[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFXIV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 104

File: ff.png (595KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
595KB, 1200x630px
can anyone give me a quick rundown of astrologian?

final fantasy XIV thread
>>
>>376455926
when does the games story stop being shit?
>>
>>376455926
Just google it. Shits not hard to figure out. Heal people, provide buffs, and debuff status ailments.
>>
Can act as either WHM or SCH with stances. Much easier to heal as because some healing can be instant-cast. Provides damage boosting buffs to the entire raid (broken as fuck). I don't see how anyone can play anything else. I can't go back to SCH or WHM anymore.
>>
>>376455926
WHM with RNG buffs, infinite MP and a SCH mode.

>>376456237
When you change your job to uninstall wizard.
>>
>Adders in frot
>behind Mael
>could win if we get the last big crystal down in time
>Mael isn't there
>few of us secure and attack the ice
>meanwhile half of our alliances is busy with dead third Flames as a revenge of earlier
>Mael steamrolls us
>they win
FUCK THIS SHIT

STOP BEING SO RETARDED CHAOS
>>
File: IMG_5054.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5054.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376456237
Base game? Right around when the Garleans show up. After that it stops being interesting until the feast happens before HW, then fluctuates from being good and bad throughout it. Currently it's on a even slope; could be better but at least we're not actively hunting primals.
>>
>>376458238
>Flames and Adders constantly fight eachother
>If Flames crush the Adders, they come after Maelstrom and win
>if Flames end up in stalemate with Adders, Maelstrom just backstabs everyone and wins

Every time
>>
>>376455926
-Bibliothecs bow to Astrologians
-In contact with the dragonstar
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control Sharlayan with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal Allagan blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on the Moon
-Own 99% of Allagan DNA editing research facilities in Eorzea
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be AST babies
-all ASTs said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Hydaelyn has only existed deep in secret Allagan science facilities
-Ancient Lalafellin scriptures tell of ASTs who will descend upon Hydaelyn and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own magitek labs around the world
-You likely have Aspected Benefic cast on you right now
-The ASTs are in regular communication with the Twelve, forwarding the word of Halone to the Ishgardian Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Ascian high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1500 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Azys Lla in history literally a few days later?
-They learned fluent Dragonspeak in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Milzaneth Sacracrium, only in Sharlayan
-ASTs are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.
>>
>>376458780
Last night I had a 24-man Shatter match with Adders where Flames kept Mael busy and let us win.

It was like christmas.
>>
>>376456412
>Just Google it
Please don't do this. The AST guides that are out there are absolutely fucking disgusting. They typically recommend putting The Arrow on NIN, MNK and MCH.

>>376455926
AST is a healer with buffs and DoTs. They have a really early instant heal named Essential Dignity which can sort of be compared to WHM's level 60 skill tetragrammaton, but not really.

Basically you have two sects or "stances" that can only be chosen outside of combat (unless you don't have one applied already). Diurnal Sect and Nocturnal Sect. Diurnal Sect gives you HoT abilities and faster cast time on all spells, while Nocturnal Sect gives you mini-stoneskin shields that shield an amount of damage before disappearing, it also increases healing done by a certain percent.

You want to be in Diurnal since it's more effective in terms of damage dealing. Yes, I said damage dealing. Don't think you'll be sitting there and wanking off while playing wack-a-mole with the health bars. If you do that you're a shit healer. ASTs have two main DoTs: Combust I and Combust II. The latter lasts for 30 seconds, but has a cast time. The former lasts 18 seconds, but is instant cast. They cannot miss. You can (should and must) cross class skill Aero from WHM. If they are up you spam Malefic II and heal when you need to while jumping in and out of cleric stance.

Always apply DoTs while in cleric stance. Otherwise they'll tick for fucking nothing.

AST's main shtick is their buff cards. They are as follows:
>The Balance - Increases damage dealt
>The Bole - Decreases damage taken
>The Spear - Reduces cooldown on skills used while it is active
>The Arrow - Reduces cast times on spells and skills, reduces time between auto attacks GCD.
>The Spire - Restores about 150TP
>The Ewer - Restores about 1325MP

You can sacrifice cards (Royal Road) to enhance/expand or extend the buffs.
>Enhance (increase potency): Balance/Bole
>Extend (duration): Spear/Arrow
>Expand (AoE): Spire/Ewer
>>
File: 1482507205458.jpg (294KB, 674x776px) Image search: [Google]
1482507205458.jpg
294KB, 674x776px
>>
>>376459128
nice write-up, thanks. who should get which buffs? reduced time between auto-attack and GCD sounds pretty good for a melee like MNK, but you said that was bad advice. why?
>>
File: 1474345138085.jpg (46KB, 352x475px) Image search: [Google]
1474345138085.jpg
46KB, 352x475px
>>376458784
Thanks for this.
>>
>>376459960
BLM should usually get Arrow because of big dick casts. Putting it on TP classes makes them use TP way faster which is not bene.
>>
>>376459128
Both Combusts are still beholden to accuracy and can miss.

Also, regarding cards, never ever ever ever play a spear. It only affects off-global cooldown abilities and even then not retroactively, -and- every class that's reliant on oGCD skills already has their cooldowns lined up if they're not a mouthbreather.
Similarly, don't hold on to ewers and spires, since their effect is too minor to be worth anything, their primary use is to be royal roaded in 8man content and additional junk during 4man content.
Boles are situational, and should only be played if you know a big hit is incoming and you happen to have one drawn. Like the spear, ewer, and spire, they have no business being your held card.

Basically you're trying to toss out expanded(royal roaded ewer/spire) Balance or Arrow cards in 8man content and enhanced/extended(or expanded, if that's what you drew) Balances and Arrows in 4man content.
>>
>>376459128
Cont.

Using an extended or enhanced one is pretty telling. They extend the duration while enhanced increases the effect. So instead of doing 10% more damage using the Balance, the buff now increases damage done by 15%. However expand is a special case as it puts the buffs on all party members within range, however it reduces the effect by a lot. The balance is 5% increased damage while expanded to all party members.

When it comes to the buffs they are obviously better used on certain jobs. A tank does not need The Balance. The BLM does not need The Spire.

Figuring out what job needs what buffs is the bread and butter of the job. Do your research and don't be that AST who goes full retard with the buffs.

Here are some general tips:
>Never expand spear, spire, ewer or bole (bole can be expanded in very special scenarios, but please don't)
>If you have another AST in your party, your buffs DO NOT STACK. Hence you CANCEL the other AST's buffs! Coordinate!
>Spear is a trash card. It requires extensive knowledge about the receiver's job and you need to coordinate with the receiver or it's wasted. It is used for royal road most of the time unless you know exactly when to use it.
>Spear can fuck up the receiver's rotation. Keep this in mind. It's trash.
>The balance is useful to expand in 8-man parties, however not so much in a 4-man party. It is more useful to extend the duration of it on the highest DPS
>Use a parser to know who should get the balance. Don't give it to a healer or a tank unless the DPS is fucking garbage.
>The Bole should be given to the tank. Never to anyone else unless they are in a severe pinch and you happened to draw it. If the tank is doing great, then you can royal road it. Remember that the tank takes about 30% less damage which means a lot less heal requirements.
>The Spire and Ewer restores very little alone. They are usually royal road trash. Use extend or enhance to make them useful.
>>
>>376460478
Put Arrow on MNKs. Any monk worth their salt will immediately dissolve into the speed force and that's always amazing to watch. A good BLM will have enough spell speed that the arrow won't help them too much, aside from maybe earn them one more GCD when in Umbral Ice
>>
>servers are moving

Time to transfer to the lowest ping server after the move.
>>
File: Nero.png (154KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
Nero.png
154KB, 400x327px
Why is Nero one of the few characters with a visible emotion range?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>376460641
Oh well.
>>
>>376459960
You generally only want to use Balance and Arrow, with Spear being pretty shit (card effect has to be on someone before they use an oGCD ability for the recast to be shorter) so never use that, but the rest being situational (who needs TP or MP or if the tank is going to take a bunch of damage).
>>
>>376460603
Balance is 20% for one target and 10% expanded now. It's -much- nicer.
>>
>>376460641
Naw fuck off. I like casting 5 F4s without leylines.
>>
so how does using cards work? like do you have a separate hotkey for each card or what? trying to find a class that's not one big ability bloat
>>
>>376460540
I can't stress this enough. Never hold a spear, ewer, or spire. All that accomplishes is clogging up your held card.
>>
>>376460641
>Get to put Thunder on the boss with Raging still up being bad.
>>
File: paladin.jpg (416KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
paladin.jpg
416KB, 1920x1440px
How much of a rework is PLD going to get in Stormblood?

Provoke will cross class. Rampart will cross class.

Awareness and Convalescence will almost definitely cross class.

Sentinel maybe. Flash maybe.

Cover will either be remade or ignored entirely.

Plus like 3 skills just from raised level cap? PLD could have anywhere from 5-10 new skills this expansion.
>>
>>376460928
>he needs leylines to cast 5 F4s
>>
So we know SCH is getting the tether as one skill, but what of it's other skill?
>>
>>376460991
You have four abilities:
Draw, Royal Road, Spread, and Redraw.

Draw pulls a random card which then occupies that button. You can then use that button to play the card, or you can use the other four to either royal road it, hold it, or chuck it out and draw a different card.

Spread, when used, holds the card, which then occupies that button.
>>
>>376461250
AST gets Graviga.
>>
>>376461289
I meant SCH's other skill, the one we dont know about
>>
>>376460603
Oh, also you can remove buffs to discard a card early by right clicking the buff. You would mainly do this to put draw back on cooldown after drawing a spear.
>>
>>376460603
Last cont:
The Arrow is the hardest card to give as some jobs do not benefit from it. Here are some things I've personally found useful:
>BLM is first priority always.
>Never give it to NIN as they have huton shit that makes their skill speed shit cap. It's basically useless on them.
>MCH barely has casting due to proccs and it is almost not noticable at all so don't bother. I facepalm every time I see an AST give my MCH an Arrow as I barely notice the difference.
>I've heard both ways for MNK, some say fuck it, other say it's semi-useful. I personally don't give it to MNKs unless no one else can use it. I believe they also cap like NIN, or drain TP like a motherfucker.
>DRGs have a love/hate relationship with it. They drain TP so fucking fast that you basically cripple them. Some do not want it, others do want it. Just make sure to look at their TP before choosing to give it to them, otherwise you fuck them over completely.
>SMN has a lot of debuffs and shit. I think it is useful when they are in dragontrance or whatever the fuck that skill is called. Don't quote me on this. I give it to SMN if no one else is around
>Don't bother giving Arrow to tanks.
>Healers can use Arrows to heal/deal damage significantly faster. Though prioritize the DPS.

