[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does anyone defend this piece of fucking garbage? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: thisisabadgame.jpg (54KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
thisisabadgame.jpg
54KB, 256x250px
How does anyone defend this piece of fucking garbage?

I have played every game in the series up to 13 and this was the only Final Fantasy I can never finish, everything except the music is total shit

>Story shits itself almost immediately
>Literally easier if you don't level up
>Spending hours farming fucking magic
>Has a cast somehow less likable than X's cast
>>
You're doing it wrong but here's a (You) for posting old pasta.
>>
>>376525847
Just level up faggot and create magic with an ability.

Altough I agree that the cast is cancer. Why on earth would you take that smug bastard Irvine on your adventures? At least Edgar in FF6 was likable. Quistis is boring.

Xell is fine though because his chimpouts are funny. Usually my team is (Squall, Rinoa, Xell)

I wasn't sure if I should have taken Squall, Rinoa, Selphie but meh.
>>
>>376525847
It was literally an FMV game - endure the absolute boring as fuck gameplay until you achieve what is required to trigger the next pretty cutscene.
>>
>>376526649
Fuck off.

The backgrounds were beautifully drawn. Walking anywhere end enjoying the scenery was an absolute joy and the music only made it better. Organizing your junctions and GFs was also fun, almost like a minigame. And then you have triple triad.
>>
>>376525847

XIII is worse.
>>
>>376527020
Final Fantasy stopped mattering after X
>>
>>376525847
still better than VII
>>
OP you're a troll or you just unironically have bad taste. FF8 is one of the high points of the series. has the best production values out of any FF. and if you aren't retarded you can get magic for junction without grinding like a mindless fool.
>>
>>376526418
Squall really isn't that bad, kind of the only one I liked

Quistis is just a giant waste of what could have been a good character

Selphie is 4cute7u anime girl, that is it

Zell is an annoying manlet but he is pretty bro

Irvine can't do his fucking job and is exactly when the story goes to shit

How do you make a side cast more likable than the main?
>>
>>376527263
>WE WUZ ORPHANS
>Better than any of the others

Senpai, I am sorry but it is YOU who has shit taste
>>
>>376527348
Selphie is poorly written. She is too unrealistic. No girl her ages still behaves like a 5year old even if it is supposed to be cute. They should have made her more serious and opinionated.

Quistis is as interesting as a glass of water.

Rinoa is similar to Quistis. There is simply no personality. She had something with Cifer. She flirted with Squall. She is not different than your average Stacey you can find in a high school.

Irvine is stupid as fuck.

Xell is only tolerable because he is funny, but without being unrealistic. Selphie is funny in a way which makes no sense.

It is like they made all other characters so uninteresting on purpose to give that bastard Squall even more importance than he already has.
>>
File: BATTLESTATION.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
BATTLESTATION.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
my favorite FF game.

Ask me anything, I have an ever expanding knowledge of this video game.
>>
File: 1421010005774.png (208KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1421010005774.png
208KB, 400x225px
>>376525847
Hello Spoony
>>
>>376528002
FUCKING NAILS WTF
>>
>>376528645
Meant for this
>>376528413
>>
>>376528765
either they break off in my sock, or I rip 'em off sometimes when I'm in the bath.
>>
>>376528413
Which characters you hate/like the most?
>>
>>376525847
I like what little of it I played, just didn't want to finish it
>>
>>376529105
If I were to pick favorites, Squall, Zell and Quistis are the greatest in my opinion.

As for characters I hate, I guess I could shoehorn Rinoa in there, but really I like just about everything this game has to offer, even if Rinoa is a cause for some bad decisions along the story.
>>
File: 1442214665_1442029514043.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1442214665_1442029514043.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>376525847
>"I'm too dumb to figure out refining"
FF8 has issues, but that doesn't mean you're not retarded.
>>
File: nah.jpg (12KB, 385x142px) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
12KB, 385x142px
>>376525847
>not liking triple triad

you're the worst, man
>>
File: 1456485157894.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1456485157894.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>376528413
Cut your toenails you fucking animal
>>
the one time I dont wear socks, I have to take a picture with my fucking feet in the shot
>>
6>7>9>5>4>10>8>3>15>12>2>1>13
>>
FF 1-10 = okay

FF 11-15 = shit
>>
>>376528413

dude weed lmao
>>
Am I the only one who thinks VIII's soundtrack is mostly average or even disappointing? VIII was my first Final Fantasy but I still think VII's OST is better.
>>
>>376526649
That is every FF game since 7.
>>
>>376525847
Agree with everything else but
Just use card mod. Especially if you're like me and don't understand why people like the card game so much.
>>
>>376530760

Fisherman's Horizon and Breezy were god tier though
>>
>>376530760
I think VII's OST works better as an overall package but VIII has a few great standout tracks.
>>
>>376530493
>battle system
10>6>8>9=7=5=4>3=2=1>14>11>12>13
>job/character customization system
5>14>11>3>6>7>8>1>10>4>9>12>2>13
>story
11>6>12>4>9>7>14>10>2>5>1>8>3>13
>music
14>10>4>6>7>11>8>9>5>1>3>2>12>13
>>
>OVERALL
8>10>9>7>4>6

