[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weaponized Autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: 1200px-Fallout_logo.svg.png (109KB, 1200x457px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Fallout_logo.svg.png
109KB, 1200x457px
Since Bethesda can’t keep any lore consistency for shit, especially regarding weapons, let me do it for them.

Era 1: WW2
Weapons used in World War 2, before the change in the timeline. While relatively scarce, many of the more mass-produced examples (Garands, Thompsons) can still be found in use.
Good examples: Having WW2 weapons.
Shit examples: Overusing WW2 weapons like Fallout 4 did.

Era 2: Early post-divergence, between 1945 - ~1990
Weapons start resembling Cold War-era weaponry, but modern firearm philosophies aren’t in use - weapons are made mostly from steel and wood, they’re heavy and simple. Most of the guns found in the game will be from this era, as it’s the most present on the consumer market.
Good examples: Fallout 3’s Assault Rifle, New Vegas Service Rifle
Shit examples: Fallout 4’s Assault Rifle, Fallout 2’s P90

Era 3: Late post-divergence, ~1990 - ~2050
Small arms, just like in our world, start evolving past their Cold War-era types. Instead of being tacticool, they embrace a more cyberpunk-y look with a mixture of neo-gothic. There weapons are usually military-grade and include current standard-issue equipment.
Good examples: Fallout 1 and 3 10mm Pistols, 10mm SMGs and many more
Shit examples: New Vegas Marksman Rifle

Era 4: Pre-War, ~2050 - 2077
Since we don’t know when energy weapons appeared on the market, we can assume it was in that era (as it includes other high-tech advancements). Energy weapons were still in their early stages and just managed to roll out for military and consumer market before the war erupted.
Good examples: Basically up to the artists, as long as it doesn’t look particularly retarded.
>>
pre-war
>Good examples: Fallout 4 Alien Blaster, Fallout 1-2 Laser Pistols and Rifles
>Shit examples: Galting Laser (mostly Bethesda ones), Fallout 1-2 Plasma Rifles, Fallout New Vegas Recharger Rifle
>>
>>376513460
>New Vegas Service Rifle
Post war, created by NCR/gun-runners

Also Fallout 4's weapon designers were retards, somethings they got right like the minigun and missile launcher but whoever came up with the Aussalt rifle can kill himself.
>>
>>376514407
if NCR is capable of such technology and R&D then why arent they better equipped?
>>
:^)
>>
>>376514583
wait shit i forgot the image
>>
>>376513460
Fallout: NV > 3 >> the rest (pretty much shitty garbage 2d games)
>>
>>376514407
>Post war, created by NCR/gun-runners
Source? Because if that's correct, that's pretty retarded.

I was under the impression that Gunners created guns based on pre-war schematics, not designed new ones outright.
>>
>>376514505
>technology
Making guns isn't hard
>R&D
The Gun Runners admit they work exclusively off Pre-War blueprints they've scavenged, there's no innovation or reinvention of ballistic weaponry
>>
>>376514693
In weapon design:
Fallout 1
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Fallout 2
Fallout: Tactics

Before somebody brings up "that" shotgun, it's about percentages of retarded weapons.
>>
>>376514407
>>376514710
The Service Rifle was assembled from pre-war schematics, not created from scratch, and the furniture is wood rather than whatever the actual m16 uses because they don't have the means to produce the polymer or whatever.

Whatever guns were in Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, and New Vegas should be in Fallout.
>>
>>
>>376514845
>3 and 4
>Above anything
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: 1491477754691.jpg (26KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1491477754691.jpg
26KB, 395x395px
>>376515095
>there are people in this thread who defend Fallout 3's weapon designs

In a way I'm happy, it's easier to tell who is a re-re that way.
>>
File: Sturmgewehr_44.jpg (52KB, 907x382px) Image search: [Google]
Sturmgewehr_44.jpg
52KB, 907x382px
>>376514665
>want pic related
>get a fucking leaf blower instead
FO4 is so thoroughly shit, it's like Bethesda wanted to make people mad
>>
>>376515254
DON'T FUCKING MAKE FUN OF ME YOU ASSHOLE I'M RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG
>>
>>376514505
Material scarcity. There aren't many high quality metal mines still in operation to provide decent enough metal for weapons manufacture, nor is the infrastructure for transporting heavy materials from extraction to processing to production.

And the same reason Bottle Caps make a semi-valid currency, the production machinery for weapons manufacture isn't that common. Machining decent quality parts, especially barrels, is tricky.

And for all the other reasons the the NCR is suffering, they just can't hold all the limes they have.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
where are all the detailed weapons in 4
>>
>>376515540
SHUT UP GOYIM.
>>
File: 10mm_pistol_(Gamebryo).png (1MB, 1750x1100px) Image search: [Google]
10mm_pistol_(Gamebryo).png
1MB, 1750x1100px
>>376515254
>>376515262
There's literally nothing wrong about this pistol.
>>
New Vegas is shit you redditor faggot. Fuck off down a hole already.
>>
>>376515082
Again, source?

I really want to believe Service Rifle was a well thought-out design, not just a fluke among shit like the Marksman Rifle.

Than again, was the NV weapon designer the same as in F2? Because that would explain a lot.
>>
File: Fo1_10mm_Pistol.png (10KB, 595x391px) Image search: [Google]
Fo1_10mm_Pistol.png
10KB, 595x391px
>>376515720
It's not a revolver
>>
>>376515720
And the original design was from a comic book, there's a reason why they still used that gun in Fallout New Vegas.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.