As for other tips:
>You can cancel a card by right clicking the icon. Useful when fishing for an extended balance and you keep pulling spears.
>Spread (put the card on hold) balances if you get one. Never spread spear, ewer or spire unless someone is in a TP problem and needs an enhanced spire for example.
>In 8-man parties you usually fish for expanded balances all the time. Though if you pull two balances in a row, don't just throw it away.
>Giving semi-useful buffs once in a while is more useful than cancelling fifty boles because they weren't balances. A good AST uses his cards wisely while simultaneously fishing for balances.
>>
thanks for all this info, it actually made me really hype for unlocking AST later.
>>
>>376461350
SCH's other skill is an Arcanist cooldown that makes your pet not do anything but manual control for 10 seconds so you can make them use fucking Whispering Dawn/Fey Wind without them Embracing 2-3 times first.
>>
>>376460540
>Both Combusts are still beholden to accuracy and can miss.
Bullshit.
They have no initial hits like Bio and Bio 2 and so cannot miss.
>>
File: 1435542664103.jpg (343KB, 1076x860px) Image search: [Google]
1435542664103.jpg
343KB, 1076x860px
>>376461024
That's all very hopeful of you but you forgot that Yoshida personally hates each and every Paladin player.

Well just get some new gimpy utility abilities that aren't needed for anything. Warriors will still be exactly as tanky as us while doing two and a half times our damage.
>>
>>376461024
I wonder what that new "vertical slash" skill is supposed to be. A new finisher? An AoE skill? A reworked Flash (basic Enmity AoE with damage, like Unleashed and Overpower)?
>>
>>376462080
>Well just get some new gimpy utility abilities that aren't needed for anything.
You're at least getting a miniature Holy, and a circular AoE attack.
>>
>>376461925
You won't feel that way when you're compelled to parse everything unnecessarily and have your soul sink when you see the dps being put out by the average player. I've had to give myself balances in 4 mans more times than I can count.
>>
>>376462141
Vertical was for DRK. PLD gets Horizontal. Circle Slash like it was in 1.0
>>
>>376458351
I wanted to add more to what you said, because of how much I hated dealing with those fucking cabbages, and then with those stupid fucking refugees at Little Ala Mhigo, and pretty much all the Primal hunting shit, and of course nearly everything to do with Alphinaud

But you've summed it up really well.

Oh and then those FUCKING Doman refugees, god damn how can so many different refugees be such shitheads my mind is boggled
>>
>>376462080
I definitely expect useless skills like Tempered Will to be there on my hotbar. But I have hope after seeing the DRK design in Heavensward that they have a little bit better idea of making Paladin a little more active.

Then again, maybe they want to design Paladin to be the 1-2-3 with easy mitigation CDs so as to remain as accessible as possible for new tanks.
>>
>>376462515
>FUCKING Doman refugees, god damn how can so many different refugees be such shitheads my mind is boggled
The Domans are actually decent people, though. They went straight to work hunting down traitors and making things grow again in a region that had been an inhospitable wasteland for 15 years.
>>
>>376462581
Maybe they'll make Bulwark slam you forward into your enemy with your shield so there's a god damn use for the skill outside of slight mitigation on major pack pulls.
>>
>There are people RIGHT NOW who are unable to clear A11N, deal way less damage than an AST only putting dots every once in a while and hitting enrage, something people 3.4 were unable to do, if they arent sying before it
Why must Americans suck so much at this?!
>>
File: average WHM.png (194KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
average WHM.png
194KB, 500x378px
stop playing WHM
>>
File: Raubahn.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Raubahn.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>376462934
Welcome to the late crew who hops on to 'catch up' before the next expansion hits, to ditch it again before 4.1 lands.
>>
AST is a literal special snowflake class. Just spam your overly flashy spells in town every 3 seconds to attention whore and idle with your globe out.
>>
You literally will never experience a fight this good in XIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKyhycyO4_Q
>>
>>376455926
In 6 months:

>Guys we need to make sure everyone is ilvl 350 so we can farm Suzaku Exteme mode for the mounts okay?
>>
>>376462995
>losing his shield

I couldn't imagine this dude getting disarmed like that
>>
File: 1492453966359.png (824KB, 1680x824px) Image search: [Google]
1492453966359.png
824KB, 1680x824px
>>376462934
>Americans
Be glad you've never played with the french, my boy.

t. Unfortunate bastard who didn't know Moogle was an "unofficial french server" when he begun playing.
>>
>>376462934
Can't be as bad as trying to get savage clears with pugs
>>
>>376461093
Using Convert to get an extra Fire IV in I'm guessing?
>>
File: 1492396874635.jpg (108KB, 1228x693px) Image search: [Google]
1492396874635.jpg
108KB, 1228x693px
>>376463307
salut ^^
>>
>>376462637
I should clarify. The Domans certainly wasted almost no time getting to work and being good little ninjas and turning Mor Dhona into a home, that's for sure.

They sure did waste my time by having to collect their stupid ninja kids from their extreme hide and seek game, and that old piece of shit who absolutely refused to be cooperative because he hated the way chocobos smelled. And I know this isn't their fault, but that little drama that played out when they were brought into Mor Dhona, and then all those other shit refugees came knocking (all according to Adeledji's potato-shaped keikaku) was just way too predictable for me.

Granted, all of this was happening at a point in the story where I was finally realizing, I hate Minfilia, I hate Alphinaud, I hate Thancred. Thancred had already proven himself to be a fuckup, Alphinaud was simply obeying his nature as a huge fuckup, and Minfilia was displaying outstanding lack of foresight.
>>
File: 1434093026733.gif (287KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1434093026733.gif
287KB, 267x200px
>>376463293
>>
>>376463148

I'm guessing the last AST you played with didn't give you Balance cards because there was no saving your shit DPS.
>>
>>376463963
>that old piece of shit who absolutely refused to be cooperative because he hated the way chocobos smelled
I hated that fucker
>>
>>376464168
Sounds more like a salty WHM to me.
>>
>>376464168
>>376464390
Youre both wrong, Im playing PLD.
>>
>>376456237
when isghard/aymeric starts getting involved
>>
Apparently I'm very good at avoiding server ticks while I'm in umbral ice form since after every other Blizz III to Fire III cast I run out of mana
>>
File: 20170405191127_1.jpg (642KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170405191127_1.jpg
642KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>376464571
Depending on your race you may need to put a couple points into Piety if you haven't already. It can really smooth your rotation.
>>
>>376464390
>Salty WHM
>Complains about "flashy spells"
WHM is the most flashy spell class in Idleshire. Fucking holy, fucking assize, fucking asylum, fucking Blizzard II.

Too bad flashy != good.
>>
Someone correct me if im doing this wrong for BLM

Opener: Sharpcast > Fire 3 > Ley lines, Raging strikes, enochian > Fire 1 > Fire 4x3 > firestarter proc > convert > Fire 4x3 > bliz 3 > thun 1 > Bliz 4 > Fire 3

Then the usual rotation is Fire 4 x2 > Fire 1 > Fire 4x2 > Blizz 3 > etc

Did I fuck this up?
>>
File: this means you.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this means you.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>376463148
t. shitter who stands in the fire

You have no idea how hard it is to be a good healer. Cannot possibly comprehend. It's beyond your feeble DPS mind. I don't begrudge you, I pity you and your ilk. Like a shepherd tends his flock. You're cattle. Easily replaceable. If only you had a slight inkling of the reality, but then it would shatter your fragile little mind. I'm not saying I'm better than you, because I don't have to. Healers have always been of a superior pedigree. Maybe one day you'll claw your way out of the dark and see the light. Until then, adieu, I have no more time to waste on rabble like you.
>>
>>376466091

Why the fuck would you cast Fire III instead of Fire after Sharpcast?

Sharpcast > Ley Lines > Quelling Strikes > Fire > Enochian > Fire III > Fire IV > etc.
>>
File: baitbob.png (35KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
baitbob.png
35KB, 500x426px
>>376466393
>>
>>376466393

Nice copypasta, but it's a little stale.
>>
>>376463148
>accidentally press celestial opposition in town
>>
I really want to farm Odin gear for glamours. Will people go for it or will I just get WTfags?
>>
>Oh hey I'm missing one penny to get my last upgrade
>Time for a nice wiping city!
>Mfw we wiped 4 times on Forgall and had only 4 people alive at the end of Calofisteri
>>
>>376466973

I once saw a Warrior solo Calofisteri from 15% down once the rest of us wiped

Shit was cray
>>
>>376463963
I actually like Alphinaud desu
>>
>>376466091
I do:

Sharpcast > F1 > LL + Eno > F3proc > RS > F4x3 > F1 > Convert > Quickcast > F4x3 > F3 (if proc) > B3 >Thuner 1 (if you have six seconds left on Enochian) > B4
>>
>>376467075

She actually doesn't do a lot of damage herself. It's all the shit around her and the vuln up stacks they apply. If you have a group that can doge the mechanics you hardly need a healer at all. The first time I cleared there were a few DPS and a tank left alive- they just dodged shit and only had to worry about surviving Aura Burst.
>>
>>376466701
The Fire III rotation has higher average potency than the Fire 1 Opener.
Basically if you don't get the Fire III Proc again the Fire 1 Open is much weaker than the Fire III opener.
>>
>1100 SpS 816 crit
Is that good for a SCH?
>>
>forget to take off makai shit
>still top dps in dun scat
eww
>>
File: 1476455619826.jpg (223KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
1476455619826.jpg
223KB, 960x672px
>>
>>376467654
My last DS group had a PLD in the top 4 dps.
>>
File: Fu5fLkW.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fu5fLkW.png
1MB, 1280x720px
stop playing miqo'te
>>
>>376467654
>Run Dun Scaith as SMN with mix of non-upgraded shire gear and upgraded 2.2 gear
>Have no idea what I'm doing as SMN
>At the top of the aggro list just barely behind the tank at every fight

I doubt I'm doing real good, I think everyone else in the party is just that shit.
>>
File: C_WqCLGUAAAK5m8[1].jpg (48KB, 400x511px) Image search: [Google]
C_WqCLGUAAAK5m8[1].jpg
48KB, 400x511px
>>376468432
I did once HW dropped and I saved my free fantasia
>>
File: Eorzea Calender August Edition.jpg (3MB, 6992x4794px) Image search: [Google]
Eorzea Calender August Edition.jpg
3MB, 6992x4794px
>>376468432
Stop playing skin cancer
>>
>>376468432
>draw femroe
>give it scales
>"it's an au ra now :)"
>>
File: 1489800339429.gif (1MB, 270x217px) Image search: [Google]
1489800339429.gif
1MB, 270x217px
Did they ever say something about the AF3 gear being upgradable?
>>
>>376468432
>that fanart
Literal trannyzard.
>>
File: big.jpg (98KB, 1412x591px) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
98KB, 1412x591px
thoughts?
>>
>>376469015
Either:
ogcd AOE.
stronger version of decimate/something that eat up your stacks
Infuriate boosted which give you max stacks for a set amount of time
>>
File: !!.png (37KB, 120x370px) Image search: [Google]
!!.png
37KB, 120x370px
>>376468432
I smell bullshit here
>>
>>376468432
why is ffxi/v/ just r/ffxiv?
>>
>>376469015
mfw they ask me to mt
>>
>>376468652
There's no reason to believe it wont
>>
File: exceptionally tall xaela woman.png (298KB, 487x732px) Image search: [Google]
exceptionally tall xaela woman.png
298KB, 487x732px
>>376468432
Gee, I wonder who is behind this commission.
>>
>>376468432
exceptionally tall female aura
if lizard had muscle slider i crank that shit to the max
>>
>mfw nin and theres no WAR