You can squeeze T in anywhere.
>>
FF13 was worse
>>
My disc fucked up during the ceremony scene at the end of Disc1, but from the beginning to that scene, I liked the game a lot more than FF7
>>
>>376525847
It's honestly my favorite one and the one I like playing the most. It's one of my favorite games ever alongside the classic FFs and have cleared the modern ones except for XIII.
The only problem, and I mean the only problem I could have with VIII is that Squall suddenly loving Rinoa out of nowhere doesn't make sense unless you read way too far into it and start making conjectures, reading fan theories etc. I think it probably came down to the translation.
>>
>>376532693
I don't think so at least Lightning returns was a good.
>>
>>376533030
>alongside
*alongside the Metal Gear Solid games. I've played---
Keyboard fucked up with some kind of shortcut or something.
>>
Ultimecia is the best final boss of any FF and any video game.
>>
>>376533424
>that 8 minute long dialogue session when she's at 0 health, but still casts spells on you the entire time until she's done talking
>>
>>376533424
It's my favorite FF but no.
>>
>>376525847

This is what is killing gaming today. The autism

When i played FFVIII as a kid, i never ever noticed this shit other than "wow, now this centipede has bolt 2 instead of bolt, time to draw"
But other than "the game gets harder, dont level up" its a fucking exageration.
The game technically power ups enemies, but harder? no
In fact, you also get more stats when you level up (like every RPG ever), and your enemies give you more draw options
That "dont level up" autism literally only matters at the end when you have to face omega weapon and the other weapon dont remember the name.

It also applies to grind autism.
People cry about "you can le break the game at the beginning", but doesnt mean you have to. You can draw magic, power up, but you dont have to grind hours and hours more GF power so you can steal cards and bla bla bla bla
Of course you can break the game if you grind, doesnt mean you HAVE to grind.
Take it easy and it's fun.
>>
>>376534750
I agree that people regard it in way too much of an autistic manner these days.
I just get my party to 99 and I enjoy everything about the game. I don't think about it, it's just you can go to the island between heaven and hell or whatever it's called late game and round out your party.
>>
>>376534750
Anyone with a brain is going to try to figure out how to do more damage

And it's not that hard. Literally requires just realizing that magic in FFVIII is worthless.

Something like FFT with the calculator bullshit, that's autism. But FFVIII requires such minimal effort to cheese the game that you can do it by pure accident.

Granted, I don't think that makes the game bad. In fact, that's the only reason I even like this fucking game.
>>
>>376535028
Same here, although at the end i start using tomberry to reduce my level so i can fight omega.
>>
>>376533424
Do you mean best designed? Because her actual backstory and characterization is hardly in the game at all.
>>
>>376534750
I'm with you on the level scaling, but as for breaking the game, you do not need to grind at all to break FF8.
>>
>>376533030
Hormonal teen who shuns people out of fear of relationships meets cute, outgoing girl who calls him the best looking guy in the room invites him to dance in celebration of the best day of his life so far. Few close friends keep arranging situations to get them hooked and have Squall come off as a prince charming saving the damsel in distress. It's not that farfetched.
>>

How was this ever a good idea? If you don't know what you're doing you probably couldn't beat the game.
>>
>>376534750
Furthermore, how would you know all this shit without using a guide the first time through? And if you're using a game, why ruin an RPG, a game known for exploration, by using a guide?
>>
>>376535526
>tfw my first playthrough I fucked up massively and ended up with shit joints and shit level
>couldn't beat the Esthar sorceress whore no matter how
>>
>>376533030
>>376535451
It's basically an anime. The characters included. It's why I enjoy it.
>>
>>376533030
>Squall suddenly loving Rinoa out of nowhere doesn't make sense unless you read way too far into it and start making conjectures

you dont even have to read that far into it. they straight up tell you sorceresses choose a knight and basically hypnotize him into serving her, like what happened with seifer. and then you find out rinoa is a sorceress and squall is basically hypnotized by her. its not like it's a farfetched fan theory
>>
>>376535197
My personal experience, and the only grinding i did at early stages in the game, was to get 100 water with the fishes in balamb island. And then later i got 100 zombie to get like 5000 hp at once

But that's not breaking the game that much.
Now, getting lion heart in the first disc, now THATS breaking the game.

I'm not saying the battle system and draw system are perfect. In fact, i think Magic in general is bad (and even knowing it, i still build selphie or quistis or rinoa like a mage to try something difrerent), and also the trigger button for squall makes squall the only character that will do damage at early stages.
It's just that for me at least, it wasn't big of a deal. I personally focused on other things rather than optimizing everything.
Eventually of course i like to optimize everything, but later. When i have the room to do that. Not early.
>>
>>376533424
I wouldn't go that far but her final form is one of my favourite boss battles of the series, has a cool menacing design and fighting her as she absorbs time and space is pretty cool
>>
File: PSOGL2_154.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PSOGL2_154.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>>376533030
I've played it in Japanese, there's nothing significantly different about Squall and Rinoa's relationship.
>>376535729
No, they don't tell you that, that's something Seifer picked up from watching a fucking movie. Rinoa didn't hypnotize anyone.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.