[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any genres or types of games you outright refuse to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

Are there any genres or types of games you outright refuse to play? If so what are they?
>>
MOBAs
>>
rhythm games and bullet hell
>>
Jrpgs
>>
>>376404318
fpbp, came here to post this
>>
>>376404265
Mobas
>>
Frog posters need to drink bleach. You are cancer.
>>
File: 0032_by_ynorka-d8nmaqw.jpg (102KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
0032_by_ynorka-d8nmaqw.jpg
102KB, 1000x668px
multiplayer
>>
>>376404265
Grand strat, FPS, VN, top-down (not as in isometric camera angle, but more like Crypt of Necrodancer, BoI, GTA1/2), MMO/anything with a primary focus on multiplayer, JRPGs.
>>
>>376404265
Anything that requires skill.
>>
>>376404265
>pepe
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>376404265
MOBAs, shmups, beat-em-ups, bullet hell, rougelike...

Basically everything except a very few 3d fighters, and C/A/S/TRPGs.
>>
Weebshit.
Seriously, it's fucking horrible.
>>
>All these braindead normies and retarded nintendobabbie manchildren shitting on JRPGs
fucking pathetic, go do something else with your time instead of playing child's toys like your shit-tier mario games. Fuck off.
>>
>>376404265
no i'm open to any game genre, faggot
>>
>>376404265
Any game with a female lead that isnt hot
>>
>>376404265
Fps, moba, rts and any game that uses anime girls as its main selling point.
>>
>>376404623
>rougelike
Are those the ones where you dress up for parties and such? Hate those shitty games too, mate
>>
pepe is dead. Pls stop posting him out of respect...
>>
jrpgs and non arcade sports games
>>
File: 1494154386672.webm (407KB, 942x894px) Image search: [Google]
1494154386672.webm
407KB, 942x894px
>>376404265
Browser games like neopets and a space one called ogame
I feel dirty like im some facebook whore
Card games
Racing games without some 'build up from nothing' type progression
F2P number treadmills
'creative' games like minecraft
walking/survival simulators
battle royal
2d platformers
>>
File: dodge.jpg (17KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
dodge.jpg
17KB, 400x289px
>>376404643
>>376404983
>nothing japanese, ever
wow your future with video games as a hobby looks pretty dead
>>
>>376405337
That's not what I said. Learn to read.
>>
>>376404623
Oh, yeah, and sports games. Won't play those.

Normally I wouldn't play racing sims, but I actually kinda liked Midnight Club. Don't think I'll ever play another racing game though.

>C/A/S/TRPGs.
And JRPGs. Played a fair amount of good JRPGs. They're mostly shit now, but, so are all genres.
>>
>>376404265
Fighting.
An actual monkey could get good at it, requires 0 thought, only muscle memory.
>>
>>376405485
I know this is bait, but I need to tell you that you're wrong.
>>
Mobile games
Assfaggots
Rhytm games
Rogue likes
Visual novels
Souls games
Side scrollers
>>
>>376405485
Pretty much this.
>>
I refuse to play all games.
>>
Fighting games.
>Le just practice bro!!!!
>Play against people who have been playing for years
>Just start with the easy to learn ones!!!!!
>Nobody is playing
Man I sure love the FG community

inb4 le >get gud
>>
File: 1481570386119.jpg (21KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
1481570386119.jpg
21KB, 248x248px
>>376405485
>I can't stand losing a competitive game solo. I need someone else to blame.
I took the fucking bait.
>>
>>376405563
It's not bait, I'm 100% genuine.
Fighting Games are fucking terrible.
It's literally just remembering some shitty moves and muscle memory.

DDR on keyboard is infinitely harder than any fighting game and that's a cheap rhythm game on the easiest controller.
I do not like lame fighting games.
>I'll admit I like DOA though, for other reasons.
>>
MOBAs and MMORPGs. I would say sports, but PES is fun with friends.
>>
>>376405571
>Mobile games
>Assfaggots
>Rhytm games
>Rogue likes
>Visual novels
>Side scrollers
This.

>>376405635
Yeah, git gud.

Although I can see the problem. Basically every fighting game except Tekken, and maybe, maybe, Soul Calibur, are total shit.
>>
>>376404459
DeadAss?
>>
>>376405686
>DDR on keyboard is infinitely harder than any fighting game and that's a cheap rhythm game on the easiest controller.
Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry I gave you (You)s.
>>
>>376404265
I don't like games that take place in modern or future settings, these games repulse me. Especially games that take place in our world. I've never had any inclination to touch any post apocalyptic game, GTA game, any war games or games with guns in general, mass effect and so on.