Good, now I don't have to keep an eye on slashing debuff.
>>
>>376469015
MAXIMUM
FELL
CLEAVE
SPAM
>>
File: HELP.png (187KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
HELP.png
187KB, 500x343px
>>376469015
MAYBE A BERSERK EXTEND
SEXTUPLE CLEAVES INBOUND?!!?
>>
>>376469659
>>376469694
exceptionally tallmind
>>
>>376469472
Because I think Yoshi wants us to suffer. And it would sound to good to be true.
>>
File: c.jpg (47KB, 795x330px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
47KB, 795x330px
why are commissions for characters so popular in FFXIV? I've never heard about this in any other MMO.
>>
>get the party-wide royal road effect from ewer or spire
>pretend to fish for balances
>heal
>sometimes gravity

That's how I farm lore on AST.
>>
>>376469982
Because only gays and women play this game and there's nothing in the game itself to actually do.
>>
>It's another exciting episode of "group fucks up hands on scathach and healers can't LB3 because a melee used it to shave off a whooping 2% of scathatch's HP"
Every single fucking time.
>>
>>376469659
But it's not.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JS07Qe9temv2UrkTFRx8Dw4KcQmw3F_pSCgeD1Ly9R8/edit
>>
>>376470195
>it's a healers don't LB3 even when 3 of the dead DPS tell them to and we fail the dps check and wipe
>>
>>376469982
Because the character models are attractive.
>>
>>376470207
But why?
>>
>>376469982
A friend drew, my gf drew, my dog drew, my bf sucked me.
Reddit ffxiv is erp waste land pretending to act normal to be honest.
>>
>>376470467
I dunno, so people don't assume they're an exceptionally tall xaela woman? Fuck knows.
>>
>>376469745

>WAR is OT
>Never uses Storm's Path
>Makes sure we all know when he's about to be Pacified with the most obnoxious macro this side of a bitchy healer res
>Half-asses tanking adds or doing mechanics; never leaves Defiance even when he can't keep aggro
>Never uses defensive CDs when forced to tank

There are braindead people playing ever job in this game, but some of the worst play WAR. Just play a DPS class if you want to parse big numbers and ignore everything but your rotation.
>>
Do not underestimate based The Bole
>>
am I good to go with ilvl110 at the start of HW or should I spend some of those poetic currency on something?
>>
>>376470754
You're fine, youll get gear in dungeons and quests
>>
>>376470754
Spend it if you've got enough for something to be a meaningful upgrade. i110 is more than enough to start doing HW shit.
>>
>>376470693
>Just play a DPS class if you want to parse big numbers and ignore everything but your rotation.
That requires effort. The reason many insufferable WAR players sperg over their DPS is because they suck too much to play a real DPS job.

Not that DPS are complicated but there's more science to them than a WAR that does no tanking.
>>
>>376469015
Looks like Mijin Gakure.
>>
File: 1335859810141.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1335859810141.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>Enter an A1S farm since it's sturdy time
>Do a bunch of runs
>After I'm done I notice that I had my parser on
>Check how I did
>I'm third DPS as a WAR
>Above a BRD (barely) and especially a DRG
>Said DRG in full shire 270 beside the weapon couldn't even do 2000 DPS with 20% echo
>>
how come we still dont know shit about SB
>>
File: Butwhy.jpg (96KB, 744x944px) Image search: [Google]
Butwhy.jpg
96KB, 744x944px
>>376471867
>Check the DRG's lodestone
>That's his fucking relic
Seriously, why?
>>
>>376471994
preese rook foraward
>>
>>376471994
Ps3 limitations
>>
>>376472097
>that parry
>those balanced secondary stats
:joy:
>>
>>376472129
and back
>>
>>376472097
Find his facebook and bully him
>>
>>376472097
PvP probably.
>>
>>376469015
Ragnarok.

Each action drains a decent amount of hp but you get unlimited stacks or something.
>>
>>376472391
Having multiple secondary stats is nerfed in PVP.
You gain less stats overall.
>>
>>376472097
Looks like a PvP build.
>>
>>376472219
THEN GO FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK PUT ONE FOOT FORWARD
>>
>>376472414
That should be a DRK ability.
>>
File: 1391051264465.jpg (14KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1391051264465.jpg
14KB, 255x220px
>new to game
>slowly but surely going through story shit
>pretty much a solo game with a group thing sprinkled here and there so far
>mfw reading all these abbreviations and whatever other nonsense in these threads

am i missing something or am i just no there yet
>>
>>376472518
What kind?
Stuff like DRG, WAR, BRD etc?
>>
>>376472480
You probably should tell him that, then.
>>
File: 1452330614686.png (5KB, 365x241px) Image search: [Google]
1452330614686.png
5KB, 365x241px
>>376472518
You'll never fully understand unless you give yourself to the void.
>>
>>376472596
no i get class/job names
but literally everything else people talk about in this thread
>>
File: IMG_1536.jpg (82KB, 681x517px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1536.jpg
82KB, 681x517px
>>376471182
>dps is complicated

This is about 4 questions asked to my statics monk and 2 weeks of trying.
>>
>>376472518
goggling ff14 abbreviations should help you start out understanding the lingo
>>
>>376472480
Only for aetherial gear.
Animas statted like that have been better since you could.
>>
>>376472730
>DPS is complicated

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>376472497
Maybe, but DRK here feels like it taps more into the magical side than the physical side. I like the idea of a skill like berserk that gives an incredible buff and gives a negative effect once it's up. Fits with the warrior theme
>>
>>376472480
Isn't this a Diadem equipment only effect? Anima weapon stats still work like original, so the weapon is still PVP BiS.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EGY6Bd45UmtnZGnajF3PpP47mXoOlVBEBfLvnaxMf7k/edit
>>
>>376472874
>>376472959
Oh, good to know.
>>
>>376472898
I mean theres like no science in it at all.
>>
File: man.jpg (17KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
17KB, 300x223px
So im getting a bunch of mixed feedback

Can the solo POTD 100 floors achievement only be done without dying, or can I continue from my last save if I get fucked?
>>
wait, how the fuck do I level up AST from 30 when I've done all the main and sidequests on my first class/job? I was hoping the sidequests reset when you changed job.
>>
>>376473008
nice
>>
File: ffxiv_05022017_175303.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_05022017_175303.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376468432
at least make a good lizard girl
>>
>>376473140
>questing for EXP
what game are you playing?
Sidequests don't reset. Run dungeons or something.
>>
File: downtheshirt.png (35KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
downtheshirt.png
35KB, 200x150px
>tfw they actually modeled the tiddies under the MCH AF shirt.
>>
>>376473140
Dungeons and PotD. I'd rather have you do dungeons so you learn what you're doing.
>>
File: 1436755472149.jpg (15KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1436755472149.jpg
15KB, 318x318px
>>376473173
pic not related?
>>
>>376473140
Daily roulettes and PotD
>>
>>376468432
i literally thought this was the face 3 male au ra with boobs at first
>>
>>376473140
Run dungeons so you actually learn to play your job.
>>
>>376472730
>thinking anything post echo means anything
>those clear times with post echo
Wew lad, your static better buckle the fuck down when SB or you are going to sorry when doing progression when SB hits
>>
>>376473173
>midlander with scales
just play midlander lol
>>
>still see lapis in a11s with echo
>>
>>376473320
This is all pugs mate. My groups on break until SB
>>
>>376473140
You've done ALL the sidequests? People nowadays mostly just use PotD and leveling roulette, but you can also do it with FATEs and leves, or just do the highest level dungeon you can do until level 60. Also daily Beast tribes quests are pretty good.
>>
File: ffxiv_06272015_082038.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06272015_082038.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376473173
>>
>>376473173
NICE GLASSES NERD
t. a dumb astro.
>>
>>376473736
Were you trying to imply you look like anything other than string cheese and a stale crema bagel?
>>
>>376468432
>that beard

That is actually disgusting.
>>
File: knights karsh humble.png (83KB, 352x127px) Image search: [Google]
knights karsh humble.png
83KB, 352x127px
I ask this question sometimes. Does your Server have an infamous player who's name is spoken in whispers in your company workshop?
>>
File: l1aSuEA.jpg (48KB, 720x612px) Image search: [Google]
l1aSuEA.jpg
48KB, 720x612px
>>376473736
you look like a fucking melon
>>
>>376474115
count brusef
>>
>>376474115
>Been on Ultros since I started playing
>Still no clue who or what this guy does to make him such a meme
>>
>>376474115
No, but many "women" on the server whisper my name, sometimes softly, often loudly when we're in private chambers.

And by "women" I mean women though this one girl sounds like a chain smoking tranny faggot
>>
>>376473736
you look so fucking stupid holy shit

people pay money for this
>>
File: knights karsh 2.jpg (28KB, 630x162px) Image search: [Google]
knights karsh 2.jpg
28KB, 630x162px
>>376474330
What does he do? Have any screencaps?
>>
>>376474673
pretty sure that's the dude that was speedhacking on blm

nothing has come of it so far tho it's just sort of funny since people figured it out immediately
>>
File: 1485814760840.jpg (29KB, 753x601px) Image search: [Google]
1485814760840.jpg
29KB, 753x601px
>think I got summoner down
>average around 1400 dps in Gubal Hard bosses

Why am I so fucking retarded I literally cannot play DPS for the life of me and I only can do SSS so many times after being beat from work to optimize more.
>>
File: 1485196897394.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485196897394.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>new player
>do absolutely ass in a dungeon and completely embarrass myself
>don't feel like playing anymore
>>
>>376473098
If you get a PARTY KO above zero on your save file, you can't.
You can die in PotD if you have someone to revive you (I think the auto-revive buff also works), you just can't get a "game over" screen
>>
>>376474115
>Join a FC
>Leader is gay
>Quit because beyond being gay he is an obnoxious asshole
>Join new FC
>Leader says "I'm a girl"
>Leader is really a tranny
>Also a shitty person on top of it
>Leave

Fucking Ultros
>>
File: ARRflying.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ARRflying.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>flying to be implemented in ARR zones

neat
it'll make those beast tribe dailies even quicker
>>
>>376475052
Don't worry about it buddy, there's plenty of people who are legitimately retarded and they queue all the time and continue to play.

