[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so fucking wrong? Does anyone still play this game anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 12

File: pokemon_go_logo.png (119KB, 608x370px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_logo.png
119KB, 608x370px
What went so fucking wrong?

Does anyone still play this game anymore?
>>
simpsons?
>>
>>376487531
What?
>>
File: 1494318400014.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494318400014.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
Not hating family, but there is a board for this shit for a reason. Pokemon is like 50% of video games.

Anyway, it went wrong because they did not update this shit and did not follow the hype at all. Which is understandable since they got no support from Nintendo at all. But I always have been thinking this is because Nintendo is probably planning some sort of Switch based Pokemon system that is similar to the Pokemon Go system, but this is probably obvious and I'm sure everyone has thought the same thing.
>>
>>376487446
Not enough updates, people got bored with it pretty fast. First real expansion came several months after the release. Also them being so assblasted about the sites that tracked the pokemons, and generally the app not working properly pretty often.
>>
>>376487628
Yeah bro I'll just carry around my switch in my pocket and go for a run
>>
>>376487628
el peruANO
>>
I dont know what game that is
>>
>>376487795
>he dont know the PERU is not the very of most powerfull race on the planet

Makes
Me Think

Wake up Americano
>>
>>376487446
Wasted potential. E.g. no trading, no battles with people you meet, battling in general sucked.
>>
>>376487936
>no trading
What the fuck where they thinking?

>>376487936
>no battles
What the fuck where they thinking?

Pretty much the story of Pokemon Go.
>>
File: 1492731976760.jpg (37KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1492731976760.jpg
37KB, 340x565px
Why no one plays anymore

>Huh, I wonder if theres any good Pokemon near by
>Pigey, Rattata
>Nope
>>
All that hype for fucking nothing.
>no real battle system
>seriously just copy and paste the pokemon battle system and catching system
>could have added the care system from the new games feed you pokemon macaroons or whatever you need to pay for
>no way to track your Pokemon
>no way to interact with them
>>
>>376487994
"Battling" in this game: you swipe your screen left, then right, then tap the shit out of your opponent

real innovation right here
>>
>>376488091
Getting almost everything right then right before launch they were like oh shit we forgot to add a game
>>
>>376487446
Had a chance to regain a lot of people with the addition of Gen II Pokemon

Wasted that chance by first making baby Pokemon available in eggs, thus ruining the entire fucking surprise and generating 0 interest

Also removed ingame tracking, then went out of their way to shut down third party tracking sites
>>
Niantic obviously didn't want the game to overshadow the actual Pokemon games so they just made this game more about going outside and exercising than having an actual Pokemon experience. Even if they plan to add trainer battles and trading later, it's kinda too late for that.
>>
After the appeal of Pokeyman on your phone ran out, people realized there's next to no depth to the app aside "walk around and swipe up"

