[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open world games are a new inventi-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: zelda1.jpg (19KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
zelda1.jpg
19KB, 290x174px
Open world games are a new inventi-
>>
File: 1488293846876.png (96KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
1488293846876.png
96KB, 277x296px
>>376410661
Op isnt a fag...o wait
>>
Ultima I was the first ever real open world game (among many other things).
The way that /v/ reacts to BOTW makes me think that /v/ believes that "open world" was invented in 2007 by Ubisoft and nothing else counts if it's too popular or not action-adventure. Pathetic.
>>
>>376410661
No one has ever said this.
>>
>>376411573
>/v/ is pathetic
grass is green.
>>
>>376411857
You mean the actual 12-15 year olds of /v/ are. They get impressed but stupid shit because they are 12-15 and obviously didn't saw it happen 500 times before like us old fucks.
>>
>>376411953
Fuck off faggot. If you think 12-15 is old enough to be worthy of being an insult you are fucking too young yourself.

Even the faggots who were born in 1996 or 1997 (or younger of course) should get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>376412427
I am 31 you fucking retard
But I remember how retarded I was and easily amused when I was like 12 or less.
So i am saying most people here act similarly, but only because they are young and easily amused.
>>
>>376410661
>TLoZ
>Open world
Lol
>>
>open world games are shit, there is too much backtracking and most of the map is emp-
>>
>>376412646
>Lol an exception makes the rule
>>
>>376412617
Why isn't it open world? Is it because the world is open, instead of the world being open? Those seem like the same thing to me.
>>
>>376412527
>I am 31 you fucking retard

>31
>Still playing video games
I feel bad for your parents
>>
>>376412882
Do you even know where you fucking are?
>>
>>376412882
I bet you also think Hylide is open world.
How can you post in a videogame board withouth having any fuckig idea what you are talking about.
Remember, kids. Now every game that is not separated by levels or stages is an open world game. Gotta go play the Witness for its revolutionary open world Puzzle challenges.
>>
>>376415076
so...Zelda 1 isn't open world because Hydlide isn't open world? that's the only thing I can see you trying to say.
>>
>>376411573
probably ultima 0/akalbeth worlds of doom actually
the first 3d one was probably Hunter
>>
>>376415202
What side quests does Zelda 1 have? What is there to do except get on the freight train that is the Main Quest?

The world is there, but it's not open to exploration. It's closed to a single purpose.
>>
>>376415202
That's totally what I wanted to say. Sure kid.
>>
>>376410661
dark souls is a zelda 1 clone

>big non-linear explorable world
>weapon progression
>character progression
>no handholding, just short NPC text
>boss fights
>collect lord souls/triforce pieces
>sword, shield, bow, flask
>learning enemy attacks and movement patterns
>inventory screen
>no world map

shame none of the other zelda games kept this formula
>>
>>376415608
This is retarded
Zelda is open to exploration. There are hundreds of different meaningful ways the player can alter his journey throughout the overworld. The number of sidequests means fucking nothing to overworld progression.
>>
File: akalabeth_by_gyroesehni-d3cdgds.jpg (28KB, 436x350px) Image search: [Google]
akalabeth_by_gyroesehni-d3cdgds.jpg
28KB, 436x350px
>>376415413
>Akalabeth fan art exists
Huh
>>
>>376410661
how is the legend of Zelda open-world? each screen is self-contained. enemies can't wander from one to the other.
>>
>>376415983
In most open world games enemies are self contained. They usually just stand around in one location and chase you a few meters before going back. Just because the game gives you the illusion that it is just 1 map and all beings on it are doing stuff simultaneously and are capable of travelling everywhere, doesn't mean that it is.
>>
Every single Might and Magic game was open world. The earlier ones might have been grid based, but they were still open world.
>>
>>376416776
which is the best one to start playing with
>>
>>376416854

Of you like grid based dungeon crawlers, 3. If you want early 3D, 6.

I'd say 1 and 2 can be fun if you use where are we to add a map and quest log among other things as you play.

https://www.eskimo.com/~edv/lockscroll/WhereAreWe/
>>
>>376416854
VI VII and VIII are the most casul friendly, III, IV and V are the objective best, IX is borked, I and II are good but primitive dungeon crawlers
>>
>>376415608
>A game entirely about exploration
>Not open to exploration

Wow...
>>
Why is it that autistic white bois, trannies and SJWs fucking idolize all the zelda games (except for 2 of course, the only good one)?

No really, why the fuck is this shit so popular?
>>
>>376417879
nostalgia and le retro cred mostly
>>
File: 1383302464863.png (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1383302464863.png
16KB, 400x400px
Heres the real question.
At what point does a game become open world.
Is Secret world an open world game?

What are the defining perimeters to being open world
>>
no one has ever said this
>>
Zelda 1 was the first open world game. Stupid westerners think they invented it, lol.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.