Just get good.
>>
>>376475052
Its cool, read the chat
>>
>>376475052
you should have a leaf on your name, dont be too hard on yourself, there are much worse players out there that dont have self awareness. Most people arent going to give too much of a fuck if you mess up
>>
>>376475052
>not fueling your desire to get better
Weak.
>>
>>376475236
good mem
>>
File: 1492880216152.png (285KB, 629x608px) Image search: [Google]
1492880216152.png
285KB, 629x608px
>>376475052
>Do leveling roulette as tank
>Get AV
>50 minute slog but I stick it out
>Next day
>Get AV
>3 leafs take 4 minutes to kill first frog and 2 whatevers with it
>healer only heals with cure 3

I left em, sorry little green leafs but I can't handle a slog through that zone two days in a row.
>>
>>376474115
Cerberus had one in particular around 2.1. the Venom, a notorious kill seller, griefer (to get more people not clear in free runs and sell his), shitty player, spammer and cheater. Shit got so bad many suspected him to work for RMTs. His FC (one of many Pandamonium <<PANDA>>) wasn't better either and quite infamous until Heavensward. They obviously helped Venom in kill runs. Some linkshells would kick <<PANDA>> members just because.
>>
>>376475497
A fucking LEAF
>>
>>376475052
most people are too jaded by now to actually give a shit, or will help you out if you ask for it

the asking part is important since i'm firmly in camp 1 and if there's like a whole bunch of wrong shit going i'm not gonna take the time to type out a bunch of shit that will probably be ignored
>>
>>376475052
Right above you bro I know that feel. I can do alright vs a dummy but on real fight I just crumple and I KNOW im being judged. Its fucking debilitating I cant take it. I wish I couldn't care because worrying too much makes it a hassle to play any type of job.
>>
>>376475652
please do not bully the sprouts
>>
>>376475678
>a bunch of shit that will probably be ignored
You're lucky if you get ignored and not screeched at by the rest of the party about how you don't pay their sub and you should stop being an elitist asshole.
>>
>>376475512
Sounds like a grand old time. Are they still around?
>>
File: 1486113215766.jpg (92KB, 659x605px) Image search: [Google]
1486113215766.jpg
92KB, 659x605px
>>376474115
Yeah, there's algkdixifkkgpdwl kkgpdwl and xnclvoeåd fhhosoea who enjoy shouting shit in Limsa 24/7. Sometimes I wonder if these guys ever sleep
>>
Is there no way to make unassigned slots invisible in a cross hotbar? The option is there for normal hotbars but its not working for me
>>
>>376475030
Damn, anon. Why is your cat so sad?
>>
File: 1480073815039.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480073815039.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>trial roulette Nidhogg Hard last night
>in-progress
>MT explains fight, but not very well and only the first half
>he tanks Niddy sideways, as in he is standing on the far left
>it's not too bad for this phase
>however the first time I've seen someone tank like this here
>loses aggro to sprout OT from time to time which hits a few of us behind the boss
>MT wants us to focus one of the adds that can be aggroed
>put the mark on the one who runs around hitting our healers
>while we're killing that add, MT is holding the other two until OT can finall pull it away
>also instead of taking them at their spawnpoint (east and west), MT and OT took them north and south
>MT put A & B marks just for that before the fight started
>we kill adds in time, MT continues to tank the boss sideways
>at this point it's weird and I'm getting worried
>last phase
>still tanking to the side instead of center
>in the phase where he really should be to leave enough rooom for avoiding AE, eyes and properly stack
>obligatory BRD who gets the stack mark and runs away
>instakill, others don't properly stack either and I + healers die
>we wipe
>I leave
>tday another trial roulette
>no in-progress and it's Nidhogg again
>leave
Fuck this shit!
>>
File: FFXIV_samurai_kuganenight.jpg (94KB, 1648x690px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_samurai_kuganenight.jpg
94KB, 1648x690px
>>
Someone on primal queue brayflox normal in progress as healer.

I queued into this mess but one of the people is first time for story progress so I'll feel like an ass leaving.
>>
>>376476647
>Try Nidhogg EX back when it was still relevant
>Know the fight like the back of my hand
>Every "clear" group I get is full of shitters that can't even reach towers
>Been like this since 2.3 released

I threw out my morals and tried to sneak into farm groups but they disbanded immediately upon seeing the bonus. It's fucking unfair how I'm held back from clearing the easiest EX primal in this expansion because everyone else I'm stuck with is shit. My FC and LSs have no interest in clearing/can't get enough people. I'm just going to fucking wait for Stormblood.
>>
>>376475839
i've never actually seen this in game and i've been playing for a few years, i'm convinced it's nowhere near as widespread as people seem to think it is

it doesn't help that the only people who get mad about it are usually super aggro and usually pretty bad themselves, so yea people are going to tell you to shut the fuck up if you're flipping your shit about (random trial roulette primal)
>>
>>376475990
The Venom hasn't been seen since 2.2 or so.
We've got a few other FCs with the same name later and you don't see either around anymore. Maybe they changed FC name, moved, or left entirely.

The particular Panda FC used to charge twice for kills. Once for the trial or raid, second to finish it. They of course didn't tell their victims until that very point.
>>
File: FFXIV_bard_step.jpg (85KB, 2003x839px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_bard_step.jpg
85KB, 2003x839px
Bard flute
>>
>>376476647
I thought Nidhogg was just a scaley striking dummy? Last time I queued for it, my gf and friend were in there and we basically just best it like a dummy
>>
>>376472518
I'm the exact same. I really wanna be dedicated and I'm really enjoying playin and trying to not fuck up but goddamn do people seem to hate new players.
>>
File: 1484460373456.jpg (142KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1484460373456.jpg
142KB, 567x437px
>>376476395
Its not my cat but its as sad as I am right now just kill me
>>
>>376455926
You draw nothing but spire/ewer 98% of the time in any instantace until you get so pissed you stop playing AST all together.
>>
>>376476919
Be open about having not cleared instead of trying to sneak in. No fucking shit people don't want to group with someone who is ostensibly trying to hide his own lack of skill.

Also you are smoking something if you think Nidhogg is the easiest ex trial in HW when shit like Bismarck and Sophia exist.
>>
File: WrCyQ16.jpg (96KB, 1470x615px) Image search: [Google]
WrCyQ16.jpg
96KB, 1470x615px
Heres your AOE PLD's

Judgement blade
>>
>>376477373
I meant the patch series.
>>
>>376477373
Bismark and ravanna dont count
>>
File: vTVMSuB.jpg (98KB, 1434x600px) Image search: [Google]
vTVMSuB.jpg
98KB, 1434x600px
DRK getting some vertical slash
>>
>>376477512
I still don't know what is going on in this picture.
>>
>>376477585
I dont think shes slashing ao much as drawing dark energies from the forces around her
>>
>>376477687
Yoshi posted alongside the picture that she's doing a vertical spinning slash.
>>
>>376477585
Looks like DRK getting a black getsuga tensho judging from yoshis comment
>>
>>376475030
What are the rotations you are doing? Also keep in mind most of your damage is DOTS so if the party kills fast enough you will always be out dps'ed by everything else
>>
File: 1487881566420.jpg (437KB, 1482x792px) Image search: [Google]
1487881566420.jpg
437KB, 1482x792px
>>
File: 1493571549122.png (89KB, 1781x804px) Image search: [Google]
1493571549122.png
89KB, 1781x804px
>>376478327
>>
>>376478901
>playing as dolled up cat girls

Makes me doubt everything
>>
>>376479117
Dude, you should never assume a catgirl is a girl.
>>
>>376479117
more like fucking pottery
>>
>>376479203
>>376479117
What the fuck is this, '95? There are no girls on the internet fullstop.
>>
>>376478901
How do people even get this large.
>>
File: 1494161391124.png (514KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
1494161391124.png
514KB, 810x810px
PLDs look so fucking cool. Will I regret playing one? They will get buffed, right?
>>
>>376479302
Their fine, they're just not preferred in the speedrunning comp. Their biggest weakness is no AoE damage, which seems to be fixed in 4.0.
>>
>>376479302
paladin is fine if a bit boring, the power levels between the classes aren't that far off and you can complete anything in the game with any class

also probably
>>
>>376479302
Not unless you're special snowflake DRK
>>
>>376455926
Final FantASSy is a game about Cup Noodles
>>
>>376479415
90 sec cooldown.
>>
>>376479117
Well lad you shouldn't play a cat girl dress up simulator and pick a non cat girl race.
>>
>>376479520
They casted Mini Holy in the benchmark as well.
>>
>>376479618
>CoS
>Circle Blade
>Mini Holy

Actually not too bad as long as the Mini Holy can't be interrupted
>>
>>376477939
I dont want to write it all down but with a mix of i220 and 230 right side and crafted 250 left side I can BARLEY beat SSS soph ex but I do much worse in a party.
>>
>>376462995
where is this from, I don't remember it.
>>
>>376479930
Well with mobs you don't ever get interrupted unless its a hit that takes more than 25% of your HP or silence is casted on you.
>>
>>376479618
It's going to make it harder to whine about how they're really just standard knights.
>>
>>376479986
1.0 when they put effort into cutscenes.
>>
File: DontBelieveYoshiP.webm (3MB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
DontBelieveYoshiP.webm
3MB, 640x359px
>>376480203
Back when Square Enix used to give a shit about production values in all of their games. Now ARR runs along with its under-average status quo for the series.
>>
>>376479956
Huh? I beat that shit in 234 total.
>>
>>376480136
If they're embracing the holy aspect of Paladin I hope we get to do sone crusading in the next job questline. The shit with Ul'Dah's stolen blade finally got resolved so it's really open where we can go from here with it.
>>
>>376477585
>>376477687
>>376477798
>>376477813
I'm betting it's something like Dark souls 3's Dark edge, vertical slash of a big "dark" sword.
>>
>>376480435
>model phases in while on camera
>stops
>turns slightly toward you
>smiles and nods
>canned emote
>turns slightly toward other NPCs
>canned emote
>turn around
>stop
>walk away
>>
>>376462995
>>376480435
Damn, look how more "alive" the characters feel and look when cutscenes aren't just emotes.
>>
Serious question. I stopped Last January because I thought I had enough money for Stormblood. I had max equipment in all crafts and for my main during that time. Did I miss a lot that I need to upgrade on or what? I'm thinking on logging on 1 month before SB to catch up a little. But if I don't have any big things to catch up on anyway, I just might start up again 1 week before SB.
>>
Do they ban you for dps meters or it's safe to install them?
>>
>>376480436
I don't know what I'm doing wrong either. I do the standard opener and keep dots up and line buffs/triD with DWT
>>
>>376480787
They'll only ban you if you talk about it and someone gets butthurt and reports you. It's a don't ask, don't tell policy.
>>
>>376480435
>All cutscenes with people are just
>Nod
>Character does emote animation
>You nod again
>/face emote
>End cutscene

