[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft's 2017 E3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 399
Thread images: 47

File: make xbox great again.jpg (107KB, 650x497px) Image search: [Google]
make xbox great again.jpg
107KB, 650x497px
Serious question: what exactly is Microsoft going to have to do to make the Xbox both relevant and something that people like again this E3?

Right now, their current problems include:

>Very sparse lineup of first party games, virtually no exclusives and many of their anticipated games have no release date or any updates after years of being announced
>Very bad PR image and generally seen as anti-gamer or not relevant
>Suffering one of the worst game droughts this year. Sony and Nintendo are killing it with games while Microsoft is actually killing games
>Focuses too much of their games on being E-sports pandering garbage or being "services" in order to sell microtransactions
>Has only 1 highly critically acclaimed game (Forza Horizon 3)
>Their juggernaut titles such as Halo or Gears of War are no longer as big as they used to be and have massively deteriorated in quality in the past decade
>Their E3 space this year is smaller and is held on a Sunday

This E3 is Microsoft's most important for the Xbox brand. They can't do it with Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay and Forza alone and Project Scorpio alone, which if it's over $500, will be DOA. They have to capture lightning twice.

How can Microsoft win E3?
>>
Make Xbox Live free.
>>
>>376458220
do they even have 1st party lineups coming out anymore?
Scalebound got canceled
Crackdown 3 is indefinite vaporware
Pretty sure Phantom Dust got canceled
and Sea of Thieves is moving at such a snails pass that it's only a matter of time before Microsoft pulls the plug
>>
It's simple. We kill the sony and nintendomans.
>>
i completely forgot crackdown 3 even existed
>>
>>376458220
Plus they pissed off Xbone fanboys like that CrapGamer idiot with that "All future MS-published games will be Xbone/W10 Store dual releases" thing, then backtracked on it only about 6 months later, pissing off the handful of PC people who'd become interested in the brand.
>>
>>376458220
sports
>>
>>376459937
Microsoft probably did too
>>
They need something huge, like free online, to really swing things in their favour. Sure, the Scorpio will close the gap a little, but it's going to be either A) a luxury item or B) if cheap, severely underpowered and not capable of delivering what it set out to do.

The gap between Microsoft and Sony is far too huge for small things to make any difference, they need to make a huge splash. This "war" is essentially over, I think.
>>
Just fucking bring the MCC to PC. That's all they have to do
>>
>>376458220
Halo the MCC on PC is all I want and all I ever will want.
>>
All they have to do is show off some crappy Forza 7 gameplay running at 4k and they'll have the entire Xbox fanbase empting their wallets.
>>
They need to announce a ton of exclusives but Spencer already said he's not going to announce games coming out in 4 years like Sony but that's what fags want. So they won't "win".
>>
>>376459637
>make paid online the new standard
>blow everyone away by making yours free again after successfuly converting the other services
5D BILLIARDS
>>
File: Sea_of_Thieves.jpg (248KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sea_of_Thieves.jpg
248KB, 1280x720px
Crackdown
Forza 7 Motorsports
Sea of Thieves
Ori and the Will of the Wisp
Minecraft Windows 10 edition for Xbox

Those are just the confirmed major titles for E3. Ori and the Will of the Wisp alone is GOTY contender so I'm literally happy with just that.
>>
>>376459637

If they want Scorpio to be successful with no future big releases this is their biggest bet.

Make it free. I'd buy a Scorpio at 500 dollars for that. It's the smartest move they could make but be cheeky and make it only for people who buy/trade in for a Scorpio.

That way people aren't just buying shit tier old Xbones for free online.
>>
>Halo 6
>Fable 4
>Gears 5
>>
File: major nelson (1).jpg (214KB, 750x1078px) Image search: [Google]
major nelson (1).jpg
214KB, 750x1078px
I hope this finally happens.
>>
>>376458220
literally chasing cod box of yesteryear
fucken DED
dlc/mirco/service shit
thats why original campaign stuff like scale bound is dead
>>
>>376458220

They're fucked with their relations to new IPs from Japan though. I've found more fun from Nier Automata than from most AAA games.

If they make free online across the board for all Xbox One consoles out of the gate it could be good but they'll be losing money. Hard. On a platform that really doesn't need to be losing money for Microsoft.

They're exclusives are just kind of meh now. They're not doing new things. Look at Sony and the new God of War. Completely changing it up. They need to take more chances and get the word out there.

I just don't care and I was a huge fan of the Xbox and Xbox 360 despite it's shit RROD that I had many problems with. I don't know if they can bring this brand back other than as a corpse that people still buy because they know it. My Win7 PC and PS4 Slim are treating me fine.
>>
>>376458220
>Fable Legends cancelled
>Phantom Dust cancelled
>Scalebound cancelled
>ReCore a bad game that flopped
>Shangheist cancelled instead make Gears 700
>Bar Halo 5 which is also in decline, all games are critical and commercial flops, even Gears
>Close Lionhead (this was utter insanity)
>Put all games on PC

Not only that but

>Crackdown 3 is a sequel to one of the worst rated 360 exclusives ever and looks like it's still in development after 3 years
>Sea of Thieves was shown at E3 before it had loot, combat, ship battles, etc and is still not feature complete and will not release this year
>State of Decay 2 is one in a million zombie games where the only relevant one is TLoU
>The Phantom Dust "remaster" that Microsoft has been trumpeting turned out to be an up rez of an original xbox game - the likes of which Sony chucks on the store for 10 dollars each from PS2

How HOW can a company fuck up so bad OVER AND OVER AND OVER again it should be impossible but well here we are
>>
Release date for Sea of Thieves
Release date for Cup Head
Ori 2
Actual games for Scorpio

Nintendo are gonna win E3, but they could come in second with just the stuff above.
>>
>>376458220
>cuphead with forced online multiplayer
>cancelled
>>
>>376462302
>Crackdown
a shit game by a shit developer that no one cares about, also on PC
>Forza 7 Motorsports
shit version of the Forza games, also on PC
>Sea of Thieves
a walking simulator Destiny wannabe that will probably flop because we already have Destiny, also on PC
>Ori and the Will of the Wisp
Also on PC, but will be good
>Minecraft Windows 10 edition for Xbox
>>
>>376462363
better yet make scorpio free
>>
>>376463380
What a pathetic and weak line up of games
>>
>>376463380
Nintendo fans once again showing their utter stupidity and shit taste
>>
>>376459637
This is probably their biggest bet. They really have to market the 4k and this if they actually do it pretty hars
>>
>>376463509
>being this butthurt about the competition
Don't worry, I'm sure Sony will announce some games for 2019, anon.
>>
>>376463117

You're just talking about their fuck ups in the console realm.

MEANWHILE IN SHIT THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS LAND

>has nearly lost the entirety of the mobile sector of operating systems
>actually bought Nokia then sold again, complete loss
>Windows 10 is still big in laptops for games and such but Google's being cheeky and might have every fucking Chromebook in the last few years on the actual store and not the neutered one

I mean, they're not quite poised for success in the future. Now? They're doing their thing. Future? Wouldn't call it a safe company to push everything into if you want a return investment say 10 years from now.
>>
>>376458220
Based Phil has got games in his sleeve. They are gonna announce Lost Odyssey 2, Ninja Gaiden 4, Tales of Vesperia Remastered, and a new Jet Set Radio/JSRF Remastered, all exclusive to Scorpio(they will go back on their no Scorpio exclusives statement)
>>
>>376458220
>both relevant and something that people like again

Not release as early as possible before Sony to get what sales they can from people who wont wait.

MS has no confidence in scorpio competing with the next sony console.
>>
>>376463380
With 'stuff' above they would lose to nintendo 2015
>>
>>376462302

>major titles
>Minecraft

A 6 year old game as a major release, u wot
>>
>>376463596
>b-but Sony

You don't have to be a Sony fanboy to know that 2 side scrolling indie games and a shitty party game where multiplayer will die in a week made by devs who've been reduced to making shovelware is an extremely weak line up for a home console.
>>
File: 1343404791948.png (265KB, 334x393px)
1343404791948.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>376463802
>he doesn't realize Ori and Cup Head will both be contenders for GOTY
>>
>>376462302
games i dont give a shit about and god I can play minecraft on a fucking ipad.
>>
>>376458220
Games. That's what they need. No amount of improved hardware that they're trying to push is going to help if they have no fucking games.
>>
>>376463452

Crackdown 3 is one to watch tbf.
>>
File: Cuphead.png (676KB, 558x828px) Image search: [Google]
Cuphead.png
676KB, 558x828px
>Leave Sony to me.
>>
>>376462410
people play halo in 2017?
>>
360 seems like as much of a fluke as the wii now in the grand scheme of things

maybe they can get the jump on sony with vr and make it cheap, full of features and, wait for it

>games people actually want to play
>>
File: Chromehounds[1].jpg (29KB, 256x355px) Image search: [Google]
Chromehounds[1].jpg
29KB, 256x355px
C H R O M E H O U N D S 2
H
R
O
M
E
H
O
U
N
D
S
>>
>>376463926
And both will be on steam
>>
>>376463926
Cuphead looks generic and without substance.

BUT WOW LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS
>>
>>376464048
>games that will bomb

I dont think dudebros who want to use guns to shoot shit will give a shit about cuphead. What a shame this game would've done so much better on literally any other platform but it's somehow being made for dudebros who hate indie games
>>
File: 1477000844182.jpg (8KB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
1477000844182.jpg
8KB, 362x366px
>>376464054

>those feels that last night when the Halo 2 servers were to be shut down and I met up with all those old friends

Feels like that will never, ever be felt like that for an online game for be. I left it behind there. Not going to lie. I cried a bit after that. So many good times gone like tears in the rain.
>>
File: XboxOneFailures.png (67KB, 600x800px)
XboxOneFailures.png
67KB, 600x800px
>supporting people who came up with this
>>
>>376463632
>>376463632
>Ninja Gaiden 4

I know you're shitposting (Sony barely give the time of day to Japanese games now, let alone Microsoft), but this ain't happening for a good long while. Nioh DLC is still being developed and Kou Shibusawa has said during a KT shareholder's meeting that they're going to make a franchise out of it (Since Nioh was their highest selling title since the merger, selling a million in two weeks). Tom Lee has also said that NG is going to be laid dormant for a while.

