[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>attack misses >even though you can see your weapon visually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1494410848236.jpg (30KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1494410848236.jpg
30KB, 250x333px
>attack misses
>even though you can see your weapon visually penetrate the enemy (3d weapon model going through the enemy model)
>the game gives no indication at all that you miss with the only indicator is if the health bar goes down
>attack animation stays the same even when youre attacking with no stamina

why do people like this game?
>>
>>376548080
nostalgiafags
surface level plebs, whole franchise is garbage
>>
The other aspect of the game.
>>
File: 1465147105231.png (13KB, 494x506px) Image search: [Google]
1465147105231.png
13KB, 494x506px
>take 2 seconds to learn mechanism
>enjoy amazing game

???????
>>
>the game gives no indication at all that you miss with the only indicator is if the health bar goes down
Only that it doesn't faggot, when you miss you hear a distinctive sound which differes from weapon to weapon and magic also has various sounds.
>>
>>376548080

Morrowind originally came with a manual. You know, those things you used to have to read before you'd know what the fuck you were doing in a PC RPG.
>>
Really good lore and worldbuilding. Enough for a massive amount of people to pretend it was a good game. It really wasn't though.

The only good aspect of gameplay was that you could go anywhere and it actually meant something unlike with modern open world waking simulators. Morrowind didn't really do much to accomplish this feat, it just wasn't retarded about it like modern games. Here's why it works:

- You could just wander off and discover something cool like a unique item, book or just a cool looking room and it never felt telegraphed or contrived. It was just something cool the developers built and put there without it feeling like something the player was "intended" to find.
- Minimal level scaling meant you could and did run into trouble. World didn't feel like it was coddling you.
- No quest markers or other bullshit constantly nudging you to do something specific. (except for dark brotherhood assassins from Tribunal I guess)

The main quest was really bad because it implied a lot of choice but offered next to none. It was well thought-out in terms of structure - game's strong point is exploration and the main quest revolved heavily around exploration. But it's linearity was a huge failure. The story basically means nothing and it's hard to get invested in it because you're just a puppet on strings.
>>
>>376548080
>I don't understand how classic rpgs and tabletop games work
>>
>>376548080

No idea, the same shit bothers the everloving fuck out of me.

It's why I can't into MMOs, auto attack based systems are garbage. It just feels so wrong

>standing completely behind enemey
>still hits me

Fucking stupid
>>
>>376550060

>its old so it gets a pass

Nah, its still shit, if you hit someone with a sword in real life they will take damage
>>
Once upon a time role playing games focused on the in-game character's abilities, not the out-of-game player's.

Your character missed. You didn't miss.
>>
anyone else own the strategy guide?
>>
File: 1483496087539.jpg (320KB, 657x1743px)
1483496087539.jpg
320KB, 657x1743px
>>376548080
>npcs never go to sleep
>Bethesdadrones call Morrowind immersive
>>
>>376550375
>>376550060
>wanting shitty tabletop rpg mechanics in a videogame during the first year anniversary of 9/11
>>
>>376548080
immersionfags who don't actually like video games
>>
>>376550503
Oh man I remember how hard they hyped Oblivion's IMMERSIVE NPC SCHEDULES.

https://youtu.be/Zsxl7l1otUE
>>
>>376550503
>muh gothic
>>
>>376550503
I think Oblivion demonstrated how much worse the alternative is.
>>
>>376550878
One thing you can't deny from Gothic is that it's immersive as fuck.
>>
I never actually finished Morrowind. I had a lot of fun with it, mostly because I love breaking games like this alchemy/restoration loops and so on, but then I got a new PC and never bothered to reinstall.

For what it's worth, all the negative shit people are flinging at it, like the dice-based combat, dated graphics, no quest markers, weird controls and so on didn't really bother me, even though I played it in 2010 or so. I even found the infamous dwemer cube without even trying, as I was looting everything non-generic that wasn't nailed down - didn't even realize I had already picked it up at first. What did bother me were a choppy framerate - no idea why, as my pc back then was not too bad, but every city played at like 20fps - and the lengthy dialogue boxes. I really dislike writers shitting out long, boring paragraphs while wildly masturbating to their own mediocre writing, and what I saw of MW's writing was on the same level as the usual RPG drivel. The lore and backstory are cool, sure, but either make the text more concise and clear so I can skim through it without losing much, or make the logbook a bit better.

99% of vidya have shit stories, and that's okay, I do not need more than a pretext to kill some niggas or do some other shit.
And if you have a good idea for a story and are too shit to incorporate the storytelling into the gameplay in a fun way, then fucking go write a book. It won't sell because it's a shit story though.
>>
>>376550060

You're trying too hard buddy, I can tell you're underage.
>>
>>376551618
If only I could stand the player character.
>>
>>376551618
>>376550878
I remember seeing some gaming magazine roundup of gothic vs morrowind, like which game is better and with what stuff. Even then they noticed how gothic has all the immersive npc scheduling while mw's npcs just stand around like cardboard cutouts. Then, a few years later oblivion rolls around and they can't contain their boners over the "groundbreaking" "realistic" npc day-to-day cycles.
>>
>>376548080
I like going fast and this game lets me go fast
>>
>>376548080
>your character isn't incapacitated even though you saw him getting stabbed or shot
wtf I hate every game now
>>
>>376548080
It was great for its time.

The people who still think its the best TES game are nostalgia fags or just straight up contrarians.
>>
>>376552961
the rest of the franchise is either shittier or even more outdated.
>>
Hey /v/. I got this game a while ago and wanted to know if there are some fanpatches etc I'd need. I got the steam version.
>>
>>376554467
Yeah you might want a widescreen resolution fix and some minor things like delay dark brotherhood attacks, but besides that you should experience it vanilla.
The game is kind of old, but if you want to enjoy it, give your character a weapon skill or two for main skills, and stick with them.
>>
>>376550060

neither did bethesda
>>
>>376554708
Old games are no problem. I played System Shock 1 without widescreen or mouse look when it was still available in systemshock.org when that was called strangebedfellows.org. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>376554467
open mw and use a magic based character otherwise you will get all the shitty memes even if you play the game correctly.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.