[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uncharted 4 is one year old today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 70

File: UC4 combat.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
UC4 combat.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Now that the dust has truly settled, was it really all that bad?
>>
>>376536774
Yes.
>>
Yes. Don't @ me
>>
>>376536774

No, it was great, no joke.
>>
File: secret agent man.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
secret agent man.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>376536851
why?
>>
File: 1494443953644.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1494443953644.webm
3MB, 960x540px
it feels like it came out just a few months ago
>>
>>376536774
I went with zero expectations because 'mu movie games' and only played it because it came bundled with my PS4.
It's a fun game 2bh
>>
It sucked, the villainess was unbelievable. Stronk woman would get blown the fuck out by two crippled Drake brothers, literally retarded. Rest of game was fine but even at free I felt ripped off.
>>
>>376536774
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>376537010
Because you like it.
>>
>>376536774
It was kinda fun but the original trilogy is a lot better. I guess that's what happens when you fire a competent writer over some SJW bullshit.
>>
File: 1450563684845.jpg (25KB, 272x306px) Image search: [Google]
1450563684845.jpg
25KB, 272x306px
No. It just dragged in the final act. It feels like they crammed in the entirety of U1 at the end of the game.
>>
File: Rafe.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Rafe.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>376537368
Nadine was definitely the weakest link, but I don't feel like she ruined the whole game. The plot is only one aspect of it.

Did you play the multiplayer?
>>
>Now that the dust has truly settled, was it really all that bad?
If you want an actual game, yes, it was that bad. If you are ok with it being a cinematic experience first and foremost then it's an OK game. Nadine knocked it down a few notches.
>>
Nah I loved it, a great ending to the series
>>
Coming from loving the first one but hating 2 and 3. I really enjoyed 4 single player as it goes back to the spirit of the first game by having MOST OF THE FUCKIN GAME IN UNCHARTED AREAS.
>>
File: run and gun.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
run and gun.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>376537647
What was more annoying to me (and most people) was that he wrote it to be paced like a movie. That made it so the first six or so chapters were very slow - mostly just story and filler with minimal action - before it finally started picking up and you started getting regular combat encounters. There was fighting in the prison flashbacks, at least.

The scuba section was especially bad about this. It felt like a Nathan-at-work simulator
>>
i liked how the sony marketers tried to retroactively convince /v/ that they cared about uncharted
>>
>>376538189
This.
>>
File: one frame from death.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
one frame from death.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>376537730
Are you talking about the parts from the island on? That was more the middle of the game to the end of the game than it was the final act. And it was also where action really started to pick up and the difficulty spiked.

Do you mean you wanted more globetrotting and less time on the island?
>>
Bad? Who said it was bad? It was just a little too long

Also the best is still 3
>>
File: 1468434788359.jpg (33KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1468434788359.jpg
33KB, 500x373px
>>376538751
>the best is still 3
Top tier pleb taste
>>
File: Uncharted 4 poisoned.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted 4 poisoned.webm
3MB, 800x450px
is there a game with better animations out there?
>>
>>376539575
Horizon Zero Dawn
>>
>>376536774
Witcher 3 did the whole "play for the story" better, so yeah it's shit.
>>
Yes.

>sheboon slaps nathan's shit so hard he can't even cover his face properly during their tussle
>when he wrestled roided up 7 foot tall men cosplaying as yetis just a few years ago/2 games before this one

Thank you social justice.
>>
>>376539575
No. There's good ones like TW3 and MGS V, but none of this quality
>>
File: 1488268934893.jpg (113KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1488268934893.jpg
113KB, 798x770px
>>376536774
It's been a year already?
>>
>>376536774
people are just butthurt they can't pirate it on their shitty PC's. I only played Uncharted 2 and 3, and if those are anything to go by, 4 is probably damn fun too.
>>
The game itself was pretty fun. The story was shit though, but thats nothing new this gen for a game to have good gameplay and shitty story.
>>
If you like the whole "interactive action movie" genre then it's a great game.
>>
File: crushing difficulty.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
crushing difficulty.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>376540461
So just because you think another game did it better, it means it's "shit"?

Personally I didn't play it for the story so much as I did for the gameplay. I played all the Uncharted games for the gameplay; the story has always just been a corny Indiana Jones knockoff and an excuse for more action
>>
>>376540981
Are there really only like two gameplay webms that exist of this game? Or does everyone just post webms from the same two areas?
>>
File: 645160.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
645160.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>giant prison break with armed soldiers, explosions, and dozens dead leading to the escape of the world most wanted drug kingpin
>Drake gets fooled thinking this happened despite never seeing it on tv or hearing people talk about it
>in real life some fat Mexican drug dealer tunneled out of his jail cell
>it was all over the tv and web for weeks

>pirate ship filled with gold burns and sinks in a shallow cove
>at the end of the game Drake owns an underwater salvage company
>he doesn't go back and get all the gold
>>
The Uncharted series is the Avatar of the video game industry. It's really nice to look at but other than that it's total shit.
>>
File: rumble.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
rumble.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>376541294
every single gameplay webm posted ITT has actually been from a different fight in a different area in the game. It's true that there are only like 30-some fights in the game though
>>
>>376541806
I love the filters in this game.
>>
File: 1493211051057.png (28KB, 565x552px) Image search: [Google]
1493211051057.png
28KB, 565x552px
>>376538305
That's what has me fearing for Last of Us 2 part 2... Bruce straley isn't there to put cuckmann in his place.
>>
>>376536774
It's the best in the series and makes the other games in the franchise obsolete.
>>
>>376539575
This scene right here is what establish Naughty dog above anyone else storytelling wise. The combination of good narrative, character development, good graphics and animation shows what no other studio can replicate to date. What Elena implies to Drake when he finishes his explanation and their faces says so much about the characters until that point.

>>376540250
While im enjoying Horizon a ton making dinosaurs battle royal all the time, it really isn't better than Uncharted 4. Uncharted (and last of us) have realistic interaction during a conversation. Horizons graphics and facial animations are impressive, plus the lip synching is on point, but they are rendered in a way that is not believable. Like fallout, mass effect and any other western developer really, they zoom the characters face and make twitches and unrealistic eye contact during the whole conversation which can take from 15 seconds to 5 minutes.
On Horizon's favor, they can't script all the time different animation while talking since its an open world environment.
>>
File: mad max.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mad max.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>376541375
They never say that they did not go back to get it. They had a pretty nice beach house - maybe they did get it, or just let Sam go back and retrieve it all. I really hope we don't find out that Nadine went back and got it, because she really doesn't deserve it.