Also can I just say fuck this game for tricking people into thinking walking for less than a half hour is adequate exercise for people in their late teens and early twenties
>>
Top kek. I called it.
>NINTENDO IS BACK BABY GO IS DOUBLING THEIR STOCK AND ITS MAINSTREAM AS FUCK
>You're aware this is just a mobile fad like angry birds, in another month...
>SHUT UP SONY COCKSUCKER NINTENDOMINATION
Calling it now, Switch will be the same.
>>
>>376488267
>Also removed in game tracking
They removed the shitty launch version and replaced it with something that actually works and tells you exactly where the Pokemon is on the gps
>>
>>376488267
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to remove tracking? Shit was one of the only semi-working features.
>>
>>376488510
Too fucking little too late. They had their chance and blew everything.
>>
Nintendo never wanted this to be that big, not that they're complaining or anything. But the thing is, smartphone games don't make that much money. Smart phone garbage can make people rich because it's one or a few people making it. So it brings in 10 million dollars but if you have 3 people working on it that's amazing, but when you're a company as large as Nintendo it's pocket change. Nintendo makes these shitty smart phone games now to advertise their real games, which they charge $40-60 for. They don't want you playing Pokemon Go forever. They want you to play Pokemon go for a few days and go buy a real Pokemon game where they make $30 in profit from each purchase. People say they should have made it a good game by adding trading/battling/etc. but if they did that, people would be satisfied with the free smartphone garbage and wouldn't spend $40 on Pokemon Sun and Moon.
>>
I started playing fairly early on and was already getting beat by people who had just played the game longer. The game is also fucked in your area if there aren't balanced teams.
>>
Have "any" of the Nintendo apps maintained high popularity for at least 6 months? Super Mario Run obviously blew it's load too early because Nintendo was dumb enough to charge $10 for it and kept it exclusive to iPhone for a while. As for miitomo, I haven't seen a thread on it since last year
>>
Niantic was a mistake
>>
>>376488803
I spent $0 on Sun and Moon by pirating.
>>
>>376488803
>smartphone games don't make that much money
Cygames and that Fate mobage would beg to differ.
>>
What made Pokemon innovative back in the 90s was two things: multiplayer trading and multiplayer battling. This game has neither of those things. Trading is nonexistent, battling is incredibly shallow, you can't really level up your Pokemon and customise their moveset, most of the Pokemon that people will encounter are shitmons (so unless you go for a long walk in a big city every single day or you spoof, you'll hardly fill up your Pokedex), there's little actual gameplay outside of swiping the screen ever so often.

Having said that, the game is still pretty successful in terms of turning over a profit. And it's not like it overshadows the main Pokemon games. If anything, it makes people want to try out a real Pokemon game more, which is suggested by Sun/Moon being the fastest selling Pokemon games ever.
>>
>>376488889
So 2 games are successful on mobile? And you think this is a good business model Nintendo should be aiming for?
>>
>>376487446
The first update they made removed content instead of actually adding anything.

Shit, they could have just made some pointless faction-war system thing between the three teams to take advantage of the Valor-Mystic-Instinct memes.
>>
>>376487446
>Sparse updates
>got butthurt over tracking sites when the in-game system was shit
>the insane grinding needed to improve/level up your pokemon
>Evolving can absolutely ruin your pokemon if they get a shit moveset
>>
>>376488860
Nintendo isn't even the first one to make a Mario themed run app for phones, I've seen fangames with the same concept made in Java back when flip phones were still popular.
>>
>>376488803
True.

To Nintey, smartphone games are the new TV commercials in lou of Cartoon shows and cereal boxes. It's advertising that pays for itself.
>>
>>376489020
Not him but every one of cygames' mobages is successful and I can think of five from them alone, three of which are consistently in the top 10 list for how much money they rake in per week/month.
>>
>>376488874
You're in the minority.

and you still bought a system, fag. I bet you own other Pokémon merch too.
>>
>>376489020
>2 games
How new are you? The Fate mobage prints millions and Cygames produces Granblue and Shadowverse. The make so much money because all they have to do is code some gatcha and let the weeb bucks roll in. I pay $40 for the new Pokemon game, but people spend upwards of thousands on rolling a random number generator.
>>
>>376489194
I pirated my 3DS
>>
>>376487446
game was fucking broken the first 2 weeks than became unplayable for a month.

didint help that the battle system was trash and people cheated.
>>
>>376487446
Neo Shitendo making casualcuck normalfaggot phone games. Shitendo is fucking dead, and the saddest thing is the Fisher Price underage toddler force has infested this place so deeply that the normalfaggots were spamming their shitty phone game.
>>
File: 1417221745601.jpg (51KB, 606x540px) Image search: [Google]
1417221745601.jpg
51KB, 606x540px
>5km for one fucking candy
>pokemon needs 100 candies to evolve and you only got it from an egg during the event because theres no other spawns for it in your state
>>
>>376489147
>>376489218
Shitoddlet faggot cucks jerking off phone games now

This website is fucking done
>>
I miss the month when Pokemon GO came out

Everyone seemed happy for a while
>>
>>376489395
>pointing out facts
>waah stop shilling
>>
>>376488505

It could have been amazing, but, as other people have pointed out, the team taht was in charge of the game shat the bed horribly hard.

