[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subnautica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 73

File: something spooky this way comes.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
something spooky this way comes.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Phantom Leviathan is in the game! Not completely, but you can spawn it in with the console and it has most of its animations and its roars. It's also on the small side for a leviathan, which hopefully changes soon.

Now the Lost River will be an even more terrifying place to visit.
>>
I don't see how they can make it much bigger. The space down there is pretty limited and you don't want it clipping through walls and shit.
>>
>game goes Darkest Dungeon direction for increasing difficulty
>just makes me not want to play it ever because its supposed to be a chill diving game
>>
File: junior leviathan.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
junior leviathan.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Size comparison with the Seamoth, still a wee laddie at the moment.
>>
>>376539720
Oh my me, that's spooky
Please tell me he's friendly
>>
haven't played this in like 6 months - should I just wait for the full release at this point? Gonna be overwhelmed either way
>>
>>376539983
>spooky
>looks like a Saturday morning cartoon.
>>
File: IMG_1110.jpg (120KB, 1260x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1110.jpg
120KB, 1260x699px
>still no word on rock puncher
>>
>>376539835
The Bones Field and the Ghost Forest are both large enough to comfortably accomodate a Reaper Leviathan. If the Phantom LEviathan is made the same size it will be able to navigate with no problem while leaving enough room for you to avoid it.
>>
>>376539983
He's about as friendly as the other leviathans.
>>
>>376540230
But what will Adolf Ghostler do down here? He doesn't have the claws or teeth of the Reapers, what can he do?
>>
Not very spooky when the area is so well lit.
>>
Is this game legitimately scary with vr?
>>
File: a face only a mother could love.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a face only a mother could love.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376540445
At the moment he has a lunging animation when he gets within range of you and his mouth opens pretty wide. If they keep it like that he'll either gulp you down whole with a lunge or also have him suck you into his mouth while lunging.
>>
>>376539720
How is Cyclops doing? Is it still made of egg shell and paper?
>>
no point in playing this game. everything cool is always spoiled the instant the patch comes out. fuck early access
>>
File: I'm not speaking to you.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I'm not speaking to you.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376540168
Considering the major support for having it in and the fact it had some animations already, there's hope. Now that they're nearly done with the Phantom Punchie might be next.

>>376541106
They buffed it. Only six creatures in the game can harm it anyway and only the Leviathans do appreciable damage per hit.
>>
>>376541476
>They buffed it. Only six creatures in the game can harm it anyway and only the Leviathans do appreciable damage per hit.
Six? If any of sharks or stalker attack it then it's fucking joke.
>>
>>376541476
Is that low settings? Those textures are pretty bad.
>>
Any webms of the animations? I'll probably buy the game of it ever ends up leaving ea or get a cheap key off g2a.
>>
File: well, fuck.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
well, fuck.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376541729
Boneshark
Crabsquid
Lava Lizard
River Prowler
Reaper Leviathan
Phantom Leviathan
Sea Dragon Leviathan

Are the only things that can harm the Cyclops, and they won't attack the sub if you're silent running.
>>
File: hi res.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hi res.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376541786
Had it set on reccommended. Here's highest setting.

>>376541881
Don't know about wembs, it just came onto Experimental, but here's a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QvyOMa2q6M
>>
File: jelly.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jelly.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>376542978
sure do love those terrain seams
>>
>>376539720
I am sad that this game still needs so much work.

I played the shit out of it a year ago and update have been slow as fuck.
>>
File: 20170428061918_1.jpg (254KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170428061918_1.jpg
254KB, 1680x1050px
>new HUD

no thank you
>>
File: I've seen enough hentai.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I've seen enough hentai.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376543091
Ah well, work-in-progress.
>>
File: Bluto Sinbad reaction 3.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bluto Sinbad reaction 3.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>376539720
>>376539950
>>376540230
>>376540669
>>376541476
>>376542045
>>376542429
>>376542978
>>376543329
>all of these posts
>all of these filenames

You can at least try and pretend to not be one of the developers, you know. It's not that difficult.
>>
>>376543256
The fact that the devs are updating at least shows their commitment to the game, and aren't just throwing out cosmetic shit like, say, Team Fortress 2.
>>
File: do the wave.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
do the wave.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376543256
Better they take their time than rush it out.

>>376543320
What's wrong with the new HUD?

>>376543659
I wish I was one of the developers. Also funny how you dislike the game yet come in here just to bitch about something.
>>
File: sub.png (67KB, 248x126px) Image search: [Google]
sub.png
67KB, 248x126px
>>376543983
Subnautica is cozy as fuck, I came here to bitch about you, retard.
>>
>>376544170
M8, he's just showing some cool shit. Curb your autism
>>
File: little shit.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
little shit.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
These guys are still annoying.

>>376544170
>getting this mad at pictures having filenames

Hate to see you in a filename thread.
>>
>>376544504

>it is your primary directive to swim closer to that beautiful creature
>>
File: fish.png (1MB, 6440x5888px) Image search: [Google]
fish.png
1MB, 6440x5888px
>>376539720

>still virtually no creatures in the game

every thread until I get proper biodiversity
>>
>>376544726
>expecting biodiversity in a world hit by two mass extinction events, and still suffering from the plague from the last one
You are stupid
>>
>>376542978
Man, they really dropped the ball on the designs of the monsters in this game. This or any other thing I've seen from this game doesn't look deep sea at all, it looks like kiddy monster bullshit.

Damn shame because I've almost bought this many times simply because I love the premise of it, but goddamn these just do not look like they belong in an ocean and that just kills it for me.
>>
>>376544847
>making excuses for not having content in your game

Also i already explained why this is bullshit in a previous thread. even if earth was hit by TWO SUCCESSIVE large scale mass extinctions there would still be several hundred or several thousand species left on the planet.

stop making bullshit arguments like this just so you can defend the fact that the game has very little content in it
>>
>>376545204
There's enough content in it, you fucking autist.
>>
File: size ref.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
size ref.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Actually, scratch what I said before about the Phantom Leviathan needing to be bigger, it's already nearly as long as the Reaper. It's a much slimmer beast, which was throwing me off.
>>
>>376545582

well that's clearly false given that it's currently in early access which by definition means it doesn't have enough content to be considered a full game

If you can't even come up with a valid argument against expanding the ecosystem to make it more realistic then don't dig your hole deeper by making non arguments like name calling
>>
>>376539880
>>game goes Darkest Dungeon direction for increasing difficulty
What do you mean by that?
Genuinly curious.
>>
>>376546024
Probably means bullshit RNG.
>>
>>376545834
Realism isn't the game's primary goal, idiot, nor is the intent to make a full one-to-one environmental sim. It already accomplishes immersion through good environmental design. If the lack of varied life forms is throwing you off, then you can fuck off back to Spore or No Man's Sky.
>>
File: threesome.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
threesome.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Size comparison with the three leviathans and the player.

>>376546068
>>376546024
>>376539880
Which is wrong, as the creatures for the most part spawn in the same place every time you start the game.
>>
>>376545204
Oh really? You think that a huge mass extinction right after the P-T one would benefit biodiversity instead of hinder the survivours more?

Also are you counting on your thousand species microfauna and early appearing plants or just megafauna+complex plants?
>>
>>376546323
You think the Sea Dragon would be more intimidating if it were red instead of green?
>>
>>376545204
Not if said events render the surface of the planet into a permanent hellscape.
>>
>>376546513
Maybe a very dark red, I think that'd look cool.
>>
File: lava.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lava.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376546513
When it's in its home the green makes a nice contrast to the yellow and orange of the lava.
>>
File: lava phantom.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lava phantom.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Phantom looks pretty cool in the lava zone.
>>
>>376546275
except the game being virtually empty of life ruins ones suspension of disbelief. And no matter how good the environments are if they aren't populated by many interesting creatures and plants then whats even the point of going to those places other than to progress further in an empty game?

in addition adding "realism" to the ecosystems is really just making them somewhat believable. that means making the creatures interact with each-other and their environment in interesting and well thought out ways. the creatures in the game are no more than props at the moment rather than believable lifeforms. the only glimmer of behavior we get from them is the occasional predator attacking prey and the stalkers playing with metal.