And yeah, it was kind of dumb of Drake not to check whether the drug lord really broke out, but at least he admits it. He says to Elena, "If I had just looked it up..."
It kind of matches up with how he's always being manipulated by his enemies to find the treasure for them in every game though. Drake is very easy to manipulate like that because he gets so excited about the hunt that he doesn't even try anything that could possibly interrupt him on his quest.
>>
>>376536774
Not really, but it wasn't anywhere near worthy of a fucking 10/10
>>
File: cop chase setpiece.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
cop chase setpiece.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>376542570
me too... Straley has been "game director" for UC2, TLOU and UC4, while Druckmann was always the "creative director" for TLOU and UC4. Druckmann did a really good job on The Last of Us and with its story, but I'm fearing that he's getting way too full of himself from all the praise that that game got. And now Straley is on "sabbatical" while Druckmann takes care of TLOU 2 entirely by himself. We can only hope he knows well enough to take constructive criticism to heart, and to question himself whether he is always taking the right course of action with the game.
>>
>>376536774
Had a great story and equally as great writing behind it but it was just way too fucking much at some points, the fact that they made the boss fight with black chick a force lose scenario was irritating, although it was carried by the fun combat in the later chapters, it wasn't bad but I feel this series would be a lot better if they were actual movies with a fun director running the show.
>>
>>376536774
>One year old and hardly ever talked about
>Skyrim is 6 years old and people still talk about it
>Super Mario is 32 years old and people still talk about it

Like the PedoStation4, it may have some spark, right now, but, it will leave no lasting impression.
>>
>>376544168
>>Skyrim is 6 years old and people still talk about it

Yeah we talk about how fucking god awful it is, it didn't have a lasting impression at least not in a good way.
>>
>>376536774
I didn't have much fun with any of them honestly because i was so shit at them. Might have helped that the nathan drake collection and 4 were like the first console 3rd person shooters I ever played but all the combat went like
>dip out of cover for half a second to shoot
>grey screen, go back into cover until I recover and repeat
>>
File: camera control.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
camera control.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>376544058
I think they would make mediocre movies. Though the games have a fantastically cinematic presentation, the actual plot has never the strong point. One of the best things about the game is that it feels like a crazy action movie where you control both the actors and the camera in real time. If you make it into an actual action movie instead of a game, you take all that away and all you are left with is the meh plot and one fixed action sequence of action that has no variables to it.

I don't think there is a game out there with a better gameplay camera. It always stays where you leave it, moves where you want it to (except it has no zoom control) and rotates/zooms into positions that give you the best looking angles possible for the action you are currently performing. This webm is an example: the first jeep is taken with no player input for camera movement, and the second is taken with (and maybe with too much movement, but it depends on the individual player how it works out)
>>
>>376544809
While I enjoy it's third person shooter aspect since I didn't have a gears of war machine, the strength of uncharted comes in its action adventure nature and the unique narritive in story and characters. It's not because it has great gunplay or puzzle solving.
If you don't enjoy those, you certainly won't enjoy the other gameplay aspects altogheter.
>>
>>376538653
You could condense the island down to the one confrontation where Nadine has her final showdown with Sam and Drake, the truth about Sam's betrayal comes out, Drake getting hurt, Elena finding him, them realizing they fell in love with each other because of adventuring and they still kind of love it, finding the building with all the dead pirate lords, and then the ship showdown. 2 to 3 hours tops.

Instead, it drags on for what feels like 6 or 7 hours. It doesn't help that they didn't shake up the scenery that much. There's very little discernible difference between jungle and city overgrown with jungle. There's a short stint in a shipyard and then finale in a cove, but they still feel like just extensions of a jungle.

U2 had the midpoint of the game start in Nepal, but Nepal's village, ice caves, mountain monastery, and underground rain forest all feel really different from each other. I don't every game to feel like U2 since it may be the best paced game I've ever played where I've found myself finishing it one sitting because of the "Let me finish this one part before I go to bed" mentality, get sucked into a really awesome, rolling action setpiece only to say, "well I can finish this next part pretty quick," and then engrossed again, etc. U4 I was just exhausted with the island at the end. Lots of story and gameplay tension defused by what just feels like walking through the jungle or scrambling around cliffs. I get it, they really needed to make the geography feel realized and you're working your way into the heart of an island. I get it, it's just not that engaging. And then the caves part with exploding mummies? I found myself thinking, "God, can this end already?" many times on the island.
>>
I mean I really liked it, but it's a little flawed
>Story is good but everything to do with Sam is pretty bad
>Gameplay is good but there just isn't enough of it to really appreciate how fun it is
>I appreciate having a final boss, but I wish it wasn't a glorified QTE
Game looks good tho
>>
>>376536774
....well i dont buy the typical /v criticms of uncharted anymore after everyone praised persona 5 a game which has more cut scenes in it than all uncharted games combined.
It is a good game even if /v doesnt agree cause it doesnt have weeb nonsense and masturbation bait crap in it.
>>
File: one man army.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
one man army.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>376542637
I would rank them 4 > 2 >> 3 >>> 1

4 is pretty flawed by its SJW story elements like Nadine, and its slow, movie-like pacing at the beginning, but when you compare the gameplay, interactivity, and storytelling / presentation head to head against 2, it is really not flattering at all to the old games. The previous games did have more action overall, but the fights were almost always of the setpiece-type, with very little variety in how you could approach the combat (or the climbing even). The combat in 4 alternated between long setpieces ("escape-the-exploding-building while under attack"), stealth-arena playgrounds, and survival-type arenas where you have to push the rushing enemy back as hard as you can.

