[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divinity Original Sin 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15

File: 123805.jpg (1020KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123805.jpg
1020KB, 1920x1080px
Are you ready for the game that will have the best Game Master Mode since Neverwinter Nights 2 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9cPK2_qKU
>>
>>376420868

>still no release date

Guess I'll just have to listen to old soundtracks in the meanwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSDrZM7URPQ
>>
>>376420868
No, because I don't play shitty h&s garbage.

>l-look at all these gimmicks we're adding?
How about you add actual fucking roleplaying that was completely absent from the first game? How about making your character build choices matter outside of combat like in the first game where you could max out charisma in the first town and autosucceed any persuasion checks in the game?
>>
File: rolldice.jpg (745KB, 1687x923px) Image search: [Google]
rolldice.jpg
745KB, 1687x923px
>>376421075
>How about making your character build choices matter outside of combat

It did.
>>
Twitch stream at 4pm PT with Matt Mercer, Jesse Cox, Dodger, Strippin and Bikeman.

We will be able to see live how it work.
>>
>>376420868

This game seems to be flying way under the radar. Really strange after the original game was so popular.
>>
>>376421942
I think people stop making thread on /v/ because they get shitpost a lot by anon like him >>376421075 and Age of Decadence fanboy.
>>
>>376420868
I want to want this game but the first one sucked to try to play coop because of how inflexible it was.
>>
>>376420868
Post the gifs from the email, I am too lazy to do it myself.
>>
>>376421942

They have had the game in "early access" Since September 2016, people lost interest which i don't blame them.
>>
>>376421004
Coming through with best song.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ij0eebp1zw
>>
>>376422134
>>
>>376422159

I've always liked track 19 for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18i_g9knULM&t=49m34s
>>
>>
>>376421246
You're not showing any actual information with that screenshot, dumbfuck. Being able to roll a statcheck does not mean that the said statcheck has any meaningful effect or consequence. Wake me up when Larian proves that they can design multi-solution quests where alternative solutions depend on the way you've built your character, because they were completely incapable of doing so in the first game due to how horrendously Charisma and related Charisma checks were handled. You were able to max out Charisma literally a couple of hours into the game by buying random +charisma loot in Cyseal and never having to worry about ANY checks in the game, because, apart from literally 3 instances of character trait checks (Forgiving and Independent traits) having effect on alternative quest solutions, all the alternative quest solutions in the game that are skill dependent are bound to charisma only.
>>
>>
>>376422159
It's good but not the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfhmQdI14go
>>
Only divinity games I've played is Divine Divinity 2002 and original sin 1. Are any of the other games worth playing through?
>>
>>376423260
Ego Draconis is worth it.
Beyond Divinity only if you are desperate for more.
Dragon Commander is enjoyable but isn't a "RPG".
>>
>>376423260
If you've played D:OS and liked it, you might as well play the rest of Larian's trash including Beyond Divinity.
>>
Well that's pretty neat. Looking forward to actually playing the thing whenever it's finished. Backed it, but I hate playing unfinished games
>>
>>376420868
>Divinity games
DnD for kids.
>>
Shame the composer for the first game died, I wonder how they'll top the music in this game
>>
>>376424228
> I wonder how they'll top the music in this game

I'm not sure it's even possible. Kirill music was part of the Divinity DNA.
>>
>>376420868

"You hear that guys, night? NIGHT!..."
>>
File: powerpoint.gif (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
powerpoint.gif
1MB, 700x394px
>>376422284
>>376422405
>>376422550
It will be just like Neverwinter Nights, says an increasingly nervous man for the 17th time.

Please be like NWN and revive the modding scene.
>>
File: dice.jpg (114KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
dice.jpg
114KB, 700x396px
>>376424228
I know the new guy personally, he is a nice dude.
And having every character pick their own personal instrument will be an interesting little twist.
>>
File: enemies.jpg (110KB, 700x391px) Image search: [Google]
enemies.jpg
110KB, 700x391px
Hopefully the engine allows people to import new models as well, or edit existing models.
I know its unlikely in today's restricted copyright bullshit, but a man can dream.
>>
>>376422110
>first one sucked to try to play coop because of how inflexible it was.

nani?
>>
File: no.gif (941KB, 280x206px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
941KB, 280x206px
>tonka fantasy rpg 2
>>
>>376422110
whaaaaaaat
it was the exact opposite
>>
>>376420868
Is this ever releasing? Feels like it's been in EA for a year
>>
>>376426385
No date atm.
>>
>>376426485

I thought the plan was for a 2017 full release, but it's been a while-may have been pushed back.

