[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: evolb.jpg (200KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
evolb.jpg
200KB, 800x800px
What went wrong?
>>
asymmetrical fps gameplay is almost always impossible to balance
>>
>>376411481
They hyped it up about hunting a dangerous beast in a dangerous jungle setting
When released you pretty much always new where beast player was. He couldn't really hide or stalk you. The environment wasn't really dangerous or put you on edge.
It was supposed to be an extreme hide and seek game.
What we got was chase, shoot, chase, shoot, chase, shoot. As the Hunter
And run, eat, run, eat, evolve, run, eat, evolve, run eat, evolve ok now to fight.
They just implimented everything so shitily
>>
>>376411481
>What went wrong?
Basically everything went wrong except for the designs of the characters and monsters.
>>
2K greed
>>
>>376411481
>game is1v5
>game plays actually as a 1v1
>if the hunter fails to trap the beast the beast wins 100% of the time
>meaning 3/5 people are doing essentially nothing for potentially 20 minutes
>splitting up means you die to the beast so you are forced to follow the hunter
>the actual combat was completely mindless
>>
>In a gamer point of view
Too repetitive. Not worth the money.

>In a business point of view
Too much free beta for people to realize the game is shit before release.
>>
>Dlc before it was announced.

>Lack of developer support

>2K greed
>>
>had 20 different season passes in a full priced barebones release
>muh platform for dlc not a game
>>
Please let Friday the 13th game be what this could have been. I really want it to be fun.
>>
>>376411820
100% this. Also the DLC, what the fuck was that about?
>>
>>376411481
Requires perfect teamwork as a squad
Requires luck if the squad is perfect as a monster

I ran a bunch of games in private matches and it's amazing how lopsided it can be depending on one fucking team member. Faggots these days suck at teamwork and the only time I've seen a squad stomp a competent monster was when every in the group was 25+ years old
>>
Only good thing to come out of this game
>>
After 10 minutes I already got bored with it.

The idea was good but it was executed poorly.
>>
>>376411481
>What went wrong?

Someone important at turtle rock was on enough cocaine to think that hide and seek FPS where everyone is a damage soak and one player has to run away for 20 minutes if they want to win, would be fun.

Looking at how Evolve managed to do the exact opposite of absolutely everything that players want out of a multiplayer FPS, I honestly wonder how L4D versus managed to be good.
>>
Microtransaction, limmited map pool/gamemodes and monsters aside, the game was just to dull at least for the hunters side. Some people might find the appeal of spending thirty minutes wandering around to find one player but majority of people don't.

If they gave the hunters a similar mechanic to the monster where you have to hunt animals for upgrades, then it probably would've lasted a little bit longer. Not much but a little. What should've been a more in depth L4D vs. mode was a Predator game where the Predator only shows up in the last 20 minutes.
>>
File: mr toad and mr frog.gif (2MB, 460x308px) Image search: [Google]
mr toad and mr frog.gif
2MB, 460x308px
>>376411481
A better question: If you could remake Evolve, what would you do differently?
>>
>>376414749
add a giant toad monster
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.