For the time that each game was released, however, I think that 2 had less flaws than 4
>>
>>376539575
That scene was so fucking good.
>>
>>376536774
It was fine, they just took too many pages from TLoA with the slow story bits
gameplay was fine besides the shit fights with Nadine and dickhead. 2 was still better but 4 wasn't even close to being bad
but I wish they'd use mystic stuff in the story still
maybe Nadine and Chloe will fight wizard mummies
>>
>>376537010
Takes one punch to kill a man, or 20 bullets.
>>
>No Doughnut Drake.
>>
File: cutscene to gameplay.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cutscene to gameplay.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>376546279
I can definitely see where you're coming from. I remember a lot of people complaining about the Scotland section when the game came out, saying it was the worst part, but I thought it was actually a great little self-contained adventure on its own. The beginning consisted of four stealth-arena encounters mixed between climbing and puzzles, while the middle was mostly climbing + puzzles, and the end was a long setpiece fight to escape in the Uncharted 2 style.

It would have been nice for there to be more globe trotting and variety instead of the whole second half of the game taking place on the island, but I really didn't mind it so much because the scenery was just so gorgeous. The insides of the pirate mansions, the jungles, the ship graveyard, and the half-destroyed cities hanging dangerously off cliffs were all beautiful and provided for fun and vertical combat environments. Even the fight in the cave wasn't that bad IMO because it made you feel so claustrophobic and trapped as you were bumrushed harder than in any other fight. But yeah, the mummies were pretty tedious.
>>
>>376537010
Because half the game is boring as fuck, with way too much telling and not enough showing. Compare it to Uncharted 2, or hell, even 1 and 3, and it is pretty obvious 4 too more cues from the Order 1886 than it should have.
>>
2 > 4 >>>>> 3 > 1
>>
File: husband wife double team.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
husband wife double team.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>376548150
I don't get why anyone would think it is "boring as fuck" on the first playthrough. On repeat playthroughs, yeah, I can totally understand why you would want to skip the climbing / puzzle sections that are for storytelling, since it's akin to rewatching a movie you've already seen, but for the first playthrough, no.

Uncharted 2 was only better in regard to what you're talking about because there was pretty much constant fighting and setpieces in every chapter. When replaying UC2, I always felt about as bored redoing the puzzle sections and climbing areas (which were more linear) as I would replaying those equivalent areas in UC4; it's just UC4 had a lot more of those areas by comparison. Fortunately, 4 has the combat-encounter select in the main menu, to let you skip to any of the action parts on-demand after you completed the game.
>>
>>376536774
I played it and it didn't feel as good as the other games, 2 by far is the best game in the series for me.
>>
>>376537010
>can effortlessly murder dozens of men whilst getting shot
>gets beaten up by a nigress like a bitch
Really makes you think
>>
File: too heavy.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
too heavy.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>376547741
Doughnut Drake would have been fucking hilarious with 4's graphics. A real disappointment he was removed from the game by Druckmann because he thought the series had "grown out" of using him. As I understand it, he was already modeled and everything, ready to be used in the game.

What a motherfucker.
>>
/v/ hates games but I don't, I loved this.
I liked the option to approach almost every combat stealthily and avoid the repetitive shooting and loved
how detached are story sequences from combat sequences.
Probably my favorite after Uncharted 2.
>>
I played all four games back to back for the very first time earlier this year.

>UC1
Pretty mediocre but a good setup for the characters.
>UC2
Fantastic for its awe factor. Linear and the gameplay is pretty limited but it was never meant to be some deep sim or anything. Excels at what it sets out to do and it's a really fucking fun time if you're not super picky.
>UC3
Pretty flawed but otherwise a good game.
>UC4
First time I loved a game in this series for its gameplay instead of just the characters.

I loved how open ended so many of the encounters are, you have a whole lot of options and everything's fast and fluid as hell. Honestly I think UC4 is pretty much the gold standard for AAA action games at this point. It's got fantastic characters and writing, a decent plot, great setting, the best animation in the industry, stunning graphics for a PS4, and most importantly the gameplay is rock fucking solid.

One of the best cameras I've seen in recent memory, as well as fast and fluid combat. Animations go a long way to this end as well.

Overall I think it's a strong 8/10, it's a legitimately great game and goes well above and beyond simple AAA cover shooting. It was certainly overhyped by critics but /v/ has been pretty egregiously contrarian with the series too.
>>
File: truck rush.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
truck rush.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>376550315
>>376547678
relax, it's just standard videogame shit. Most arcadey shooters like this have melee attacks that are stronger than smg / pistol attacks, because it's so much riskier and requires so much more planning to get up-close enough to be able to perform them.
>>
>>376536774
The shootouts are pretty fun but the pacing is monotonous and there's lots of climbing, and the climbing is kind of boring. Looks good for a console game. Overall a pretty good game. Definitely not GOTY though.
>>
>>376536774
It was pretty fun. Brought some much-needed mechanical polish to the franchise on top of just being a super pretty game for the console.
>>
>>376550315
That scene is actually you playing through a completely made up, bullshit version of events that one character is telling to another.
>>
>>376536774
it's an unremarkable snorefest with no creativity and only a few hours of gameplay. I honestly thought the new tomb raider was better.
>>
>>376539575

LA Noire wipes the floor with cuckcharted
>>
I got Uncharted 4 as a pack-in with my PS4 but I still haven't played it.

Is it fine to just go in or should I play the other ones first? The trilogy is only $20.
>>
>>376552341
It 100% should be played in order of release. 4 is relatively independent and does have some callbacks, but it's significantly more poignant in context as the ending of all the character arcs. Play the trilogy first, it'll be worth it.

1 is a bit of a shitty slog, 2 is great, 3 is good, and 4 is the best by a country mile.
>>
>>376545097
I'd forgotten the importance of a good camera until recently when playing Snake Pass on Switch. That game is fantastic, in no small part due to its entirely unique movement mechanics, but can be infuriating at times because the camera doesn't know how to give you the view you need. Which is a problem, because due to the button inputs required you don't have the spare time or fingers to adjust it with the right stick.
>>
>>376552341
4 is basically a sendoff to the core cast of 1-3. It stands as its own story, but I don't see it having the same impact otherwise.
If you're interested, the PS4 ports of the first three are absolutely excellent. Easily the best way to play them.
>>
File: trapped.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
trapped.webm
3MB, 768x432px
IMO the game has really underrated enemy AI. It's really designed to keep you moving and discourage standard cover-shooting whack-a-mole style gameplay as much as possible.

