[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop using G2A. They stole my credit card information a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 25

File: fb_share.png (92KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
fb_share.png
92KB, 1200x630px
Stop using G2A. They stole my credit card information

a while back I was attempting to get a cheap killing floor 2 key from them only to have three """failed""" attempts at buying a cheap key, then I decided fuck it I'll get the """insurance""" and buy from the """prefferred""" reseller. Still didn't go through. I guess something went through though because somebody used my card to start buying copies of playerunknown en masse two days ago. This website is a fucking scam and anybody with a brain would use almost any other reseller
>>
>>376407473
fuck off tb
>>
Works fine for me

You probably did something wrong
>>
>mass quotations
Kill yourself
>>
>use PayPal instead
>???
>profit
>>
>>376407473
>They stole my credit card information
Stop slandering them. It was me. You signed up to my Brazilian she-boy site and I couldn't help but buy a new TV with your card.
>>
>>376407473
You were probably on g2.a.com.lolrandomalphabetsoupdomainname.org.info
>>
>>376407741
literally this, fucking retards
>>
How does g2a work? You just buy keys for steam games?
>>
>>376407473
>using a credit card on a grey market website
I think the real issue here is that you're a fucking idiot. Better luck next time.
>>
>>376409294
Steam gifts or keys, yes. People get extra keys from bundles, buy in bulk during sales, or buy in poor countries to flip them for a profit.
>>
>>376409294
Yes, it's essentially ebay for game keys.
>>
>>376407473
fuck off retard
>>
You know you could have bought the game normally right? Yeah, sure it would have cost more but it wouldn't have gotten you credit card info stolen
>>
>I'd rather use a shitty second website that everybody knows will fuck you over
>Because buying a game on steam just isn't convenient enough for me

You guys are idiots :^)
>>
>>376409440
So you can buy games like in Venezuela, get them in keys and them sell them cheaper? Or what? I dont get it
>>376409498
And is it cheaper or expensive?
>>
>>376409825
the steal credit cards and buy the keys with those you dope
>>
>>376409825
More expensive if you feel like buying stuff Brazil yourself, or waiting for a sale. If you can't be bothered it's cheaper.
>>
>>376409789
You mean too expensive?
>>
>>376407473
Given the purely coincidental timing of this I'm smelling a whole lot of bullshit.
>>
I use paypal to buy from G2A and dispute the purchase every single time. Got about £180 free vidya so far thanks g2a
>>
>>376407473
Where's the proof?
>>
>>376407741
4thpbp
>>
>>376407473
Should have used PayPal, dumbfuck.

>Stop using G2A.
No, because I'm not a cuck who buys games full price and because it is my legal right to buy things from other private resellers. I've bought exactly 47 games from them for chump change so far and had no problems.
>>
>>376407473
>This website is a fucking scam
Then why is it still operating even though it is subject to Hong Kong law, not China "law"? Oh, yeah, because you're full of shit.
>>
>>376409825
It's cheaper than in most first world countries

if you have the privilege of living in a shithole, chance is it's cheaper to buy on steam. All the sellers on G2A do is buy from Russia and add a couple bucks to the price as their own profit
>>
>>376407473
> not using virtual cards

Buying online is so secure I don't even care if I get scammed. The card can only be used once and then there's no money in it anymore
>>
>>376410181
Did something happen with G2a recently?
>>
>>376407473
>Directly putting your credit card into a foreign keysite
You deserved everything that happened to you.
>>
>>376412785
Nah just another smear campaign by what I assume is some dev upset about his profit margins being a bit down
>>
>>376412684
>All the sellers on G2A do is buy from Russia and add a couple bucks to the price as their own profit
This is wrong, you can't buy non-region locked keys cheaper in Russia. Valve has fixed this loophole a long while ago. What people do is basically resell games from various bundles and sales or buy keys en masse straight from the devs cheaper (these are the sellers that have hundreds of thousands of keys sold).
>>
>>376412919
Right, Russia is now too far below market price

what I meant to say is "Russia equivalent shithole", the concept is still exactly the same
>>
>>376407473
Whatever you say, anti-shill.
>>
>>376412540
Because the website is never truly "at fault" for scammers bringing bad keys onto the site. It's like the mafia is not at fault for some "unfortunate" drive-by shootings after a store owner doesn't pay protection money.
>>
File: 1429718772424.png (108KB, 362x292px) Image search: [Google]
1429718772424.png
108KB, 362x292px
>>376407473
>not using paypal whenever possible
>giving any money to a shady site operated from Hong Kong to begin with

You brought this on yourself.
>>
>>376413064
It's true

but the mafia is also very good at saying "hey buy from this asshole he's sold a million keys so he's pretty legit"

If you get scammed on G2A you entirely deserve to get scammed because they make it incredibly apparent which sellers are in for a quick buck and which ones have been doing this for years
>>
>>376409440
>buy in poor countries to flip them for a profit
Won't the upcoming changes to Steam's gifting stop this? They said that they'll deny the gift if there's significant price difference between regions.
>>
>>376413337
It's not a gift
>>
>>376413064
The site merely provides a trade platform, how people use it is up to them. Do you blame e-bay when someone sells stolen shit through it? No, you blame the seller, because e-bay has no means of verifying whether the goods being sold were acquired in a legal manner or not.

Also, your mafia example makes no sense. G2A has no interest in facilitating these incidents when people sell stolen shit through them, it's bad word of mouth and they gain no additional benefit from a shady sale being made through them, compared to a legal one. The problem with G2A is that devs and publishers (apart from, surprisingly, fucking Microsoft, because they're not retards) do not want to partner with them due to G2A directly and completely legally hurting their sales, so G2A cannot take down keys being sold that were acquired in an illegal manner.

