[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dynasty Warriors 9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11

File: Cheng Pu.jpg (171KB, 640x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Cheng Pu.jpg
171KB, 640x1004px
You guys ready for based Cheng Pu?
>>
File: Zhou Yu DW5.jpg (183KB, 660x950px) Image search: [Google]
Zhou Yu DW5.jpg
183KB, 660x950px
>>376555787
Looks neat, but will ZY finally get his crescent blade back?
>>
File: Guan Yu.jpg (167KB, 564x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Guan Yu.jpg
167KB, 564x1028px
Guan Yu
>>
File: Xiahou Dun.jpg (269KB, 1080x832px) Image search: [Google]
Xiahou Dun.jpg
269KB, 1080x832px
>>
File: Zhao Yun.jpg (280KB, 836x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Zhao Yun.jpg
280KB, 836x1048px
>>
File: Bow combat.jpg (99KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bow combat.jpg
99KB, 640x360px
>Gameplay Features
◾The reason why the team decides to make DW9 as Open World is they're taking challenges to make new things because as of the last numbered title (DW8), the series is coming to a stale.

◾DW9's Open World system takes some references from Toukiden 2, but it won't be the exact same because the nature of Open World in each games are different.

◾They plan to reproduce the whole lands of China, but with a focus on livable territories, and a further focus on places where major battles took place like Hulao Gate or Zhongyuan (Central Plains, Guandu etc)

◾Time & Weather will be changing in real time. In nighttime and/or rain it will be harder for enemies to notice the player. *NEW*

>>376555901
I like the staff as it is. There are too many swords already.
>>
>>376556461
>Open world meme.
Goddamn it. Even DW isn't safe.
>>
File: DW9(1).jpg (28KB, 276x235px) Image search: [Google]
DW9(1).jpg
28KB, 276x235px
>Open World - Cities
◾There will be over 10 major unique cities along with more generic towns & villages in the world map.

◾The major unique cities such as Luoyang won't be as big as they were actually, but each area will be about 1 kilometer(square?) big so they should still feel large.

◾Player can move into cities in the middle of battles.

◾Player should be also able to do purchases inside cities.

>Open World - Transportation
◾The main method for land transportation is by riding a horse, but a Fast Travel feature is also planned to be added.

◾Swimming is confirmed returning from DW6. Player can also cross large rivers like Changjiang and Yellow River, although it may take about 5 minutes by swimming.

◾Boats are also available as a faster transportation method to cross rivers.

>Story Progression
◾Story mode is back to character-based (like pre-DW7), but the history progression is basically the same for each character (like pre-DW6).

◾There will be no What-If/Hypothetical branches that alter history here.

◾Story progression is based on eras (Yellow Turban Rebellion, Anti-Dong Zhuo Coalition, and so on).

◾The starting era will depend on the selected character. For example if you choose Wang Yuanji she will start in an era later than what Zhao Yun would start at.

◾Due to the different starting era, switching player character in mid-game is currently unconfirmed because they would have to re-introduce the era again if the new character's starting era is different from the current era.

◾Discussions in the world map will be pertaining to that era. For example if you go to Nanman during Yellow Turban Rebellion era, you will hear Nanman people talking about Zhang Jiao.
>>
File: ChengPu1.jpg (84KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ChengPu1.jpg
84KB, 640x360px
>Battles & Missions
◾Each era has a main mission that must be cleared to advance the era. (eg. Defeat Zhang Jiao in YTR era to advance to Dong Zhuo era)

◾The main mission starts with having a high difficulty, but it can be lowered by clearing other missions related to the main mission beforehand.

◾Multiple battles may occur at the same time in different places, and the player will have to make a choice on which battle they want to participate in. They are no longer split by stages.

◾Player can capture castles in various ways other than the orthodox-from-castle-gate method. For example they can raid the castle from a higher elevation (eg. mountains), or do a stealth infiltration to hit the main target without getting noticed by other enemies.

◾There are also subquests such as hunting wild animals with archery and battling against foreign tribes (eg. Shanyue) that have unique visuals.

