[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This series gets a lot of undeserved hate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1c27163899134975de88c7b05181f6d7.jpg (996KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1c27163899134975de88c7b05181f6d7.jpg
996KB, 1280x800px
This series gets a lot of undeserved hate.
>>
File: tard.png (8KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
tard.png
8KB, 252x200px
It does? I thought it was pretty critically acclaimed
>>
>>376448030

well they got bribed for doing so
>>
>>376447885
The problem of this series is that it's stale. One was interesting new territory for it's time. Second improved on it. By the time 3 came out it was a bit old and tired with no real changes to it's formula, then Last of Us and Uncharted 4 came out and I have no idea how people can still care about these games.
>>
>>376447885
Just finished the first one again. Apart from some bloopers in the plot, It's pretty fucking solid. Easy 8/10
>>
>>376447885
It got a lot of undeserved praise, more like.
>>
>>376448569
There was a big enough gap in time between 3 and 4 for me to care again. Almost five years.
>>
>>376447885
>This series gets a lot of undeserved hate.

You know its only hated here right? Its pretty much loved and considered a system seller everywere else.
>>
They're fun games, except for 3.
>>
>>376448569

It's like Tomb Raider,first two kinda OK,third one snooze fest,fourth one don't even get me started
>>
uncharted 2 is one of the best games of 7th gen
>>
So is the hook of the Uncharted series just "TPS with action cinema presentation"?
>>
>>376448923
Nah, more like "Indiana Jones game u always wanted"
>>
>>376448923
tomb raider replacement after tomb raider was a dead franchise, and before it became viable again.
>>
>>376447885

They incredibly stale and have no flavor. It's basic blockbuster movie - the game
>>
>>376448923
The hook is that it's an interactive summer blockbuster film with early to mid '00s TPS mechanics.
>>
>>376449636
But these types of games weren't as common back in the late 00s.
>>
File: King Ramses.webm (1MB, 700x566px) Image search: [Google]
King Ramses.webm
1MB, 700x566px
>>376447885
No, it's actually the opposite.
I've played the first 3 and man what a disappointment for all that hype. It's surmised mostly of cool set pieces. It's not a great TPS, the platforming isn't exactly best in class and it has some hand to hand combat that was unbelievably shitty.

It gets too much praise as a game for high production values and doing set pieces right, at a time where few others had them of the same fashion. But personally, I don't reckon set pieces can carry a game.
3 was my favourite. Mostly because it has the best set pieces. The gameplay isn't really all that great in any of them so I don't see another way to look at it. It mixed in some stealth sections too which were alright for what they were.

If you want a good TPS play something like Vanquish, or even Gears of War. if you want a game that's "like a movie", go with Uncharted
>>
>>376447885
It's fun for what it is, they aren't amazing and they aren't bad either. They're just fun for one playthrough. 2 is the only one I replayed since that game is just too damn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e_QvyK6GU
>>
>shitty shooting
>THATS NOT WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT11!
>shooting makes up 70% of the game...
>>
>>376447885
This series gets a very acceptable amount of deserved hate.

>boring shooting
>game gives you mechanics to run and gun iwth the steel fist, but doing so is suicidal
>forced to stick behind cover due to omnicient enemy AI and excessive enemies
>climbing is totally on rails.
>>
>>376447885
It got more undeserved praise.
See >>376448030, because he is right.
>>
I am just glad it ended before they could fuck it up even more. The jew that directs (or writes?) it now is a fucking degenerate SJW. The fact that we get a DLC with the literal worst character combination possibly simply because Nadine is a nigger woman proves this. Why not fucking Sully? Or Nates brother? Or ANYTHING but the 2 least interesting characters.
>>
>>376449917
What kind of games? Bombastic games leaning heavily on action set pieces and a cinematic approach to level design? Not really true, Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, HL2: Episode Two to name a few all came out in the same year.

They weren't as common before the explosion in late 00s but they were still around, from Max Payne to Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit and others.

UC helped funnel the industry towards shallow "it must look cool" design in games but it was shite in every other aspect whereas there were cinematic games around its time that actually nailed the gameplay too.
>>
It's so boring, only good part is shooting, and even that can be boring. I guess it's a "cinematic" game but I can just watch a movie instead for cheaper.
>>
hes not wrong

https://youtu.be/r7jENdua7bw?t=2827
>>
2>4>3>1
>>
I played every uncharted, I'm almost finished with 4 and I can say it's the most overrated shit ever

Uninteresting story about a cool guy who saves the world again and again, boring shooter who abuses of covers and very short, the first took me 5 hours but glad they are short so I don't need to expose myself to that pain
>>
yeah, its funny how /v/ praises the ever loving fuck with the jak series but also shit on uncharted when the two series are on par with each other.
>>
>>376450647
Define cinematic fag
You sure use it a lot to justify your opinion
>>
>>376450953
Opinions aren't facts
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.