>>376546749
the world in the game clearly isn't so that point is irrelevant.

>>376546512
when did i say anything about the extinctions helping anything? all i said that was given the sheer number of species on earth, even with two large scale mass extinctions that wipe out 80% of life on the planet each there will still be several thousand species left. My point is saying that there were big disasters is not a fucking argument and is clearly a blatant attempt to explain away the extremely apparent lack of creatures in the game (less than 40 unique creatures with 5 lazy recolors rather than clever remodels like the oculus and blood crawlers)
>>
>>376547448
When was the last time you even looked at the game? The creatures do interact with each other, their density is similar to real-life population densities, and if you really want the devs to make a thousand different types of animals then the game wouldn't be completed for another thirty years.
>>
>>376546323
I think it seems to be a fine size, sea dragons are supposed to be fuck huge, and reapers are the second biggest thing in the game (reefbacks don't count). And it's probably in the reaper family even. They look similar enough and there's already other cases of similarly related things.
>>
>>376547686
>thousand types of animals

I never once said this. realistically ~100 unique creatures isn't that much of a challenge considering that most of them would be small creatures meant to populate the areas to give all of these huge predators something to eat and would still provide the necessary biodiversity to give the world some depth. most of the AI, once made could be generalized and used in multiple fish, so the only really big time consuming thing would be making the models textures and animations, though again since most of these fish will be on the small side shouldn't be too much work.

>The creatures do interact with each other

the predators occasionally eat other fish. so what? they don't do it in a believable way at all. they just waltz right up to fish who dont really even make an attempt to get away and them chomp them to death.

I'm not seeing any clever use of the creatures adaptations to hunt. the ampeels could easily shock nearby fish before going in for the kill but they don't. the fish themselves just swim around mindlessly in the open and don't attempt to hide or run from predators at all, the predators too just swim around doing basically nothing. the only creature that actively interacts with it's environment is the stalker who picks up scrap metal and plays with it.

aside form a few brief interactions between creatures there really isn't any in depth creature behavior.

>their density is similar to real-life population densities

thats a funny joke. Lets just pretend that most of the biomes aren't fucking empty, especially the coral reef areas where life in generally most diverse and plentiful in real life
>>
>>376542045
This, if you see something aggressive, just hop in silent running, you can even love tap a reaper and they won't mind. Hell even if you're being attacked you can just go into silent running and they'll just stop.
Not fucking sea dragons though, you can be in half speed silent running on the other side of the cave and he'll swim right over and slap the shit out of you.
>>
>>376548938
Remember when we played video games to ESCAPE reality and realism?

You're autistic to the point of CWC over having the game be as realistic as possible when there are many factors that make it difficult, one of the biggest being that no gaming computer would be able to handle your demand of hundreds or thousands of creatures milling around an area. Also programming all of the interactions you want would take quite a long time to do and debug.
>>
>>376548938
If this isn't a devpost, then I don't know what is.

Also CoD: Ghosts had Fish AI, and that shit came out 4 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OFv9eWIKY
>>
>>376548938
Holy shit dude, you have really high standards. What were you expecting? It's a game that runs on your computer, not a 50 year research project run on super computers.

That said, I do wish there was more to the game. But I think the fault in that is you can only discover everything once, first time I played it I was amazed at how much there was, but by the third or forth time, I already knew the map and creatures. I still agree that there should be more, because subnautica is dank, and it should have more. But I also think that I'm probably biased given my knowledge of the game. I even have a friend who got it as an impulse buy, who still hasn't played it because the amount of content seemed intimidating to him.
>>
>>376546513
it'd be more intimidating if it didn't have those retarded arms
>>
>>376543983
Are you a paid shill on a script? He didn't say anything bad about the game fagot. /v/ like s Subnautica, and would like it more if you were straight with us.
>>
>>376549593
it's almost as if you missed all of the points that i was trying to make and are still mindlessly defending the game like any blind fanboy would

i never said i wanted absolute realism, just "believable" realism. you can argue all you want about games not needing to be realistic but that's not true in the slightest. Humans have this thing called suspension of disbelief, that is to say, if your game isn't sufficiently believable or "realistic" then people will be put off by it. While some games like tetris and lovely planet aren't realistic in the slightest it's fine because the content is not meant to be realistic anyways. however in games like subnautica where the game is supposed to take place on an alien world having a good level of realism is important because players expect such a game to have a certain level of believability.

>handle your demand of hundreds or thousands of creatures milling around an area.

again you failed to get my point. it's not about being 100% realistic it's about being believable. that doesn't require a hundred thousand creatures all packed into one area nor do i expect something like that. i am well aware of the limitations of modern computers

>Also programming all of the interactions you want would take quite a long time to do and debug.

most behavioral code can be reused on all of or most of the creatures. It's not like they are going to take every single creature and write the code from scratch each time. the only things that would be creature specific would be special abilities and such, but again most of the fish would be on the small side and there would be a pretty large amount of variations of existing creatures that have adapted to different environments similar to the oculus and blood crawlers that most likely wouldn't really even need any new code or would only need very little.

keep grasping at straws though it's pretty funny
>>
Here is something that has always bothered me about the game. With the exception of the shallows and kelp, there is never anything like in the water between the surface and the sea floor. Everything just kinda clings around the biome. Which I get from a game standpoint, but feels strange that I can go from one side of the map to the other, and with the exception of a glitch reef back; won't even see a fish.
>>
>>376551224

Yeah, and shallows is just shallow, not sure that counts. But god, having the 500m above you being populated would be ridiculous. Kinda wish there was another whale/reefback creature to be there.
>>
File: Turtle_Concept_Art.jpg (151KB, 1600x723px) Image search: [Google]
Turtle_Concept_Art.jpg
151KB, 1600x723px
>>376550747
Why the flying fuck do /v/irgins always immediately assume anyone who posts pictures of a game and asks a question is one of the game's devs?

>>376550991
>I don't want things realistic, I want them believeable

By being realistic. If you want that amount of realism then you'd better hunker down and wait for the devs to program all of that in, which they've gone on record as saying is one of the most time-consuming aspects of making the game and why the ghost leviathan almost didn't make it in, they had to resort to using the Reaper's AI with some tweaks instead of making one froms cratch so it had a chance of getting in.

