[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soulsborne rankings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

File: Soulsborne.jpg (39KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
Soulsborne.jpg
39KB, 540x309px
First of all, all of the Soulsborne games are 9+/10, they are great games, but people should stop with being high on nostalgia and admit that this is the most objective ranking, based on playing the definitive version of the games on the best platform possible and modded if needed:

BB:TOHE = DaSIII:TFFE > DaS:PTDE > DaSII:SOTFS > DeS

Stop being high on nostalgia and accept it.
>>
Hm I don't agree OP. I've never played BB but
>DaS>DaS3=DeS>>>>>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>376507459

>DeS being equal to DaS3

KEK

>not playing BB

Go buy it and PS4 or KYS.
>>
Stop stirring shit. It's been decided for a long time.
BB=DaS>DaS3>DeS>>DaS2
>>
>>376509107
This
>>
Bloodborne is not a Souls game, its a subpar poorly programmed action game with souls combat

DaS > DeS >>>>> DaS2 > DaS3
>>
>>376509107

DaS doesn't have the quality boss fights to be in the top 2 position. Top 2 = BB and DaS3, sry but its true.
>>
>>376509190

Bloodborne is a Souls game you dumb fuck.
>>
>>376509218
>bosses make a game good
This is retarded. It's not like most of bloodbornes bosses were impressive.
>>
BB>=DaS1>DaS3>DaS2

I haven't played Demon's Souls and I've only barely started Bloodborne.
>>
>>376506169
Oh look, it's this thread again
>>
>>376506169
Played all games except demons which i just picked up.
Holy fuck demons souls is shit
>>
Taking DLCs into consideration

BB = DaS1 > DaS3 = DeS > DaS2
>>
zero for all
shit games for tryhard losers
>>
>only argument against DeS is "nostalgia"
>meanwhile I played it for the first time a week before DaS3 came out and prefer it immensely

BB>DaS>DeS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2/3

BB: 9.5/10
DaS: 9/10
DeS: 8.5/10
DaS2: 6/10
DaS3: 6/10
>>
BB (never played that one, but I like Cthulhu so I give it a top spot) > DaS III (discount Bloodborne, doesn't have Cthulhu, but it's pretty fun) > DeS (played it on my buddy's PS3, this game taught me how to play on a pad) > DaS (fun game, nothing more) > DaS II (shit game with misleading title, it doesn't even have 2 dark souls in it)
>>
>>376506169
This is all you fags do every fucking day. You "> rank" them.

Can't any of you just talk about these games on their own merit? Do you all really only see them as mere expansions to Demon's Souls?
>>
>DUDE YOU DIED LMAO

they're 7 at best
>>
>>376510385
This. I realised i wasn't getting good at all, i just knew what to expect.
>>
>>376509518

HAHAHAHA

Are you kidding?

Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne alone were a better experience and worth more than entire bosses of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls combined.

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 bosses are godtier. Dark Souls has some god tier bosses too.
>>
>>376509629

Yes, it is. It should be in the last spot, but nostalgia retards can't let go.
>>
>>376509897

Demon's Souls has 0 god tier bosses. Dark Souls 3 has a lot of godtier bosses. Dark Souls 3 has better level design, better graphics, better OST and better gameplay.

Die from cancer contrarian cancerou faggot, nostalgia cuck son of a whore.
>>
>>376510385

How about you think before you approach a situation?
How about you improve your dodge timing?

Go be a shitter somewhere else animal.
>>
>>376510736
You mean memorise the level til you do beat it?
>>
>>376510371

We would do that if nostalgia retards learned their place, but they haven't, so here we are again.

I can't stand Demon's Souls nostalgia cucks, how can they be so blind.
>>
>>376510489
>Cleric beast and Papa G
Over hyped as fuck by under aged newfags such as yourself. The time that use buzzwords like nostalgia and kino and think that faster=better
>>
>>376506169
Do you ever get bored of ranking the same five games over and over?
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 449x531px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 449x531px
>>376510802
Right, but i could start a Silent Hill 3 thread tight now and YES some would post about how 2 or 1 was better but not ALL 500 posts of that thread.

There would be Heatherposting, jokes, trivia memories and memes, 80% relating to just that one entry in the series. I like Souls games but on /v/ the community are fags and completley humourless. And lets face it, the DS knights are console-tan tier worthy for jokes and shit.

