[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SMT thread. No persona allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (197KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197KB, 1440x1080px
What stats do I funnel into?
Shin Megami Tensei thread
>>
Your shit series is dead LEL
>>
>>376523985
For SMT 2?
For Aleph you want to focus on STR obviously. Speed and Vit are also good, and Luck gives you crits in this game unlike the first game, and Int improves some physical stats sightly and makes demon negotiation better, so don't neglect that. Just make sure you have at least 10 Magic, because you need it to pass a stat check.

For Hiroko you have the option of building her as a mage or fighter. Fighter should be the same as Aleph but with more Vit, to compensate for low hp growths. Mage should obviously focus on Mag and Int much more. Either works, fighter becomes a powerhouse but mage gets more utility.
>>
File: HirokoSMTIIOriginal.jpg (421KB, 1212x2296px) Image search: [Google]
HirokoSMTIIOriginal.jpg
421KB, 1212x2296px
Hiroko is best girl.
Part human, part loli fairy, all momfu.
>>
>>376525305
>Just make sure you have at least 10 Magic, because you need it to pass a stat check.
Does Aleph actually need 10 magic? I remember he needs a specific amount to win the dance-off, but you can supplement his stats with equipment (and incense, if you're willing to spend it on him instead of Hiroko). I can't remember anything that gives a huge magic boost, but I distinctly remember having something that mitigated it by quite a bit.
>>
>>376525592
Back when I played it I used the buff from one of the drinks at the bar in the same town, but it usually ended right as I got to the disco door, so it was pretty frustrating to make it work. I'm not sure whether equipment bonuses work.
>>
>>376526107
Yeah, I checked the drink buffs but they definitely timed out too quickly most of the time, but I'm positive equipment-based stat boosts work.
I'd also say spending Magic incense on Aleph to is probably the best use of it, it's nice to have for Hiroko but you'd be spending her levels on it regardless whilst it's an outright waste for Aleph outside of the requirement.
>>
Let's talk about Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
>>
Does anybody else feel like Strange Journey is the real SMT3? I'm not trying to console war or bait flames, but it's just bizarre that Nocturne is a mainline when it does so many things different from the mainlines, while SJ apparently isn't.

>First person instead of third person
>Law/Chaos/Neutral routes to pursue rather than "Reasons"
>Human allies instead of just demons
>Focus places us against a pseudo-YHVH instead of random angels and demons and other odd "things"
>Majority of worldbuilding and setting are based within an area with plentiful humans instead of primarily demons and ghosts with the periodic human of plot relevance
>>
>>376527641
if smtiv didn't exist your argument might have some weight but unfortunately it does and clearly draws a lot more from nocturne than sj
>>
>>376527641
You have a point. But for some reason, Atlus and the Japanese fans disagree. The sole real reason being that Nocturne takes place in Tokyo and SJ doesn't. That's the most important requirement, apparently.
>Focus places us against a pseudo-YHVH instead of random angels and demons and other odd "things"
Well "Kagutsuchi" in Nocturne is without a doubt supposed to be a YHVH stand-in.
>>
>>376526903
Such a series doesn't exist though
>>
File: 1481013342210.jpg (540KB, 768x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1481013342210.jpg
540KB, 768x1069px
>>376526903
>>376528230
?
>>
Is there a translation of NINE anywhere?
>>
File: waiting for if... translation.jpg (118KB, 468x363px) Image search: [Google]
waiting for if... translation.jpg
118KB, 468x363px
>>376528382
Never ever
>>
File: PersonaPSPNAcover.jpg (328KB, 640x922px) Image search: [Google]
PersonaPSPNAcover.jpg
328KB, 640x922px
>>376528230
>>
File: 1366210637414.gif (717KB, 216x178px) Image search: [Google]
1366210637414.gif
717KB, 216x178px
>>376523985
I'LL END IT THUS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.