Cookie Monster's good relationship with Peter Moore is the reason Tecmo allied themselves with MS, and as we know, both of them are long-gone.
>>
>>376464289
That was the last guy who was fired

Phil Spencer got rid off all that nonsense.
>>
File: 1474000847183.jpg (52KB, 640x480px)
1474000847183.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>376464289

The most beautiful thing ever is seeing PC users, Sony and Nintendo fans all come together to smash the most anticonsumer console
>>
All Microsoft is going to do is annonce Oculus support for Scorpio and shill more Early Access ports.
>>
>>376458220
>Xbox both relevant

its my most used console so I DUNNO DUDE
>>
>>376464443
The fact that Sony's early PS4 marketing was literally "It could be worse, we could be Microsoft!" is still funny almost 5 years on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
>>
>>376458220
There is no hope. I don't think I've ever seen a company so catastrophically out of touch with their consumers. It's evident in their policies, it's evident in their excuses, it's evident in their Halo games, and unfortunately the place it's the most evident, is in the console itself. It's a colossal failure and the dashboard changes every 2 months for no fucking reason no matter how much better the last one was, reporting doesn't work, recording is a hassle, Edge is a shit browser, and then there's absolutely no attention paid to letting people personalize the console either.

I think the only positive thing I can say about the console, is that it has fairly stable backwards compat emulation.
>>
Look we all know who the big man in the sky's favourite console is...

Sony ain't got shit
Nintendo ain't got shit
PC has Modders
>>
>>376464549

Well, PS4 was complete mediocre shit for the first few years but it developed and there a lots of decent exclusives for it. I openly mocked it but it's finally a console worth purchase.
>>
I'm not going to lie whenever anybody mentions the Xbox I literally laugh out a loud, it's just hard not to. How did Microsoft fuck up so badly? Why did ever Japanese developer avoid them since 8th gen? Sega, Tecmo, Bamco, they all jumped ship to PS4 and dropped MS, why?
>>
>>376464723
>funnyjunk filename

fuck off back to your cancer site
>>
>>376458220
Microsoft sure have some new games to show, is a matter of waiting to see what they are. Also, i don't think they will throw away all those years of Scalebound's production, the smartest thing to do is giving the concepts to another studio.
>>
>>376458220
You know, for all the rage that Nintendo gets for the WiiU, they only fucked over 13m people. The XBone has sold something like 30m units? That's a lot of people who got screwed by Microsoft this generation. That's gotta be tough to overcome.
>>
>>376464790
any japanese game players who were on 360 jumped to ps4 after the horrendous xbone announcement. literally all that's left are braindead chads
>>
>>376464790
>Why did ever Japanese developer avoid them since 8th gen? Sega, Tecmo, Bamco, they all jumped ship to PS4 and dropped MS, why?

Xbox has always been horrifically unpopular in Japan, that's why.
>>
>>376464790

This.

How did Microsoft screw up so bad after dominating for many years, it's atonishing they backtracked so far
>>
File: 1488613859744.jpg (922KB, 1139x1291px) Image search: [Google]
1488613859744.jpg
922KB, 1139x1291px
>prepare the sonybro memes on Sunday
>>
>>376464828
kek
>>
>>376464723

Todd, I'm sorry but Fallout 4 was kind of boring and Fallout 4 modding reflects how bad the situation is.

Please don't hurt me b..but the fans have requested...Obsidian take a crack at the next entry! This is the request of the people my liege.
>>
>>376458220
>>Their E3 space this year is smaller and is held on a Sunday

Source?
>>
>>376464934
They threw all their eggs into Kinect basket and it backfired massively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflHRLW0Tz8

Also don't forget Mattrick shot down Bungie's pitch for an early version of Destiny because he thought them working on anything that wasn't more Halo wouldn't be financially worthwhile. They subsequently took it to Activision and it became the highest selling new IP of all time.
>>
>>376464790
Because M$ stopped caring about trying to appease the japanese market, before 2010 they their best to secure some support overseas but then it might have returned the profits they wanted, pro-japanese executives left over the years too, now the Xbox brand is just about the west, with any willing japanese developer being on its own if they want to release a japanese game on the xbox.
>>
Both the ps4 and Xbox one have many flaws but besides sales what makes you think Xbox one is doing bad? The Xbox is clearly the better console.

>better system
>better controller
>more options like the snapfunctions
>faster download speed
>faster updates
>backwards compatibility
>Phil spencer
>Xbox marketplace has the cheapest games even cheaper than steam
>better games with gold
>ea access
>>
>>376465105
Yeah, that's nice and all but no games.
>>
File: COD-WW2.png (904KB, 1884x964px) Image search: [Google]
COD-WW2.png
904KB, 1884x964px
>>376458220
At the end of the day, the Xbox will still sell more than the Switch this holiday season because Xbox has WW2 and Switch won't.
>>
>>376465058
E3 schedule is already available, M$ is on a sunday, Sony is the last one on monday.
>>
>>376458220
Microsoft
>worst launch
>little exclusives
>mediocre exclusives
>Bad E3
30 Million units

Nintendo Wii U
>Good launch
>many exclusives
>Decent E3
12 million units
>>
>>376465212
Halo 5, gears 4 and forza horizon are all better than anything ps4 has to offer
>>
>>376465328
Source
>>
>>376465105

I fully applaud the focus on backward compatibility.
>>
What exactly does Sony have to show?
>>
>>376465349
The Wii U had bad advertising and most normies thought it was an attachment for the original Wii. It also had bad 3rd party support.
>>
>>376465105
take the xbox one dpad and put it on the dualshock 4. I want this so fucking bad.
>>
>>376465105
>better system
It was severely underpowered before the S and Scorpio came around.
>>
>>376465292
The Switch will haver Mario and the Xbox won't.
>>
>>376465352
I unironically like Halo 5. Never played Gears 4 but heard it was very well received.
>>
File: IMG_p2npit.jpg (142KB, 712x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_p2npit.jpg
142KB, 712x720px
>>376465432
All they have to do is show everything they showed last year and at PSX and they pretty much have E3 in the bag.
>>
>>376459637
XBL is the most profitable service inside Xbox brand I don't think they will make online free anytime soon.
>>
>>376465432
Beyond the shit they've shown already? Presumably Sucker Punch's new IP, more DS stuff and RDR2 footage, since they're in bed with Take Two for its marketing. Also probably Destiny 2 shit, since those leaks confirmed Sony have got dibs on exclusive content again.

Also the Soul Sacrifice and Bloodborne guys from Japan Studio have been teasing some new project, which a lot of people have been thinking might be another collaboration with From.
>>
In all seriousness i am excited for Sea of Thieves. It has a lot of potential. Keyword potential

I am worried that it will end up a streamer game. Someone who can only enjoy it with a headset and aboe to get 5 friends on demand at the same time easily
>>
>>376465432
Pretty anything japanese developers will have in store, they always save it for Sony's conference.
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-18+at+04.06.58).jpg (81KB, 702x432px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-18+at+04.06.58).jpg
81KB, 702x432px
If master chief collection isn't announced this year
for windows 10 there will be very little stopping me from ending it
>>
>>376465573
Gears 4 MP is really good. Campaign not as good as gears 123 but mostly because nostalgia since the campaign was never that important.

Halo 5 MP for arena and btb is 10/10 campaign sucks thanks to locke and no split screen.

War zone was also a mistake
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 259x194px
>>376465105
still amazing people didn't buy an xbox after sony has literally done nothing since release

why are the psplus games so shit though goddamn
>>
>>376465362
http://m.ign.com/wikis/e3/E3_2017_Live_Streams_and_Press_Conferences
>>
>>376465432
SONY TV, SONY VR, SONY PRO, KOJIMA
>>
>>376464790
>I'm not going to lie whenever anybody mentions the Xbox I literally laugh out a loud

I might sound like a cunt but so do I - it's just insane how badly they fucked up and how much of a piece of shit this box with no games is.
>>
>>376465752
That is what makes me happy about the ps4. Microsoft fucked up so badly at launch and they are now paying for it. They are doing their best so bad to keep gamers happy like now a good refund system etc. Meanwhile Sony is sitting on its ass screaming sales and shitty exclusives no one cares about.

Competition is good

My brother has a ps4 and I only touched it once. literally felt like a 3rd world console because it is no real upgrade besides graphics from the 360 I had
>>
>>376465432
Whatever Capcom has to show and Itsuno's new game, they always reveal on Sony's conferences. It won't be exclusive but the mere fact that it was revealed under Sony's banner makes sonybros happy, just like FFVII remake being revealed at Sony E3 2015 made people lose their shit.
>>
File: 1483640384078.jpg (256KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1483640384078.jpg
256KB, 1080x1283px
>>376465968
4 THE PAYERS

like clockwork, you don't have to fucking try when you got sonybros on a leash
>>
>>376465747
Yeah, I also thought that Campaign wasn't good. Actually the worst campaign of all Halo games for me, but the multiplayer is very good this time.
>>
>>376465432
Dude sony has Miyazaki and Kojima locked down and they are probably the two best Directors in Japan bar maybe the young mario guy at Nintendo right now - not to mention Ueda, on top of that Hashino )the persona director) has an exclusive partnership with Sony - they also have Naughty Dog and Santa Monica with GoW which is huge in the US - and now even their shit studio GG had a hit with Horizon which was actually great

Sony are fucking rolling in money and Crash Bandicoot is gonna be the next big hit for them without any doubt
>>
>>376462302
every fucking year the same unfinished pile of crap

holy shit
>>
>>376466090
Since you have a PlayStation 4. How is game sharing compared to what we got on Xbox? You can basically share everything with 1 friend and get all his games and purchases on your Xbox visa versa
>>
>>376465968
>My brother has a ps4 and I only touched it once. literally felt like a 3rd world console because it is no real upgrade besides graphics from the 360 I had
Why do I have a hunch that this post was written by a fatass permavirgin Nintendownie manchild?
>>
I have both systems, have had both since PS3/360 era. Consoles don't cost much, even new, and I don't like missing out good games.
>>
>>376458220

it's literally going to be 95% Scorpio, and 5% games no one gives a fuck about.
>>
>>376466307
Because you're a retard
>>
>>376466307
>sonynegr0ids being dumb as always
>>
File: 1492476843882.png (71KB, 348x301px)
1492476843882.png
71KB, 348x301px
>>376466296
I think it's the same thing. Haven't tried it but my friend uses it. He actually doesn't have Uncharted, Bloodborne, or SFV...only CoD and Destiny
>>
>>376465432
Sony could literally show a video of their CEO taking a shit on a photo of their fanbase and there would still be sonyfriends on /v/ posting about how they won E3
>>
>>376464790
all the people who made 360 decent left
>>
File: pastxboxbosses.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pastxboxbosses.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
don mattrick ruined EVERYTHING. phil spencer will make xbox great again
>>
>>376466774
Nah, that would be Nintendickgobblers.
>>
File: pizza.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>376458220
Man I just don't see much appeal in Xbox/Microsoft anymore.