People saying G2A does something wrong or bad are either retards, literal cucks cucking themselves out of their legally defined right to buy cheap shit or corporate cocksuckers.
>>
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>376407473
>not using Paypal
>>
>>376413337
The gift selling will probably die out, but keys selling will only get more prevalent.
>>
If Steam made it so you could only activate keys from your own region it would really help them.
>>
Instant Gaming is cheaper anyway
>>
>>376413064
If the site really was a scammer's haven they'd have to take responsibility for it in order to operate legally.

I've said this in pretty much every G2A hate-shilling thread on /v/, but if G2A was genuinely as bad as people claim it was (and it should be noted that these people NEVER EVER post any actual proof) it would've been shut down years ago.

I'm not saying nothing can ever go wrong with G2A, because after all you're dealing with third party keys most of the time which is never 100% reliable, but they definitely aren't the hive of scum and villainy that the propaganda posters make them out to be. I've bought 15 games from them and never had the slightest problem.
>>
>>376413484
>Do you blame e-bay when someone sells stolen shit through it? No, you blame the seller, because e-bay has no means of verifying whether the goods being sold were acquired in a legal manner or not.
One of the reasons why ebay was so successful is BECAUSE they go above and beyond to approve buyers and sellers. G2A isn't doing that.
>>
>>376407473
Your fault for using G2A in the first place. Giving them the means to steal more keys only keeps them going.
>>
>>376407741
>paypal steals your money instead
>>
>>376413639
Why would steam do that, they want people to buy keys from them

Completely region locking all keys would actually make them lose money since the amount of people no longer buying keys would be more than likely greater than the people who now have to buy keys for $5 extra
>>
>>376413756
>f G2A was genuinely as bad as people claim it was (and it should be noted that these people NEVER EVER post any actual proof) it would've been shut down years ago.
Why are you just assuming this?
>>
>>376407473
Used G2A to get Metal Gear Solid V, Dark Souls 3, Nier, Ark, R6 Siege and a few other games.
Never had a problem. Maybe you're just retarded?
>>
File: CDshit.png (142KB, 1083x816px) Image search: [Google]
CDshit.png
142KB, 1083x816px
>>376413640
Wrong, no single key selling platform is "cheaper" most of the time. You can find many surprisingly good deals on literal who key selling sites by using allkeyshop to find the absolute lowest price at a given moment for a particular game.

The advantage of G2A is that, unlike many other key selling sites like, for example, CDkeys, that gets shilled a lot around here, they do not ask you to send them your fucking passport data, which will then be resold by the site to marketers or other shadier types.

You don't need to post a photo of your fucking mug holding your passport to buy a single fucking game from G2A and that is the reason I've always used them, because I'm not a cuck giving away my personal data for someone to make a buck off it.
>>
>>376407473
why would a pay a shady website when i could get them for free?
>>
File: 1475457391401.jpg (100KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1475457391401.jpg
100KB, 1080x1349px
>>376409440
I haven't used G2A in a while but I've heard that people should only buy keys and not gifts. With gifts there's a risk that some fags might do something with your steam info. Can anyone confirm? I only bought a few keys and they were all perfectly fine since I used PayPal unlike dumb faggot OP.
>>
>>376413848
I disagree. Non-region locked keys are costing them money, because people can just buy cheaper keys from people in third world countries. It's also making key sites more prominent, since you can use a key acquired anywhere.
>>
>>376414087
You may notice that I entirely acknowledged your point already
>>
>>376407597
>>376413917
>works on my machine, there must not be a problem :^)
>>
>>376407473
I use paypal so..
>>
>>376407473
Post your statement.
Obviously scrub out personal identifiers but there should be a nice juicy list of transactions for you to show us, right?
>>
>>376413982
I've been using CDkeys for a while now and I've not had one issue.
>>
>>376413982
some friends of mine that used instant-gaming also recieved emails asking for information but I never recieved anything and have alredy bought 3 games there.

I wonder why some people require to give more info
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmU4Zy_45gU
twitch tv/videos/136836272

this whole fucking stream was gold, especially the g2a defense force attacking tinybuild in chat
>>
>>376413982
Instant gaming is just cheaper on average and has actuall support
But they don't have as big of a selection
G2A payment costs are pretty high
And they only sell themselves, so not having to deal with revoked keys is also a good thing (even though I always got my money back without problems if a key has been revoked)
>>
>>376413779
>One of the reasons why ebay was so successful is BECAUSE they go above and beyond to approve buyers and sellers. G2A isn't doing that.
Yes, they are. They have partnered with Microsoft in the past at Microsoft's request to take down keys that were acquired illegally. They provide refunds without you even needing to contact their support through their automated resolution center, where the seller automatically loses his money if you've filed a claim against him and he does not respond with a refund or a replacement key. They have shown that they are open to partnership with devs and publishers, but devs and publishers are too butt-blasted to accept such proposals, yet they don't understand that G2A is not going anywhere and that denying the request only hurts both sides.

In its current state, G2A is physically incapable of verifying the manner in which keys that are being sold were bought. Without dev/publisher cooperation there's absolutely nothing they can do.
>>
>>376407473

kek
I bought KF2 for myself and my friends on keysites, you just suck ass
also
>using your real card number on the internet on anything less that global giants
>>
>>376414328
A shitload of other people have. Read user reviews for CDkeys on allkeyshop, they're full of such complaints. They don't ask for everyone's passport photos and I have no clue how they even decide who needs to send their passport photos in the first place.
>>
>>376414402
>Instant gaming is just cheaper on average
Something you pulled out of your gaping ass. No single key seller site is "cheaper on average".
>>
>>376414328
CDkeys is incredibly better than G2A. I don't know why it doesn't get memed more often. Better interface, simpler and safer shopping experience. better customer support, faster, etc.