Which would suck.
>>
>>376427329
Still 2017 but Larian didn't announce a month
>>
>>376427329
The previous game was delayed a few months after its original date, we may see that again.
>>
Where's the fucking Undead playable race though? Where's the release date?
>>
>>376427493

I mean in terms of an update-haven't heard much since they talked about summoning and polymorphing.
>>
>>376427676
They aren't adding it to the early access, saving for release.
>>
>>376427735
At the end of the video he mentioned a big patch in the coming weeks with a bunch of changes, though he didn't say what.
>>
>>376420868
I am.
>>
File: 1407415254508.gif (808KB, 245x225px) Image search: [Google]
1407415254508.gif
808KB, 245x225px
>>376420868
>lost minds of the philanderer

Could they not have chosen a better 5e adventure as an example? Jesus fuck, reddit.
>>
>>376422365
>>376422159
>>376423002
Cannot compare to lanilor lane.
Lanilor lane is the ultimate adventure song! Just wants me to go on a quest.

Too bad /v/ is too autistic to accept that a game is good if it had some sort of success.
a shame.
>>
>>376429747
>>376422365
>>376422159
>>376423002

Superior track coming through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmxy2t3HCRA
>>
>>376429636
It has to be something that works with the default game 3D models and environments too.
Divinity is not D&D, keep in mind.
>>
I really need to actually play OS properly some time. I get to the first town, Cyseal, and just kind of lose interest. It seems like a game the gets better when you push past the beginning.
>>
File: DSA.jpg (230KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSA.jpg
230KB, 1024x576px
>>376420868
Fucking Hell this is gonna be the best fucking thing ever. The only thing I love more than videogames is beer and classical tabletop RPG.

I play DSA for nearly 15 years now and can't wait to fuck around with the Master-Tool.
>>
>>376421075
>I have not bothered playing DOS2 at all
>I did not watch the video

Lazy fucking retard
>>
>>376430284
Cyseal is great but its great exactly once because theres only so many ways to solve the murder mystery. after that you can get way more into character builds and the combat.
>>
>>376430284
There is a lot to do in the first town. The game gets more focused later, less to do, more fighting.
Some people like not having a million side quests and houses to enter, I guess that is you? If so it does get better later.

Treat it like the first town in Neverwinter OC, where you have four directions to go to complete four quests.
The four doors of the city open to the different "difficulty" subzones. Do the lighthouse first.
>>
>>376430371
>DSA

Hello Germanfag, i for one prefer my tabletop RPG not be a second job in accounting.

Theres actually a DSA Tactical RPG out there aswell but no DM mode. Its called Blackguards, the sequal is supposedly not great tho.
>>
>>376430646
I played the shit out of Blackguards but it honestly felt like a bad tactical RPG than a DSA game at all.

>I for one prefer my tabletop RPG not be a second job in accounting.
Great thing about DSA is, it's as complex as you want it to be. And most germans chose to make it really fucking complex.
>>
>>376430446
>Some people like not having a million side quests and houses to enter, I guess that is you? If so it does get better later.

When it's all concentrated in one small area it gets overwhelming. And of course if I don't enter every building and take every side quest I see I feel like I'm missing content, but then my quest log gets so long and filled with crap I get bogged down and have to stop playing.

Pacing is important and Cyseal could have done with less fluff in the town to see that the player moves on in good time. You can spend a whole day in Cyseal by the time you've found the two-way teleporting stones, progressed a bit of the main story, picked up the extra party members and quizzed every townspeople about the murder.
>>
Is the Divinity Original sin good? I've never played it but it looks interesting.
>>
>>376430954
At this point ive decided that DnD 4e for all that its hated is basically what i wanted out of a PnP: Final Fantasy Tactics: The boardgame with added roleplaying.

