[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you heard about "sarcasm: the game"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

Have you heard about "sarcasm: the game"?
>>
The game people couldn't stop sperging about on here last February? Never heard of it.
>>
File: migraines.png (57KB, 216x196px) Image search: [Google]
migraines.png
57KB, 216x196px
>Spend entire game having this murder mystery government conspiracy set up.
>In the last half hour of the game it turns out everything was just a coincidence and pointless tragedy.
>>
>>376412968
you idiot didn't missed the point of the whole game.
I honestly can't believe the intellectual level of gamers is this low. Explains the shitty games tho...
>>
>the point is "life is disappointing! You can't escape reality!"

Fuck this game.
>>
>>376413386
If I wanted to play a game where a woman just leads you on and nothing else happens I'd go outside
>>
>>376413574
so games should just be pure escapism to you?
>>
>>376413815
no they should be fun
>>
>>376413920
but fun is the only relative term out there.
>>
>>376413386
>can't explain why it's good
also not an argument
>>
>>376414028
You're a faggot. The storyline was disappointing but I liked the game.
>>
>>376414168
well you don't argue with people who are completely wrong about something. It's like explaining to a 2 year old why kafka is good.
>>
>>376412968

"But on you marched. And for what?"
>>
>>376414313
>you just don't understand

Nice deflect faggot.
>>
>>376414313
>still can't think of an solid argument
you had one job
>>
>>376414235
but that was the whole point you idiot. There wasn't meant to be a big reveal at the end. It's suppose to show how life goes, no big revelations and secrets happen. It's not disappointing when you get it, it can be even life changing.
>>
The only thing this game was good for was for book recommendations.
Otherwise this was a massive let down.
It felt unfinished and no direction after the beginning of the game.
>>
>>376414503
No one is debating the "point" the game itself just misdirects you with several plot points and then at the very end goes "lol just kidding"

Call it deep or life changing, I call it shit and you a faggot . It's bad storytelling.
>>
so what was the lesson of this game?

that isolation makes you paranoid? that life is simpler than what you expect? that forests are dangerous? that women are teasing sluts that will use you to have company when they need it but then throw you away the moment you aren't needed anymore?
>>
File: 1494329983199.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494329983199.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>376414694
>>
>>376414965
That video games are dumb and you're dumb for expecting something from them.

Thank you for the money.
>>
>>376414503

Studio Ghibli films do a much better job at expressing this sort of feeling than Firewatch ever did.

You can absolutely do the "life goes on, even after something amazing" theme without revealing the "amazing" thing was actually just a trick of the light.

>>376414965
The lesson is to make sure your wife doesn't have early-onset Alzheimers.
>>
>>376414503
>it can be even life changing
Oh, ok. So (you)'re just trolling. Gotcha.
>>
>>376415290
>"life goes on, even after something amazing"
but that's the thing, "something amazing" never happens in real life, well not to 99% of humans.
>>
>>376414503
>life sucks and nothing matters
>all the amazing moments in your life are insignificant and the world would go on indifferently anyway

I sure needed a game to remind me this, it's not like I consume this stuff to have fantastical adventures were things matter

>inb4 escapism is always bad! never have fun or enjoy things
>>
>>376415516
>life sucks and nothing matters
learn to read first idiot, maybe then you'll enjoy a bit more complex things in life.
>>
>>376415481

Well it's a damn good thing we're playing a video-game, right?
>>
>>376414503
the gameplay is still shit and boring
gameplay>story
the story was mediocre at best
you can do the "It's all pointless/life goes on" theme without setting up a bunch of things and having no pay off.
>>
>>376415683
>game portrays multiple tragedies and how they are utterly meaningless
>not deducing that "life sucks" is appropriate

Yeah, a wife with a degenerative mental illness, a guy unable to face this and running away, a kid dying horribly in a cave, a father broken by this etc.
Truly a portrayal of happy lives and why life is such an amazing and joyful experience.
>>
>>376415481
Of course it does you big silly, it's just most people never realize it until after the fact or it's something more personal than anything.
>>
>>376415723
So every game needs to be pure escapism?
>>376415869
>"It's all pointless/life goes on"
but it's not all pointless, do you know what catharsis is?
>>376415959
and where does the "nothing matters" come into play? get out you imbecile.
>>
>>376416284
by playing the game? how the fuck have you missed it? and you call others imbecile? Jesus christ
>>
>>376416284
>people on /v/ unironically defending a walking simulator and calling out fun games for being too fun and "video gamey"
Truly we are a lost and damned board
>>
>>376413386
No you misses the point. The whole marketing campaign leading up to this "game" was THERES A MYSTERY IN THE WOODS STRANGE THINGS ARE HAPPENING WHAAAAAT ISSSSS ITTTTT????

then the actual game came out and the story was fucking lame city and the "mystery" was just oops my kid died. It was bullshit
>>
>>376416560
then just go and play your generic open world light rpg mechanics ubisoft tower games for the rest of your life.
>>
>>376416795
It's a shame there are literally only 2 types of games.
>>
>>376416904
yeah, then you should stop attacking the few "walking simulator" games that do no harm and have almost no impact on the industry, and fucking channel your disappointment on the actual problem of the industry.
>>
>>376413386
The problem isn't people missing the point, the problem is the absolutely abysmal execution. The last half hour is a shitty exposition dump and then Delilah acts out of character, doesn't want to talk to you and the game ends. It's fucking awful storytelling to facilitate a mediocre "insight" about life
>>
>>376417286
still there is a long way between "lol the game is shit" to "the ending is executed badly".
>>
>>376417286
I bet Delilah was fat as fuck
>>
>>376414503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVqxD8PNq8
Real lifefags were BTFO 15 years ago.
>>
>>376417532
Endings are paramount, and this one both sucked and undercut the rest of the game. If you're going to do something like this in your writing, it has to be done well. The ending being horrible executed is even more egregious in this scenario than most, so it is definitely fair to say that the game sucks. I don't think it was completely shitty, but as a whole, yeah, "it sucks"
>>
>finish game
>get disappointed by the ending
>appreciate the shit out of it in retrospect
>>
File: TLD.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
TLD.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>376412852
This game was shit. If anyone wants an actual good outdoorsy game go play TLD this games lesson is not all leafs are fucking faggot canucks.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.