>>376551816
Open Ocean in real life is, along with the Abyssal Plain, the most barren part of the ocean. There's little food for anything out in the endless waters, even plankton. But it would be cool to see some other large creatures, like this turtle and the giant rabbit ray-like beast in the concept art.
>>
File: file.png (390KB, 580x340px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
390KB, 580x340px
>>376551816
i would love to see something like the ocean phantoms in the open oceans along with some other open ocean type creatures
>>
File: Coral_Reef_Grabbers_Concept_Art.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Coral_Reef_Grabbers_Concept_Art.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376552112
>>
>>376552042
>they had to resort to using the Reaper's AI with some tweaks instead of making one from scratch

so exactly what I said they would do? making the same code from scratch over and over is retarded, and if they are seriously doing that for each and every fish rather than putting the creatures into general categories, making a general AI for each category, and reusing the code with small tweaks where necessary, then they are just incompetent developers
>>
>get down to the crush depth of my submarine
>"warning your sub is going to cave-in like a tin can"
>see something on the ocean floor just a few more meters down
>get out of the sub and free dive the rest
This kinda irks me, I know that gameplay wise it's actually necessary. I just wish they made it a thing and the seamoth had a tiny grabber instead.
>>
>>376552454
Categories such as? They're different species, they're not going to have the same behaviors. And again they do have interactions beyond "Stalkers eat Peepers", many of the larger predators will fight each other if they meet, Reapers will go after Sandsharks and Stalkers even digging into the sand to get the Sandsharks, Mesmers hypnotize everything up to the River Prowler's size, etc. Just what exactly do you want from them?
>>
>>376552809
Gotta be able to build habitats down in the depths somehow. If they stayed with real-world physics you'd get embolism and die after going down 30 meters.
>>
>>376552809
well there is the prawn suit.

also i'm fairly certain that subs in real life have a crush depth because of the internal pressure being vastly different from the external pressure, something humans don't really have an issue with up to a certain depth where the body can no longer cope

http://www.livescience.com/48010-deepest-scuba-dive-record.html
>>
>dude pixar lmao
>bone sharks constantly target large objects that may or may not be sentient but don't go after reefbacks or leviathans lmao
>lets make it more realistic by adding bone sharks everywhere to annoy you when you move ahead slowly but sudden you you disappear when you enter silent running lmao
What were they thinking?
>>
>eating your local small fishies destroys whole ecosystem
this makes me sad
home base becomes devoid of life
>>
>>376553105
Animals dislike loud noises. They only attack the Cyclops if you're running at a speed that creates a lot of noise, it's a huge foreign object upsetting their territory.

>pixar

Why are so many people these days so assblasted about games not having realistic designs?
>>
File: WHAT.png (11KB, 330x372px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.png
11KB, 330x372px
>fall off edge of map in prawn suit
>crush depth stays at a constant rate, instead of increasing
>expect to be turned into paste once my suit implodes
>suit just falls apart beneath me, and I'm sitting there floating at 5000+ft beneath the ocean just waiting to drown
>>
>>376553303
And you suddenly disappear if you don't make noise anymore? Granted I haven't read the coded for them if they use sound or sight to see their surroundings, but it doesn't follow.
Just because the thing stopped making noise, that doesn't really mean it stops being an "obstruction" in your territory
>>
>>376553073
I believe there is even a console command that enables the bends for surfacing to quickly. But this breaks my immersion far more than that, the bends could even be evaded with space technology. But there really isn't a good reason for diving that deep (maybe a suit?). Ideally my seamoth grabber could also grab things like habitat builders and other tools, basically just adding arms to it.
>>
>>376539720
>Subnautica

So what exactly is this game?
>>
>>376552883
>they're not going to have the same behaviors

except they will. there are a lot of general behaviors that most animals share, one being running and hiding from predators. these general behaviors can easily have a single code block that is shared among similar creatures

>Categories such as

size, type of locomotion, predator or prey, etc, that's kind of what OOP is for you know. you have a general class for a group of creatures, and sub classes for each different creature. each creature borrows code from the general class, behavior code being one of them.

>Just what exactly do you want from them?

more interaction with the actual environment would be nice for one thing
fish that actively avoid and hide from predators
nesting and breeding behaviors

anything to make them feel less like robots that swim around aimlessly and more like living creatures.
>>
>>376553758
It's the noise they're responding to. Ever heard loud sounds underwater? Water conducts sounds much better than air and something only annoying in air can be painful underwater, you're basically driving them into a pain-filled frenzy when you're cavitating.
>>
>>376553428
Been off the edge twice, and I can safely say it scares me more than anything else in the game.
Fucker can sneak up on you too, "oh it's just a short cliff I'll just jump dow- OH GOD"
>>
>>376553996
So you want a nature simulator instead of a survvial game.
>>
Don't care. Gold when? These people are always missing deadlines. I enjoyed the game immensely but I'm waiting for full release now so I don't bore myself completely when that day comes.
>>
>>376554005
Fair enough. I see your point but it's still really retarded to me. Also, one thing for me was that big objects or creatures only sound big, they're not that big in scale.
>>
>>376553105
>generic side insult to act like your not just butthurt about the cyclops not being an invincible hug box
Silent running was amazing, and made the cyclops less boring and MORE fun.
>>
File: thinkingdeep.png (85KB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingdeep.png
85KB, 388x218px
>>376554510
>putting words in my mouth when I agreed to disagree
Damn.... You really...... Showed me.........
>>
>>376554148
It's both though?

also the "survival" bit quickly becomes irrelevant and the game focuses more on exploration, one of the major selling points of this game is the environments as you rightly said, but empty environments are incredibly boring and it becomes more of a chore to go places to find things than it is awe inspiring which is the goal of the environments. believable ecosystems will only add to the depth of those environments. The more in depth the environments the more interesting they will be. Seeing how the creatures within those environments interact with the environment and each-other is a major part of world building, and when the world is the selling point of the game that much is necessary.
>>
>>376553428
There's nothing scarier to me than miles of open ocean with no landmarks. It's made worst when you can't even tell which way the surface is. Hopefully they add something to the void eventually.
>>
>>376539720
Is the game close to being finished. It got old really quick last summer. Figured I'd wait until the story is implemented to continue.
>>
>>376554825
The game has a story you'll be doing with an ending, so you're likely going to be more focused on that. Also the devs are focusing on finishing the game, what you want is for the moment useless fluff. Also I really doubt the majority of players will spend hours watching the fish court and spawn.
>>
File: 1494383361887.jpg (97KB, 1024x959px) Image search: [Google]
1494383361887.jpg
97KB, 1024x959px
itd be cool to have some other signs of 'human' life maybe random journals, signals or some shit like that
>>
>>376554809
>Hurr there's only two people in this thread right?
>I agreed to disagree so no one can say anything again
I'm sorry the other guy assblasted you? Suck it up bitch. Silent running was great, you a pussy ass bitch
>>
>>376555168
>journals, signals
But those are already in the game.
>>
>>376555279
oh shit for real
i havent played in months
>>
>>376555428
>>376555168
A lot of the story is in, as well as datapads from the lifepods and Aurora and from the Degasi survivors. You also almost get rescued by The Sunbeam before it gets blown to dust by the Quarrantine Enforcement Platform
>>
>>376555049

>want is for the moment useless fluff

It's not useless if it adds much needed depth to the world you are so eagerly defending. not to mention it bring up many gameplay opportunities such as making eggs harder to get as they would be protected by creatures, or certain creatures that are normally passive becoming aggressive during mating season. Elephants and the like do this and a creature like the gasopod could conceivably do this as well

though I agree finishing up the main story is more of a priority at the moment, that doesn't mean small details aren't also important. it's really the small things that usually make the difference between a good game and an amazing game. so don't just brush aside things like this as "useless fluff"

> I really doubt the majority of players will spend hours watching the fish court and spawn.

no shit. but they will come across it occasionally, and as I said before, it would provide some new gameplay opportunities as well as adding more life to the creatures of the world
>>
>>376555696
Did you also want this kind of thing in other survival games, like the one where you're in a forest or the one where you're on an island?
>>
File: 1492825201891.png (58KB, 381x332px) Image search: [Google]
1492825201891.png
58KB, 381x332px
>>376539720
>be absolutely infatuated with the sea due to its enormity and potential to house the craziest, biggest, scariest shit ever
>dream is to find an aquatic game that utilises the sea in the way i want, with gargantuan, horrifying creatures in a never-ending expanse of water
>this game is the closest
>'ooga booga spooky space creature oowoowoo'
WILL ANYONE EVER DO IT RIGHT
LET ME FINALLY HAVE MY FUCKING SEA BONER
>>
>>376555696
>no shit. but they will come across it occasionally, and as I said before, it would provide some new gameplay opportunities as well as adding more life to the creatures of the world
>new gameplay opportunities
>fish court and spawn
>>
>>376555819

again this is less a survival game and more of an exploration game with crafting and survival elements

that being said, survival games could do better with having some realism with the AI. it would certainly make it harder to hunt when the deer or whatever react to your movements in a semi-realistic manner. That way it would actually require some skill to survive rather than making it piss easy which is where most survival games fall short honestly, this one included. but again the survival elements tend to take a back seat to exploration and those environments you were so proud of a little while back
>>
>>376556119
Dude, have you seen the real life spooky space creatures? They look just as retarded.
>>
>>376556119
>gargantuan, horrifying creatures