Like, Sony's dominated the AAA third party scene along with their own first party stuff. Nintendo realized that, which is why they once again decided to go in their own direction which actually is working well for them this time (taking their home console shit and melding it with what is by far their most successful business: handhelds). But what does Microsoft really offer anymore that the others don't? Forza?

As an old Rare fan, the only stuff that remotely interests me on Xbone is Killer Instinct, Rare Replay and to some degree Sea of Thieves, but that's not really enough for me to invest in it when I already have a PS4.
>>
>>376466161
>These literally whos.
>>
File: 127461921.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
127461921.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376466659
Xbox has it pretty good when it comes to games. I am better off than people from steam cause games on Xbox are cheaper + the game share thing.

Bought battlefield 1 ultimate edition for 45 euro's while it is normally 130 euro's
>>
>>376465432
bborn2
>>
File: goat.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
I am in the Sea of Thieves alpha, own all the consoles, and it is legit the only good exclusive this gen.
>>
>>376465537
>before the S
Is still the same xbone, what are you even talking about?
>>
>>376467053
>exclusive*
>*PC
>>
>>376467053
I was invited as well but can't access Xbox insider hub for some bullshit reason regarding bans.

Game looks awesome
>>
Why are people pretending that Nintendo and Sony have good exclusive libraries? They are just as shitty as MS's.
>>
>>376465105
>phil spencer

You mean that failure cuck?? Just like yourself...
>>
>>376467120
We all know anyone who owns a Wii/ Switch or a PS4 is too fucking dumb to have a gaming PC. XB1 is the only console option.
>>
>>376467202
No Phil spencer is alpha just like xbros
>>
>>376466948
I know I have an Xbox too, I only buy multiplat console because I can resell it
>>
>>376467053
This seems like a game that would do pretty well if it was released on Steam. I think it being Xbone/Windows Store exclusive is gonna hurt it in the long run.

Would like to see it get the Halo Wars treatment.
>>
File: 1491291774404.jpg (21KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
1491291774404.jpg
21KB, 356x356px
>>376458220
>An Xbox general.
>Its fucking infested with Sonybros.
Seems mods don't do anything about consolewarfags here just like on /v/.
>>
>>376467394
I was talking about digital Xbox games though
>>
>>376466161
>Miyazaki
>anything remotely close to the best director in Japan

Shinji Mikami, Hideki Kamiya, Yoshiaki Koizumi, Keiichiro Toyama.

Has Miyazaki ever directed a game that wasn't ____ Souls?
>>
>>376464087
I'd buy a Scorpio just for CH2
>>
>>376467468
We are on /v/
>>
>>376467468

This isn't /vg/. If you want a hugbox full of like minded opinions go there and look for it, if it exists. This whole thread has been pretty fair handed though for the most part.
>>
>>376467296
PC for multiplats* and PS4 for exclusives
*pS4 when pc shitport
>>
File: C_BYkaPUAAAc3nx.jpg:large.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C_BYkaPUAAAc3nx.jpg:large.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
better thread

>>>>376466661

>>>376466661

>>>376466661
>>
>>376467327
That's why he cancelled scalebound and other games? He is fucking corporate suit just like matrick
>>
>>376464414
>Seamus Blackley
Games

>Ed Fries
Games

>Peter Moore
Games

>Don Mattrick
Kinect, TV, Sports, Always Online

>Phil Spencer
Games

So what happened with Don Mattrick era?
>>
>>376467414
Streamer bait that legitimately looks good and fun. What a shame no one would try it. I mean jesus, Halo 5 is free on PC but no one cares or knows because it's on MS's shitty store.

While we're on the same topic, why does MS sucks so much at everything. Blunder after blunder. Phones, Zune, Xbox, Kinect, Win10 what a terrible company.
>>
>>376467990
He cancelled it because scalebound was a mess and those japs couldn't even make a good game. The fps in the demo was literally 15 fps
>>
>>376468110
Damage control
>>
>>376468110
This
>>
>>376468242
How is it damage control the game as a mess and the jap studio was incompetent at making a game. Eventually Microsoft gave them the finger for wasting money and not finishing a game.

Most people that like scalebound do it for the meme
>>
>>376468416
This
>>
>>376468110
>>376468295
Dude is a hack out of mind. Last time he spoke that games like zelda and horizon are losing impact when they are best sellers. He wants games as a service and other cancer.
>>
>>376468502
This
>>
>>376468416
>>376468502
That's why nier automata from the same devs is a masterpiece?? You are looking for a problem in the wrong place. Check cuck spencer and his people instead of platinum games
>>
Brahs, I need some new fodder 4 my Xbox 1 (one). More exclusives pleaseeeee
>>
>>376458220
Microsoft just needs to keep making games until they find another winner.
I honestly liked Sunset overdrive and I don't understand how it got bad reviews. I feel like maybe it was too complicated for people and that's why it got bad reviews.

Maybe Microsoft feels like the games they make need to sell as much as the triple A titles to make the game good.
>>
>>376468537
This
>>376468526
horizon zero dawn is a big fail and almost every ps4 exclusive got outsold by halo 5 alone except that 1 uncharted game while the Xbox one has less players.

Breath of the wild is probably going to do well since it is one of the few games the switch has. Besides that reminder that the switch and nintendo is about exclusives and the ps4 and Xbox one are about multiplats
>>
>>376468714
No platinum games are just a bunch of incompetent people that can't into games. nier automata looks bad
>>
>>376458220
Nobody wants to say it but their only choice is to ride steams coattails and piggyback off of them and become a cheaper pc. But the thing is, steam doesn't need them so they're probably gonna want too big of a cut that's not gonna be feasible for MS.
>>
>>376468526
Phil stated that sp games while fun don't keep the players for a long time and he's right. What do you think Zelda and Horizon fans will do when they find everything in the game? They'll all move on to another game. Spencer states that if games either have a multiplayer or is mp only then players would keep coming back if the game is good. He also stated that sp games are not going away on Xbox and that sp only games would get a price like Recore of $40.
>>
>>376464054
Halo 5 actually has really good playership, they've been updating the arena with huge updates every month. Microsoft will be pushing the Halo brand HARD at e3, the req packs fucking print money for them
>>
>>376468091
Windows 7 was the last good thing they made.
>>
>>376468939
>Phil stated that sp games while fun don't keep the players for a long time and he's right. What do you think Zelda and Horizon fans will do when they find everything in the game?

Waiting for DLC content or play other games
>>
>>376468042
>Phil "Halo 5 doesn't need splitscreen because fuck you buy Xbox Live" Spencer
>Cares about games
lolno
>>
>>376468714
Game looks like shit
>>
File: 1493364863110.jpg (161KB, 854x715px) Image search: [Google]
1493364863110.jpg
161KB, 854x715px
Halo 3 remake is literally guaranteed 5 million copies, if they don't do it they fucked up. No one wants Halo 6
>>
>>376468915
except they fuck over indies with their retarded 'no ports' clause
>>
File: 4L_GWmeaqUP.png (71KB, 500x324px)
4L_GWmeaqUP.png
71KB, 500x324px
>>376468994
If Microsoft can't get Halo back into the top 10 most played, the brand is as good as dead.
>mfw the Xbox's killer app drops below top 20 on a regular basis
>>
>>376469041
>Waiting for DLC content or play other games
Exactly

>>376469153
It's coming back in Halo 6 and beyond so, lolyes.
>>
File: xbox live gold april.jpg (82KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
xbox live gold april.jpg
82KB, 960x539px
MS exclusives are good, but are bad-mouthed by sony biased media and all the hipstrs there, who started gaming on a PS1. Fuck 'em
>>
>>376469201
MCC 3.37m
>>
>>376469201
>Halo 3 remake is literally guaranteed 5 million copies
Yeah just like MCC sold 10 mil.... :(
>>
>>376468939
>We can't keep milking players who primarily play single-player, offline games, so we'll downplay their importance and "encourage" our customers to instead play multiplayer-focused games that require Xbox Live and have additional content to purchase

He can fuck himself.
>>
>>376469354
No shit. That game was fucked. It had a reputation as a broken game
>>
>>376469420
Hey at least they will sell single player games for a lesser price than Sony or Nintendo, so there's that.
>>
>>376469307
No, not "lolyes"

Its coming back because Halo 5 fucking bombed and they got screamed at by millions of angry fans to put it the fuck back in. If he fucking cared he wouldn't have cut it in the first place and then went on to spout this fucking bullshit non-answer garbage when asked about by angry fans:

>We see the robustness of what Xbox Live is today and where people are playing across Xbox Live--you at your house, me at our house. We know that's the vast majority of the co-op play. With Halo 5, the team really wanted to focus on making that experience great, both visually on the screen that you're looking at, and all the systems in place.

>Literally "lol who plays splitscreen anymore buy Xbox Live fag"

No thanks, Phil, I just won't buy your console or games at all.
>>
>>376469271
They're working on it. The HCS is here to stay, and they make so much money from micros on Halo 5 that they probably already have Halo 7 in development. Halo 5 arena is really great, so long as you aren't clinging to Halo 2/3 and the "WAAAH HALO IS COD NOW" mentality
>>
>>376469519
Like what? Recore?

