[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this shit still happening is anyone planning on playing it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 11

File: MetalGearSurvive.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MetalGearSurvive.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
Is this shit still happening is anyone planning on playing it?
>>
Is that the Big Shell or whatever it's called?

What's it doing in the desert? Or is the ocean a desert now?
>>
The concept of scavenging, salvaging, and building defenses against zombies sounds really cool. The idea of it being online-only and relying on coop from complete fucking idiots does not.

Hopefully they realize this game will sell like shit after being initially received fairly poorly upon it's reveal, and they add a singleplayer campaign.
>>
Why not? MGSV had great controls and mechanics for shooting, moving, and sneaking. No clue how they're going to turn it into a MP game or what kind of new systems will be there, but so long as I don't have to fulton a million god damn things to grind up the next +2 silencer, it'll probably be better than MGSV. I am reminded of a funny quote about Kojima:
>(about MGS4) The fans wanted Kojima to direct is industry-speak for the fans didn't want Kojima to not direct. The reason for this is straightforward: the people associate the name Hideo Kojima with Metal Gear Solid. To have one without the other is to defy their blind love. It'd be like asking them to eat a cake that isnt chocolate, or a chocolate that isn't cake.
Because when I think of MGS and Kojima, I think of MGS4 and PW (ass) and when I think of not-Kojima I think of Ghost Babel and Revengeance (fun).
>>
>>376472001
Nah, you know Ground Zeroes? Right after that a worm hole sucked up Mother Base (home base from Peace Walker) and spit it out in the desert. Now crystal headed zombies are out to kill the soldiers Big Boss recruited.

I shit you not that is the actual story we know so far, as much as it sounds and I wish it stayed a teenagers poor excuse for a creative writing class assignment.
>>
This isn't cancelled? I thought it was a joke by Konami to stick it to Kojima.
>>
It's Metal Gear Solid V gameplay with none of Kojima's influence for 30 dollars. I'm buying it, no question.
>>
>>376472001
Remnants of the original Mother Base from the attack pre-MGSV.
Story is kind of a weird meta what if scenario because there's some goofy portal shenanigans in the base game.

I never understood the hate the teaser got. Fox engine was gold and it's a crime it wouldn't be utilized otherwise.
I'd play it if it didn't turn out to be a pay to win cash grab.
>>
>>376471747
>people hated MGSV story, said its incomplete
>but the gameplay is the best in the series, makes up for the story in every single way
>Konami makes a game where the gameplay is the focus, and completely removes all the bad parts[story]
>people get mad because bandwagon hate is popular and "in"
Honestly, you cant please a vidya gamer, they ask for one thing, but when they get it they spit in your face and ask for another
>>
>>376472546
They complained because Metal Gear games aren't about the gameplay.
>>
why would someone want to play this?
>>
>>376472340
Wow. This my first time reading the premise.

Konami really doesn't give a fuck, do they? I guess. Go ahead and try to squeeze as much cash out of the engine.
>>
>>376472546
I loved the gameplay, but hated online mode.

Survive looks like it takes heavily from the online mode, which involved almost no stealth. It's shit.
>>
>>376471747
We have literally heard nothing since the disastrous reveal trailer. They definitely canned it.
>>
Will pirate it.
>>
>>376472340
I kind of like the concept, honestly.
>>
>>376472353

Nope and the gameplay from Gamescom(?) was rough as hell. The AI wasn't implemented from what I saw.
>>
File: 1494284389930.jpg (107KB, 235x452px) Image search: [Google]
1494284389930.jpg
107KB, 235x452px
>>376471747
I hope Konami takes their heads out of their asses and cans this project. Should have just been some add on for MGO
>>
>>376473619
There was a video showing gameplay after the reveal trailer.

But yes, it was a damn long time ago and we never heard of the game again.
>>
I plan to just get really drunk and play it with my friend and a couple randoms online. I have incredibly low expectations
>>
>>376472164
They wont add anything m8
>>
>>376472294
Reveangance is honestly one of the worst games from Platinum. Its extremely shallow, the only ones they've made that are more shallow are the licensed shit like TMNT and Korra. Bayonetta 1 and 2, Vanquish, and the Wonderful 101 are all way better.
I think MGR is just popular because of memes, being attached to MGS, and the fact that PCfats can't really play the other platinum games (except for bayo recently)
>>
>>376474230
They can also play NieR since day 1, and Vanquish is rumored to release this month on Steam.
>>
>>376474391
it's still all very recent, most PC guys have only played MGR out of them
>>
>>376474391
>this month
source
>>
>>376471747
If it's fully playable offline, I'll get it. TPP was crap, but the gameplay was amazing. So a game not focused on story, means I won't get booty blasted.
>>
>>376474230
>m-muh pcbro

