[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it be good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: og_image.jpg (181KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
og_image.jpg
181KB, 1200x630px
Will it be good?
>>
>>376498730
It will be mediocre.
Stop shilling.

This is a pre-release game for a studio with a bad track record and the available material paints the product in a poor light.
It does not warrant always having a thread up even if it is less than a week from release.
>>
File: 1474932722050.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474932722050.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>376498730
No, Code vein has cute girls so it's automatically better
>>
No. I'm glad soulsmeme dead.
>>
Better than LotF but that's not a very high bar.
>>
>>376498730

Do you not see that shitty looking design
>>
My autism is incapable of dealing with the fact that it takes place in a sci-fi setting yet they use primarily melee weapons. Perhaps if theres a story-related reason I can deal.
>>
>>376498730
If it's good, /v/ will briefly like it before claiming that it's shit just to be contrarian.
>>
looks like a souls clone without the stuff that made souls good

protip: the mediocre combat didn't make souls good
>>
File: nothankyou.png (183KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
nothankyou.png
183KB, 400x500px
>another soulslike
Let this meme die already
>>
>>376500038
I think the reason behind it is that there was a power 'Surge' at some fuckhuge manufacturing plant or something and now everyone except the MC and a few select NPCs are insane because the 'Surge' fried the mechanical/electrical implants in their brains. There are no/few guns or gun=like weapons because the game wants to emphasize its gimmick, which is beating the parts off of enemies and using them as armor/weapons. In short, it's supposed to be a brutal struggle for survival in which you have to become as savage as your enemies in order to survive.

That, or the devs are more autistic than you are.
>>
>>376500038

Apparently there is a lore reason? From what they said in that one trailer most of the weapons are construction equipment of some sort "repurposed" for improvised combat. The powered exoskeleton the main character uses is a loader of some sort. Even some of the bosses seem to be things like "autonomous mobile laser drilling platforms" and sci-fi tunnel boring machines that have gone skynet for some reason.

Not saying the game will be good but there is a method to its madness. If nothing else being able to target limbs and selectively dismember enemies to get specific usable parts from them does look pretty cool. Not something I will pick up day one but maybe after a few discounts.
>>
>>376499129
>none of the gameplay footage even remotely suggests it will be like souls
>without the HUD, no way of knowing if it will even have stamina management which apparently means the game will be a souls clone in "current year"
>it will be anime Souls
I fucking hate retards like you or the press that calls it anime souls.
>>
File: Straightcougaredited.jpg (77KB, 502x800px) Image search: [Google]
Straightcougaredited.jpg
77KB, 502x800px
>>376500438
See, that sounds really cool but I doubt they'll pull it off; I'm hoping I can make cougar.
>>
>>376500593
>enemy uses slow, shitty looking, heavily telegraphed attacks
>main character rolls a lot
>everyone is big and has big weapons
LIterally Dark Souls
>>
No option for female protag, no buy
>>
>>376500848
That's Monster Hunter, anon.
>>
>>376499129
>flail 3 meter long weapons at noodle thin enemy
>enemy has no reaction to being hit

dropped
>>
Just read they will have a ranged weapon system so my autism will probably be calmed.
>>
>>376500913
No laser bows, no buy
>>
>>376500038
The lore reason is that you and everyone else is working at a huge scrapyard/industrial complex/research facility so all the exosuit stuff is for industrial use, not military, so there's more hammers and less assault rifles around.
>>
>>376498730
>mfw I just want deep down to do some fantasy dungeoneering with bros
>it'll never happen
>>
>>376500967
Shame it recently got announced as a cancelled project , what a waste of a good idea
>>
>>376500913
I'm hoping for a rivet gun or something
>>
>>376500998
Quit meming, it's still around.
>>
Those ducking and jumping on the spot dodge mechanics are pretty fucking cool 2bqh
hope FROM adds this to their future souls like games
>>
>>376500848
Wow
This board was fucking massacred not just killed
>>
>no character creation
>no online PVP
>most likely gonna be a straightforward, shitty scifi story
>QTEs to kill enemies if you want special loot, standard "PRESS X TO AWESOME"
>boring industrial setting
>shit level design

what's the fucking point
>>
>>376501054
Google it, it was cancelled months ago
>>
>>376498730
New DLC for fallout 4 ?
>>
>>376500998
Yep, at least I didn't buy a ps4 because of the deep down vid at the announcement event. 4 years ago.
I came real close
>>
>>376500593
>prepare to dine

it's not souls goys, bamco wont try to cash on the souls formula
>>
>>376501182
last update is 17 feb, capcom renewed the trademark
>>
File: 1409775323670.jpg (218KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1409775323670.jpg
218KB, 600x600px
>>376501110

Welcome to the rotting corpse that is modern /v/.
>>
>>376501389
If v went to shit, then you're just another maggot crawling in the pile!
>>
>>376500998
>>376501182

Stop spreading this bullshit. Capcom recently extended the trademark for Deep Down which means they're still doing or planning to do something about it. See this:

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/17/capcom-still-filing-for-deep-down-trademarks-but-does-it-actually-still-exist/
>>
>>376501182
DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK BECAUSE WE WERE NEVER GONE
>>
File: 1466953332746.jpg (40KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1466953332746.jpg
40KB, 633x758px
>>376501380
>>376501480
couldve sworn there was an article that said Deep down was cancelled, my bad hehe I guess I was wrong
>>
>>376501157
>QTEs to kill enemies if you want special loot, standard "PRESS X TO AWESOME"

You have to select which limb to aim for, attacking armored limbs will take longer to kill an enemy than if you were going for weaker spots, but its what you've got to do if you want that piece they're wearing. The 'QTE' is just holding down a button to trigger the severing animation after you've done enough damage, it is nowhere near as bad as you think. Its like seeing button prompts triggers everyone these days.
>>
>>376501157
>no character creation
he will be covered in scrap and random metal armor anyways
>no online pvp
0 fucks given
>shitty scifi story
go read a book
>QTEs to kill enemies if you want special loot
Are you talking about Bayonetta 2's angel weapons. Just slap the dude to death with the generic metal rod if that triggers you that much.
>setting
0 fucks given
>level design
did you play it.

Game doesn't interest me in the slightest. Bargain bin fodder at best much like every Souls game in existence.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.