I kinda hope it stays low key
>>
>>376414589
Maybe if you're from South America, Middle east or East Europe?
>>
>>376413639
Holy fuck no. One of the worst things about consoles that's still around for some was region locking and that's the last thing I want to become the norm on PC.
>>
>>376414370
What did he even ask? 40% are women and what?
>>
>>376413982

How exactly do you imagine a picture of your id that doesn't even include many personal details to be used for marketing?
You gave more information out by buying anything with a cc.
>>
>>376414812
>You gave more information out by buying anything with a cc.
>buying with a cc online
>not using PayPal
>>
>>376414279
there was another purchase of playerunknown that already got taken off my statement. these will be removed in the next couple days as well

I know it was G2A because the fraudulent purchases were for games
>>
>>376414731

I can confirm, east eu and have been asked for picture of id on cdkeys and g2play, which is btw the same as kinguing and many other sites.

Don't give a shit, our IDs are two separate cards and almost nothing of consequence is on the one they wanted, and no I didn't have to take a picture of myself.

>>376414885

when you buy something you usually want it delivered, so aside from maybe your age you've given out more information than I did in the above situation
>>
When people say "paying with paypal" do they mean they're transferring money from your bank in to your wallet then using it or using the express checkout.
>>
>>376414974
>start buying copies of playerunknown en masse two days ago
>post a screen where ONE PUB game has been bought, probably by the OP himself
You're full of shit.
>>
>>376415042

No, they mean using paypal as having paypal hold your card details, instead of giving it to the site.
>>
>>376415132
like I said, there were two purchases. No i did not buy it because I'm not a retard. arenanet is another fradulent game charge.
>>
>>376415156
I get that but Paypal has 2 ways of paying for stuff. You can transfer money from your bank in to a "paypal wallet" and there is the straight up click to checkout with paypal that uses your card saved on your account.
>>
>>376407473
>credit card

americans kek when will they learn
>>
>>376414762
Steam restricting gifts by pricing might eventually reach keys too.
>>
>>376415249

Yes, and I just outlined the latter, Paypal holding your card details and you using your paypal account to pay. What is unclear?
>>
>>376415249
>there is the straight up click to checkout with paypal that uses your card saved on your account.
I use this one. Bought 47 games from G2A as I've already stated in an earlier post and never had a problem with fraudulent charges to my cc.
>>
>>376407473
Cd key house is shady as fuck but I've gotten some sick shit for cheap.

Funny enough I bought doom from there along with an $8 random game ended up with doom again. So they swapped it out for Wolfenstein which was neato.

It's a great place to shop
>>
>>376407473
Why didn't you use pay pal you dumbass
>>
>>376415309
>Steam restricting gifts by pricing might eventually reach keys too.
That's not how keys work.
>>
Please, provide concrete proof and I will stop buying from them.

So far, no issues here and I bought a lot of shit there.
>>
>>376415440
I meant for regions with similar pricing as opposed to just your own country.
>>
>>376415475
like I said, closest thing to concrete proof is
>failed transations at G2A
>6 weeks later
>games start being bought with my card>>376414974

it probably wouldn't hold up in court but I can't think of a simpler explanation
>>
>bought probably 200+ cdkeys over the years from various sites
>just used paypal
>maybe one revoked key
>in all these years there was only 1 website where I had to use my card info directly
>2 days later someone tried to use my card from south america (I'm in EU)
>it was 4chan, and a fucking 4chan pass
>>
>pay 60 euro for stellaris and have a legitimate version
OR
>pay 15 euro for stellaris and have a legitimate version
OR
>pay nothing for stellaris, get no updates and also all of phuong's viruses
>>
>>376415586
>>pay 15 euro for stellaris and have a legitimate version
do this, but just not on G2A
>>
>>376411941
noice, fuck g2a
unless AAA titles
>>
>Use Goys2Adults
>Get jewed

Hmmmm...
>>
>>376411941
>get a new credit card every time you buy a video game
what a fucking waste of time
>>
>>376415586
OR
>pay 12 USD for Stellaris and five other shitty games for the upcoming humble monthly
>>
>>376407473
That's why you use prepaids, you shitdick. Also, you try to track down the seller (including getting the address), then send the seller a "surprise" package if you get screwed. The kind of surprise that when opened, will put the seller "out of business" for good. Bonus points if the seller is some shady Eastern Europoor/Slavshit.
>>
>>376415741

All these 12 year old posts are starting to be way too frequent
>>
>your bank doesn't text you a verification code for international purchases
Are you a time traveller?
>>
>>376413982
Passport data requirements to pay with credit cards is actually because of G2A
Shady sellers would use stolen cards to buy keys and then resell them on G2A
>>
50+ purchases. 0 problems.

Get fucked. I'll continue to buy cheap keys from them.
>>
>>376415984
Same but 100+

Seriously OP does it not make more sense that you likely just have a keylogger or some spyware that steals your card number when you just type it in anywhere?
>>
>>376415953
>passport requirements
>when buying keys
You are fucking retarded. Selling is one thing, but people get asked to send in their mobile phone numbers and passport photos when buying keys as well.
>>
>>376416107
>does it not make more sense that you likely just have a keylogger or some spyware that steals your card number when you just type it in anywhere?
ah yes it's more likely my entire fucking computer is compromised than it is that a shady key seller online used my information to buy games
>>
>>376407473
>not using PayPal
>>
I bought prey off G2A even came with preorder DLC

always check seller rep and use paypal, if you use CC on a scammy keyseller site with zero security then you are a moron.
>>
>>376416274

It is, you clearly can't handle your electronics or the internet - you were not using paypal afterall like a competent person, you are also making sure not to respond to anything in this thread which proves you are a retard.
>>
>>376416274
You were too retarded to use PayPal, so you are bound to be too retarded to not have a keylogger on your PC.
>>
File: 1435110967588.png (231KB, 453x344px) Image search: [Google]
1435110967588.png
231KB, 453x344px
>>376407473
>Stop using G2A
No.
>>
>>376416107
It's not even hard. I use the PayPal checkout.