The price of a new game isn't the issue here, the games lacking basic fucking features and not being worth that price because Microsoft wants to sell more Live subs is.
>>
More games, stop burning your money in AAA titles no one cares about like Quantum Break or that fuckin mmo Rare's talents is being wasted to.

Make games to the scale of indie devs, these games can be both popular and well received. Many different games, it's all about diversity of the library. Those games can fill up the space between 2-3 AAA titles per year (and we don't need a yearly Forza).

Order of priority should be :

Competitive games that cost less than $30
>
Addictive kind of concepts (rogue lites) under $30
>
AAA games that are either super arcade or super realistic since the market is saturated with inbetweens
>
Narrative-based games (stop making them AAA though)
>>
They're going to fucking BRING HIM BACK that's what they'll do
>>
>>376469721
>Microtransactions are here to stay, aren't they great?
>Anyone who has a problem with how the game plays is just calling it CoD

Wow, nice summary dismissal of any/all possible criticism.
>>
>>376468714
>dev studios are one team
It's well known that Plat's Z team were working on Scalebound, and even that was barebones. They stopped giving a shit so MS stopped paying them.
>>
>>376469456
It's actually doing alot better now, Halo 3 Slayer matches have like a minute wait. And H2A is pretty sweet tbqh, worth the 10 dollars or whatever it is now
>>
>>376469847
>Kamiya's self-described "dream game"
>lol Z-team was working on it
>>
>>376469729
Honestly, if ReCore didn't have that bullshit tower at the end, it could have been an awesome game. Up until that point, I felt like I was playing one of the awesome platformers from the PS2
>>
>>376464017
thread should have ended here
>>
>>376458220
>Serious question: what exactly is Microsoft going to have to do to make the Xbox both relevant and something that people like again this E3?
Kill the Xbox platform and release the Scorpio as a more powerful PS4 instead
>>
>>376470050
Don't forget lock Windows to the Store and tout that as a awesome feature.
>>
>>376469834
That's not what I said at all. I never said I didn't have a problem with microtransactions, even though I think they ha does it pretty well in H6, and you can dislike the arena, but the majority of people I see shit on it have clearly never played it because they don't like the idea of ads or or sprinting in thier Halo games
>>
>>376469310
As a Sonybro who never bought any xbox related products, I'd buy most of xbone's exclusives in a heart beat. Especially Ryse, that insomniac game and Sea of Thieves.
>>
>>376459658
>Pretty sure Phantom Dust got canceled
If just got some gameplay the other day apparently, but it's pretty much all they have.
>>
>>376467869
But if you aren't a weeb the PS4 exclusives are all garbage.
>>
>all these ms shills ITT
>>
>>376470249
If you aren't a weeb then you can kindly go fuck off to some other forum
>>
>>376470224
Think they handled it pretty well*
>>
Microsoft keeps pushing the multiplayer meme at the expense of good single player games. That's why they're failing. They massively underestimate single player.
>>
>>376469729
Recore wasn't a bad game it's just plagued by issues that could have been addressed if it got delayed. If they actually put the time and effort in these games then things would be better. I believe they should get rid of one of their franchises, I vote Gears of Wars.
>>
>>376458220

Put their games on Steam.

Who gives a shit about their failed console this generation? It's over for them on that. Resurge on PC and become the fucking PC platform they were in the 90's.
>>
>>376470224
I played it.

It's okay for what it is, but it didn't feel like Halo. ADS was a completely unnecessary change, and pretty much everything they changed just feels like it was done in an effort to grab a different audience and not because the developers actually felt the changes were good for Halo's gameplay.

Microtransactions are inexcusable and are why Halo 5 didn't have a BTB mode at launch or get any real BTB maps. Warzone exists solely to make money with microtransactions, this shit needs to stop.

They wanted a wider audience, they wanted some of that micro-purchase pie, the impression I got after playing for a little while was that these two points were their focus, their priority. 343 either seems woefully out of touch with what their core fans want or simply don't care and are just doing what their market analysts say will make the most money.

I won't even talk about the marvel movie bullshit that starts off the campaign and removes any amount of tension or stakes for the rest of the game.
>>
>>376469942
try using google for like, I dunno, 10 seconds anon
>>
>>376470501
>Who gives a shit about their failed console
xbots
>>
>>376470501
They're doing the exact opposite. 10 ain't done till Steam don't run after all. If they can't rule the console market, they'll turn the PC into nothing more than a locked down console.
>>
>>376468242

Yeah, no. Agree with >>376468110 and >>376468416 . No one who owns a MS console wanted Scalebound. It looked like garbage and should have been a PS4 release where the userbase enjoys that type of weak sauce game.

>>376468714
Again, no one who owns a XB1 wants to play dumbshit weeb-cancer like Nier. It
>>
>>376458220
>I'm not going to lie whenever anybody mentions the Xbox I literally laugh out a loud

With a tip of the fedora, for good measure?
>>
>>376470661
>Campaign
Yeah it was hot dogshit, I'll give you that
>No BTB
This ties into what I was saying when I mentioned the constant updates, BTB is in the game full time now, in a few different archetypes, and they also added a firefight mode that actually feels really compelling, and makes good use of the req packs system. If you play on a harder difficulty you can easily use the points you earn in firefight and buy req packs to use more shit in game. I admit microtransactions are pretty much always a bad idea. But the way they have it set up so you never really have to spend any money to have a good time is pretty elegant tbqh.
>>
>>376470735
>They're doing the exact opposite.

Halo Wars is the exception to this, weirdly. But yes, I know.

And as much as I want to play Forza Horizon, I refuse to buy it on the Windows Store.

The ONLY fucking thing that'll get me to buy a UWP app is Phantom Dust, and that's simply because I'm going to put my money where my mouth is on trying to get a sequel to that.
>>
>>376467296
I own a pc, ps4 and a switch. I'm still waiting for a reason to buy an xbox
>>
File: 1492769852442.png (334KB, 308x459px)
1492769852442.png
334KB, 308x459px
>>376458220
>Serious question: what exactly is Microsoft going to have to do to make the Xbox both relevant and something that people like again this E3?
Announce a bunch of cool exclusives that will actually come out, thats it
>>
>>376470501
>It's over for them on that. Resurge on PC and become the fucking PC platform they were in the 90's.

I wouldn't entirely mind them becoming a third party publisher too, honestly.

I'm willing to bet that their HD ports of Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Perfect Dark would probably sell a lot more on Switch than they ever did on 360.
>>
>>376467296
>We all know anyone who owns a Wii/ Switch or a PS4 is too fucking dumb to have a gaming PC.
I don't follow. Almost everybody I know has both.

>PS4 for multiplats and AAA titles
>PC for indie games
There's nothing else to it
>>
>>376471585
>I wouldn't entirely mind them becoming a third party publisher too, honestly.

>I'm willing to bet that their HD ports of Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Perfect Dark would probably sell a lot more on Switch than they ever did on 360.

i would like this very much
>>
>>376471145
Point being all that shouldn't have been added later, it should have been there from the start instead of that bullshit micro-purchase game mode. They spent their time on that instead of the "real" game modes because they wanted to push micro-purchases. That's where the real long-term revenue is now, not in selling a complete game at retail.

Overall, it just felt like half a fucking game, especially when compared to what all the other Halo games offered at launch. Lots of game modes/playlists were missing, half the features were missing with multiplayer being locked entirely behind a paywall, no LAN or system link, etc.

Oh, but I can micro-pay for some perks for this one game mode? That was up and running, glad to see where 343's priorities were. It was a clear attempt to just make money, not to make money by making a good game that would satisfy fans.
>>
>>376464289

I'll never forget this shit.

This shit is what caused me to write Xbox off.

What made it worse was after Microsoft basically tried to fuck everyone over, they spun around after getting absolutely fucking ruined by Sony, and all the retards went crawling back to them.
>>
>>376471678
>PS4 for AAA
>Not PC
Why?
>>
>>376471425
Pretty much this. Microsoft has the best spot right now for E3. Everything they announce will be a surprise so unless its just Halo and Gears of War, Microsoft can dominate e3 with 5-6 big game announcements and say that come out within a year before next e3.
>>
>>376464549
one of the xbox one trailer it even had 'PS4' on the of the url.
"even the url goddess hates this console wtf"
those politics were too sudden and adical. those things nneds to be implemnted slowly
>>
>>376471987
You know that's not happening, and that Nintendo will dominate with Mario, right?
>>
File: SonyWinsAgain.png (2MB, 659x979px)
SonyWinsAgain.png
2MB, 659x979px
>>376465105
That's cool and all but won't you list the most important aspect, gaems[\spoiler]
>>
>>376471916
AAA titles for PC usually demand you install Microshit Windows. Indie games run on OS X and Linux as well.

There's not much else to it.
>>
H-Halo 3 Anniversary?
>>
>>376472063
Oh, right, and before I forget: DRM cancer. I've yet to see an indie game use Denuvo.
>>
>>376472042
Literally none of these are actual good games. Maybe the new god of war but this all looks like some indie shit
>>
>>376464048

this game is never coming out
>>
>>376472063
So, Windows is too much, but playing the same games on low settings and at 30fps on an OS that doesn't give you any freedom at all is preferable? The alternative you're choosing is worse in every way for the same reasons you're saying the first and objectively best choice is bad. Just pirate and dual boot Windows 7 and only use it for games.
>>
>>376458220
Microsoft has won the last 2 e3s. With scorpio they can easily win 3 in a row
>>
I really hope Microsoft gets out of the console industry after this gen, they have done nothing but fuck it up since the OG xbox, which i love, but still.

>Paid online was started by microshit
>>
>>376472193
>Maybe the new god of war
Like most of Sony's first-party games it now looks and plays like TLOU.
>>
File: 1382025144373.jpg (527KB, 1282x1352px)
1382025144373.jpg
527KB, 1282x1352px
Sony had a clear vision from the start, they were playing the exclusive game from day 1. They bought up every little game they could and made it exclusive. Remember that shitty Godzilla game? Exclusive. Then, the games they couldn't make exclusive, they made timed exclusive and pretended it was exclusive. A lie by omission is still a lie.

