[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here got it? Opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: bday-se.png (787KB, 700x738px) Image search: [Google]
bday-se.png
787KB, 700x738px
Anyone here got it? Opinions?
>>
i have it. Its fun to watch shit grow and die off
>>
File: 1493346816913.jpg (50KB, 511x672px) Image search: [Google]
1493346816913.jpg
50KB, 511x672px
>>376558938
Played it for a bit. It is a hardcore evolution simulator directed via terraforming. The game takes place in what is essentially a terrarium. You raise or lower ground to create hills, lakes, seas, and whatnot; doing so affects the other environmental factors like temperature.

Once you do your initial terrain setup, you plant your sea of life and watch it grow. As time ticks, species will come and go. You can stop time and alter the environment, which in turn will effect which species thrive, die off, or evolve.

Despite the colorful cover and simple controls, it has a lot going on under the hood. It is more simulator than game.
>>
This is what happens when weird games get no marketing.
>>
Sim Earth is more complex, all you need to pay actual attention to in this is terrain height, moisture and temperature, outside of that it's trying to focus on going through the evolutionary tree to see what leads to what and building accordingly.
>>
I want a free play mode in this. I can't even beat challenge two. Once I make coelacanths I can't make the next thing
>>
>>376559650
What the fuck? I thought this was a Minecraft clone.
>>
>>376562180
Beat the fucking story mode if you want free play, stop pissing with challenges.
>>
File: 1456599631821.jpg (20KB, 310x156px) Image search: [Google]
1456599631821.jpg
20KB, 310x156px
I was really interested in it but I refuse to give NISA money so I'm just going to give it a pass.
>>
>>376562250
That's what I meant. I'm stuck on chapter 2. I just suck at this I guess.
>>
File: 1491623707247.png (132KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
1491623707247.png
132KB, 320x427px
>>376562250
Making a Trex is fucking hard
>>
>>376562403
It only takes like 4 to 6 hours to beat going into it blind, and the major issue with anything in the game is global temperature, just stare at the shit you need in the evolution list and get it's biome and temperature set up, you have hot/cold stones specifically to make areas that can't exist in the world without fucking up global temperature.

And pick up and use items for fucks sake, water of life and seed of fertility go a long way to speeding shit up, same with seeds of evolution/mutation which the game punishes your score for using them but who gives a fuck.
>>
If I enjoy games like Theme Hospital or the building part in games like Age of Empires will I enjoy this?
>>
>>376563149
Maybe, not nearly the same experience, you just raise/lower terrain and use power ups that spawn around the world to influence things, like creating water sources so you can have water above the water table somewhere. You just sit back and let time pass to see what shows up.
>>
>>376563403
So the building part is kinda poor? I kinda expected to have fun when building and shaping the world
>>
It's fucking shit. Runs like trash on PC.

Just refunded it. The animals don't even interact with each other.
>>
>>376562654
I have the sun and rain cloud but not hot and clod stones. Unless that's what you mean
>>
>>376563876
Shit does interact with eachother, just not in any way that's shown via animation, hell if you play to late game and have modern humans show up, and then decide to throw the extinction poopoopeepee water on them, after humans die off you'll notice a bunch of other shit starts to die off as well, because human civilization was keeping certain animals and plants alive.

TL;DR Killing humans is a great way of ruining your ecosystem.
>>
>>376563876
I've seen fish eat other fish
>>
>>376564917
So FLC that adds animals interacting with each other, when?
>>
does this game NOT run like shit on ps4 then? i was going to buy it on PC but if its just the port thats shit ill get it on console.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.