[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your thought when you first time played souls game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104KB, 256x295px
What was your thought when you first time played souls game? Is there any /v/ predicted this series will hit smash sales during Demon's souls time?
>>
>>376573338
Demon's Souls is still my favorite one to this day, barely beating Dark Souls 1 because of color palette. I still wish Dark Souls 3 didn't drop the ball. If it didn't have the name "Dark Souls" slapped on it I'm pretty sure we would have another Lords of the Fallen indecent. Hell, I'm not even the biggest fan of Dark Souls 2 but every complaint about that game people had not only carries over to Dark Souls 3 but is amplified, what was even the point of complaining in the first place? That just made me even more annoyed at it.
>>
Started a new game of DeS today just because.
Oh man how they have casualized the souls games, and in a bad way.
What I mean is that things that have nothing to do with "artificial difficulty" got removed:
>Inventory weight
>World tendency <- was great btw
>playing dead or playing alive, had bigger pros and cons
etc
>>
>>376574710
Ehhhhhhhhhhh it depends?
Inventory Weight is something I somewhat appreciated but it's not difficult, it's not adding anything nuanced to the game, it's just an annoying mechanic that gets in the way of the exploration.
World Tendency is fucking awesome for making sure everyone who plays it has a different experience, but it is fucking terrible for people who just want a particular piece of fucking gear. Having to kill yourself many multiple times just to get Ooze or whatever is stupid.
And yeah, I actually do like the health system but I think DS3's is better, where Embered is a BONUS rather than just how it should be.

All in all Demon's Souls was less of its own thing and kinda burdened by a lot of past action game concepts that didn't fit well.
>>
File: 1478880798067.jpg (597KB, 3384x3616px) Image search: [Google]
1478880798067.jpg
597KB, 3384x3616px
I've only played/beat DeS about a year ago.

My real first thoughts were noticing how the game doesn't hold your hand for shit.
>>
>>376574349
my main problem with both DS2 and DS3 is that the stories/world are just a random mishmash of mostly disconnected areas and characters while everything in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls existed for a reason, a purpose and it all made sense in one cohesive world.

If they wanted to go dude convolution lmao then they should have made the entire game look like dreg heap at least so it'd feel like we were exploring these cool crazy contorted ruins
>>
>>376573338
Demon's was pretty damn cool. I remember seeing the trailers before it was out. It was like seeing the trailers for the first Assassin's Creed, only this time it delivered.

But I'll admit that while I put in roughly 130 hours on my first playthrough, the last ~30 or so started to get dull. Which is why I actually skipped Dark Souls 1 and then went to 2, which I thought sucked overall, and then Bloodborne and 3.
>>
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the fuckhuge knight boss.
A game hasn't shocked me that much since.
>>
I can still remember how satisfying it was to do pretty much anything since I was so shit at the game, and invasions being something that would quicken my heart rate. I was hooked on the series pretty much from the tutorial.
>>
>>376575339
Have you played DaS1 since? It's the closest, mechanically, to DeS, and my second favorite. (Can't stand DaS2 and 3, and don't have a Bloodborne machine.)
>>
>>376575682
Not yet. I'm not sure I want to at this point. I thought 3 was better than 2 though.
>>
File: 2.jpg (43KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
43KB, 452x452px
>>376573338
>my thoughts

Played Demon's Souls a year after release. My thoughts were "Why didn't I pick this game up before. This is the action RPG I've wanted since forever."

>smash sales

Nope. I thought potential continuation of the series would go the way of Otogi, Armored Core, King's Field and other From games: appealing to a small and dedicated niche but nobody else, not even in talk.
>>
>>376574710
>World tendency
It's a bit annoying that there's events locked behind tendency though, especially these days when it's dead and there's no invaders to kill.
>>
>>376573338
My very first encounter with a Souls game was when my friend asked me to see if I could beat False King in DeS. I actually got him down to less than half health but I think I got SUCCed. This was back when DeS was new and I didn't end up buying it and finishing it for myself until DaS2 had come out.
>>
almost instantly fell in love with demon's souls, though this could be because it was my first one

Dark souls 1 took a bit longer to settle in but I liked it a lot

I noticed dark souls 2 was in lower quality when I got to ruin sentinels, lots of poor areas

I knew something was wrong with DaS3 almost instantly, high wall was underwhelming and while there are no awful areas nothing really stands out

Bloodborne is a masterpiece
>>
>>376573338
>Wow this is some real fucking shit
Turned it off and threw the disc in the trash and to this day I haven't regretted it once and every Soulsfags post I see on /v/ only cements my belief that this truly is a trash game for trashy pleb shitters
>>
>>376573338
You need to speak better English.

Demon's Souls is why I bought a PS3. Playing it at the time was very refreshing since nothing was remotely like it at the time. Amazing that this game came out almost ten years ago.
>>
>>376573338
When I played Demons Souls I legit had a DSP attitude for the first hour or so trying to rush it. Then it was great after that.
>>
>>376573338
That I'd played far better action games and it had nearly all the environmental blandness and generic world that most old-school WRPGs had that kept me away from the genre

That there was no story to speak of and it might as well have cut RPG elements altogether

Boss fights were fun though, I just prefer my fantasy games to be more fantastical

Low fantasy is for the birds
>>
>>376573338
Tried out DS3
>wat fuck is going on
>Kill a couple guys
>Run into an arena
>big statue sitting there
>So obvious
>Grab whatever item it had for me
>it gets up and tries to beat the shit out of me
>shit on it with my dodge skills
>it morphs into a resident evil monster
>almost get one shotted
>kill it
>keep going
>get bored
>decide to try again later
>deleted it
mfw I want to play it again but god damn I have no idea what the fuck to do or even how to get gear and look like a badass
>>
I bought Demon's Souls on release and love it more than almost any game still. It had really nice armor sets, too.
>>
>>376578082
pleb tier taste faggot
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.