Why is everyone letting them get away with it
>>
>>376480689
ironworks is the last crafting tier so if you have that you're set for the first couple levels of stormblood

they might have added some new offhands or something but the cost isn't worth the effort at this point

>>376480787
as long as you don't announce you're using them you're good
>>
>>376480787
Don't mention concrete numbers ever, and you're fine.
>>
>>376480787
It's ok if you don't say anything
>>
>>376480787
they only ban if you use specific numbers/call people out and say you're parsing
>>
>>376480867
The current audience has zero standards as long as they get new cash shop items to buy.
>>
>why don't they spend all of their resources on expensive ass cutscenes instead of making actual content

I mean yeah the current cutscenes suck shit but I'd rather deal with that than have longer patch cycles with even less content
>>
File: CuzRE2yW8AARebn.jpg (10KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
CuzRE2yW8AARebn.jpg
10KB, 300x250px
>Love the shit out of my PLD lvl 60
>Decide to try out WAR in PotD
>Think that it's not so bad but don't understand what's the hype is about
>Reach 54
>Mfw
I...I'm sorry,I think just eat the forbidden fruit and I can't go back.
>>
>>376481102
Yeah, I'm glad that they instead devote resources to hot new Mog Station exclusive items. :) So glad to have the opportunity to support my favorite game and get cool, exclusive minions and glamours!
>>
>>376481102
If the content was good I would agree with you. They half ass both sections.
>>
>>376480475
>10 levels of removing kebab
>>
Slowpoke here, just hit the umbrite step for my axe.

This... This is going to be painful, isn't it?
>>
>>376481194
>he thinks the mog station shit takes any effort
>>
>>376480612
Funny how it turns out when you blow tons of money mocapping everything.
>>
>>376481335
It's not that bad really.
The painful part is the light farm in my opinion.
>>
>>376481335
Not really anymore. Crystal sand is now really easy for anyone to get and rewards 2 for turn ins. Umbrite is the only thing you've really got to farm.
>>
>>376481301
Hydaelyn Vult motherfuckers
>>
File: Mocap.webm (3MB, 628x356px) Image search: [Google]
Mocap.webm
3MB, 628x356px
>>376480867
Majority of ARR's cutscenes are done entirely in LUA scripts using basic Look at/Turn to/PlayAnim functions.
>>
>>376481102
Maybe if the content wasnt shit
>Go from 3 dungeons a patch to two

No
>>
>>376481427
>>376481772
It's amazing how you think you can only get proper animations with mocap.
>>
>>376480542
every time anyone talks about 1.x being good i just load up this video and laugh at the casters standing around like they're waiting for a bus

https://youtu.be/khaigVygDl4
>>
>>376481893
You need to have animators touch everything up by hand later to smoothen out any weirdness/jitter in the capture, as well as adjusting skeletons/tweaking things for better visual effect.

Otherwise shit will look stiff having characters interacter/step within the game environment.
>>
>>376481893
I don't recall claiming that. It is a fact, however, that wasting the budget on motion capture is how you got those better 1.0 scenes.
>>
>>376482013
Both of the webms posted in this thread were from after Yoshi took over and they had zero fucking budget because the game had already failed and they were putting everything into ARR.
>>
File: 1475964400970.png (393KB, 701x707px) Image search: [Google]
1475964400970.png
393KB, 701x707px
>tfw SB's first endgame will be as boring as HW's
How do you go from fighting in a fun cathedral and comfy library into a shitty museum and boring birb ecosystem in the sky
>>
>>376481897
spotted the underaged
>>
>>376482139
Looking back, Fractal was one of my favorite dungeons of the expansion.
>>
>>376481893
You have to post a Witcher 3 image everytime you say that. They won't believe otherwise.
>>
File: 1492190115217.png (23KB, 435x285px) Image search: [Google]
1492190115217.png
23KB, 435x285px
>>376480435
>such a backlash against burning the budget on mocap cutscenes that we will NEVER see them again
>>
>>376482139
Those two dungeons straight up destroyed dailies for me until 3.1 came out. Fractal was somewhat tolerable but I straight up left every time I saw Shitterreap pop.
>>
>>376482371
Read >>376482079
Nael didn't even exist until after Yoshi took over. They had no budget to burn at that point, but still managed decent cutscenes.
>>
>>376482371
>People dont realize budget spent the cutscenes wasnt the problem
>The problem was the fucking unoptimization
>>
>>376482021
>standing around auto attacking for 15-20 seconds in order to earn the priveledge of pressing a button is great

Reductive shitposts get us nowhere
>>
File: 146608868318.jpg (19KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
146608868318.jpg
19KB, 720x540px
>Player named Cloud'Strife VII joins your party
>>
>Stormblood comes out
>People burn MSQ and rush to 70
>Then they spam the two lvl70 dungeons at launch for not-Darklight
>Then they use the gear to kill useless-EX-Primal #1
>Then they farm EX-Primal #2 for a weapon drop
>Twiddling thumbs for the next week waiting on story-mode Omega raid to do twice and then forget about it once Omega not-Savage is out

>>376482469
Mo-cap/Animations take forever. They were likely already in the works well before the 'budget' died.
>>
>>376482469
>they couldn't possibly be making use of data and assets they already had available
>instead they had technical wizards who animated scenes from scratch to a very high standard at no cost and then inexplicably decided not to keep using them
ok
>>
>>376482585
>dumb person: 2.5 second gcd
>perfect genious man: 2.5 minute gcd
>>
File: 324234192.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
324234192.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>376482713
>each class will never have a really strong hourlong cd skill like in xi because of adhd filled wowfugees
>>
>>376482296
Yeah but then, you would have Alwaysreap.
Always.
Reap.
>>
>>376482371
Do you want to go down to 1 dungeon and 1 raid boss per patch? The XIV budget is already stretched so thin you can see through it. SE uses the game as a cash cow but never thinks to fucking feed it.
>>
File: Fumbled.webm (1MB, 330x249px) Image search: [Google]
Fumbled.webm
1MB, 330x249px
>>376482912
Waiting on 2hrs always sucked in XI when strats relied on them. Always had mules with COR available for a chance of resetting them.

The update that bumped them down to a 1hr, and then added a second 1hr ability to the mix was well received.
>>
>new player
>enjoy the story
>watch the cut-scenes, read the quests text etc
>finally reach the point where I get to fight ultima weapon
>load in to the first fight after the cut-scene
>"hey please skip the cut-scenes or it will take too long"

feelsbadman.jpg

wish there was a box in the duty finder you could tick that said you are new and don't want to speedrun content.
>>
>>376473140
You bot fates like everyone else. I botted for nearly 3 months straight and I've also bought millions upon millions of gil and not so much as a warning. I'm pretty sure SE doesn't give a flying fuck what you do long as you don't hurt peoples feelings.

I got into GM jail once becasue i called someone a cunt.
>>
File: AllTheComms.png (13KB, 389x166px) Image search: [Google]
AllTheComms.png
13KB, 389x166px
Best feels
>>
>>376480435
Come the fuck on, the cutscenes were the only good thing about 1.0 everything else was fucking garbage, I would rahter have shit cutscenes with good gameplay then good cutscennes with awful gameplay.

1.0 almost fucking killed them.
>>
>>376483174
Just WATCH it, fuck them, you will miss everything but you will do these dungeons again.
>>
>>376483174
You could have tried putting it out to the Party Finder, saying you wanted to watch the cutscenes. If you run it unsynced you only need one or two level 60s to come with you to clear.
>>
>2688/3000
How can I get commendations quicker without asking people for them?
>>
File: magicruined.jpg (71KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
magicruined.jpg
71KB, 1280x800px
>>376483273
1.0 fucking killed them because it launched as an alpha trainwreck thanks to the head running SE at the time. XIV as it were before it was shut down, had more potential going for it with regards to content variety and class utility (unlike the homogenized shit we got now where CC is irrelevant outside of A3S), and making use of the ability to switch classes mid-dungeon.
>>
>>376483480
lol
>>
>>376483174
Just watch it, they can leave.
>>
File: 1391893977765.png (141KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1391893977765.png
141KB, 375x500px
>Main healer
>Try to do anything under Expert roulette
>Get grouped with the absolute worst people imaginable with min ilvl vendor gear
>EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME

I've resorted to just doing gubal runs instead of fucking around with any roulette.
>>
>>376483419
Queue for guildhests as a tank or healer and be the last one to leave.
>>
>>376477003
That's great and all but I want to use the bagpipes on the af gear. They should also give bards a special emote to play music so I can spam the theoretical bagpipes any chance I get.
>>
>>376483782
Just go to idleshire is you want bagpipes.
>>
>>376483174
Switch to another chat channel, watch the cutscenes and completely ignore them.

If they kick you for it they CAN be banned for that.
>>
>>376483820
You don't understand. I want bagpipes everywhere.
>>
>>376483480
>alpha trainwreck

Nice try faggot but that wasn't 1.0's main problem, it was a game that was clearly made to look good and sacrificed everything else I don't believe for a second it was rushed out. If you think 1.0 was in anyway good besides cutscenes then im sorry but you have brain problems
>>
Bard nuke when
>>
I have a MCH at 60 right now, help me pick a healer and tank to play

i should probably wait for them to announce classes changes huh
>>
>>376483948
Barrage is already a nuke.
>>
>>376483254
green text story time
>>
>>376483948
Watch the benchmark
>>
>>376483996
>>376484040
Allow me to rephrase

Delete Bard and start over
>>
File: C-bwns0UIAEhDBo.jpg (104KB, 551x1166px) Image search: [Google]
C-bwns0UIAEhDBo.jpg
104KB, 551x1166px
>>376483984
Scholar and Warrior.
>>
>>376460751
He's a char clone.
>>
>>376484145
>The 2 jobs who are getting nerfed
>>
>>376484145
What's going on in this picture?
>>
>>376484139
Why?
>>
>>376466701
>even having quell

