[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched 2 hours of videos against Dark Souls II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: retards.jpg (178KB, 1278x606px) Image search: [Google]
retards.jpg
178KB, 1278x606px
99% of complaints comes down to two points:
1) brighter than the trailers
2) Graphics look bad
That's it. If the game had -30% gamma they wouldn't complain about anything else.

Seriously, why are Dark Souls fans so pathetic?
>>
>>376522425
/v/ - e-celeb discussion
>>
File: 1467170618500.png (154KB, 428x306px) Image search: [Google]
1467170618500.png
154KB, 428x306px
>Health decay back from DeS
>Item durability bug (fixed)
>Cheap enemy placement compared to DeS and DaS (even worse in SotFS)
>SotFS is a completely different game, so crossplay between the two is disabled
>Go back to Majula to level up
>You can buy lifestones and beat the game on easy mode
etc
>>
>>376522606
only the pic is e-celeb to illustrate the average Dark Souls fan.
>>
>>376522660
>SotFS is a completely different game
>>
>>376522787
You're not aware?

People playing DS2 cannot find other people playing SotFS.

Not to mention that SotFS is completely inferior to DSII + DLC
>>
>>376522787
that is a legit complaint and I hate them for doing that. the discount was a nice gesture but it should have been like 50% iff you had souls before that, plus consolefags got completely fucked over by it
>>
>>376523109
>Not to mention that SotFS is completely inferior to DSII + DLC
>>
>>376523187
Nice goalposts retard, but it is.

They added more enemies in the gank spots and completely ruined the enemy placement that was actually good in DSII by just copy-pasting hordes of enemies where they used to be.

Stop shitposting
>>
>>376523109
>Not to mention that SotFS is completely inferior to DSII + DLC
>completely fixes the enemy and item placements many people complained about
>still playing the original "beta" version
>>
>>376523917
>They added more enemies in the gank spots and completely ruined the enemy placement
so you died more and you got mad?
>>
>>376522425
>constant ambush encounters
>attacks that ignore lock-on direction Not necessarily a bad thing, but it bugs me when my attacks are going off in the wrong direction.
>character needs to re-orient himself after lock-on rolls
>shield raises too slowly
>vulnerable to attacks after riposte/backstabs
>healing is ridiculously slow
They really did all they could to make the combat as unenjoyable as possible. Also, the graphics were shit in the initial release.
>>
>>376524170
>Dark Souls 1: Oh, two enemies in an open field? I'll throw a firebomb at the first so I can easily handle the second. What's that? A third jumped down? That's okay I can funnel them back into this gate.
>Dark Souls 2 + SotFS: What's that? An empty field with no enemies in it? Okay let me walk forward... and the gate just closed behind me, looks like I'm trapped in here. Fuck, six enemies just dropped down out of the ceiling and I can't kite them to a choke point.
>Dark Souls 3: Hmmm, there are 3 enemies in front of me right now, oh I know I'll just mash R1 until I find the next bonfire.

>>376524049
SotFS added a lot of terrible enemy placement that was fine in DSII
>>
>>376524187
>They really did all they could to make the combat as unenjoyable as possible
still won GOTY awards
>>
>>376524595
So did Fallout 4.

What are you trying to prove?
>>
>>376524673
but bethesda paid journalists
>>
File: 1464043910038.jpg (237KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
1464043910038.jpg
237KB, 598x792px
>>376524863
>>
>>376522425
>level design is a buzzword
what did (You) mean by this?
>>
>>376525191
99% of steamretards don't know what level design is. They repeat what they hear from IGN/Digital Foundry
>>
>>376522425
Then you weren't paying attention.
>>
>>376523153
>Console fags got fucked over

This is a bad thing?
>>
>>376522425
Didnt fungo literally give dark souls 2 a 10/10?
>>
>>376523109
really? I beat DS2 and dropped it before the dlc came out. I was actually thinking about checking it out. So if I buy the dlc there's no interaction with the upgraded version? Can I even buy the dlc now or am I forced to upgrade completely?
>>
>99% of complaints comes down to two points:

Literally factually false. Delete this thread.
>>
The only thing that's really unforgivable about dark souls 2 is the chest high pile of rubble that's used to justify the first half of the game.
>>
Dark Souls II is shit for one big reason, shockwaves.
>>
File: 1493219127018.gif (561KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1493219127018.gif
561KB, 625x626px
>>376526113
Someone tell me he's joking
>>
>>376522425
I found it to look really pretty and I just beat it a couple days ago. Admittedly I haven't gotten to play many really recent games because I got a toaster with somewhat acceptable specs at the end of the last year so I've been catching up, so I don't know how it holds up to today's games, but I thought it looked really nice
Majula is comfy as fuck
>>
File: 1487188644180.webm (499KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487188644180.webm
499KB, 640x360px
>>376526739
That's a Souls problem in general, along with teleporting grabs
>>
>>376526113
What is it then?
>>
>>376526821
It was made extremely obvious in 2 though.
>>
>>376526464
>a youtuber changed his position to don't lose likes/subs
WOW
>>
>>376524547
>>Dark Souls 2 + SotFS: What's that? An empty field with no enemies in it? Okay let me walk forward... and the gate just closed behind me, looks like I'm trapped in here. Fuck, six enemies just dropped down out of the ceiling and I can't kite them to a choke point.
Where the fuck does anything like this happen in DS2?
>>
>>376526527
I thought there was an upgrade you could do to SotFS for like $20-$30. It comes with all the DLC. Would definitely recommend, as the DLC is by far better than the main game areas. Areas in the DLC are massive and contiguous in design, where as in the base game they are small and sometimes have jarring transitions. Only thing that sick about DLC is that magic is shit on most bosses unless you have really min maxed it up. Besides this, it's all very good
>>
>>376526906
2 was when people started calling it out, I just think it's important to note that it's always been a problem. Unfortunately it's also gotten worse as the games have gone by, 3 (and BB to a lesser extent) is pretty egregious about giant hitboxes on attacks.
>>
>>376526897
Dark Souls 1 has bad level design. That's what you need to know about level design.
>>
>>376526113
100% this
>>
>>376527006
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Forest+of+Fallen+Giants
>>
>>376527006
the door to shaded woods with the petrified pyromancer lady, you got jumped by basilisks after opening the door
>>
>>376527049
I wouldn't even consider 3 a game it was so bad
>>
>>376527049
Nope. Got better in 3 and BB. Its especially egregious in 2.
>>
File: ds2a.png (3MB, 766x1246px) Image search: [Google]
ds2a.png
3MB, 766x1246px
When people try to defend DS2
>>
my biggest problem with DaS2 is how horrible the sound is
hitting something sounds like shit. like rock crashing on rock but slightly pitched
>>
>>376527360
Maybe it's just because I can't stand how many enemies arbitrarily become giant hurtboxes (not just their weapon) and the bullshit grabs in 3 that make it stick out more to me. It was so frustrating to play, especially after I played Nioh and that game barely has like 3 shockwaves total and makes the grabs pretty lenient to avoid.
>>
>>376522660
>Health decay back from DeS
thats a good thing pleb casual
>>
I don't know why anyone's complaining about large amounts of enemies in SotFS but then again, all I used was that ultra greatsword that for some reason named "Greatsword" and wiped the floor with them all
>>
>>376527475

DS2 has the best magic variety in the series.

Magic in DS1 and DS3 fucking blows.
>>
>let's ridicule legit complaints by calling them buzzwords, maybe then people will ignore them

Damn, are DS2 fans really this retarded?

Level design, Lore, and '''''''dark feel'''''' are all important factors in Souls games. The only one who's autistic here is you.
>>
>>376527646
>Let's punish players for doing poorly
>Let's punish players for doing co-op (soul memory)
>>
>>376527804
>(soul memory)

refl forgot about this shit
>>
>>376527475
Polygon straight up made an article shilling for hbomberguys video like a week ago.
>>
>>376524547
DS3 sucks, that's for true
>>
>people can't handle the mechanic of having to consume effigies like a crack addict to desperately maintain health and humanity despite being lifted from DeS
>people can't handle more than three enemies on screen at once
>people can't handle the idea of a cozy hub world where you level, meet NPCs, etc despite being lifted from DeS
I have no respect for dark souls babbys who cannot even play an easy game
>>
File: boipuss.jpg (175KB, 1014x1200px) Image search: [Google]
boipuss.jpg
175KB, 1014x1200px
>>376522425
>I just wasted 2 hours of my life
>now please read me whining about it
>>
I think it's only very slightly less good than DS1 and DS3, mostly because I felt the rate at which the weapons degraded and the "trickling" health penalty felt bad. Playing DS3 also made me realize that there was room to improve in DS2 as far as world design is concerned. The windmill leading up to the lava hell felt stupid and in general the world did not seem as intricately connected and beautiful to look at as the other two installments. But like it was still a really good game and by and large it was just more of the same because can we just face it all of the games are really fucking similar at their core. You still die every two steps, have to figure out the enemies, get anxious before boss areas, all that.

I hope they don't do a DS4 because I did feel the third game already had an ever so slight hint of uncomfortable samey-ness to it. Mysteriously not telling much story only works as a story telling device so much, and we've really seen all the swamps / cathedrals / dungeons / graveyards now. I can apreciate the fact that the slow, weighty, tough combat is getting copied left and right now but if From is getting in on it again, please try a radically different setting next time.
>>
>>376527646
It worked better in Demons because the game was built around it. DS2 just throws it in lazily because YOU GUYS LIKE HARD RIGHT? YOU DIED HAHAHA
>>
>>376528539
>the game was built around it
>but in this one i don't like, it wasn't
come on
>>
>>376522425
I'll spare you a nugget of gold and tell you that this guy abused his gf.
>>
>>376528753
>o-oh noo not his gf ;_;

We reddit now
>>
>>376528359
Many decisions in DS2 did NOT seem to be the product of asking " Is this challenging but fair? Am I making this hard or punishing because it works within the game or am I doing it just for the sake of making it punishing because YOU DIED memes? What was the point of challenge in the first game(s)?"

But instead seemed to be lazily tacked on. And then they turn around and subvert their own bad decisions by throwing life gems at you, completely breaking the whole risk/reward balance that made managing your estus until you can defeat something or find a bonfire such a rush.
>>
>>376527762
Sorcery blows in DS2, thou Hexes and Miracles are sweet.
>>
I liked Demon's Souls and it was my first Souls game, but I'm annoyed at how the franchise keeps moving backward in order to pander to DeS nostalgia.

Leveling with bonfires > leveling with NPC
Replenishing finite estus > infinite non-replenishing healing items
>>
>>376528726
How reductive. In Demons it was a fixed percentage of health you lost when in that state and there were trade-offs to being in one state over the other. It was also loosely tied to Character Tendency.

In DS2 it feels meaningless and tacked-on
>>
>>376522425

(You)
>>
>>376522425
Hey it's that guy from Twin Perfect.
>>
>>376522425
>Promise a feature wherein many of the levels would be so dark you would have to forego a shield for a torch
>Remove the feature
>Countless areas have unlit torches the player can light that serve no purpose now
>HURR WHY IS EVERYBODY UPSET?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.