You'd stop being scared of them after meeting them a few times. Your boner is for nothing but your own imagination.
>>
File: Jerry why.jpg (27KB, 314x246px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry why.jpg
27KB, 314x246px
>>376539880
>just makes me not want to play it ever because its supposed to be a chill diving game
>subnautica
>supposed to be a chill diving game
>>
What SHOULD be the biggest creature in this game?
>>
File: sub.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sub.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Phantom vs Cyclops, the rest of it may be squishy but its mouth and hammer-head can still do some damage.
>>
File: 111.jpg (275KB, 1164x3700px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
275KB, 1164x3700px
Cthulhu in the void when
>>
>>376557067
according to the trello they are considering putting ghost leviathans or sea dragons in the void to make it more dangerous
>>
>>376557067
>recently took a plane back home for the first time
>realize the view I had isn't even the deepest the ocean goes
hold me I'm scared
>>
File: depp see spooky.webm (993KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
depp see spooky.webm
993KB, 540x360px
>>376557251
>>
>>376557124
All of the creatures that can damage the Cyclops will be in the Void to prevent players from wandering too far.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaa.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaa.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Mouth opened. A cavernous pit to oblivion.
>>
File: trash man.jpg (222KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
trash man.jpg
222KB, 1240x786px
>>376539720
>still no speargun
>>
>>376558817
Speargun never ever
>>
File: eggtrs.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eggtrs.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
For some reason they're not making any noise despite their roars being in the game. That's probably the creepiest thing about the Phantom Leviathan.

https://soundcloud.com/kamakazi/ghost-leviathan
>>
File: 1354156151981.jpg (12KB, 390x341px) Image search: [Google]
1354156151981.jpg
12KB, 390x341px
>>376554883
I'd be interested in a sort of freakish eldritch pitch black hellplane that expands into infinity, notable for having a general mood and design whiplash that is more grounded in gritty nightmarish shit than base Subnautica. Since it's meant to fill the void, with the exception of some lore-important points, it'd be procedural generated to extend into infinity which I think could actually work in the context of this Dark Zone or whatever generating unnatural and bizarre terrain. The post-game challenge could simply be seeing how far you could extend out into the Dark Zone, which constantly extends further down and, up to a certain but distant point, spawning more dangerous, surreal fauna and terrain. In turn, though, there's an abundance of resources out there that can let you make some super cool shit, including beefed up bases, prawn suits, and subs to brave the horrors within. Eventually though, I'd imagine there'd have to be an end to the Dark Zone since going a certain distance from 0 0 0 fucks with the HUD.

The "one" thing Subnautica never really delivered on for me was true deep sea horror. It can get spooky, but some creatures just have really stylish designs and the game feels more "general alien" rather than uncanny incomprehensible ancient sea creature alien, which is what I always wanted out of a game like this.

If a dev is reading this, pls consider it at least. Steal my idea, mutate it however you like. Make it happen.
>>
>>376558817
>>376558889

they want to keep an e10 rating now too so they changed the blood to yellow, even on the bleeders

final nail in the coffin for any kind of weapons

though I know some people will mod it in at some point
>>
File: big guys.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
big guys.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
And here's all four of the leviathans. Keep in kind that the Sea Empress isn't at her final size right now and that it's going to be at least three times bigger than the Sea Dragon.
>>
>>376539720
So does the game still run like shit? This is the only important question to me.
>>
>>376560684
It runs fine on my rig, which is a Nvidia 1050-ti on an Intel i5 with 8Gb memory. Performance issues seem to be a very case-by-case thing.
>>
>>376560632
Whats even the requirements for e10? Half the local life attacks and eats you, you can still gas things to death, and the prawn can punch things
>>
>>376561125
yellow blood apparently
>>
>>376561125
>E-10: Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is generally suitable for those aged 10 years and older. They can contain a greater amount of violence, mild language, crude humor, or suggestive content than the standard "Everyone" rating can accommodate, but not to the same extent as the "Teen" rating.

>Teen: Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is generally suitable for those aged 13 years and older; they can contain moderate amounts of violence (including small amounts of blood), mild to moderate use of strong language or suggestive themes, and crude humor.

The blood seems to be the major difference, for some reason showing red blood forces a higher rating.
>>
>>376561090
Has there been improvement in the last few months, or have you just never seen the stutter?
>>
>>376539720
Why did this game have to be so damn scary? I just wanted some comfy sea exploration but the game is terrifying.
>>
>>376561297
Occasionally there's stutter, but only when it's loading large areas. I sometimes have frame drops in the Mushroom Forest, too, but I've never had any major problems or crashes.
>>
>>376539720

Great, so they're going to put this bitch with a huge patrol radius in a small cave with confined space so there are more things for me to crash my submarine into?

How about they fix the fucking game and give the submarine proper radar like the seamoth?
>>
>>376554883
Didn't he already say he wants there to be some kind of monster that kills you if you stray too far out of bounds?
>>
>>376561296
Ugh, ESRB is so weird. Why push for the e10, why not just go for teen? It's not like a 10yo is really going to do very well with this game.
>>
>>376561523
They're still working on it, its aggro range may be smaller to compensate, and the Lost River rooms are huge so there's no problem with avoiding it. Also if you're silent running the beasties will ignore you.

There is a sonar for the Cyclops, both a normal HUD-style one and the Seamoth's upgrade version as an upgrade for it which does the topography pulse.

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/subnautica/images/f/ff/Sonar1.gif/revision/latest?cb=20170404171444
>>
I got bored of this back in early March and started playing MGSV. Did they ever fix the problem where you couldn't orient the moonpool in the direction you wanted it to face?
>>
>>376560684
I have the feeling that game is running worse actually.

>i5 4440
> 8GB RAM>
> GTX1060 6GB

I'M on highest setting tho
>>
>>376560684
I still get pretty bad pop-in often. Like to the point of having god damn Reapers materialize in front of me a few times.
>>
>>376561438
You could check out Aquanaut's Holiday on the PS3 for that. No hostile creatures and a super comfy soundtrack. It is also the one game I simply cannot play. The ocean is just inherently spooky, I guess.
>>
File: Life-form_rock_puncher.png (1MB, 1102x617px) Image search: [Google]
Life-form_rock_puncher.png
1MB, 1102x617px
Now that they're almost done with the Ghost Leviathan, hopefully they'll work on this guy next. He already has a lot of animations done, all they'd need to do is tweak them and have it punch apart modified Large Resource Nodes as well as punch at the player, vehicles, and bases if they annoy it.
>>
what you guys think of stranded deep btw?

mixed reviews in steam (an the lack of offers) have prevented me to buy this game
>>
>>376562863
>punching large resource nodes
To eat them?
>>
>>376557124
Fucking why

Why fucking leviathans

Put some fucking gigantic creature that wouldn't fit anywhere else on the map there to make people fear the edge, not fucking leviathans that you get used go after 2 hours of gametime
>>
File: more big guys.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
more big guys.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
More of the leviathans.