Meanwhile Xbox didn't really seem to have a game plan. They launched by basically saying 'fuck anyone who isn't rich and white' in terms of their 'online only' shit. Then tried to force a kinect camera. Then they spent half their time talking about movies and netflix. THEN they gave what little exclusives they had to PC.

It's funny to think it only takes one room full of retards to ruin two decades of work that M$ spent branding the Xbox.
>>
>>376472256

Original X-box Live when it launched was worth the $50 a year, IMO.

> Free DLC
> Friends List
> Broadband only
> Arenas/Matchmaking
> Basically executing the online console gimmick far better than Sega and others that came before them.

After that generation though? They should've dropped the fee. Especially after they dropped X-box support and didn't increase the friend limit on the 360.
>>
>>376464549
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
I forgot how awful the xbone was

Holy shit what was Microsoft thinking?
Their ideas were fucking insane
>>
>>376471847
I see what you're saying, i just disagree for the most part. I like the content they've added, and since i didn't have to pay for any of it, i really dont care when its added, as long as there's still a playerbase to play the content with. Micros like this are not that bad imo, the only reason GTA has been able to release the Huge updates they have is because of shark cards. If people want to spend money on req packs or shark cards, then im for it, becasue (in these situations anyways) it pays for content that wouldve otherwise been paid DLC
>>
>>376472374
>they were playing the exclusive game from day 1
>Didn't have any exclusive games until year three
Really makes my noggin numb
>>
>>376472247
>So, Windows is too much, but playing the same games on low settings and at 30fps on an OS that doesn't give you any freedom at all is preferable?
Almost. Virtually all good console games are 60 fps. But yes, I'd rather run them at low settings and 1080p then having to deal with WINE or buy a second GPU for PCI-e passthrough.

>Just pirate and dual boot Windows 7 and only use it for games.
I actually tried that but couldn't figure out how to install windows 7. Or windows 10, for that matter, so I just gave up. Dual booting is annoying anyway, and doesn't change the fact that I still have to use Windows.

If I had a second GPU I would use PCI-e passthrough, but then again, my CPU doesn't support VT-d anyway so I'd need an upgrade first.
>>
>>376463628
This post shows a blatant disregard for the financial behemoth that is Azure.
>>
>>376472193
Literally outside of /v/ most peoplee loves these type of games maybe except the weebs ones but you should probably try talking to people outside of /v/ once in a while.
>>
>>376472591
>Azure

Oh you mean the thing that is getting its ass kicked by AWS.
>>
>>376459637
I would love this to happen. It would be hilarious to see.
>>
>>376472458
>>376471847
You should boot it up again at some point, theres a new community made gametype and map in action sack like every week
>>
>>376458220
I couldn't answer this, but a more powerful machine won't do it. Unfortunately, the direct competition, Sony, is strangleholding it.

The only way to take from their audience is to have a comparable or better machine, with comparable or better games, and therefore presenting a better value than the competition. Even with that, the established community on Sony is going to keep adopters from showing up.

So the other option is to take on Nintendo - come with something new that will pull the enthusiasts and reap huge benefits for the average gamer.

But the chances of MS designing a new gaming paradigm that is cost effective, engaging, and accessible to a larger audience, is super slim.

So my best bet: send all of Xbox into R&D mode and nobody comes out of the lab until they make the switch look irrelevant and Sony look like a bitch. what THAT entails exactly, is up to the engineers. Honestly, Surface Book was an achievenment for them, as was their AR goggles. The Surface Dial is quite innovative.
>>
File: 1469297162692.png (756KB, 612x810px)
1469297162692.png
756KB, 612x810px
>>376472193
It's okay to be sad that you'll never play tae's game
>>
>>376471987
True they can't just have Halo 6 with a Beta, they have to have some new ips and some old returning ips. Phil did say they are building studios again so I hope we can see the first fruits of these teams developments. Phil also stated that they're just so games being released this year and next since every time they announce a game three to four years down the line they end up getting cancelled.
>>
>>376472458
But you did pay for it, that's part of the point. You still paid $60 for a Halo game that shipped with far fewer features than any other Halo game you also would have paid $60 for. They themselves set that precedent.

>If people want to spend money on req packs or shark cards, then im for it, becasue (in these situations anyways) it pays for content that wouldve otherwise been paid DLC
No, it just lines pockets. No evidence that money made from micro-purchases goes to actually developing new content, or how much if it does. Halo doesn't even have dedicated servers despite having both an online fee to play at all and microtransactions.

And the problem with microtransactions is that games can and will start to be designed at a core and fundamental level to incentivize their purchase. Look at the new Deus Ex, for example. Let's say the game isn't designed and balanced around what the player can use and do in the game itself, but instead around the idea that they player will have extra resources, health or whatever from their microtransactions.

Anyone not paying is now having an inferior experience, the game is designed from the ground up to incentivize those micro-purchases in that way. This is exactly how mobile games work and its slowly starting to get a foothold in "real" games, look at fucking Overwatch. It's exactly what I've described, a game designed solely to push micro-purchases and nothing more. It made $565 billion in 2016 and has had little more than a couple new characters and paid skins. It's not a matter of whether people pay for them or the ability to ignore them when the game is fundamentally designed around them being there. Its a slippery slope, sure, but look at where we started with DLC and where we are now. Its not going to go away, its just going to get worse.
>>
File: anal beads.gif (994KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
anal beads.gif
994KB, 500x281px
>>376472684
Regardless of market share, it's worth noting that Azure literally doubled in revenue over the course of 2016, and it's still growing on their 2017 quarterlies.

Furthermore, if you consider Office 365 commercial, Azure, and Dynamics 365, the revenue for Microsoft's cloud services were over $14 billion.

Compare to AWS which did about $12 billion in 2016.

It's really a moot point, however, considering we're talking about the profitability and outlook of Microsoft as an entire company, so simply comparing two cloud service offerings doesn't have much bearing on the conversation.

I look forward to additional information you bring up to support and clarify your argument.
>>
>>376458220
they'll prob make it a home automation hub and then it'll all be baked out by 3rd year, like all of Xbox's innovations in each gen
>>
They will bring back Phantasy Star Universe and make the 360 the best place to play online, just like last gen.
>>
>>376472880
Oh I don't own the game or an Xbone, dropping splitscreen for no fucking reason and then telling fans to just buy Xbox Live was the deal-breaker.
>>
>>376472256
Paid online was inevitable if it wasn't for Microsoft online gaming on console would be years behind
>>
Did anyone else forget the Kinect even exists?
What the fuck was the point of that shit
>>
>>376472019
I'm not saying its likely I actually agree with you (although I think Nintendo will announce something else that will get people excited.) What I meant was Microsoft is in the best position to surprise people more than anyone else. No one can guess what they could bring out other than the obvious whereas Sony is the opposite where we can guess pretty much most of what they will show.

But being realistic its Microsoft they will probably just show dumb shit and then something Halo.
>>
>>376473314
It may as well just not exist if I have to pay for it, I'm not using it at all now but would be if it were free.
>>
>>376473315
That was the point, there wasn't a point in the Kinect which is why Phil killed it early in the Xbone's lifespan.
>>
>Good exclusive games
>Implement full cross play between PC and XBL
>Increase their backwards compatibility library
>Lower the price of the console and maybe XBL
>Get more Japanese dev support
>>
>>376473315
>tfw brother regret buying a xbone
Xbox "snap that" was pretty cool tbqh, other than that, it was a shit console that i only played destiny on. The fact that extra shit was on the ps4 made me even more upset but a free console right? Gave it back like a year later and played pc for a lwhile and finally bought a pro in 2017 because it finally got games i wanted to play and also finally got the hawkmoon after repurchasing the GOTY of destiny for like $30
Sorry for the blogpost
>>
>>376473390
While I am excited for Halo 6 now (I know surprising right), I really do hope they come out strong with new ips and returning old ips. The Xbox really needs it. Nintendo needs to do the same thing, I want 2.5D Metroid Dread for the 3DS or Switch Nintendo.
>>
Just give me crackdown 3 already
>>
>>376472967
>The only way to take from their audience is to have comparable or better games
ftfy

Weaker consoles outsell powerful consoles all the time. At the end of the day, games are the only thing the mass market cares about. Shiny graphics are only argued about in a subdemographic of elitists so far down the rabbit hole that they're no longer able to enjoy media.
>>
>>376473226
So what am i to do about it? I play the games my friends play because they're more fun that way. If it try to boycott MC by selling my xbone and not playing their games anymore then ive just alienated all of my internet friends and have to start from square one. It takes far too much effort to worry about the industry and shit like that, i just want to play games that i like. And even if i do pull the trigger and drop MC and companies that use MTs it wont make a difference, ill just be depressed because i have no one to play vidya with.
>>
>>376473513
>>Good exclusive games

Well, this is MS we're talking

>>Implement full cross play between PC and XBL

Unlikely as fuck, Sony is the only one implementing crossplay with PC, that's why FF XIV isn't on Xbone

>>Increase their backwards compatibility library

Eh I guess

>>Lower the price of the console and maybe XBL

They can't lose more money

>>Get more Japanese dev support

They try but it's irrelevant at this point
>>
It comes with a full-featured Windows OS. That would decimate the competiton.
>>
>>376470661
I totally disagree. The ADS is not just unnecessary, it's optional. I don't play with it.

There changes were not to grab a diff audience, once you've played you'll see, the changes were to change the pace of classic Halo. This game feels more like how one remembers Halo feeling than how it actually played.

Frankly, I'm a Halo hardcore, and massively biased, but Halo 5 is the best competitive sandbox in the Halo franchise.

The Micro transactions are entirely cosmetic, and can all be purchased through an in game currency. I'm not down for nickel and diming, but frankly, if people more susceptible than I are buying to pay for my future free DLC, I'm not going to complain. As a matter of fact, I think it's a really effective way to create revenue stream that follows users to their usage habits.

and BTB is just 8v8, you could do that, or what, 12vs12, anytime you like since launch.

Yes they were lacking bespoke maps built around BtB, which is also one of my biggest gripes, but the game was laser focused on arena 4v4. They also ignored vehicles for the most part, a major failing IMO.

