[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>e3 capcom conference >Resident Evil 2 remake footage finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 19

File: re2_remake_announce.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
re2_remake_announce.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>e3 capcom conference
>Resident Evil 2 remake footage finally shown
>trailer ends
>"coming 2018 for Nintendo Switch"

How mad/glad would you be?
>>
>>376539171
Wouldn't happen. But depends on the game, if it looks amazing I'll get a Switch. If they announce Monster Hunter and RE2make for Switch at E3 I'll buy one immediately.
>>
>>376540019
idk, the RE team has only had a problematic relationship with Sony, even to the point that Shinji Mikami when he was still working for Capcom threatened to quit if they were forced to make a PS2 port of RE4
>>
>>376540264
>even to the point that Shinji Mikami when he was still working for Capcom threatened to quit if they were forced to make a PS2 port of RE4
How did that work out then?
>>
It's almost as if you regret buying this console and hope that there would be any exclusives apart from nintendo shit.
>>
File: 1494014301550.jpg (14KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1494014301550.jpg
14KB, 316x202px
>>376539171
don't even joke about that op
>>
>>376539171
Literally not mad at all.

Assuming its done in the same style of REmake, which I hope they do, it will not be very power hungry. The switch could run it perfectly.

Just like Vanillaware games. They would be much better on the switch so I wouldnt have to waste 40 bucks on the portable version and 60 on the home console one.

All the vita shovelware too. Sometimes I double dip between vita/ps4 but god fuck if I wouldnt love a switch version so I dont have to buy it twice.
>>
>>376540423
I don't wanna bring 'console wars' into this shit but technically the only reason anyone would buy a Switch is for Nintendo only games.
>>
File: Nintendownies.jpg (83KB, 800x677px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendownies.jpg
83KB, 800x677px
>>376539171
>implying the Trashtendo Shitwitch would even able to render the menu in more than 5fps
Fucking Nintendownies are completely delusional
>>
File: 1460752531949.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460752531949.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>capcom confrence
>>
>>376540767
OP is an idiot. TGS is Capcom's venue.
>>
>>376539171
Don't care. I just want to see it already.
>>
This shit wont show up until RE7 will get all of its DLCs
>>
>>376540413

Well, Re4 was ported, but the PS2 port has always been considered inferior to the GC and Wii versions of the game by most fans and despite the fact that Capcom forced the RE team to port it, they still managed to fight against pressure from upper management to port RE-make and RE0.

Mikami and the Re team back then always wanted to make mainline Resident Evil a Nintendo exclusive because they didn't like Sony or its hardware very much. It's just the hype of CD format and the larger install base of Sony's product forced many Jap developers who would have probably preferred to continue making games for Sega or Nintendo to jump ship. It was never really much of a case those developers preferring Sony.

Even back in the PS1 days, all the main resident evils had ports to Sega or Nintendo consoles and Re0 was originally being designed for the N64 before it was finally made for the Gamecube.
>>
>>376540264
>idk, the RE team has only had a problematic relationship with Sony
Except they didn't, you subhuman Nintendicksucker.
Shinji Mikami went full autismo proclaiming he will commit traditional public sudoku if RE4 ever came to any other system than the Gamecube. Capcom said lol k just do it Shia Labouf style and made a PS2 port the mad men. The result was that Mikami got cucked and made a fool of himself
>>
I'm currently about to go out so I apologize if the answer is in the thread or to the fact I can't look this up myself and need spoon feeding, but could someone tell me what happened between Sony and the re team to make it go multiplat n what not?
>>
>>376541078
Again, wall of text by a lying lardass neckbeard permavirgin N64 manchild Nintendicksucker.
Why are Nintendicksuckers all such insane liars?
It's like those nigger history revisionists with their WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIEEEET
>>
File: 1467839835640.png (196KB, 342x359px) Image search: [Google]
1467839835640.png
196KB, 342x359px
>>376539171
>caring about console war shit
>rather than whether or not they ruin it by making it RE 4/5/6 style
>>
>>376541127
>>376541382
except Resident Evil has never been a Sony exclusive, you nog. RE1 came out for Saturn. All the main Resident Evils had PC ports. RE2 and 3 had superior Dreamcast ports (which were the basis for the Gamecube ports). RE2 had a very well received 64 port. And Code Veronica was originally a Dreamcast exclusive before Sega tanked and Capcom later ported it to PS2. And despite the fact that the Gamecube had a much smaller install base than PS2, Mikami was very adamant in his desire for mainline Resident Evil to be a Nintendo exclusive IP because he and the RE team didn't like the PS2. Even now, Resident Evil Origins and RE7 and Revelations are all available on X-Box.
>>
>>376541346
Nothing happened between the RE team and Sony. RE games were always on Sony consoles and will always be on Sony consoles.

