[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I mean, getting perks through skill challenges is a neat idea,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (26KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
26KB, 460x215px
I mean, getting perks through skill challenges is a neat idea, weapons are whompy enough and there's quite a few enemies to test them on when a setpiece comes. That being said, game constantly wants to hold your hand, "see this! now look at this amazing setpiece! go through here! run!" so that any sort of true, player created spectacle is lost in scripted noise. Environments are completely dead technologically, you can barely do any damage to your surroundings no matter what weaponry you use. Map design is pretty poor, wide low corridors, there is almost zero verticality in the game. Apart from humanoid enemies, robots, drones and vehicles are very uninspired, it's surprisingly how tame the art design is. At one point I thought I was playing Bethesda's Fallout, with those lame mechanical bodies stomping around.

What I can give credit to is that train scene with the 'purity' test and the luger, it's a great example how to make a memorable character in just a few minutes. Unlike the main villain which isn't really a parody nor is he really threatening. The game is too serious for tonal shifts it tries to make.
>>
>>376467303
>Environments are completely dead technologically, you can barely do any damage to your surroundings no matter what weaponry you use. Map design is pretty poor, wide low corridors, there is almost zero verticality in the game.
MEGATEXTURES
>>
>>376467410
Yeah, worse than Unity.
>>
I feel so torn about this game. It COULD HAVE been great and there were definitely moments of gameplay that I genuinely enjoyed. I agree with your assessment- there are alternate ways to do some things but when there are they're dangled in front of you (Look at this vent that we pointed you RIGHT AT, I wonder if you can climb in there and sneak around).
>>
room for improvement, but cant deny the satisfaction of sinking a throwing knife into the back of a Nazis head.
>>
>>376467640
And don't forget, it's not only that it tells you exactly what to do, it prevents you of doing anything else.

Thing I forgot to mention (and I'm playing on highest difficulty) - game relies on stealth A LOT, in fact it's a legitimate FPStabber of a game yet guards are completely braindead, you can stab someone in the neck and his patrol buddy will just waltz by him if he did not notice you.
>>
>>376467835
Yeah the stealth sections felt very weird to me. I chalk that up to the game being made around the same time/by the same company/in the same engine as Dishonored, they just tacked some of the bits of that game into this one. What did you think of the hub world and the characters?
>>
>>376468073
I'm only at half of the game but I've known previously the rough plot outline. I liked the threatening frau on the train, main villain is an example of how uneasy this game is when treading the ground between exploitation (in the vein of Ilsa She Wolf of the SS) and more serious, even preachy elements which then come off as superfluous racial caricatures, inadevertently of course. Another thing that does not help the world building is that the direction itself makes it feel very cramped, Star Wars style. You just get teleported to the maps of the same size, it's very obvious. And the Reich itself is... robots and rockets? I mean, the villains does not try to at least challenge you with an idea or two, it's just poor writing.
>>
>>376468834
Yeah the entire game seems kinda half baked, or maybe there's just pre-existing wolfenstein lore that explains all of that shit. I understand the gray haired crippled woman is from a previous wolfenstein game, so maybe it makes sense if you played the last one. You get slightly different experiences based on which of the two guys you choose at the beginning, if you saved the young american guy you get Jimi Hendrix which is entertaining but a little silly. I like the aesthetic of 1960s Germany and thought that was done well, but the game just doesn't know what it wants to be. There's an early level where you're driving with an Irish guy and he suicide bombs a building right in front of you. From there it immediately drops you into a level and I was FREAKING OUT when it did that, I definitely didn't expect that guy to blow himself up. The next few minutes are this bizarre on rails march through rubble with this crappy illusion that a robot dog is chasing you. The rest of the level is pretty good but that opening section really ruined the atmosphere they had set up by being so lame.
>>
>>376469379
I mean they try to set up all these emotional moments and character motivation but the plain truth is that I was actually glad to nod towards the scottish faggot in the prologue so I don't hear his shitty accent anymore.
>>
>>376469559
I played through twice to get all of the different shit and both the two characters you have to pick from are more annoying than anything else. No matter which of the two you pick they will angst at you for choosing them over the other one. And then (these are real ass spoilers so don't read this if you don't want to know about it) The one you don't save shows up at the VERY VERY END and I'm supposed to care about them? You haven't mentioned this guy for hours.
>>
>>376469727
Yeah I don't care about the game so I read that, I doubt I will continue playing. I'd play it to the end if I liked the world design but it's very poor. In fact as I've said robots are laughably bad and even the stormtrooper design is Himmler goes skateboarding or some shit.
>>
I love this game, but I feel like it never really "lets go".

Like theres no huge battle with a bunch of the mechs and soldiers etc at once, it plays it really safe in the encounters and set pieces. The closest thing is the London Nautica entrance setpiece but thats it.
>>
>constantly takes weapons away from you each new level
>those shitty laser weapons on the Moon
Is The Old Blood any better
>>
I was honestly fed up with the game after I spent the entirety of it running around, staring at the floor instead of actually shooting enemies.

Is it me or was the ammo scarce as fuck in this game?
>>
>>376470757
Not scarce at all
>>
I'm glad /v/'s wizened up to this game's bullshit. It was pretty much impossible to criticize TNO in any fashion until like last year.
>>
>>376470823
I was running out of ammo constantly and the majority of my time was spent scrounging around empty rooms for a shred of ammo. Shit was annoying because this is more of an arcade shooter than a fucking simulator.
>>
>>376470927
Well, every robot battle is a pointless exercise in bullet sponging.
>>
>>376471060
Are you a complete fucking retard?
Tesla grenade and shoot them in the back and that's the end of it. The shotgun / rocket / Frankenstein guys were far worse and borderline unkillable.
>>
>>376471060
You take them out with one single shot to their weakpoint on the back though.
>>
File: WtNO_Deathshead_.jpg (199KB, 523x802px) Image search: [Google]
WtNO_Deathshead_.jpg
199KB, 523x802px
>>376468834
>the villains does not try to at least challenge you with an idea or two

Did you ignore everything this guy said you dumb kike?
>>
>>376470757

i spent the first half of the game using nothing but the knife and its fucking hilarious, it only stops being viable once enemies get armor plating.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.