Hola reddito
>>
>>376474748
https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/861596714221916161
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/861959302768189440

2017 and 05 (May)
>>
>>376472294
>Ghost Babel over MGS4
Peace Walker was great as a PSP game and would've been the GOAT Vita game. This discrediting Kojima meme needs to end
>>
>>376471747
When it changes from MGSV footage to the new footage in Survive in the trailer, it looks like a PS1 game going from pre-rendered cutscene to in game graphics. Then, in the gameplay demonstration everything that wasn't ripped directly from MGSV looks janky and shit. My favourite example is when the player swings a melee weapon and just slides forward without moving their feet and the melee weapon hits the enemy without actually hitting it. It's a level of laziness and "good enough" mentality that makes it look more like an Ubisoft game. I hope it gets cancelled.
>>
>>376472546
I like the gameplay, but if they wanted to use the Fox engine to make a tactical Left 4 Dead they should've just used a different name and not associated it with Metal Gear. I mean if it's got nothing to do with the plot is should at least be able to play as known characters like Big Boss or Ocelot, fuck make it characters from all of the MG universe
>>
>>376473707
>Mulitplayer only game
>Will pirate

I don't think you know how these things work.
>>
>>376472164
>sounds really cool
No it doesn't, it sounds like the same garbage all zombie games of the past 7 years have done.
>>
>>376472546
>but the gameplay is the best in the series, makes up for the story in every single way
Nope. Didn't make up for shit. 4's was better, what little there was.
>>
>>376472164
>The concept of scavenging, salvaging, and building defenses against zombies sounds really cool.
The hundreds of Steam greenlight survival games haven't made you sick of it by now?
>>
>>376472359
Ah yes, MGSV gameplay, so it's going to be a completely empty open world with repetitive missions, and on top of that, no story whatsoever.
I'll be here to see this flop hard and laugh at MGS' pathetic demise.
>>
>>376474802
MGR really wasn't that great, and I bought the big ass box edition for PS3 at launch. None of the boss fights are interesting aside from Monsoon and even that was kind of lame and full of QTEs. Certainly not shit but nowhere near Bayonetta or Vanquish's level
>>
>>376472164
Oh boy, MGS is now an Early Access Survival game.
Seriously, what is Konami trying to do, make MGSV look good?
>>
>>376475336
>4's was better, what little there was.
Threat ring automatically discredits that.
>>
File: 1487868271722.png (2MB, 1696x890px) Image search: [Google]
1487868271722.png
2MB, 1696x890px
>>376475140
This.
It's hilarious the difference in polish from the MGSV animations, and shit like the machete.

Also
>game is set right after GZ
>the boxes they drop you have DD logo
>>
I hope it's not cancelled. Im literally excited about it. No meme
>>
>>376472294
>I think of MGS4 and PW (ass) and when I think of not-Kojima I think of Ghost Babel and Revengeance (fun)
They way you worded this makes you sound like a redditor.
Also, Ghost Babel is trash that, of course, only contrarians in /v/ even remember it exists.

This entire franchise is worthless and it's demise is going to be the first good thing it does.
>>
>>376471747
I am not. After five I'm done. Fool me once.
>>
>MGSV comes out
>it's a boring piece of shit
>replace enemies with zombies
>reuse everything else
>somehow it'll stop being a boring piece of shit according to some autists
>>
>>376475078
The hardware would not have saved the game. I had the pleasure of playing the HD version so I didn't have to deal with an awful control scheme or dreadful performance, but the core design is bad. Running through the same areas over and over sticking people up with a gun while sprinting in the sneaking suit gets boring so fast. Bullet sponge bossfights are braindead and tedious and become downright stupid when you want to do nonlethal routes which involve tranquilizing fifty people in a tiny box. And the plot's a sham fanfiction.