Not a single fucking issue. If the keys were from stolen sources I'd never know. None of my keys were ever revoked or anything.
>>
I've bought countless things off of G2A without any issue. I stopped using them because legit sites like GMG have been offering the same, if not better prices.

The only issue I've had with G2A was canceling shield. If you ever want to cancel it wait around for the email, the link expires almost instantly and you'll have to answer their 5 pages of questions again to cancel.
>>
>>376416338
>you are also making sure not to respond to anything in this thread which proves you are a retard
you're right I should respond to everybody who told me to use Paypal (and are right btw) and apologize for being dumb

even if I did that it wouldn't stop G2A from being a shit company that compromises its users
>>376416402
that's not true and you know it
>>376416469
>legit sites like GMG
laffing
>>
>>376416274
and this
>>376415848
too
are you sure its a real credit card?
>>
>>376407473
"""""""""""""""""""'''"""""""didn't read'''''""""''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
File: 1491050998364.jpg (176KB, 923x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491050998364.jpg
176KB, 923x720px
>>376416469
>he bought shield in the first place
I support G2A fully, but they're making literally free money from idiots like you who buy shit without understanding what it actually does. G2A will refund you in full even if you don't have shield.
>>
>>376407473

>Entering your credit card details into a shady grey market website that operates out of China of all places

Only got yourself to blame.
>>
>>376416491
>even if I did that it wouldn't stop G2A from being a shit company that compromises its users

The dozens of examples here tells a different story, one that seems to go like "if you aren't a fuckup its a great way to save money".

You are a fuckup, thats why you are complaining here instead of learning your lesson and/or cancelling your card.
>>
>>376416491
>that's not true and you know it
The only thing I know is that you do not follow proper security protocol when buying shit online. Too retarded to use PayPal - too retarded to not have a keylogger.
>>
>>376416585

Does it even accomplish anything at all for the user?
I never bought it and never needed support. Still kekked hard how they actually raised the price on it.
>>
>>376407473
Never happened to me and I bought 100+ games.

Will keep buying. Nice try tho
>>
>>376416604
>operates out of China
It's Hong Kong and Hong Kong international law is similar to Western law.
>>
>>376415848
Depends on the business. Mine's fairly inconsistent in what international purchases it flags for verification.
>>
>>376416585
>>376416709
Don't know if it's even still around but when I signed up for shield they had a program where if you used shield, the mobile app, and payed with money from your wallet you got 10% back as wallet credit. Was worth it since shield was basically free that way.
>>
If people realized that g2a is basically game key ebay and that they can sell all the stupid shit they get on Humble Bundle to buy shit that's actually good, they wouldn't shit on g2a so much.
>>
>>376416709
>Does it even accomplish anything at all for the user?
You have access to live chat with their support and your cases will be resolved faster. That's it. It's literally there to appeal to scaredy cats.
>>
>>376416610
>The dozens of examples here tells a different story
no they don't, they tell a story of people who are kept safe by paypal but would otherwise be at risk from the website they love so much
>>376416668
I use paypal almost all the time, and one time I did not. that doesn't make me a legitimate retard in all areas all at once. I use a password manager, I don't connect my computers to unsecure networks, etc.
>>
>>376416709
Yes. The refund takes 10 minute instead of 48 hours.

You still get refunded both ways.
>>
File: 1493566790128.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1493566790128.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>376416874
>I acted like a retard, but I'm not a retard, I s-swear!
>>
>>376411941
Might wanna use piratebay instead of going through all that trouble and straight off descending into crime just to play what you can simply download.
>>
ITS A POST FROM FUCKING VALVE MORONS

THEY ARE TRYING TO PROTECT THEIR REVENUE STREAM
>>
>>376416874
>no they don't, they tell a story of people who are kept safe by paypal but would otherwise be at risk from the website they love so much

No, they are kept safe by being logical, and they are kept safe from their own stupidity.
As the other anon said - you are stupid enough to do this, you are stupid enough to get a keylogger or twenty.

>>376416894
>>376416837

Hilarious. I shudder to think just how many people must be buying it if they actually thought raising the price would net more money.
>>
>>376416874
>I use paypal almost all the time, and one time I did not. that doesn't make me a legitimate retard in all areas all at once. I use a password manager,

Why would you not use it when you are buying OBVIOUSLY shady things from the grey market?
Are you sure its not Pajeet's Super Duper Ultra Secure Password Manager with an always-online connection thats fucking you in your dumbass?
>>
>>376412540
>Hong Kong 'law'
Could just aswell been Kekistani law friendo.
>>
>>376417050
>>376416985
if you guys knew anything about thinking logically then you'd know that there's no correlation between making an unsafe online purchase and not knowing that your computer is hijacked by a keyloggers and viruses.
>>376417134
>I don't understand why do people make mistakes???
>>
File: 1490120307706.jpg (103KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1490120307706.jpg
103KB, 1280x853px
>>376417189
>there's no correlation between being retarded and doing retarded things
>>
>>376413756
>it would've been shut down years ago.
Ladies and gentleman, I present you an American mindset. Good Job Ethan!
>>
>>376417189

>Paypal is an option
>I choose to give away my card info instead

Thats not a mistake you are just very very stupid. Bet you have anti-virus installed on your computer too.
>>
File: Games Revenue Forecast.PNG.png (149KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Games Revenue Forecast.PNG.png
149KB, 3000x2250px
I've bought around 30 games on g2a. Great website. Fuck the mega corps.
>>
>>376417271
yes, unironically yes. making one mistake doesn't mean that you can infer that the same person will go onto continually make an even more retarded mistake over and over
>>
>giving CC and personal data to lawless places like china, india, africa...
It's like you're asking for it.
>>
>>376417331
>he thinks anti virus makes someone stupid

I bet you also write all your code in notepad.
>>
lel OP is a retard
>>
>>376417396

Not in your case.
If you know what you are doing, you never give out your Card info unless absolutely necessary.
Which it is not with G2A since they had paypal for years, maybe from the beginning.

