[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it Justice to answer one crime with another?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

File: Persona5MC.jpg (95KB, 1920x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Persona5MC.jpg
95KB, 1920x1022px
Is it Justice to answer one crime with another?
>>
Who cares
>>
>>376529057
The Law is not infallible. When it fails its up to the people to correct it.

T. Satan.
>>
>>376529057
No that just piles more injustice up
Men cannot really create justice, they can only apply the law
Because justice is only determined by God/s
>>
Stealing a heart isn't a crime.

It's forceful rehabilitation. They in one night did what years of prison and therapy only stood a small chance of accomplishing.
>>
If a law prevents justice then it serves no purpose
>>
>>376529569
Pssht, I don't need no phony god/s to tell me what justice is
Justice is every shithead getting their due, getting a taste of their own poison
*does a loading motion with his finger pistol*
You fuck with me? I'll cap that ass, homie
*POW*
>>
The police were either too incompetent or outright unwilling to pursue all of these cases, so no. The law failed, even refused to uphold justice, so it has no right to come down on others for defending themselves.
>>
>>376529817
It serves the purpose of the law
Law can be applied to enforce perceived justice, but it's not inherently a tool of justice
>>
>>376529654
It's forced brainwashing

There's a difference between someone themselves coming in to terms with their lives and rehab working for them than being randomly forced in one go without themselves willing so.

You can try to mince words but it's brainwashing
>>
File: b206_000_00.png (76KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
b206_000_00.png
76KB, 512x512px
No, it is simply another crime. Such "vigilantes" believe they are above the law and as such force their own selfish justice upon the rest of society. To improve as a nation, we must all be unified in a common front! Let us unmask such criminals! And we shall do it in a civil way, in a court of law, not with underhanded tactics such as they use!
>>
These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right
>>
>He thinks man is obligated to follow another man's law
[Laughs with god by his side]
>>
>>376529057
No.
to be fair it's only midgame that I realized that the phantom thief were retarded, but whatever it's just a game.

Goro was right
>>
>>376530401
This reminds me I need to continue reading One Piece
Also that guy's outift really bothers me because he has a nice look going on even though it's a bit faggoty, but then the pants are cut off at below knee level or something and it exposes his hairy legs. And he wears sandals, fucking SANDALS to top it off
>>
>>376530109
But there are many laws that exist solely to divide people between socioeconomic statuses and prevent progress, such as anti-competitive copyright laws and hypocritical drug laws.
>>
File: 23452345345455.jpg (74KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
23452345345455.jpg
74KB, 1279x720px
>>376529184
This. The Phantom Thieves are just a bunch of teenagers who want to fuck around with adults. It's edgy and it's great.
>>
>>376529057
That's revenge at best. Never justice.
>>
>>376530757
>It's edgy and it's great.

Boy this shit was not edgy. Was too generic shounenlike as in Naruto tier.
>>
>>376530752
Then those laws must be changed. You do not add good to the world by simply removing evil.
>>
Sometimes it is definitely "needed" or "a good thing", but even if it is, the perpetrators must still be considered criminals for the sake of the system.
>>
>>376531045
>good and evil
What are those?
>>
>>376531117
Intentions, actions, and outcomes, all weighed against each other. An act that can be said to improve the lives of many people without causing misery to another group of people, while also not done with a primary motivation of personal gain could be said to be one of the greatest goods.
>>
File: 1492463954593.jpg (114KB, 1069x724px) Image search: [Google]
1492463954593.jpg
114KB, 1069x724px
>>376531117
Words created by the uneducated masses. There is only law and those who break the law must be punished.
>>
File: 1492509570384.gif (1MB, 420x329px) Image search: [Google]
1492509570384.gif
1MB, 420x329px
>>376531117
Stirner please go and stay gone
>>
>>376529569
By that logic Fred Flintstone was entirely in his right to enslave humanity. Fuck that shit, that ain't justice.
>>
>>376529057
Justice is a man made concept to keep society from doing more harm than good. When this justice fails a new one must take its place.
>>
>>376531372
Like Shido then.
>>
>Man is trying to kill you/someone else
>You stop him with lethal force
>This somehow makes you the same
This argument needs to die
>>
File: HDShido.jpg (301KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
HDShido.jpg
301KB, 1360x768px
>>376531625
Yes, Shido is the executor of law.
>>
>>376529057
Did Joker become his Shadow here?
>>
>>376531646
You could take him out without killing him......
>>
>>376531708
No, I'm saying Shido broke the law, therefore he must be punished.
>>
>>376530109
I will cast my vote for Mr. Shido! MJGA!
>>
File: All_Out_Attack.jpg (883KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
All_Out_Attack.jpg
883KB, 1920x1080px
>>376530981
Just look at all the edgy grins. They might not be Ow The Edge tier, but they're a little edgy. They're edgy in a different way, like they're just having a great time being mischievous little shits.
>>
>>376531749
Uh, no. Stopping someone non-lethally is much harder, especially when they aren't worrying about non-lethal takedowns.