Every single fucking update they fucked the players more and more, taking away good features for no reason and not adding stuff on time.
>oh shit the amount of players is dropping, what do we do? release new pokemons, quality of life stuff, a good update?
>lmao just remove things that people already like, and don't forget about wasting time fucking the pokemon trackers that keep people interested

They had a huge chance and blew it. The switch on the other hand is only getting bigger as time goes by, considering it launched nowhere near a big date like start of summer or christmas, its only gonna get bigger.
>>
>>376489395
>state objective facts that cygames is rolling in money
>hurr nintengaf
>>
>>376489431
It was the one time in the past year I could recall people giving a shit about something that wasn't political
>>
>>376487446
I saw like a 50 year old businessman playing it on the bus the other day.
>>
>>376489489
Yeah, it was also a breath of fresh air in that regard too
>>
>>376488860

Pokemon shuffle was released in 2015 and it has always had the same healthy amount of people playing it. Literally every single week we get a new update with new pokemons and other cool shit.
>>
>>376489394
just pay them real Money goy- i mean, poorfag.
>>
>>376489194
>and you still bought a system
Like that even matters. Buying the system alone only returns like a small fraction of the money Nintendo spent to make and distribute the hardware, they have to make software sales too to break even.
>>
>>376487446
Get the fuck back to VP piece of garbage shits
>>
>>376489582
real money doesnt guarantee spawns OR more candy
>>
>>376489467
Yeah, your post reminds me of the responses when I said Go would die quickly.
>>
>>376489431
Fucking this. You would drive around and see people actively carpooling just to play the game. Pulling into places, running out to catch the pokemon and grab the pokeshit from the pokestop

It really was a phenomenon that you just don't see much anymore in this day and age.
>>
/v/ truly doesn't understand video games if they think using the battle system from the main games is an even remotely good idea for a mobile game designed for old people and 19 year old "gamer" girls
>>
>>376489660
than give them MORE Money.
>>
>>376489529
>>376489489
>>376489431
It truly was a magical moment. For the briefest moment, everyone felt that childlike wonder of exploring. It really was nice to see everyone out and about, it even made my small town seems livelier.
>>
>>376487446
>10 million active users
Meh
>>
>>376487446
It was bad, just like every other smartphone game
>>
>>376487446
I work at a gas station at this one guy pushes his kid around in a stroller all day playing it. Apart from that, nobody fucking plays this shit
>>
>>376489683
>>376489726
Those truly were magical moments
>>
>>376487446
Cheaters. Almost immediately after the game came out. Nobody doing actual legwork could compete with people faking their gps data from their couch.
>>
>>376489675

Well things are not the same this time, because niantic is a small company, while nintendo is fucking huge and knows how to handle their audiance. Anyway, it's not like I can stop you from wanting for things to fail just so you can laugh and make threads on /v/ about it.
>>
>>376489726
Same. The downtown area where I live was always filled with people trying to find anything.
I was going out almost every night with a different group of friends playing it.
Sucks that Niantic couldn't do a good update to save their life.
>>
>>376487446
It just fucking clicked with some people, the players that are left seem extremely committed now

My roommate still plays this religious - literally constantly even when we're just watching TV he'll be looking at maps and IVs and whatnot. Some people are just hooked, and it's pretty sad. Maybe it's something to do with him being a chef, all of the other chefs in his kitchen also play - if it wasn't for Pokemon GO I don't know if anyone there would actually even go to work.

There's nothing particularly wrong with it though, I always try and tell him they're not even real Pokemon - they can't battle or learn moves and you can't really interact with them in anyway, he's literally paying lots of time and money to collect pictures of Pokemon, but at the end of the day the differences between GO and 'actual' Pokemon is precisely the shit that normies don't give a shit about in video games.
>>
>live in a small town
>one Pokestop and one gym
>as soon as take the gym, it immediately gets taken back
Fuck this game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzbTSkASoDU
>>
>>376490025
That sounds pretty cool actually, at least you could definitely say you were the best trainer in your town or something if you managed to hold a gym.

