[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Dark Souls 3 get so much hate on here? It has a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 80

File: das3.jpg (1MB, 1370x2047px) Image search: [Google]
das3.jpg
1MB, 1370x2047px
Why does Dark Souls 3 get so much hate on here? It has a lot of fantastic areas and landmarks.
>>
Its shit

Combining all the gameplay elements of every souls game does not make a good game. Period.
>>
BB fedorians that need to justify that they used their grandmas christmas money on a ps4
>>
>>376577773
What's shit? I thought it was really strong aesthetically and basically played somewhere between 2 and Bloodborne, which isn't amazing but still good.
>>
>>376577628
it's too easy
>>
>>376577628
For me, it's the level design. DaS1 made you change your play style for every area. You can't survive Sen's Fortress if you flip around, but it's the definitive playstyle for anor londo. Plus, all the shortcuts and connectivity was awesome. The lower movement speed also made it more challenging.
>>
Second worst pve in the series. Everything is about the pvp which is shit.
>>
>>376577991
>really strong aesthetically
Its horribly overdesigned and edgy
>>
>>376577628
hard games tend to receive so much hate
hence why das1 is so praised along with many movie games
>>
>>376578552
>overdesigned
What do you mean? What is?

Also, I thought a lot of locations felt like 3D renditions of classic paintings. I also like small things like your first strike with a two handed ultra forcing the enemy to lose balance, the two handed combat felt better overall to me and like it had more weight in this game.
>>
>>376578428
Ironically, invasions are a bigger risk than ever because of gank squads
>>
>>376578351
There is not a single area with better designed shortcuts/connectivity than Cathedral of the Deep.
>DaS1 made you change your play style for every area.
This is not true. DaS can be broadly divided into open areas where you do basically whatever you want (Undead Parish, most of Anor Londo, Darkroot Basin/Garden, and a bunch of New Londo Ruins), 'tricky' areas where you have to proceed cautiously to avoid falling to your death while being harassed by enemies (Blighttown descent, Catacombs, segments of Anor Londo and New Londo Ruins, and maybe Archives) and 'watch out for parts of the floor' areas (Izalith, Blightown) where you are planning your movement from section to section because some of the terrain is hazardous.
>>
People get on BB's ass for being monochromatic but holy shit everything in DS3 is some varying tone of gray. Like in the TRC you go to olde firelink but every brick is boring gray like the life was sucked out of it. The older games had moss and cracks to make it truly look like an old shithole but here its just all grey.
>>
>>376579274
The open areas favour rolling. Blocking the giants' attacks is idiocy. Same goes for rolling on those narrow platforms in Sen's fortress and blighttown.
>>
File: DS3.jpg (135KB, 1079x1404px) Image search: [Google]
DS3.jpg
135KB, 1079x1404px
>>376577628

>A-Team(Hidetaka Miyazaki) & Japan Studio
Demon's Souls(2009), Bloodborne(2015)

>A-Team(Hidetaka Miyazaki)
Dark Souls(2011)

>A-Team(Design Hidetaka Miyazaki) & B-Team(PvP Balance Changes Isamu Okano, Yui Tanimura)
Dark Souls 3(2016)

>B-Team(Tomohiro Shibuya, Yui Tanimura)
Dark Souls 2(2014)

Also:
>Crucifix Woods Swamp
>Farron Swamp
>Cathedral of the Deep swampy bottom floor.
>Smouldering Lake swamp.
>Irithyll swamp.
>Profaned Capital swamp.
>Consumed King's Garden toxic swamp.
>Ringed City swamp.
>Dreg heap swamp
>>
>>376578819
But that doesn't make anysense, none of the Dark Souls games are remotely hard.

>I've met people that think it's a super huge accomplishment to beat a Dark Souls boss on the first try
>Most bosses are easily beatable in one go, and even the arguably hardest bosses (midir and orphan) shouldn't take more that 5 tries

come on /v/, you guys are at least decent at video games, right?

>inb4 "muh summons", "muh over leveling"
The only summons that are slightly excusable are ones needed to advance NPC questlines, and over leveling is never an option.
>>
>>376577628
what boss is best boss in DS3?
>>
so does DS3 have a boss that is better than Ludwig or is he still the king?
>>
>>376580250
Haven't gotten around to TRC yet, but Sister Friede is pretty great
>>
>>376580250
Nameless King, Soul or Gael.
>>
>>376577628
Because it's a lazy, rushed cash in by Bamco instead of the proper goodbye game that it should be.
>>
>>376580358
I like Nameless more, but i also like Manus more than Lulu as well so take that as you will.
>>
File: 1493728560387.jpg (32KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1493728560387.jpg
32KB, 429x410px
>>376577628
Get to Farron keep and ask again, Its like having to do Blighttown 2 hours into Ds1, If Blightton was 4 times bigger.
>>
>>376580250
My faves are Midir and Gael. They're at a very reasonable difficulty all while having plenty of mechanics as well as just really bombastic and impacting art design and direction.

Midir also brought back great memories of when I first fought Sihn. It was really cool, especially because I killed him mid dive with a Sunlight Spear.

>they will never add Veldstat's armor or the disc chime to DS3
it's fucking aweful, they brought that shitty ruin sent armor, but not the true Paladin gear. I also miss the DS2 R2 for DSS
>>
File: hila klein.jpg (65KB, 470x576px) Image search: [Google]
hila klein.jpg
65KB, 470x576px
the vast majority of levels, dreg heap and ringed city included, are just literal straight lines from start to boss with a few tiny side alleys that have an item in them and give the illusion of exploration.
>>
>>376577957
DS3 is on ps4 retard
>>
enemy variety is pathetic

thralls
>>
>>376577628
DaS3 definitely plays better to me then DaS1/2 but i can't enjoy it more then DaS1 just because its gameplay isn't truly amazing in the grand scheme of games and it lacks what made me like DaS1 and even 2 to a degree.

Its atmosphere is crap. No area gives me any vibes whatsoever and i don't feel that everything is dead and fucked feeling i do even if the world is like that.
>>
>>376580586
I still don't get the hatred for Farron Keep.
It looks cool, has the goat men, which are fun to fight, has the giant goat men that are even cooler.

And it's easy to get to the first fire you have to shut off, and from that point, it's easy to get your bearings. That being said, fuck the Basilisk in that area.
>>
>>376580250

Sister Friede and Gael are in pretty much everyone's Top5
>>
>>376580250
Gael. Just beat him yesterday and shit was amazing. I really loved Ringed City, but it fucking sucks as a mage.
>>
File: Reeeee.png (371KB, 832x868px) Image search: [Google]
Reeeee.png
371KB, 832x868px
Let's talk about locations, In order.

An ashy ruined area.
A Grey city/castle
A Grey city/castle
A forest.
A Grey city/castle
A forest.
A swamp.
A Crypt
A Grey City/castle
A swamp.
A light grey city/castle
A Crypt
A Grey city/castle
A Grey city/castle
A Grey city/castle
A swamp
A Grey city/castle
A Grey city/castle
An ashy ruiend area.

BONUS ROUND DLC

SNOW
SNOW
SNOW
SNOW

SWAMP
A Grey city/castle

Now let's talk about build diversity.

I'll post the top ten weapons in order

A longsword
A rapier
A longsword
A longsword
A longsword
A longsword
A rpaier
A longsword
A longsword
A longsword
>>
>>376580614
That's true to all games though.
>>
>>376580807
>Goat men are fun to fight
Not the faggots who only jump in the air onto you

>Giant goat man
>spams spells while you struggle through knee deep mud

I disagree with you anon but we can still be friends
>>
File: buggs.jpg (64KB, 274x268px) Image search: [Google]
buggs.jpg
64KB, 274x268px
>>376580442
But that's what all of the souls games are.
>>
>>376581072
You forgot

ANOTHER FUCKING CATHEDRAL
>>
File: 88230998[1].jpg (52KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
88230998[1].jpg
52KB, 640x360px
>>376581072
Fuck you I love snow areas and wish we got more. Cainhurst was the the best area in BB.
>>
>>376581072
>that area list
Are you talking about BB?
>>
>>376580880
Honestly hate Friede. Loved Gael though. Friede phase 1/2 are just drivel especially to repeat and phase 3 is nothing but a sloppery Maria that feels inconsistent. She dodges out of stagger and sometimes doesn't. She sometimes does 1 spin and other times does it like 4-5 times in a row and then leaps away for no punish. She has a extremely annoying AI

Id say top 5 were Gael Midir Nameless Pontiff and Yaoi Bros in no specific order.
>>
>>376579670
Yes this is thematically appropriate
>>
>>376577957
I used my grandma's life insurance money on a ps4 anon
>>
It's Bloodborne-Lite for those that don't have a Ps4 covered with a sprinkling of shallow nostalgia pandering.
It's a polished, but very shallow and soulless game.
It's basically the "The Force Awakens" of the Souls series.
>>
>>376581387
That's going a little far anon
>>
>>376577628

For every fantastic area, there is a swamp to go with it. For every castle area, there is a catacomb.

DS3 has the best mechanics and gameplay of the series, but the main game is such a slog on your next playthrough. There is very little room for sequence breaking, yeah you can access some late game area's pretty early but you can't progress much farther then them till the late game.
>>
>>376577628
Because it, along with DS2, never needed to happen. DS3 is pure fanservice. Doesnt even attempt to build its own world and lore, it spends too much time referencing other games then totally half asses its own original story and as a result everything feels dead and meaningless.

