[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the wackiest/silliest of the zelda games? >excluding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Was this the wackiest/silliest of the zelda games?
>excluding the cdi and the spinoff games
>>
>>376547871
my favorite

also taught me not to steal even in video games
>>
>>376547871
I would enjoy this game so much more if it were a standalone title than a zelda entry
>>
>>376548806
That's right ANON THIEF It's one of my favorites too
>>
>>376548891
It does give off self contained/stand aloneish atmosphere.
>>
>>376547871
It started as an after-hours project for some of Nintendo devs. They weren't taking it all that seriously, which is why it has so much batshit insanity in it. They were literally just fucking around and ended up making one of the best 2D Zeldas.
>>
>>376548891
doesn't the frog for whom the bell tolls use the same engine
>>
>>376549214
Ya know for a game not taking it self seriously it does have a semi deep story and makes the bosses you fight sympathetic. Wake up the wind fish everbody on the island except for link will cease to exist. That's pretty fucked up kinda makes you think
>>
>>376549409
Yeah i think so the guy with the frogs in his house whose castle link has to go into to get the golden leaves is a refference to that game I think.
>>
>>376549549
>Link never used the Triforce to bring the inhabitants of Koholint to life
Awful. He never cared about them at all.
>>
>>376547871
It certainly had a lot more variation in design simply because it had Kirby and Mario characters included, if not Mario and Luigi if you count their expy dopplegangers.

But besides that? Not really, I found it a very warm and comfy game, but not silly. Especially with the ending.

I played Majora's Mask recently and watched my friend play it as a kid and the ending never really phased me. The only sad one I felt was when the Ranch gets taken out by Aliens but knowing I could rewind it took tat away.

The ending for Awakening made me very sad though. I played it just this year for the first time and seeing all the characters vanish felt a lot more impactful than any of the Zelda endings and most game endings in general. The small section where you cause mischief with Malon was a huge plus for me too.

I loved it so much, I went back to get the true ending with Malon.

5/5 from me anyway, good cast of characters too. Not too few, not too many. Bosses were better than TP to boot.
>>
File: tongle.jpg (19KB, 204x184px) Image search: [Google]
tongle.jpg
19KB, 204x184px
>>376547871
No competition.
>>
>>376549742
My theory is that he forgot since he was in a dream world nd when he saw the wind fish he was like woah a wind fish cool.
>>
File: 1489210061822.jpg (48KB, 362x580px) Image search: [Google]
1489210061822.jpg
48KB, 362x580px
>>376547871
It's got some fun stuff going going on. Moosh was the best animal and the NIghtmare face boss was spooky. But the whole premise of he game and the ending keep it from being actually silly. LA is in my top 5 for Zelda games.

>bears are in BOTW
>no blue bear easter egg
>>
>>376549920
i'll take the bait but it says no spin off games only main games.
>>
>>376549549
Yeah, it's the only Zelda game where you're not actually saving the land, you're destroying it. Deepest lore.
>>
Ballad of the Windfish is a song that never fails to make me tear up a bit. Even more so than Zelda's Lullaby.
>>
>>376550009
>>376549782
Yeah I get what you guys mean when it comes to the story. I was more talking about the chracters that link encounters while he's on the island
>>
>>376547871
>Wackiest/Silliest

Try every Aonuma game
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.