[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a guy out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Which western RPG has the best story?
I want to know because I never finished any RPG main story, except few of them.
Doesn't matter when it was made.
>>
Skyrim duh
>>
>>376445660
Planescape Torment no contest. Not really perfect as a game, but the story is great.
>>
>>376445660
Witcher 3

Sure it's the third in a series but it still fleshes itself well enough and is self-contained in its specific storyline for you to appreciate it, though your experience would be without a fuller appreciation for all of the characters and their motivations, developments, and relationships in their totality.
>>
>>376445719
>>376446161
>>376446310
These three I actually finished, Planescape is great (although some things could have been made different), Witcher 3 is crap, and I won't even talk about Skyrim.
>>
>>376445660
Objectively New Vegas, but Witcher 2 and 3 are good too. Then again, story is the only thing about Witcher 2 that isn't garbage.
>>
>>376446745
Does Fallout 2 have a good story? I liked the first one's and New Vegas' stories.
>>
>>376445660
>>376446597
If you played Planescape then i guess thats about the only game with a very worthy story to be held up to a book standar.

If you want a very long story with a good climax, play BG 1 & 2.
>>
>>376447813
>Fallout 1 & 2 story

Ehhh...i would say they are at best decent.

What makes fallout good is the C&C and the whole world lore around it, the story just pushes enough so you can experience the post-apoc world.
>>
>>376448017
True, but I loved the ending in Fallout 1, how it was presented, the story as whole could have been a bit longer and more in depth.
>>
>>376446745
>>376447813
>>376448017
Fallout 1 and 2 have a lot more going on, story wise, because they didn't have to voice every little bit of dialogue. You've got a lot more freedom for branches and explanations when you're not paying matthew perry to call you a chump
>>
>>376448417
>Fallout 1 and 2 have a lot more going on, story wise

Storywise, fallout 1 just gives you enough motivation to get the fuck out of the vault and ask like a litte kid on every town to get the waterchip.

However in the search for the waterchip you realize how much freedom and shit to learn there is.

But still, a story is something to push you forward and learn about it, Fallout 1 just makes the player take in the whole world they made.
>>
>>376448417
Yeah, I hate voice acting because of this. And it reminds me of Skywind's failure.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.