They are partially out of touch, but the arena they made hit the nail on the head. This is the most fun I've ever had playing Halo on a purely mechanical standpoint (with few exceptions).
>>
>>376473469
Infrastructure,servers,technicians programmers all cost money if it wasn't for the Xbox live pay model we would be paying a subscription like wow has for every online game with half the reliability.$10-15 dollars a month for every game think about it.
>>
Why do some people think that Sony will show PS5 at E3 this year?
>>
File: Xbox_one_logo.svg.png (106KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox_one_logo.svg.png
106KB, 2000x2000px
Their goal will be to advertise the Scorpio as the next thing. Almost as a new console generation.

It will be a very difficult thing to due considering the timing and their current partnerships.
Nobody gives a fuck about exclusives anymore, but they do care about AAA multi plats and the "best place to play them". Sony has deals to exclusively advertise RDR2, Cod WW2, Destiny 2, Star Wars BattlEAfront 2 just to name a few. And although every single one of those games will run better on the Scorpio, they will be featured at Sony's conference and every commercial for them will end with a PS4 logo.

I can almost guarantee you right now that Microsoft will try to show off the Scorpio with Forza 7. Seriously, fucking screencap this. It will look great, but it's a niche series that won't do anything to expand the base.

I honestly have no idea how MS is going to pull this off. I'm not saying they can't. I'm not a console fanboy so I have no loyalty to either brand, but the odds just seem too stacked in Sony's favor. We will just have to see.
>>
>>376473945
Crossplay already exists with Gears, and they said it's doing well. I don't see why they couldn't do it with all their games. The problem would be 3rd party titles I guess.
>>
>>376469806
I don't want Rare touching Banjo after that Young Conker abomination. Yooka Laylee got shit scores too, so I doubt MS would be willing to invest in a platformer.
>>376469201
No Halo fps to be released this year already confirmed. Maybe Halo 6 teaser at E3 but no release.
>>376464048
Goddamn I really want Cuphead to get a physical release on the Bone
>>376463117
>Phantom Dust cancelled
Literally got gameplay last week
>>376458220
By releasing first party games and having all the relevant multiplats run at 4K on Scorpio.
>>376473731
Honestly the only game I'm excited for besides Shenmue 3
>>
They'll market the whole thing on scorpio having the best version of RDR2, and people will buy it just for that in the beginning, but it'll die out again once people realize they're still going to port their one game per year to PC
>>
>>376473779
>It takes far too much effort to worry about the industry and shit like that, i just want to play games that i like
I get that, but I also can't play all the games I like because they don't do what I want them to do anymore. I just can't get what I want out of a Halo game from Halo 5, they cut the features. I can't have friends over to play anymore, and I was never going to pay for Xbox Live so Halo 5 may as well just not exist as far as I'm concerned since they made it online-only beyond the single-player campaign.

And lots of games are cutting corners like this and adding fucking loot boxes, its an industry-wide problem and giving publishers money for doing it just means we'll keep getting it. If the Xbone had real backward compatibility at launch instead of the $100 spycam and games weren't cutting features, I'd probably have bought one, but the easiest way to make sure you're not going to succeed in the long-term is to alienate your core fanbase in the pursuit of some quick profits.
>>
>>376474454
Crossplay is limited as fuck with the play anywhere program. Nobody likes the Windows 10 store and interface. Halo Wars 2 is dead on W10. Halo 5 is dead on W10. Forza 6 is dead on Windows 10. Halo 6 will release on Windows 10 but won't have crossplay die to M/KB > Controller (same reasoning for HW2) and thus will also die.
>>
File: 1486904699809.png (34KB, 196x197px)
1486904699809.png
34KB, 196x197px
What are Nintendo's chances looking like this year lads?
>>
>>376474667
Yeah, so who cares about whiny pc niggers who shit their diapers in their basement when they dont get their preferred form of drm?
>>
>>376474786
I'm just pointing out that the common method of discrediting the Xbone lineup as "it's also on PC" is a flawed argument.
>>
>>376473226
The game is fundamentally designed to generate revenue as it continues to be played, therefore important game mechanics cannot be left out at launch or else nobody would be playing it.

I see your gripe but you're overstating the effect on a game Microtransactions have (in a best case scenario).

A game like Overwatch or Halo or LoL persists because it has an unbelievably solid premise and mechanical foundation that despite there being no costumes at launch, people play simply to fulfill the compulsive satisfaction of playing the game. Mechanically, fundamentally, the game is complete. For everyone playing.

Technically, these are some of the best designed games you can find. Games like Clash of Clans are harmful, because they literally pause your enjoyment and hide satisfaction behind a paywall.

You do not need to pay, ever, in the aforementioned games, to enjoy their mechanics to their full potential.

As a matter of fact, because of the microstransactions, the games will grow to include new, entirely different mechanics (like the unspeakably rich Forge mode in Halo 5, or the monthly content updates that spanned the entire first year of the game) that allows the game to burgeon and be exactly what you want from it without having to spend a dime.
>>
>>376474925
Oh, then i agree with you. 20 pc shitstains on 4chan saying theyre going to buy halo on windows 10 doesn't amount to shit. Things will always sell better on consoles and have better exposure
>>
>>376474176
>The ADS is not just unnecessary, it's optional. I don't play with it.
That doesn't make it optional, though. I'd have been fine if they just added it to automatic weapons but they didn't need to replace scopes on everything else.

>The Micro transactions are entirely cosmetic
>>376473226
Its a slippery slope but loot boxes are fucking cancer. They are not just cosmetic, their presence in the game took time and resources away from other things and, most importantly, if they're optional and cosmetic and can be attained in other ways, why do they even ask for real money at all? They are not paying for other content, Halo 5 shipped with less content in the first place. You're paying to play the game you already paid $60 for with Xbox Live, where is that money going? Not to servers.

And the lack of any/all local play is insulting and indefensible, the multiplayer will be unplayable when servers are gone all because MS wanted more Livebux. I don't know why you're not more angry about that if you like the MP so much, it's literally on a ticking clock and makes playing competitively harder since there's no LAN either. They are 100% completely out of touch with what fans want.
>>
>>376473002
Who

>>376472647
I am a crossboarder faggot and most ps4 exclusives sell bad
>>376472314

Only playstation exclusive I respect is the god of war series and that is because the bossfights are cool and I like the mythology
>>
>>376474232
If console games actually had dedicated servers it'd be justifiable, but they don't.
>>
>>376474667
Eh they should still enable crossplay for Halo 6 regardless of the KBM vs controller argument. If people don't want to play against PC players then just give them the option to exclude them from their queue like SFV. Controllers have aim assist which should even things out a bit anyways.
>>
>>376475193
>why do they even ask for real money at all?
>They are not paying for other content, Halo 5 shipped with less content in the first place. You're paying to play the game you already paid $60 for with Xbox Live, where is that money going? Not to servers.

They ask for real money because developers have seen through watching player habits that when given the option to pay for increment cosmetic content or grind for it, their need to brag overrides their need to save.

The HCS prize pool was generated through micro transaction purchases. Therefore the community was funding itself.

As for XBL, that's an entirely different conversation. That has nothing to do with microtransactions.

Sure the XBL network is relatively reliable, and in the days of OGXbox and PS2, there was a difference, but yeah nobody probably ever had to pay for it. But it was a huge service at the time and I'm sure the first gen of XBL was probably pretty expensive. After that, prob pure profit.
>>
>>376474946
>You do not need to pay, ever, in the aforementioned games, to enjoy their mechanics to their full potential.
But those mechanics are designed at a core level to facilitate the purchase of microtransactions, that's the point. Yes, you can enjoy them without spending money, but what's there to enjoy is still colored and affected by the presence of microtransactions and ignoring them doesn't remove those effects.

I fear the increasingly indifferent-to-warm attitude toward lootboxes in traditional console/PC games, like Overwatch, CoD and Halo, will eventually lead to games being much more heavily designed around getting players to purchase them, whether it be by way of balance, amount of content or just appealing to people's general consumerism and taunting them with collectibles and skins. Yes, you can ignore them, but again I fear this goers beyond that, it will start to affect how games are structured and designed.

Say a new CoD campaign has lootboxes, you may now have a much harder and less enjoyable time playing without buying those lootboxes due to them affecting any number of variables. Sure, you can ignore them, but the game is designed in such a way that it incentivizes those purchases, in this case by offering a non-buyer a less-enjoyable experience. Its slowly becoming standardized and I think that's very bad for us.

And of course I'm overstating, I said it was a slippery slope. People talked like this about DLC on consoles 10-15 years ago and we've basically arrived right where skeptics expected. Sure, you could ignore the horse armor in Oblivion, but that didn't stop us from ending up with $50 season passes with content ripped out of the base game.

And honestly my biggest problem with Halo is that it's online-only, they can fuck themselves just for that after Spencer's response.
>>
>>376475274
Don't halo 5, titanfall, and forza horizon 3 run off dedicated servers?? Someone in the know correct me if I am wrong.
>>
>>376472753
Why would it be hilarious? Would it be funny because of the irony of Microsoft being the only console manufacturer having free online?
>>
NEW

VIVA

PINATA

Scorpions will sell out in record numbers
>>
>>376459637
XBL is what keeps the division afloat they will never cut it. Ever.
>>
File: Optimized-unknown.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-unknown.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Why are you not playing Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels right now?

The game has been fixed on PC and the FPS has dramatically improved.
>>
>>376470241
The reboot/sequel got cancelled. What we get is not a remake, not a remaster, but an HD port. JUST a fucking port.
>>
>>376476283
Bullshit
>>
>>376476283
Cool I missed it the first time it will be fun to check it out.
>>
>>376476221
Game is super expensive where I live because Microsoft are cunts and think they can charge 3 times the price of normal releases just because it also means you get the Xbox One version.
>>
>>376475796
Right, they charge because they can, they see a way to make a lot of money and as a result tailor a game mode, or in some cases the entire game, around that model.