I live in a big city, and part of the reason I have no drive to play is that there's really no practical way of earning any sort of bragging rights, all the thousands of gyms are Asian students and the like who you just can't compete with in terms of free time or dedication
>>
>>376490015
One of the best things to do in Pokemon, at least back when I was a kid, was show off the best thing you have, which Pokemon Go definitely let you do more than the video games.
I had a good time putting my Lapras and Dragonite in gyms just to flaunt them
>>
>>376490118
a little too late. like always.
>>
>got a newer chink phone looking forward to Pokemon GO and Fire Emblem Heroes
>find out both games are blocked based off my phone's nonstock version of android that I have to use to remove pre-loaded adware

sucks cause I still wanna play GO from time to time.
>>
>>376489726
>>376489683
>>376489431
>>376489926
>>376489489

The worst part.

The worst part about all of this is not the end of the childlike wonder that we have lost for the 2nd time.

No, the worst part is that the said magical influence can never be reproduced again. Pokemon was the only one that could have made the magic happen, and they did, but then they fucked it up. Fucked it up to the point where it killed off the interest in the event as fast as it gained popularity.

It just can't be replicated again. Since it couldn't hold interest to the people, the next time sometime like this rolls around, even if it was officially by gamefreak, everyone is just going to pass it up as Pokemon GO 2: The Electric Boogaloo.

Maybe it will attract some fans but it will never ever again be the same as the first time.
>>
I usually play it on the way to class. Every so often my buddy and I go Pokemon hunting on the weekend.
It's a fun time killer to mess around with on the bus or on long distance campus trips.

I am worried about cheaters though. Can they take gyms? There are a few gyms on campus and me and my friend tried to take a bunch and rack up rewards one weekend, we got to the second gym and the first got taken back. It was like 10:30 pm and we didn't see anyone around where the other gym was...
>>
>>376490015
why is people having fun in their own way a bad/sad thing? Don't be that guy
>>
>make a game for normies
>they love it for a while, then lose attention
Huh, really makes you think.
>>
>>376490742
It wasn't a short attention span that killed it.
Constantly making the game worse with each update did that
>>
>>376489452
>>376489469
Reddit
>>
>>376490431
Definitely don't want to be that guy man, but when I see my friends making huge investments in these things I can't help but to mention it sometimes, more in an inquisitive way though I mean to understand his intentions rather than talk him out of it.

Are they even supporting GO regularly? I mean it just seems like there will be GO 2.0 soon enough and I doubt all of the money and time invested in the first one will be relevant
>>
>>376491143
he's having fun with a game he likes, and you're complaining about someone having fun playing a game they like. Who is making the worse investment? To each his own
>>
It was the flavor of the month app, that's it, nothing more.
>>
>>376488803
You obviously have no idea how the smartphone game market works, companies like DeNA and Cygames make a retarded amount of money off of shit like this over in japan, microtransaction garbage works when you do it right.
Nintendo's ethics about games are holding them back from joining those others, they talk a lot about how they don't like the techniques that smartphone games use to squeeze money out of people and as a result their games are somewhat more playable than your average smartphone game, but not nearly as profitable.
What you said about them being a huge company is also true to an extent, but you have to understand that if the profits were just "pocket change" for them then they wouldn't have felt the need to start making games for smartphones in the first place.
>>
>>376487446
From what I understand, Niantic just kept fucking around.
>>
>>376491053
The person that posted this is a dumbass.