Cuck
>>
>>376484221
Its a character waiting at the login screen for their player to come back.
>>
File: 1417471429359.png (413KB, 1020x912px) Image search: [Google]
1417471429359.png
413KB, 1020x912px
>>376484236
i've met tanks who let blms that don't use quell die before picking up aggro

one of them was my static leader
>>
>>376484014
Healer LB3 at 10% on Diabolos when other parties are ded = free comms
>>
File: CxntrT9VQAAViTm.jpg (39KB, 800x690px) Image search: [Google]
CxntrT9VQAAViTm.jpg
39KB, 800x690px
>>376484204
Jealousy is bad for a righteous knight, Paladin friend.
>>376484221
he's waiting to be login.
>>
>>376483937
1.0 had interesting class ability mechanics but they get overshadowed by the controversial stamina system, which was essentially a primitive form of the 2.5 GCD we have now.
>>
>>376484464
>the controversial stamina system, which was essentially a primitive form of the 2.5 GCD we have now.
Are you retarded? It was just the same TP system from FFXI.
>>
>>376484423
>Healer lb at Diablo
the only reason why I love going back to this raid despise it's a cespool.
I can never get tired of seeing my Ast lb.
>>
>>376484368
>>376484426
;_;
>>
>>376484514
Not playing XI to know that doesn't make me retarded, you immense sperg. Regardless it still functions very much like what we have now, the only difference is the GCD is lowered on some jobs and you start at full TP.
>>
>>376484559
for my second melee dps, NIN has been pretty fun for me, weeaboo stigma aside.
>>
>>376484559
dragoon or ninja
ninja is fun when you don't have disgusting mudra delay
dragoon's fun if you like the jumps
>>
File: 1493684696315.jpg (47KB, 424x243px) Image search: [Google]
1493684696315.jpg
47KB, 424x243px
What the most fun melee dps?
>>
>>376484559
>>376484726

NIN is the most fun melee dps fucking fight me
>>
>>376484649
>Not playing XI to know that doesn't make me retarded, you immense sperg
It does when you're spouting bullshit you invented about it being controversial when every single 1.0 player had used the same system for almost a decade beforehand and had no problem with it.
>>
>>376483984
DRK / AST.
>>
>>376484649
Don't respond to 1.0cancer.
>>
>>376484694
I can't imagine anyone getting mad about weebs in a fucking FF mmo. I mean we have a literal weeaboo race.
>>
>>376484745
>spouting bullshit
Except nobody liked the stamina system in 1.0, otherwise they would have kept it when Yoshi took over.
>>
>>376484726
Monk and Ninja
>>
>>376484781
is AST really fun

thinking about picking that as my healer class after I finish leveling NIN
>>
2 Asian DPS job
what's next?
Asian Tank and healer job?
Inb4 the next healer will be Japanese Shinto priestess using spell charms.
>>
>>376484993
Yoshi has already stated that Onmyoji was going to be a possible healer job for Stormblood.
>>
>>376484993
dont you mean 3? we've had monk since launch. why do eastern jobs in a eastern game bother you? are you one of those people who think they are copying mist of panderia
>>
>>376484993
>no chemist healer class
>ever

I just want a reason to use my free fantasia to turn into a lalafell
>>
>>376485057
wat? when he said that?
>>
>>376485108
In an interview after EU fanfest
>>
>>376484726
MNK is pretty great
>>
>>376484401
>i group with total shitters who want to dps on war and to top it off, theyre my leader(yes im a cuck)

wew lad
>>
>>376477373
>he thinks bismarck is easy
>he's never had two tank shitters absolutely incapable of doing a tank swap no matter how many times they try.
>>
>>376485098
no it doesn't bother, I'm just predicting base on the current arc we are on. I'm interested atcually, I hope we'll get rune fencer back, to add in the middle eastern theme.
>>
>>376485057
>yoshi will add a job mid xpac if he can balance healers
job mid SB xpac confirmed never

>Onmyoji
it would be the closest we'll ever get to a shaman
>>
>>376484726
Monk is the funniest but you'll learn to hate 90% of the fights in this game
>>
>>376484993
I really think SAM would have been or at least looked cooler if it was a tank. I shouldn't judge until it's out in the open, but the animations look so damn boring.
>>
>>376484986
I find it fun. Buffing your goons with expanded balance is always satisfying until other AST replaces it with spear fuck you
>>
>>376485057
Wouldn't that be extremely redundant? Onmyoji are literally Japanese AST.
>>
>>376485224
SAM already looks retarded only using a katana so making it a tank would have been the nail in the coffin
>>
>>376485176
he was a pld but yes I group with shitters if they're fun to play with and have a tendency to make me laugh

friends are a concept you don't seem to understand
>>
>>376485274
In FFT, they mostly used spells associated with DRKs. Zombie, Slow, Osmose, Petrify. But they could always come up with something completely new for it.
>>
File: katana-vs-broadsword.gif (2MB, 310x191px) Image search: [Google]
katana-vs-broadsword.gif
2MB, 310x191px
>>376485224
aethestically SAm would look nice as tank, but this meme will ensue and intensify
>>
>>376484623
>spend the last two years fucking up dragons, about a dozen primals, demons, garleans, alternate universe counterparts, and getting drink-related ptsd

wol deserves a break
>>
>>376485327
>ppl who dominate me
>friends

Stop playing blm
>>
>>376461024
Hopefully they get Goring and RA in place of other skills like Cover/Tempered Will/Bulwark during Leveling to 50, instead of after 50.
>>
>>376485368
>your katana breaks after every instance despite it being at 100%
>>
>>376485402
anon I don't even have blm leveled, what the fuck are you on about
>>
File: 1470889603106.gif (1MB, 700x376px) Image search: [Google]
1470889603106.gif
1MB, 700x376px
>>376458784
>You likely have Aspected Benefic cast on you right now
>>
>>376485209
>Heal-nuke healer
>Mitigator healer
>Buff healer
How do you fix WHM?
>>
>>376485192
Nignogg requires tank swaps too. A lot more than Bismarck.
>>
File: 1489688970975.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489688970975.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Enjoy playing WHM/AST
>Figure I'll get the AST relic
>3/4th through Umbrite stage
>Tired of playing AST becasue 96% of the time all I draw is fucking Spire/Ewer
>Starting to wish I had done the WHM relic instead
>>
>>376485570
More twirling.
>>
>>376485570
you don't
>>
>>376485224
The SAM animations they've shown so far look really stiff and unnatural, even their combat stance. Compared to the fluidity of classes like NIN and DRK it looks like shit.
>>
>>376485274
>>376485332
it will be a shaman with a kitsune pet to rival scholar

>>376485570
you make balance 10% again(or 5%) and give WHM cheaper spell costs to warrant the weaker shroud
>>
>>376485107
As matter of fact, they do exist, and is actually common.
Average healer in ff use potion to their partners because they don't have the sufficient heal abilities like we do. Keep in mind that "Adventurers" in ffxiv are just common folks without our snowflake power. Job and classes are hard to obtain, and most people oftenly dont make it like we do it.
A prime example of this would be Edda, I remember somewhere mention that she couldn't cast heal as good as we do. Most of the time she have to rely on stock potion.
>>
File: 1387881677738.png (53KB, 302x386px) Image search: [Google]
1387881677738.png
53KB, 302x386px
Is it worth the pain of pugging Zurvan 10+ times to get a 265 weapon for my fresh 60 jobs?
>>
>>376485834
No.
>>
>>376485832
Using potions doesn't make Edda a Chemist. She was just a shitty Conjurer. She only became one to support her husbando, meaning she probably just didn't have the natural gift that most Conjurers have. It's a type of magic that relies on speaking to the Elementals, and not everyone is capable.
>>
>>376485758
I agree with you, but it's not that fair to judge since we've only seen like 3 skills, there is a chance they'll look way cooler once we see all the abilities they have available.

At the moment between the 2 new jobs though RDM looks way more fun.
>>
>>376485834
just spend 2 weeks or less farming 1k scrips and 4 a12n clears to get the shire weapon for no effort at all
>>
>>376485834
shire weapons
>>
File: 1492001584538.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1492001584538.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>mfw Dun Scaith
>mfw I was that DF shitter
>mfw these mechanics that just outright stop damage or make it very hard to dps
>mfw basically instant AOEs
>mfw all these invul stacks
>mfw all of these ohkos
>mfw seeing people STILL so good DPS regardless

I have a LOT to learn
>>
>>376486050
If you can learn weeping city's mechanics you can easily plow through dun scat
>>
>>376467442
Fire 3 is inconsistent as fuck for PPS because of not having enough MP for Thunder 1. You're either dropping thunder or an entire cast if you do that opener. Your only hope for that opener to be good is to get an MP tick directly after Blizzard 3.

>>376467207
Doing abilities between Fire 1 and Fire 3 is now considered clipping, now that you can go directly into Firestarter.

Do (-6s) Quelling > Sharpcast > (-3s) Ley Lines > Enochian > F1 > F3 > Swiftcast Raging > F4 > Pot > F4 > Convert > F1 > F4x4.> B3 > T1 > B4 > F3

The only thing clipped is a single convert. And you get the benefit of pot being on its own.
>>
File: 1442770778328.png (171KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1442770778328.png
171KB, 374x347px
>>376484726
>>376484736
>>376484959
>>376485157
>>376485216
>>376484697
>>376484694
So general consensus is NIN then?
>>
>>376486050
You just gotta learn the fights my man
The instant AoE around Scathach is easy to dodge by reaction if you're at max melee range
>>
>>376486615
http://www.mooglemedia.com/momo-kyuns-ninja-guide/
>>
>>376486626
You don't dodge when the AoE appears. You dodge when she does the animation. You have to watch her, not the ground.
>>
>>376486615
Nah Monk
>>
>>376486050
>>376486719
The instant AoE thing is also always preceded by the tank buster (when she does power geyser thing on the tank).
>>
>>376486615
NIN has always seemed to be the job /v/ loves the most, and for good reason
Lower GCD, lot of off GCDs, high burst, great utility, free movement speed, Shadewalker when your tank wont fucking pull
Meanwhile MNK is in the cuck shed/less interesting and DRG is somewhat clunky, albeit BotD is very interesting
>>
File: CcCzKbOUUAAOfRq.jpg (46KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
CcCzKbOUUAAOfRq.jpg
46KB, 530x298px
>>376484993
this is your next tank
>>
>>376486838
I dunno after playing NIN from 3.0 to now having to wait a whole 20 seconds for your opener fucking sucks.
>>
>>376486719
But I do dodge when the AoE appears by being max range
I don't pay attention to her animations and get through the fight just fine, barring the diagonal AoE with her wings
>>
>>376486359
Weeping city was cake compared to this dont even say that.
>>376486626
>>376486779
I guess I have to die over and over to learn these. I'm so focused on doing DPS I cant see mechanics much. I don't know how people do both at a time. I want to get the gear but I don't want to ruin parties doing this shit. Also FUCK those orb attacks that have DS2 hitboxes. I would run and still eat shit.
>>
>>376486407
The Fire III Rotation is a flat 1192.56 even with consideration of the MP tick.
The Fire 1 Rotation is a average 1,158.77 due to Firestarter being a 40% chance.
Fire 1 with out the proc = 941.04
Fire 1 with the proc = 1,485.36
>>
>>376486615
SAM will be the true top tier melee dps and the most entertaining to play. Everyone wanted a fucking sword dps so they can't screw the job up while they're obligated to make it overpowered.
>>
>>376483174
I just tell people to watch cutscenes if they want, but I go ahead and do the dungeon without them if they do.