Bloodborne was better in every way because it was fresh with no stupid references. New IP's is what they excel at, Miyazaki knows this which is why he didn't want to make any more Dark Souls.
>>
Nothing really stood out to me mechanically or in regards to level/art direction. The game feels so lifeless and there's the least amount of replayability of all the games due to the lack of player choice and weapon variety. Nothing feels new or interesting. The development team took no risks at all. The animations are stiff as well, especially compared to Bloodborne. Weapons don't feel as satisfying either. The gameplay is its greatest problem though. When in combat, the player is either spamming roll to avoid a combo or trying to get the first hit, so they can spam the attack button to stunlock the enemy until death. The game was clearly just an afterthought for easy money and it shows in nearly every regard. (There are some good bosses and levels tho)
>>
>>376577957
I used to shitpost about BB until I actually played it.
I feel sorry for you anon. Missing out on the best Soulslike game by far.
>>
>>376581072
>Locations
>If I simply everything to the most basic elements I can make it all sound boring

By that logic, BB's snake forest is just the same shit as DS's forest

>top ten builds
Any build is viable in PvE, and most shit is viable in PvP if you're good.
>people claims miracles and sorc is unviable in pvp
>stomp people left and right with both while soloing
>once ringed city comes out, me an my friends stomp out people even harden in Arena
>>
Are there any unofficial patches people should get?
>>
>>376582047
BB's forest is objectively the worst area in the game though
>>
>>376582047
Magic and any weapon with split damage is garbage in pve. Straight swords are the most viable weapons by far and anything else requires too much effort.
>>
It's cool, great game as all Souls games are. I was just honestly disappointed by how linear it was how and how uninteresting a few of the areas were and how easy and/or dull some of the bosses were. Both times I beat it, maybe a year or so apart, I was really disappointed to discover that I had almost zero interest in playing NG+. And then to add insult to injury I read that NG+ has barely any new content, which made me even less interested.
>>
>>376580614
Off the top of my head:
Cathedral of the Deep
Farron Keep
Crucifixion Woods
Catacombs of Karthus

all fail to meet your criteria. I'd also include Irithyl personally, since you've got a number of ways to go that are significantly wider than 'tiny side alleys' but I'm sure you'd disagree.

>>376581072
>High wall of Lothric and Anor Londo are the same things aesthetically.
Want to look at DaS? I picked out:
Dilapidated stone buildings (asylum)
Dilapidated stone building (shrine)
Dilapidated stone buildings (burg)
Dilapidated stone buildings (parish)
Dilapidated stone buildings (depths)
Swamp (blightown)
Lava swamp (demon ruins)
Dilapidated stone buildings (fortress)
Dilapidated stone buildings (anor londo)
Dilapidated stone snowy buildings (painted world)
Forest (gardens)
Forest (basin)
Dilapidated stone buildings (londo ruins)
Dilapidated stone buildings + Lava Swamp (izalith)
Books (archives)
Crypt (catacombs)
Crypt (tomb of giants)
Dilapidated stone buildings (kiln)

Wow, looks like From just can't design varied or unique locations at all.
>>
>>376582225
>Magic [...] is garbage in pve
"I'm retarded" is quicker to type and gets the same point across just fine.
>>
>>376582225
What the fuck are you talking about, I've run the game multiple times, my first time being a Faith user that didn't go for more than 20/20 in Str, Dex and went for 60 faith (to use the GFS), and the game was a breeze. Sorc and Pyro runs remains some of the easiest shit to do, along side GS runs.

Every weapon is easy to use in PvE and majority of shit is good in PvP.
>>
I think you're all missing what really made DS2 and especially DS3 shit and boring.
Obsession with PvP balance.
Every weapon in DS3 feels the same. They all do basically the same DPS. When some shitty early game straight sword with a magic buff does the same DPS as the end game Fiery Demon Clitoris +33 it kinda rips all the enjoyment out.
Whenever I get some fancy DLC weapon with a spinny slashy weapon art I'm impressed for a few seconds then realise that its totally useless and functionally its literally the same as every other weapon of that class.
Whenever something fun pops up like the Twin Greatswords it gets nerfed immediately because the PC community is fucking cancer and they whine about everything.
"All builds are viable!!" isnt a good thing. The best RPG's are always unbalanced as fuck, like FF7 where you can quite literally beat every enemy in the game without even pressing a button with the right Materia setup. OP shit is FUN.

Demons Souls and DS1 were unbalanced as FUCK and they were FUN.
Bloodborne is unbalanced as fuck and ITS FUN.
>>
>>376582614
Magic was godlike in demon souls and dark souls unpatched. If you really thing magic is good in 3 then you never experienced what it was really like.
>>
>>376577957
are you talking about the money the Grandma got for Christmas?
Because that's some fucked up shit.
>>
>>376582730
I did experience what it was like, it was way too OP and made the game a fucking joke.
>>
>>376582713
>OP shit is FUN

Fucking this. I'm really disappointed that the other souls games didn't really have something like the BKH, Gravelord Sword, Drake Sword, etc. that completely bust your run. It's genuinely fun to be able to 3 shot Gargoyles and Queelag, and if I wanted a challenge I just wouldn't use them, simple as that.
>>
>>376581072
But the top weapon currently is the cancer Twin Greatswords
>>
>>376582974
That's exactly what is missing in 3.
>>
>>376582730
Magic is still OP in dark souls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNxLwegvvqA
>>
File: 232151.jpg (330KB, 1280x1400px) Image search: [Google]
232151.jpg
330KB, 1280x1400px
>>376577628
>The game is complete garbage, I have an objective ranking

Bosses
BB>DS2>>>DS1>DS3>DES

Music
BB>DS2>>DES>DS3>DS1

PVP
DS2>>DES>>DS1>>DS3>>BB

Story
DS2>DES>DS1>>DS3=BB

Lore
DS2>DS1>DES>>>DS3>BB

Level design
DS2>DS1>DS3>DES>>>BB

There is no doubt that DS2 is the best, Why do people hate on DS2?
>>
File: 1494006085891.png (4KB, 232x266px) Image search: [Google]
1494006085891.png
4KB, 232x266px
>>376583625
>>
>>376577628
Its a terrific game other than having to hear whiny neckbeard fanboy virgins complain about it.
>>
>>376583706
>pictures
You look like a Retard
>>
>>376583625
Music is
BB >>>>>>>>> DS2 DLC >>> everything else

The rest of your lists are garbage
>>
>>376583625
>Why do people hate on DS2
why? DaS2 is the best soul game
>>
>>376583625
BB has by far the most interesting lore
VattiFagya notwithstanding
>>
>>376584009
I never understand why BBfags always say Bloodborne has the best story. None of them really have a story
>Shields are bad
Shields are fine
>>
File: calculated.jpg (59KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
calculated.jpg
59KB, 500x352px
>>376583625
I would like to shit on you for having terrible taste, but the harder I think about DS2's story, the better it sounds to me. However, I'm also told that thinking too hard leads to aneurysms.
>>
>>376583940
>>376584009
meme opinion
>>
>>376577628
DaS3 has solid individual areas, and overall its actually a really solid game.
It just never manages to come together in the way that DaS and DeS and even BB do.
Yeah, DaS has some shit parts, but it has enough that are fantastic that its easy to ignore Lost Izalith etc. There's enough variety and the world is open enough that generally you can always find something to be doing that will be enjoyable at any given point in a playthrough.

In 3, individual levels are fine, but they're really not that different from each other. On the first playthrough its generally less noticeable, but on subsequent ones you regularly find places where you finish one thing and think "Man I really don't feel like doing any of the next areas"

Also, it has some places that suffer from a weird designed-to-look-good-from-the-air philosophy or something. Like that picture there, it looks really cool, but actually playing that area is pretty weak. Its just a narrow path with no real view or anything and a big damage sponge dragon with shit AI jumps down. You can actually get to every area in the picture, the top of that building is where havel is, you can drop down that gap to find GMB, etc, but its really not that interesting to actually go through.
>>
File: 20170504205358_1.jpg (376KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170504205358_1.jpg
376KB, 1920x1080px
>>376583625
>Level design
>DS2>DS1>DS3>DES>>>BB
nigger what? that's the biggest shittiest bait i've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMFDummTtp8
This is just one example of awful fucking leveldesign in the game
It's still a guilty pleasure for me to play it from time to time
>>
File: 1484037320541.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1484037320541.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>376577957
Bloodborne is the most overrated game on /v/.

As someone who's an actual fan of the whole franchise that didn't start with Bloodborne and then pretend I'd played DeS and rank it high: here's a better look:

Including ALL DLC:

DaS2 > DeS > DaS > Bb > DaS3

Before you rush to respond in your retardation, just remember:

• PVP is a weak point in the series but Dark Souls 2 SotFS has the best online experience of any game when it comes to Co-Op and PVP

• More people have pretended to play Demon's Souls than maybe any other game on this board. Most of those people started with Bb.
>>
File: IMG_8075.jpg (124KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8075.jpg
124KB, 1024x576px
>>376577628
Because it's a straight fucking line.
Because it reused more assets than it brought to the table
Because it's too self-aware
Because you can roll 12 straight times with half the stamina it took to roll 5 in Dark Souls.

Because it takes the worst aspects of BB like mobs and OP stamina, and omits the best aspects of DaS like being able to upgrade your character and equipment at any bonfire and having to earn warping, and even the good stuff from DaSII like power stance.

Not to mention it makes magic completely ass for PVE and PVP.

DaSIII is without question the most uninspired poorly designed over budgeted entry in the series. It made me lose a little respect for Miyazaki since he said the game was made to his preferences and it makes it look like Dark Souls was more of a beautiful accident.
>>
>>376584640
stop this nonsense!
>DS2>>>DS1>>BB>DS3>DES
>>
W o r k i n g
A s
I n t e n d e d

Also they ruines ultra weapons so gg From
>>
>>376584640
While I was playing DS2 the first time I always held the notion that, for whatever reason, all the kingdoms had moved down a level in the structure of the world, since it would make some sort of sense that all the giant stone pillars were old archtrees and Earthen peak was built into one. Where Lordran was in DS1 would be Iron Keep in DS2 and where Drangleic was in DS2 would be the Ash Lake in DS1.
>>
>>376577628
>It has a lot of fantastic areas and landmarks.

Which would be nice if they all weren't all just grey and brown.
>>
>>376585139
I'll never understand why From removed the leveling up at any bonfire mechanic from their subsequent games. It especially doesn't make sense for 3, as you earn warping right away, so the only real difference is increased tedium and loading screens.
>>
>>376585139
>Because it's a straight fucking line.
Thank fucking God

The interconnected world meme belongs in the trash
>>
>>376577628
It has a lot of things worth criticizing and Dark Souls 2 is no longer the last Souls game; this is.