>>376475632
Thanks for posting.
>>
>>376472694
Metal gea has always had gameplay. It was the lack of 30 minute cutscenes that I missed.and that is why 5 was complete and utter trash.
>>
File: 1479857939652.jpg (39KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1479857939652.jpg
39KB, 680x510px
>you lived to see MGS die
>you lived to see Mass Effect die
>you lived to see KOTOR die
>you lived to see Deus Ex die
Best timeline.
>>
>>376475373
>bayo/vanquish

>not chockfull of boss qte

Fuck off anon, MGR's praise is well deserved. Maybe the original price tag was a little too much but certainly not the current one.
>>
>>376475852
MGSV isn't a boring piece of shit, it only becomes one. Honestly if I could travel back in time and tell my slightly younger self to just play through the story without side missions instead of sperging over the platinum trophy in would totally do it. It's a good core but the open world loses so much when you traverse it 100 times.
>>
>>376475852
>IT'S FUN WITH FRIENDS, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!?
>>
>>376473102
They're already using it on their shitty soccer games.
>>
>>376471747
i just hope it's not gonna be like rust or ark or any of that shit
>>
>>376475869
>The hardware would not have saved the game
The second stick would've helped the game massively, not the hardware. Sorry, I didn't make that clear in my post. The areas could've definitely been bigger though.

But then again, I'm a fan of Meme Hunter so I could've liked PW for the wrong reasons because my tedium threshold is definitely pretty high
>>
>>376475989
>entire game depends on zandatsu to not completely fall apart and be a legitimately bad videogame
>parrying and QTE simulator
>4 hours long
>>
>>376475632
>Also, Ghost Babel is trash

A weapon to surpass bait.
>>
>>376476175
Oh do tell, why is it so good?
The completely obsolete arcade machine-tier gameplay?
The plot that feels like The Force Awakens of the franchise?
>>
Yeah, I'll dink around and kick not-zombies in the FOX engine for thirty bucks. Why not?
>>
>>376475989
>>not chockfull of boss qte
Vanquish QTE is just mashing one button, even games that shit all over MGR like Ninja Gaiden have that. MGR has multi sequence QTEs and Zandatsu QTEs which is far worse than what Vanquish does
>>
>>376471747
I hate to group myself with the mentally ill schizophrenics like that FIB retard or #neverbegameover or whatever...
But this game getting literally 0 news since it was announced has made me feel like maybe it is just a ruse?

probably definitely not, but fuck I have a feeling this game is probably never getting released
>>
>>376476136
Controllers are hardware too
>>
>>376475226
Did they say it was multiplayer only or will it have some sort of basic AI?
>>
>>376476329
No, it's just Konami has literally no idea how to sell it.
>>
>>376476250
Oh yeah, MGSV's boringness, empty open world and repetitive missions but now with even dumber enemies.
God, I love the FOX ENGINEâ„¢.
>>
>>376476250
When all you have to praise about a game is an engine that only stood out for not running like trash, I know it's not even worth a pirate.
>>
a little insight to the anon's not really paying attention to Konami, and how this game happend (if it ever actually 'happens')

they've lost all their talent, no, not an exaggeration, Konami has lost ALL of it, the company is completely and hilariously tied up with the Yakuza and has bled every last person who mattered from the company.

they have no idea what to do next with a real game now, they just make Pachinko machines at the Yakuza's behest and that is the extent of Konami now.

I never would have imagined a company with so many great franchises dying like this from japan, its very "western" but with a big ole heaping helping of the Nip-Mob.

you'll never see Silent Hill again, not even in the "Silent Hill featuring Korn" way, you'll never see Metal Gear or any of the others in that same fashion.

oh they'll live on, but you'll beg for their deaths.
>>
>>376472535
>>376472001
>>376472340
>>376473102
>>376474790
You guys must have missed the kicker in this whole thing. People have already guessed the ""deep"" story that this game is going to have. The sky has shit like fish and whales swimming around in it and the games narrated by the voice of zero (or maybe it was the colnel? i forgot but one of them) so basically the big "twist" if you would call it that, is you're playing as the dead motherbase soldiers in some kind of limbo/purgatory/alternate reality land at the bottom of the ocean (where the ground zeroes base is sitting after it gets blown to shit).

Game gets a reveal and we already know the ""deepest"" elements of the story. fucking lol.
>>
this shit was supposed to be released in march, what happened?
>>
>>376476139
Well, you have more than a bunch of chapters to S rank on any major difficulty, along with the vr missions it's pretty much the meat of the game, cutting up limbs and zandatsuing increase the battle rank and make you more likely to survive, also the great animation always keeps it fresh.

You cannot counter parry everything and parrying galore on very hard/revengeance is not recommended.

QTEs not related to executions or boss battles are only relegated to fuck ups, so if you're bad at the game you're granted QTEs so you can complain about them.