I replayed most of the encounters on crushing to the point of mastery, and the enemy squad-tactics, pathing (with respect to the player's line of sight), and decision-making capabilities are all almost FEAR tier. You are always being flanked, moving or not, and they're constantly entrenching across from you and trying to flush you out if they know your position. The only thing that makes it worse is that - depending on your current situation and whether or not you fucked up enough to "deserve" to die and lose all your progress - they will sometimes hold-off on shooting you (especially when off-screen) to make the game not feel impossibly hard. FEAR doesn't have this because you are given advantages like slo-mo and mouse-aim, with corridors everywhere to be used as cover, so that it can never really feel impossibly difficult like that.
>>
>>376552319
LA Noire is only good at facial animations. The tech is equivalent a recorded video of a real person's facial expressions being played on the character model's face. And the results are really not that much better than the facial animations in UC4, while the game has considerably worse non-facial animations
>>
No. It's unironicaly one of the few best games on the memeS4. I juat shitpost calling it a movie to get a rise out of sonybros.
>>
>>376544321
>Yeah we talk about how fucking god awful it is

Yeah, sure buddy.
>>
>>376553615
The facial animations are also framerate-locked in LA Noire, a side effect of the technology used. They're also only as good as the actor involved, since there's no way to change or clean up a take. A mocapped scene in Uncharted may be the tweaked composite of several different takes, both audio and motion data.
>>
>>376553090
also, I admit this webm doesn't really seem to exemplify those anti-whack-a-mole AI behaviors much. It's because the player has positioned himself so that the friendly AI is protecting his flank while all the enemies are still concentrated in their spawn locations and pouring out the doors, while retreating from the player's blindfiring.

These anti-camping behaviors only really start to manifest a few seconds later, with the shotgun guy (that gets killed before he can destroy the player's cover), and then the other rushing guy who sees the player out of bullets, and the guy who throws the grenade.
>>
>>376537010
shit animations
>>
Is the multiplayer any good? There's coop survival and competitive right?
>>
>>376537010
nice animations
>>
>>376553824
I guess, if you're talking about exclusives but that really isn't saying much
>>
>>376554984
Its pretty good. Its more team oriented tho. So it lacks other stuff like free for all.
>>
>>376536774
what movie is this?
this also is a datamining thread
have fun /v/eddit
>>
>>376550548
I played through UC2 twice as Doughnut Drake.
I had almost forgot how the normal Drake looked like at one point until one of my visiting friends came over and asked why he was fat and realised I should probably change him back.
>>
My problem with UC is that most of the fun comes from seeing and not from doing. The game could play itself that it would be be just as entertaining.
>>
>>376555664
That's definitely true of the climbing but the shooting is pretty interactive, if a bit "press x to awesome" at times.
>>
File: kicked in yo chest.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
kicked in yo chest.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>376554503
>>376555290
responsiveness > realism
>>
>>376555436
what is a datamining thread?
>>
>>376555664
The game is about controlling action setpieces that are only seen in movies. Thats as interactive as it gets.
>>
>uncharted 4 shills
Lol, sorry your shit game didnt win GOTY, but hey, atleast it ended the series that should have stopped at 2
>you really do know a game is shit when the only times its being talked about is when people are shilling it to others
>>
>>376556092
>didn't win goty

It did tho.
https://gotypicks.blogspot.com/?m=1

You have earned your (you)
>>
i was going to get this the other day but instead i got dragon quest builders. maybe i should have gotten this, because i still need to play the fourth one
>>
File: .,...png (66KB, 856x450px) Image search: [Google]
.,...png
66KB, 856x450px
>>376556359
Better luck next time kiddo
>>
>>376556359
So did Skyrim, even though a lot better games were released that same year. Critic GOTY picks don't indicate much other than popularity.
>>
File: bum rushed crushing.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
bum rushed crushing.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>376556092
UC4 doesn't need shilling. It comes bundled with the cheap PS4. Millions of people own it who never even wanted it for this reason. The sales are over 8 million copies last I checked. And every good game gets an appreciative thread at least once in a while. Today is UC4's birthday so you really shouldn't be surprised.

I've got all these webms for the game because I admittedly used to be *obsessed* with it (like XV-kun tier, or the HZD-webm-guy), playing it almost daily from its release until about 8 months ago. I felt compelled to try and disprove all the shitposting about the game on /v/ using video evidence. I've since gotten over that particular strain of autism, but I felt like making a thread about it today (for the first time in 2017) since it is the first anniversary of the game's release.
>>
>>376556832
>the cringe awards
>like it hold any value

Sorry you got assblasted so much that you're in denial, but U4 simply got more gotys. Stay mad, blizzlet.
>>
>>376556889
It won both critic and reader votes.
>>
>>376556832
Overwatch winning was bullshit
It doesn't even have a single player option.
>>
File: uncharted-3-subway-615.png (431KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-3-subway-615.png
431KB, 650x365px
The biggest problem with Uncharted is Nathan Drake, he's just a generic guy off the street, there is nothing creative or interesting about him in the slightest.
>>
>>376557375
So did Skyrim, that doesn't contradict what I said at all.
>>
I love how the combat looks, but mechanically it's pretty simple and the weapons feel weak as shit compared to something like Max Payne.
>>
File: cassie.jpg (17KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
cassie.jpg
17KB, 512x288px
Can't wait for Uncharted 5 in 2025 starring Cassie devolved by Sony Bend
>>
>>376536774
>all that bad

What the fuck are you autistic walnuts fucking talking about?

>metacritic 93%
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end

>best selling PS4 game of all time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_4_video_games

>4 GOTY awards
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-4-wins-game-of-the-year-at-baftas/1100-6449229/

Kill yourselves. The game is amazing and sold amazingly, nothing was "all that bad", it was fucking glorious.
>>
>>376557429
Thats kinda his thing though. He's just an ordinary wise cracking guy with a heart of gold

And a ruthless killing psychopathic killing machine.
>>
>>376557213
>I felt compelled to try and disprove all the shitposting about the game on /v/ using video evidence.