It's not like missing 1 person slows it down anyway.
>>
>>376487017
Seeing as people already cried about muh charging attack , I doubted it.
>>
>>376487017
>and the most entertaining to play
It's shaping up to be MNK with a 2.5s GCD
I don't have a lot of faith in it being entertaining
>>
>>376486615
Yes.

As a previous monk main it's not a very interesting class. The rotation is basically laid out for you and even the most braindead of monkeys can follow the priority list with extreme ease, there's not a big difference between an okay monk and a good monk. It has a lot of oGCDs and the damage is good but it has no utility and the main "fun" from the class comes from the fact that you have to move for positionals a lot, which stops being fun and starts feeling like you're a robot automatically pushing buttons after you play endgame monk for a bit.
>>
>>376487017
SAM is gonna be broken as fuck, just like how FF XI SAM was always broken.
>>
File: Garo_crest2.png (999KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Garo_crest2.png
999KB, 1280x720px
>>376455926
how do i summon the garo armor instead of just wearing it
>>
>>376486971
>Weeping city was cake compared to this dont even say that.

Release day Ozma was a pure salt mine
>>
>>376487151
make a macro
>>
>>376484726
NIN
>>
>>376487017
Well Im just lookin for something fun to level until Stormblood. Already have blm (main), smn, drk, ast, and sch up to 60 so I wanted to try out a melee dps. Fuck sam for Stormblood tho, rdm is where its at.
>>
File: Ck1lKSFUgAE8EDI.jpg (88KB, 540x770px) Image search: [Google]
Ck1lKSFUgAE8EDI.jpg
88KB, 540x770px
>>376486869
What this comfiest ost in ffxiv
and why is it snowcloak.
>>
>>376487387
Night in the Brume is comfiest.
>>
>>376487387
is the*
>>
File: 1483219810572.png (288KB, 553x435px) Image search: [Google]
1483219810572.png
288KB, 553x435px
>>376487387
Twilight over Thanalan
Removing that song from night time Thanalan and sticking it into a couple cutscenes was a fucking crime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Mqf2KBBEc
>>
>>376487536
At least you can put it as your song for the FC house.
>>
>>376487581
If only you didn't get kicked out of your house every time you enter/exit a dungeon I'd actually hang out inside mine instead of at the market board in front of it
>>
>>376487536
huh I havent heard this or forgot about it. nice, saved.
>>
File: bee syrup.gif (74KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
bee syrup.gif
74KB, 1000x707px
>>376487387
>not sultana dreaming
fucking no
>>
File: 1492292997796.jpg (20KB, 225x257px) Image search: [Google]
1492292997796.jpg
20KB, 225x257px
>>376456237
The story is so ass that I skip all cutscenes and dialogue. I just decided to catch up cause I probably need to for stormblood and suddenly I saw a cutscene with a stupid mech shooting homing rockets at a dragon with some awful music so I just skipped it too. Then I saw another cutscene where some dude had both dragon eyes (let me guess he found them when you threw them off the bridge who would have known) so I didn't even bother to watch and just skipped that too.
>>
>>376487778
(you)
>>
>>376487387
I hope FFxiv do a collab with Yoko kanno for atleast one arc in the New world.
The game need more "mystical" atmosphere to feel like an atcual medieval fantasy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHQXIIRnss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVXg4r-3Mbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FeLLZ7eIU
>>
I just finished watching the long cut-scene at the end of 2.55, and it completely ruined the game for me. I absolutely loathe all the grand company leaders, the scions and all the other named characters. What a bunch of faggots, cowards and cunts.

My own character is a nodding retard.

Fuck this game. I am DONE.
>>
File: C7H-ZhZVAAAIC5o.jpg (76KB, 800x859px) Image search: [Google]
C7H-ZhZVAAAIC5o.jpg
76KB, 800x859px
>>376488106
goodnight anon, see you tomorrow.
>>
>Level a paladin to 60
>Wow this is boring as fucking shit
>Think tanking is lame.
>Get bored, start leveling dark knight
>wtf this is super fun
>get to 60, start tanking
Is Paladin an unfinished job? I am not kidding, it feels like a job that was a skeleton for other jobs, but then they never went back and finished it.
>>
>>376488106
see you tomorrow
>>
>>376488106
>OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T MY CHARACTER JUST SLAUGHTER THE ENTIRE CITY GUARD WHEN HE WAS ACCUSED OF REGICIDE THAT'S CLEARLY THE BEST OPTION
>WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T MERLWYB AND KAN-E RISK WAR WITH UL'DAH BY HELPING ME KILL EVERYONE AND HARBORING SOMEONE ACCUSED OF REGICIDE
>>
>>376488204
Compared PLD's kit to DRK's kit.

That should answer your question.
>>
>>376488106
Christ, I can't imagine being that emotionally involved with an MMO storyline.
>>
>>376488204
PLD is meant to be the tank for people who want to tank but can't handle focusing on their actions, only the most basic things a tank has to handle
DRK is just a straight improvement over PLD in playstyle and efficiency
>>
File: Cunt.jpg (53KB, 370x293px) Image search: [Google]
Cunt.jpg
53KB, 370x293px
>Want to do a Dun Scaith before going to sleep
>Go as a WAR to get some light bonus
>I'm in Group B so I naturally MT
>Notice that my health goes very fucking low, had to use Holmgang several time to survive
>Check the SCH when I suddenly notice that they have only 7k HP
>All their shit is broken and they just stand there doing nothing
>AST has to Heal everyone and me at the same time
>We never got the chance to kick the SCH but we basically have an awful
>When we're done and the AST leave that cunt throw (pic related)

I swear, some people are fucking shameless.
>>
File: ffxi_6.jpg (113KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
ffxi_6.jpg
113KB, 580x580px
>>376488290
I haven't been able to give a shit about an MMO storyline since XI desu
>>
>>376488196
>>376488228
Go kill yourself, you mongoloid faggots. I am never coming back. The game is ruined and tainted forever now.
>>376488257
>YES LET'S JUST IMMEDIATELY BELIEVE SOME MIDGET FUCK AND LEAVE THE WARRIOR OF LIGHT WHO, ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS, HAVE SAVED OUR CITIES

Does this shitty ass community have any standards when it comes to story content?
>>
Heard FFXI is brining back its free trial
how limiting is it compared to XIV's
>>
>>376488390
Could you at least post one of the characters that wasn't shit? Holy fuck all the main stories were just you following around a mary sue, talk about the job plotlines, the lore, or the city state history instead.
>>
>>376488308
>Go into 24m raids as healer
>Do literally nothing the entire instance
>Refuse to roll on loot so I can't be kicked
>Thank my team for a free carry
>>
File: Tenzen.jpg (13KB, 200x275px) Image search: [Google]
Tenzen.jpg
13KB, 200x275px
>>376488487
eat shit
>>
>>376488439
Literally not a single fucking person believed the accusations, and you'd know that if you talked to NPCs around the city afterwards. The point is the accusation itself. If whoever took charge of Ul'dah afterwards wanted to use Merlwyb or Kan-E's support of you to cut off the Alliance or begin war, those are some major fucking issues. Merlwyb does a lot of stupid bullshit, but she made the right call there not risking major economic issues and possible war.

But you're just a stupid faggot who wants to see an epic fight scene where the WoL bands together with all his friends and beats up the bad guys!!! So cool!!!
>>
>>376488308
>AST actually bitching about having to solo heal

The SCH was scum and should have been kicked for basically enforcing himself to be carried but the AST was worse for complaining about all the wrong things.
>>
>>376488439
<casting esuna> removing {salt of corruption} on <t> ass.
"sadly butthurt can't be cure"
>>
>>376488473
They are almost incomparable as games.

I think FF11 is one of the best games of all time. It's aesthetics have aged brilliantly. Also the Trust system means it's functionally a single player game now (which helps since its not THAT populated).

Also best class system I've ever seen in a game.
>>
>>376488473
Rather than limiting, it's just a completely different game, you can hardly say it's the same genre
If you've never played it before I don't know if I'd bother though
>>
>>376455926
ass
>>
>>376486698
ohhh so that's how you properly use the job
>>
File: Karaha-Baruha.jpg (32KB, 180x239px) Image search: [Google]
Karaha-Baruha.jpg
32KB, 180x239px
>>376488580
>posts another shit character
Anon pls.
>>
>>376488625
majority of ffxiv player can't into context clue. Show dont tell didn't really do it for them.
>>
>>376488625
Merlwyb is a useless dumb fucking cunt, same with the Gridania whore. The only one not a complete piece of shit is Raubahn. But nice attempt trying to justify this bullshit, you fucking inbred moron. I ever see YoshiP I'll spit in his face for having me endured this bullshit.
>>
File: fug.png (145KB, 1023x575px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
145KB, 1023x575px
>launch the game
>browse /v/ while waiting for the game to load on my second screen
>nothing happens
>this shit is still open in the background
Still 5 more days of this notification appearing every time I launch the game. Why would they do this?
>>
>>376488862
So people don't whine about not knowing about the maintenance. They still will.
>>
>>376488842
Raubahn is just a dumb ala mhigger that chimped out at the worst time and only caused more problems
>>
>>376488685
>XI's formula is dead forever and will never be expanded upon again

Feels bad.
>>
>>376488862
Because it's a long maintenance. Better have a long warning instead of thousands of people complaining the 1 day they planned off for the week has the game down.
>>
>>376488756
one bit that people dont know about is that they assume that fuma shuriken is outclassed by raiton in all instances after you get it, but because of how damage types work and gcd clipping that's not exactly the case
>>
>>376488842
>Merlwyb is a useless dumb fucking cunt
Yes, she is. That's really her entire character and you would've figured it out if you paid attention beforehand.
>first order upon taking office was to declare herself dictator for as long as she feels like
>second order was to outlaw piracy, which the nation was founded on
>continues pointless aggressions against Kobolds despite them being able to summon Titan for 15 fucking years now because she only cares about stealing their shit
>could instead dedicate those military resources to kicking the Sahagin out of Halfstone or the Garleans out of Wineport, but she doesn't
>calls the WoL to fix up her primal problems (one of which she is entirely responsible for) and then fucks off until she needs him again
>>
How long will be the NA server maintenance again?
2 days?
>>
File: 1429152571531.jpg (82KB, 900x608px) Image search: [Google]
1429152571531.jpg
82KB, 900x608px
>>376489003
Pantheon should be similar
It's supposed to be new EQ, and XI was always an EQ clone

Might be amazing, might be garbage/dead on arrival, it is a mystery
>>
>>376489003
I ocassionally go back to it for its nostalgia value but it definetely sucks not being able to make parties for exp like you used to. Or having a main story thing actually be a big deal.