We could be great! But we suck!
>>
>>376511198
Fucking tell me about it... Im glad im not the only one who noticed.
>>
>>376510795

Nope, use your brain, might be hard if you have a low IQ, sad for you :)
>>
>>376510736

there are actual hard games that require skill like DMC and meme games with shit mechanics such as Souls games
>>
BB > DeS > DaS > DaS2 > DaS3

Bloodborne is obviously the best game in the series. It has a very good story, expands on the series with a bunch of new mechanics , has the most inventive and complex movesets in the series, is probably the most difficult and has the best boss fights. PvP is often a chore because of gems. Replacing rings with Runes was a bad move imo, since it's a chore to have to head back to the dream to alter stuff - and it being limited to console takes away from it's potential. Chalice dungeons were hit and miss - they added extra content and bosses which was great, but the limited tilesets and repetitive nature made them often feel like a chore

DeS scores major points for being the first in the series, innovating in a number of ways - but also still has some of the best things in the series like the Hub world, and the atmosphere. Latria is still the most scary and foul place we have explored in the Souls series and comes closer to the darker fantasy that Miyazaki seems to enjoy making. (Like Bloodborne) The PvP was pretty horrendous though - it was tons of fun since it was new, but infinite grassing, lmao2kat, huge phantom range on weapons etc was a nightmare. Magic was surprisingly actually better in this game than Dark Souls. Demons also had some of the best music in the series but suffered from weak bossfights
>>
>>376511395
Dark Souls was where the series first hit mainstream appeal and with good reason, the first half of the game is absolutely outstanding. However i think this prevents people from being objective when they consider the game because post Lord Vessel it really, really falls apart. Lost Izalith in particular is really, really bad, but pretty much all post lord vessel areas are really small and you can clearly see how rushed the game was. The PvP was fun but with the strength of poise backstabs invaders could abuse the hell out of hosts and pvp later into it's life became a mess as people started to understand and abuse the mechanics. DLC was fantastic though.

For the same reason DaS one loses points for having a weak second half, DaS2 gains them for how well it recovered with DLC. This i feel is where a lot of peoples opinions diverge, because DaS2 has some glaring flaws. The game looks pretty ugly, it's world geography makes no sense at all, the game was quite clearly rushed and the engine feels weird and floaty. However, credit where it's due, DaS2 also tried tons of new stuff, and was way more inventive and experimental than DaS3. It added power stancing, weird covenants, gave you the option to respec, introduced new magic types and diversified spells, and more than anything there was just tons, and tons of content. There are so many bosses and weapons in DaS2 it's crazy. However, half the ideas fell totally flat, and the game had some really poor areas like Iron Keep that just felt totally out of place. However, the DLCs were arguably the best Souls content ever made, great zones, amazing bossfights, cool new weapons and spells, Raime particularly stands out as the last truly difficult bossfight that really crushed people on release. DaS2 also had by far the best PvP in a souls game once MonnyScim was fixed. There was still a bunch of broken stuff but all in all it was the most fun PvP in the series.
>>
>>376511476
DaS3 is held in high regard by a lot of people and i can kinda see why. It's a 'safe' souls sequel. All the old themes, all the throwbacks to DaS1, a return to similar but expanded mechanics from 1 make the game a solid, familiar experience. However to me, DaS3 feels like a super sterile, calculated game, a 'paint by numbers' souls as it were. It's like they followed a recipe to making a souls game without putting any love into it. Good boss fights are few and far between - and for as many of them there are tedious boss fights to match. It follows the same pattern as DaS with 4 bosses needing to be slain to reach the final area, and makes constant references to it - but they often feel out of place and forced, like the developers poking you in the ribs saying 'HEY REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1 EH?' Like why was the Easterners Ashes in Anor Londo? As usual some areas were clearly rushed (Profaned Capital springs immediately to mind) but the worst thing about the game is how obnoxiously easy it is.

Rolls are stupidly safe and cost nearly no stamina, you're drowning in estus and healing items, bosses have massive recovery times on their attacks, with only a few actually pushing you to the limit like Pontiff or Champion Gundyr, which forces them to have stupidly long combos to keep up with your 12 rolls in a stamina bar. DaS3 did do some things right though. Weapon Skills added some variety to weapons movesets, but were poorly balanced - with some being way, way stronger than others (the recent patch did go some way to fixing this however with things like Perseverance being buffed) and finally, finally magic got some love. Outside of DaS2, Magic had pretty much been all line nukes which were stupidly easy to roll, and after a little bit of bitching about stuff like WoG in DaS, people had managed to figure that out too. Adding stuff like Flashsword, Crystal Hail, Dark Edge, Great Farron Dart, really made Magic feel fun again and more viable in PvP.
>>
>>376511540
However that's where we come onto the worst part. The PvP in Dark Souls 3 is objectively the worst it has ever been. Now the usual (and justified) invader qq has been discussed plenty before, so to sum up - incredibly fast estus animation that heals upfront for an absurd amount, with phantoms being able to heal, two phantoms being present with more bluecops being summoned in, shield of a tree of giants, absurdly safe rolls that cost nothing and give you the ability to just play passively until your phantoms kill the invader or you get to safety, the algorithm forcing you to invade more populated worlds and so on.