>>376563371
One of the most popular ideas on the forums is making special versions of the Large Resource Deposits that are just rocks that the Rock Puncher can smash apart and release Rockgrubs or other creatures to eat instead of resources.
>>
>>376560067
>The "one" thing Subnautica never really delivered on for me was true deep sea horror. It can get spooky, but some creatures just have really stylish designs and the game feels more "general alien" rather than uncanny incomprehensible ancient sea creature alien, which is what I always wanted out of a game like this.
Couldn't have said it better

The "fearsome predators" in the game are fluffy kittens compared to the monsters people can imagine lurks in the abyss
>>
>>376564042
I'm not a big fan of Lovecraftian Eldritch horrors. If those were how the Subnautica creatures looked it would turn me off from the game.
>>
File: eep.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eep.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
For reference, the little black smudge above the "to 0" is the player.
>>
How long until we get a armoury mod with lots of guns and shit to fuck up these heathen alien sea creatures?
>>
File: underc.png (673KB, 1280x655px) Image search: [Google]
underc.png
673KB, 1280x655px
>finally reach bottom of subnautica
>mfw tortanic is down here
Mods when?
>>
>>376562868
Pretty lackluster and very unpolished.
>>
>Cyclone on silent running mode is invisible
>Stop the sub and climb out
>Instantly detected by every aggressive creature in the zone

This update kind of sucks.
>>
>>
>Dude its an exploration game just as much as it is a survival game
>Environment alwaya suffers from terrible pop ins
>Even when they pop in, they are still low detail models until you get right up to them
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
WARNING!
This picture shows a terribly intimidating creature and is not fit for those weak of heart, open carefully
>>
>>376566338
What part of "early access" is so hard to understand? The optimization pass won't be until the game's almost ready to launch.
>>
>>376566409
What cartoon is this?
>>
File: sub.png (79KB, 620x630px) Image search: [Google]
sub.png
79KB, 620x630px
>>
File: GL_LR.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GL_LR.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376566409
Please, back of the line, Old News.
>>
>>376552112
>The Future is Wild
Shit, I think I have the DVDs around here somewhere
>>
>>376566338
I've only had problems with pop-ins, especially in the mushroom forest, they just appear out of nowhere.
However they've always poped-in in full detail so I dunno what that part is about.
>>
>>376566864
>did a drinking game of it with friends
>every time the narrator said "of the future" we took a shot
>all of us were drunk before it was halfway over
>>
>>376567248
We did a similar thing, except it was whenever someone starts talking like they know what an animal would do that doesn't exist. So pretty much whenever someone came on the screen
>>
>>376567628
At least the guys there had more tact than the kooks from Ancient Aliens. It's easier to speculate what could be rather than what could have been, and more to the point, it's much easier to believe.
>>
>>376539720
It looks like a Telethia
>>
>>376567628
I still find it hilarious that the people who made the show had all mammals and birds become extinct because they didn't want to animate fur or feathers. Also how they took the most endangered animals alive today like cod and had them evolve into future beasts.
>>
>>376543983
kill yourself or shill somewhere else, fag.
>>
>>376568571
(You)
>>
>>376564814
I thought the emperor was supposed to be bigger.
>>
>>376567938
I don't know what Ancient Aliens is, but I do have the Alien Planet DVD where it had like 3 probes looking for life on other planets as some gas filled balloon things.

>>376568147
I remember land octopuses being the future humans
>>
>>376566680
what a cunt
>>
>>376569028
She's not at her correct size yet.

>>376569037
The Squibbon, yeah. And their only predator was the Megasquid, another land squid.
>>
>>376552042
>Why the flying fuck do /v/irgins always immediately assume anyone who posts pictures of a game and asks a question is one of the game's devs?
Because that's generally what they do. They also post using syntax that strikes them as being foreign to /v/
>>
File: M_E_G_A_S_Q_U_I_D.png (1MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
M_E_G_A_S_Q_U_I_D.png
1MB, 1024x683px
>>376569214
>>
>>376569305
>They also post using syntax that strikes them as being foreign to /v/

They talk like normal people?
>>
>>376539720
this game really disappointed me
a lot of the monster designs just completely miss the mark of what makes deep sea shit so spooky
>>
>>376569660
That statue makes it look like it has an ass for a face
>>
>>376570709
Eight legs
four asses
>>
They're adding way too many predators into the game.

They need more passive species and plant life. An eco-system can function when everything's a predator.
>>
>>376553105
All exacerbated by the pop in.
>>376553303
>Animals dislike loud noises.
Ah that's why bears by the thousands attack semi trucks. Oh wait no they don't. Or perhaps you are thinking of sharks? Wait, no sharks do not and are not capable of damaging steel hulls. Well I'm sure your logic follows in your own imagination.
>>
>>376571282
Prey fish outnumber predators 100 to one against. There just aren't that many species.
>>
>>376554005
Name one real animal in the ocean that attacks submarines successfully. In fact name one that attacks steel and fiberglass subs successfully.
>>
File: midwater.png (550KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
midwater.png
550KB, 1366x768px
I just want more base modules, and the ability to change my base paintjob like I can with the seamoth and cyclops.
>>
>>376569969
It was never intended to be a sea horror game, it's a survival/crafting/exploration adventure with a low age rating hence the stylized colorful designs. Didn't stop reapers from being pretty terrifying though. If it was up to me the deeper parts would look more like SOMAs with creatures looking like those extra fucked up angler fish, except they would be many many times larger. The abyss would have angler fish looking creatures about the size of the aurora, only turning on their lightbulb when you're close to their mouth.
>>
>>376572469
Did you really sit and think to yourself "yeah, that makes sense" before posting?
>>
>>376561670
Greed and stupidity and ignoring their audience
>>
>>376560684
Worse with every update/10
>>
>>376572578
Name one real animal that's 55 meters long.
>>
>>376566338
>dude survival game
>let's make every aggressive creature chase you for eternity
>maybe we should rename this to run like a bitch simulator
>>
>>376572931
It's cute how /v/ projects so hard and acts like all game developers personally despise it and actively make its life miserable.
>>
File: narcosissquid.jpg (35KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
narcosissquid.jpg
35KB, 600x337px
If you guise like Subnautica, you'd probably also like Narcosis. It's deepsea survival horror though, you don't build anything. There is Amnesia style sanity effects though, but much more severe and long lasting.
>>
>>376572780
So you can't refute anything I said
>>
>>376573662
I'm still trying to understand why you're throwing this much of a shitfit over the game not being realistic enough. I can't imagine how you act whenever you see a Mario game.
>>
>>376573293
Bone sharks aren't 55 meters long.
>>
>>376573465
It's cute how you faggots keep shilling on this board
>>
File: file.png (535KB, 799x531px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
535KB, 799x531px
>>376572728

base things that should be added

>larger moonpool sized multipurpose rooms
>stair modules
>flotation foundations that let you build based in open ocean like your image
>the ability to put windows on the top and bottom of a multipurpose room
>small globe aquariums that hold a single fish
>large curved aquariums that are bigger than the standard aquarium but smaller than alien containment
>more props to put on the shelves
>>
>>376573813
So you're a coward who can't stand behind his own argument "Animals attack loud noises" and can't provide a single refutation when I claim the opposite is true and no animal attacks machines and things which make loud unnatural noises.
>>
>>376573826
They're also not real. Like everything else in the game. Including the submarine. Notice a pattern, or do I need to get the puppets.

I'm sorry that you lost your invincible safe haven, I know it hurt you greatly. But an invincible mobile fortress made the game boring.
>>
>>376573915

Stair modules could just be a spiral staircase you can add to stacked cylindrical rooms, like the multi story aquariums.

