[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me, or this game is quite tiresome?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: zelda.jpg (30KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
30KB, 1024x576px
Is it just me, or this game is quite tiresome?
>>
>>376531741
Might be you. How do you play it?
>>
Once you've explored every area and unlocked all the towers doing the actual game part does feel like a slog.
>>
I didnt find it tiring at all. It was very pleasant to play.
>>
been playing around 2 or 3 hours after work every day for 3 weeks now, and it's still as fresh as it was on the first day.

maybe you should play some other games in between OP
>>
it's fucking boring
>>
It gets old, yeah. The rewards just suck so badly.
>Oh cool another seed
>Damn a sword that hits for 26
>Damn, ANOTHER sword that hits for 26
>Seed again
>Damn a frostsword that hits for 20
>Arrows
>Arrows
>Seed
>Arrows

They need to spice it up with some more unique items. Also the set bonuses are trash
>>
>>376531741
Yeah the game burned me out. I'm not someone who enjoys exploration for the sake of exploration, there's gotta be a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow. Finding korok seeds and shrines over and over was not fun. The one thing you should be discovering, dungeons, are giant fucking machines that are impossible to miss, and there's only four of them, and they're too short and easy. Honestly people who say BotW is like LoZ are fucking liars, besides "muh freedom" they're almost nothing alike.
>>
>>376531741
it's you
>>
>>376532553
>>376531778
These. SS and ALBW had the same problem.
>>
>>376531741
>play for first time
>nice starting area
>things not too close yet far enough for some separation
>first 4 shrines are simple to grasp
>get glider and able to leave the area
>game becomes a tedium of vast emptiness and shrines that are stuck on "tutorial" difficulty
>beat game and never touch again
>>
That's the possible drawback to very long games. I really like BOTW, but if you're a completionist, you better be willing to invest weeks or even months in one playthrough.
>>
Tiresome? Only when you give yourself a set goal, because you are forcing yourself to try to get it all done. I would say it's more tedious because you do the same thing over and over again.

Many here in /v/ (specifically the Majora's Mask fedoras) would praise this as a masterpiece, had there been more content and story for the Rito and Gorok quest; also Nintendo made the same mistake with the dungeons themselves like in LBW.
>>
>>376531778
Ubisoft towers and have entire map visible from the get go really is a mistake. It makes it very easy to miss spots to explore. Thankfully that Heroes path map feature will get me to places I never been.
>>
>>376531741
I feel the same way. The game is kind of designed so you can finish it when you start to get tired of it.
>>
>>376533745
>beat game and never touch again
Doesn't help that there's only one save per account, so if you want to play it again you have to wipe out all that progress you've done.

>inb4 play on a different account
No one wants to do that.

Only thing that'll make me pick up BotW again would be the upcoming DLC.
>>
>>376535239
It's really not that hard to make a new profile senpai.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.