[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best boss battle in WoW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: onyxia.jpg (54KB, 705x359px) Image search: [Google]
onyxia.jpg
54KB, 705x359px
What's the best boss battle in WoW?
>>
File: Nostalgia.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Nostalgia.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Maloriak because i could do half second interrupts (the boss timer mod helped as well) and everyone in my guild thought that i was god.
>>
>>376489110
yogg was cool
>>
If talking sheer intricacy in mechanics, Archimonde in HFC or Gul'dan in Nighthold. They are both like the Vergil 3s of MMORPGs.

In terms of unique mechanics, the two boss fights in the BRF raid from WoD that have that part of the stage itself attacking you.

For sheer epicness factor, Kael'thas from Tempest Keep in TBC with all the legendary weapons and it's multiple stages.

For atmosphere, context, and lore, it's gotta be Yogg-Saron. The Storm Peaks zone quests were the best in WOTLK, and they all build up to Ulduar itself. That entire journey, the Old God stuff that happens in the fight, and the other mechanics really make this fight feel epic. Wrath's the one expansion where it felt like the non-main threat really stole the show in how well everything was done around it.

For some personal memories, Ozruk in Stonecore in Cataclysm (or at least his Heroic version, pre-nerf.) He's not a raid boss like the rest, but he was hard as shit back then. Probably one of the if not the toughest dungeon bosses ever, and arguably the main reason people bitched for nerfs back then. With some people leaving, one of the officers getting cancer, and the guild leader plus another officer having personal IRL issues, I had to learn to lead things for once while also teaching a bunch of less experienced guys what to do. These guys are now those that I am closest with in the guild now. It's the turning point for me from pre-Wrath WoW to post-Wrath WoW.
>>
>>376489110
For me it was the lich king.

I hadn't read up on the fight on purpose because I didn't want to spoil it for myself despite wanting to know it for raid purposes. When we all died I genuinely thought I may had some something to wipe the raid and realized arthas was just toying with the raid the whole time. It was so fuckint cool.
>>
>>376489110
siegecrafter blackfuse, Paragons, Garrosh, Imperator margok, Xhul'horac, Operator thogar, Blackhand, archimonde Gul'dan, all of the throne of thunder boss fights on heroic, and all of the Ulduar hard mode fights
>>
Algalon the observer, ra-den
Close second is Yogg Aaron, lich king
3rd is muru/Kil jaeden
4th archimonde in draenor
>>
Algalon hands down

if you don't think it's algalon you're wrong
>>
>>376489110
1.Kale
2.Yogg
3.Arthas
4.Lei Shen
>>
>>376489110
for me it's the McChicken
>>
Original Karazhan was the pinnacle of fun.
>>
>>376490180
lol get a load of this nerd
>>
>>376490684
You really like SOO.
Personally TOT >>> SOO, but blackfuse was my moment of "last man standing" glory, despite the gm threatening to kick me if i don't wipe.
>>
File: justonemoreexpansion.jpg (29KB, 620x356px) Image search: [Google]
justonemoreexpansion.jpg
29KB, 620x356px
Addiction
>>
I just started playing wow, I'm lvl 7, is it too late? is the game now dying? is there any game out there considered better than wow at this stage? are they making a wow 2?
>>
>>376490180
Good post
>>
>>376491150
>lvl 7
What, you've been playing for like 30 minutes?
>>
I only played one raid dungeon and that was ulduar.
I kinda liked it but playing that over and over again can get tiresome.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (90KB, 559x626px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
90KB, 559x626px
>>376489110
easy
>>
>>376491150
No worries, I just started last week and there is still a rather large community. Just find a guild that is fine with you being low level and offers to help you out with gear or carrying runs. Buy a guild tabard ASAP, as guild rep can give you heirlooms, which aren't necessary but help immensely.

Trade chat is fucking shit, it's /pol/-tier
>>
File: heigan.jpg (57KB, 375x577px) Image search: [Google]
heigan.jpg
57KB, 375x577px
>>376489110
DANCE
>>
>>376491234
>>376490767
>>376490859
What about Algalon was fun? Never did him, but I didn't think he had much to him other than being 'hard'

Also that hydra in blackrock that 1 shots everyone after a point and has a 5 second swing
>>
>>376489110
The Uninstall Wizard
>>
>>376491150
Nah, just don't expect to be able to do highest tier content mainly due to gear progression particularly your weapon. It's cool though since only 5% of the entire playerbase at any point is ever able to do it: https://www.wowprogress.com/

>>376490767
>>376490859
>>376491234
I am curious as well. I only remember the dude having like five moves, those stars, and then entering the black hole from the stars every time he pulled the wiping aoe.
>>
>>376489110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv_b1-bsN5o
>>
>>376490767
Ra-Den was fun, he's even more fun solo since you have to down him in a certain amount of time or its an insta-wipe
>questline involves a bell that drives people mad
>described as fleshy as if it were actually made out of someone's skin
>go below the Throne of Thunder
>chained up Titan Watcher with huge gashes on his body where they took flesh to make the bell
>>
>>376492642
This fight seems super easy except for instakill effects.
Literally all you do is DPS the boss the whole time while a handful of people actually do things
>>
>>376492875
>seems super easy
anon please
>>
>>376493947
Dude only had high damage damage base numbers, and took longer than usual for world first just because 1 hour of attempts per week. Pretty simple mechanically, and when taking the limit into account only took net total of something like two to three hours for world first.
>>
BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
>>
>>376494570
this. He's artificial difficulty

The only people who have hard jobs are the healers/tanks to stay alive, and the guys who gotta kite the adds into blackholes.