If you're being attacked by someone who is stupid and has zero training or experience, and you're like an active duty marine or something, you MIGHT have a chance of doing that. For normal civilians, shoot that motherfucker in the chest, and when he falls over, stand over him and fire the rest of your rounds into him. It's your only chance to survive. Plus, you'll be a hero for killing a piece of shit criminal.
>>
>>376531942
As far as I'm aware edgy people aren't sad their targets die

They're just kids having "fun"
>>
>>376532019
>stand over him and fire the rest of your rounds into him
And that's where you've become a murderer.
>>
>>376532019
>Stopping someone non-lethally is much harder

Yeah if you're retarded and have never had basic training in self defense.

> and when he falls over, stand over him and fire the rest of your rounds into him

Or you could break his ankles and disarm him then notify cops since the guy won't be going anywhere.

Most of these types of criminals are hoodlum niggers anyways, you're hardly ever gonna meet someone hitman tier person who's highly trained.
>>
>>376532515
>Never had basic training in self defense
Are you implying that's part of your standard curriculum?
>>
>>376529057

The Phantom Thieves were in the right.

Their targets never would have admitted to/made amends for their actions on their own.
>>
File: 1487396086102.jpg (25KB, 404x435px) Image search: [Google]
1487396086102.jpg
25KB, 404x435px
>>376529057
Why is changing someone's heart considered a crime?

Is there some kind of fictional or real world law that covers that?
>>
File: tfwnopancakes.png (495KB, 1044x770px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnopancakes.png
495KB, 1044x770px
>>376533149
These criminals are operating outside of the law, pushing their own "justice" onto the rest of us. It is a completely selfish act that gives the sense that they are above the law. They, along with their targets, are all citizens of this country and as such should be tried by law.
>>
>>376533149
You're taking away their ability to choose who they are. You're taking away the thing that makes them people.
>>
>>376532186
Nope. As a civilian with no combat experience, I have no idea if he is no incapacitated. I also don't know if he can get back up, or if he has a gun he can still shoot me with. Feel free to look up any number of cases where people are attacked with lethal force. Unless he verbally surrenders or makes an obvious attempt to run, I can legally kill his ass. Feel free to look up any number of self-defense cases - you'll see the person who was acting in self-defense will go free 99% of the time.

Now, if you're just saying you think I'm a murderer in that case, that's certainly you're right. I'm sure you could also find people to agree with you. You're just wrong, and no one cares.
>>
>>376530109
Shut up, Flynn.
>>
>the PT will never steal your heart
>>
Lots of good answers in this thread, but the point of the game is that justice is not doing its job and sometimes even possibly shielding those who should be brought to justice. I've seen a few deathnote images in the thread, but the two don't really compare since light had killed people who were going through the system and the phantom thieves are targeting those who the system ignored.
>>
>>376533549
So you aren't just an asshole, you want excuses to hurt others. You sound like a sociopath.
>>
>>376533149

Brainwashing is a broad concept that's been used as a defense (with mixed results) for crimes, but isn't expressly against the law.
>>
>>376532515
>very few people are trained in self-defense, and those that are don't stay in practice
>thinking people just "know" how to break someone's ankles
>implying you could just do it even if you knew the proper way

If someone is pointing a gun at you, you have three and only three ways to stay alive.

1. Give them what they want (unless they are kidnapping you).

2. Shoot them dead.

3. Hope to god the police are literally watching this happen in person.

As a side note a "hoodlum nigger" who is planning to do a crime is an obstacle most people can't overcome. Turns out, almost no one is ready to deal with being mugged. the mugger will always have a significant advantage - one you can't overcome unless you are armed and willing to use lethal force.
>>
>>376533373

They are tried by law.

They committed every single illegal/unsavory action through their own free will, they were only forced to admit it.
>>
>>376529057
>megaten fags think they are high minded patricians for being faced with these questions in their pseudo philosophical games
>>
File: australian robber.jpg (10KB, 460x144px) Image search: [Google]
australian robber.jpg
10KB, 460x144px
>>376531446
I don't understand what you mean. When did Fred Flintstone enslave humanity?