There is one extremely pathetic permavirgin N64 kid loser in his late 20s/early 30s who had MUH NINTENDO's dick up the ass for decades so hard that he went mental and is no living in his own Nintendo World with Wahooo Man & Co. Fabricating bullshit on the internet because he sees Sony as MUH NINTENDO's and his arch nemesis ever since Sony raped his beloved company in the ass without any lube and dethroned them forever.
>>
>>376541078
You can't argue that they made far more money from Sony other Nintendo though. It was a good business decision back then, one of the very FEW that Capcom has ever come up with.

I can't argue with the fact that the GC/Dreamcast versions of RE games were the original and better versions though.
>>
>>376539171
I wouldn't care in the slightest. I played RE2 a bunch as a kid. It was great then, but it's shit now and a new coat of paint isn't going to really make it special desu
>>
>>376541649
>except Resident Evil has never been a Sony exclusive, you nog
Where did I ever claim that, you feces eating Nintendickgobbler?
>>
>>376541847
Oh, colorful description.
>>
>>376539171
I would execute order 99 and create the first american empire!
>>
>>376540264
He said that like 15 years ago, man
>>
>>376541847
>>376541973
I'm wondering if you're just pretending to be the portrait of a triggered Sonybro
>>
>>376541608
at least one person has their priorities in order. if I don't get a fixed camera and beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds I don't give a fuck
>>
File: misterious soldier.jpg (46KB, 538x548px) Image search: [Google]
misterious soldier.jpg
46KB, 538x548px
If they made RE2 on the switch it wont be a remake, it would be a port.
>>
>>376539171
even RE engine still doesnt run at switch now. never ever
>>
>>376539171
i wouldn't care, its going to be on all platforms, most likely.
>>
>>376540926
>TGS is Capcom's venue

TGS is not event like E3. its for gamers like gamescom. no one has their conference
>>
>>376539171
Won't happen because one of the reasons this game got the green light in the first place was because of the record sales the remaster of Remake had across multiple platforms. It could end up on Switch as well though, I don't know much about that system and don't care to.
>>
>>376541346
Resident Evil has been a multiplatform series since the very beginning. The first game had all it's success on PlayStation, but it was also on the Saturn. 2 and 3 got ports to the N64 and Dreamcast, and 4 has of course been on fucking everything. Code Veronica was originally a Dreamcast exclusive, but was later ported to the PS2, GameCube and presumably Xbox with Code Veronica X. 5 and 6 were PS3/360 titles, and they eventually got ported to PS4 and Xbone. 7 is of course also multiplatform.

So nothing has ever happened between Sony and the RE team at Capcom. Anything you hear otherwise is just typical /v/ rumormill garbage with sad, lonely teenagers looking for something scandlous to talk about.
>>
>>376539171

As an exclusive? Pretty mad. Would not buy a Switch though. Nothing can ever make me support Nintendo again after what they did.
>>
>>376542736
Still it's a games show, and to be honest Capcom reveal everything there. I can't remember the last Capcom game that was announced at E3 over TGS.
>>
>>376541919
>RE2
>Shit now
Confirmed for having not played the game in 15 years. I play through it at least twice a year, sometimes I stream it even, and that game holds up amazingly well.
>>
>>376542958
And what did they do?
>>
>>376541904
>You can't argue that they made far more money from Sony other Nintendo though.

I never was arguing against that. At the time, it made perfect business sense. i don't blame Capcom for putting the games on Sony consoles, they're a business and they're looking to make money after all. But the point I think to remember is that Capcom has never had any special loyalty to Sony and it's not as though RE is Sony's property. Capcom was willing to keep RE-make and Zero exclusive to the Gamecube despite the fact that they could have made more money on the PS2 because the RE team at the time preferred the Gamecube over the PS2. Capcom also was one of the biggest supporters of the Dreamcast, with many exclusive titles.