I just answered your question and you owe me a blowjob. It better not 'feel' like a free one either.
>>
>>376577628
Personally I really like the game. The gameplay is representing the setting really well. The end is near and the time is shitting itself. Dark Souls 3 is basically a mash-up of all other Soulsborne games (Bloodborne influence is especially strong), a giant love letter for the series and for the fans.
>>
>>376580250

Either Freide or Gael. Leaning toward Freide, just because of the way the fight progressed. The fake out before phase 3 is brilliant.
>>
>>376580358

It's got a couple who are at least as good.
>>
DS2 had comfy areas.

I've replayed that game so many times and it's a great feeling running through the areas again. Dark Souls 3 just feels like a drag to start up a secondary character
>>
File: 1402858572813.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1402858572813.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>376583625
>>
File: 1462811873960.jpg (1MB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1462811873960.jpg
1MB, 1920x3240px
>>376585139
finally found the fucking picture i was looking for. forgot my original point, but this pic still stands.
>>
ITT: DaS3 shills who have never played Bloodborne and praise copy/pasted boss attack patterns and enemy AI
>>
>>376577628

It's a fine game, but it's not a very fitting conclusion to the series.

Gameplay is way faster than DeS, DaS, or DaS2. It didn't retain the interconnected world design that previous games built up and were praised for. It last a lot of weapon and build variety. It revisited too much from DaS without really building on it. And it raised a lot more questions than it answered.

It's a lot of fun the first or second time, but it doesn't have the longevity of DaS or DaS2.
>>
>>376580880
Friede is a shit Lady Maria ripoff with 3 health bars.
>>
>>376586561
it's funny they're praising gael when he's a discount orphan of kos
>>
>>376577628
Now that I think of it, most of my problems with the game stem from online functionality. As a single-player game, it's pretty good.

Matchmaking being based on weapon reinforcement AND soul level was worse than soul memory.
>>
>>376577628
I hate DS3 specifically because of how people treat DS2.
As long as they keep shitting on DS2 I'll keep shitting on DS3.
>>
>>376586872
Dark Souls 2 is fucking shit
>>
DaS3 is a good and solid game but in every way, it feels uninspired unlike the rest of Soulsborne games.
>>
>>376577628
Eh, I feel like it's a 2 steps forward, 1 step back thing. I do think it's probably the best overall game in the series, but it had some shortcomings in areas that previous games did better.

My primary grievance is the weapon balance, including infusions and buffs. Until very recently, and even still in part, heavy weapons, primarily strength ones, were just underpowered as hell. Greathammers weren't shit. Anything that can one-shot someone gets completely nerfed (RIP FUGS), because they decided that instead of buffing the tiny health pool to allow for harder hitting weapons to shine, they'll just nerf 'em until they barely do more damage than their straight sword betters. They went and expanded on the variety of infusions, which was nice, but scale and twinkling weapons cannot be infused for whatever reason. On top of this, splitting damage is almost universally garbage that reduces overall damage in 90% of scenarios. Scale and most twinkling weapons also cannot be buffed either, and in addition, only 4 infusion types are buffable, for whatever reason. The buffs themselves have gone back to being based solely off spell buff rather than scaling off innate damage of the weapon, which heavily favours faster weapons.

Secondly, the game is a lot more linear. It's mostly a straight path with few branches. The level design is on point, and the world connects nicely, but it doesn't have that layered jigsaw puzzle connectivity 1 did, and it doesn't have the option of paths open from the beginning 2 did. I also didn't like that Firelink was disconnected from the rest of the world, same with dark Firelink and the final boss area.
>>
>>376581891
why do you assume I havent played it? I have and I just dont prefer it

>chromatic aberration and frame stuttering make it a visual disaster
>blood vials are not a good system compared to estus
>setting is really cringy but that is pretty subjective
>bosses and music were more climatic in DS3

on its own BB is a great game but DS3 was just better. I am convinced everyone who acts like BB is a holy grail is doing it to justify buying a playstation 4 as if it is some kind of buyers remorse mental gymnastics
>>
>>376584836
This nigga right here gets it. PVP not being a focus for FS has always been a mistake since a solid 20% of their community ONLY buy these games for PVP.

SOTFS did so well because it actually took the time to try and improve onlineplay and PVP.
>>
File: 1484891998833.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484891998833.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>376586872
> DaS2 fans know their game is garbage and only stick up for it out of spite
>>
File: chris everett.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chris everett.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>376584640
level design =/= unrealistic world design

complaining about the transition and not the fucking LEVEL DESIGN of iron keep and earthen peak is like complaining that ash lake is well illuminated despite having no light source.

compare the 3 lava levels in the souls games from a LEVEL design perspective: demon ruins/izalith, old iron keep, and smouldering lake

old iron keep is 10 times better than demon ruins/izalith and smouldering lake together. Even the Old Iron King which isn't the best boss is still leagues ahead of the other bosses in those areas.
>>
>>376578552
>DaS3 being overdesigned and edgy
>but let's forget about all the edgyness in the previous entries
The only other game that looks better from an aestethic point of view is Bloodborne. And if have to rate the games by aestethic then ds1 and demon souls are dead last.
>>
You cannot be sane and have a full functioning human brain and put dark souls 2 over all of the other entries in any aspect save for *MAYBE* the pvp variety. You cannot have functioning neurons and put DS2 at the top of the "story" ranking or the level design ranking.

This is universally agreed upon.
>>
>>376578552
>>376578840
perfect example of someone who actually plays games and someone who is a /v/ drone.
>>
>>376586726

Maria had shoes on though, fucking gross.
>>
>>376587246
I'm talking about the fight.
>>
>>376587141

>comes into a thread about everyone hating dark souls 3

>LOL ERRYONE KNOWS D-D-D-DARK SOUSL 2 IS SHIT HAHAHA EBIN Xd
>>
>>376587202
Why don't you make some arguments against it then? What a boring post.
>>
File: 2017.02.11-20.38.jpg (350KB, 1567x661px) Image search: [Google]
2017.02.11-20.38.jpg
350KB, 1567x661px
>>376577628
Dark Souls 3 brought back what I had come to expect from Souls level design. The areas had a excellent sense of scale and use of vertical space. They felt like interconnected parts of an organic world, rather than the "video gamey" hallways we got with Dark Souls 2. I really appreciated that it took a page from Bloodborne, and divided every single bossfight into phases, with attacks and patterns that varied throughout. It made every boss feel unique and purposeful.

Bloodborne>Dark Souls>Dark Souls 3>Demon's Souls>I don't really care about other.
>>
>>376580250
Midir and Champ
>>
>>376587302

And im talking about delicious barefooted waifus being superior in every way, keep up
>>
I beat scholar of the first sin for my ps4 today. It felt like a fucking chore save for a couple of moments. It was slow, floaty and didn't have any souls feel to it at all. I found it more similar to lords of the fallen than any other souls title. Gangs of enemies, the game being designed around the "it has to be difficult" meme, the blocky, poorly planned levels (except no man's wharf, i like that), it's just a disaster.

After having officially completed all souls games I'd rank DeS and DaS3 over DS2 in every aspect any day of the week
>>
>>376581279
My snow nigger.
>>
>>376587402
I don't care how much cuter Friede is, she's a ripoff fight.
>>
File: 1483565467174.jpg (27KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1483565467174.jpg
27KB, 640x638px
>>376587331
nigga, I didn't bring 2 into this. They volunteered those salty tears.
>>
>>376587163
ds1 has the best atmosphere
>>
>>376587350

Because you will use the same tactics DaS2 defenders have been using since every other souls game raped DaS2 in terms of quality. You will try to justify DaS2 piss-poor designs by deflecting the question back to dark souls and how lost izalith is shit. You will try to deflect criticism by straight up saying retarded shit like that DaS2 level design is better than the ones in other souls games.

After having played every game, I've made up my mind. I'm not interested in debating why dark souls 2 is so fucking shit from the "le prepare to die XD" grandmas to the very end. There's just too much shit to point out
>>
File: 32556790.png (467KB, 995x789px) Image search: [Google]
32556790.png
467KB, 995x789px
>>376580807
>It looks cool, has the goat men, which are fun to fight

>Ghrus
>fun to fight
>>
>>376580807
Farron Keep is probably one of my favorite areas in DaS3, but really? Fun to fight?
>>
PVP tourneyfags ruined Souls.

No more Scraping Spear or LMAO2KAT fun. Everything is the same and no fun allowed.
>>
>>376587406
Even the bosses for the most part felt shitty. Even the good bosses like Fume Knight, Old Ivory King, and Sir Alonne pale in terms of quality compared to Artorias, Ludwig, Gael, and False King Allant
>>
File: lord of hollows questline.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lord of hollows questline.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376587892
Reminder that they actually no jokes nerfed this spell's range because of pope and jap antics
>>
File: every_hour.png (286KB, 619x597px) Image search: [Google]
every_hour.png
286KB, 619x597px
>>
>>376587956
allant along with most DeS is archaic garbage and artorias is the most overrated fight in the series
>>
>>376577628
just toxic ds2 fanboys buttblasted that this game is better than ds2 and that ds2 is still the worst game in the series by far
>>
>>376583625

Close, but you're way off.