That's autistic as fuck my man. Don't get so salty just because some people on a Taiwanese claymation site shit-talk your favorite game.
>>
File: 1475717728662.png (32KB, 297x275px) Image search: [Google]
1475717728662.png
32KB, 297x275px
>>376550548

>Doughnut Drake with modern gen jiggle physics.
>>
>>376557842
>sold amazingly
>>
>>376558035
Yeah, I know. I mentioned that in the post you're quoting
>>
>>376556889
Better according to who?
>>
>>376553824
Wait...I can't even type in sonniggers with out it changing it? The fucks up with this board?
>>
File: 1493223579057.jpg (210KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493223579057.jpg
210KB, 800x500px
Singleplayer was mediocre, multiplayer was fun as fuck. Same with Last of Us.
>>
>>376558642
Most people I've talked to that played most of 2011's major releases.
>>
>>376558761
We're all bros now in 2017!
>>
>>376557842
>What the fuck are you autistic walnuts fucking talking about?

The fact that it's barely a videogame?
>>
>>376536774
Yes. It was fucking awful.
>>
>>376539575
I never understood obsession with people arguing about animations in these games when they're all basically motion-captured. IT's not like how they hand-animated facial animations for The Last of Us.
>>
Seeing as how /v/ has objectively shit taste in games, I take everyone's opinion on anything vidya related with a small grain of shit.

U4 was purdi gud tho.
>>
File: Cass photomode.webm (3MB, 300x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cass photomode.webm
3MB, 300x800px
>>376557814
I'd still play it
>>
>>376559218
They handmade animations for uncharted 4 too....
>>
>>376558867
But regardless, that's not my point. I'm not so much arguing that I have the best taste in games, just that GOTY awards aren't really a measure of much besides popularity. Tons of people shit on Skyrim for all of its flaws despite the fact it overwhelming won the GOTY nominations in 2011. It's really dumb to use it to try and argue for why a game is good or worth playing.
>>
>>376559305
Why?
>>
>>376559305
She's pretty fugly though. They will have to give her godtier feet to make me interested.
>>
File: 1494453407017.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494453407017.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>376536774
Yes.
>All supernatural elements dropped from the story
>Libertalia is fucking boring
>Story keeps cockteasing that Nate/Same are going to die (they don't)
>Elena wants Drake to go on one last dangerous expedition - Then gets made at Drake when he goes on one last dangerous expedition without telling her
>Rafe is a greedy bastard and puts the lives of those around him in danger - He ends up paying the price for it and dies
>Sam is a greedy bastard and puts the lives of those around him in danger - He gets off scot-free and even lies to his own brother
>Nadine le stronk smrt womyn gets to run away, doesn't get any come-uppance, and gets to wipe the floor with Nate and then Nate/Sam at the same time because she's that stronk and smrt and independent and is a BLACK QUEEN YAAAAAASS
>>
File: concern.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
concern.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>376559218
it's not about the how they went about making it, it's about the quality of the end result
>>
I haven't yet finished it yet, I'm stuck at Crushing diff. in the Ship Graveyard section with the 2 huge guys at the end.
Its certainly the most technically impressive and has the best story, although 2 had better set pieces, and I preferred 3's gunplay.
>>
File: 1494043579958.gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494043579958.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>376559305
>Glasses
>>
>>376559587
story isn't everything

>>376559671
>and I preferred 3's gunplay.
you're crazy. The gunplay in 3 was terrible if only because it had huge dead zones on the sticks and bad input lag with the aiming
>>
Did any of you fags play Uncharted 4?

It has the best gameplay by far out of any uncharted game

THE BEST

Best level design as well

And you also have survival mode that's just fun action

There's a bit too much story shit but you can skip it for the most part
>>
File: uncharted-4-elena.jpg (97KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-4-elena.jpg
97KB, 1366x768px
Reminder that no girl will ever care about you enough to fly halfway around the world just to yell at you
>>
I bought The Nathan Drake collection digitally and I regret it so much. Uncharted 1 is literally a -5/10 game and Uncharted 2 4/10 at best. How this series got up to 4 games is truly mindboggling.

Im not even gonig to bother starting the 3rd one.
>>
>>376559218
Are you fucking mental?
Motion capture is used since 2001 in games
>>
Oney Plays tore it a new asshole.
>>
File: elena.webm (3MB, 1004x720px) Image search: [Google]
elena.webm
3MB, 1004x720px
>>376559534
>>376559792
She's an awkward nerdy 13 year old in the middle of puberty, and her parents are supermodel-tier attractive. She will be hot as fuck in a few years. Hell she could be hot now if she didn't wear such dumpy clothes and goofy glasses (and uh if she wasn't underage haha). They probably made her this way because of all the SFM porn people made using Sarah and Ellie from TLOU
>>
>>376560189
I know that retard. I never said otherwise.
>>
File: 1492280744302.jpg (23KB, 432x403px) Image search: [Google]
1492280744302.jpg
23KB, 432x403px
>>376559851
>story isn't everything
Thanks for letting me know your opinion is irrelevant and worthless.
>>
>>376559527
I'm a fan of the series, and nu-SonyBend has yet to prove whether they are good or bad as AAA devs
>>
>>376560112
This was stupid, how did she know exactly where he was? How id she even know what country he was in?
>>
>>376560285
Ego actually has good arguments for why he doesn't like the series, in-between the unfunny jokes.
>>
File: Carmack.jpg (46KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Carmack.jpg
46KB, 850x400px
>>376560603
???
Are you implying that story IS everything?
Then go read a fucking book.
>>
>>376560615
You know damn well that's not what I meant
>>376560618
I assume it was just one of her old contacts
>>
>>376560112
>tfw you will never hug your white qt3.14 while watching the sunset after you have survived being hunted by nazi zombies and a list mercenaries sent by a bad british guy to stop you from stealing el dorito with your old bro father figure.