What I wanted to say is, did you ever come close to completing all the game had to offer to call it shallow?
>>
>>376476760
I don't care about the story m8.
Just willing to play it if it's decent.
>>
>>376476760
Zero's the brit, if that helps.
>>
>>376476817
The devs forgot about the game too.
>>
>>376476707
Any source to this Yakuza shit? Sounds like bullshit but I believe it.
>>
>>376474230
>Reveangance is honestly one of the worst games from Platinum
> Bayonetta are all way better

lmao no. Bayonetta is a shallow DMC clone done worse.

I'll give you Rising isn't amazing, but it's far better than Kamiya's outputs post Capcom.
>>
>>376476242
>The completely obsolete arcade machine-tier gameplay?

Please explain your babbling, it's basically MG2 on the go and it's amazing for a GBC game.

>The plot that feels like The Force Awakens of the franchise?

You mean like every what if entry in the series?
>>
>>376476914
Highest combo is a large factor in overall score

Game doesn't have a combo system like DMC or Bayo so you have to spam moves like Zandatsu or Beyblade.

It's a shit system and MGR dick riders are fucking retarded. It's like half a step above Lollipop Chainsaw, and even that game had way better writing.
>>
>>376471747
I would but I have exams tomorrow
>>
File: download (3).jpg (16KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
16KB, 200x193px
>>376477243
Giorno? is that you?

and its "well known" over there, the Yakuza is far more dug into legitmate businesses than Western Organized Crime.

any company that suddenly starts making a ton of Pachinko machines is the big red flag.

also bleeding all their other studios gives it away, they wouldn't have ejected Kojima for nothing.
>>
>>376471747
Probably. It depends on how much is put into the game.
>>
>>376476307
>Vanquish QTE is just mashing one button

Refresh your memory, Vanquish also had tons of multi sequence "dodging" QTE and even timed bayo shit like the Viper grab finisher. MGR QTEs aren't ever intrusive or not fun.
>>
>/v/ still doesn't understand the story of MGSV

FOX and XOF are the same organization, there's your first hint faggots.
>>
File: 1493237254493.jpg (31KB, 480x436px) Image search: [Google]
1493237254493.jpg
31KB, 480x436px
>>376471747
Konami has to recover the Fox engine dev costs somehow after Kojima blew $20m on it.
>>
>>376472546
TPP is utter shit. Get your head checked.
>>
>>376477809
almost feels like Kojima spent so much on it because he saw the writing on the wall and had his last little fuck you to the company.
>>
>>376477516
You know, I had DS3 come out when I was in my last year. Fuck it, bellcurve my man. Bellcurve.
>>
>>376477421
>Game doesn't have a combo system like DMC or Bayo so you have to spam moves like Zandatsu or Beyblade.

That's just cheesing it. You're supposed to stop finishers by resuming the light attacks (which are unlimited) and only use finishers when you're ready to cut because finishers grant super slow blade mode. If you're having problems keeping up combos because people die you can use the weakened wooden sword and then enter ripper mode to instacamo enemies.

Low time + big combo + no damage + no kills = S rank.
>>
>>376477979
The guy was perpetually behind schedule and over budget. Konami having to sell a tech demo spoke volumes about what was going on behind the scenes.
>>
>>376477809
IDK what your going on about.
They use it in every fucking game they put out. even PES and the pachinko machines use it
>>
>>376471747
I hope no one buys it so Konami gets the message
>>
This game is like the billion of the zombie survival early access games on steam

Except we know the gameplay isn't shit because they're ripping off MGSV

I;m down
>>
>>376478265
Pretty sure it would be more cost effective to just use prerendered stuff for pachinko machines.
>>
>>376478404
HIT THE FUCKING LEVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMK-kajdgMA
>>
>>376478568
why was it that link? the fuck

THIS is the HIT THE LEVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffqre27h_0c
>>
>>376477979
>almost feels like Kojima spent so much on it because he saw the writing on the wall

Maybe if he didn't waste time and money the writing wouldn't be on the wall in the first place
>>
>>376478762
Konami was already completed fucked before anything with TPP started, learn some history.
>>
>>376478762
oh he'd have been cut no matter what, Konami wanted to move to Pachinko machines no matter what.
>>
I actually liked MGSV
>>
>>376479061
I'm loving it so far. I just beat the mission where you destroy the walker gears.
>>
>>376472164
I know it's a meme but honestly if this wasn't called Metal Gear I would probably be more interested for the reasons you stated
>>
File: Survive.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Survive.webm
3MB, 720x405px
Such riveting combat.
>>
>>376479684
Yeah that was a fun mission, you can climb to the top of the mill above them and drop grenades to make it easier.
>>
>>376476923
You are the cancer killing games
>>
Mark my words, this game will be better than MGSV, Kojima is a certified hack.
>>
>>376479684
>>376480335
its good shit, the first time you do it. then you realise theres about 50 missions, 40 of them are fetch quests of soliders or walker gears or tanks, and your gonna repeat them