But asides from that - even in 1 on 1 pvp, the addition of weapon arts, generous parry timings and the newer weapons that feature EPIC L1 combos lead to many many fights just ending in an unbreakable one hit combo, often coming down to a 50/50. The Ringed City is especially terrible for this - nearly every single weapon in the dlc added a new weaponskill/L1 combo that was just a 'hit them lots of times with flashy shit happening' that oneshots people. This takes away from needing to learn the strengths and weaknesses of a weapons moveset and adapt it to your opponents and just drags it down into a 50/50 'i win' situation.

Speaking of the DLC, whilst the ringed city was pretty good for pve content, AoA was really, really short - with only two bosses, and added very little. A very forgettable dlc all in all. Despite all these criticisms though, the prevailing negative for DaS3 is that it tried so little to be inventive or fresh and relied so heavily on HEY REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1???? to tell it's story and deliver it's experience
>>
File: image.jpg (225KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 1200x1200px
>>376511365
>play Demon's Souls
>first proper boss after dying
>some kind of blob with little guards
>"shit here we go! Im prolly gonna die"
>read floor message
>"use your head, think!" Os something of the like
>"OKAY."
>i just mash at all the guards and run away like a little bitch until they are all gone
>just the blob now
>i mash Square till he dies
>this was my first try

WOOOOOW GUYS THIS GAME SURE IS GREAT. SURLEY THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF OBJECTIVE GAMEPLAY WE HAVE RIGHT NOW
>>
>>376511395
>>376511476
Des may have more consistent quality but it never reaches those highs. And you forget that post lord vessel is six areas, not half the game+dlc
>>
>>376511667
>DeS never reaches those highs
>False King Allant
>Finding Astrea in the swamp with Garl Vinland watching over her as the music kicks in

If those aren't highs then i don't know what the fuck is.
>>
>>376511395
>>376511476
>>376511540
10/10 posts. ranks the games based on preference but praises them all, this is what souls thread should be about instead of the same old tired shit posting
>>
File: Gherman and Doll.jpg (165KB, 749x864px) Image search: [Google]
Gherman and Doll.jpg
165KB, 749x864px
>>376506169
>First of all, all of the Soulsborne games are 9+/10
No they are not. I also bet your shitty rating system starts at 7 as "average" instead of 5.

>they are great games
Nope. DaS2 is straight up below average. Even the devs admitted this by making a soft remake shortly after (which is some ways improved it and in some worsened it) just goes to show they had no fucking idea on what to make of the level design and enemy placement (in a way they are one and the same in this franchise)

And DaS3 is a perfect example of series fatigue and lazyness, when just the year prior Bloodborne felt fresh, proving that DaS3 COULD have been awestrucking but ended up just feeling like more of the same, a mere contractual obligation to BandaiNamco that had to be made before moving on to better things. Not that DaS3 is bad, but boring if you expect a single thing to change or be different.

Thus, when recommending the series to newcommers I always tell them to avoid DaS2/DaS3 as one is bad and the other avegare and mind-numbing. DaS/Bloodborne together are over 100 hours worth of Souls games, more than enough to quench anyone's thirst. If they REALLY want to play more of the same then I tell them to finally pull the trigger and get DaS3 (or DeS if they are curious about the series origin), and then if they are STILL desperate for more there's NioH, fucking Let It Die, and as a last resort DaS2.