Now i just need to homebrew Divinitys surfaces.

>>376431135
Thing is that optional realy does mean optional in divintiy, youre not realy meant to do everything. If you do you tend to outlevel your enemies a lot.
>>
As someone who regularly plays DnD this mode looks pretty great
>>
>>376431356
If modding is as accessible as they told us it will be, there should be nothing you can't do.
>>
>>376431514
modding was already quite flexible in OS1 but yeah it wasnt accessible at all.

I do hope that it gets better here.
Id love to at least try running a campaign like this but not if making maps is too frustrating.

Actually if the map editor works well, i might just use this to make my maps for my regular DnD campaign.

also
>captcha: pictures of mountains
>Not a single fucking mountain

Was this designed by dutch people?
>>
File: fighter.png (26KB, 232x400px) Image search: [Google]
fighter.png
26KB, 232x400px
>>376431226
I couldn't get into Divinity Original Sin 1.

2, however, I fucking love because of the much more open exploring nature and multiple races and shit. Lizard girls are cute!
>>
>>376420868
>Liked the first game despite bullshit RPS system
>Decide to find a rated 3.14 version of the 2nd's alpha
>Create a character, but it's only one.
>You can now make dwarf, goblin and lizard
>Game lags like fuck on my I3 toaster laptop
In all seriousness, where did those other races come from? I cannot remember any of those being mentioned before and what is up with those Void critters? Did the previous two fail at their job? I'm not sure how to feel about the single char only, no RPS means good but less customization. Also liked the fact that there are more choices with things now and more things are considered.
>>
>>376431934
Divinity changes its rules every game basically. You can expect consistency within a title, but not between titles.
>>
>>376431934
the races were part of the divinity universe since the first game.
It was just Original Sin that focused on humans alone.
look at the older divinity games and at dragon commander.

Also
>complaining about playable races
>complaining about non generic playable races

Why? Cool playable races are one of the hallmarks of good fantasy RPGs.
>>
>>376431865

My friend and compatriot of African descent.
>>
>>376431934
>In all seriousness, where did those other races come from?
They make the Divinity games over a long timeperiod in the world. Stuff happens, apocalypses happens, rebuilding happens. Lizards for example only just evolved to sentient beings after the happenings of the last game.

>what is up with those Void critters?
Source is still tainted and void can never truly be destroyed. Where the forbidden magic is, destruction and evil follows.

>Did the previous two fail at their job?
The world wouldn't exist anymore if that was the case.
>>
>>376432069
>>376432169
Oh, I'm not complaining. just surprised. I mean the characters do have specialized backstories if you choose now, neat. I am aware of Dragon Commander's races, but where are the undead waifus?
>>
>>376432223
>By being a lizard, I am a natural enemy to the filthy twig-like elves which were enslaved by my race
>Come across the edgy elf assassin that's a potential party member
>She goes full crawling in my skin on me because of my superior race
>Tell her to fuck off
>She engages combat
>Kill that cunt

Around elves, watch yourselves.
>>
Original Sin cheaped out a bit on the races so they wouldn't have to create assets for them.

Divine Divinity had a wider variety of races than just the Humans and Orcs. The Void shit came out of nowhere, but it's easy to assume that the Chaos Lord Not-Diablo was born out of the power vacuum that The Void left.
>>
>>376432643

Ugh, THAT bitch. Seriously, who actually expects you to not kill her dumb ass when the first thing she does is try and put a goddamn needle in your throat?
>>
>>376432816
She's clearly for the 14 year old emo Deviantart crowd.

I'm not a fan of companions in these sorts of games anyway, I only make exceptions for my IRL friends.
>>
>>376432251
>lizards only evolved to sentient beeings after the happenings of the last game

No?
Dragon Commander is the canonically first game in the series and it already has lizards as a major race in it.
In OS2 the Lizards nation is literaly called "The ancient empire"
They are probably the first sentient race around if not for the elves.