As far as Capcom's behavior in the past, going so far as to say "RE2.5 is a Switch exclusive, lol" to angry cries of Sony fanboys wouldn't be unprecedented just as it wouldn't it be unprecedented for it to be announced for all platforms either. Capcom has always had a history of making weird exclusives for non-Sony platforms that might have sold better on Sony's console or from refraining from porting many exclusives to other platforms for almost no apparent reason, as was the case with some of the most popular games in the Capcom DC library (why powerstone never got a PS2 or Gamecube port after the console died baffles me).

>>376542921
>So nothing has ever happened between Sony and the RE team at Capcom.
Not as far as business goes, but many developers at Capcom always preferred other platforms to Sony. Capcom's relationship with Sony has always been one of strictly business partners, not friends.
>>
>>376541649
>RE1 came out for Saturn
Based on the PS1 version
>All the main Resident Evils had PC ports
Based on the PS1 version
>RE2 and 3 had superior Dreamcast ports
Based on the PS1 version and due to Dreamcast being far more superior in terms of power the ports were of course marginally better
> (which were the basis for the Gamecube ports).
>M-MUH NINTENDO!
>RE2 had a very well received 64 port.
LOL!
>And Code Veronica was originally a Dreamcast exclusive
True, it was originally a Dreamcast game and later got ported to all kinds of systems, including Xbox and even PS4.
>And despite the fact that the Gamecube had a much smaller install base than PS2
That means fuckall, Capcom and Nintendo made a new partnership back then which Resident Evil was part of, also the legendary Capcom Five.
>Mikami was very adamant in his desire for mainline Resident Evil to be a Nintendo exclusive IP because he and the RE team didn't like the PS2
That's a lie you disgusting, subhuman Nintendicksucker. He wanted it to be a Gamecube game because it was more powerful than the PS2. That's the simple reason.
>Even now, Resident Evil Origins and RE7 and Revelations are all available on X-Box.
Yes, and how does this play into your argument that RE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MUH NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE CUZ SONY IS A POOPER AND I HAET THEM :(

I'm fine with fanboys, but what I can't stand to death are conditionless corporate cock suckers who lie and pull out the most outlandish and ridiculous bullshit out of their ass to fit their fabricated narrative. And if you actually believe this shit yourself you really need to seek fucking help or do the world a favour, especially your disappointed parents and kill yourself you mentally ill manchild.
>>
>>376539171
I hate exclusives on principle but I'd be pretty glad to see the shitstorm on /v/
>>
>>376543309
Why would anyone at Sony and Capcom need to be friends in order for RE games to be on the platform?
>>
>>376543309
>Capcom's relationship with Sony has always been one of strictly business partners, not friends.
There are no friends in business, you shit breather.
>>
File: Chris v Leon.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Chris v Leon.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
Well this thread went to shit. Lets switch subjects..

Who is the best character in the series and why is it Chris?
>>
File: best.jpg (64KB, 450x535px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
64KB, 450x535px
>>376543887
Is this even a question?
>>
File: Clairewink.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Clairewink.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>376544389
Oh you sly dog you.
>>
File: Leon.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Leon.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
>>376543887
Soon my boy Leon will kill zombies in style with Roidfield in 2 weeks.
>>
File: interactivity.webm (2MB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
interactivity.webm
2MB, 960x576px
>>376539171
How exactly do console releases of this game matter to you when there is a PC version which even has mouse controls (which are mandatory if you want to have fun with a game that requires aim)?

Can you explain this to me?
>>
>>376539171
>Resident Evil 2
>"coming 2018 for Nintendo Switch"

It aint happening. The reason were getting Resident evil 2 is becouse based sony and xbros bought remake. Faggot nnintohdllers didnt buy it when it was on gamecube.
>>
File: 30539634.jpg (199KB, 841x730px) Image search: [Google]
30539634.jpg
199KB, 841x730px
>>376544912
Is the JP version dubbed on release? If so, can't wait. It's been too long, they need to fight some shit together for once instead of each other.
>>
>>376544912
>2017
>still being a Leonfag
You need to be redpilled.
>>
>>376545140
>le PC le Moose and K-bird le only I'm le having le fun

Moron
>>
>>376545478
Why am I a moron for choosing a way to play that's way, way, way more comfortable and easier, also more realistic?