I would like a module specifically for growing land based plants that is mostly glass, like a greenhouse. I picture it being bunker shaped and expandable to whatever length is desired by adding additional "wedges".
>>
>>376573915
Do you want the game delayed another 2 years?
>>
>>376574004
>Subnautica threads have their own ACfag

Lovely. IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING VIDEO GAME THAT FOLLOWS -VIDEO GAME- LOGIC, NOT REAL LIFE LOGIC, HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS INCREDIBLY BASIC CONCEPT?
>>
>>376573662
>Bears are territorial
>Bears generally live in places where semis wouldn't be heard
>Bears probably know better than to attack something 20 feet tall and moving fast enough to vaporize it

It's dumbfounding how you could possibly think the way you do
>>
>>376574078
this is all shit that could be added after release moron
>>
>>376574039
They are also made of organic compounds which render them incapable of piercing a steel hull.
>I'm sorry that you lost your invincible safe haven, I know it hurt you greatly. But an invincible mobile fortress made the game boring.
That is a strawman but I suppose that would take 50 more IQ points for you to comprehend that
>>
>>376561438
You can make the hostile creatures ignore you completely if you use a console command.
>>
>>376572931
>>376573465
Well it's not like that, it's just like, is it really worth jumping though these stupid hoops for that +3 years? I'm not really sure that does much for them.
However, I do like the light violence, the games isn't about fighting fish. And I most certainly don't want it to be a horror game like that one guy does. Subnautica is great how it is, I simply feel like it's not worth the sacrifice to get e10.
>>
>>376574189
>Bonesharks are territorial
>Bonesharks live on a planet where anything larger than they can eat them and never heard the hum of a submarine before
>Bonesharks probably know better than to attack something that could ram it into paste
Not only are you stupid but you're dishonest in your argumentation.
>>
Does this game have an easy difficulty option or peaceful mode? I just want to have a relaxing dive collectathon, not get raped by sea monsters.
>>
>>376574226
Do you do this nonsense with other games that have things that couldn't possibly harm a person in real life yet kill you deader than dead in two seconds in the video game, like lakes being bottomless pits and emperor scorpions instantly killing you with one sting?
>>
>>376573293
dude, it's a SPACE animal, it's not bound by our earthly confines
>>
So when will they fix the pop in textures and having your game freeze for a few seconds to load the textures when you're traveling too fast inside the sea moth?

Played the game again last month and it still haven't been fixed even though they already removed terraforming.
>>
>>376573615
Dude, come-on that's like, the exact opposite of Subnautica.
>>
>>376574451
Do you argue against realism in a reality simulator?
>>
File: 1446331822048.jpg (159KB, 1060x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1446331822048.jpg
159KB, 1060x1600px
There's nothing scary about this game. I have a fear of the large open ocean filled with giant creatures, but this game made sure people like would wouldn't be too scared to play the game.

The creatures look goofy instead of terrifying, and the giant ones are bright and colorful. This is Disney's deep sea adventure.
>>
>>376574589
Before release supposedly, you know the inevitable delay for the fourth time. So maybe next year :^)
>>
>>376574642

The habitats, terrain, suits, subs and equipment look pretty similar. It is definitely a totally different genre but it evokes the same feeling you get in the spoopier biomes of Subnautica, just a whole game of that.
>>
>>376574648
>your spaceship is shot down on an alien planet by a giant laser cannon and you have to cure yourself of space AIDS using the stomach enzymes of a 500-meter-long telepathic bug-squid or else you'll mutate and die then build an escape rocket ship with your energy builder that conjures up buildings and items from thin air

Explain how this is reality, please.
>>
>>376574878

The energy builder works the same way as star trek replicators, it sources atoms from your environment and puts them together into what you want. Like the fabricator. The builder is just a handheld version.
>>
>>376574878
So you argue for realism in the game only when it suits you?
>Invincible sub is unrealistic
>Dude space lmao!
At least try to be consistent.
>>
>>376566409
Seriously, it looks so goddamn silly. Reefbacks are creepier than these shits.
>>
>>376574992
I didn't say the invincible sub was unrealistic, you faggot, pay attention. I said it was BORING. There's no tension or challenge when there's no danger.
>>
>>376575036
Developers really dropped the ball with the leviathan and dragon design, pity they don't recognize it
>>
>>376575315
Too up their own asses to take any criticism or suggestion.
>>
>>376575258
Do you argue against easy mode in games because you lack the self control not to use that mode?
>>
>>376574654
Stop talking like your word is fact. Speak with your opinion. "I don't find this game scary." Not "There's nothing scary about this game."

Your experiences and thoughts are not universal.
>>
>>376564543
well I mean.. have you seen some of the weird shit we're discovering even now? The further down we manage to go the weirder the life seems down there.

Some of those fish look fuckin lovecraftian as hell so I don't know where else the direction would go. The further you get into the abyss, both in reality and the game, the more fucked the life down there looks.

If that shit scares you or you just don't like it, just don't go down past the game's limits for so long, in this hypothetic scenario.
>>
>>376558817
The devs a "Pacifist" and refuses to allow any real weapons.

Apparently having to kill animals to survive has never occurred to him.
>>
>>376557323
>He's fast
>>
>>376574381
So why don't they attack submarines by the thousands?
>>
File: 1488305120358.png (8KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1488305120358.png
8KB, 231x218px
>>376539720

>May 2017
>open up Subnautica
>mine still says April 2017
>>
>>376570861
seven vaginias
>>
>>376540445
DON'T CALL ME GHOSTLER GOD DAMMIT
>>
Wheres the guns????
>>
>>376575891
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>376573615
I haven't played it yet just because I want to hold onto the vain hope of playing it in VR
>>
>>376575906

enable beta in steam
>>
>>376575489
What does an easy mode have to do with an invincible ship in all modes?
>>
>>376575945
ya fruity ass fruitbowl bastard
>>
>>376576569
You could just refrain from abusing it what it has to do with it.
I am not even arguing for an invincible sub I am of the opinion that the leviathans should fight it. But because there are a huge number of bonesharks and because they have no mechanical means of even damaging the sub them becoming heat-seeking missiles only serve to make the game more irritating.
>>
>>376576823
You do know that all you have to do is be in silent running around them and they'll ignore you, yes? Oh, wait, it was that very fact that triggered your nonstop cavalcade of bullshit.
>>
>>376575810
>still pushing this shitposting
>>
>>376577117
>>You do know that all you have to do is be in silent running around them and they'll ignore you, yes?
Then it is still invincible by that logic. But of course, you are incapable of being logically consistent.
Silent running mode is stupid for as soon as you leave the ship they all detect the player instantly and lose sight as soon as they reenter the cyclops making it the same as before. It is also stupid because of the pop in issues you won't see predators until they are millimeters away from the front of the sub if you use the fast running mode.
>>
>>376577216
>implying this isn't fact
>>
>>376573615
now on my wishlist thnz anon
>>
>>376577520
>what is Natural Selection
>>
Is there any reason not to pirate this game to try it out?
>>
>>376577398
>hurp if they don't attack it it's invincible you have no logic

I know you're doing this for (You)s, but I'll humor you.

-The Cyclops can be destroyed, if not by the creatures then by your own stupidity (ramming it into things, taking it down without a pressure compensator
-However, if you play it safe, then it won't get damaged, like how you won't be killed by being a safe driver
-This is different from how it was before, when the Cyclops really was invincible no matter what you did with it or what attacked it
-Ergo, the Cyclops is only "invincible" when you play it safe, stay in silent running, avoid large creatures, etc
-Therefore, since you now have to be careful, cautious, and alert, there is still danger and tension, unlike when you could ram a Reaper Leviathan until it died without anything happening to the sub

I don't know how much easier I can make it for you to understand, barring a puppet show or popup book.
>>
>>376575036
>>376575315
Eh, the leviathan is OK. But they definitely didn't make it as creepy as they could.
>>
>>376578519
>It's stupid the cyclops is invincible
>Bonesharks destroy cyclops
>bonesharks cannot destroy cyclops if you are in silent mode
So it's the same as if it were invincible but with the added annoyance of an faster movement option that is unusable because they are everywhere
>First release cyclops could be destroyed by environment
I don't know when they temporarily disabled this but the cyclops could sink a long time ago and fill with water.