You chose to do the retarded thing on purpose.
>>
>>376417396
Making one mistake is all it takes for you to have exactly zero credibility.
>>
To anyone who doesn't understand g2a, do a simple exercise: check out when a game you want gets bundled on Humble or Bundle Stars or whatever store, then go to g2a and check how said game just got cheaper.

People are reselling bundled games either because they already had it, had no interest on it, or wanted to make a profit outta it. That's where your key is coming from, among other sources that don't involve credit card fraud.
>>
>>376417530
>You chose to do the retarded thing on purpose.
this is called a mistake. I'm not defending what I did. I'm just saying fuck G2A too.
>>376417569
t. Jesus
>>
If you use G2A or any sites of the same kind, you are directly contributing working against growth of the industry (and the growth of studios you might enjoy the products of).
If you're cool with that knowledge, it's fine. But make sure that you aren't living in denial.
>>
>>376417049

If Valve wanted to they could literally destroy all key resellers overnight by moving to a system that doesn't use keys.
>>
>>376417583
nobody here is confused about that
>>
File: 1395889205897.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1395889205897.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
>>376417375
I don't have a martphone but judging from the Windows 10 store, most mobile games seem like shit. Why is the mobile gaming market so big?
>>
>>376417591

Its a mistake born of stupidity, not accident, as such it stands to reason your stupidity has led to other bad decisions which could impact you the exact same way, like getting keylogged or somehow having a credit/debit card that does not check when someone in another country uses your info.

Stupid people will be taken advantage of.
>>
>>376417023
>straight off descending into crime
Because pirating software isn't a crime as well
>>
>>376417612

Looking how awful the industry practices are these days, this doesn't concern me at all. Devs and publishers can go fuck themselves with their broken launches and DLC policies.
>>
Who uses their credit card online and not something like paypal?
>>
>>376417612

Not even true, supporting the bad shit is worse than not-supporting-with-as-much-money the things you want.
>>
>>376417583
If devs don't want their games resold for cheap, then they shouldn't put their games in those bundles to begin with.

Same thing for having a massive sale for their game on Steam. People will stock up on those low price deals and resell them for money. Those are things that the developer can help deter.
>>
>>376417740
>somehow having a credit/debit card that does not check when someone in another country uses your info.
that's not what happened though. the fraudulent charges were american; doesn't mean the chinks didn't steal my card number and sell it to americans
>>
>>376417778

absolute retards that who, the special kind of retard that enters CC info their smartphone using public wifi
>>
>>376417736
Device limitations, the people that play it, and the environment.

There is no way to make a good game based around whipping out a mobile device for several minutes at a time to play it. Even Gameboy games were pretty shitty.
>>
>Buy shit from G2A
>Kill off indie developers who get hit by mass chargebacks
>Wow why do nobody make good games for PC anymore??? console cucks are killing us

Neo-v, ladies and gentleman
>>
>>376417848

Its probably your retarded little brother buying the fotm, or god save us your wife's son.
>>
>>376417920
>implying i buy shitty indie games
>>
>>376407473
>a while back I was attempting to get a cheap killing floor 2 key

>killing floor 2

stopped reading from there
>>
>>376417754
Yeah, but if he was never a potential customer to begin with, no harm done. At least he wouldn't be effectively producing a very concrete monetary loss to anyone.
>>
I don't care if you are still using G2A but your reason for still using them is extremely retarded.
>>
>>376417920
>mass chargebacks
>retards believing such things ever happened

nu-/v/ everyone
>>
>>376418075
It has happened with indie devs who sell their games with Steam keys given out. Denpasoft and MangaGamer both stopped offering Steam keys with purchase on their respective sites because of this. Other sites have too.
>>
>>376418004
>i was mever going to buy it in the first place so it's ok to pirate it since I want to play it
Stop acting like a child and get a job, so you can afford to spend $60 without it devastating your personal finances
>>
>>376407473
>buying copies of playerunknown en masse
How much for my own personal Brendan Greene?
>>
Why use g2a?

CdKeys and Instantgaming literally always have the best prices. Have spent $160 without a problem.
>>
>>376418221
Or he can just download it for free if he wants to. If he gets in trouble he'll have known the risks.
>>
>>376418221
I buy my own games, I'm just suggesting for that guy to pirate instead of engaging in credit card fraud. It produces less harm, no matter how you wanna see it.
>>
>>376418215

Believe their excuses if you want, mass chargebacks would ruin sellers on sites like G2A, and yet it never happened only in indiefag minds who have to make up some bullshit to justify why nobody is buying their terrible games.
>>
>>376418075

>buy stolen credit card information bundle
>Buy a shitload of keys
>Owners of card finds out, credit card company issues chargeback, company loses the money, but keys still gone
>unlike piracy, most of these sales were of potential customers

What part of this does not seem realistic to you, or are you just that thick?
>>
>>376418385
They don't always have every game though. I try to look between them all for price comparisons.
>>
>>376418385
right, I'm OP and I fucking love CDkeys. I'm just saying the one time I tried t use G2A i couldn't even fucking buy the key and now my card is being used for fradulent gaming purchases. real nice.
>>
>>376418221

Stop acting like a child and try to tell people on the internet how to live their lives like you do yours.
>>
>>376407473
damn dude, i bet mom was PISSED
>>
>>376409893
do you have any proof?
>>
>>376418473
What I'm hearing is not my problem DESU.
If games stop being made because of this, it is still not my problem because I haven't reduced my only pleasure source to games.