>The HCS prize pool was generated through micro transaction purchases. Therefore the community was funding itself.
I couldn't care less about the HCS, where's the splitscreen and BTB maps?
>>
>>376475224
>I am a crossboarder faggot and most ps4 exclusives sell bad
I meant real life you fucking autist, is 4chan your home? Lmfao
>implying /v/tendogaf don't post on other boards too
>>
>>376475193
As long as it means we get free maps and shit I say loot boxes are better than traditional DLC. Before you would have to pay for map packs, now maps and updates are free because the loot boxes generate enough revenue to keep the game alive.
>>
>>376476127
No
>>
>MS's E3 will just be videos of them cancelling games
>>
>>376476365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imfEL1N12CA

>>376476368
True, and it's on PC as well this time, so mustards have no excuse to not play it.
>>
>>376476476
>being this mad

My real life friends mostly play shooters and games like gta. No weeb or sjw shit like those games that were posted
>>
>>376458220
Probably cancel another game.
>>
>>376476526
Ideally you'd have neither, but I still disagree. Micropaying is just the next step after paid DLC, and it's not going to suddenly turn around and go somewhere good next.

The "traditional" model of making and selling a complete $60 game on consoles isn't turning as big a profit as it used to while micro-purchases on mobile and other games make more money than everything else on consoles combined.

I don't think we're going to see these micro-payments essentially continue to subsidize the traditional console model for that content I'd still argue shouldn't cost extra in the first place, we'll just see it eventually take over because anything else will not be as profitable or may even be flat-out unsustainable.
>>
File: 1446111321095.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446111321095.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>376476702

>GTA and shooters
>genres rife with censorship
>not SJW
>>
>>376475785
Then the PC playerbase will be dead because no console player will enable that
>>
>>376476702
>being this mad
Says who?if anything you seem to be upset for me calling you an autist.

>My real life friends mostly play shooters and games like gta.
Wow, it's like almost everyone plays these type of games
>sjw shit
???, I don't know about you but normalfags love shit like uncharted, GoW, and TLOU, and also horizon. Also the only sjw game on the list is Uncharted but i guess shitposters like you will call anything with a female lead "sjw" as long as she's not cute.

>no weeb
Yup, this is where you're right and i agreed with you on this
>>
AYO
*cancels game
SO YOU BE TELLIN ME
*releases pizza app
SONY IS FINISHED N SHIEEET
*ports to PC
>>
>>376476526
>because the loot boxes generate enough revenue to keep the game alive
That's just what they spin it as so people won't call them out on their bullshit. The $60 they get paid for the game and the $60 they charge to be able to actually play it keep the game alive.
>>
>>376459982
Let's be real, most PC gamers weren't going to buy their games regardless of dumb excuses like "I don't want to use Windows 10" or were port begging for them to be on Steam. Even then, I imagine most would pirate them because of how much they hate Microsoft.
>>
>>376477346
>This victim complex
If the Halo games were on Steam I'd be renting all of them indefinitely.
>>
>>376458220
They can't. Sony hit all the right spots at all the right times. PlayStation is more popular world wide and people like action adventures more now than ever. Especially in America. Microsoft is in a bad spot and needs to appeal to the masses instead of classic Americana gamers.
>>
>>376476141
Yes, that's what would make it funny. Xbox Live is free while Nintendo and Sony have just started charging for online for the Switch and PS4, which is because Xbox were the ones with the idea to charge money for online in the first place. Doubt it'll happen though.
>>
>>376458220
All they have to do is tease Halo 6 and have the Cuckpio release at $499 and the shills they need to coast along will be there day one.
>>
>>376476529
I looked it up apparently all xbone games run off dedicated servers. Who knew
>>
File: 1410389759362s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1410389759362s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>376458220
E3 2017
>Microsoft has no exclusives
>Sony introduces new weeb exclusives that'll make everyone say they won.
>Nintendo will announce games for the switch that are not zelda and have a positive response even if the games are meh.
>EA will have another person talk incoherently non-stop about sports
>>
>>376477315
Also, if the games need lootboxes to not be massive money-sinks for the developer/publisher, I'd argue they should scale back their games and budget more realistically.

We'd get more content and wouldn't have to pay out the ass so the publisher can meet their wholly unrealistic earnings projection.
>>
>>376477147
You posted some shitty ps4 games 95% of the gamers don't like and are mad that I called them out for being shit.

Yes and "everyone" doesn't like those shitty ps4 games
>only sjw game is uncharted
What is the last of us (2) + dlc
What is horizon zero dawn

Those are sjw af
>>
>>376477835
They don't, most games use P2P
>>
>>376477650
>If the Halo games were on Steam I'd be renting all of them indefinitely.
Most wouldnt. PC gamers don't care about halo by and large. You can Olay halo 3 on PC right now FOR FREE and it's next to dead.
>>
>>376477973
Neither of them are sjw
Just because a game isn't pro-Nazi doesn't mean it's sjw
Back to pol with you
>>
>>376478035
Only cod and ea games use different servers and in titanfalls case they used azure servers look it up.
>>
>>376477973
>95% of the gamers don't like and are mad that I called them out for being shit.
Where are you getting these statistics that 95% of gamers don't like them?
>What is the last of us (2) + dlc
TLOU 2 isn't even out yet.
>DLC
Alright, I totally forgot about that because I personally didn't find the game good enough to buy the DLC.

>what is horizion zero dawn
What's sjw about this game?
>>
>>376478257
Point being its up to the publisher, you paying MS $60 a year has nothing to do with whether or not games have dedicated servers.
>>
>>376478296
I sure do hope TLOU 2 doesn't have shitty ai enemies like the first one. I was actually disappointed that they lied about it.
>>
All they need to do is guarantee 60fps and 1080p, and 30fps 4k minimums and I would buy 10.
>>
>>376478354
did you even fucking read the previous posts?
>>
>>376478490
The enemy AI is great in the last of us
>>
>>376478490
I think I would've enjoyed playing TLOU if i didn't watch it on YouTube like years before getting a ps4. I'm not sure if I'll be shilling out $60 for the new one, unless the gameplay gets much more action packed
>>
>>376478768
Not really, I could crouch in front of them and they'd still not see me. They were really easy.
>>
File: 1474938040721.gif (2MB, 239x320px) Image search: [Google]
1474938040721.gif
2MB, 239x320px
>>376478768
>The enemy AI is great in the last of us
>>
>>376478242
>muh /pol/ boogyman

K tumblr feggit
>>
>>376478813
Unless the ai's get better, their will probably be little gameplay. The first one felt like I was watching a movie rather than play a game.
>>
>>376478735
Again, you paying for Xbox Live does not pay for dedicated servers, that's up to the publisher.
>>
>>376478992
Infrastructure,servers,technicians programmers all cost money if it wasn't for the Xbox live pay model we would be paying a subscription like wow has for every online game with half the reliability.$10-15 dollars a month for every game think about it.
>>
>>376465658
>XBL is the most profitable service inside Xbox brand

It's the only profitable service.
>>
>>376462302
>Minecraft

I swear to fuck, if they spend another 5+ minutes on Minecraft again.

Why can't they save that shit for Minecraft Con?
>>
>>376478992
True but Microsoft made their servers available for free.
>>
>>376459637
Holy shit yes this
>>
>>376479073
Not the guy you're talking to, but the publishers do have influence on it. Gow3 used to have dedicated servers for years but after gow1 remaster they switched to p2p which really sucked.
>>
>>376462302
>Crackdown
indefinitely delayed
>Forza 7 Motorsports
i like Forza, but not a system seller
>Sea of Thieves
indefinitely delayed
>Ori and the Will of the Wisp
not a system seller
>Minecraft Windows 10 edition for Xbox
lol
>>
>>376479073
>If it wasn't this, it'd be this other thing
And if I had wheels I'd be a wagon. But that's not what happened.

And we're heading that way anyway, that's the next step, not an alternative one we could have taken.

I fully expect to see another game streaming service from one of the big publishers in the next several years, and a service model is likely where publishers would love to end up. Next to no cost for them, its all digital, no control on the user's end and they all pay a subscription like Netflix.
>>
>>376479169
At least for 360, fuck Xbone. Would love to see people play Halo 3 again.
>>
>>376479294
Yes but the only one pushing that future is Sony with psnow. Microsofts yet to be released subscription service lets you download the full game.
>>
Xbox 1.5 is enough.
>>
>>376479268
>Sea of Thieves
>indefinitely delayed
They had an update talking about it a few weeks ago
>>
>>376479490
It already has one with EA access and is about to get another with Xbox rental service.
And instead of streaming, you download them
>>
>>376465105

>better system
All consoles are shit this gen
>better controller
True but not much. The DS4 is great too
>more options like the snapfunctions
Which appeal absolutely nobody
>faster download speed
What?
>faster updates
False
>backwards compatibility
This is probably the only real appeal
>Phil spencer
kek
>Xbox marketplace has the cheapest games
*citation needed
>even cheaper than steam
No
>better games with gold
What is this supposed to mean?
>ea access
And is this a good thing... why?

got me baited but yeah, most of these are moot points.
>>
literally every complaint in op's post is a different way of saying xbox has no games.
>How can microsoft win E3?
get games.
>>
>>376479728
>>376479490
Either way it's bad and just sends the message that they can keep pushing in that direction. And it probably won't be like movies or TV where you still have options outside that subscription, you can still go buy a physical copy of a movie or show, it'll be the rental/streaming service or nothing for new games if that becomes standardized.
>>
>>376478962
You didn't play it then
Why do so many people lie about playing that game on here?
>>
File: 1479974924235.png (2KB, 243x190px) Image search: [Google]
1479974924235.png
2KB, 243x190px
>>376458220
>How can Microsoft win E3?

1, To celebrate Scorpio, make Xbox Live free for the remainder of the year.
1.A; Your subscription would start from where it left off at the start of 2018.

That would easily get people to buy an Xbone.

2, They need a game that would BTFO Sony PS4 owners.

They need to land a sweet deal with a game that is NOT NEW, but dead or currently existing that matters. Some candidates;

Lost Odyssey 2 + Lost Odyssey 1 Remake or HD collection.
A Square Enix IP exclusive to Xbone
A Japanese studio brand new IP exclusive to Xbone or have exclusive features while not being an Xbone exclusive (But this is really hard since Japan studios give no fucks about Xbone since Japanese gamers give no fucks about Xbone)
Phantom Dust 2 needs to be REAL!
Make Ninja Gaiden 4 exclusive to Xbone even if it's for one fucking year.