>Bosses
BB>DaSIII>DeS>DaS=DaSII

>Music
BB=DeS>>DaS=DaSII>DaSIII

>PvP
DaSII>>DeS>BB>DaS>>>DaSIII

>Story/Lore
BB=DeS>DaSII>DaS>>>DaSIII

>Level Design
DaS>BB=DaSII>DeS=DaSIII

>Overall
DeS=BB>DaSII>DaS>>>DaSIII
>>
>>376588318
>just toxic ds2 fanboys
Okay, let's make this thing very clear: There is no such thing as a DS2 fanboy. Nobody, fucking nobody will even pretend DS2 is in any shape or form superior to the other games, barring Demon's Souls maybe. The most excessive thing someone will do is proclaim that maybe DS2 wasn't as bad as everyone says.
>>
last month i brought a ps3 for mgs4 after that i started buying games id missed out on over the years, you guys memed me into dark souls so i purchased it for the ps3, the first play through i had skipped my shield and werent happy with my broken sword and nearly rit the game off, second play i quit after being kicked by the guys in the grave yard then the other day i realised the mistake i made by buying the ps3 version instead pirating the pc version when the dragon stormed that bridge

>/v/ was right
>>
>>376588472
I like it
>>
>>376588512
Here's your (You)
>>
>>376588497

DaSII>DaS>>>>>DaSIII
>>
File: The Fire Fades Edition.jpg (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Fire Fades Edition.jpg
530KB, 1920x1080px
>>376577628
>Dark Souls 3>Dark Souls>Bloodborne>Demon's Souls>Nioh>SotFS
Personally, I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the game, Dark Souls 3's theme and aesthetics are the best in the series.
>>
File: leafs ds2.jpg (309KB, 1758x962px) Image search: [Google]
leafs ds2.jpg
309KB, 1758x962px
>>376588497
they are just leafs, they have shit taste, and are the worst posters of this site. i know that because of /vint/
>>
File: 1494353930143.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494353930143.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>376583625
>Level design
>DS2
>>
File: STOP.png (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.png
24KB, 300x300px
>>376587163
>The only other game that looks better from an aestethic point of view is Bloodborne. And if have to rate the games by aestethic then ds1 and demon souls are dead last.

Human form makes you literally catch on fire, DS1 and BB have the BEST aesthetics you fucking pleb shit

Such shit fucking taste

The entirety of DS3 can be described as a swamp level, shit all over the place for no actual reason other than looking "cool"

People will shit on Bloodborne for this yet Bloodborne has more color and style than DS3 could fucking hope to have.
>>
>>376588318
It was definitely a better last game in the series.

Before DaS3 came out, people just played DaS if they wanted the characters and lore present in the game, and they wanted to watch Gwyn's world burn and experience the main story in a coherent and deeply rewarding way.

DaS2 was very clunky and you only played it if you wanted something entirely different, and in that sense it carved out a niche much like Bloodborne.

DaS3 on the other hand, takes you to a deeply confusing and dystopian version of DaS1's world, where everything you loved in DaS is gone, including everything in DaS2. It somehow manages to both cheapen DaS' story and be a terrible sequel to DaS2 at the same time.

Good game or not it is an extremely unsatisfying end to the series.
>>
>>376584836
What's your opinion on Nioh? I'm considering my next gaming purchase.
>>
>>376588970
>and they wanted to watch Gwyn's world burn
no i wanted everything to be fine because i'm not an anti-gwyn vegan
>>
>>376577628
Bunch of contrarian kids hate anything popular to fit in, how new.
>>
>>376581072
The ol' "reduce things to the most basic description to make them seem dumb" tactic
Classic move anon, a true fundamental
>>
File: 20170508095023_1.jpg (787KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170508095023_1.jpg
787KB, 2560x1440px
>>376580250
Friede and personal favourite being the Abyss Watchers.

Also this entire world in the snow was really comfy.
>>
>>376581802
I always though DS3 had the strongest story. After seeing two complete cycles they gave worlds from different cycles folding in on each other, it really gives you the sense that the linking of the fire is spiralling out of control.
>>
>>376587995
>tfw missed out on these shenanigans because i waited for the Fire Fades Edition before buying.

what a shame
>>
DaS is the best simply because you can just sit down at a bonfire to get rid of your souls
>>
File: 1488604473642.jpg (1MB, 900x8500px) Image search: [Google]
1488604473642.jpg
1MB, 900x8500px
>>376577628
It makes DS2 look like China counterfeit goods, I hate it
>>
>>376589661

But it's a step backwards from the story of DaSII.
DaS already implies the cycle will repeat, DaSII takes us to the logical conclusion of trying to end it after an indeterminate number of cycles.
DaSII had moved past Light and Dark and was about seeking an alternative.

DaSIII focuses the narrative on choosing between Dark and Light again, it doesn't contribute anything.
>>
File: 1463807111423.png (588KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
1463807111423.png
588KB, 1000x714px
>>376590159
>DS2 is one of those chinese knockoff games like not-overwatch
>or not-tf2
It all makes sense now

No really it does. It never rang true as a souls game. It's literally just shadow souls:return of spiderfellow
>>
>>376577628
Because the story is extremely uninvolved outside the immediate connections to DaS.

It also retells a lot of DaS1's story even though it was perfectly condensed to the game, so instead of making people actually play DaS to experience it, they tell you the whole fucking story, while at the same time not providing a compelling new experience of it's own. It seriously cheapens DaS1's story a lot.

And they don't even touch DaS2's story when that's the one that actually needs retouching and opening up.

Aside from that is the sense of progression, more specifically build progression. You are literally stuck with maybe two choices in builds until you beat the game to grab actual decent spells/miracles and farm gems. You're just gimping your character unless you go quality right out of the gate.
>>
File: dark-souls-3-1-2.jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-1-2.jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
I unironically enjoyed the fuck out of DS3. I got to play alot of bosses with my best bro, and we did alot of pvp even though it was broken we had some funny moments. one time this guy invaded my world and was waiting for me on a cliff by the swamp and i managed to sneak up behind him and kick him off the edge.

I thought the art direction and designs were amazing. there were many moments that evoked feelings i never experienced in a video game before. I particularly got some feels from going to Untended Graves, and also doing the darkness ending. no game has ever made me feel this weird sense of like, solemnness and sadness over it.

Am i a pleb for fully enjoying DS3 and making it my GOTY of that year? i feel like it was an amazing game. I like the other souls games too, but the storytelling and overall tone of DS3 really resonated with me.
>>
File: 1494305205502.png (976KB, 848x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494305205502.png
976KB, 848x1080px
>fuck up my character late game through rosaria fingers and not knowing what to do
>been waiting since september for steam friend to give me a pale tongue
>Still haven't gotten it
>>
>>376580614
>hila klein
This file name angers me
>>
>>376581105
Not in my experience.
>>
File: Dark City.jpg (134KB, 1000x452px) Image search: [Google]
Dark City.jpg
134KB, 1000x452px
>>376577628
The Fire Fades
>>
>>376591060
>Dark Ring.jpg
>>
>>376591060
oh fuck
I never noticed that subtle thing
>>
File: soul-of-ornstein.png (8KB, 102x120px) Image search: [Google]
soul-of-ornstein.png
8KB, 102x120px
>>376591060
this light reminds me of the souls of the light beings whatever they are called
>>
>>376590197
Have to disagree, I think the game is pushing that the fire isn't an option anymore, in the ending where you link the fire you get a pitiful little spark, kinda implies the fire is going to to die out on its own eventually

The usurpation of the flame and completely extinguishing the flame are endings we've never really seen
>>
>>376581279
I hate snow areas. Snow sucks.
>>
>>376591838
Yet every developer loves to put them in games
>>
>fantastic areas and landmarks
>posts another dull grey smear from an angle the player never sees
>instantly reminded of that Godawful wyvern boss fight and what happens to your camera when you stand under the smaller

The game level design starts off so strong but is basically shit once you reach Faron swamp.
Like they just gave up.
Dungeon is ok but holy fuck it would be nice if there was a little bit of color besides 5 seconds of Irithyl.
>>
>>376591838
no it doesn't
>>
>>376577957

Don't start console wars. I have PC and PS4 and I love BB and DaS3. The people thata hate on DaS3 are the subhuman contrarians that think DaS2 and DeS are the best souls games, I would beat the fuck out of them irl.

BB:TOH > DaS3:TFFE > DaS:PTDE > DaS2:SOTFS > DeS

Factual ranking, not up for debate.
>>
File: Old_Knight.png (464KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
Old_Knight.png
464KB, 598x369px
>>376585774
I saw a couple of similar rooms in parts of High Wall that I also saw in Forest of Fallen Giants.

You also have the Giant tree just outside Firelink shrine, which is of course, just behind Lothric Castle.

So taking into account the possibility Lothric was built over Forest of Fallen Giants, that would have to place Majula just about where Profaned Capital is, right? Interestingly enough you also find Laddersmith Gilligan dead there.
>>
File: black-iron-armor-set-large.jpg (94KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
black-iron-armor-set-large.jpg
94KB, 600x609px
>>376587210
You mean like one of these?
>>
File: Dark Souls 2 by DinoDrawings.png (868KB, 900x889px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 2 by DinoDrawings.png
868KB, 900x889px
>>376586501
Is there a better graph for Dark Souls 2? It's design isn't... it doesn't fit with the other 2, ya'know what I mean?
>>
File: Fashion Souls.png (185KB, 250x412px) Image search: [Google]
Fashion Souls.png
185KB, 250x412px
>>376587210
>>376593626
Or like this one?
>>
>>376593161
No

Majula would be Undead Settlement. It quickly grew into a lively town following DaS2 and became a safe-haven for Undead who lost their memory of how to get home, much like in the game, and in the concept art of Majula that showed a busy town brimming with citizens. The settlement grew bigger and bigger but the amnesiac citizens all went hollow.
>>
>>376580807
It's a big shitty swamp with enemies and items randomly scattered throughout where the only difficulty comes from not being able to fucking move, which just isn't fun to go through. Not to mention it comes right after another shitty swamp area.