I make my choice. It is 100% legal. I have no qualms.
>>
File: 1187249424925.jpg (71KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1187249424925.jpg
71KB, 500x496px
>>376407473
>using credit card
lul, use paypal u retard
>>
G2A is another Reddit shill who doesn't want you to sell your own property. Check the TrustPilot reviews for G2A, actual people who bought stuff on G2A, it has a massively high rating for such a risky service.
>>
>>376418472
>“All of a sudden, we saw that there was this one IP address that was creating new accounts, buying new games, and trying to refund them,” said Pickett. “ [...] Why is someone buying 30 copies of the game? That’s not normal user purchasing.”

>MangaGamer would ban one account, only to have another pop up. Different credit cards were being used to make the purchases and the volume kept increasing. It was whack-a-mole. At the same time, MangaGamer alerted their payment processor, the company that handles their online transactions. The payment processor makes their money by taking a cut from each sale.

>As MangaGamer was trying to get a hold of what was going on, their payment processor would realize the credit cards in question were stolen and issue a chargeback fee to MangaGamer. (This can also happen with a disputed transaction.) The chargeback fee for MangaGamer was $30 per sale.

>(A different online company, choosing to remain anonymous, told me this was high but “not unheard of, especially when someone is hit with a spike of chargebacks.” Both sets of numbers were backed up by data analytics firm CNP Solutions, which specializes in online payments.)

>“When a chargeback occurs on purchase of a $40 game,” said Pickett, “we lose both the $40 from the canceled sale, and take a $30 penalty. So at a hundred fraudulent purchases, that’s $3,000 lost; $30,000 if there are 1000 keys stolen.”

>A spokesperson for Humble Bundle, which only sells keys to customers, told me the company was once forced to stomach $34,000 in chargebacks fees in 24 hours from a sale of games in 2012.

http://kotaku.com/g2a-scammer-explains-how-he-profited-off-stolen-indie-g-1784540664
>>
>>376413808
paypal is very good at getting scammers caught and returning money, instead of credit card companies that say "lul u fucked up, fuck you" or get your money back after 6 months
>>
>>376418754

You are free to do what you want, but don't pretend that you are doing something respectable. Even pirates have more self-respect than you.
>>
>>376407741
Fucking this you idiots, never give your credit card information to any website, always use Paypal. If they don't accept Paypal you don't buy there.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-09+at+11.21.57).jpg (26KB, 162x267px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-09+at+11.21.57).jpg
26KB, 162x267px
>>376418385
>Instantgaming
Never heard of it, is it seriously legit? Seeing CoD WWII on it makes me skeptical.
>>
File: 1453572611832.gif (73KB, 129x150px) Image search: [Google]
1453572611832.gif
73KB, 129x150px
>>
>>376407473
I guess you got your card stolen more than anything
I have bought about 10 keys without problem, and I have sold about 4 keys as far as I can remember

zero problems
>>
>>376419034
I bought a 4pack of tabletop simulator and another game senpai. I can only speak for my own experience.
>>
>>376415581
4chan is a scam
>>
File: 1472338895883-v.jpg (34KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1472338895883-v.jpg
34KB, 320x320px
>>376417754
>downloading a copy of a game is the same as credit card fraud
What a retard. Anti pirates are this dumb.
>>
>>376418985
When's the last time someone's respect paid my bills?

I can tell you that saving dosh pays bills, though.
I don't derive pleasure from the opinions of others. My happiness comes from within.
>>
>>376418559
Stop pirating games loser
>>
>>376419205
>commiting one crime isn't the same as committing another crime
HUUUUUURRRRRRRR
>>
>>376419276

My happiness comes from living a respectable life, and getting along. Then again, most of my country does, which I'm thankful for. Though few people are religious these days, our lutheran traditions of honesty and hard work has created a superior society of honest trustworthy people.
>>
>>376419423
... yes exactly
>>
File: 1468939821808.png (845KB, 916x529px) Image search: [Google]
1468939821808.png
845KB, 916x529px
>>376414228
>doesn't work on my machine therefore the whole thing must be fucked!
>>
File: 1404299469600s.jpg (7KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1404299469600s.jpg
7KB, 250x231px
works for me
>>
File: 1469942025314-b.png (57KB, 223x246px) Image search: [Google]
1469942025314-b.png
57KB, 223x246px
>>376419423
>piracy is a crime
DUUUUUUURRRRR
>>
>>376419205
Please don't have kids. I don't need my taxes going to another retard.
>>
>>376419815
Fuck you faggot
>>
>>376418473

Where do those keys go retardo?
>shitload of keys
>that get revoked once the chargebacks happen

So where are the shitloads of customers with revoked keys? Why aren't they revolting and burning down G2A?
Why only the indie devs whine about losing maybe 0.2% on the chargebacks?

>>376418925

I'm going to cry a lot for the jewish middle-man, being a middle-man is so haaard, please feeel bad for them.
>>
>>376419960
>>376418925

>$30 chargback fee
Who would believe this
>>
File: 1471261607272.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1471261607272.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
>>376419784
>breaking the law isn't a crime
>>
>>376419423
That's literally how the law works. Why do you think not everything's a felony?
>>
File: 1387228981118.jpg (5KB, 184x250px) Image search: [Google]
1387228981118.jpg
5KB, 184x250px
>>376420106
>making a copy of a file is a crime

Protip: distributing the file is illegal, downloading it isn't. Get fucked moral fags
>>
>>376420106
piracy isn't against the law though
>>
>>376420102
anybody with a brain. that's the same as a standard overdraft fee.
>>
>>376420102
It was backed up by humblebundle and the the firm.

