[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you get stuck here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Barrel.jpg (327KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Barrel.jpg
327KB, 640x480px
Did you get stuck here?
>>
>>376480082
unless that was part of the water escape then no.
I swear I lost almost all my playthroughs to freaking water.
then with knuckles I just flew over that section every time
>>
not at all

I always laugh thinking about the idiots who did though
>>
>>376480082
I'm not an idiot so no
>>
>>376480082
NO, NOBODY GOT FUCKING STUCK HERE. STOP FUCKING PRETENDING YOU RETARDS.

Seriously, I could understand maybe spending a few seconds here, or even a minute, but more than that and you're literally retarded. Even if you didn't know what to do, you'd just mash buttons and realize that when you push up or down, it moves.
Fuck, actually earlier in the stage there's also barrels that go up and down when you push the D-Pad, so it's not like they didn't give you some testing area either
>>
>>376480082
No, I played Sonic 2 instead.
>>
>>376480082
Yes. Fuck everyone in this thread.
>>
>>376480828
why her pants are full of blood?
>>
I did, I was around nine years old. If I was older, or cleverer for my age, I probably would have experimented more until I realized how to work it. As I recall though, here was the problem.

Up until that point in the game, there were no gimmicks that required you to press up or down to use them. More importantly, there was already a barrel you were required to use to reach this point; but that barrel could gain enough height to continue from by being jumped on. This is the big problem. What the player learns from that, is that to correctly use the barrels, you jump on them.

Now imagine a kid being locked in with that infamous barrel from OP's pic. What he already knows - what has already worked - is that jumping on the barrel makes it sink and rise somewhat, so that's what he does. But it never gains enough height. What is he doing wrong? Does he need to time his jumps a certain way? Is Tails fucking up the momentum, the way he jumps slightly after you? This never happened with that last barrel.

All he can do is compare it to a previous experience, which did work. Most child players wouldn't have the mindset to try approaching the barrel as if for the first time again. That would be like if he jumped on a flagpole in Mario, but it didn't end the level. What's up? Why isn't it working? The last flagpole worked when he jumped onto it. He's doing something wrong. It wouldn't occur to the kid to try doing some previously unused button input, which is suddenly what this flagpole requires. Even if it's a simple input, he's not going to do it because it will never occur to him.
>>
>>376480767
You're lying
>>
>>376480082
Literally all you had to do was fuck around with the D-pad and you would know that the barrel moves when you press up and down.
>>
I did time-out 1 life on it.
But I figured it out on my second life.
>>
When I first played the game a long-ass time ago, yes, I did get stuck here, but only for a couple minutes. I eventually noticed that mashing the dpad made the thingy move.
>>
>>376482429
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yf3qk0tx7eo
Skip to around 1:30, there's literally 2 barrels you have to push up and down to move.
I'm tired of you stupid kids with your short memory spans pretending like there was nothing else doing that in the game
>>
File: 1310059399278.png (32KB, 386x804px) Image search: [Google]
1310059399278.png
32KB, 386x804px
>That kid who insist he didn't get stuck despite never playing the game and knowing about it only via memes
>>
>>376482731

Both of those sections can be cleared far faster by just jumping on the thing and then jumping off at its peak.
>>
>>376482429

You're forgetting one important detail

There is no immediate feedback that up and down does anything. No sound, no visual cue, nothing. The effects of pressing up and down are only noticeable if you're going from a complete idle state.

But most people played the game with this little shit as their partner. Guess what this fucker did non-stop while you were trying to figure out the secrets of the barrel?

Jump on the fucking thing and negating anything you do.
>>
Yup
>>
File: 1469902674585.png (177KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1469902674585.png
177KB, 500x499px
>>376480082
Yes I did, it took me years to do, I beat Sonic 1 & 2 but couldn't do this. I only found out how to do it later since I randomly met some guy on Myspace and he told me about it in casual conversation long after I stopped playing the game.
>>
Ran out of time on all my lives my first time at the barrel with Tails.
Next time I played Sonic solo and got to the barrel, easily figured it out on my first life. As >>376483215 said Tails really hinders the player from learning the barrel properly due to his jumping all over the place.
>>
File: 463278543.jpg (133KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
463278543.jpg
133KB, 720x600px
No, because I actually read the game manual before I played the game.
>>
>>376482731

You are right, but I and many others did get stuck on the barrel in OP's pic. It's not a big conspiracy to trick you, and it's not fair to call us stupid or lying.

I can think of two possibilities to explain what you've shown me. One is that we used Tails to fly us up from those barrels you shown in the video, so we didn't need to use them at all. Another is that there may be another route through the level to reach the barrel in OP's pic, as multiple routes through a level is a part of the Sonic Genesis games.

Please accept that because of the circumstances that many players like me went through to reach that barrel, we were sure that it needed to be jumped upon to use. I think the explanation I came up as to why some children wouldn't think to press up or down makes sense. I remember dying from a time out and asking my mom for help, and she figured out to press up and down for me. This shouldn't hard for you to believe, and I wish you would stop being hostile.
>>
>>376483694

The only advice the manual gives is to reset your console

>>376483715

You can clear that area normally by jumping. Going up isn't the problem. You can gain all the height in the world simply by jumping.

It's going down that's the issue.
>>
>>376480082
Yep.
>>
I played this in 2005 and got stuck. I seriously believed the weird bob it does when you jump on it was the main way to control it.

It really is shitty design.
>>
>>376480082
Yes.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.