It's a healer fight.
>>
>>376491081
SoO had pretty fun bosses overall. H Blackfuse and Paragons were my favorite hard fights, Malkorok was also pretty fun.
>>
Karazhan Opera
>>
>>376489110
the one where you stop attacking the boss to kill adds and occasionally avoid the particle effects
>>
Most frustrating? - Lord Rhyolith HC from firelands. If group wouldnt have hpaladin its a wipe, plus his leg mechanic ofc.
Honorable mention - The Twilight Council HC, before nerf even the best tanks and best healers couldnt carry this one, noone could fully understand the mechanics. Plus it got the biggest difficulty difference between normal and hc.
The most fun was sindragosa hc, It was so damn easy to see who knew the tactics on this one and who didnt. Always did her first to see who is actually fine.
>>
>>376495043

>most frustrating

I'm going with Thaddius on launch of WotLK, it was nearly impossible because of the incompetent server maintenance.
>>
>>376495418
God, Naxx was such a fucking joke

My 10 man group almost killed Anub on 25 mode because we didn't know it was set to it.
We legitimately thought it was just decently hard content.

Similar shit with Throne of thunder 10 man before the fixed/nerfed the 2nd and 3rd boss which we managed to kill prenerf
>>
File: 1494370454090.jpg (48KB, 537x604px) Image search: [Google]
1494370454090.jpg
48KB, 537x604px
>Get Legion pass for free for being a huge ERP-slut
>>
>>376491150
lol mate you are WAY to late.

I dont play anymore since the game is so bad
>>
>>376492584
The "progress" shit that forces you to play ALL THE TIME is one of the big pushers for me quitting.

I hated it during Pandas and I quit WOD early, but it wasn't as bad then. Legion seems terrible.
>>
>>376495925

>Ulduar was decently challenging
>Blizzard nerfs literally fucking everything almost instantly

Haven't played since.
>>
I loved hm sindragosa and hm lich king.
yogg 0 and hm spine were the boss with most attempt

>>376496049
yeah, the reward/progress system is FUCKED UP.
they put costant progress everywhere and with no end.
the result is:
>if you don't care about progress, you can ignore the reward system, and be happy that it is everywhere so you get always something you don't need
>if you CARE about progress, you can't ignore it, and you are forced to exploit the reward system all the time until you get what you NEED

Legion content is good. the problem is the way you need to play it if you care about progress.
>>
>>376496049
Panda and WoD are like the two expansions that had catch-up gear added in the last patch though. And the decision got A LOT of backlash from fans. Earlier WoW had no way to alleviate progression at all (came into AQ? Oh well you're still starting at boring ass MC; good luck finding others to do that with you.)

Legion's like in this awkward middle ground with this because the AP system for weapons caters closer to the older style WoW players with its expansion long progression for the weapon, while the rng and titanforged system are like less overt ways of getting people to potentially catch up on non-weapon gear catering to someone like you. Either way, Blizzard gets shit from both preferences players on the opposing item progression system.

>>376496361
>>376495925
Wrath was easily the most casual expansion of them all. Thus the term Wrath baby.
>>
File: 1493878159765.gif (369KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
1493878159765.gif
369KB, 400x235px
My personal favourite is Dark Shamans in SoO.

My team couldn't understand how to do the fight normally, and some people let us down on dps whilst splitting. So I ended up soloing the female shaman down bottom and kiting 1000 slimes as the fuckers up top got a free kill. Blood DKs used to be fun for this shit, felt like an asset for gimp in stuff, why did they have to change it.
>>
>>376489110
ragnaros on nostalrius with /vg/

rip dragon in forest
>>
>>376489110
Edwin VanCleef of course
>>
>>376490180
>Guldan anywhere near Archimonde.
gtfo
>>
I liked the vehicle section of ulduar
>>
>>376497339
Archimonde is for sure the craziest boss fight in WoW yet, but progression doesn't end at him anymore, it ends at Gul'dan, who's still up there in terms of the craziness he brings.
>>
>>376497706
Kid doesn't even compare to Mannoroth in term of mechanics and timings. If were talking about craziness then that easily goes to Blackhand if you didn't use the Chink wall cheese strat.
>>
my favorite >that 2nd phase >that 3rd phase
Nefarian hard was something
>>
>>376491150
Which region? Because while the WoW community was always full of idiots, it's especially noticable now because the game is so old and most serious players grew out of it. The EU region is full of English illiterate people with no communication skills who are too cheap to pay the monthly fee and inflates the 30 day token price.
>>
>>376497827
Gul'dan's definitely tougher than Mannoroth and Blackhand. Mannoroth isn't too bad if you know when to dispell the Gaze and know the range of the Hellstorm. Blackhand was a bit more on the gear intensive end. Gul'dan severely limits the battlefield even more than Blackhand does with more shit to worry about on top of that.
>>
>>376499376
It's not about limiting the battlefield it's the sheer amount of shit that's all going on at the same time. If you think Guldan is more hectic than Blackhand you didn't do blackhand legitimately.
>>
>tfw cutting edge Blackhand, Archimonde, Xavius and Gul'dan soon

Helya a bitch, havn't tried her since nerfs
>>
>>376499884
But Gul'dan does have more stuff going on along with an extremely limited battlefield. Coordinating the fight was far tougher than Blackhand's as a result. You can also drop some extra heals on people if you start to fall behind a little bit with Blackhand's mechanics that hurt a bunch of players. That's not an option with Gul'dan since that kind of healing needs to be saved up for soul fragments.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.