>Both sets of numbers were backed up by data analytics firm CNP Solutions, which specializes in online payments.)
>>
>>376420259
>literally describing a fact
>moral fags
also
>distributing the file is illegal, downloading it isn't
>you can download a file without anyone distributing it
I don't even think piracy is bad, you're just retarded.
>>
>using credit card when you can avoid it
fucking wire some cash to paypal and do it that way you fucking pleb, also g2a a shit
use a legit site like instant-gaming
>>
>>376417612
>exercising your legal right to buy cheap shit is "working against the industry"
Top goy. Next thing you'll tell me buying games at any price other than $60 despite all the sales and bundles is "working against the industry" as well.
>>
>>376420432

then you should continue to feel bad for middle men who create nothing and move digital goods from one digital place to another digital place and mark them up
How will they survive
>>
>>376409825
in places like indonesia, a 40 dollar game in the us, is usually around the equivalent to 15 dollars there. So people that sell keys just setup a proxy, buy from there, and add a couple of dollars to what they paid for.
>>
>>376419960

The keys are sold. Once issued they can't be taken back, that's how steam works(although that's likely going to change soon)
>>
>>376420515
Yes, you're not the one distributing it though, just a consumer. Now if the thing being consumed was illegal on t he other hand..
>>
>>376418925
I don't get it, how is any of this G2A's fault? Some niggers stole CC info, bought some game keys with those CCs, then sold those game keys on G2A. Where exactly did G2A do anything wrong?
>>
>>376420798

Objectively wrong, keys can be revoked at any time.
>>
None of you deranged mongoloids understand how copyright protection and copyright laws work
>>
>>376419960
>So where are the shitloads of customers with revoked keys? Why aren't they revolting and burning down G2A?
Some devs don't want to piss off their fans by revoking the keys.

>Why only the indie devs whine about losing maybe 0.2% on the chargebacks?
Humblebundle said they lost money to chargebacks too. And it's around $30 a chargeback, which can really add up.
>>
>>376420863
by letting the niggers selling that shit, and feeling they are somehow not responsible and doing nothing to prevent this
>>
>>376420863
>Where exactly did G2A do anything wrong?
Not screening their resellers enough.
>>
>>376420515
>without anyone distributing it
Then who uploaded it, you dip?
>>
>>376421012
>Some devs don't want to piss off their fans by revoking the keys.

Its the digital age anon, they know exactly what keys had their payments charged back - why would they not revoke games they weren't paid for?
And if they choose to - why do they complain?

Couldn't give a fart about "humble"bundles problems.
>>
>>376421038
>by letting the niggers selling that shit
They cannot differentiate the niggers from regular sellers, who resell legitimately bought keys, because the devs and publishers refuse to cooperate, and acting as a trade platform is completely legal. These indieshit spawning mongoloids are literally shooting themselves in the foot and then whining about being shot. They deserve to go out of business.
>>
File: 1294346986885.gif (676KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1294346986885.gif
676KB, 800x800px
OP is right. Stop being retarded and using G2A, sites like cdkeys or kinguin have far more superior prices. Check allkeys for comparsion.
>>
>>376421012
what kind of "fans" do they piss off if they revoke keys they got by not paying for?

you'll have to explain this
>>
>>376421162
>Not screening their resellers enough.
How are you going to screen the resellers apart from banning those who have scammed people and had reports filed against them? G2A has no knowledge of how the keys were acquired and it's impossible to get that knowledge without publisher cooperation.
>>
>>376421206
>And if they choose to - why do they complain?
People always raise hell whenever keys get revoked. It's bad publicity. To the purchases, they spent money on the key, so they bought it fair and square.
>>
>>376421306
why would they need the devs or publishers cooperation to prevent scammers from reselling using your platform?
even e-bay and all other legit platforms do everything they can to prevent this from happening, why can't g2a?
>>
>>376420808
Eh, if you're talking solely about downloading a file, you've got a point. I was just pointing out that piracy is still illegal, even though the one who downloads the file is not the one commiting it.
>>
>>376421386
People just think they're getting good deal. They don't consider the keys as stolen. This very thread is filled with people who don't think that g2a has stolen keys on it to begin with.
>>
>>376421186
You have the reading comprehension of a brick wall, moron.
>>
>>376421012
How to stop g2a:
Revoke customers keys that weren't buying from you anyways

Devs need to man the fuck up. This is fucking stupid that they ALLOW AND NUTURE THEIR PROBLEMS Jesus some people are so stupid.

But keys aren't getting revoked because chargebacks aren't a problem.

So I'm going to have a legit key, play online, get patches, and pay less than anyone else. Literally winning on all sides.

I'll start losing once they up their testosterone and start revoking keys. Then I'll buy from them.

Until them I'm going to exercise my fucking legal right and buy second hand. And there's nothing short of paying my bills that moralfags and piratefags can do about it.

You're powerless.
>>
>>376421501
Again, how are you going to acquire the knowledge that a particular key that is currently being sold via your marketplace service has been bought via illegitimate means unless the dev/publisher specifically tells you which keys should be removed? It's literally impossible.

>why can't g2a?
But they can. When Microsoft told them to remove certain keys from their service, because Microsoft had the knowledge that they were bought via illegitimate means, G2A did exactly that. That's all they can do, the problem is that these dumbfucks whining about chargebacks are too retarded to identify the said keys bought via stolen CC info and are also too retarded to tell G2A about it.
>>
>>376421415

>whine against G2A
>but don't revoke keys so people don't whine against G2A

Well in that case they can keep paying for their incompetency. Obviously the issue is simply not big enough, if whining is all they do.
>>
>>376407473
works for me :^)

several game purchases via paypal

>>376419556
this
>>
>>376421823
>Obviously the issue is simply not big enough, if whining is all they do.

