[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so much worse than the first two?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sh3_13_1600.jpg (173KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sh3_13_1600.jpg
173KB, 1600x1200px
Why is this game so much worse than the first two?
>>
>>376409573
It's really not
Currently my favorite
Need to replay all of them

>cue the megaDLL linkufag
>>
Only if you're a SH2fag.
>>
Only reason this is worse than the older games is because you played it on the PC with HD textures and high resolution instead of a shitty old TV that blurs and distorts all the fucked up shit in Silent Hill making it harder to figure out what the hell is going on and so way more creepier.

HD is a trap for Silent Hill games. They weren't designed to be experienced in that way and it shows. (I'm not even talking about the HD collection which was an atrocity for different reasons. Only about the PC release)
>>
You might say it's because the horror is more visceral instead of psychological.

I like some of the randomness you get when doing multiple playthroughs. Certain rooms have blood dripping and drain your health, etc...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_e8abf_Tds

You know it seems like the Silent Hill soundtracks like to jump from "Independent Movie" to "Mind shattering horror" within seconds of each other.

Hell compared to what goes on in 3, this track is downright serene.
>>
Shattered Memories is the best Western Silent Hill.
>>
>>376412181
You mean Downpour.
>>
>>376412273
you mean Origins?
>>
>>376412181
>Everyone praises until dawn for its psychology gimmick
>Shattered Memories did that shit first and was mostly panned.
>>
>>376412565
Because Shattered Memories was just a bootleg SH2.
>>
I want a cup that overflows with love
>>
>>376412654
SM is a reimagining of 1/2/3 you cunt
>>
>>376413164
And it was just a discount SH2.
>>
>>376413239
>implying
FIGHT ME
>>
>>376409573
I has better gameplay than 2, 2 drowns you in ammo and healthpacks. Over all I'd say 1 has the best gameplay and 2 has the best story. 3 is still pretty damn solid overall, plus it's one of the few survival horror games were you're not drowning in ammo by the end of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>376409573
FUCK OFF ANON YOU WONT MAKE FRIENDS HERE. BEST TEEN OF ALL TIME. FRECKERS.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.