[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STEEP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0179.png (1MB, 1024x576px)
IMG_0179.png
1MB, 1024x576px
This board is for talking about video games, right? Can we talk about Steep then?

Every time I've tried to talk about this game on here it just gets drowned in insults with little to no reasoning. It's okay to dislike a game, but you should probably state your reasons why if you really have complaints. Recently I've been playing it and I love it. It really reminds me of Skate 1 back on the 360 when it first released, and it kinda sucks that I can't talk about it on here because
>muh Ubisoft
>muh shill
I think it's a great game to sit back and play on the couch, which I know isn't this boards general vidya playing preference, but still. Ubisoft can make a decent game here and there and I think this game got a lot of flak for the flawed beta and absolutely NO marketing.

Anybody have a favorite character? Do you prefer the Alps or Alaska? Did you buy winterfest? it's not worth it I hope they add a GoPro view for just walking, because the game really shines in that camera perspective
>>
File: Shilling.png (15KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
Shilling.png
15KB, 323x156px
>>
>>376548856
This is why you can't talk about games here. paranoid newfags desperate to fit in
>>
>>376548805
eat shit
>>
>>376548805
>This board is for talking about video games, right?
Is it?
>>
>>376548916
I actually do really like Steep, I just found that listing a few days ago and I've been desperate for the time to use it.
>>
>>376548856
>>376548927
So... we just just talk about internet drama and e-celebs because every video game topic is shilling?
>>
>>376548805
>start thread with an entire paragraph dedicated to moaning about being called a shill
Gee I wonder what happens next you retard
>>
Pretty good game! It's not what I was looking for though
>>
It's an ubisoft game.

You aren't going to get anything constructive.
>>
>>376548805
It looks like a good game, but my limited experience with it suggrsts it's full of a bunch of trademark Ubi tedium. My normie friend loves it though and the Alaska DLC looked great... Would love to give it a go in VR some day.
>>
>>376549019
Dude I said like two sentences about that
>>376549059
Yeah that's what I've heard most from people, that they wanted another SSX game out of it. When you don't go in expecting that and look forward to what it is, a more realistic depiction, shit's fun
>>376549192
There's this weird hardware they have for the game, it's some eye tracker. You can look around in all directions while you're moving with the tracking of your eyes. Closest you'll get to VR in the game I think
>>
>>376549059
It has snow peaked mountains and nothing else from what I can observe here. What were you looking for, the Dragonborn?
>>
>>376548805
i played the free beta but couldnt figure out where the hell i was supposed to go or what to do after a certain point, and all my spawn points were low on the mountain and it took forever to climb
>>
>ubishilling
>again

fuck off and stay out
>>
>>376549591
>>376549591
You just kinda chill and do the challenges scattered around the map. It's more of a "make your own fun" game, like GTA except with finding cool spots and whatnot. You can use challenge spawn points to get around, because teleporting to them doesn't mean that the challenge is going to start
>>376549630
This board is full of weeb garbage so if you don't like my thread you can go to one of the many of those. Fucking loser
>>
the price is kind of steep
>>
>>376550352
There was a pretty steepdiscount recently
>>
File: 1245643634747.png (191KB, 755x647px)
1245643634747.png
191KB, 755x647px
Didn't it flopped?
>>
>>376549460
A more SSX feel. More realistic but still fun, fast downhill sliding
>>
What's the point in playing it if I can't get Steam Achievements?
>>
>>376548805
I played it during the free weekend before release. I remember it being too arcady in parts where I wanted more of a sim, and too much of a sim in parts where I wanted it to be arcady.
Like controlling your dude is super sluggish at times, but doing tricks mega easy. It doesn't know what it wants to be.

I love the concept, I always wanted to go down a mountain however I want. There was one 7 minute trial and I loved it.
But the ubisoft curse strikes again. They have the coolest concepts and then fuck it up in some way.

I'd check out Steep 2, but I'm sure ubisoft would find a really weird way to disappoint me once again.
>>
It's not a good game sadly. And they somehow completely broke it with updates when it actually worked best in beta and at launch.
>>
>>376548805
>Every time I've tried to talk about this game on here it just gets drowned in insults with little to no reasoning.

>>376549854
>This board is full of weeb garbage

>being this new
>not old enough to have played SSX
>wonders why ubisofts soulless dude-bro version with no content is frowned upon.
>>
Bad mechanics, not much content and a lot of the content there is really shit. The fucking paragliding challenges are straight up trash. A lot of the trick challenges also suck ass because of the way you always break your legs if you try to land after doing too many or going too fast or off basically any jump. Just outright bad game design. And the game is riddled with bugs that cause you to get stuck on shit or fall through the map.
>>
Not enough content.
Gameplay is shallow.
Mechanics sometimes fuck you over more than help you.

>that price tag
>ubisoft
>uplay

No wonder it died in a week. The only people who still care about this are the kinda people who use the word "comfy" unironically.
>>
Its a pile of shit. It controls like shit and the physics are shit and it looks like shit.

I'm the target market for this type of game (I love Skate/SSX and I Ski and Snowboard at least once every year in real life) but i still thought it was awful.
>>
its a sports game and thus, falls under the dudebro game category

you are only allowed have positive discussion about the following:
>RPGS (Roleplaying games)
>Strategy
>Grand Strategy (Like strategy but more grand)
>Weebshit
>Slavshit
>Pre 00-shit
>Indieshit (Preferably unkown to reddit)
>Sub 100k sales shit

Now you know the rules so enjoy your stay faggot
>>
>>376550743
Who gives a fuck you statisticsfag
I swear this board is full of nothing but autists who want to talk shit about games
>>
>>376548805
I want it on the switch, think it's a good fit
>>
>>376548805
games without an objective are shit and boring, unfortunate because it was a fun concept but how do you even make a story for a winter sports game
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.