[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you follow guides or walkthroughs while playing vidya, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (14KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 298x169px
Do you follow guides or walkthroughs while playing vidya, /v/?
>>
Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?
>>
>>376485535
No.
And BS:Infinitshit is so railroaded that it is purely insulting at the notion of a guide being made for it.
>>
File: 1492427008106.jpg (72KB, 522x476px) Image search: [Google]
1492427008106.jpg
72KB, 522x476px
No, it's for faggots.
Especially with dark souls games.
>>
Only for games that I know I could never navigate competently on my own.
>>
Only on that level of hardness or cryptic shit like the tornado in simon's quest
>>
>>376485535
WAIT A MINUTE
>>
>>376485535
>Pleb tier:
-Following the entire game with a guide/walkthrough

>Medium tier:
Not looking up anything at all

>God tier:
Reading basic game mechanics and similar things. Only looking things up for permanent missables and truly cryptic secrets that you'd never find out in any other way

Prove me wrong
>>
i used to play through FF games with the guidebooks. didn't really like playing them without one even. but they have no journal and lots of stupid shit like that. its easy to take a break then come back with utterly no clue how to progress.

were FF games just badly designed?
>>
File: 1394257456660.jpg (67KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
1394257456660.jpg
67KB, 453x640px
>>376485535
literally every jrpg i have ever completed
>>
>>376486162
>Only looking things up for permanent missables and truly cryptic secrets that you'd never find out in any other way
But you would never know if a game has permanent missables unless you actively check a guide or happen to be on the forums when someone else is bitching about it. You're presenting this option as the 10% pleb tier when it's like 60$ or 70% pleb tier.

Medium tier is best tier.
>>
>>376487757
Or look up if there are missables in the game to begin with
>>
Only if there's bullshit in the game that you literally have only one chance to get or it's gone forever.

See: half of the key items in FFIX.
>>
>>376487757
Or just google "Game name missables" and find out the easy way before you even start the game so you know what not to miss which forces you to replay 60+ hours of a game all over again.
>>
File: 1474385890281.jpg (28KB, 280x392px) Image search: [Google]
1474385890281.jpg
28KB, 280x392px
>>376485535
I do for VNs because I'm tired of stumbling into bad ends every fucking time.
>>
I only use the wikis when I already finished the game or I'm close to finish it and there is shit I missed.
>>
File: 1493115153399.png (89KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1493115153399.png
89KB, 261x192px
>>376485535
Just for some games like Kamidori. Especially after I wasted like 20 hours getting the loli route then some more when I found out Aht had to be cleaned by chapter 5. FUCK
>>
>>376485535
I did it once for Phantom Hourglass on the DS
I felt so disappointed and unrewarded after finishing it that I never did it again.
>>
>>376487306

same here. No fucking shame
>>
Only when the challenge loses its lustre. If I feel I've exhausted all my ideas and I'm just running around shooting walls or whatever then I give up and look.

Most of the time I just missed a door that I thought was poor animation or something.
>>
i wonder what the guide for BS:I says when it goes over the bell/card puzzle in the beginning
>>
only games i check guide for are the souls, and only after i beat it to see what i missed
>>
Yes if im wasting too much time searching for the next route, recent playthroughs like DS2 and KH1 come to mind.
>>
Anyone played through Mass Effect Trilogy without a guide?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.