I really don't get it. I have a Switch and I can buy whatever console there is but I just choose the best way since this is what makes sense. It's a buyer's market, exploit it.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 1024x576px
>>376545140
>KB + M
>"aiming" in a fixed camera game
>work over d-pad perfection play

Do you even actually like RE games m8? Your fag is showing.
>>
File: skullchips.jpg (312KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
skullchips.jpg
312KB, 1059x962px
I'd probably jihad the capcom corporate offices after what they did to street fighter, that would just be the icing on the cake

also should I play the DC version or PS1, I never played RE2 but I really want to
>>
>>376545589
>more realistic

What the actual fuck are you even talking about?? Realistic? Mouse? For a remake of RE2? Whaaaaaaaaaat?
>>
>>376545750
SF should have stopped at 2.
>>
File: Claire.gif (950KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Claire.gif
950KB, 500x281px
>>376545325
The voices will be in english with jp subtitles IIRC.

>>376545345
But I like being a Leonfag
>>
>>376543887
Barry, but Chris comes at a close second place
>>
>>376539171
>>e3 capcom conference
>>Resident Evil 2 remake footage finally shown
>>trailer ends
>>"coming 2018 for PS3, PS4, XBOX360, XBONE and PC"
>>
>>376541078
Every single platform decision iw made foe business reasons. Deva don't actually give a solie fuck unless they are being limited to shitty hardware.
>>
>ends up looking and running worse than the original
>>
File: BarryEpi.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BarryEpi.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>376546115
You do realise none of his 'kids' are his? They were his wife's previous partner. He's a fucking joke.
>>
>>376543319
>Based on the PS1 version
which means fuck all. of course, none of the ports were "based on the ps1 version". It's more accurate to say that all versions of the game are based on the same source code, which just happened to be ported itself to PS1 first.

>That means fuckall, Capcom and Nintendo made a new partnership back then which Resident Evil was part of
Yes, and the RE team was fine with that because the PS2's hardware was fucking garbage and Mikami had no problem whatsoever making RE a Nintendo exclusive. Even RE0 was in development as a 64 exclusive way before that deal and Mikami tried to resist pressure from the Capcom execs to go back on said deal, a deal which he himself was involved in, in Re4's case despite the fact that Capcom stood to make more money doing PS2 port.

>That's a lie you disgusting, subhuman Nintendicksucker. He wanted it to be a Gamecube game because it was more powerful than the PS2. That's the simple reason.
Mikami was trying to get away from developing for the PS2 since practically day. Not only was it weaker than the gamecube and x-box, it was also harder to develop for in general. Any experienced developer worth his salt knew that. Mikami was also interested in developing for the X-Box at first. Mikami preferred the Gamecube to the PS2 because it was a superior piece of hardware made by a company that he himself respected more (as he holds Shigeru Miyamoto in relatively high esteem as a developer) and he himself hoped that Resident Evil might help the Gamecube attract a new market that would bolster its overall sales. The issue back then was that the developers at Capcom like Mikami were forced by market pressures to develop for a console they really didn't like. And even during the PS1 days, Capcom's developers knew Sony's console was a piece of shit that couldn't even handle fucking 2d right.
>>
>>376546181
No need to spoiler PC. Most RE titles make it on there too.
>>
>>376539171

Whatever. Its no less anti-consumer than any other console exclusive.
>>
>>376546312
The betrayal will never be forgotten
>>
File: boi.jpg (90KB, 750x361px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
90KB, 750x361px
>>376545897
true, HF or ST are definitely the best SF games, but sf4 was pretty good (so were a2 and a3 even though were a bit too anime mechanically in terms of having airblock and guard meter and starting with full meter in the case of sfa3 and overpowered alpha counter in a2), I didn't like TS and don't get the wanking over it

unfortunately the fgc always dickrides the newest game and the sf2 community is so fucking dead, all the good players like damdai, afrolegends, and others have long left

I'll probably make the move to anime games because at least ARCSYS understands fighting games whereas nu-capcom doesn't
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>376546312
>Talking shit about Barry "I have this" Burton
I'll kill you later
>>
>>376543585
>>376546208
you're confusing the developers with the execs. In the case of Mikami and the whole GC/PS2 drama, it was a case of Mikami making decisions as a developer rather than as a businessman, which bit him and Capcom in the ass financially, even if the product of that deal with Nintendo was some solid software.
>>
>>376543136
Played the game less than a year ago. It's not scary, difficult, or even much of a survival game these days. On top of that it has all the early Capcom 3D problems (shit camera, controls, etc)
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.