just 2 and a half weeks
>tried to join the MK8 /v/ lobbies
>its full of manchildren and cringy teenagers
>most of them sucks ass
>Went back to PS4

I'm still baffled that you fucks were blindly praising this fucking shit heap of a console.
>>
>>376583550
I didn't say that wasn't the case. I said 4 was WORSE in this regard.
>>
>>376583374
In 4 it makes sense, in game and thematically how the game is more of a cozy slice of life adventure than a gripping tale in anime land.

In 4

>you save people from getting mauled by their shadow
>give them an epiphany and help them accept themselves
>have a group of friends at your side who also encourage the lost person
>further befriend them in social links
>upbeat, poppy music and bright menu aesthetics further enhance this feeling

The only people who cry about 4 being friendly and more laid back are butthurt SMT shitters who are made that not every atlus rpg is the same thing over and over again
>>
File: Nintoddlers.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nintoddlers.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376583556
>expecting /v/intendoGAF to be unbiased
>>
>>376583380
I loved TP and really liked Skyward Sword for making the overworld more puzzle-like. Breath of the Wild is boring though. I hope next time they put an actual Zelda game in the middle of that open world.

>>376583542
The best Zelda's have had that exploration along side traditional game things like dungeons. BotW feels like they nailed the Zelda 1 overworld feeling in 3D and said "meh we will get the dungeon part next time.".
>>
>>376583639
Oh, so you're just a retard who is going to go full ad hominem instead of form an argument. Glad to know we're done here.
>>
>>376578781
>>gotta rebel against god! XD
Welcome to literally every ATLUS game.
>>
>>376583798
Actually, i want to thank you for showing yourself to be a retarded mongrel who cant read so i dont have to waste any more time replying. Back to neogaf bud
>>
I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it but I certainly don't like it. I can see why it's favoured by so many but it just doesn't resonate with me.
>>
>>376583556
MK8 Deluxe is the best racing game Nintendo has ever put out.
>>
>>376581556
>5
>shittier than 3 and 4
Its 3's equal and shits all over 4. Hows it feel to have terrible taste?
>>
>Automata
>Witcher 3

Fuck you all.
>>
>>376578196
Nier Automata. Shit wasn't bad but tremendously overrated on /v/
>>
File: 1457756899630.png (923KB, 1011x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1457756899630.png
923KB, 1011x1088px
>>376578396
Of course the fag that uses kissanime has shit taste.
>>
>>376581839
Lol but only for weeb games apperantly what a fucking joke the jrpg combat isnt even good or anything special and the only difficulty you get out of it is being unlucky with enemie groups focusing on the main loser. Sorry there is no defending persona5 after the billions of "cinematic bullshit" and cutscene complains every non weeb game gets on here.
The more you try to excuse this APPARENT double standard the more stupid you will look.
>>
>>376584008
I don´t get the love everyone has for 3, is it nostalgia? I admit when it was new it was great but 4 was just a straight up improvement and I actually enjoy the upbeat atmosphere more than emo city
>>
Csgo
>>
>>376584332
4 was an improvement gameplay wise, but I found 3's characters and the dark hour to be more interesting than the tv world and the investigation team.

Plus no Teddie. Felt real fucking good to go back to 3 and be rid of his annoying ass.
>>
>>376584517
I hated how 3 made the party members feel like regular NPCs with repeatable dialogue so many days.
>>
>>376584517
I found the characters of 3 to be like cardboard cutouts and tartarus was complete shit. I admit Teddie was an annoying cunt but I still like him better than Morgana.
>>
>>376585226
And I disagree with you on every single point. But thats cool.
>>
>>376585371
That´s your opinion and I respect it and have no intention of trying to convince you to think differently. Enjoy your game anon
>>
File: 1494453041613.jpg (2MB, 1512x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1494453041613.jpg
2MB, 1512x1512px
Gameplaywise P5 is better than P4 and P3. Storywise it's much weaker than 4 and 3. In Persona 5 there's no real stake or danger for the main cast or at least not until the very end of the year. In P3 the characters had no choice but to go to Tarturus or else a shit ton of people were going to die at the end of the month and get killed shadows. In Persona 4 there friends would get kidnapped so they had no choice but to go into the tv world or else they'd die. These teens actually felt afraid and wish they didn't have to go through all this bullshit but they gotta do it or else people would die. In Persona 5 other than Kamoshida, MC, Ryuji and Ann had no reason to continue being phantom thieves. They avoided getting expelled and brought this asshole to justice in there school. They could have gone back to being regular students and had live normal lives but no they wanna be super heroes and go out looking for trouble and they keep doing this in hopes of being famous until it eventually bites them in the ass. I'm not saying this is necessarliy a bad thing I just the reactive plotline over the proactive plotline in P5.
>>
>>376579417
I only dislike it because it's not thief related unlike every other palace
>>
>>376580761
It's literally linear. If you follow the locks and press every switch you come across you will without fail clear them
>>
>>376583721
Shrines ARE like dungeons.

I much prefer this structure to the previous style which amounted to nothing more than a slog of puzzles with little downtime or variation. BotW could have used one or maybe two dungeons that felt more "Traditional" but in general, I fucking love how shrines take that puzzle experience and spread it out in a more tolerable way.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.