Why.even.fucking.live
>>
File: time flies.jpg (337KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
time flies.jpg
337KB, 600x435px
>>376540679
FUCK
>>
>>376560603
So u like telltale games?
>>
>>376560179
Uncharted 1 is shit but you suck for shitting on UC2
>>
>>376537010
>those fucking huge bright red damage indicators rotating around the periphery of the screen at mach 11
what a garbage design choice
>>
>>376561607
Overlays/color grading indicating health is garbage by default.
>>
File: balls kicked.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
balls kicked.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>376561607
They're just there to tell you where you're getting shot from
>>
>>376562003
Obviously, but they're way too big.
>>
File: pushes body off cliff.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pushes body off cliff.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>376552123
>I honestly thought the new tomb raider was better.
I respectfully disagree, but the new Tomb Raider wasn't even bad. It had better climbing than Uncharted 4, but worse combat
>>
>>376562003
i kinda hate how theres a bunch of combat animations you will probably never see if you dont play on the easiest difficulty.
mainly because you die way too quickly on harder difficulties to really pull anything off.
>>
>asking nintendogaf if a playstaion game was really all that bad
nigga
>>
File: uncharted.png (547KB, 1914x902px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted.png
547KB, 1914x902px
>tfw playing uncharted 1 on brutal
>the beginning of chapter 11
FUCK THIS
i got stuck on that jeep chapter for a while too, you die too fucking fast
>>
>>376536774
I loved it but I dont think I can ever play it through again.

Having to stomach the boring climbing parts in Scotland and the heist again does not sound fun.

Game needed more action setpieces and was a bit too grounded in reality for an uncharted game.
>>
>>376562728
You can select combat sections from the menu

And they added survival which is just combat, it's fun
>>
>>376536774
Why does this "game" always look like as if you are not doing anything yourself?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-02-21h22m49s773.png (383KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-02-21h22m49s773.png
383KB, 1280x738px
At least Naughtydog has learned the error of their ways and they are giving Chloe her fat ass back.
>>
>>376562831
Because the animations are that good, desu.
>>
File: break through flank.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
break through flank.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>376562575
that webm is on crushing. The player only was hit three-four times max, and the game gives you a little bit of damage reduction during melee attacks. Since enemy attacks are all hitscan, enemy accuracy is reduced by a certain amount depending on how far away you are, how fast you are moving across their field of view, and whether or not you are rolling / transitioning to cover / meleeing.

Every combat webm ITT was recorded on Crushing except for these three:
>>376536774
>>376542846
>>376545097
>>
This game has the same issue Max Payne 3 does.

Excellent combat gameplay but its stuck in a storyline that can't be skipped on repeat playthroughs.

At least with UC 4 they added a survival/horde/action setpiece selection mode, Max Payne 3 never got that.
>>
>>376539575
Any Pixar movie.
>>
>>376540250
BROOOOOOOMMMMM
>>
>>376562828
also with the combat selections / Encounter Select, the game normally forces you to restart the encounter or go back to the main menu once you beat it, but you can keep playing the game all the way to the end credits if you disable autosave. You do this by loading a chapter from chapter select and saying no to autosave, then quitting back to the main menu and using Encounter Select.
>>
>>376550315
>gets beaten up like a bitch

what really happens is
>gets jumped after running and jumping from rooftop to rooftop while dodging countless gunfire in all direction
>>
File: Nadine Ross paralyzed.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nadine Ross paralyzed.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
FUCK Nadine
>>
File: 1463371270133.jpg (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463371270133.jpg
336KB, 1920x1080px
>>376536774
I still play the multiplayer from time to time, so that's definitely a point towards it, but I still seethe thinking about a lot of what they did in that story.
>>
>>376564164
That reference was so cool tho
>>
>>376538050
> If you are ok with it being a cinematic experience first and foremost then it's an OK game.
Agreed, I would even go as far as saying that, if cinematic experience is something you crave first and foremost there is not much in its league right now, but if you want bedazzlement through presentation and thrilling gameplay in equal measure it can be pretty disappointing, because even in its gameplay the presentation is king.

>>376539575
HZD has actually pretty awful to mediocre animation for most of the game, only important sections are of high quality, and even in those, UC4 completely destroys it in terms of direction.
>>
>>376537795
This is the best boss fight in the series.
>inb4 "muh QTE"

it's not a QTE if you have movement control and no button prompts. It's just like any other melee system / minigame
>>
>>376539575
>cutscene trying to act like a few men dying centuries ago is a big deal when Drake slaughters people by the hundreds (in one game alone)

Uncharted has the biggest case of story-gameplay dissonance I've ever seen.
>>
>>376564368
a QTE would be the talbot fight in uncharted 3, which was disappointing as fuck
rafe was a decent challenge to fight compared to talbot
>>
File: 1491428583639.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1491428583639.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>376536774

It's a terrible, abysmal, Uncharted but a great game.

>mfw there were no dinosaurs or skeleton pirates in the end
>the ending fight was not on board of a lost-in-time-and-mist pirate galley in rough seas as I had a sword fight with the spooky skeleton captain
>"lol no u gotta love ur brother and not be greedy"

Shit I say, SHIT.
>>
>>376551108
>relax, it's just standard videogame shit. Most arcadey shooters like this have melee attacks that are stronger than smg / pistol attacks, because it's so much riskier and requires so much more planning to get up-close enough to be able to perform them.

So is "relax, it's just a video game" a valid explanation for why nadine can beat up a pair of men, or is that unacceptable even though Nathan can murder 500 heavily armed guys in a row, come out uninjured and then jump up a sheer cliff face?
>>
>>376564520
Yea and this doesn't happen in movies right?
>>
File: five not alivenos.webm (3MB, 542x268px) Image search: [Google]
five not alivenos.webm
3MB, 542x268px
>>376564305
Definitely. While everyone was chimping out over Crash Bandicoot, I was overjoyed to see Guybrush references.
However, stuff like the long-lost brother out of nowhere, no significant gameplay until late in Scotland, "strong" diversity character who doesn't get her comeuppance (and becomes a good guy for Lost Legacy), and other smaller things will be what I remember about Uncharted 4's story.
>>
>>376564634
Notice how Nate makes his attacks very obvious
He's a brawler, not a martial artists like Nadine

And he does some hits on her in the first fight and crashes the cunt through the floor in the second
>>
>>376564520
You don't get it. He was excited because they were all mythical pirate captains from history.

Henchmen lives don't matter. He wasn't impressed at the hundreds of random pirate skeletons he came across along the way either, because they were just random pirates
>>
File: 1468036510884.jpg (903KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468036510884.jpg
903KB, 1920x1080px
>>376564569
At what point did you think there might be dinosaurs?
>>
>>376559218
To be fair I'm pretty sure the motion capture is just used as a base, they still have to make a lot of little adjustments and tweaks so it looks good and isn't uncanny valley.
>>
>>376564634
pretty much, yes
>>
>>376565203
this. If you use raw motion capture data, it just looks like Mass Effect Andromeda
>>
File: 1491565516272.png (40KB, 900x623px) Image search: [Google]
1491565516272.png
40KB, 900x623px
>>376565187

When I went to a forgotten distant island were the pirates disappeared.

