[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the problem with grown and mature protagonists on Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: nier-gestalt-replicant.jpg (97KB, 900x386px) Image search: [Google]
nier-gestalt-replicant.jpg
97KB, 900x386px
What's the problem with grown and mature protagonists on Japan?
>>
>>376552774
Asians are low test and can only identify with children and women
>>
>>376552774
It's Taro autism to release different game on different platform.
>>
Why is Papa Nier's game Gestalt when he was created after Bishie Nier? Shouldn't the titles be reversed?
>>
Because they can't self insert if they are mature adults.

Older, more mature adults in Japan are basically senile old people to kids.

They see age differently. Anything over the age of like 25 or a bit under is basically elderly to them I think.
>>
>>376552884

Literally this.
>>
wasn't it because the brother/sister relationship was seemed as incestuous in the west? while dad/daughter had no sexual undertone implications in the general subconscious?
>>
younger people have room for character growth while "perfect" adults are stiff boards
>>
File: 1463014760524.jpg (290KB, 1024x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1463014760524.jpg
290KB, 1024x1031px
>>376553203
There was both a Replicant and Gestalt Bro Nier, and a Replicant and Gestalt Papa Nier.

I don't think the choice for the different version titles had much significance.
>>
>>376552774
>What's the problem with grown and mature protagonists on Japan?
Nier Gestalt is xbox exclusive in Japan. At the same time Xbox is mainly otaku console in Japan. Maybe Taro was drunk again.
>>
>>376552774
They are not in highschool.
>>
>>376554098
No, I mean the version of the game with bro Nier is titled Nier Replicant, and the version with dad Nier is titled Nier Gestalt. There is no version of Nier Gestalt starring the brother or vice versa.
>>
Japan values youth, where as the West values age and experience. At least in men. In women both countries prefer young women for the most part. It's not good or bad, it's just different cultures appreciating different things.
>>
>>376554501
So Nier Automata doesn't have Nier at all.
>>
>>376553778
People really never stop growing as a person, there is always time and room for change given the right situation.
>>
File: 10678969.jpg (323KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
10678969.jpg
323KB, 800x600px
A thread about the first Nier? Am I dreaming?
>>
>>376553771
Father Nier was created first, but Square Enix wanted a pretty boy design
>>
>>376552774
Father and daughter relationships is prohibited in Japan so they released it on xbox for otaku only.
>>
>>376552774
I do have a problem with "mature" protagonists that act like fucking idiots at least child nier had the excuse of being 10,
>>
>>376554921
>I do have a problem...
Of course you have one
>>
>>376554501
I know. But in-game, there is a Gestalt Bro, and a Gestalt-Papa.

So I'm saying that naming one version Gestalt over the other was probably random.
>>
File: Dream Epilogue.png (519KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dream Epilogue.png
519KB, 1366x768px
>>376554790
It's all a dream.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.