A typical western game exclusive is NOT going to cut it. They have done this in the past, it just doesn't work. This issue with Xbone is that it doesn't have Japanese games while the PS4 has both western and Japanese games. Xbone needs more Japanese games!

And if all else fails... gets some Korean/China devs to port their games (which is mostly MMO shit) to Xbone.
>>
>>376480562
Good argument, you really got me. Care to back up your reasoning of knowing whether or not I actually played the game or are you just a shill?
>>
>>376465105
>muh updates
>muh gimmicks
>muh free Evolve

lol
>>
>>376480754
You didn't play it because what you said was something nobody who played the game would say
>>
>>376459637
They already riddled the home menu with Ads on a large install base! Surely that ad revenue can cover matchmaking server costs at least!?
>>
File: xb.png (2MB, 1049x801px) Image search: [Google]
xb.png
2MB, 1049x801px
>>376458220
If these games came out today, would they get Xbone ports? Or would they all be PS4 exclusive?
>>
>>376481127
I don't know about Nier, but yes to everything else
>>
>>376480727
Nobody cares about Japanese games.
It's entirely AAA western multiplats that run the industry
>>
>>376481267
>Nobody
You don't know what that word means or what?
>>
File: 20170509_211726.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
20170509_211726.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>376480997
Are you retarded? What rock do you hide under. You must realize that not everybody has the same opinion as you right?
>>
>>376463926
>Ori and Cup Head will both be contenders for GOTY
Wait, what? Ori came out like 3 years ago and Cuphead is fucking vaporware.
>>
>>376481567
Your opinion is wrong
>>
>>376464549
This was so good. It reminded me of edgy 90s/early 00s marketing. Shame that ever since then it's just been "greatness awaits" and cinematic trailers with a bit of nostalgia pandering and zero actual fucking video games.
>>
>>376481267
If that's true then why are people buying PS4 over Xbone?

Whenever I ask them why they all say because PS4 has XY and Z which are made by Japanese studios and can only be purchased on PS4... and/or PC. BUt don't exist at all on the Xbone. Why do you think people are always looking forward to Sony's conference more so then Microsoft's conference?

THEY NEED TO BRANCH OUT! Say what you want, but the evidence already exist. They need something that would strike the heart of the Japanese culture. Ninja Gaiden 4 a an exclusive to Xbone would make sense because in the pass it was exclusive to Xbox. They need something like that again.
>>
>>376481705
Haha, how old are you? 14? Your naivety is cute.
>>
>>376481852
Upvoted
>>
>>376458220
minecraft 2
>>
>>376482265
shit... they just might next year
>>
>>376458220
Same as always: games. Content is king.

It wouldn't take much. A From Software exclusive here, a Platinum (haha) exclusive there. It would be nice if they had better first party exclusives, or a publisher that exclusively caters to them like Naughty Dog does for Sony.

Gears of War and Halo are pretty much dead series. They've been tapped for too long. Need new IP.
>>
>have most powerful console
>price it extremely competitively
>release 2/3 major exclusive IP's
>announce another 2/3 exclusive IP's to build interest for the future
>announce an attractive game pass library
>announce some other good deals of owning an Xbox this year

Done.
>>
>>376482265
The Notch shitposting will be gold.
>>
Why does Xbox attract the most retarded fans? Every Xbot I've met has been some massive douche who never grew out of high school or is dumb as shit. I'd rather deal with the other console/PC fans than Xbots.
>>
>>376482830
I can say the same for pretty much every PlayStation fanboy I've ever met.
>>
>>376482265
There's no reason to considering how much of a cashcow Minecraft already is.
>>
>>376458220
New IPs
I couldn't care less about Forza/Gears/Halo/Crackdown
>>
Crackdowns the only open world game i ever enjoyed, still remember buying it for the halo 3 beta a decade ago. So more of that plus destruction is enough for me
>>
>>376482830
>>376483201
Everybody that shills for a console is pretty much like that.
>>
>>376483725
Not in my experience. The shilling/fanboyism is usually only on internet forums and never in face to face conversation. 99% of people who I know own any platform don't care for any of the fanboyism stuff because they're mostly all casuals who play on their respective platform because their friends all play on it or because it was cheap on sale at the time of purchase. I only know of 2 fanboys are they're both hardcore Sony fanboys. The first is some obese Asian guy who literally stormed out of my house when I said some shit about TLoU and the 2nd is some autistic 18 year old who walks around in public with fucking razer kraken headset like it's dre beats.
>>
>>376464087
>>376467551

mein fucking niggers this was the best multiplayer game on 360 besides halo.
>>
>>376481438
You're right. Nobody is technically incorrect.
I should specify that I mean it's not a discernable number that would effect the trajectory of success in the industry.

>>376481820
>If that's true then why are people buying PS4 over Xbone?
Because it launched $100 cheaper and has made the partnerships with more AAA publishers. Every time you see COD, battlefront, Destiny, GTA, etc. commercial, it ends with a PS4 logo. That gives off the impression that that's what you should have to play the game in question. The $100 price difference is important because it allowed the PS4 to get an early lead and after a while since more people had one, others chose to get the console their friends already had. They DID NOT buy them to play eastern games. And the sales data reflects that
>>
>>376484129
I've met plenty of sony and xbox shills in college that act like that. Though most of every sony shill i've met liked anime, like sao,aot, etc.. I cringe being near them.
>>
>>376485000
It's cringe being next to anyone who talks about anime in public in general. They're all turbo autists too. Actually now that I think about it i haven't met a chadbro who actually watches anime, or admits to liking it at the least. Chadbros and normies all talk about breaking bad and game of thrones. Chicks all talk about those shows too.
>>
>>376469310
>Ryse

kek

Love how you faggots continually overrate the shit you've been eating
>>
>>376485341
It's funny because they've given away ryse for free like 4 times now
>>
>>376469847
>Well known

First I've heard of it. Is this another conspiracy theory along with "They were siphoning cash to the Nier project!!!!" even though Square-Enix was funding that?
>>
>>376485301
Yup, I never talk to others about anime. Only tv shows and movies. I only talk to my closest friends about anime and not in public. Theirs just things you should never talk about in public.
>>
>>376482830
Because your average Xbox fan is either a teenager who doesn't know any better or a bitter middle-aged loser still angry Sega got BTFO.
>>
>>376486134
You must be really detached from society.
>>
The scorpio won't matter at all if devs don't take advantage of it's power. If we got confirmation that games would run at high fps and looked better on scorpio, without gimping the xbone edition then it would be interesting.
As of right now though it just seems that it's going to be upscaled graphics.

Also for the love of god announce some goddamn exclusives that won't get cancelled
>>
>>376476216
Xbox was red for almost it's entire existence.
>>
>>376487673
Incorrect
>>
>>376477836
i'm so excited
>>
>>376458220
They're gonna show off their new console, probably some new flagship software on their new consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a slightly better RDR on their new Xbox.
>>
>>376489156
i'm honestly expecting RDR2 to be the biggest showcase of its power even though sony owns the marketing rights. probably a 1440p on pro vs 1800p on scorpio situation. i don't think R* wants another gta 4 ps3 situation again after they pretty much botched the ps3 port and got a ton of shit for doing that. gta 5 on the ps3 was pretty much optimized like a first party studio would have optimized it. they'll do the same with the scorpio imo.
>>
>Microsoft have to justify both the Xbone exclusives for this Year

>AND Justify Scorpio

GG Microsoft
>>
>>376481127
They would be PC + PS4, thats the way Japanese games go now a days. Catherine might've been PS4 exclusive though
>>
How about getting an IP from Capcom that isnt boring

Dead Rising lost it's appeal

Sony gets fucking Street Fighter V

Fucking NIntendo gets Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter
>>
Im looking forward to Sea of Theives

even more now that Playtonic showed themselves as hacks with the main developers of Rare still in Modern Rare
>>
A new IP.
>>
>>376490146
Lol, dead rising is boring, but shitty fucking fighting games and clunky garbage monster hunter isnt? Get real, dead rising, resident evil, and ace attorney are the best things capcom has
>>
>>376458220
Elder Scrolls 6 PC and Xbone only because Sony won't let Todd have full mod support
>>
>>376485392
>they've given away ryse for free like 4 times now
False
>>
File: IMG_0564.jpg (34KB, 640x428px)
IMG_0564.jpg
34KB, 640x428px
All I want is Sea of Thieves to prove Modern Rare still got it
>>
An Xbox-exclusive Star Wars RPG akin to KotOR with heavy mutliplayer/co-op elements could do it.

MS, moreso than any other company, could highly benefit from investing into fresh indie developers to revive the creativity aspect of the modern video game.

Big AAA developers are simply too focused on video games as profit.
>>
>>376490759
Greg mayles is a key designer, its all good homie

Been playing kameo recently on rare replay and i cant believe i never played it on 360.
>>
>>376484678
>bloodborne didn't make it to top 25

Wow. You'd think such a highly-praised game would be more successful.
>>
>>376490759

The game's alpha has been pretty nice

It still has the British humor

The issue is if they'll ever finish development before Microsoft cuts the cable just like Scalebound and Fable legends
>>
>>376491407

Fable legends was trash and deserves to die

It's the type of game that should've been on Wii U
>>
>>376491267
wow its almost like this shitty anime board is representive of 1% of the market or something lol
>>
>>376458220
Hopefully they've learned that a system can't survive on only Gears of War and Halo.
>>
>>376491561
Plenty of people grew up watching very popular Anime, like Dragonball Z, or Naruto.

They're very simple, action-packed, and addicting, just like Bloodborne. I wonder why it isn't as popular as it deserves to be.
>>
File: 1413839179163.jpg (90KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
1413839179163.jpg
90KB, 960x643px
Not much they can do now. Sony has this gen in the bag. All they can really do is hold on to what they have. They need to give people reasons to turn on their Xbox One. They kinda shot themselves in the foot with the play anywhere initiative.
>>
>>376491517
>third party game
>on wii u
haha good one
>>
Sell it to Nintendo. BTFO Sony
Thread posts: 399
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.