That was the perfect opportunity.

We've had literal nazi zombies, blue tiny-hulks with crossbows and a crazy-inducing pot, this wasn't far from the inner reality of Uncharted.

But no, "lol de greed is bad be a good boi and love you're brother and wife"

Their change of direction from the madam to the The Last of Us guy was what killed it from being a 10/10 game.
>>
File: 1375984563034.jpg (44KB, 456x256px) Image search: [Google]
1375984563034.jpg
44KB, 456x256px
>>376565406
They were nazi vampires, but I agree.
>>
>>376562915
When is this supposed to come out? Isn't it going to be a full-length game and not just a DLC addon?

Are they going to have more action in it because people complained about UC4 not having enough?
>>
File: THICC2.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
THICC2.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1492188385734.jpg (55KB, 600x303px) Image search: [Google]
1492188385734.jpg
55KB, 600x303px
"So dad, did you ever kill anyone?"
>>
File: uncharted_4_drake_smile.0.jpg (28KB, 342x412px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted_4_drake_smile.0.jpg
28KB, 342x412px
>>376566096
I'm so glad it's back.
>>
>>376542783
>What Elena implies to Drake when he finishes his explanation and their faces says so much about the characters until that point.
I never really understood that part. Is she sad? Pissed off? Turned on?
>>
>>376566797
She shows empathy towards how excited Nate is about that discovery.
>>
Had its flaws but I think it was a nice sendoff and I had fun. Really pretty too. Could definitely use a quicker start and replace more cutscenes with playable segments.
>>
>>376536774
>Multiplayer keeps fucking up

Probably should've bought a disk instead of downloading.
>>
File: slo mo.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
slo mo.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>376538192
>Coming from loving the first one but hating 2 and 3
you are the only person I've ever heard of who feels this way
>>
>>376540461
So do you just watch one movie over and over again because it's the best and there's no reason to watch an inferior one?

I don't see anyone trying to claim Uncharted 4 is the best, they just say it's fun and well-made.
>>
>>376567814
What happens?
>>
>>376557814
There's going to be a dlc where you play as her.
>>
>>376567915
I don't have my PS4, but I'd play for a bit and suddenly it would quit and go to an error message. I was pretty good too.
>>
>>376566096
They know what they're doing
>>
File: box puzzle.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
box puzzle.webm
3MB, 800x450px
but why did the crates still have little wheels on them
>>
>>376536774
I went with high expectations and I liked it. Interesting story, decent gameplay, and fun multiplayer. It was worth my $42 but sure isn't a game you want to play through twice.
>>
Playing it for the first time right now. It's Uncharted. Being the 4th one in the series it's hard not to feel like it's been done before. At least Elena looks pretty.
>>
>>376536774
I still fap to that black girls feet when she removes shoes to fight Nathan
>>
>>376566096
who is directing The Lost Legacy if Druckmann is busy and Straley's on vacation?
>>
>>376570794
Shaun Escayg is the creative director and Kurt Margenau is the game director
>>
Multiplayer is disappointing compared to 2/3.
>>
>>376537010
Because the protagonist is a white male
>>
File: camera.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
camera.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>376570445
The game starts off pretty slow, but the prison flashback fights are quite fun if you go full-on Rambo like >>376537010

Pretty much everything you do in the game can be made a lot more entertaining if you play around with the camera while you do it, because the camera is amazing.

Things start to pick up combat-wise around chapter 7
>>
why does Nathan always make a little quip aside to himself after he blasts a guy's jaw off or breaks his neck?
>>
>>376571791
You don't?
>>
Imagine all the stuff Nathan could have done in 1-3 if he'd remembered to bring some rope
>>
>>376536774
Man, I should rewatch it to celebrate then.
>>
>>376536774

>most of the game is cutscenes or climbing/platforming so scripted and hand-holdy it makes Gone Home look like a hardcore game
>every now and then you get the privilege of playing Gears of War With Worse Weapons But You Can Jump

It's straight up cancer
>>
>>376571791
*snap*
THAT's your neck!
>>
>>376536774
no all of the games are really quite good but i wish the enemies died in a few shots like they would in real life
>>
>>376572028
sounds like you've never played it

>>376572347
it's like that for balance. Everyone dies in one headshot if they don't have a helmet
>>
File: cassie skin.png (2MB, 1252x1440px) Image search: [Google]
cassie skin.png
2MB, 1252x1440px
>>376568023
source?
>>
>>376572970
Whoops I thought it was Drakes' daughter but it's the lady with the fat ass.

My mistake anon.
>>
>>376572849
>sounds like you've never played it

Well yeah

because it plays itself
>>
>>376573104
*ba-dum tssh!*
>>
Fun fact: Sam was originally going to be the bad guy

https://youtu.be/_SnJPTkrD7o
>>
>>376573627
I thought it would have been a way better ending story to have the bad guy be Sam and have Nate's main goal pursuing him and trying to get him to give up the obsession.

Imagine having a sword fight in one of the younger years flashbacks with wooden swords, and then having that be the final battle as well, with the same controls.
>>
>>376573789
>Imagine having a sword fight in one of the younger years flashbacks with wooden swords, and then having that be the final battle as well, with the same controls.