DaS had blighttown, but you could just use a ring to negate it, and even if you didn't have the ring, getting to qulaag from the bonfire was easy because they didn't put a ton of obnoxious enemies in the way.
>>
>>376594259
>but you could just use a ring to negate it
Right, because everyone goes back to the asylum before going to blighttown
It's not like Farron keep is hard to breeze through either, if you're really annoyed by the movement speed you can just use a weapon with quickstep
>>
File: IMG_3400.jpg (381KB, 1333x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3400.jpg
381KB, 1333x1334px
>>376587163
>demon souls are dead last.
Only true patricians can appreciate the aesthetics of Demon's Souls
>>
>>376586501
>DaS2
>you can have 7 first bosses
>DaS3
>you have 1
Why is DaS3 such a piece of shit game?
>>
File: IMG_3402.jpg (80KB, 640x880px)
IMG_3402.jpg
80KB, 640x880px
Pump-a-rum, pum-pa-rum!
>>
>>376594950
Dam son looks cool as shit.
>>
The main problem with farron keep is that it just isn't interesting, content wise or visually.
Lower Blighttown was smaller, but had a lot more stuff going on. There were the shitty mosquitoes to harass you, ogres throwing boulders if you got too close to one side, the pillars offering relief from the poison, the area with the bonfire and the arena looking place with the dragon scale in it, the alcove full of slugs, the big spider nest, and the archtree branch/root to the great hollow. The whole area actually has a lot of color to it, despite being mostly dark greens and browns they're really rich and every time I walk out of the tunnel to the Valley of the Drakes I'm stuck by the difference in lighting and palettes.
Farron Keep is just a big, flat, brown and grey mess full of brown trees and grey rocks. The goats are brown and grey, the towers are grey and brown, the swamp takes on a greenish-grey in the places where it slows your movement but is still mostly grey and brown. And its essentially just a big empty circle with random shit dotted around it. There are no real landmarks or significant recognizable features, but it also isn't complicated or big enough for it to actually be confusing or labyrinthine in an interesting way. The whole place just looks and feels samey and dull, it isn't particularly fun to play through and the lore for it isn't particularly interesting. Its just a big poison swamp because the game needed a big poison swamp.
They didn't even manage to do anything visually interesting with the fires. Imagine if instead of putting out the fires you were lighting them, and the area started dark as fuck but lighting the beacon revealed the area around it and pointed you in the direction of the next one.
>>
>>376595107
If you ignore the tutorial boss, which really you should since otherwise both DaS1 and DeS only have 1, it actually has 2. Dancer and Vordt.
Still pretty shit, but at least its accurately shit.
>>
DaS 3 is better than BB in every possible way.

Better bosses
Better levels and the design
Better variety of weapons and armors and shields
Better fashion
Better story
Better lore
Better OST
Better performance
Better PvP
Better mechanics
Better challenge (not casul dumbed down trash like BB)
Better online
Better everything

You are just mad falseflagging faggot because BB is already forgotten garbage that no one cares about outside of /v/ and diehard sonyfags while DaS 3 is alive as fuck and everyone plays it.
>>
>>376594950
>>376595398
Not a fan of piercings of any form, but the hair color and the tats are pretty nice.
>>
File: 1471462029788.jpg (26KB, 481x291px) Image search: [Google]
1471462029788.jpg
26KB, 481x291px
this is why and the DLC changed nothing
>>
>>376580250
Midir by far
>>
>>376590670
I thought you can't trade covenant items?
>>
>>376595934
You obviously haven't played Bloodborne then, because half the bosses and enemies in DaS3 are ripped straight out of it. Killed all their impact for me.
>>
It gets hate from fags who played DS1 first. I started with DS3 ans am now playing DS1. I'm no longer surprised when I am call a shill.
>>
>>376580250
Soul of Cinder Phase 1 is probably mechanically and thematically the best boss in 3. Gwyn phase is fine, they wanted to get the Gwyn fight that they intended in 1 in, I can respect that.

Gael is basically Guts and given Berserk's level of influence in DaS I can respect that, too.
>>
>>376595934
>states conclusions without any supporting evidence
Have this free (You), though.
>>
>>376578552
>uh i cant explain it but here some buzzwords since i am a massive shitlord
>>
>>376595723
The whole forest is walled in and flooded, with green growth on all the stone including the wall encircling it. It looks like the entire forest was submerged in seawater at some point. For Aldritch and his whole 'Deep' thing maybe? And there's a gigantic fucking bridge in the middle of it.
>>
>>376577628
The newest game in every franchise is hated on by /v/ until it become unpopular
>>
>>376583625
A perfect example of a special snowflake contrarian opinion. Great post, my dude!
>>
>>376577628
Every level is a rehashed idea
Barely any new weapons/armour/spells
No new mechanics (WA doesn't count, unique special attacks on L2/R2 is not a new idea)
Story is a total mess
Worst DLC in the series
>>
>>376595934
>Better bosses

Actually no, you can´t just make an overdesigned boss with cheap ass movements and 329042348^99 forms just to make it interesting it just feels empty.

>Better levels and the design

Nope, 60% swamps, 10% reused models and some interesting area (like the early Archdragon or maybe Irithyl)

>Better variety of weapons and armors and shields

There are more indeed, but there is no variety on builds since most of the weapons are shit and only the less stamina and more dmg dealers win the fights.

>Better fashion

Well, if you are 15 it´s cool i guess. I prefer a sober style like DeS or DaS, maybe the style from BB but it doesn´t fit here.

>Better story

LEWL´D

>Better lore

Lore was shit, and that´s the main failure of the game. Are you a Redditor?

>Better OST

Epic chants doesn´t make an OST good, i bet you like Powermetal.

>Better performance

True actually.

>Better PvP

Could be true, but it just polished in terms of conectivity, in balance and diversity it´s worst.

>Better mechanics

Hit until he dies. Wew lad.

>Better challenge (not casul dumbed down trash like BB)

It´s not a challenge, dont be delusional.

>Better online

You repeated this one.
>Better everything

Not a fact actually.
>>
>>376596207
How about people who played any other Souls game first

>>376580586
>>376580807
>>376595723

Even though I'm completely done giving DaS3 get ouf jail free cards, Farron Keep is probably the best level in the game for me. It actually mixes up the aesthetic in an interesting way and has real exploration.

It's still a poison swamp level, but still.
>>
>>376577628
Minority ds2 babbys crying. And by minority I mean 2.5 shitters on /v/ who shitposting every second of their miserable life here
>>
>>376577628
Literally the best souls game. I love it more than BB.
>>
>>376596637
Nice formatting idiot
>>
>>376577991
ds3 probably looks the worst of all the games anon. I can't think of anywhere that stands out except irithyll and the actual ringed city. Even 2 had more interesting places.
>>
>>376595723
>Imagine if instead of putting out the fires you were lighting them, and the area started dark as fuck but lighting the beacon revealed the area around it and pointed you in the direction of the next one.
People would complain about it for the next ten years
>>
>>376580250
I give my vote to the Demon. Arena was gross and really big to deal with two of them, even when he is making the big orb of fire or the fire rain spells you can just move around and try to avoid it. Besides, fight was interesting as fuck and intended to play with that Patches 2.0, so no big deal dealing with 3 forms.

Midir was cool at first when he shows up, but then he turned out into a big HP pool with a final 1249124914 blow to make it feel more epic.

Guts was just another dumbless humanoid with that 10 hit combo and you just need to wait to hit him once.
>>
>>376596703
Why can't you acknowledge that the fanbase is just split? Does it have to be a big conspiracy?
>>
>>376596207
I've played souls dince 1 in 2012 and I'm smart enough to admit the evolution of series and superiority of 3 over other gsmes in ANY aspect. So its
Ds3>ds1>ds2 for me. Only awful hipster nostalgia cucks denies this fact.
>>
File: TEoOjgH.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
TEoOjgH.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>376596859
The only one that actually looks better than DS3 is Bloodborne
>>
>>376596937
You have to play Bloodborne before DaS3 to truly understand what makes it so cheap.
>>
>>376596937
>Only awful hipster nostalgia cucks denies this fact.
not really helping your argument here
>>
>>376596982
we aren't talking about visuals we are talking about aesthetics, of course the newer installments will look graphically better than shit from 6 years ago.
>These games are focused on collecting souls and growing stronger
There I can state a pointless and arbitrary fact too.
>>
>>376595934
Yes and no.
Bb is better in level design and gems system + chalice dungeons gives it some sort of additional content, but since you can't respec your char it's kinda lame way to hide the fact that bb lacks replayability - tons of shitty wpns is the main reason also. Which is why ds3 is better in this important aspect
>>
Because while Dark Souls 3 is mechanically very good, it takes more than that to make a game that leaves a lasting impression like the first one. When it comes to NPCs, boss designs, world design, lore, it just falls short. Dark Souls raised the bar so much compared to Demon's Souls in those areas whereas DS3 just regressed back to DeS levels.
>>
>>376597130
Oh I played it. But we're talking about souls here, not BB. And even than bb is weaker than ds3.
>>
File: Map_Background1_1485171627-min.jpg (896KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Map_Background1_1485171627-min.jpg
896KB, 3840x2160px
>>376597139
Of course I mean aesthetically, Bloodborne is not on PC after all
>>
>>376580610
Midir is actually the worst boss
>>
>>376597137
I don't care. I'm typing from my iphone and besides ppl already stated why ds3 is better before me
>>
>>376597415
spotted the baddie
>>
>>376597415
Baby.
>>
File: IMG_3478.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3478.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
Imagine if DeS and DaS1 had actually been finished to their full potential
>>
>>376583249
Top weapons are pontiff knight curved sword, demon's scar, some longswords and splitleaf GS(a halberd)
>>
>>376597473
yeah dude you're so hardcore for beating the game , dark soul 3 is sooo hard, soo difficult, i totally died a thousand time to midir and am just mad.

Or maybe the fire breath is a poison swamp tier gimmick with no counter play that dark soul doesn't want to either fix or remove
>>
I just wish they didnt hold the hosts hand so much in terms of invasion. I lost interest in this game after my 2nd playthrough and 50ish invasions. Theres just no point. The game is too linear and has zero replayability.
>>
>>376596918
I can see a babby who cheesed midir by hiding underneath him instead of standing like a real man right next to his face and slamming the shit out of him with dragonslayer axe
>>
>>376597263
>b-but I played it

I'm not buying it.

