[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best recent FF game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 51ZOppNjvtL.jpg (56KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
51ZOppNjvtL.jpg
56KB, 500x457px
Is this the best recent FF game?
>>
>>376536670
It isn't a FF game.
>>
>>376537317
>It isn't a FF game.

>literally has staple FF jobs/spells/abilities just with different names
>4 warriors of light
>4 crystals

Pick one set.
>>
>>376536670
Yes. Tactics Advance 3 when?
>>
>>376537659
You can copy as many assets as you want, don't say FF on the box.
>>
>>376536670
what is the best course of action for later fights?
higher level or more job skills learned?
>>
>quarter of the jobs are completely fucking worthless
>another quarter are either useless until end-game mix/maxing, or only useful for one chapter until you get a better job
>another quarter are only used for their support abilities
>cancerous chaining bonuses mean that the "optimal" playthrough is to grind for an hour at the beginning of each area, then turn encounters off
>tedious, time-wasting bullshit like the performer quest
I shouldn't even have to mention the last few chapters. The game sucks except for the music
>>
>>376538048
>Grinding

I played on Hard from start to finish and NEVER had to grind. There's one boss I died to a couple times and all I had to do was switch up my jobs and equipment and down it went.
>>
The first act was pretty amazing
And then the time loop made me drop it harder than a rock.
>>
File: 1493061336514.jpg (132KB, 310x440px) Image search: [Google]
1493061336514.jpg
132KB, 310x440px
>>376538194
>being illiterate
Where did I say you had to grind you fucking monkey? I said it was the optimal way to play through the game, since you get more XP and JP for one-rounding weaker monsters than you do for fighting more difficult encounters, i.e. the exact opposite of how the system should work.
>>
>>376538434
Fun fact, the optimal way of playing a game is subjective based on how you have fun with a game. So you're still wrong.
>>
>>376538575
>literally no argument
>>
>>376538575
>i had fun :^)
not him, but is this really the best argument you can come up with in defense of this shit? esp considering the random encounters in some areas are crazy difficult. it's so much easier to just kill easy monsters at the start of each chapter and then walk through the dungeons and whatnot
>>
File: HolyTrinityOfOverratedTrash.jpg (217KB, 1300x600px) Image search: [Google]
HolyTrinityOfOverratedTrash.jpg
217KB, 1300x600px
>>376536670
I think i'm gonna have to add that to my "overrated trash /v/ hypes up" collection

First game is epitome of repetition
>>
>>376538575
So you think it's good design to have encounters that are longer, more difficult and more dangerous to give significantly less of a reward than one-shotting a dozen mushrooms and rats at the start of each area?
>>
File: ZQpVdEy.png (196KB, 690x351px) Image search: [Google]
ZQpVdEy.png
196KB, 690x351px
Fun fact: I was spoiled about Airy and had a nightmare about it, before the reveal, that she was an really fucking scary eldtrich abomination and glitched the game like a creepypasta. No idea why

Also Bravely Third fuckin' WHEN
>>
>>376539243
/thread
>>
>>376538048
>I shouldn't even have to mention the last few chapters. The game sucks except for the music

I'd say the setpieces were pretty nice too. Though the world map was disgustingly barren.
>>
>>376536670
I haven't completed it yet. I'm at world 5 half way through. Got really sick of it after world 3. It's a really fun game though
>>
>>376536670
4 heroes of light did the same thing but better in every way
>>
>>376537659
Might as well call monster hunter clones, monhun
>>
>>376538575
The most retarded thing I've read all thread.
>>
>>376539243
Holy shit, I just played P3P. Why do people love this game? The ost is cool. The dungeons are kinda dog shit, the story isn't amazing. The only thing I really like is Fem MC in p3p.
>>
ITT: people still don't know that the loops were necessary to the plot
>>
>>376536670
can someone explain the title or is it just poor translation
>>
File: BOOSTO.jpg (328KB, 250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BOOSTO.jpg
328KB, 250x1000px
>>376536670
Just took a break from getting my ass kicked 8 times in a row by Mephilia.
I'm level 19 rocking Blackmage+WHM/Spell Fencer+KNG/Time Mage +WHM/Knight+SF

I figured out the intervals for her ultra attack but they just barely kill me everytime I go for her soldiers.
Should I just go grind some or get better jobs?
>>
File: where have you benn.png (404KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
where have you benn.png
404KB, 640x475px
>>376544180
>P3P
>likes FeMC

congrats you ruined your first and only playthrough of a great game
>>
>>376544180
>Holy shit, I just played P3P. Why do people love this game? The ost is cool. The dungeons are kinda dog shit, the story isn't amazing. The only thing I really like is Fem MC in p3p.
>I just played the non canon version without the ending, why do people like it?
wew lad
>>
>>376536670
Pretty much.
I can't really think of any other game made in the last 10 years that scratch the same itch as mainline Final Fantasy games used to before they became targeted at the idols & k-pop crowd.
Maybe BD2 but BD was probably a bit better overall.
>>
>>376536670
yes
>>
>>376538434
you do notice you are talking about bravely second while OP posted bravely default, which at the end of the day was better than second.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.