Lay off the buzzword juice and use your brain to critical think your way out of the basement, forum dwelling slime.
>>
>>376487446
Loads of people still play it and it still gets little updates. Beyond me why people play it over other mobile games but whatever.
>>
>>376487446
Yeah, a few million people in the US alone still play it regularly. Just because you have no idea how launch of any software or hardware works, and that after some time there's a drop, leaving the core player base around, doesn't mean it was a failure. Did you really expect that 25 million people in US would still be playing it a year later?
>>
I'm still mad about those team leaders. How do you fuck up a design that badly?
>>
>>376488059
>>seriously just copy and paste the pokemon battle system and catching system
And make the core Pokemon games obsolete? Are you a fucking idiot? What company would do that? It's obvious you get stupified shit on moviles - GO has little to do with Pokemon games, Mario Run is gimped and simplified Mario, and Fire Emblem is easy as fuck. you really thought mobiles would ever get a full experience of any kind?
>>
>>376487446
Lets make a game that is like playing Pokemon in real life!

We'll walk around
We'll throw pokeballs at pokemon.
We'll recharge at pokestops.
And have gym battles.

Yay I'm going to hiking with friends and get pokemon.

Oh but wait.
My battery is dead as shit.
I can't find any pokemon in the wilderness only in cities next to muggers.
Fuck the finding system got removed.
Fuck its better to sit at stops and be bored on your phone.
Fuck there are no pokemon left to get that aren't luck.
Fuck gym battles are just tapping and the items take up space I need for pokeballs.
Fuck there are no stops outside of cities I have to drive through.
Fuck the speed limit on the game keeps me from getting them while we drive.

Yea we wanted a game to go hiking and exploring and feel like Ash and crew. We got a sit a burger joint by three stops until you run out of common shit worth catching sim. It would still pass if they hadn't fucked the tracking so hard in the ass it made it unfun to play.
>>
>>376489431
>summertime so buddies were back from college
>use to go out together in the middle of the night in town on the weekends
>had a blast bantering with the other people who were also out playing
>shouting across the street as we shit on Instinctfags

It's coming up on 1 year already since it came out. Where did that time go
>>
>>376489686
For stuff like the Fire Emblem mobage it works, but Pokemon Go is pretty much directed at oldfags that threw Mewtwos at each other, so adding complexity to the battle system would be suicide.
>>
>>376487446
>pokemon go
>game

Pick one.
>>
I still see people regularly playing this at my school and at the shopping plaza by my house, especially when new events are going on.
Yeah it isnt the same as when it first came out, but plenty still play it.
>>
File: time_pepe.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
time_pepe.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>>376493430
It feels fucking bad Anon

>tfw you will never experience that magic ever again
>>
>pokemon go had a direct hand in many deaths, almost all of them from people who were 20 years old and younger

think about it why dont you
>>
game makes roughly 2 million a week, with a dev team of ~70 people.
it's not dead, it's just not saturating normie culture anymore.
>>
>>376490369
yes, cheaters can take gyms. they just spoof their location and sit there character on gyms.

t. I did this myself.
>>
File: 01.png (439KB, 644x596px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
439KB, 644x596px
>>376487446
>What went so fucking wrong?

Everything
>>
>>376487446
Because it's not a main line game. So It needs to make money by selling items that quickins the experience
>>
>>376487446
How fucking hard is it to copy/paste the next generation's Pokemon assets, and throw in a few measly lines of code?

Fucking lazy ass cucks can't even get trading or battling down
>>
>>376487446
My mom does.
>>
>>376487446
Honestly, if there was battling and trading, I would play it. But the fact that it's been a year without these is so disappointing
>>
>>376487732
>>376487936
>>376488059
>>376488267
>>376489036
You all forgot to mention you can't play on buses or subways anymore
>>
>>376489194
Minority? millions of copies of Sun and Moon were pirated, most likely more than the amount of physical copies that exist
>>
>>376494074
My mom just started playing like 3 days ago
>>
>>376494328
Do people still play pokemon? Didn't it die like 10 years ago?
>>
>>376487446
I ran out of pokeballs
>>
>>376493360
This really disappointed me
I expected to be able to find super rare pokemon by going up into the mountains and shit
>>
File: lgfxcp393bkxatjf9mlb.gif (879KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
lgfxcp393bkxatjf9mlb.gif
879KB, 400x400px
>>376487446
>Does anyone still play this game anymore?