I don't know how much easier I can make it for you to understand, barring a puppet show or popup book.
>>
>>376578831
>it's okay
It really isn't and what bothers me the most is that I can't figure out the reasoning behind it, then again, the whole game has a serious clash of creature and character design that I can't understand.
>>
>>376578887
>It's stupid the cyclops is invincible
Gameplay-wise, yes, it is.

>Bonesharks destroy cyclops
You're obsessed with bonesharks, dude.

>bonesharks cannot destroy cyclops if you are in silent mode
They can destroy it, they simply won't attack it. That does not make it invincible, just like how a bear not ripping your limbs off doesn't make you invincible.

>So it's the same as if it were invincible but with the added annoyance of an faster movement option that is unusable because they are everywhere
Three places on the map is not everywhere, and this is how I know you're doing this for the sake of (You)s.

>First release cyclops could be destroyed by environment, I don't know when they temporarily disabled this but the cyclops could sink a long time ago and fill with water.
They never took that out.

>I don't know how much easier I can make it for you to understand, barring a puppet show or popup book.
You're the one either pretending to be or actually are retarded, dude.
>>
>>376579249
>>They can destroy it, they simply won't attack it. That does not make it invincible, just like how a bear not ripping your limbs off doesn't make you invincible.
If they don't attack it how would they be able to destroy it barring you damaging your ship by ramming them as would ramming the sea floor damage it?
>>
Does the game have some sort of 'peacefull' mode yet
Because I just wanna swim around looking as shit while making bases without worrying if some 'fuck you' fish gets to close because you have no reliable way to defend yourself other than running away to safety
>>
>>376579085
Well, the Precursors were fucking around with genetic modification in order to find a cure for Carar. Perhaps some of the stranger bits can be attributed to that?
I mean, look at the Sea Dragon. It's basically a Lava Lizard spliced with the Emperor
>>
>>376539720
They really, really really should have gone in a horror direction. Colorful, safe shallows near the surface and the deeper yout go the more terrifying it gets. They fucked up with this stupid sci fi alien storyline shit that literally nobody will miss if they get rid of it.
>>
>>376579789
That's exactly the point, fucktard, you don't want them attacking the sub because if they do they'll damage it, just like how you don't want that bear to rip off your limbs. Neither the sub nor you are invincible and you take steps to prevent damage.

Enjoy the free (You)s because you're not going to be getting any more if you keep up this idiocy.
>>
>>376579859
>yet

It's had Creative mode since day one.
>>
>>376580689
Differentiate between invulnerable and invincible
>>
>>376580804
I said peacefull, not creative
There is a difference between the two
>>
File: 1491548568853.jpg (7KB, 175x208px) Image search: [Google]
1491548568853.jpg
7KB, 175x208px
>>376544726
>Lev-eyeye-than
>>
>>376581041
So you want a mode where the creatures can't hurt you but you can still die from drowning and radiation and heat?
>>
>>376581172
clever pun right? :^)
>>
>>376581192
yes, and having to still gather resources and shit as well
>>
>>376566680
You gonna build a fucking submarine and then hug a leviathan to death in complete darkness at the bottom of the ocean
>>
>>376580867
Invulnerable
adjective
1. incapable of being wounded, hurt, or damaged.
2. proof against or immune to attack:
A strong navy made Great Britain invulnerable.
3. not open to denial or disproof:
an invulnerable argument.

Invincible
adjective
1. incapable of being conquered, defeated, or subdued.
2. insuperable; insurmountable:
invincible difficulties.
>>
>>376581396
You have a super fighting robot, isn't that enough?
>>
>>376573615
You had an ad on 4chan recently promoting your game
>>
>>376581287
So you want a mode where the only reason you'd die is because you're a brain-dead idiot.
>>
>>376581410
Does making the ship invisible to all creatures make it invulnerable, invincible or neither to creatures specifically as long as the ship does not touch them?
>>
They could have had the most enjoyable horror game of all time.
>>
>>376581542
I want a mode where you still have to look for shit like resources but cant die to the sea monsters and shit because "lol no way to defend yourself from stuff that wants to kill you" is boring as fuck since the only solution to them is just to fuck off and stop what you are doing whenever one swims even close to you
>>
>>376545098
>>376545098
This is what gets me the most. Their creature designs are more along the veign of fantasy monsters than deep sea horror. Too much bioluminescence and bright colors. Just looks sorta laughable, that their Apex predators look like a bright red and white torpedo with a humanoid head at the end, and some tentacle spikes for good measure. I want more creatures in the vein Reefbacks and Striders and less dragons and Leviathans
>>
>>376582015
>the only solution to them is just to fuck off and stop what you are doing whenever one swims even close to you
Over and over and over again as well since none of the deterrents make them really fuck off.
>>
How finished is the game? I want to start playing it.
>>
>>376581595
Sneaking past something to avoid damage because you can be damaged does not make you invincible.

>>376582015
>"lol no way to defend yourself from stuff that wants to kill you"

PRAWN Drill Arm
PRAWN Default Arms
Seamoth Perimeter Defense System
Gas Torpedo
Vortex Torpedo
Ramming them with the Seamoth
Propulsion Cannon with Crashfish ammo (five of them kills a Reaper dead)
Survival Knife

Plenty of ways to kill things in this game. Why does it have to specifically be with a gun?
>>
>>376582510
I had a weird bug where loading a Crashfish into the Gravity Gun would jam it
>>
File: 20160922234708_1.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160922234708_1.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>>376573915
>>stair modules
This, what we need the most for bases is verticality. Ladders suck and stacking multipurpose rooms is useless for anything other than large aquariums
>>
>>376582510
Answer the question. Because calling it sneaking does not change the question. Nor does it accurately portray where the enemies are relative to the ship. They could be 100 meters or 1 meter away in this system, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>376582772
You put them in ass-first, not face-first.
>>
>>376582840
I've answered the question many times, fucktard. Enjoy all the (You)s I gave you.
>>
So I built the Prawn and the Cyclops, explored the Aurora and did the thing on mountain Island. What do I do now? The game's just creepy enough to deter exploration for fun, I need a goal.
>>
Everything should be covered in LEDs and throbbing like a San Francisco nightclub it will be totally spooky.
>>
>>376582967
I see you concede that stealth mode makes you invulnerable to attack and therefore is no different than before other than an annoyance of being attacked if you ever stop using stealth mode.
>>
>>376539720
Is that thing supposed to be scary or something? Because I don't understand the point of it. Can you kill it and make things out of it? Tame it? Use it for some other purpose? Or do you just look at it for a minute and then leave?
>>
>>376582510
I didn't even mention guns just more early game defence methods like a fishing Spear or some sort of harpoon thing would be good
and over half of the shit you have to 'defend' against stuff is late game as fuck where by that point there is not really anything left to do
>>
>>376583441
The propulsion gun is pretty much a futuristic Harpoon
>>
>>376583441
You again.

Make a Scanner, swim to the area beside the Aurora, scan two pieces of the Propulsion Cannon, go back to Lifepod and build one, boom, you now have a fish cannon. And that takes maybe ten minutes at most.
>>
>>376573615
oh my!
>>
>>376582972
Go down to the Lost River and explore the Disease Research Facility, go deeper to the Lava Castle Power Center, then find the Primary Containment Facility.