>>376432458
Undead waifu is great, in Dragon Commander they were also religious fundamentalists.
The Backstories are actually optional, be wary tho they do lock you into a quite specific character with a name and all.
You can also go for custom tags for your character.

>>376432679
Isnt the void related to source? And the general void in OS1? Dunno how related it actually is to the stuff from the previous games.
AFAIK its unrelated to Demons at least.

>>376432643
>kill that cunt
I failed the dice roll and she cut my throat. Nothing personell lizard.
Lizards are basically scaly Dunmer from what i can tell.
>>
>>376432816
Is she meant to be a companion?
>>
>>376433056
Guess what happened after Dragon Commander took place? Guess why the Lizards look completely different to the ones in Dragon Commander?
>>
>>376433106
Yes, she can tag along just like the Red Prince.
>>
>>376423260
Divinity 2 is one of the most humorous games I've played.
>>
>>376420868
Can't wait for this to come out. The Obsidian fanboys will come out of the woodwork and collectively kill themselves on the day the supposed CRPG veterans get absolutely blown out.
>>
>>376433106

She can be, but everyone I know just killed her instead.
>>
>>376423260
>>376423374
Ego Draconis was the one with the really cool necromancer tower, and the really disappointing last dragon mission, right?
I think Dragon Commander was meant to be the second completely different part of Ego Draconis, but ended up its own game.
And the best part of it is the character interactions, not the actual game mechanics.
>>
>>>/tg/53148088
>One of the first hacks for the first game was increased max players in the campaign.

Is it reasonable to expect that we can get bigger persistent worlds, like a poor man's MMO, in the sequel then?
I haven't used this player extension, did it break the game? Was it stable? Is this the same engine?
>>
>>376433508
that's one way of saying the gameplay sucked ass
>>
>>376433207
they dont? Just a different artstyle? The body composition and overall colouration is fairly identical, the male lizards look simmilar to edmund.
Just that they removed the lizardtits.
And again, OS2 mentions the lizards beeing an ancient culture.

>>376433106
Companion or possible starting origin for your own character.

>>376433345
>b-but muh pause combat
>m-muh infinity engine
>>
File: 1478801950174.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1478801950174.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>Want to play female lizard or female dwarf
>Neither of them have an origin story
>>
>>376433696
That would be amazing. Even NWN2 had tons of active peresistant servers with communities that are still active. And that game wasnt even that great.
If that would happen in OS2 thatd be amazing.
>>
>>376433813
Origin stories are pretty much there for people who can't roleplay though. Just make a cute lizard and go along with what happens around you.
>>
>>376433890
you should probably calm down

you're setting yourself up for a disappointment
>>
>>376422530
you sound bitter.... oops sorry I mean salty
>>
>>376421075
If you play the early access build you'll see that there are many ways to solve quests using different skills
>>
I'm so glad I kickstarted this.
>>
>>376434391
>shitposters
>playing games
>>
>>376434019
i dont expect it. id just like it.
I played OS1 and im expecting more of that primarily.
Id buy it for beeing a competent tactical RPG with coop alone.
Too few tactical RPGs and too few good coop RPGs as of late. Everything has to be open world single player with shitty combat these days.
>>
>>376434731
>buy it

Game is going to be shit, devs don't deserve anything from me. Have fun though wagecuck.
>>
>>376431226

I think it's a really good game. It's especially fun in co-op.
>>
>>376431226
Its a silly RPG that came out amidst a lot of serious RPGs.
>>
>Actually storytelling a videogame with the players sitting in the same fucking room.

Can anyone tell me what the fucking purpose of this is, because this might be the most retarded thing I have ever seen.
>>
>>376422530
The entire point of this mode is making and running tabletop style adventure modules. If while playing this you don't have stat checks with meaningful effects it was your own/the GM's fault for writing a shitty adventure.
>>
>>376433056
>scaly Dunmer

more like Altmer
>>
>Kirill will never bless us with another beautiful adventure song that includes him humming along

; ;
>>
>>376436004
Teamspeak/Mumble is a thing. You will be able to do it online too.
>>
>>376433813

There'll be a bunch more in the full release.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.