>Top 15 Free iOS

It's a roughly $100m game at that ranking,

Overwatch has 30m players and rising profits

CS:GO STILL makes a boatload of cash

DLC sales on the rise

What are YOU doing to save games /v/? Pirating?
>>
>>376493360
>>376494660
You get piss-poor GPS/data signal in the wilderness and a significant portion of open areas are privately owned. Having all the rare Pokemon there would make the game ten times shittier than it is now.
>>
this entire thread

>i don't play it so it must be dead.

couldn't be more wrong.
it's still funny to see everyone on 4chan thinks they know more about something than the creators do.
>>
>>376494328
sun and moon have sold like 15 million units.
As someone with a CFW 3DS I can definitely say that the amount of people who actually bother to hack their 3DS is very low, probably not more than 10,000 people total
>>
>>376488803
>smartphone games don't make that much money
You're literally retarded and living behind alpha centauri.
>>
>>376487446
I never really quit because my friends and I are kind of competative on having the best pokemon.
>>
>>376488505
haha top kek ebin anon you called the same thing we all did you fucking snowflake stop projecting
>>
>>376487628
>>376487795
Ancient Sectaposting itt
>>
>>376487446
New content came out too slowly.
>Mew, Mewtwo and legendary birds STILL can't be caught
Not only that but banning spoofers was pretty much the end of the hype. Following that they kept nerfing things making them more tedious than they already were.
>>
What the game needs is trading, P2P battling and the ability to transfer one-way to Pokemon Bank. Seeing as a significant number of Kanto Pokemon got Alola variants in Sun/Moon, it would have been a good opportunity to make people play Go (or buy RBY on the eShop or have an older gen Pokemon game) in order to get the original forms. I can take the fact that each Pokemon only has one move and you have to catch multiple Pokemon to evolve it. But those three things I mentioned at the start is what I feel the game is sorely lacking. Even local battling/trading would have been fine, it didn't have to be online trading since a GTS-like system would end up being a clusterfuck anyway.

Although the game is still making a shit ton of money. You could argue that the game had far more potential but I'm 99% certain that The Pokemon Company/Niantic don't regret making this game.
>>
>>376487446
They decided to block rooted phones.
>>
>>376494959
>I'm playing it so it must be alive
No, it's dead. The only people who care about it are faggots that won't let go of it.
>>
>Go to a park, no pokemon
>Go jogging on a nature trail, no pokemon
>Walk around my neighborhood, no pokemon
>Go to a mall
>Shit everywhere, 4 pokestops I can sit and leech
What a god awful design
>>
>>376495371
This is one of the major problems with it. It should reward you for going outside of towns/cities, but it's the opposite.
>>
>>376494779
That isn't my point. Its lacks the experience and it doesn't have to be ONLY wilderness, but right now it is ONLY city.

But having people in the suburbs fucked in the ass is pretty sad let alone people in rural areas
>>
All the problems have been mentioned but the game also drained a phone's battery like crazy which meant you had to carry a portable charger around with you
>>
>>376496251
This piece of shit game literally handicapped my battery. My 100% charge doesn't even last for 10 hours despite not using its wifi/gps features at all, where as it can last 3 days without re-charge pre-pokemon.
>>
>>376495284
you're living in a fantasy land

as of this april the game has 5 million active daily players (more than angry birds, candy crush, and clash royale), makes 2 million a day (again, more than candy crush, angry birds, and clash royale).

are those imaginary dollars? spent by imaginary people? my god, grow up.
>>
It's super repetitive. I played the game when it came out early on the Aus store before anyone else had it and got bored within a day.
I only picked it up again because a lot of my friends started playing it later and it was fun doing that shit with them but the game was just never that good.