I think this sentence nailed the whole situation perfectly.
Something would have happened by now if the issue was real.
>>
>>376421823
They picked the easy way out and just stopped offering Steam keys for off Steam purchases.
>>
>>376422242

>easy way out
>not having to pay the 30% steam fee

Sure is the easy way, an excuse to earn more money.
>>
>2017
>still gets scammed online

how
just how in the world do you get scammed in this age.

You must seriously be really fucking stupid or go our of you way to try to get scammed.
>>
>>376422358
What are you talking about? It doesn't earn more money. Steam keys are free for devs to generate. And now most people will just buy on Steam, which still costs dev 30%.
>>
>>376422516
its quite easy. I've scammed tons of people on /v/ during the smash beta on the 3DS. shit was cash.
>>
>Using credit cards in the first place.

Fucking Americans.
>>
>>376422598

Steam also has higher prices.
So if you sell non-steam keys too, thats more money, and if people buy on steam, thats more money too.
>>
>>376422967
I use credit cards all the time online, nothing ever happened.
How do people's information get compromised? The seller gets it and starts doing weird shit, or the buyer's computer is already infested with botnet, keyloggers and malware, in which case it doesn't fucking matter where you use your credit card online?

I legit have no idea how it happens.
>>
>>376407473
Troll. Nobody would be retarded enough to give credit card info to a random website.
>>
has anyone ever used gamersgate to buy games? ever pre-ordered from them?

do you get the key before release or after?
>>
>>376423353
There's no point now that all the games are steamlocked.
>>
>>376423412
I'm interested in buying from them because they have the lowest price, don't care if its on steam or not.
>>
>>376413484
>G2A has no interest in facilitating these incidents when people sell stolen shit through them, it's bad word of mouth and they gain no additional benefit from a shady sale being made through them, compared to a legal one.
Why would that be bad word of mouth? You think total biscuit and some indie devs can yell loud enough to make g2a shills feel outnumbered? If a stolen credit card bought key is sold, the seller gets banned. G2a keeps both his wallet and the commission they made from sale, and the person buying stolen keys will be fine for the most part. It's unlikely that their keys get disabled. So the only loser here is the guy selling stolen shit. And whoever he stole from. They really aren't gonna complain.

G2a might have an incentive to stop it in extreme long term, because eventually they might run out of shills.. But I think that by the time g2a is no longer a viable business, they can just rebrand and start anew. They damn well have the money for it.
>>
>>376423482
>g2a is no longer a viable business
Unless e-goods related consumer laws are drastically changed, that's never going to happen.
>>
>>376419034
Bought a bunch of games there
They are legit
>>
Warning: Having G2A shield doesn't help you at all. I was a fairly regular buyer on G2A thinking i'd be fine with shield.

Lo and behold when a big retail game key i bought ended up banned prior to me ever using it.. The seller not only repeatedly accused me of lying when i fucking provided every information they wanted barring private stuff (that they didnt ask for) they actually sided with the seller.

Sure i got live chat CR but guess what? They cant forward info , provide what else g2a wants nor do they handle the case.

All they are there for is coddling and this back and forth went on for a month before i appealed to my credit company.
4 months later i got my money back due to CC company.

G2A shield is a lie.
>>
File: muh G2A scam cases.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
muh G2A scam cases.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376424271
>they actually sided with the seller.
Post a screenshot from your resolution center. Keys getting revoked happens all the time, but not getting your money back is literally something unheard of.
>>
Use paypal then, there, problem solved. What I know from using ebay a lot is that paypal charge the seller back in a fucking instant if you have any complaints.

Also, as many others in this thread, I've used G2A and similar key sites forever and nothing ever went wrong.

delete this disinfo thread
>>
>>376421823
Because they have no grounds on which to revoke keys most of the time. Stolen credit card money laundering is very convenient when it happens because they can't just shut down keys sold for sale / in third world countries / for promotion / with bulk discounts and what not for shits and giggles only because it negatively affects their bottom line when they're being resold
>>
>>376411941
Such a lie.

I did this once for a legitimate refund after they charged me twice for one key and was immediately banned.
>>
>>376423658
I don't mean from a legal standpoint, I mean from a standpoint of being unable to find customers. There is a theoretical possibility that it they keep getting bad press, one day they will no longer have a customer base. I don't think it's that likely, but it can happen.
>>
>>376407473
>I was attempting to get a cheap killing floor 2 key

You deserve it for trying to buy from Tripwire. They went full sjw awhile ago.
>>
>>376423001
It's not more money than it was before, since it makes it so people won't buy direct from dev anymore now that they don't offer complimentary Steam keys.
>>
>>376424549
No offense anon but i'm not posting anything remotely identifiable on 4chan.

I'm shocked as you are as i did state they were good on prior purchases 100% but thats how it went and im posting this so other anons do not enter this shithole.
I wasted a fucking month of bac and worth and they wouldn't even tell me why the verdict is against me even with their own g2a shield TOS on my side which is why the CC company sided with me.

Note this was not a chargeback as i could have done this day 1 instantly and no hassle. Instead i got that shit but won in the end.
>>
File: 1489861804418.jpg (84KB, 508x504px) Image search: [Google]
1489861804418.jpg
84KB, 508x504px
>buying games
>>
>implying op isnt some butthurt indyfag mad that people are exercising their human right to sell their own property
>>
>>376427246
There's nothing identifiable on that screenshot I've posted. It's really easy to take a screenshot of your resolution center archive and due to the current anti-G2A smear campaign going on right now, I'll just assume you're full of shit unless you post proof.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.