[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate this game so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: overwatch-ed.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-ed.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
Why does /v/ hate this game so much?
>>
>team based game where nobody knows what the fuck to do
>hero based game where half the heroes are worthless
Gee I dunno
>>
>run-of-the-mill MOBA with autistic fanbase
>>
because its popular and its made by blizzard
>>
The in-game playerbase is the most whiny I've played with. It's not like other competitive games don't have complainers but this game man has a higher tier of beta bitching.
>>
>>376470210
fpbp.

It's the equivalent of LoL, you're forced in 50/50 win rates and no matter what you do, you can't change that under you prearrange your entire team.

It's the 2016 Call of Duty. There's no skill involved, you give everyone the skill ceiling of a floors border and punish those who do well. You are forced to lose, no matter how well you do.
>>
>>376469570
TF2 clone
>>
>>376469570
because it's popular and /v/ consists of contrarian faggots
>>
>>376470517
this, pretty much. however, i'd argue that /v/ hates every video game anyway. gotta be a contrarian post-ironic shitposter to fit in, after all
>>
>>376469570
I liked it at launch but Blizzard has a done a terrible job supporting it. They'd rather make more events so they can jew people out of money with timed cosmetics than actual content for the game.
>>
>>376469570
It's a video game
>>
>>376470385
That's an insult to people with autism.
>>
>>376469570
>pick an off-meta hero
>entire team proceeds to call me a thrower and all report me at once
thats why i hate this game
>>
>>376469570
Because it's literally a mobile game on consoles/PC that exists for the sole purpose of incentivizing consistent micro-purchases
>>
>>376469570
Slow ass 'arena' fps designed for casual babies. Not to mention the poorly designed maps that was clearly made by people that have no experience with fps games.
>>
A $60 game with microtransactions is inexcusable.
>>
retarded artstyle that doesn't mesh with anything
casual as fuck auto-aim on a pc game
characters have super abilities so players don't have to rely on skill
basically the Mario Kart of fps games, but that's an insult to Mario Kart because at least you still have to steer the kart
>>
What's the ideal time to play the game stateside? I just realized that in China if you play it at 6 AM on weekdays 95% of your matches have proper team comps because the shitty children are all gone.
>>
Just like League, the entire game is people complaining that they're going to lose because their teammates haven't picked the 5 predefined good heroes according to the meta.

The game is so competitive the playerbase doesn't even know how to have fun while playing it anymore.
Even in Quake and Counter-Strike, ACTUALLY competitive games, people generally play for fun and enjoy it.
>>
>>376471336
I mean, the only thing the microtransactions get you is Loot Boxes, which you get through leveling up, plus arcade mode bonuses. You don't gain any kind of character or special upgrade, it's purely cosmetics. There's no reason for this to be seen as an issue by anyone, because you don't have to or need to buy loot boxes.
>>
>>376471467
>proper team comps
stop playing video games
>>
>>376471219
>Team based FPS
>Mobile game
>Microtransactions

???

Yeah you can buy costumes and shit, or you can play the game and get literally all the costumes you want from loot packs. Also, I liked Overwatch when it came out, I played it a shit ton. I guess I just overplayed it and it's kind of boring now.
>>
>>376469570
I don't hate it personally, I just find it to be boring and the characters are better off in Hots.
>>
File: 1481499377593.png (253KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
1481499377593.png
253KB, 500x677px
I love Zarya.
>>
>>376469570
Because at first /v/ hated casual games, but as newfags and casuals kept arriving, the board turned into a breeding ground of shitposters who think the cool thing is to just hate anything popular and imply that they have high standards, when in fact they couldn't make a good game worth a cent if life dropped them 5 trillion dollars via lottery.
>>
>>376471571
>I mean,
please fuck off reddit you can go back and circle jerk about your garbage game there
>>
>>376469570
Because I am obligated to rely on my teammates mechanically and some people are just flat-out stupid.
>>
>>376471629
Fuck off hanzo main.
>>
>>376471812
whoa, that's a really good point, i never thought of it that way. You won this argument anon.
>>
>>376469570
>MOBA, sortof
>Popular title, check
>Esport, check
>Blizzard, check
It never had a chance, /v/ hates all of that stuff.
>>
File: icon-terry.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
icon-terry.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>376469570

I hope the fucking rumor is true that Doomfist will turn out to be a hook character and you just hook towards people and punch them

>mfw they say he's Reinhardt and Roadhog counter
>>
Team-based games are just bad. They're totally incompatible with a matchmaking model. If one sufficiently skilled person can't potentially 1v5 (as is the case with "realism" based FPS games) then your game is trash and the results of matches are illegitimate. Also anything with a meta is utter garbage.
>>
I don't hate it, I just don't think it's a very fun or well designed game.
>>
>>376471138
Calling somebody autistic isn't insulting autistic people
Being autistic is a bad thing but that doesn't mean actual autistic people are bad
It's like calling somebody an idiot, or ugly, being an idiot or ugly is bad but idiots and ugly people are not necessarily bad people
>>
Because every single map is fucking awful and every game boils down to:

>2 people tryhard instalock meta stuff and sit watching the champ select screen waiting to complain about someone not picking meta
>1 person picking offtank in the hopes someone ELSE picks reinhardt
>1 person picking a defensive class
>1 person picking a class the team needs, but as soon as someone else picks a class that can do what their character can do, they switch to a class no one should ever pick, possibly causing a cascade effect of no one picking anything overly useful because constant switching to compensate, this happens in all modes not just competitive
>1 person picking an underpowered class in their "designated" role and are just WAITING to talk about their medals whenever ANYONE even MENTIONS the thought process of maybe possibly switching to something the current point/round would benefit more from

And every single fucking game is taking potshots at each other like a bunch of scared fairy faggots until you get an ultimate.