No sane person would say DaS3 is better than Bloodborne, especially having Old Hunter's under its belt, which has the most brilliant collection of boss encounters, fights, and music in the series.
>>
File: 2017-05-10.jpg (593KB, 1500x1686px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-10.jpg
593KB, 1500x1686px
>>376577628
>BB>=DS3>DS1=DES
Amazing Aesthetics only Bloodborne can match
>>
>>376597634
Cry more, scrub. I can see your struggle by hitting his legs like a retard and eating that fire breath constantly while failing to reach his tail
>>
>>376597634
>fire breath
>no counter play

Anon...
>>
>>376597849
wow dude realized that hitting dragons' heads deal more damage than their legs are you some sort of pro gamer ?? XD it's not like every single player realized that when facing nameless king teach me your way i soo need to get good ahaha
>>
>>376597942
>run until you're out of range or get hit

it's bearable in new game but it gets midly annoying in ng+5 when it one shot you
>>
File: 1465099431424.png (24KB, 492x475px) Image search: [Google]
1465099431424.png
24KB, 492x475px
>trying to learn enemy attack patterns in this game

It's impossible, I swear to god. Enemies can string together such varied combos, it's impressive but makes fighting them without getting hit practically impossible because it seems they can change their moveset on the fly. There should always be a specific tell for a specific move/set of moves, but that just isn't the case here.

Enemies can stop their combos with no tell whatsoever, meaning you're likely gonna miss the chance to strike. They can also have very varied attack combos with idential tells, so you're never really sure how to approach when you see the attack start and just have to sort of hope that you're guess is right. The game relies WAY more on twitch reactions than any of the other games (even BB) ever did. I think that's why they made rolling so OP, and also why you get 15 +10 estus.

In DS1 if I get hit by a boss it's normally because I fucked up. In DS3, I feel like I just sort of have to tank damage in every fight because that's the way they balanced the combat.
>>
Once and for all.

BB:
+ best level design
+ gems
+ chalice dungeons
- no replayability
- 90% of armory are trash
Ds3:
+ best bosses among all from games
+ best ost
+ boss weapons, great armory
+ respec, replayability
- level design is ok

So its really up to you what you prefers most. I choose DS3
>>
Demon's is the comfiest Souls game.
>>
>>376598063
>no counterplay
>well suddenly there is counterplay unlike I said but the attack does a lot of damage when I'm too bad to do the counterplay

Well, I'm sorry to hear that, but you could just, you know, get good and run away from the incredibly slow telegraphed attack.
>>
>>376597986
I'm talking about you scrubs who cheese shit instead of fighting shit proper way
>>
>>376598163
There's an autist who beat every boss without rolling or blocking (or getting hit)
>>
>>376598163
All the attacks still have tells, it's just not as obvious as DS1 or 2 , and you can stagger bosses in DS3
Rolling is really lenient too, and in my opinion the bosses don't have enough health or hit hard enough (on NG at least)
>>
I think its just mostly souls fatigue by this point. It didn't help that Ds3 tries really hard to be a sort of a love letter to the rest of the series by including bits and pieces from all of them.

Ds3 is a pretty good game, but you'll never bring back the magic you once felt from the first souls game you played.
>>
>>376598283
sl1 as well
>>
>>376598283
How is that even possible? I know I'm probably just shit at this game because it's much faster paced than previous DS games, but I can't fathom how you'd beat Nameless King or Twin Princes without rolling, blocking, or getting hit.
>>
>>376597530
I used to see the models that they didn´t implemented in DeS, like that giants from the broken archstone, snow citadel, werewolves, etc...

It could have been so fucking great.... what a pitty that Sony fail so hard with it.
>>
File: Bloodborne_20160529071538.jpg (256KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_20160529071538.jpg
256KB, 1280x720px
>>376577628
>>376577628
>The best Dark Souls games but lacks a unique touch.
Bb>DeS>DaS3>DaS>>>>>>>>shit2
>>
>>376580250

Gael, Champion Gundyr or NK

Its a shame they made champ parryable, cause its a frenetic fight otherwise.
>>
>>376598373
Google it. Also, sl1 ng+7 Midir no rolling, blocking or sprinting
>>
>>376597831
You do realise ringed city is on the same level as old hunters, dumb sony boy? Bb has more weak sides than Ds3. You're defending it only cuz it's an exclusive and has better level design. That's retarded since souls games are about not only exporing, but fighting bosses too. And in that aspect bb sucks ds3 dick.
>>
>>376598234
He's not exactly wrong if his only point is that Midir's fire AoE has little or no counterplay. That's not a countermove. It's just running out of range. It doesn't really discredit Midir, but it's mostly true.
>>
DS3 is my favorite in the series.

It has the best looking environments.
though I actually think bloodborne looks better the issue with bloodborne is you are forced to play it at a low resolution at a horrid framerate.
The fact that ds3 is perfectly smooth and everything is in high definition looking crystal clear puts it slightly above bloodborne for me.

but i'm all about environments and atmosphere, more so than most people are.
>>
>>376598483
Don't use parry then, retard
>>
>>376598484
That´s why they failed. DeS and DaS doesn´t were difficult, it was not the point of the game, the exploration and story was it.

So when you realise that every boss is making X moves you learn them and then play safe, so there is no risk involved in that fight anymore, it´s just a matter of time for you to rekt them, and since they have tons of HP the fight gets boring, i mean, like Gapping Dragon levels of bore. But you also got the story.... which is 90% reused and 10% non conclusive shit.
>>
>>376598642

I never parry him because I enjoy the fight very much, I'm talking in general terms fucking faggot.

Theres a lot of people who dont realize how good that fight is becayse they parry him
>>
>>376598558
Too bad the old hunters has twice as much content
>>
>>376598283
>mfw watching a 0-hit run right now

I cannot comprehend how people can not only master a game so thoroughly, but also keep a cool head under pressure like that for three fucking hours and manage to consistently avoid a barrage of incoming attacks the whole time. I'm happy if I make a run from a bonfire to fog-gate without getting hit.

I really need to git gud, shit.
>>
>>376598589
Explain what "countermove" even fucking means in your own mind and how the other boss attacks have it while this one doesn't.
>>
>>376598709
he's also helpless against a greatshield

champ = phase 1 gael
>>
>>376598558
Old Hunters has better PvE than Ringed City as well. It doesn't have blatantly visible areas you can't explore and it doesn't end in 5 seconds so exploration isn't nearly as short-lived. I also remember old hunters being better to fight than ringed knights.
>>
>>376598709
Why would you even care about those faggots..
>>
>>376598589
Every dragon boss has had a move like that
>>376598847
At least Gael gives you time to estus
>>
>>376577628
Because /v/ is filled with contrarian faggots whose favorite entry in a series is invariably
(most recent title - 1)
>>
>>376598745
Well since they made 2 in 1.. then you should add ariandel to RC as well
>>
>>376598889
They both have this exploitable jumpslam attack which gives you time to do anything you want
>>
>>376598896
Then explain this:

>System Shock 2>1
>Fallout 2>1
>New Vegas>3>4
>Divinity OS>1-2
>Dead Space 2>1
>DeS/DaS/BB>DaS2-3
>>
DS2 apologism should be a bannable offense.
It derails threads worse than /pol/ crossposting or posting porn
>>
>>376598872
Lies, lies, lies.. will you stop this bullshit?
Rc has the same amount of content.
>>
>>376598790
>Explain how the other boss attacks have it while this one doesn't

First of all, 'countermove' means exactly what the two words combined mean.

Second, do you have some sort of disability that causes you to just not fucking read what people say to you? Genuinely curious because this is like the third time this has been explained.

You can't roll the attack. You can't parry the attack. You can perform basically no combat functions to avoid the attack. Just run out of range. Running isn't counterplay.
>>
>>376599263
Who the fuck is even talking about Dark Souls 2?
>>
>>376598872
Honestly the PvE was a let down in Old Hunters, the areas are extremely regurgitated and a lot of the mobs were extremely easy and not challenging. At least Ringed knights were somewhat aggressive and punished mistakes.
>>
>>376599428
You played Old Hunters overleveled.
>>
>>376599315
>avoiding something by rolling somehow counters it more than avoiding something by running
>and let's just disregard how you can just safely chain roll out of the attack depending on your position and stamina

Did you think about how the reason you need to explain this over and over to people might be because you're less intelligent than a fucking animal and what you're saying doesn't even remotely make sense? Because you really should.
>>
>>376599464
I only played Bloodborne with its release but that's irrelevant, the mobs simply aren't challenging. The villagers, slugs etc are slow and predictable. Compare that to the locusts even and they look pathetic.
>>
>>376599075
You're still being a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>376599608
>Let's just disregard

I'm not.

Oh, and the rest of your post is just red-herrings.
>>
>>376588707
agreed. there was a retard in a thread a few weeks back claiming that das3 was a prequel to das2 and that you're playing as vendrick the whole time in das3.

Refused to listen to reason.

Also idiots that think Aldia is anything meaningful or did anything noteworthy.
Just watch, some uneducated fucks will reply to me defending "muh aldia".

An anon made some great points in a thread a to why Aldia is one of the weakest characters in the series, and I agree wholeheartedly that Aldia is pure pretention, and verbal fluff with no actual meaning behind his words.
>>
Dark souls 1 > dark souls 3 > demon souls > blood borne > armored core series > anything else > dark souls 2
>>
>>376596296
Not him but neither of those are buzzwords, I don't think you understand that term.
>>
>>376599819
>I didn't disregard that! t-those are just red herrings! you're just reading it wrong, I'm right!

Sure thing, you pathetic retard. Run along now unless you have an argument.
>>
>>376581891
Gonna have to disagree with you there mate. BB was easily my least favourite souls game. Enjoyed it less than DS2. The boss fights were so fucking boring and everything about the mechanics just seemed like a step in the wrong direction to me.

My favorite souls game is DS3 though so I clearly differ from /v/ in terms of what I value in a souls game. For me bosses and areas are number 1. Everything else is secondary. Don't give a shit about PvP or lore.
>>
>>376586501

I feel like the people that post these conveniently forget we also had the H map for Dark Souls 2 in which the same point was trying to be made.

