[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why oh why did they make this? It sold poorly and now Deus Ex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Why oh why did they make this? It sold poorly and now Deus Ex is "on hold" for God knows how long. I'm starting to doubt we'll ever see the adventures of JC Denton in current-generation graphics.
>>
>Why oh why did they make this?

They thought mechanical aparteid was a good idea
>>
>>376537898
That whole theme was so heavy-handed and poorly done that I couldn't help but cringe every time they tried to force it in
>>
Bump. No one wants to talk about DX?
>>
>publisher demands you release an unfinished game so they can sell the rest of it as sequels and DLC
>game isn't received very well
>"woooooow what the fuck eidos, you're never going to make this shit again"
>>
>>376537898
>hey people love games about current issues right?
>right?
>>
>>376537784
#Auglivesmatter
>>
>>376538581
To be honest I haven't played the MD DLCs yet, but just reading about them, they don't even look as if they "complete" MD. Isn't one of them just an extended mission where Jensen is in prison or something?
>>
What I don't understand about the new DX games is that they surely must know that making a full remaster of the original would sell much more (due to the status of the original and nostalgia) than even the best Jensen game they could possibly make
>>
>>376539181
It would show the disparity in depth of atmosphere and storytelling comapred to modern games.

This is why you never get remakes of old games, just
>relaunches
>basically use the name as a selling point for an unrelated game
>>
>>376537784
Nothing wrong making it, but the story being basically incomplete totally ruined it, would have been just as great as the previous one if they just put some more effort.

Either way I just started to play this shit again, it still a great game if you love this kind of stuff/the theme it has going for it.

Threre was some sick scenes, I want to go back to them and take screenshots and make myself a new background or few.
>>
>>376539684
From a raw gameplay perspective it's a big improvement on HR, but still, Prague is a boring map and the few "mission only" places you can visit are very dull and boring. Golem City has that terrible overdone "metal city" feel to it and GARM and London are just like fighting through the Sarif Industries factory all over again
>>
>>376537784
I liked playing it, but holy fuck does it not make any sense.
>>
>>376540259
I'd say that it sort of makes sense, but it ends in a really stupid position. It's like if HR ended after you fight Barrett.
>>
File: 1474322014264.jpg (75KB, 841x950px) Image search: [Google]
1474322014264.jpg
75KB, 841x950px
>>
Why is the original Deus Ex better than the new ones?
>>
>>376537784
>I'm starting to doubt we'll ever see the adventures of JC Denton in current-generation graphics.
Good. They fucked it up and I hope they finally understand what made previous titles great, even HR was good. MD was fucking terrible.
>>
To be honest, the game sounds pretty damn good to me and the scores were quite decent. Does it end on some massive, unsatisfying cliffhanger?
>>
>>376537784
>I'm starting to doubt we'll ever see the adventures of JC Denton in current-generation graphics.
GOOD. Anyone who thinks Deus Ex should be remade is fucking cancer.

Deus Ex is an amazing game and if you can't get past the crappiness of Liberty Island you don't deserve to play it.

Protip: Just let the Mechs kill the guards when spotted.
>>
>>376544731
Unsatisfying is the right word. You accomplish almost nothing in the game, and a few things are revealed to the player at the end to set up a sequel.
>>
>>376544731
The game isn't that bad, but the story is pretty unsatisfying. You can tell they wanted to split it up into too many games.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.