[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2>1>3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 16

File: Dead_Space_2_Box_Art.jpg (21KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Space_2_Box_Art.jpg
21KB, 250x314px
2>1>3
>>
1=2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3
>>
File: 1440171595839.jpg (58KB, 655x291px) Image search: [Google]
1440171595839.jpg
58KB, 655x291px
Correct.
>>
3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2>1
Objectively.
>>
File: medical.webm (3MB, 900x504px) Image search: [Google]
medical.webm
3MB, 900x504px
>>376560260
1 > 2
There was never a 3
>>
1 and 2 are both great in their own ways and some of the best games of the last gen. 3 in its current form should not exist.
>>
Glad they added co-op to DS3, other wise it would be unplayable.
>>
File: 1494450139955.jpg (138KB, 639x641px)
1494450139955.jpg
138KB, 639x641px
>>376560545

Your opinions are objectively shit, bro.
>>
You guys talking about Mass Effect?
>>
>>376560260
2 is in my all-time top ten. It is just fun as fuck to play.
STOMPY STOMPY
>>
The most painful thing about 3, which people often ignore, is how good the game could have been. There is a very clear difference in quality between the "classic" Dead Space parts and the dudebro action. I think if EA wouldn't have forced them to chance the game it could have been the best of the 3. Also the brethren moon are sick as fuck.
>>
File: ColinGordon.jpg (18KB, 322x327px)
ColinGordon.jpg
18KB, 322x327px
>>376560760
>eyeball will smith black power planetary rings
>>
>>376560857
no, but we can have some fun with that
>>
I really like the Dead Space lore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ7YheCqc24

I wish they would make more (good) games.
>>
Should I play 3 though? It looks like there is a actual story in this one/
>>
>>376560260

Dead Space 1 to Dead Space 2 is like going from Alien to Aliens (you could argue they're both more like Aliens, but whatever). They're both enjoyable, but for different reasons.
>>
>>376561425

I just watched this and never played a Dead Space game but it sounds cool as fuck.

Did I fuck up?
>>
>>376561518

There's an actual story in 1 and 2 that isn't completely fucking retarded and accompanied by miserable gameplay and level design.
>>
File: Guyver RIG final.jpg (94KB, 600x849px)
Guyver RIG final.jpg
94KB, 600x849px
>>376561748
Just get the first two on steam. You won't regret it.

3 never happened. It is the GT of the series.
>>
>>376561748
ofcourse
>>
>>376561748

>Did I fuck up?

Yes. Gameplay is still god tier though, so go play them.
>>
Am I the only one who watched Aftermath?
>>
File: Gunner as Isaac.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px)
Gunner as Isaac.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
>>376562147
These movies could have been semi-decent if they had any actual budget.
>>
File: 1488766527024.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488766527024.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>376561238
would that even work?
>>
>>376561238

Isaacs powerlevel is too high for the ME universe.
>>
>>376561748
not really, i played 1 and 2 without giving a shit to the history and closing every audio log
>>
>>376561081
It really did have some great moments. Especially the Comms Tower at the beginning, that shit was radical. Just wished it had a little more gameplay-based tension rather than constant necromorph rushes, although the reveal and final horde of necromorphs was excellently done.

>>376562147
Is it as good as Downfall? I loved Downfall.
>>
File: 1266696723725.png (394KB, 500x706px)
1266696723725.png
394KB, 500x706px
>>376560260
3 wasn't bad

sure it was more tps/action/scifi than the previous being survival horror.

In DS1, the most FUN thing about the game for me was the sense of progression.

In higher difficulties without ng+, it was 'tricky' in the early phase with your fragility, resource scarceness, but as you got more upgrades over time and got competent with your favorite weapons, towards the end even though the opposition was tougher, your favorite weapons were upgraded, and your own tactics/approach to particular enemies/situations were refined, and you felt like a fucking badass.

I would say late-game DS1 was the best Space Hulk video game I've ever played. You're fragile, so are they. There was no BFG/room clearer, only With good execution, you can wreck their shit and proceed unscathed.

And I think it was a similar case in DS2; with the greater 'action' orientation, but still relatively 'tactical' weapons (e.g. no lmgs or bfgs) each victory was still quite satisfying and due to planning/execution versus firepower.

And 3 was something of a logical narrative conclusion. Isaac goes from 80s scifi protag who stumbles upon shenanigans as a relatable every-man. (RE: Alien, Phantasm, etc) Gets more comfortable by midway through series, and is a goddamn action hero by the end.

And you know what? The whole crafting system was fucking fun. Building your own personal perfect weapon set and killing the shit out of some interesting aliens was fun.
>>
3 wasn't bad till about half way in when it became the biggest slog of a fucking game I've played.