This is completely anecdotal but I've yet to have anyone IRL be happy that they got to play DaS3 and not be disappointed by DaS2.
>>
Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls II = Dark Souls III

I think everything after Dark Souls missed the point and were fundamentally different. That being said, Bloodborne delivered a great game in a different style and changed the combat style, too. I don't think Dark Souls II and III should ever have been made. II misses the point entirely and makes something that is more like a knock-off of Dark Souls, and III tries to transplant Bloodborne into Dark Souls, but fails to capture what made either of them good.
>>
>>376509218
III had terrible bosses. I can't say that any boss in the base game is worthy of praise.
>>
>>376512459
>suggesting a shitty F2P game over Dark souls 2
opinion discounted
>>
>>376511394

The mechanics are not the problem, you are, shitter. Souls is godtier. DMC is a dogshit game and franchise with horrobly pointless autistic gameplay, other action games such as NINJA GAIDEN BLACK, NINJA GAIDEN 2 and BAYONETTA completely shit on DMC games.
>>
>>376506169
>BB = DaS3 = DaS > DeS > > > others
I just can not play this lazy shit
>>
>>376510385

Git gud
>>
File: Let it Die Insurance.webm (2MB, 618x720px) Image search: [Google]
Let it Die Insurance.webm
2MB, 618x720px
>>376512838
You still read through 90% of my post. Worth it.

On a serious note, anything's better than DaS2 even if the fundamental gameplay is shittier - it's still a different enough experience that won't disappoint. DaS2 alone pulls the whole Souls franchise down, Let It Die doesn't do that at least.
>>
File: Soulsborne.jpg (405KB, 800x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Soulsborne.jpg
405KB, 800x1688px
>>376506169
For many people DS2 is undoubtedly the worst

DS1 > BB >= DS3 > DeS >>> DS2
>>
>>376513862
DS1 is objectively as bad as DS2 but it was the first souls title most people played. People put BB ahead of DSIII purely thanks to it being a new venture but it is definitely worse.
>>
>>376512798

Lmfao, die from cancer.

Champion Gundyr, Pontiff Sulyvahn, Dragonslayer Armor, Lothric & Lorian, Nameless King and Soul of Cinder are godtier and better than all DeS and DaS2 bosses combined and better than the majority of bosses of Dark Souls.

TFFE gives it Friede, Gael and Midir who are legendary god tier bosses. Two demons ate god tier.

DaS3 and BB have the best bosses. Only godtier bosses DaS has are Ornstein and Smough, Artorias and Kalameet.
>>
File: 1461960953773.jpg (27KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
1461960953773.jpg
27KB, 480x259px
>>376511639
>>i mash Square till he dies
>>square
You had one job.
>>
>>376506169

Nah bud DeS is and always will be best, buy a PS3 and actually play it instead of pretending you have
>>
>>376513478
except it isn't a different experience. It's a F2P grind game that just has SICK DARK STYLE, if it wasn't for suda prettying it up it would be like any other F2P material grind game
>>
Why did every other game in the series fail to capture the amazing atmosphere of Demon's Souls? The others really aren't even memorable in comparison
>>
>>376514529

I have it, it is the weakest Souls game, all others surpass it, dumb fucking nostalgia whore.
>>
>>376506169
SotFS > PtD >> 3 >> BB
>>
>>376509107
correct answer
>>
>>376514318
>Champion Gundyr
Decent, but not great. It suffers from the fact that DasIII has watered down Bloodborne gameplay.
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
What made him great? He was better than most bosses, but beyond that was nothing especially interesting.
>Dragonslayer Armor
Just like Champion Gundyr but easier to telegraph and slower.
>Lothric & Lorian
Two easy, boring phases. The multiple phases being a crutch DasIII relies on so heavily, because they couldn't design many bosses worth one phase.
>Nameless King
Pointless first phase, second phase is only challenging due to a punishing amount of damage.
>Soul of Cinder
No positives. Just a lame boss design.
>>
BB > Das1 = Des > DS2 >> DS3

Ds3 is a godamn mess, I know Ds2 gets a lot of hate but I had a lot more fun with it
>>
>>376514945

Your whore mother is a god damn mess.
>>
>>376514945
Das3 has nothing going for it besides, maybe, armour and weaponry variety. And those aren't even that important to the game. It probably is the worst in the series.
>>
>>376515229

Nope, DaS2 and DeS are the weakest in the series. Get cancer and die contrarian son of a whore.
>>
>>376506169
DS2 is a B-team imitation of DS1 and DES, It lacked the Miyazaki Touch to make it great.
>DeS>BB=DaS>DaS3>>>>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>376514441
Fug you know what i mean R1. But everything else i said was correct about that boss fight. The worse part was, not only was there no music the whole stage, but as a ghost or whatever the fuck your character makes no sound. Jesus fuck.
>>
DS > BB >>> DS3 > DeS >>> DS2
>>
>>376515474
DeS is the best. You don't know what makes The Souls series good if all you think about is action and reflexes. You know why combat is simple in the games? Because it isn't important. This is where Bloodborne and DaSIII fall over.
>>
>>376516585

