[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people hate this game? i thought it was pretty fun the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (4MB, 1920x1080px)
file.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
why do people hate this game? i thought it was pretty fun

the hook blade was neat too
>>
>tfw I'm playing this right now
I think the hate comes from the fact it was too much of the same.

Granted, AC2 and ACB didn't have a lot of differences between them either, but the initial leap forward between AC1 and 2 was so large that people really didn't care. By ACR things were getting stale.

Or that's just how I see it.
>>
>>376438605
In this one, the master feels heavy as fuck, I guess it's like he's holding the legacy of the msulim/hawk bloodline.
Assassin's Creed II was better, amzing setting and gameplay.
>>
>>376438605
I liked the hookblade and bomb crafting a lot. Revelations was one of the better games in the series, honestly. Far better than Brotherhood.
>>
File: 1446752515726.jpg (181KB, 363x321px)
1446752515726.jpg
181KB, 363x321px
>>376438605
I replayed it recently and it's pretty boring up until the last quarter of the game plus the altair missions. There also just isn't a whole lot to do other than money sponge collectibles. Bomb crafting is a neat idea but what you could do was way too situational most of the time to where anything besides smoke and cherry bombs were near useless, hookblade just sped up climbing and gave you ways to run from fights rather than kill people and get notoriety up.

And this is mostly my personal opinion but I just don't really like Ezio, he's such a cookie-cutter "insert protagonist here" character. I'm pretty sure every problem in his series happened because the bad guy was two steps ahead of him rather than it being his actual fault like Altair or Edward. Only at the end of the game in question does he show any actual character where he has "Seen too much for one life" and leaves the apple where it is.
>>
>>376439272
My brother wanted to get into asscreed so he picked up the ezio edition and played brohood first

He was so bored and uninterested he didn't even bother touching the others afterwards
>>
>>376438605
Most people were sick of the formula at this point. I remember when I first played through it, I was barely willing to get the ultimate armor or complete the side content, or touch the online modes because it was getting a little stale after playing Brotherhood to completion.

After replaying it five or so years later, I think it's a fantastic game. It reminds me of what I love about the first game. The map size is just right, the bombs and crossbow are fun to use, the story wraps up nicely, and Constantinople doesn't feel as bare as Rome.
>>
>>376439272
The bomb crafting was cool but not the hook.
It felt like a fast travel mechanistic when the original gameplay was about running, climing, jumping, etc..
>>
>>376438605
It was boring. Both stories (past/present) were confusing whitout reason. Tower defence was awful and forced.
Setting and side characters were unintresting.
Ezio fatigue kicked in, also.
And, lets face it, Brotherhood had one of best CGI trailers ever. It hyped up everyone at the time. It had no chance to deliver, no matter how good the game would be.
>>
Brotherhood is the best game of the series, but as the color scheme is full of red and white, I prefer to play Ass II.
>>
>>376438605
story and plot wise, it was the best AC game by far
>>
>No books
>>
AC Revelations is a pretty cool game, but the franchise was already oversaturated, if Ubisoft didn't release a new AC every year, everyone would like AC Revelations more
>>
It's just a sloppy rehash for Brotherhood that adds little to the plot.
>>
The series was starting to get stale at this point, I remember completing AC2 and wanting more, so Brotherhood felt perfect since it was like an expansion to AC2, with some new stuff and a multiplayer mode I could waste a few hours in.

When I got to Revelation fatigue kicked in, since it was basically Brotherhood all over again, with even more Ezio.
>>
>>376441426
Honestly had this series been bi-yearly instead people would have complained about it a lot less.
>>
the only flaw that it had imo was the tower defense segments

i liked old man ezio and the bomb crafting was pretty awesome/bombs in general were sick, i wish the games stuck with a similar mechanic.
>>
>>376440543
Did you meant to say Revelations had one of the best CGI trailers ever?
>>
>they realized Altair was as interesting as a brick so they made a game to flesh him out and his parts were still trash
>garbage optional content: e.g. assassinations replaced with boring mentor shit, tower defense, bomb crafting that further trivializes the game
>Constantinople is a shit city with very little variety

Other than these it's just Brotherhood with a less interesting story. It improved nothing and made certain things worse.
>>
>>376442343
Yes, my mistake.
>>
File: 1461651150788.png (229KB, 871x900px)
1461651150788.png
229KB, 871x900px
Brotherhood > 2 > Black Flag > 1 > 3 > Revelations

didn't play the rest
>>
>>376442906
Constantinople had a great atmosphere, but Rome felt like... well it's the motherfucking Rome.

>>376441932
Assassin's Creed II was so good that Reveletations and Brotherhood felt like huge DLCs of the original game. That's partly why Assassin's Creed III was so overly hyped and finally felt so disappointing.
>>
From what I recall the game was low on both fun assassinations, and any really important revelations. Unless you have a boner for Constantinople there's no reason to put it over Brotherhood.
>>
We are ALL assassins! XD
>>
>>376443636
>Constantinople had a great atmosphere, but Rome felt like... well it's the motherfucking Rome.
thing is: that's not an excuse what so ever

Rome at the time of the games was a pale shadow of its ancient splendor while Constantinople was by all rights the single most important city in the entire world.
>>
>>376439272
Agreed, but the datura and shrapnel bombs felt a bit OP.
>>
It's kike propaganda trying to normalize dune coon religion being pushed on the west.

Everyone involved in this game at the level where they were aware of the propaganda purposes should be executed.
>>
>>376438605
It was interesting to see two past lives meet, sort of, at the end.
>>
File: 1447387933750.jpg (236KB, 691x625px)
1447387933750.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>376443949
>Turk Constantinople
>Not a pale shadow
>>
>>376438605
I thought this one was better than Brotherhood or 2. I actually liked Ezio in it, the setting was better and felt more authentically assassins creed-y than italy, and getting to see what happened with Altair was good too.
>>
>>376438742

I'm doing a playthrough of the entire series at the moment and I'm starting to lose interest now I'm on Revelations. It's not a bad game, but as you said it's just more of the same.
>>
>>376443949
>the Renaissance Rome wasn't great to see
>literal sand nigger city was better
Well meme'd friend.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.