[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming to slow realization that I suck at video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: RZ7MzkkYLk-4.png (45KB, 300x250px)
RZ7MzkkYLk-4.png
45KB, 300x250px
>beat X3 today but only after taking two fucking hours straight to beat Kaiser Sigma
>go to X4 to do X's story
>die all the time, fail to get any of the health tanks
>am now currently stuck on the Colonel fight and can't do shit to him whatsoever
>most of the time I die really fast and all the time whenever I play classic vidya

Help me doc!
>>
It happens but the key is not admitting it and pretending like you aced it.
>>
>>376461256

git gud
>>
Wait till you come to the realization that you suck at everything
>>
>>376461323
>"Haha that game is easy XD"
>I die all the time at it
>not too long ago I thought Blizzard Buffalo was nigh unbeatable without his weakness weapon
>>
>>376461256
My skill in vidya has declined along with my tolerance for grindan shit. I've evolved from playing action games into playing games like Factorio. Looking for a mmo where I can just autism via crafting/gathering only which seems to be ESO.
>>
>>376461521

Dash straight up in front of Blizzard Buffalo and repeat, his AI gets stuck in a loop if you do that.
>>
>>376461256
>>376461710
At least you guys can recognize your weaknesses. Unlike DSP who acts it's always the game's fault.
>>
>>376461730
It only works for several seconds and I beat him ages ago.
>>
>>376461256
The only way to suck at video games is to give up.

I usually rack up dozens of deaths over the course of a game. Sometimes more with arcade games; 100+. If I'm winning consistently, I get bored quickly.

Most games I go into I suck horribly at. Of the ones I really enjoyed, at the end of my time playing them I can 1CC them or blow through them regardless of how long a time lapse goes since I last played it. Maybe you won't get this far but as long as you don't give up, you don't really suck at games.
>>
Thought you were using X3 as a face when I opened this up. Thank goodness that's not the case.
>>
File: General_sprite.gif (7KB, 198x175px)
General_sprite.gif
7KB, 198x175px
>>376461256
Sounds like you have a problem with staying too long in one place, or just not anticipating patterns.

Dash, jump, dash. That's how you dodge Colonel's sword waves. They get faster in the second fight.

Count to three after he vanishes. On three, or a little after two, jump. You should clear his sword swing. When he starts doing it twice in a row, count to one and then jump after the first swing. If you wanna try something cool even I haven't tried, time it so that you get him with a charged shot just before you jump.

Oh, and good luck fighting General. It's like fighting Kaiser Sigma, only the room is twice as large.
>>
File: 1403871875694.jpg (45KB, 375x550px)
1403871875694.jpg
45KB, 375x550px
>Getting older
>Last real gaming achievement to my name was beating Wonderful 101 on 101% Difficulty and unlocking Bayo legit before they patched in the cheat code
>Only thing I can do is modern co-op games or my old school NES/SNES games I've committed to memory, trying to play Nier Automata has just been a disaster of missed dodges

Enjoy it while you can kiddos
>>
>>376462701
I beat the game as Zero ages ago, just coming back to it as X for some reason I suck.

General was way easier than Kaiser Sigma to the point there's no comparison, General was more like Wolf Sigma than anything.
>>
>>376461256
real talk

X3 is the hardest of the SNES trilogy, that you beat it at all is pretty cool.
>>
File: 1493342295642.png (215KB, 510x546px)
1493342295642.png
215KB, 510x546px
>>376462917
>Zero is easy mode

I remember General being mostly tedious, especially when he's firing electric Cheerios.
>>
>>376461256
>X4
>Hard
Christ you're pathetic.
>>
>>376463498
The Zero games are probably the hardest Mega Man sidescrollers that allow you to dash and wall-kick. I attribute part of it to the smaller screen and bigger character sprite, and the rest to enemy placement.
>>
>>376463498
I just came straight out of X3 and now X4 is suddenly hard to me.

Why?

What exactly makes X4 """"easy""""?
>>
>>376463030
I beat that shit when I was a little kid, nigger.

No excuses.
>>
>>376464404
Not him but X4 is a fucking cakewalk until you get to the final boss, then it just becomes an endurance race. That's the only part of the game even remotely hard.

If I beat that shit in the same weekend I rented it back when I was 13, I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>376464528
Little kids aren't horrible at video games.

Plenty kids beat shit that people complain about the difficulty of.
>>
>>376464767
Wonder how they'd fair with X6.
>>
>>376461256
Be observant and think things through. This lets you chain up everything into simple formulas of action. Games basically train you to do this.

Simple things like recognizing an enemy attack animation in the first few frames is where it starts. Just mentally flag anything that'll give you an advantage or keep you safe, and it will eventually add up until you're not making any significant mistakes anymore. It's all just lightweight thinking that passes into instinct, no burden whatsoever. There on out, you can fly through games faster and more gracefully, but it begins with attentiveness (a very real problem is imagining the game too much and disconnecting from its immediacy).
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.