Every room just 9000 enemies from the vents, head to next room same thing and so on and so on. Felt like fucking wave defense that just became tedious.
>>
>>376563460

3 is the same kind of bad as Dark Souls 2 and MGSV, it's still a great game but just not as good as the other games in the series and also not what the fans wanted and it could have been so much more.
>>
>>376561748

Retard.
>>
>>376563386

>Is it as good as Downfall? I loved Downfall.

I didn't really think so. It does the same thing that the Dante's Inferno movie does by having different animation styles, but one is a half-decent 2D style and the other is cel-shaded 3D. Take of that what you will. The necromorphs didn't feel nearly as intimidating as they did in Downfall, at least to me.

I loved Downfall too but there are so many animation errors and inconsistencies if you really look closely. Really makes me wish both movies had a bigger budget.
>>
File: brute deadth.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
brute deadth.webm
3MB, 853x480px
This series really had the most fucked up death animations
>>
So what exactly was EAs problem? 1 and 2 sold great, why change the formula?
>>
>>376565303
very outdated business models that they thought could make up for not being in touch.

Pretty much the same mindset that gave us nuts and bolts.
>>
>>376565303
Not great enough.
>>
>>376565303
EA was actually willing to give these kind of games a chance back in the early 7th gen. Hell, they funded Mirror's Edge for fuck sake. Problem is those games didn't sell extraordinarily, and were considered losses by company standards.
>>
>>376565464
Wasn't DS3 the trendsetter for micro transactions in single player games too

I could've sworn it was one of the first
>>
File: 1827323234.jpg (142KB, 640x899px)
1827323234.jpg
142KB, 640x899px
Opinions?
>>
>>376565858
It was a pioneer for that shit, yes
>>376565983
Decent house of the dead in space. Was fun for what little I got to play
>>
There have been a lot of rumors floating around. I wouldn't be too shocked to see an announcement of 4 at E3. Imagine how cool it could be with the Frostbite engine.
>>
>>376564000
Nah I hear ya. DS3 was a fairly radical departure from DS1/2. I just happened to like it a lot because I happen to like the type of game DS3 is a lot in general.

As a rough counterexample. I was thoroughly disappointed in DoW3. I fucking loved DoW 1/2 in terms of both macro-rts (ala TA/SupCom/PA), and CoH style hero-oriented game. As well as the 40k theme,
I'll try almost any 40k themed shit. Most of it's pretty goddamn bad, I've learned this through experience, and it doesn't surprise me when it happens now, but I'll still give it a shot. But that being said; I wouldn't say 3 is a BAD game, it's pretty classic RTS; much moreso than 2, but doesn't have the macro elements I liked for 1 or like in RTS in general. It's starcraft. And while I don't *hate* starcraft, I don't *love* it either; I don't think it's bad, it's just not the type of RTS that I most enjoy. And while I can certainly say it is competently done for what it IS, I'm not really crazy about that particular template.

Age of Empires, and Starcraft may be fond memories of RTS games I had a great time with as I was
'getting into' RTS games, I like specific niches more. Fast paced RA2/3 type games, macro oriented ta/supcom style ones, etc...

I would not at ALL blame anyone for disliking ds3 on account of departure from the series gameplay. I'm just saying the mechanical changes made an effective narrative mirror, and that all of the mechanical and thematic elements happened to hit 'sweet spots' for ME, and strange as it may sound, Dead Space is one of my favorite 'end-to-end' game series, and the ONLY 'triple a' game on that list.
>>
>>376560260
Yup.

>>376563460
3 is awkward, but most people assumed it'd turn into Gears of War due to the monster shooting when that for sure wasn't the case. That being said the guns feel poorly balanced and the side content is meh.
>>
File: 1434640890917.png (142KB, 400x372px)
1434640890917.png
142KB, 400x372px
>It's a 'Dead Space 3 was a bad Dead Space game' episode
Contrarian retards who elevate 1 and 2 as somehow being bastions of horror games when in reality they're just very well made action horror games.
1>2>3
All of them are great action horror titles with very cool universes. 1 is the most consistent. 2 would have been the best if it wasn't for the highly uninspired final third of the game. Really enjoyed 3 as well, despite the overall 'feel' of it not being as a good as the previous two titles. Love the animated film DS: Downfall as well. All in all a consistently great trilogy.
>>
>>376560260
3 is an objectively good game but you guys probably dont have any friends to play it on coop.
>>
>>376566296

I'm honestly not sure if I want to see a 4th game or not. Considering the clusterfuck that was the DLC's ending I don't really know where they could possibly go from that without pissing more people off and going even further from its roots.

I'd prefer if the series stayed dead for now. Maybe a remaster, or some kind of spin-off would be okay.
>>
>>376567513

>posting the reddit frog
>>
>>376567918

Prequel in the underwater lab where they found the original marker. Pressure instead of space and zero g.
>>
>>376567918
I'd wait ten years and then reboot
Hopefully with another publisher having taken the reins. The devs can stay. You can see Steve and everyone else was pretty pissed at what they were forced to do for 3
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.