>>376533549
Don't even pretend killing the guy is right 100% of the times. This shit is determined completely on the situation and this 'if he broke into your house its ok if you blow his brains out' logic is straight up amoral
Not to be a memer but are you american?
>>
>>376533721
>you can legally kill someone who is trying to kill you, and you should
>you must be a sociopath who likes to kill people

I'm really, truly sorry that you're so stupid that "You should kill someone who tried to kill you" sounds to you like "I want to be attacked so I can kill someone". Life must be hard when you're incapable of understanding what others say.
>>
>>376534067
>Yabbadabbadoo

Sorry, guess I took the joke a step too far.
>>
File: MetatronSH.jpg (2MB, 1228x1520px) Image search: [Google]
MetatronSH.jpg
2MB, 1228x1520px
>It's a chaos thread
>>
>>376533705
Light actually made a change to the world while PT's only sorted out a few people but ultimately nothing changed in terms of adults abusing their shit
>>
>>376534067
Killing criminals is not immoral.

Yes I am American.

It is legal in most parts of the USA to kill someone who attacks you with a weapon or trespasses on your property. In several states, just feeling threatened is enough for you to shoot them at least once, if you truly feel you have no other option - regardless of whether you actually have other options or not.

I also didn't say 100% of the time, I said 99%. I'm sure there are some cases with some extreme extenuating circumstances.
>>
>>376533875
>If someone is pointing a gun at you, you have three and only three ways to stay alive.

Shoot them once and then run away while they're reacting to being shot, why risk dying by getting closer?

Anything else is you being retarded.

>who is planning to do a crime is an obstacle most people can't overcome

Most white people who are scared of braindead niggers more like.
>>
Isn't brainwashing people to make them comply with your view of ethics more Law than Chaos?
>>
>>376534595

>Lawfags brainwash "infidels" to assure uniform thought and absolute adherence to law
>Chaosfags don't care if you brainwash someone to suck your dick
>>
>>376534536
Because they're then going to shoot you?

You're the one being mugged, which means you are already going to have either a knife or gun trained on you. You're probably going to be injured at the same time you injure him, so running isn't an option. But even if you do somehow escape injury and shoot him, what do you think is about to happen? It's either:

1. You hit him in a vital spot, and he is dead or seconds from it.

2. You hit him in a non-vital area, and so he is about to shoot you.

If you can get out of visual sight of him within a second or two, you can run, but since you're being mugged, you're probably in a shitty area of town, and you have no options for running, cover or safety - other than ending the threat in front of you.
>>
>>376534595
It's chaos because the ones doing it are outside the law and you have no control over it
>>
>>376535062
Chaos is about absolute freedom, though.
>>
File: 1494144436570.png (357KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
1494144436570.png
357KB, 417x405px
It's sort of like you're killing the person they used to be and making a new version of that person. A step above murder I guess, and the people that got their hearts stolen were huge pieces of shit, so. It's a bit better than straight up murder? I guess?
>>
>>376535057
>Because they're then going to shoot you?

If you obviously make it look like you have a gun, you're a victim so take advantage of the fact. Anyone who has a gun on them besides dumb niggers are more likely to be trained on it

>You hit him in a non-vital area, and so he is about to shoot you.

Only a robot will react to not being shot first.

You can keep trying to play this "normal civilian card" but normalfags don't be carrying guns with them constantly and are usually household equipment. So yeah i don't buy it that killing is their only option of getting away safely .

>but since you're being mugged, you're probably in a shitty area of town, and you have no options for running, cover or safety - other than ending the threat in front of you.

Mugs happen anywhere but even then can't be acting like a guy who lives in the area doesn't know where to go or where he can get to cover and out of sight quickly
>>
>>376534521
I mean I'm not saying you should never shoot at a criminal for self defense
But saying 'I will fire the rest of his rounds into his chest' is not justifiable in any way if the guy is already on the ground after you already incapacitated him
Don't give me that 'you don't know if he's incapacitated' bullshit, if you shot a guy who tried to attack you and are holding him at gunpoint while he's on the ground (which is the scenario I imagined you were describing) and then you shoot him with the intent to kill him off then you are a murderer
Like I said it depends on the situation and if the guy pulls out a gun then you are obviously in your rights to defend yourself. I just don't think killing a criminal should be justified 100% of the time, let alone for something like "just feeling threatened is enough for you to shoot them at least once, if you truly feel you have no other option - regardless of whether you actually have other options or not."
>>
>>376534181
chaos wuz here

law is 4 fagz
>>
File: 1459976669600.jpg (144KB, 1023x932px) Image search: [Google]
1459976669600.jpg
144KB, 1023x932px
>>376533373
shut up and eat your pancakes goro
>>
>>376534521
So if you just convince the judge that the corpse was coming right for you, you get off scott free?

That doesn't sound like justice at all to me.
>>
>>376530109
nanoshadows, son
>>
>>376536038
Read up on the stand your ground law, anon.
>>
>>376530073
If we could actually brainwash criminals rather than waste time on years of rehabilitation, we would.
>>
>>376532019

>and when he falls over, stand over him and fire the rest of your rounds into him

Fucking kek

I can imagine the bystanders who are cheering for someone stopping a violent robber, then their faces turn to horror at what comes next.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.