5 times
>>
>>376475970
>>you lived to see Deus Ex die
I haven't been following the series much. Was Mankind Divided bad?
>>
MGS3 > NINJA VR MISSION > TANKER > MGS1 > PHANTOM PAIN > MIDDLE EAST 4 > PW > GROUND ZEROES > BIG SHELL > REST OF MGS4 > VR MISSIONS PS1 > VR MISSIONS MGS2
>>
SHE DIDNT DIE FOR THIS
>>
>>376480947
>t. Konami
>>
>>376472001
>meant to be the wreckage of Peace Walker's Mother Base
>Konami just uses the assets of MGSV's Mother Base even though it looks completely different from Peace Walker's
>>
>>376477809
Konami already posted record high profits in 2016. They dont need to "recover" from anything, that MGS3 Pachislot is a goldmine.
>>
>>376482446
thats bad but thats nothing compared to the fact that the game takes place in ARFGHAISTAN. can we please leave this shithole? id rather play in antarctica than the same old sandy toilet.
>>
>>376482617
Dont worry, there will probably also be an Africa map to play in too.
>>
>>376475970
andromeda unfortunately sold better than ever other ME game except me3. Andromeda will get a trilogy. Calling it now.
>>
>>376481871
You still have more Metal Gear to play if that's all you're rating, my man
You missed Metal Gear (actually go ahead and skip the original MG), Metal Gear 2, Ghost Babel, Portable Ops and Metal Gear Rising
I'm gonna get shit for this but you can probably skip the acid games unless you really like Solid Snake
>>
>>376471747
no, konami, fuck off
>>
>>376482984
i'm playing ghost babel right now, just passed the cardboard box / conveyer belts.
>>
>>376483237
Oh shit, I actually forgot about that part. I must have blocked it from my memory
>>
>>376483290
yeah it was traumatic when i thought i finally beat it and realized i needed to go back to find some thermals to get through the next area
>>
>>376476760
So? People have been guessing that Venom is Medic since the first trailer, looks like Konami's writers aren't much worse than Kojimbles
>>
>>376477552
You're being overly dramatic. Companies make pachinko because it sells well.
>>
>>376476760
To be honest, that sounds kind of cool and an interesting concept to explore. The sense of loss (or something like that) I wanted from MGS V. I know it is going to be bad though from the preview video's though, where it is literally recycled terrain from Afghanistan. It just seems lazy, when there is so much more you could explore and do. Whatever.

It doesn't have to be Kojima, but I'd feel better if it had someone at the helm who seemed like they gave a shit. (Though Kojima was slipping pretty bad at the end, so whatever).
>>
>>376478762
This is Konami though
>>
>>376482446
>tfw MGSVE is our only chance to actually walk around PW's Mother Base
>>
>>376484078
It's hard to say how much kojima was slipping. Most of chapter 2 doesn't seem finished and I don't doubt there was tons of touching up of they were gonna do on the entire game after it was all done.
I don't doubt he mismanaged his funds though. 5 years is too fucking long for how unfinished the game is
>>
>>376482984
I don't think you'd get shit for that. Any time I tell anyone I like the acid games they mock me, think those are hated even more than before now because kojima made fun of them in gz
>>
File: 1490218355266.png (497KB, 996x689px) Image search: [Google]
1490218355266.png
497KB, 996x689px
>>376472546
>but the gameplay is the best in the series
No. It had the best controls in the series, but gameplay was awful.
>>
>>376485379
Ehh, i don't think I agree. Outside of 3 and 4 the gameplay isn't as fun as people pretend. 1 is linear hallways with retardedly easy enemies to avoid, bad shooting that relies on off screen auto aim, and one or two enemies per room. Go and replay the Tower chase, that shit is awful.

2 you can make an argument for, but it's a lot of the same desu. 3 is where you got the mini sandbox gameplay and the freedom to really fuck with enemies and do as you please, and 4 did too.

V offers a lot of that as well and I can see why people say they love the gameplay.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.