Fucking kino
>>
>>376573829
Would have been perfect while they were sneaking around the old lady's house, they find some toy swords or something.
>>
File: 1463978727030.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463978727030.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376573789
>>376573829
The flashback sword fight was the original plan, right? I swear I've read that before.
>>
Just curious, are the trophies still glitched to shit? The roadmaps all site multiple glitches that totally fuck collectible progress.
>>
seriously? it came out a year ago today? weird. I didn't know that.I actually just finished playing it today. picked it up for 20 bucks a week ago.
>>
>>376574062
Never heard anything about that. I got the platinum sometime within a month of its release, and there's been dozens of updates since then (mostly multiplayer stuff) that probably fixed any possible problems.
>>
Uncharted isn't bad, it's just not good by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>376536774
Many boring sections (flashbacks, nearly everything after chapter 12, scotland, fuck nearly the entire game was kind of lame)

And it was very easy too. Play through on crushing and then compare to a playthrough of U2 on the same difficulty, 2 has you pull some real shit without saving, U4 packages every enemy encounter into discrete sections and doesn't expect you to carry anything in between them.
>>
>>376564569
>>376565406
I was happy to have an Uncharted without supernatural elements
>>
>>376574520
Im a stupid trophy boy and it was one of the things holding me back, maybe I'll give it a go in this case.
>>
>>376575059
I was also happy to eat shit.
>>
File: U4 platform success.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
U4 platform success.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
I wish there was a difficulty slider for the platforming segments. This was the hardest part of the game for climbing / platforming
>>
>>376575147
>I wanted my main story to be driven by "3spoopy5me" supernatural elements instead of focusing more on the character's motivations and exploring who they were

Sam would've been a better character if he was at least mentioned in other games, but having his obsession with the treasure being one of the main plot points was a lot more interesting than "Oh shit we gotta stop these nazi zombies because they're evil"
>>
>>376575768
>inertia is a property of matter
>>
If Uncharted was designed as a videogame and not a psuedo-movie game. It would be fantastic.

If you had the abilities in singleplayer that you had in multiplayer, the game would actually be a game.

Imagine the cool platforming sequences that you could do if you had the slow motion, dash, the rope. That shit alone would make a great game.
>>
>>376577218
god the multiplayer is so bad
I have no idea why people praise that shit
>>
>>376577718
I miss U2s, hell even U3s multiplayer.
>>
File: IMG_20170510_184450.jpg (24KB, 780x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170510_184450.jpg
24KB, 780x549px
>>376536774
Coming from Uncharted 2/TLOU the pacing is all fucked up and the story is so fucking predictable no idea how it got all those 10/10 reviews and I hope they don't make another one.
>>
>>376536774

I bought an Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle and also picked up the Uncharted collection. So far I've beaten 1 and 2. Should I also beat 3 or just skip it and play 4?

I like the uncharted games generally, but in the first two, combat was a bit of a drag.
>>
>>376578301
3 has some cool scenes. I'd say it's worth playing because the first three are all so damn short that you might as well.
>>
>>376575768
How do you see this shit in motion as a developer and not realize your game is a complete fucking joke?
>>
How do the new Tomb Raider games compare to Uncharted?
>>
>>376578927
depends on whether or not seeing hot Lara get impaled turns you on
>>
There simply wasn't enough action in the game, which is a shame since the combat is the best in the series. Fucking Neill Druckman and his but muh ludonarrative dissonance ruins immersion.
>>
>>376577935
isn't there's a classic mode in multiplayer now, where there is none of the special abilities or summons like in the regular MP? How is that even any different from UC2 or UC3's multiplayer aside from you being able to rope swing and slide and shit?

>>376578853
how do you give birth to a shit like you as a parent and not realize your child is a complete fucking joke?
>>
>>376579232
U4s mp feels less arcade-y.

Weapon pick ups in U4 Classic mode has a timer that everyone can see, which also promotes camping of power weapons. Whoever is doing the mp for U4 is fucking retarded.

and maps aren't as fun as U2.
I miss The Lab from U2, was fun just doing RPGs only Deathmatch.
>>
>>376579232
Sorry, I guess I am not a shit eating retard like you. I actually prefer my video games to be video GAMES.
>>
>>376579160
To be fair, everyone was always complaining about the ludonarrative dissonance during the first three games, and a lot of people said UC4 was going to be "another boring setpiece shitfest just like the first three games" before it came out. As a result they made it have less action and setpieces because they thought that's what people wanted. Basically, if people hadn't bitched about the old games having a lot of action, UC4 would have been a lot more fun
>>
>>376580101
yeah, because having a goofy looking slide-jump animation makes it not a game
>>
>>376571791
>Uncharted 2 opening
>Nate is the one advocating for nogunz
>Says he doesn't want to kill anyone
>Later on he is the first to kill someone by fucking throwing them off a cliff and his friend just quips about it and neither of them seem to care at all that he just murdered someone

Is he a psychopath?
>>
File: 1375984563033.jpg (103KB, 480x768px) Image search: [Google]
1375984563033.jpg
103KB, 480x768px
>>376579604
Uncharted 3 Lab was awesome because they were creating custom maps for each game mode as well.

Also, all but a few of Uncharted 4's MP maps have the same 3-lane/wagon wheel design. What a mess.
>>
>>376580569
Exactly.
>>
>>376574914
you're delusional if you think crushing on 2 was harder than crushing on 4
Uncharted 2 crushing was the easiest in the whole series. 1 was the hardest, followed by 4, 3 and then 2.

Only the hardest final fights in UC4 had any checkpoints at all, you usually have to restart from the very beginning if you get killed at any point before finishing
>>
>>376581003
Nate is a psychopath, but that guy (the museum guard) actually didn't die. You can see him swim away if you look down and watch his body in the water

>>376573789
they should have had Rafe kill Nadine like an evil bastard during the stand-off where Sam holds her hostage. It would have both her and Rafe much better characters. Instead Rafe is just a pissy cuck with an inferiority complex, and Nadine is a mary sue who fucks everyone over and gets off scot-free with millions in gold
>>
>>376536774

2>4>1>3
>>
>>376571120
>Shaun Escayg
Seems to mostly have recent experience as an animator in the movie business (Transformers: DOTM). He co-directed 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand in 2009. Surprisingly - for a cash-grab game about a rapper - Blood on the Sand was really not half bad. He's probably the reason Chloe has a nice fat ass again.

>Kurt Margenau
He's been a lead game designer at ND for three years (which I guess means he just been doing that for UC4). He's probably capable enough, if ND was willing to pick him to be game director. All of their people are pretty talented.
>>
>>376550729
>loved how detached are story sequences from combat sequences.
I thought I was the only one who like this
it's part of uncharted's charm
>>
Shame it still didn't beat UC2s level
>>
File: head banger.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
head banger.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>376559328
they 100% hand animated the facial animations for TLOU by mounting cameras on the mocap performer's faces and then animating it to look like the recorded videos. In UC4, they did regular mocap+tweaking on the faces. The results look about the same if you ask me
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.