You can make anything look simple if you draw it simply.
>>
>>376599974
Stay 100% mad autismo. I'm here all week.
>>
>>376595398
Jesus Christ anon, I just got back from the gym and I am rabid beast level of horny right now.

Let me get a source
>>
>>376599992
most would say BB is one of the best souls games for bosses. Not much in Ds2 compares to Gascoigne for an early fight. Compare that to the dragonslayer in tower of fire or rotted greatwood. Obviously entitled to your opinion but just saying bosses aren't the weak point of BB.
>>
File: 1421357247225.jpg (45KB, 363x381px) Image search: [Google]
1421357247225.jpg
45KB, 363x381px
From can only do spiritual sequels. Every numbered souls game is trash.
>>
>>376598359
On the plus side the dlc pretty much confirmed the series is over. So I doubt we'll have to deal with any of that canon anymore. You can tell they genuinely wanted to end it. Bloodborne was a testament to how much more enjoyable these games are when it's a new canon each time
>>
>>376599992
>The boss fights were so fucking boring and everything about the mechanics just seemed like a step in the wrong direction to me.

Way to tell people you never played the game.
>>
>>376599974
Not the anon you're responding to. you have a problem.
>>
>>376599945
"I like rehash and fanservice out of the ass"

DS1 > DeS >> Any DS2 DLC >> BB > DS3 >> DS2
>>
File: 1486171419961.jpg (87KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1486171419961.jpg
87KB, 640x633px
>>376599992
>My favorite souls game is DS3
>BB was easily my least favourite souls game.
>The boss fights were so fucking boring

An DS2fags?
>>
>>376600635
Yeah, seeing dumb fucks like you polluting the board is indeed a problem.
>>
>>376600740
Seek actual help.
>>
>>376600556
BB wasn't anymore nejoyable for being new canon. Half the bosses are the same werewolf or are essentially just versions of bosses we've seen before or that pop up in Ds3. Ultimately people prefer the medieval mythological theme to 16th century which is pretty narrow in scope.
>>
>>376598359
The whole fatigue angle doesn't make sense when everyone loved the shit out of Bloodborne.
>>
>>376577628
>does nothing new, other than weapon arts which are hit or miss
that's literally it, every item, every boss, every area is "hey, do you remember this from a previous game?"
>>
>>376600831
It was a different aesthetic at least

Also exclusive to my favorite console so I have to defend it to death
>>
>>376599992
I don't think that's that far fetched of an stance to have. Bloodborne and ds3 bosses feel different in very specific ways imo.

Ds3s feel like a halfway point between 2 des and bloodborne. They put more emphasis on gimmicks and phases while adding more aggressiveness.

Whereas most of BB is pure over the top adrenaline based reactionary fights, the bosses all feel like they're enraged beasts or genuinely blood drunk humans.

Looking at gerhman, Ludwig, kos or Maria and compare them to demon prince, Gael, Frieda and lorian and his trap brother. They're not vastly different, but it's noticeable nonetheless.

I like them both and I love the similarities and differences. Playing them back to back is really enjoyable
>>
>>376595398
Give me more
>>
>>376585139
>Because you can roll 12 straight times with half the stamina it took to roll 5 in Dark Souls.
That's objectively wrong. You can roll infinitely in 3 because by the time you finish rolling you have enough stamina to roll again.
>>
>>376600830
I think it's all gonna come down to preference and how much you can immerse yourself. I'm a big lore fag so the vast difference in boss aesthetic, dialogue, areas and speed increase in the combat felt like night and day to me. however I can fully understand why BB would do nothing for someone who is already fatigued by that point.
>>
>fugs is the second heaviest weapon in the game
>fugs has the second highest level requirement of any weapon in the game
>fugs has the second lowest damage of all ultra greatswords
>you can hit twice with a longsword in the time it takes to swing the fugs once
>the two longsword hits deal 50% more damage than the single fugs hit
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 272x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 272x186px
Imagine a world where DaS never got a PC port...
>>
>>376601172
>>376595963
>>376600349
https://imgur.com/a/hEewz

The girl is someone named PorcelainLamb on leddit
>>
File: c_p.jpg (2MB, 1326x6295px) Image search: [Google]
c_p.jpg
2MB, 1326x6295px
>>376600883
>that's literally it, every item, every boss, every area is "hey, do you remember this from a previous game?"
>That's why I hate DS2
>A nostalgic rubbish heap
>>
>>376602127
Bless you anon. I had a feeling her face was gonna be insanely average, but that ass is T H I C C
>>
>>376602127
>reddit
>to the trash u go
>>
>>376602903
Whomst art thou quoting?
>>
>reinstall das3 for dlc I never tried
>saves lost when i changed HDD
>katana fucker outside not-nexus swings 7 consecutive times
Ah, yes, I now remember the infinite stamina mobs.
>>
>>376588835
i dont think you know what aesthetics means
>>
File: 20170511051610_1.jpg (739KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170511051610_1.jpg
739KB, 1920x1080px
Can someone explain what would cause my screen to go full autistic weaboo mode?
>>
>>376603554
So this is the power of PC gaming
>>
>>376603590
It only happened once and for a few seconds.
I know you're shitposting but I still feel compelled.
>>
>>376581387
Perfect
>>
>>376583625
Was with you until you put story, lore and level design with DaS2 first and Bloodborne last.

That's crazy talk.
>>
>>376598283
>just watched some of this

His strategy is to literally run away, bait out a specific attack, get a few hits in and repeat. So you can cheese most bosses in this game as well, does not mean they're well designed
>>
>>376598616
But Dark Souls 3 looks so samey. There isn't any atmosphere at all. Everything is so brightly lit and greyish brown. Everything from Lothric up to Irithyll all looks the same aesthetically and shares a similar color palette.

There's no Blighttown, no Latria, no Fishing Hamlet, or even Amana. Dark Souls 3 looks really pretty, but it's also really boring too. I think a huge part of that may be it is so pretty and clear and well lit. There's no foreboding shadows, no uglyness or anything to really stand out.
>>
It's the most refined one but it falls into the /v/ meme cycle where you have to hate the series at it goes on to look cool.
>>
>>376602243
Nice cropping,shitlord.
>>
File: IMG_1003.png (225KB, 823x741px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1003.png
225KB, 823x741px
>tfw ONLY one who likes the Carthus Curved Greatsword
>>
>>376582713
this
>>
>>376584640
would this even be mentioned if from replaced the elevator with some kind of warp?
>>
>>376577628
>fantastic areas and landmarks
>>376577991
>really strong aesthetically
That might be, but the gameplay department is boring as shit
>>
File: witch_of_hemwick_boss.jpg (17KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
witch_of_hemwick_boss.jpg
17KB, 441x248px
How can it compare to these great boss fights.
>>
>>376579871
This. And let's not forget the abysmally low stamina requirement for rolling in DaS3
>>
File: rom_boss.jpg (19KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
rom_boss.jpg
19KB, 441x248px
>>376608634
>>
>>376593706
yeah cause it looks nothing like Majula and majula was right on the fucking coast meanwhile Undead Settlement is above a swamp.
>>
File: the_one_reborn_boss.jpg (15KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
the_one_reborn_boss.jpg
15KB, 441x248px
>>376608748
>>
>>376581072
THIS, NOTHING WAS NEW

Grand Archives might be well-designed and everything, but we've already fucking seen it all with the Duke's Archives in the first game.
>>
File: celestial_emissary_boss.jpg (22KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
celestial_emissary_boss.jpg
22KB, 441x248px
>>376608827
>>
File: micolash_boss.jpg (15KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
micolash_boss.jpg
15KB, 441x248px
>>376608884
Chase me!!!
>>
File: amygdala_boss.jpg (27KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
amygdala_boss.jpg
27KB, 441x248px
>>376608965
>>
>>376581072
>ITT: WE TRIVIALIZE LEVEL DESIGN BY USING MUH
>>
File: Feel.jpg (76KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
76KB, 854x859px
>Mfw I always enjoy Soulsborne swamp levels even though they're a misery most of the time
They nail the miserable atmosphere and the "I like the way this sucks" attitude.
>>
>>376609584
I liked Blighttown and Valley of Defilement but Earthen Peak Ruins and Farron Keep can go suck a dick.
>>
File: 2hu4.png (197KB, 394x529px) Image search: [Google]
2hu4.png
197KB, 394x529px
>>376583625
>DS2 and DS1 having better bosses than DS3
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: thinking_man_PNG11595.png (798KB, 1169x916px) Image search: [Google]
thinking_man_PNG11595.png
798KB, 1169x916px
>>376584434
could you expand on this? because all I got was
>someone told me I must open a vault!
>I open it
>oh no, that someone wanted that vault opened for their own personal gain and played me to do their dirty work for them!
>kill that someone
>now I get to sit in that vault

wow
>>
>>376584836
Dark souls PVP is shit and anyone who plays this game competitively is a giant faggot, particularly DAS2 fans as they think "My 1v1 fights are slightly less broken then in the rest of the series, this makes my turd of a game the best in the series!"
>>
Does anyone have the PDFs of all the design work books?
>>
>>376580075
Stagnancy is a big theme in this game
>>
The game would have been 10 times better if the main plot focused on Sulyvahn being the antagonist and trying to fuck with the first flame/end the world so Aldritch's age of Deep Seas could begin. Fuck Yhorm, Abyss Watchers and the Lothric Princes, they're so inconsequential.
>>
File: Feel6.jpg (204KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
Feel6.jpg
204KB, 800x590px
>>376609718
Earthen Peak Ruins sucks dicks but I really liked Farron Keep for some reason. Somehow it felt unique compared to the other from software swamp levels and I love that they brought bag the slugs from Demon's Souls.
>>
>>376610212
I hate Earthen Peak Ruins for 1 reason. The Framerate goes right into the shitter whenever I look out at the landscape
>>
>>376609965
/dsg/ does
>>
Holy shit why are there so many Das2 apologists itt
>>
File: 1479194262812.jpg (785KB, 1920x3144px) Image search: [Google]
1479194262812.jpg
785KB, 1920x3144px
I like DS3 because it feels even more like Dark Fantasy than the previous entries.
I could care less about interconnectivity or combat but as long as the designs are sick and the atmosphere straight out of a book then it's exactly what Im looking for.