I like games set in medieval times with magic and game specific lore. Also like games like monster hunter
>>
AAA WRPGs
Overly weeb JRPGs
AAA FPS
MOBA
Post SNES Sidescrollers
>>
>>376405767
You (you'se) you Yous Youi Insurance.
>>
>>376405686
For 99% of fighting games, this is probably true, but I'm a lifelong Tekkenfag, and this is completely untrue of Tekken.
>>
>>376404495
>>376405571
Kinda surprised people that would explicitly list VNs as games they don't play would even consider them games to begin with.
Some do have a party system and some rudimentary dungeon crawling, but they're mostly what you'd expect.
>>
>>376404265
kill yourself frogposter
>>
File: somewhere.jpg (100KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
somewhere.jpg
100KB, 540x540px
>>376404318
This
>>
Multiplayer-focus games.

I really prefer SP games.
>>
>>376404318
this
>>
>>376404265
the darkshit games, here let me break down the entire series for you

>dodge
>roll
>slash
>repeat

I just assume anyone who enjoys those games is a fucking mentally ill spastic who should be taken to the farm and shot in the dick
>>
>>376404265
Mobas, visual novels, party fighters (smash etc.), trash action (bayonetta, dmc etc.), (f)atlus games in general, mmorpgs.
>>
ASSFAGGOTS
>>
FPS, third person is superior gameplay.
>>
MMORPG's, freemium mobile games, really anything that pretends it's a skill-based game and then encourages you to grind/fit a schedule/pay money to get stat boosts or some shit.

>>376405850
I blame TVTropes. For like a year it was a plague on that site. You couldn't read a single video game page without half of the entries being Fate/Stay Night or some shit even though it's about the loosest definition of "video game" I've ever heard in my life. It's like calling Mein Kampf a legal document.
>>
File: Dat HMLS.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dat HMLS.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>376405946
So you'll really like this webm then.
>>
>>376405836
>For 99% of fighting games, this is probably true
>someone writes a wall of text and I'm too fucking retarded to think critically so I agree with him because I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about either
>Let me list a game I literally saw this week to pretend I'm """""DOWN WITH IT"""""
Tell me who you fucking play, poser, anbd explain something like their fastest juggle
>>
>>376405946
What kind of melee mechanics do you like? Strafing/backstepping away from a highly telegraphed, non-tracking attack animation?
>>
I play JRPGs exclusively, preferably ones with love stories.
>>
>>376405686
>It's literally just remembering some shitty moves and muscle memory.
>goes on to say that DDR is harder
DDR is literally just remembering some shitty songs and muscle memory.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 600x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 600x367px
>>376405635
Id just say play them because you like them or don't. Seriously, Tekken 2 was my first PS1 game in 1997 and my first fighter ever. I just liked that it was a bout cool designed characters doing martial arts hand to hand stuff, ive played every tekken ever sinve and am atill very average with Kazuya, but that wont stop me knowing that. I just think there is something so cool about athlete martial arts goingn at it.
>>
>>376406168
>Tell me who you fucking play,
Mishima. I started with Hei in T3. DJ's my favorite though.
>poser,
Lifelong Tekkenfag doesn't mean particularly good Tekkenfag.
>anbd explain something like their fastest juggle
You know, for the sake of "winning the argument", I could easily go pick some combo off of mishimazaibatsu and say that one. I just like to EWGF niggers several times in a row when I can.
>>
>>376406151
>Strafes left
>Presses a button
Damn, you got me. I'll buy the entire series tomorrow!
>>
>>376404702

>Calling people manchilldren
>Thinks is cartoons featuring 1000 year old wizards that look like kids are for adults
>>
File: Kapella_photo.png (65KB, 234x278px) Image search: [Google]
Kapella_photo.png
65KB, 234x278px
MMO's
most multiplayer games in general (mobas, coop arena shooters etc... though there are exceptions. I used to have fuckton of fun with Unreal Tornmanent, Quake Arena and HL multiplayer back in the days...)
Fighting games
Shmups
Rythm games
Most precision platformers, 2D or 3D
Sport games

I generally avoid Weebshit, roguelikes, VN's, Spectacle fighters, but not on principle. Just find most of them unappealing.