Requiring an X amount of candies to evolve Pokemon was retarded. Would have been much more fun if you could actually train the Pokemon you have and evolve them normally when they reach the required level.
>>
File: 1359712542463.jpg (174KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1359712542463.jpg
174KB, 720x540px
>>376490118
>>
>>376496640
I wonder what the active player count was in it's first 3 months. It was pretty insane looking back, and I remember everyone knew each other was playing it, it was sort of an ice breaker where you could just talk to anyone.

Had great fun with the game on release, shame it went downhill. They just never updated it quick enough, they should have thrown everything they had on it such as Mewto and legendary birds to keep people interested, as well as adding some kind of dailies/weekly rewards.
>>
I STILL see people playing it here in California when I commute
>>
>>376490118
Simpsons has been anti-comedy for probably the past 20 years.
>>
File: 1494315943095.png (875KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494315943095.png
875KB, 1600x900px
>>376496640
>Being this mad someone said your children's game was dead
>my god, grow up
>>
>>376497145
>children's game
>specifically targeted at adults

don't pretend to be some other smug anon cos you can't face the facts.

>>376496830
dude it was crazy, they made roughly a billion in their first year.
they added gen 2 and have been having events and tweaks constantly, but those things never get press coverage cos the media decided it was dead.
but games media is a joke anyway.
>>
>>376487446
the second i saw that people were cheating i stopped playing. honestly, whats the point?

was pretty fun when everyone and their mom was doing this tho
>>
>>376497145
>damage control
>>
I wonder if that kid still plays Pokemon Go evuhriday.
>>
>>376487446
the company dropped the ball.

they didnt think to do more with it and the lack of anything at all resembling pokemon games made most people just go and BUY the original games or emulate it rather than continue to use that garbage.

literally my local game stores were sold out on pokemon games and handhelds of all types after the fallout of that game.

it had bottled lightning and those chucklefucks ended up making everyone leave to the real shit instead of continuing to use its knockoff.
>>
>>376497292
Not gonna lie, me and my mom (and dad) literally still play this shit.
>>
>>376493886
Thats pretty shitty
>>
I play pokemon go
every day

I play pokemon go

When I wake up
I'm grabbing my phone

I wanna catch em all

I wanna play
pokemon

all day long

all day long
>>
>>376497649
Go to bed Misha
>>
>>376487446
Wasted potential. I still play it occasionally since I move around town alot, but not much progress has been done to the game. Around my area, it's still pretty popular, but not alot of people actually talk about it anymore, because the company has been fucking slow to update anything. It's still a popular game overall, but it isn't as hyped as it was back in July 2016. The one year anniversary is in a couple months so we'll see what comes of it.
>>
>a mobileshit fad of the week game with little to no gameplay beyond being a mediocre AR finger swiping game used to collect data for google no longer being popular due to millenials moving onto something equally gay to obsess over

Gee, who would've thought
>>
>>376497568
why is (and dad) in brackets?
Do you not enjoy some family game times?
>>
>>376497919
He's not my real dad...
>>
>>376497956
Through the power of pokemon, he can become your real dad
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 336x188px
I have a rooted s7 edge so i can listen to youtube without having my screen on and this grinding garbage stopped working on rooted phones so it was an easy choice to just drop it completely
>>
File: 1486621208539.jpg (13KB, 394x417px) Image search: [Google]
1486621208539.jpg
13KB, 394x417px
>>376497267
>specifically targeted at adults

pokemon has never been targeted at adults, adults can still enjoy it yes but c,mon man.
>>
>>376498524
i understand what you mean, but Pokemon GO was more targeting adults, being that they're the demographic who can go wherever they want, spend money on the game, and have beefier smartphones.
i think the most popular demographic was early to mid twenties, but a more accurate target would be mid-late teens, as they don't have to pay rent.
>>
>>376494970
More than 10K for sure, especially due to all countries where buying software is just way too expensive or difficult, but yeah it's not that big definitely not in millions.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.