Fuck this boring as hell game.

I wouldn't even fucking care if the MAPS were better.
>>
>slow as fuck, wastes tons of time telling you what the score is, what the play of the game was, waiting for upvotes for player performance
>only a handful of the heroes are viable
>terribly designed maps
>loot box microtransactions in a game that you had to buy
>you can only have one of a hero at a time
>no servers, matchmaking on PC
>that abortion of a CTF mode
>>
>FPS
>literally zero (0) punchy guns
Someone please tell me what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>376472135
Autistic people are a league above overwatch players.
>>
>>376471162
>play hots
>pick any hero
>build the hero to work well with the team

neat
>>
>>376470718
>matching you with players of similar skill is a bad thing

/v/ once again shows how retarded it is
>>
>>376470385
>run-of-the-mill-MOBA

It's not like a MOBA at all except the concept of heroes, it's more of a class based shooter like a TF2 clone.
>>
>>376472586
I only played the game for like a month before me and my friends dropped it after realizing how shallow it is.

Do people seriously report you in quickplay or unranked or w/e it is for picking a hero that's not "meta"?
>>
>>376469570
/v/ hates all games that are under 20 years old.
>>
half the character sin overwatch are designed to just piss you off
>>
>>376472802
I still play the game occasionally. In quick play you get a person like that every once in a while, but they are usually ignored or made fun of for caring so much in quick play.
>>
>>376471902
Nice comma splice, nigger.
>>
>>376472802
It's more common in competitive but I rarely see that behavior in quickplay. Most of the time it's just trash-talking passive-aggressive bitch talk.
>>
>>376472802
Quickmatch is the "fuck you I'm playing the hero I want" mode.
>>
>>376471705
>the artist won't do lewds anymore

what a tragedy
>>
File: tumblr_op0r7utiUQ1rdewwro1_1280.png (708KB, 552x1525px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op0r7utiUQ1rdewwro1_1280.png
708KB, 552x1525px
It's not bad, it just doesn't have a unique charm, IMO.

and this is coming from a gook in gooklandia. I only play the game to socialize. Everyone here likes to sucky sucky 5 dolla Blizzard's futa cock for some reason.

and why does this game attract so much autism?
>>
>>376473589
>d'va's new skin caused butthurt

holy shit time to get back into overwatch
>>
>>376473750
nah not really, only few tumblrite retards were triggered by it
>>
>>376471089
This so much. It's completely lacking in content still even a year after its release. This could be easily fixed with custom maps, private servers, and mod capabilities, but Blizzard is too ass-ravaged about losing DoTA to ever allow fun in their games again.
>>
I’m annoyed with my ally.
>>
>>376471642
Millions of people play games like Clash of Clans and don't spend a dime either, but the game is still designed around pushing micro-purchases. You just aren't one of the unfortunate souls who gets hooked and actually pays for shit. They're designed to hook you with a repetitive loop and dangle little trinkets in front of you along the way to make it more exciting.

Blizzard made $565 billion on Overwatch in 2016, what did they do with that money? A couple new heroes and special event skins, some of which were only available if you paid?

Overwatch as an IP has tons of potential. Striking characters, an interesting setting and very appealing visuals and aesthetics in general. And what do they do with it? Make an online-only MOBA that also costs $60 instead of being F2P like all the others, of course! WoW won't last forever, we need some more quick short-term revenue! It could have a great story, it could have multiplayer that isn't one player per console and online-only, it could be literally anything but just an online-only MOBA clone.
>>
>>376474048
>overwatch is an ASSFAGGOTS

when will this meme die?
>>
>>376470718
Explain how rogue keeps winning pls
>>
>>376474168
delet this.
>>
>>376472672
Overwatch does not match you with players of a similar skill, it purposely matches you with better players after a lose streak and worse players after a win streak.

The development team denies this but many players have payed very close attention to statistics and generally agree it's a real thing.
>>
Name something with 10+ million sales that doesn't have a lot of hate on /v/. Bundle it with the butthurt people have over Warcraft and Starcraft and you've got a perfect storm. A shitstorm.
>>
>>376474434
>beat people
>rank increases
>play against higher rank people
>???
nobody denies this, and you have to be kinda retarded to not see how this works
>>
>lets copy tf2
>but lets not ask why tf2 added things like heal crits to it

That and balancing a game around cooldowns but not being able to balance your game is the lowest you can go.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.