That's where the story's up to at the moment. There's also Precursor Caches scattered around, one in almost every surface biome (Dunes, Mountains, Crag Field, Sparse Reef, Grand Reef, Deep Grand Reef, Blood Kelp).
>>
>>376578831
Say, what if one deceases the brightness of the game by a dozen percent ?
>>
>>376578831
The only way a deep-sea game can be creepy is using real-life animals or going full Lovecraftian. That's what I've learned from Subnautica threads.
>>
>>376585341
I mean, you can certainly use real life animals as inspiration but there's no need to replicate them. The problem with Subnautica not being creepy is mostly because the stylization, it looks cartoony as fuck and the glowing things are way too bright and frequent. I'm sure someone will make some retexturing work and such when the game is released and improve on that stuff.
>>
>>376585586
Which changes the point of the game, it's not a deep-sea horror game full of jumpscares and instant deaths, it's a survival game set in the ocean with a story and ending. The monsters aren't meant to be unfathomable by human minds or teeth upon teeth upon jaws lusting only for human flesh, they're just alien animals that can impede and threaten your objectives.
>>
>>376585934
I know but there are two polar opposite schools in Subnautica, there's a lot of people (like me) that see the mechanics and wish it was somewhat more grim and terrifying visually, kinda based off the dream of that inexistant Pressure game.
>>
File: 1475957580318.jpg (20KB, 156x166px) Image search: [Google]
1475957580318.jpg
20KB, 156x166px
POP-IN FIXES WHEN
LITERALLY THE ONLY THING BREAKING MY COMFY IMMERSION
GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT
>>
>>376539720
Does the game still run like shit?
>>
>>376580675
They went the story route to appeal to youtubers and kids.
I just hope they add some more creatures because the pace of new lifeforms being added has decreased significantly.
>>
>>376586179
Which is not the devs' vision of the game, and trying to mod and alter it just to fit your personal demand is rather petty.
>>
Being attacked by a leviathan is the scariest videogame moment I ever experienced. I was physically affected and was trying to get away from it IRL. It's like a fucking nightmare to me.
>>
File: 2017-05-10_15-35-29.png (8KB, 243x72px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-10_15-35-29.png
8KB, 243x72px
>>
>>376586590
>WAAAAH DON'T MOD THE GAME JUST BUY IT AND SHUT UP YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CRITICIZE IT.
Fuck off
>>
File: 2017-05-10_15-37-12.png (12KB, 580x67px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-10_15-37-12.png
12KB, 580x67px
>>376586865
>>
>>376586865
>>376586902
Is he mad about pepe or some shit?
>>
File: 1484869185514.jpg (196KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484869185514.jpg
196KB, 1000x600px
>>376586893
>>
>>376586970
Not an argument.
>>
>>376586893
Sorry that pointing it out made you upset. You can always make your own game or ask another dev to make a game like you want instead of taking someone else's work and changing it because it's not exactly what you demand.
>>
File: file.png (103KB, 1144x629px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
103KB, 1144x629px
>>376586969
>>
>>376587149
I believe you meant to reply to this >>376586893
>>
File: file.png (87KB, 1125x437px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
87KB, 1125x437px
>>376587217
>>
Wanted to try this game since I'm absolutely fucking terrified of ocean depths
How is it
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 1141x95px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 1141x95px
>>376587273
>>
>>376586865
>>376586902
>>376587217
>>376587273
>"the gun pasta isn't drawing bites anymore so I'll resort to completely unrelated things to get attention!"
>>
>>376587217
>Poor ruski just wants to meme with his friends
>Timmy tells him it's wrong because someone drew pepe as hitler one time
>Ruski tries to explain that it's a dumb rule but just gives up because he's alone
This is pretty much like attempting to argue with people on /v/
>>
>>376586970
>>376587185
>>376587231

>Samefagging this hard
lmfao
>>
File: 0135 - oiHhR9f.jpg (43KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
0135 - oiHhR9f.jpg
43KB, 473x500px
>>376587512
waiting for someone to draw all of the enemy creatures as pepe just to piss them off
>>
>>376587586
>>376587512
You missed the past threads when these retards whipped themselves into a frenzy over "muh evil rethuglicans want guns in mah gaymes".
But no politics in gayming amirite?
>>
File: 56h7u.jpg (42KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
56h7u.jpg
42KB, 500x488px
>>376587586
Keep me posted for when it happens anon
>>
>>376587281
You're not going to see the lategame. But shallow waters are still fun.
>>
>>376587907
Can you kill the big bad monsters like the leviathan or they're immortal?
>>
File: your destruction will come.png (248KB, 523x467px) Image search: [Google]
your destruction will come.png
248KB, 523x467px
>/pol/ invades yet another thread fo no reason other than shitting and squawking
>>
>>376586893
>All the meme responses to this complaining that its a meme response.
I could spread the irony on toast and eat it for breakfast.
>>
>>376588058
>Everyone I don't like is /pol/.
But please tell me more about how the ebil neo nazis want harpoon guns in subnautica.
>>
>>376588145
You're the one who brought it up. You only did it to derail the thread, like always. You're doing it for the (You)s you think make you important. The rest of us were discussing the game, then you and your friends farted in and starting posting off-topic shit. That's how you operate. So don't get upset when you're told to fuck off and die, child.
>>
File: 1458486686233.png (89KB, 1272x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1458486686233.png
89KB, 1272x1152px
>>376588270
> fuck off and die child

This post is too funny on so many levels
>>
File: lolno.jpg (24KB, 635x183px) Image search: [Google]
lolno.jpg
24KB, 635x183px
>>376588270
Not me, you idiot.
>>
File: 1494459378830.png (258KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494459378830.png
258KB, 480x480px
>>376588270
>Dipshit false flags and gets caught, proceeds to sperg out.
You fail at life.
>>
File: Rock_puncher_vs_human2.jpg (520KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rock_puncher_vs_human2.jpg
520KB, 1920x1080px
>>376588535
>>376588442
>>376588408
>initiate standard /pol/ defense tactics!

Anyway, while these faggots drink their own shit, the Rock Puncher really needs to be worked on next now that they're almost done with the Ghost Leviathan.
>>
>>376588736
>U r /pol/!
no
Your thread died for this.
It was a mercy kill.
>>
File: is this nigga serious.jpg (353KB, 1280x707px) Image search: [Google]
is this nigga serious.jpg
353KB, 1280x707px
>>376588935
You kids would be adorable if you weren't so predictable and retarded in your responses.
>>
>>376589028
Didn't read lol.
>>
File: OarFish-big.jpg (191KB, 584x436px) Image search: [Google]
OarFish-big.jpg
191KB, 584x436px
Oarfish has an uncanny resemblance to the reaper leviathan
>>
cuck devs

cuck game
>>
>>376589314
The expression on that oarfish is hilarious.
>>
>>376545098
They look better in game when you're playing honestly, apart from the sea dragon
>>
>>376589314
Looks more like the River Prowler without the transparent skin
>>
>>376569740
no you freaking turd, they talk unlike "real" posters and write like your community college professor would
>>
File: Large_Deep_Sea_Creatures_05B.jpg (2MB, 4200x2800px) Image search: [Google]
Large_Deep_Sea_Creatures_05B.jpg
2MB, 4200x2800px
>>376589314
I hope the devs make a lot of the concept art creatures. This thing would be a cool threat in the open ocean areas.
>>
>>376566409
I want to fuck it
>>
>>376589648
>N-NANI
>>
This game is really boring.
>>
File: Unknown_fauna_concept.jpg (633KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown_fauna_concept.jpg
633KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.