>State Combo
◾In the first interview, the team indicated that they are planning to revise the moveset system from what has been commonly known as Square for normal attacks and Triangle for charge attacks.

◾State Combo is the new moveset system that will change moves depending on the surrounding enemy situations.

◾State Combo is comprised of the following 3 attacks:
-Trigger attack: Begins the combo
-Flow attack: Combo that changes based on enemy situations
-Finish attack: Powerful attack that ends the combo

◾An example of how State Combo works is that when enemies are mid-air then the player character will jump towards them.

>Interactive Action
◾Actions will change depending on the surrounding terrains and objects.

◾For example, player will be able to use field objects to attack, such as catapults.

◾Player can also use a grapple hook to climb castle walls and high mountains.

◾Player can utilize oil cans in field to cause fires.
>>
>>376556879
So if this goes well, we will enter a new era for the musou genre?
>>
File: DW9.jpg (69KB, 466x450px) Image search: [Google]
DW9.jpg
69KB, 466x450px
>Other Action Revisions & Additions
◾The team has indicated that they want to keep some other systems like Musou attack to retain the exhilarating feel of one-vs-thousand
(Note: In DW8, all characters have 1st Musou, 2nd Musou, Aerial Musou and Awakening Musou)

◾Archery FPS mode from DW5 & before is returning & usable for all characters. It also lets the player to snipe enemies from afar.

>Miscellaneous
◾On 31 March 2017, Producer Suzuki held a poll on Twitter asking if the fans prefer Liu Bei with mustache or not. The poll ended with the mustache winning 67% of the votes.

◾Producer Suzuki also said to use the poll comments as reference, in which many are suggesting both versions of Liu Bei (young without mustache & older with mustache) to appear in DW9, just like in SW: Spirit of Sanada.

◾Character models are being reworked from scratch to fit PS4-grade graphics.

◾Characters' new costumes in DW9 will have a tendency of getting less flashier and more geared towards realistic based on the costumes in Three Kingdoms era.
>>
>>376557042
I just hope it's good after all these years.

I mean, I will be satisfied with having my waifu back in glorious Ps4 graphics, but they made us wait long for this.
>>
>>376556150
Why does Dun look like such a flaming faggot in the new ones? Even in this one which is supposed to have more realistic designs he looks like he's using too much hair gel
>>
I'm so hype for this game. Musou stars will hold me over for a little bit but this game is gunna be the best. Dynasty warriors 4 was my favorite and dynasty warriors 8 borrowed a lot from it. Hopefully this game does the same and improves upon it with the open world and questing. Revamped combat could mean anything tho. I personally like dynasty warriors 6 (aside from the clones) but a lot of people didn't like the renbu system
>>
>>376556150
Long hair Xiahou Dun with the sash eyepatch will allways be the best.
>>
>>376557383
It really has that "if this fails the franchise is doomed" feeling to it
>>
>>376557463
Fujoshi.
>>
>>376558376
Doubt it.

DW7 was supposed to be the last one because of the disaster that was DW6, but it managed to sell really well and DW8 was DW7.5 with a lot of reused assets.
>>
File: Zhu_Huan_(DWB).png (1MB, 720x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Zhu_Huan_(DWB).png
1MB, 720x1030px
>>376555787

>One of Sun Jian's first men
>Yellow Turban Rebellion vet
>Hu Lao Gate vet
>Jiangdong conquest vet
>Saves Sun Ce's life
>Replaced Taishi Ci
>Second in command at Chibi
>Defeats Cao Ren at Jiangling

This guy really should have been added sooner.
>>
I'm excited, I finally have a PS4 and I won't have to deal with the shitty ass PC ports.
>>
>>376559346
This is using PS4 assets only, so no more PS3 versión ports.
>>
Is confirmed for PC?
>>
>>376560315
PS4 only so far.
>>
>>376559554
Koei said during some company briefing that their new engine only supports PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC when it comes to fast porting.
I think this is Koei's big step away from the PS3 thankfully.
>>
File: sima yi dance.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sima yi dance.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Where my Sima Yi at
>>
>>376560670
Dead
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.