After going through like half of CoP again with my significant other, I seriously wonder why I was so scared of Phominua Aqueducts back in the day, maybe its because it was 40capped though we duo'd it at like 50.
>>
>>376488308
>I'm in Group B so I naturally MT
What does your party have to do if you're MT or not? This sounds like the retard levels on WoD where you divide the parties for Cerberus.
>>
>>376489003
There are two things in gaming that, I think are absolutely brilliant, yet am baffled as to why no one has ever tried to copy them or "rip them off" so to speak.

One of them is the FF11 job system. It's fuckin brilliant. It's amazingly fun, a huge amount of room for variety and variations in how the game plays. It's just crazy how good it is, but I've never seen anything like it.

The second is the dragon gene system from BoF3. It's probably one of the coolest and most fun things in gaming, yet no one has even done a paltry imitation of it. Not as in "Tried but failed", but no one has even tried. It's like no one noticed it.

Whatever.
>>
>>376488685
>Also the Trust system means it's functionally a single player game now

it is but so much stuff is still fucking obnoxious.

>you are now remembering the fucking mountain in CoP
>>
>>376489189
Group B tank is the MT, that's just how it goes usually.
I still don't understand why NA players fight each other over tanking though...
>>
>>376489071
FFXI was an EQ "Clone" in terms of progression but not a carbon copy. Speaking as a oldfag that played EQ, the class system in XI is pretty unique and I haven't seen anything like it in other games.

Sub Job and Main Job might seem like an extremely simple concept, but the class design is where the "class system" really shines.

>You will never experience:
>Blue Mage
>Puppetmaster
>Scholar
>Dancer
>Samurai
>Ninja
>Corsair
>a real Bard
>For the first time, ever again
>>
>>376489191
>It's fuckin brilliant. It's amazingly fun, a huge amount of room for variety and variations in how the game plays.
>the community figures out the "best" one in 45 minutes and you're exiled if you don't choose that combination

it's great on paper though
>>
File: 1397220731145s.jpg (8KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1397220731145s.jpg
8KB, 211x246px
>connection with the server was lost
>>
>>376489071
L M A O

Brad's a fucking cocaine addict, and every single retard that's working on pantheon is a shitty washed up heroin or coke addict as well.

>crowd funding a MMO

how stupid is the average MMO gamer? It nearly caused square to go bankrupt when they failed 1.0, a company worth billions. But sure, let's pitch in 10 bucks to gain forum access, the game might be a success!
>>
>>376489263
>complaining about a single player RPG experience having actually intricate dungeons

Anon please, would you prefer XIV's narrow hallways with ocassional trash mobs?
>>
>>376489309
On Chaos it's usually the PLD or DRK who tanks. Or the overenthustiastic WAR who won't turn Defiance off.
>>
there are people who care about MMO storys hahahahaha
>>
>>376489396
there are intricate dungeons, and then there's timed, nearly invisible, 1 pixel pathways that you can fall off and have to start over
>>
>>376489356
>Best one
I can guarantee you that each job had multiple sub jobs and equipment sets for it to use. Some sets were used more than others but the versatility was still very much there.

Scholar is the most obvious example of this. You could run it as a full time healer with WHM sub and it even did some things better than WHM, full time nuker with BLM sub with way better MP to damage drop ratio than BLM, or being able to do any of those at any given time while also debuffing with RDM sub at the cost of more book charge usage.
>>
>>376489356
It's really great now, simply because of the 99 cap and the Trust system means you can explore a lot of options. SAM/RUN turned out to be a fantastic setup because so many of the fights need elemental stuff for triggers and phases.

Yah I remember the old days where you had just a few possible options, but even then I remember there was a decent variety within a class.
>>
File: Yoshi.png (680KB, 746x641px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshi.png
680KB, 746x641px
>>376489421
What if you got 2 PLD are a DRK, or 2 DRK and a PLD? Or 3 of each?
>>
File: 1487134428344.jpg (35KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487134428344.jpg
35KB, 340x480px
>>376489263
>you will never struggle to find your way through an area with friends again because average MMO players prefer hallways
>>
>>376489570
Then it's the sucker who won't turn Grit/Shield Oath off. Simple really.
>>
>>376489605
Umm, some of us have lives, sweetie. When I come home from work, I just want to relax before I spend time with my kids. I don't want my video game to be a second job. Thanks to Yoshi-P for making a game for us adult gamers! :^)
>>
File: 1443633739430.png (57KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
1443633739430.png
57KB, 390x390px
>>376489696
My friend is getting cucked by someone like this.
>>
>>376489696
>my kids
>not my wife's son

0/10 bait
>>
>>376483937
>I don't believe for a second it was rushed out
Besides the client running in debug mode, all the dev shit in the files they later had to patch out (too late at that point), and missing blatantly simple shit at launch but would tease it none the less, the airship and chocobo.
>>
>>376489748
It was clearly the part of the woman, anon.

>>376489730
Save him, faggot.
>>
>>376489605
Just quit the game after you finish all the relevant content from every major patch and come back on the next major patch, it will honestly give a similar feel to old MMOs because everything will feel new. The novelty wears off fast because the content's design is trash though.
>>
>>376489797
I've tried, man. He's chin deep, too far gone.
>>
>>376489826
>and come back on the next major patch
If you don't care for raiding, the 4 days of play they do a month after every major update is all you need to catch up with.
>>
File: 1475571289667.jpg (66KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475571289667.jpg
66KB, 500x375px
>>376489826
I know that's the ideal way to play MMOs now, but fuck me I just want to sit down and progress my character in some way
>>
>>376489696
work 40 hours a week and fucking this. playing vanilla wow on elysium was a fucking chore, having to wait for a day off just to get lost for hours in BRD, having to walk every where to be level 40. all this tedious shit just to appear hardcore "real gamers" is dumb
>>
File: ௵.jpg (6KB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
6KB, 249x174px
>>376489934
The post you're replying to was ironic
>>
>>376489934
Bitch my dad worked 60 hours a week his whole life and was still a top level raider in EQ because he actually enjoyed it. If you don't enjoy something, go play something else instead of fucking the entire genre away from people who do and turning it into a daily 'good job!' simulator.
>>
>>376489934
Why the fuck are you playing a mmo if you don't have time for it you cunt?
>>
>>376472518
This is how I am but with WoW. I debate whether or not to resub, then I decide to go to the /vg/ general thread on it and it's a quick reminder to come back to my senses.
>>
>>376489934
My uncle and I worked the same job 40-50 hours a week and we were both in a top end LS in XI
You're just a lazy cunt that wants everything handed to you without working for it
>>
>>376490010
Yeah, and he had to go out of his way to use flowery faggot speech just to make sure everyone knew he was being ironic because what he said wouldn't even be unreasonable otherwise.
>>
>>376490124
>wants everything handed to you without working for it
true.

>go play something else instead of fucking the entire genre away from people who do and turning it into a daily 'good job!' simulator.
too late, I won, the genre caters to me
>>
>>376490124
Good goyim.

We totally respect your time. Now continue repeating the same task like its your job and pay US for the privilege.
>>
>>376490314
delete this
>>
>>376490310
You need to stop typing shaming
>>
>>376490314
Well played.
>>
File: 1463910062408.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1463910062408.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>Its a XIfags try to be relevant episode
>>
>>376490314
>>
I hope they drop the ex roulette in SB, and just make a single level 70 roulette with the same reward--level as ex.
>>
The story never gets good. People will tell you it gets good when Empire, it gets good when Ishgard, it gets good when dragons; it's never good. It will make you want to pluck your ears and close your eyes. The only good quest ark in the game is the detective. If you need the game to have a good story, don't play FFXIV.
>>
>>376490606
They won't do it because of dungeon scaling vs ilvl.
>>
>>376490606
Or go back to actually making 3 dungeons at a time
>>
>>376490516
The threads dying anyway anon, and I'd rather the xi fags post rather than xivg shitposters or wow faggots
>>
File: ffxivgame2011-04-1420-sqyi.jpg (398KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
ffxivgame2011-04-1420-sqyi.jpg
398KB, 900x506px
Late night lala posting!
>>
>>376490648
Rise of the horde was fuckin baller.
>>
>>376490668
Having 3 dungeons won't fix shit as long as they still have the same trashes > trashes > boss x 3 formula.
>>
File: JP20170504_03.jpg (329KB, 630x373px) Image search: [Google]
JP20170504_03.jpg
329KB, 630x373px
>>376490764
>>
>>376486979
Losing an entire cast is pretty fucking bad, dude.
>>
>>376490764
It's the problem with the whole currency-farming method ARR is built upon. People want shit done fast, so they use a cookie-cutter layout for all their dungeons so they're all completed around the same timeframe, otherwise people will whine and only do the faster of the 2-3 dungeons when roulette bonus is used up.
>>
File: 1483580096431.jpg (77KB, 567x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483580096431.jpg
77KB, 567x400px
>>376490716
>>
File: 1491355333689.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491355333689.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>
>>376490995
Single greatest gif.
>>
>>376490863
Instead of giving same rewards, make rewards scale based on how long it's supposed to take to complete the dungeon? A trivial fix.
>>
>>376491061
They tried that with Pharos Sirius in 2.1 offering more Myths and people whined it was too hard.
>>
>>376491152
So people whine in any case? You can't rationalize any choice by saying that people whined then?
>>
>>376491238
From SE's business standpoint? Yes.
>>
>>376491061
AION had a very great dungeon called "dark poeta".
The final boss would change depending of the numbers of points you amassed in the dungeon (either by collecting different objectif or killed a X amount of mobs killed) and by how fast you would do it.

With this you could have a boss with something similar to a EX trial, or a shitty trash mob, completely depending of how you played.
>>
Does the dailies from 2.0 give decent exp for 50-60?
>>
>>376491330
Beast tribe dailies? Fuck no.
>>
>>376490835
>Literally my mother's chocobo racing track

Is yoshi even trying
>>
>>376491279
No, I mean, people whine in any case. Choosing either does not stop the whining so from any perspective, neither choice improves the whining situation so people whining can't be used as rationale for any choice.
>>
>>376491330
Level 50 roulette is okay. It scales you to the same level exp bonus. If you're a dps you could add some level 50s while you queue for the HW ones.
>>
File: 1468701771521.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1468701771521.png
56KB, 491x585px
>queue for expert
>tank d/cs during the first boss
>DPS says he'll be back, he knows him
>proceed to tank the rest of the dungeon on NIN
>kill the last boss just fine
Why is it acceptable to clear the highest end dungeons without even having a tank
Holy shit why does everything do so little damage
>>
>>376491330
they give you mounts
>>
>>376481141
But PLDs look so much cooler.
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.