Makes me sad that we won't get a good game out of that category for a long time but I'm grateful that the Souls series existed in the first place
>>
File: 1489820785423.jpg (167KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
1489820785423.jpg
167KB, 810x810px
>>376587371
The areas were good by themselves, but were all connected through either teleporting between bonfires or corridors.

It wasn't like Dark Souls 1 where every area felt like a small part of the bigger world. In 3, every area is its own little bubble connected to other bubbles.

In short fuck you

1=2>3
>>
>>376610381
their favourite youtubers are being contrarian for the sake of easy views, so they've crawled out of the woodwork to go "actually we were right all along"
>>
>>376600831
BB had an entirely different world, aesthetic and weapon type. Ofc you wouldn't feel that fatigue
>>
>>376580250
Gael is easily the best boss fight in the trilogy

Besides Gael, I'd vote for the CHAMP, Pontiff, Friede and Midir. I'd actually go so far as to say Midir is the best dragon fight in souls. Ringed City was just fucking amazing in every way possible, destroys AOTA and das2 dlc imo, I can't praise it enough
>>
>>376611710
Gael leans a bit towards style over substance. He's all scarf whips and lightning powers and dragonball z style flying acrobatic attacks.

I thought Midir far outclassed him as far as bosses go. Gael really wanted to be Artorias 2.0
>>
File: 1494119837135.gif (3MB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1494119837135.gif
3MB, 160x160px
>>376611710
>Ringed City was just fucking amazing in every way possible
>>
i would not play it for the PvE. And that says a lot. Keep in mind I am comparing it to das1. Its a ghost town, but Id still run it for fun. Das3 has a community even now which is nice.
>>
>>376588497
>Nobody, fucking nobody will even pretend DS2 is in any shape or form superior to the other games

DeS > DaS2 = DaS1 > DaS3
>>
>>376612135
Gael is more fun to fight but Midir has amazing presentation and the fucking soundtrack kicking in halfway ALWAYS gets me hyped up to all hell. I wish they added a tail chop option tho
>>
>>376612832
I like the Midir soundtrack, but the 3rd phase of Gael's music is superior in every way
>>
File: Shiroucide.jpg (12KB, 215x336px) Image search: [Google]
Shiroucide.jpg
12KB, 215x336px
>You will NEVER EVER play a copy of DaS2 that has the proper lighting.
>>
>>376612904
The first phase of Gael's theme is the best part in my opinion, I love when the chorus hits and it sounds so melancholic.
I liked fighting Gael, his phase transition is cool as fuck, but he just feels a little derivative to me - Artorias already did the "Man possessed by the dark who flings a body at you" and Ludwig the Holy Blade did the "Feral opponent remembers their humanity and purpose, becoming more knightly in their second phase". Plus, Gael's plan makes no sense. He was surprised that you turned up at the end of the world, but without you killing him there's no way for the painter to receive the dark soul as he has no way back. What was his plan then?
He also seemed surprised that he had the dark soul in him when he starts bleeding. Did he not know? If not, was he just consuming everyone for the sake of it?
>>
>>376613450
I prefer the 3rd part, it's a literal explosion of music, and it perfectly encapsulates the feeling of Dark Souls
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>376577628
DaS 3's aesthetics suffer because there is too much shit everywhere, it's like how Bloodborne sometimes went a bit overboard with the statues and tombstones all over the place only way worse and more constant. Every area has tons of needless visual clutter. Think back to DaS 1 and DeS, the places were much more believable and more aesthetically simple (in a good way) while also being more memorable. Nowhere in DaS 1 except maybe Blighttown has nearly as much visual clutter as any DaS 3 area.
>>
File: 1472390012327.gif (289KB, 177x177px) Image search: [Google]
1472390012327.gif
289KB, 177x177px
>>376609802
The entire idea I think was that the world was going through these cycles of civilization and ruin, and all the different areas are supposed to be old kingdoms, which is made even more apparent by the DLCs. Each place presumably was presumably destroyed by some evil queen made from the Abyss, except for the Iron Keep.
Vendrick figured out that the cycles were happening and his own queen was one of the evil ones. So what he did is he did all he could to make it nigh impossible for Nashadra to achieve her goal and enter the throne, which is apparently the kiln of the first flame, and ends up stopping the cycle for the time.
Then you show up out of nowhere and the emerald herald tells you to go continue the cycle by killing everyone, kind of like Frampt in DS1, except this is more direct and immediate. I think some people also theorize that the herald was attempting to get into the throne for her own gain as well.

If you think about it enough, it does make some kind of sense and begins to sound alright. Like I said, though, there's a possibility that I popped a blood vessel or two.
>>
File: hollow.jpg (62KB, 289x576px) Image search: [Google]
hollow.jpg
62KB, 289x576px
>>376613450
Being killed by the Ashen one was part of his plan, I guess he went hollow/mad before the player character arrived though.
>>
>>376615265
That doesn't look like it implies he wanted to be killed, rather that he knew he couldn't handle the dark soul for long and he would probably die in delivering it.
>>
>>376603554
Looks like Gendo Ikari has activated the Dummy Plug Program since you didnt get in the boss fog.
>>
>>376611710
Nu-Souls fans everyone
>>
>>376613832
agreed. there's just too much noise. it's almost on par with lavazone.
>>
>>376613832
This and i also hated how they slapped on instagram filters to forcefully make the areas more atmospheric
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1024x682px)
image.jpg
141KB, 1024x682px
DS3>BB>evey other Dark Souls game>cancer>DeS
>>
man I miss starting dark souls 1 and having zero clue on what to do, with the starting guy just saying "ring some bells or something I don't know dude"
and it's only halfway through the game where the serpent appears and says you're the 'chosen one'
from the second you meet Emma in dark souls 3 your destiny is to go fuck up the princes which feels less compelling
>>
File: cerberus.jpg (832KB, 1313x1848px) Image search: [Google]
cerberus.jpg
832KB, 1313x1848px
sniff my cunny losers
>>
>>376596859
>Even 2 had more interesting places.

Big rooms or long corridors with repeating texures and no details isn't interesting.
>>
>>376616658
Yeah, the Archdragon Peak is the only good looking area because it's the only one with fucking real colors, the rest have disgusting filters that make it look like a grey desaturated turd.
>>
File: 1430922332866.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1430922332866.png
21KB, 900x900px
>>376577628
Is Archdragon Peak the most beautiful area in vidya?
>>
File: Ringed Knights.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Ringed Knights.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>376587163
Compare the Ringed knights to the Black knights, both a similar enemy with a similar concept. You should see what that anon means.
>>
>>376618295
Ringed knights are an in-universe precursor to the darkwraiths who they resemble very accurately.
>>
>>376618295
Dark Souls 3 has some edgy, generic, bad armor designs like that armor and the Dragonslayer Armor's Armor where instead of being a crisp, simple, cohesive, semi-realistic suit of armor there's tons of random jagged edges and ridges everywhere. I assume that's what he means.
>>
File: 1354882682991.jpg (260KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1354882682991.jpg
260KB, 1280x720px
>>376618770
and yet the darkwraith armor is much simpler and more well-designed
>>
>>376619186
I agree, I was just pointing out that the design process for ringed knights and black knights was different. The ringed knight armour looks like shit especially with the random shoulder horns.
>>
>>376618770
I can't remember the Darkwraiths having ebin dual weilding giant tentacle swords and c-razy anime grins.
>>
>>376619312
Yeah the Ringed Armor looks like it's straight out of Skyrim or some shitty MMO.
>>
I'm playing this for the first time now and I think it's better than ds1. Im at oceiros
>>
>>376618775
Which is ridiculous, because Dark Souls armors have always had absurd levels of detail. Just look at the black knight set.
>>
>>376619932
Well I strongly disagree with you.
BB>DaS1>DeS>DaS3>>>DaS2
>>
>>376578552
The whole series is literally berserk ofc it's edgy
>>
>>376577628
/v/ is full of DS2 apologists.
>>
>>376622198
The only people who defend DaS 2 rabidly are those who started with it and were introduced to the series through the "EPIC" cgi trailer announcement at the fucking VGAs.
>>
File: 1457987467630.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457987467630.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>>376622198
I just don't think it's as bad as most people here believe. I still think it's quantifiably worse than DS1, but it's not the flaming mountain of cow manure that everyone seems to claim it is.
>>
>>376583625
>DS2

kill yourself hcuckerguy
>>
>>376579670
>Like in TRC you go to olde firelink
No you don't. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>376624459
A few sections of the dredge heap are mashed together places from the other games. The demon prince bonfire is actually the firelink bonfire. The steps around it should be recognizable, but even more obvious is the route to where you place the banner, where you literally go through where Frampt came out of.
>>
>>376624762
I mean I knew that part was Firelink, that's obvious. I didn't know the rest of it was. Neat.
>>
>>376616658
DaS does this too. When you enter Blighttown from the Depths the whole screen instantly turns shit green.
>>
>>376613832
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like embellishment is one of the trademarks of Victorian style. It makes sense for Bloodborne to be more cluttered because of that.
>>
>>376626697
In a sense, yes, but Bloodborne went overboard at times. In central yarnham there are spots where there will be like 5 of the same massive statue all within ten feet of each other, and there are massive statues in the middle of roads making it impossible for carriages to move through Yarnham. There are also so many gravestones EVERYWHERE that it gets a tad ridiculous. I don't think BB does it anywhere near as badly as DaS 3 though.
>>
what are the easiest dark souls 3 bosses?
>>
>>376608965
>implying Micolash wasn't the best boss in the series
>>
>>376628269
Wolnir
Tree
Oceiros
Ancient Wyvern
Deacons
Yhorm
Crystal Sage
Iudex Gundyr
Vordt
>>
>>376581295

BB is purple.
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.