DeS is the weakest.
>>
File: 1494419054845.jpg (75KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
1494419054845.jpg
75KB, 540x310px
>>376506169
Sorry
>>
File: 1446400863842.jpg (9KB, 320x254px) Image search: [Google]
1446400863842.jpg
9KB, 320x254px
>>376509190
>bloodborne isn't a souls game
>>
>>376517317
Well i mean hed right, its not. Just like dino crisis is "not" a resident evil game.
>>
>>376517189
No it isn't. III is.
>>
File: 1493950220497.jpg (16KB, 258x216px) Image search: [Google]
1493950220497.jpg
16KB, 258x216px
>>376517613
stop being deluded. Everything from the leveling system, to dodging attacks, to popping "blood echoes" is the exact fucking same. It just has some changed up combat.

Storywise it isn't, but let's be real, it's a dark souls game with a different name in a different setting
>>
>>376506169
>SOTFS>SHIT
>Full of cheap design
I just don't like it
>>
>>376517748

BB = 9.5
DaS3 = 9.4
DaS = 9.3
DaS2 = 9.2
DeS =9.1

DeS is the weakest, get over it faggot.
>>
File: 1490037405237.gif (987KB, 345x263px) Image search: [Google]
1490037405237.gif
987KB, 345x263px
BB > Nioh > DS3 > DS1 > DeS > DS2
>>
File: 1491960675102.jpg (42KB, 580x417px) Image search: [Google]
1491960675102.jpg
42KB, 580x417px
>>376518079
>ds2 9.2
>calling anyone else a faggot ever

7 on it's best day, 4 on it's worst
>>
File: 1280024523084.gif (956KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1280024523084.gif
956KB, 200x200px
>>376518079
peaceful
>>
>>376513140
>souls
>godtier
Get out of my board REEEEEEE
>>
>>376518079
What do you like about the Souls games?
>>
>>376519136

The levels, the world, the journey through those levels and world, the scenarios, the bosses, trying to figure out what is going on, the combat, the gameplay, the soundtracks, the atmosphere, the whole package together is just very enjoyable for me, I always keep coming back to these games.
>>
>Level design
DaS > BB > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

>Boss battles
BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS

Prove me wrong
You literally can't
>>
>>376520442
>boss battles
Des>DasII
>>
>>376520634
Comparing the vanilla games I agree.
However the DLC for DaS2 puts it above DeS desu.
>>
File: 1492448577327.png (14KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492448577327.png
14KB, 646x720px
bb > das3 > ds2 > des > das > ptd > sotfs > tohe > tffe
>>
>>376520071
Too vague. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>376521210

Are you retarded?

I like how you enter a zone, a.k.a level and how it is designed, how the items are hidden and I can explore it all and find shortcuts and secrets.

I like how the zones connect (usually) to other zones and you get a world, in which you travel, like an adventure, a journey.

I like how you encounter strange NPC's that are also traveling in this world, how they have scenarios that unfold depending on your actions.

I like how the "story" is unknown and you have to figure it out as you go on.

I enjoy the combat which is based on timing and positioning. I like the variety of combat styles and weapons, which gives the game a lot of replay value.

I like the boss fights and the soundtracks that accompany them, I love a good Soulsborne boss, it is probably my favorite aspect of Soulsborne games.

All of this combined is the gameplay to me and creates a great atmosphere and immersive world, which I like to travel in, that is why I keep playing these games, the replay value is great.

Now die from cancer son of a whore.
>>
File: 1490486975407m.jpg (92KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
1490486975407m.jpg
92KB, 1024x672px
Never played any others apart from Bloodborne, my experience looks like this:

> zero music outside of boss battles
> zero story to be told, lore =/=story
> holds your hand every step of the way, under the guise of being a hardcore game
> boring combat which ultimately boils down to hammering R1
> PVP is laughably bad
> few weapon choices, all of which behave almost identically
> lots of armour, none of which make any real difference to the game
> the most linear game you'll play this millennium
> offers you a cheat mechanic to have 2 people do anything difficult for you, rendering the sense of achievement completely pointless

I went in blind, never having played a Souls game before and platinumed it in 10 days.
>>
>>376509107
this toe be hoenest
>>
>>376511395
>>376511476
>>376511540
>>376511615
these sum up how I feel 10/10 have a (you)
>>
>>376523224
It's amazing that you're still at it. Truly admirable.
>>
>>376523681
Just returned from my second ban today.

All of my points are entirely legitimate and irrefutable.
>>
>>376506169
I love them all equally, for different reasons.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.