One genre I WISH I could play, but I haven't ever managed to get into is Grand Strategies. I seriously respect the genre, I'd love to find the will and patience for them, but I don't.

I'll happily admit that most of this comes from the fact that I don't like competetiveness in general in games, I have bad motorics so anything particularly twitch-based is usually a big no-no for me, I usually care a lot for the narrative side of games (there are exceptions to this), and I'm just tired of anime tropes, so that pretty much explains my preferences and dislikes.
>>
>>376404265
Mobas, Mmorpg

The only online multiplayer games I can accept are old arena shooters and racers.
>>
File: Amygdala Likes Steak Dinners.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Amygdala Likes Steak Dinners.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376406537
You should. It's a good game.
>>
File: piece of shit.jpg (361KB, 600x757px) Image search: [Google]
piece of shit.jpg
361KB, 600x757px
fuck this game
>>
>>376404318
This and musous.
>>
>>376404265
MMOs
ASSFAGGOTS
Open world games
>>
>>376406974
>ASSFAGGOTS
que?

One guy says it, I figure it's shitposting. Multiple people say it, I think I'm out of the loop.
>>
>>376407097
Aeon of Strife Styled Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides, e.g. LoL or Dota
>>
>>376404265
Platformers. 2d and 3d. Hate em with a passion.
>>
>>376407138
Oh. Wouldn't "MOBA" be easier?
>>
>>376407284
No because they're not battle arenas, battle arenas are quake. MOBA is wrong. ASSFAGGOTS is correct.
>>
>>376407284
"MOBA" means "multiplayer online battle arena" which is as vague as it gets.
Call of Duty online fits this description. Fighting games fit this description. Online chess fits this description.
>>
>>376404265
Racing games and sport games
>>
>>376404318
/thread
>>
>>376405946
Any game:

>Do stuff
>Do other stuff
>Repeat
>>
No because I'm not autistic and will give a game a chance
>>
File: tiffanyboobs.jpg (87KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
tiffanyboobs.jpg
87KB, 421x600px
All these arcade rhythm and shooter posts... that's like my main diet. I don't know what I'd play if it weren't those. Oh well.

Anyway, the main ones I avoid are FPS, MOBA, and platformers. Generally RPGs too, I don't play nearly as many of those as others do. I've also stopped playing fighters for years and racers don't seem to grab me as before.
>>
>>376407587
T h i s.
Learn to enjoy things you assblasted cunts. Every game deserves a chance if it ain't that bad
>>
>>376404265
MOBAs, I don't get the appeal at all and they're not very fun to play.
>>
ITT: /v/ doesn't play videogames
>>
>>376408552
>if it ain't that bad
But most games are bad. And most genres produce nothing but bad.

In a world where games like Metal Gear Solid, Demon's Souls, Baldur's Gate, etc. exist, you're just not going to play a good game on your phone. You're just not.
>>
Why the fuck would I blacklist entire genres?

What a stupid thread.
>>
>>376408941
Because you simply don't enjoy certain genres?
>>
i won't play a game with a realistic aesthetic.

call of duty is just boring to look that, couldn't play that shit if i was being paid. give me some wacky impossible shit, nintendo is really good at this.

all games without art style age horribly, too.
>>
>>376408941
Because you personally don't enjoy them?
Nevermind, I guess you're like this guy
.>>376408552
Nevermind having opinions or avoiding things you know you won't enjoy; waste your time doing them anyways to broaden your horizons and be an enlightened individual like these two fine examples.
>>
>>376404265
Anything that has a majority of female characters in it. If I see a game cover and it has mostly females on the front and a couple of males pushed to the side, I'll pass on it without a second thought.
>>
>>376404265
Any game with violence in it.
>>
>>376404265
Everything which includes
>indi
normally some garbage from one person who just wants money
>sjw
Just no
>sports
Why? Play outside ffs if you want to do sports
>racing
I drive so I don't know why people want to play driving games if you can just drive yourself

There are other genres like action/rpg/adventure which are just too huge to say I don't like them. I hate most action games, but some are god tier.

For rpg for example I love Persona 5, but I can't even enjoy other jrpgs like Tales of.

For adventures it is the same as for rpgs. There are god tier adventures, but every point and click adventure is just shit.
>>
File: human botfly.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
human botfly.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
>>376404265
Moba
MMO
Survival games
Everything with zombies as main enemies
Everything made by nips, doesn't matter if it has anime artstyle or not.
Sport and racing games
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.